Sign in to follow this  
random

Tide Rising 7 m at your place

Greenland's ice sheet melting rate is accelerating, scientists confirm

They found that over the last 20 years, the rate of melting has been as much as five times as high as pre-industrial melt rates, and that the rate of melting is increasing, according to researcher Luke Trusel from Rowan University in the United States.

"The main conclusion that we found is that it's now melting more in recent decades than any time in the last four centuries, and probably more than any time in the last seven to eight thousand years," Dr Trusel said.

• Like 1

Uhmmmm, I wonder if Greenland might some day be, ah uhmmmmm, green?

• Downvote 1

Here come the trolls.  I got three already!

image.png.6d8babccdafa9636b9586655f4a74511.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, random said:

Dependable lot, ain't they?

20 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Yawn....

That's so awesome.  We start talking about a rise is sea level that would take out most of the cities on the planet, and we get ...

Fucking troll.

16 minutes ago, random said:

That was awesome!

Almost like long lining! :D

image.png.2b2f3600ea4058d3214b21f7c374412f.png

image.thumb.png.2b99ac117e62832188fad681a4a0ba9d.png

4 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

yawn...

hE543F007

59 minutes ago, random said:

They found that over the last 20 years, the rate of melting has been as much as five times as high as pre-industrial melt rates, and that the rate of melting is increasing, according to researcher Luke Trusel from Rowan University in the United States.

"The main conclusion that we found is that it's now melting more in recent decades than any time in the last four centuries, and probably more than any time in the last seven to eight thousand years," Dr Trusel said.

Too fucking late, I moved the new boat out of the shed and onto the hard on Tuesday. I don't need a 7m sea level rise now.

2 or 3 metres would be nice, though....

FKT

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

do they not care that they are fucking up the world for their children and the future?

No.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

do they not care that they are fucking up the world for their children and the future?

Not if they can wear their cheap blue suits to their office and gloat about creating stockholder value this quarter.

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

so, as with the budget, and healthcare, it's just them fucking over the future because they can.

They don't consider the future in any sense, other than that it's a potential point in which to make money.

They may consider how to shelter their funds so that their spawn will get the greatest amount possible, in the unlikely event that they should ever actually die.

image.png.7d38966c7a43885bb08bd73f07932175.png

Children's stories are great tools for Trump voters ... intelligent people, not so much.

image.png.9e9140dbbadb6209dd15901b8667c3ca.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, random said:

Children's stories are great tools for Trump voters ... intelligent people, not so much.

LOL...that graph show 4" rise in SL between 2010 & 2016....where was that measurement taken...Al Gore's beach side estate ? 

Tell me another children's story!

"We all thought this is something that was going to happen in 100 years or something. But it's happening right now."
-Diwigdi Valiente, Panama government official
  • Sea levels are on the rise, displacing entire populations and stirring fears for 'climate refugees' that must relocate.
  • A 'tipping point' is nearing as costs mount, and governments appear unprepared.
  • The impact is being felt as far away as Panama, and as close as Louisiana.

3 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Make up your fucking mind H2.  So you reject the science about climate change, buy are happy to quote it if it suits you!!!

Fucking hypocrite cunt!

2 hours ago, random said:

46 minutes ago, random said:

7 minutes ago, toecutter said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaa

Hooked another one!  This time we got a fcuking beauty.

This is the guy behind the video!!!!!

What a fucking hoot!!!!

image.png.764ed44ee66151a0dc0c727bf9d61ae1.png

Steven Goddard (Tony Heller)

Background

Steven Goddard is a global warming skeptic, regular contributor to WattsUpWithThat (WUWT), and operator of ”The Deplorable Climate Science Blog.” The name “Steven Goddard” is a pseudonym used by Tony Heller, which he confirmed himself in June 2014[3], [4], [2], [30], [32]

Tony Heller describes himself as “an independent thinker who is considered a heretic by the orthodoxy on both sides of the climate debate.” He has degrees in Geology and Electrical Engineering, and lives in Columbia, Maryland. He describes global warming as the “biggest scientific fraud in history.” [30][9]

Steven Goddard is known for a 2008 article in The Register where he posited that Arctic Sea ice is not receding and claimed that data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) showing the opposite was incorrect. Goddard later issued a retraction on his statement. [5], [6]

Goddard operates a blog titled “Real Science”, originally located at Real-Science.com, then at Stevengoddard.wordpress.com (until May, 2016), and now at Realclimatescience.com. [7], [8]

8 minutes ago, random said:

Make up your fucking mind H2.  So you reject the science about climate change, buy are happy to quote it if it suits you!!!

Fucking hypocrite cunt!

