Sign in to follow this  
DA-WOODY

Motorcycle Insurance Fuckery

So I call to insurer me HD Switchback in addition to me SuperGlide Custom (till I sell old ride)

they ask where it will be kept

I give them address and All is Kool

But Weight. I say I have another address across street I may use (has a large wearhouse)

Noooo You Must Get another Policy for different address

WTF it's 50' away and me Bike will Never be there unless I'm doing something on/to it OR it's Raining = hardly ever !!

I can see if you get a rate in one location and keep it in another state = different risk

so I ask if my bike is Only Insured at my house

dude says it just needs to be kept there >50% of the time

Red Flag Warning .... I need to read the fine print as if they are this Big a Prick selling a policy they might not be as nice should there be a loss/claim

WTF Over !!!!

4 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

So I call to insurer me HD Switchback in addition to me SuperGlide Custom (till I sell old ride)

they ask where it will be kept

I give them address and All is Kool

But Weight. I say I have another address across street I may use (has a large whorehouse)

Noooo You Must Get another Policy for different address

WTF it's 50' away and me Bike will Never be there unless I'm doing something on/to it OR it's Raining = hardly ever !!

I can see if you get a rate in one location and keep it in another state = different risk

so I ask if my bike is Only Insured at my house

dude says it just needs to be kept there >50% of the time

Red Flag Warning .... I need to read the fine print as if they are this Big a Prick selling a policy they might not be as nice should there be a loss/claim

WTF Over !!!!

fixed that for you

Talking to an insurance company is like dealing with the cops.... keep your mouth shut.

• Like 1

Do you have Intact insurance down there? I used them for my last bike and found it ridiculously easy, with much of the titfuckery of the big players like State Farm, etc. Sonnet is even easier, but they don’t do bikes.