Mid

Trump on Coming Debt Crisis: ‘I Won’t Be Here’ When It Blows Up

Trump gets criticized when we lies, which is almost all the time, and now you are criticizing him on a rare occasion when he tells the truth. Poor guy just can't win.

• Like 4

Admitting he won't be here for the 2020 election is a helluva revelation. Is he going to resign or be in jail?

Trump just cannot keep his mouth shut.

Que more lawsuits from various states AG for knowingly and willfully fucking things up for:  Pick a subject any subject and insert here.

He admits that he's crashing the country's economy, and that he doesn't care, and the Trumpsters still defend him.

At what point do the Red Hats realize that they are being UN AMERICAN?  

Edit: Never mind, rhetorical question.  That elk want to BURN THE BITCH DOWN....  

He's just doing what he always does as a good/bad  businessman , file for bankruptcy, 

this time we have to pay for his mess

Trump is only interested in Trump. His career and willingness to fuck everyone for his own benefit is his calling card, modus operandi and will be his testament. Leopards don’t change spots. He doesn’t give a shit about the people that voted for him or the blue collar worker or anyone. He isn’t an American patriot. He’s a dishonest snake oil salesman who regards his customers as suckers. Wouldn’t blame him for that, to be fair to him. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, garuda3 said:

He's just doing what he always does as a good/bad  businessman , file for bankruptcy, 

this time we have to pay for his mess

We have always had to pay for his mess.  He knows this.  He depends on it.  His followers aren’t the suckers- the resistance is.

Responsibility is a word Trump needs to become intimate with.  Responsibility is a word that his supporters need to become intimate with.  But they won’t. And, and has been said here before, the left will suck it up and fix it, one more fucking time.  I’m getting tired of fixing what the right continues to break.  The right has nothing but stupid, mean, and brutally selfish instincts, as we see here over and over and over.  

And with that said, c’mon righties, show us what you’ve got.  One more fucking time.  An outright declaration of dictatorship would be refreshing, don’t you think?  Quit being coy?  You’ll feel better!

• Like 6

14 hours ago, corkob said:

Trump is only interested in Trump. His career and willingness to fuck everyone for his own benefit is his calling card, modus operandi and will be his testament. Leopards don’t change spots. He doesn’t give a shit about the people that voted for him or the blue collar worker or anyone. He isn’t an American patriot. He’s a dishonest snake oil salesman who regards his customers as suckers. Wouldn’t blame him for that, to be fair to him. 

I don’t want to be fair to him.  We need to decide, as a country, how much willful conniving we are willing to take- the problem wth Trump’s con games is that there’s a real soft spot in the American zeitgeist for them - look around!  Business, culture, government,  sports, even some law enforcement all get this naughty giggle when a con shows it’s bad boy head.  It isn’t even grudging approval, it’s a sparkle in the eye.  Grudging admiration, at worst.  If it’s ok, just say so.  But it’s fucking with me, big time, and I want my pound of flesh.  It’s just not cute anymore.

8 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Between 40 and 50% of the deficit, this year is interest on the debt Obama and his predecessors saddled Trump with. 

And your plan to get us out of the 2008 mess was?  Please, enlighten us.

The old "throw gasoline on the fire, it was burning anyway" approach or perhaps this:

[Realizing that the brakes don't work on their speeding van]

Doug McKenzie: [folding his arms] No point in steering now.

11 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Between 40 and 50% of the deficit, this year is interest on the debt Obama and his predecessors saddled Trump with. 

IT WAS THE FUCKING REPUBLICANS YOU LYING SHITWEASEL. OWN YOUR TAX CUTS GENIUS.

• Like 2

BTW - This is not a Trump invention. Running up deficits to catastrophic levels has been a Republican plan for a long time now.
Gee what a shame, looks like HUD, Social Security, EPA, Department of Education, Medicare, Medicaid, the Post Office, FDA, and about anything else that doesn't buy misiles and guns has to be eliminated. What a shame (HAHAHAHAHAHA).

At least Trump is honest about it, he just doesn't care.

• Like 1

If the quote is true then on the debt Trump is no different than...well...just abot every politician in Washington. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

BTW - This is not a Trump invention. Running up deficits to catastrophic levels has been a Republican plan for a long time now.
Gee what a shame, looks like HUD, Social Security, EPA, Department of Education, Medicare, Medicaid, the Post Office, FDA, and about anything else that doesn't buy misiles and guns has to be eliminated. What a shame (HAHAHAHAHAHA).

At least Trump is honest about it, he just doesn't care.

Yes. Grover Norquist explicitly stated this was the plan.