I only reject that it is man made and that man can do anything about it...I do reject those "scientist" on the Climate Change payroll .... the carbon tax...carbon footprint...man has the means to create Global Warming...AKA Climate Change...it is a scam 

And they are jumping into the boat!!!!

image.png.3d16b3d472d92f1f1fca2bf5e4ca30c9.png

5 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I only reject that it is man made and that man can do anything about it..

So in the red corner we have H2 who rejects the best science we have and ...

In the blue corner ...

The collapse of civilisation and the natural world is on the horizon,

Sir David Attenborough has told the UN climate change summit in Poland.

The naturalist was chosen to represent the world’s people in addressing delegates of almost 200 nations who are in Katowice to negotiate how to turn pledges made in the 2015 Paris climate deal into reality.

As part of the UN’s people’s seat initiative, messages were gathered from all over the world to inform Attenborough’s address on Monday. “Right now we are facing a manmade disaster of global scale, our greatest threat in thousands of years: climate change,” he said. “If we don’t take action, the collapse of our civilisations and the extinction of much of the natural world is on the horizon.”

So do you think I would take notice of some anonymous troll on the interweb?  Or someone who has devoted his life to understanding the natural world?

Go fuck yourself you evil evil cunt.

7 minutes ago, random said:

Hahahahahaaaaaaa

Hooked another one!  This time we got a fcuking beauty.

This is the guy behind the video!!!!!

What a fucking hoot!!!!

image.png.764ed44ee66151a0dc0c727bf9d61ae1.png

Steven Goddard (Tony Heller)

Background

Steven Goddard is a global warming skeptic, regular contributor to WattsUpWithThat (WUWT), and operator of ”The Deplorable Climate Science Blog.” The name “Steven Goddard” is a pseudonym used by Tony Heller, which he confirmed himself in June 2014[3], [4], [2], [30], [32]

Tony Heller describes himself as “an independent thinker who is considered a heretic by the orthodoxy on both sides of the climate debate.” He has degrees in Geology and Electrical Engineering, and lives in Columbia, Maryland. He describes global warming as the “biggest scientific fraud in history.” [30][9]

Steven Goddard is known for a 2008 article in The Register where he posited that Arctic Sea ice is not receding and claimed that data from the National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) showing the opposite was incorrect. Goddard later issued a retraction on his statement. [5], [6]

Goddard operates a blog titled “Real Science”, originally located at Real-Science.com, then at Stevengoddard.wordpress.com (until May, 2016), and now at Realclimatescience.com. [7], [8]

You haven't hooked anyone. Shooting the messenger is the mantra of your type. Embarrassing attempts to besmirch the presenter within minutes of a posting is unequivocal proof that you're nothing more than a zealot. Besides, DeSmogBlog (you really should include your links with these things) is hardly going to be complimentary of anyone that presents as a skeptic in any form. 

Now go and check out the facts - which all come from validated sources - then come back and debate them like a grown up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, toecutter said:

Now go and check out the facts - which all come from validated sources

So who is this lying shill cunt?  Is it Stephen Goddard or is it Tony fucking Heller?  I'm confused. 

Why does he need two fucking names?

Stephen Tony is a lying shill cunt who earns a shit living from pimping destroying the planet.  Seriously is there anything more fucking evil than promoting the destruction of this planet?

And you must be a stupid fuck for falling for that bullshit.

But thanks for playing, more seagulls to the feast!!!

image.png.bbb807e712894ef90be3b995a93915f2.png

11 minutes ago, random said:

So in the red corner we have H2 who rejects the best science we have and ...

In the blue corner ...

The collapse of civilisation and the natural world is on the horizon,

Sir David Attenborough has told the UN climate change summit in Poland.

The naturalist was chosen to represent the world’s people in addressing delegates of almost 200 nations who are in Katowice to negotiate how to turn pledges made in the 2015 Paris climate deal into reality.

As part of the UN’s people’s seat initiative, messages were gathered from all over the world to inform Attenborough’s address on Monday. “Right now we are facing a manmade disaster of global scale, our greatest threat in thousands of years: climate change,” he said. “If we don’t take action, the collapse of our civilisations and the extinction of much of the natural world is on the horizon.”

So do you think I would take notice of some anonymous troll on the interweb?  Or someone who has devoted his life to understanding the natural world?

Go fuck yourself you evil evil cunt.

bet you still need a night light...

From Sir David Attenborough

"Right now we are facing a manmade disaster of global scale, our greatest threat in thousands of years: climate change"

From SailBlueH2O

"bet you still need a night light... "

YCMTSU!!!!!!