The last Republican to accept that the services US citizens want can only be paid for by higher taxes was the departed GHWB. The rest of that party are just anti-democratic ideologues.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

If the quote is true then on the debt Trump is no different than...well...just abot every politician in Washington. 

No, liar. There are many politicians on one side of the aisle willing to raise taxes.

And then there are fuckwads like you that want more spending on stupid shit like walls, and to cut taxes. Oh, and there's  the whackjob libertarians making up bullshit.

23 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

No, liar. There are many politicians on one side of the aisle willing to raise taxes.

And then there are fuckwads like you that want more spending on stupid shit like walls, and to cut taxes. Oh, and there's  the whackjob libertarians making up bullshit.

Raising taxes has been tried. Washington it seems will always spend some percentage more than what we send them. None of them will do what really needs to be done....cut spending.

31 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried.  Fed revenue went UP in 2018 (to an all time high) after the tax cuts were enacted.  The problem is Congress, where members from both parties refuse to address spending.  I don’t see that getting better any time soon...

16 minutes ago, Dog said:

Raising taxes has been tried. Washington it seems will always spend some percentage more than what we send them. None of them will do what really needs to be done....cut spending.

Spending has been flat as a % of GDP for decades. Literally fucking decades. What's changed?

22 minutes ago, Dog said:

Raising taxes has been tried. Washington it seems will always spend some percentage more than what we send them. 

Why do you lie Dog? GHWB into Clinton - spending under control, higher taxes, deficit down. 

You've got your religion here - and you bullshit it. And you repeat it. It's the Republican mantra. Fuck you.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Spending has been flat as a % of GDP for decades. Literally fucking decades. What's changed?

And in excess of revenues regardless of tax rates.

2024?  By that time, Good Americans around here will be on and off of the Fiscal Responsibility Express any number of times. It’s nice not having to hear their bullshit when an American is in the WH, but I wonder who will pay the bill. 

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Bill Clinton says Hi!

just think how much better of we’d be if we had left tax rates as they were except for brief adjustments around the Bush recession and the soon to be trump recession 

18 minutes ago, J28 said:

You couldn’t be more wrong if you tried.  Fed revenue went UP in 2018 (to an all time high) after the tax cuts were enacted.  The problem is Congress, where members from both parties refuse to address spending.  I don’t see that getting better any time soon...

So 2018 revenue went up, and the 2018 budget deficit went up, with the R’s holding all the cards.  

So the next time you are scheduled to received some government money, send in a note (or a bill) a month or so ahead, and ask for less.  That would cut down spending.  Something a Patriot would do.  Email your friends, get them to do the same!  Start a movement!  Let the press know! Demand hearings involving the government types spending the money!  Shame anyone who spends or accepts government money- on the web, in the media.  And before you tell me to do it myself, I did it for decades in my own business, using efficiencies to cut down my bids, and wring more money out of what was left for my own balance sheet.

I’d say send in some extra money to the government, but that would increase revenue, which, I think you’d say was bad. I think, by your logic ^^^^, it would have to be strangling only government outlays that would accomplish what you hold dear. (?)

1 hour ago, Dog said:

But, but, but.....we were told many who voted for him did so because he WASN"T a politician.

Are you saying they were duped?  Shirley they would be angry at that and withdraw any support.

As to the OP, no one should be surprised at his mindset.

He has a slew of bankruptcies that should indicate that is EXACTLY what you can expect.

25 minutes ago, Dog said:

Wait - guys, this is a break through.  It appears that dog has finally learned something.  For a long time he explicitly denied that spending has been flat compared to GDP.  He waffled, he tried to move the goalposts (Were we talking only federal spending? durrrrrr)....

But here he finally admits it.

Holy shit.  Only about 2 billion more inconvenient truths to go.  At that point he'll finally be caught up to reality.  Some time in the year 2400.

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

But, but, but.....we were told many who voted for him did so because he WASN"T a politician.

Are you saying they were duped?  Shirley they would be angry at that and withdraw any support.

You could say it’s saying it was duped, but it wasn’t.  

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

He has a slew of bankruptcies that should indicate that is EXACTLY what you can expect.

And how many of us (you included, Bus) have been saying that for how many years?  Like before Our Beautiful President’s ascension to his Beautiful Office?

(you’d think Cassandra’s like us would have figured a way to make piles of money off of this prescience, tax cut aside..... <_<)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amati said:
8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

And how many of us (you included, Bus) have been saying that for how many years?  Like before Our Beautiful President’s ascension to his Beautiful Office?

Many said it.  But, the mantra of "burn this bitch down" drowned out our voices.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Many said it.  But, the mantra of "burn this bitch down" drowned out our voices.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I edited something to my post- something my dad used to say to me (all the time, actually, and he had an IQ of 175, so......)- ‘ so if you’re so damn smart, why aren’t you rich?

9 minutes ago, Amati said:

I edited something to my post- something my dad used to say to me (all the time, actually, and he had an IQ of 175, so......)- ‘ so if you’re so damn smart, why aren’t you rich?

Being able to predict future behavior based on past behavior ain't prescience.

24 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dog or Nanny. For how long did tax revenues go up after cutting taxes?

Is there anybody with any serious economics credentials who thinks the two are related?

-DSK

“In the U.S… [there’s this] notion of the American Dream,” Winter said. “I think Americans have been so successfully propagandized by politicians and the media, they end up banging on the door of a club [for the wealthy] that will never let them in.”

https://thinkprogress.org/panama-papers-scandal-movie-alex-winter-2e1c70da8c82/

Trump dont give a fuck, cause he rules a nation full of enough morons who want to be like him...

1 hour ago, Dog said:

liar

48 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Dog or Nanny. For how long did tax revenues go up after cutting taxes?

Revenues as a percent of GDP has been pretty steady as Raz'r has pointed out despite tax cuts or tax increases.

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Revenues as a percent of GDP has been pretty steady as Raz'r has pointed out despite tax cuts or tax increases.

You lie. Over and over. Spending has been consistent. Revenue, not so much.

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

You lie. Over and over. Spending has been consistent. Revenue, not so much.

Revenues in absolute dollars have gone up as the population grows. As a percent of GDP it's been pretty steady since the 50's

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

32 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Is there anybody with any serious economics credentials who thinks the two are related?

-DSK

No but you’ll always have bullshit artists here trying to make that claim, they just don’t like to talk about how long that phenomenon lasted. 

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Revenues in absolute dollars have gone up as the population grows. As a percent of GDP it's been pretty steady since the 50's

Why do you forget the 90s?  

Too drunk that decade?

Bush the Lesser's tax cuts and unfunded wars got us on this path.

Maybe we stop fucking around in other countries and get our tax system back in balance with our spend, eh?

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Why do you forget the 90s?  

Too drunk that decade?

Bush the Lesser's tax cuts and unfunded wars got us on this path.

Maybe we stop fucking around in other countries and get our tax system back in balance with our spend, eh?

I didn't, saying that revenues as a percent of GDP have been steady since the 50's would necessarily include the 90's.

I’m sure you have a cite on revenues as % of GDP

58 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Being able to predict future behavior based on past behavior ain't prescience.

I was using my gut. :lol:

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Why do you lie Dog? GHWB into Clinton - spending under control, higher taxes, deficit down. 

You've got your religion here - and you bullshit it. And you repeat it. It's the Republican mantra. Fuck you.

Is there anybody here more stupid than Dog?

I mean there are a few colossally stupid and ignorant righties here but he seems to set the bar.

AFAICS Warbird is his only real competition for the "Dumb as Dogshit" award.

7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

there's a long list

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I mean there are a few colossally stupid and ignorant righties here but he seems to set the bar.

AFAICS Warbird is his only real competition for the "Dumb as Dogshit" award.

I think the "not guilty" character is a contender.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

Actually seems to be pretty right. Hauser's Law. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYFRGDA188S

Edit: Dog beat me to it.

Notice the drop since Trump. It's no longer Hauser's law. Maybe Raz'rs corrollary is "Fed receipts will run about 19% of GDP, unless Rs own both houses and the presidency, at which time higher debt comes into fashion"

The deficit and debt were very much discussed in the 2000 election. The cut taxes and increase spending party won* over the fiscally conservative party. They cut receipts by 5% and increased spending by a couple of percent. The result was a dramatic increase in the long term trajectory of the debt. Some of that was from events that were not specifically predictable in 2k. It turned out that having a "rainy day" buffer would, indeed, have been a very good thing. Who could have predicted that?

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

I think the "not guilty" character is a contender.

Not Guilty/Warbird is doubling down on dumb.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Plenty. He does a lot with a weak hand. Kind of like advocating for Jesse James - "He did not rob that bank!" while not mentioning that was because he was busy robbing another bank and a train :rolleyes: Does anyone think they can do more with the drek he has to work with?

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Plenty. He does a lot with a weak hand. Kind of like advocating for Jesse James - "He did not rob that bank!" while not mentioning that was because he was busy robbing another bank and a train :rolleyes: Does anyone think they can do more with the drek he has to work with?

Sarah Huckabee Saunders does - but she has a bigger lectern to bullshit from.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYONGDA188S

And look at this...peek surplus around 2000 corresponds with a low point in federal spending as a percent of GDP. Want to cut the deficit don't fuss with tax rates...cut spending. 

Given all that's left is Social Security, good luck with that.