From time to time I am involved in projects in the Far North.  I have been going up there since 1980.  Something is happening.  It is not as cold as it used to be at any time of the year.  I can go forever on the Beaufort Sea without encountering sea ice now.  An underwater Pingo that had my name on it is melted. There is flooding in the Eastern Arctic that is significant.  The Ungava Lakes that were formed by the huge meteor are overflowing.  At least Muskrat Falls does not have to worry about running out of water.  These are significant personal observations that may not form data, however, data backs them up.  It is getting warmer.  The ice is melting.  It has to go somewhere.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

What are "they" doing to fuck up the world that you aren't doing?

• Like 1

Whooooo Hooooooo!

We got another one!

image.png.e79fac1eecfa50c0ee1d5f4263859f15.png

3 minutes ago, Laker said:

From time to time I am involved in projects in the Far North.  I have been going up there since 1980.  Something is happening.  It is not as cold as it used to be at any time of the year.  I can go forever on the Beaufort Sea without encountering sea ice now.  An underwater Pingo that had my name on it is melted. There is flooding in the Eastern Arctic that is significant.  The Ungava Lakes that were formed by the huge meteor are overflowing.  At least Muskrat Falls does not have to worry about running out of water.  These are significant personal observations that may not form data, however, data backs them up.  It is getting warmer.  The ice is melting.  It has to go somewhere.

scroll down till you get to the historical news clippings as perspective 

https://realclimatescience.com/one-hundred-years-of-arctic-warming-and-cooling/

3 hours ago, random said:

Yeah, but Greenland's like WAY smaller than it looks on a Mercator projection, so no biggie, eh?

Besides, when the ice melts and it's lush and green we can move people from the new South Florida Shallows bank and the Kansas/Missouri Desert.

What is that crap from realclimatescience?  Doesn't co-relate with any data that has been taken over the last 250 years that records have been established in the Frobisher Area, for instance.  There was much done with the ice coring from Century City, the secret US facility near Thule.  The record from them goes back hundreds of thousands of years. The rate of warming is unprecedented.  this was the original concern that lead to looking at industrialization as the cause.

scroll down till you get to the historical news clippings as perspective 

https://realclimatescience.com/one-hundred-years-of-arctic-warming-and-cooling/

this is the guy, Stephen Goddard ahhhhh Tony Heller? 

image.png.8e12891c65bd743691b286fcd601d7db.png

So are you going to believe?   The Exxon funded lying for a living cunt,

OR

image.png.c7d702b1fbbd83aa606aa0cdcf341840.png

29 minutes ago, random said:

So who is this lying shill cunt?  Is it Stephen Goddard or is it Tony fucking Heller?  I'm confused. 

Stephen Tony is a lying shill cunt who earns a shit living from pimping destroying the planet.  Seriously is there anything more fucking evil than promoting the destruction of this planet?

" Now go and check out the facts - which all come from validated sources - then come back and debate them like a grown up. "

6 minutes ago, random said:

OR

I am speaking to the news clippings from the last 100 years....not a "scientist" ...these climate changes have been going on for 10,000's of thousands of years in cycles of heat and cooling...that is a fact I trust....not so much with conclusion and urgent solution and need of money and power

I am speaking to the news clippings from the last 100 years....not a "scientist" ..

giphy.gif

45 minutes ago, random said:

ranDumbcunt again attacks the messenger rather than absorbing the facts. Pure definition of a zealous cunt.

I have no  worries right now - I am on my second story. First story will have issues though!

1 hour ago, random said:

image.thumb.png.2b99ac117e62832188fad681a4a0ba9d.png

Randumb posts another cartoon as proof. I guess cartoons are the only way to get uneducated greenies to understand 'Science'. 

26 minutes ago, random said:

OR

A film producer worth $35 million?

We start talking about a rise is sea level that would take out most of the cities on the planet, and we get ...

Fucking troll.

No you are talking about a video you found on a google search, that you posted purely to feed your need for attention, and then you call others trolls. You are the happy jack of the left. Now what is the actual global rise in temperature over the last 100 years again? You know the figure agreed on by NASA and NOAA?

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

. Now what is the actual global rise in temperature over the last 100 years again? You know the figure agreed on by NASA and NOAA?

47?

"In 2007, 2008 and 2009, Gore publicly and very hysterically warned that the North Pole would be ‘ice-free’ by around 2013 because of alleged ‘man-made global warming.’ Citing ‘climate’ experts, the government-funded BBC hyped the mass hysteria, running a now-embarrassing article under the headline: ‘Arctic summers ice-free ‘by 2013’.’ Other establishment media outlets did the same.”

Running a bit late aren't they Randumb. Could it be that he was speaking shit?