6 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

If I knew that and I figure Trump does why make it worse. What the fuck is your point ? Blame for ballooning dept goes back to  Reagan and his voodoo economics. Why does the right campaign on being fiscally responsible and outraged over national dept and then make it worse?

Obama took on an economy that tanked due to Clinton (lax Wall Street banking  I Figure but Bush didn't fix it) and then had to spend to battle recession. There is no recession now so why not pay down debt??? WTF.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, weightless said:

The deficit and debt were very much discussed in the 2000 election. The cut taxes and increase spending party won* over the fiscally conservative party. They cut receipts by 5% and increased spending by a couple of percent. The result was a dramatic increase in the long term trajectory of the debt. Some of that was from events that were not specifically predictable in 2k. It turned out that having a "rainy day" buffer would, indeed, have been a very good thing. Who could have predicted that?

The fiscally irresponsible long term trajectory we are on now really started about 1975 with a Republican president and a Democratic congress.

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/FYFSD

2 hours ago, weightless said:

Yeah, they were discussed in the 1980 election as well by Ronald Reagan, deficit slayer.

"Mr. Carter is acting as if he hasn't been in charge for the past three and a half years; as if someone else was responsible for the largest deficit in American history."

58 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

If I knew that and I figure Trump does why make it worse. What the fuck is your point ? Blame for ballooning dept goes back to  Reagan and his voodoo economics. Why does the right campaign on being fiscally responsible and outraged over national dept and then make it worse?

Obama took on an economy that tanked due to Clinton (lax Wall Street banking  I Figure but Bush didn't fix it) and then had to spend to battle recession. There is no recession now yet so why not pay down debt??? WTF.  

But it looks like it may be soon.  

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

But it looks like it may be soon.  

And now the reserves are dry. Gonna be a long one...

8 hours ago, Amati said:

And your plan to get us out of the 2008 mess was?  Please, enlighten us.

The Pain of Fiscal Responsibility. Let GM tank and take their workers pensions with them. Let banks fail to teach the others the lesson to be responsible when loaning out their depositor's money and teach the depositors to choose better banks. 

In other words, trust free market forces to teach the hard lessons and then pass a balanced budget amendment with a constitutional line-item veto. 

In the short term, create a blue ribbon task force to calculate the accumulated and ongoing cost to America from China's intellectual property theft and unfair trade practices. Then tell China that the US debt they hold is now paid in full. Any country that buys US debt from China runs the same risk. 

Eliminate income taxes, personal and corporate, and institute a national sales tax. Every citizen is given a monthly check equal to the sales tax burden of a typical lower income person. 

Almost impossible to cheat and fair across the board. 

20 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You are assuming he does not ink a deal with China? 

Recessions are very slow to form and very slow to pass. This (apparent) one began forming in November 2016. It will reach full depth in a year or two. Completely resolving all of Team Trump’s fumbles today will change very little.

In 2000 we were running a budget surplus. A position we were in because of reduced military spending, SS overhaul and a strong economy. The CBO projected that the US would more than pay off the debt by 2020 if we saved off budget surpluses. Saving off budget surpluses would have been prudent because mid-century obligations looked very bad, booms always bust and crises inevitably arise. Gore ran on saving the surplus. W ran on "giving it back".

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files?file=2018-10/12749-long-term-budget-outlook.pdf

5 hours ago, HuronBouy said:

Obama took on an economy that tanked due to Clinton (lax Wall Street banking  I Figure but Bush didn't fix it) and then had to spend to battle recession. There is no recession now so why not pay down debt??? WTF.  

WTF?  This is the Fuck! -

https://newrepublic.com/article/133431/donald-trump-right-deficits-dont-matter

I think you might agree, it’s pretty fucked!

Fuck!

:)

On 12/5/2018 at 4:19 PM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Trump gets criticized when we lies, which is almost all the time, and now you are criticizing him on a rare occasion when he tells the truth. Poor guy just can't win.

Yes, Trump has a point. The timing looks good for a Democrat to be in the White House when the shit hits the fan. Nice planning RNC.

8 minutes ago, J28 said:
2 hours ago, garuda3 said:

You’re shittin’ us right?  ‘Cause Bill Clinton, Paul Begala and James Carville convinced the country (with the help of the media) that the US was in a recession during the 1988 campaign.  

Re count that one on your fingers. Did Bill Clinton convince the country the US was in a recession while running for Governor of Arkansas?

-DSK

J28 must be too young to remember Black Monday.

Or is it just stupidity?

1 hour ago, Hard On The Wind said:

Yes, Trump has a point. The timing looks good for a Democrat to be in the White House when the shit hits the fan. Nice planning RNC.

Well, it's better than 8 years of Republican recession.