“Due to global warming, the coming winters in the local regions will become milder.”- Stefan Rahmstorf, Potsdam Institute of Climate Impact Research, University of Potsdam, February 8, 2006

“More heat waves, no snow in the winter… Climate models… over 20 times more precise than the UN IPCC global models. In no other country do we have more precise calculations of climate consequences. They should form the basis for political planning… Temperatures in the wintertime will rise the most… there will be less cold air coming to Central Europe from the east"- Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Hamburg, September 2, 2008.

“Within a few years winter snowfall will become a very rare and exciting event. … Children just aren’t going to know what snow is.”- David Viner, Climatic Research Unit, University of East Anglia, 20 March 2000

“Spring is arriving earlier each year as a result of climate change, the first ‘conclusive proof’ that global warming is altering the timing of the seasons, scientists announced yesterday.”- Guardian, 26 Aug 2006.

Image result for stupid climate change slogans

2 hours ago, random said:

OR

Angelina Jolie's dad?

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I have no  worries right now - I am on my second story. First story will have issues though!

Fuckemall, my house floats.

Though I might need to add another 100 feet of chain and a tripline for if I catch on sunken houses and cars.

2 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Though I might need to add another 100 feet of chain and a tripline for if I catch on sunken houses and cars.

Well I can save on slip fees, I can just sail right to my house and tie up to a tree B)

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

4 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Angelina Jolie's dad?

That ain’t Jon Voight.  Unless the Botox went bad....

These threads attract trolls like flies to a fresh turd.

Managed to hook way more than I expected, good times!

image.png.e65e99fe69482139f3f09495851c347f.png

Another thread with Randsome being serious about GW.
Great ! Should be solved before xmas at this rate.
Random said to a local TV station earlier today: "No one fights global warming like I do. They all say it".

And he drives one of those EPA cheater veedubs. He’s a hypocrite 

53 minutes ago, random said:

These threads attract trolls like flies to a fresh turd.

I think describing yourself as a 'fresh turd' is pretty much spot on.

• Like 1

I wish the rate of melt would fucking speed up X10. 

It would be great to have a beachfront property in my lifetime, without having to move.

So who are the seagulls, the flies of the sea, that we have hooked this time?

In came

on the first three casts

but then reinforcements were needed so they called in;

toecutter

probably a sock, who did a piss poor job linking shill sites so they called in the big hitters like

jzk

who did a cameo, decided he was out gunned and fucked off on the hunt for some prawn heads at the boat ramp.

So then LB appeared, keen to take any opportunity to bore us with his self serving wit, the last seagull to the chips and he wasn't happy about it.

Some other light weights had a joust but nothing of consequence. 

This place is clearly overrun with anti-science trolls.

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Angelina Jolie's dad?

Are you saying that that face needs an introduction?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You never answered the question.  Is it because you don't have an answer?  What are "they" doing to fuck up the world that you aren't?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, random said:

You wouldn't  know science if ot showed up in your morning Alphabits cereal...

7 hours ago, random said:

President Trump frequents PA?

13 hours ago, random said:

Are you saying that that face needs an introduction?

I'm suggesting that some of us might have a sense of humor...

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I'm suggesting that some of us might have a sense of humor...

Sorry BJ, even the extra ..’s are wasted, let alone humour (with or without the u). 

On 12/5/2018 at 2:27 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=5upLfVseRnI&fbclid=IwAR0cehS2Ksjk3NyOoWS7E3uuxkOWABtHG82OfOUYFdvEhieQoSDrDWr2Atg

You mean like they fly private jets because they don't want to have to talk to other people?

6 hours ago, jzk said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=5upLfVseRnI&fbclid=IwAR0cehS2Ksjk3NyOoWS7E3uuxkOWABtHG82OfOUYFdvEhieQoSDrDWr2Atg

You mean like they fly private jets because they don't want to have to talk to other people?

So you post a segment on women arguing as evidence of ... what exactly? 

Or did you confuse that with science?

22 minutes ago, random said:

Are you really that stupid? 

36 minutes ago, random said:

I guess we now know more about his viewing habits than we really needed. 

17 minutes ago, jzk said:
40 minutes ago, random said:

Clearly not, but your post raises questions about you.

Do you think that women arguing on TV is relevant here?

50 minutes ago, jzk said:

Rhetorically.......

He thinks the end is so near he only buys short term CDs and ripe bananas. 

37 minutes ago, random said:

Clearly not, but your post raises questions about you.

Do you think that women arguing on TV is relevant here?

If you really cared about climate change, you would be outraged at the attitude of one willing to emit so much CO2 simply to avoid having to talk to people.  But you don't really care about climate change.  For you it is just an excuse to achieve a political end.

1 hour ago, random said:

2og0tt.jpg