Sign in to follow this  
AJ Oliver

Actual Voter Fraud and Crickets from the US Reich

After years of hysteria about mythical, and ALWAYS unproven, voter fraud . . .

right now the silence from the US Reich on North Carolina is deafening . .  

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/12/06/after-years-fearmongering-mythical-threat-voter-fraud-gop-silence-now-deafening-real

What stunning hypocrisy 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You needed to start two threads for the same topic?    What's there to say?  If a local election official did something wrong, prosecute them.   

I would expect Prez Trump to issue a tweet, at minimum saying "See, Told Ya"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

You needed to start two threads for the same topic?    What's there to say?  If a local election official did something wrong, prosecute them.   

The local GOP was paying for the fraud to be committed.

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Sometimes, If you're really loud, and thrash around in the tall grass at sunset, the crickets will stop...... Just for a minute or two.

Let's face it, if this had been a Democratic operation, the whole congress, and the white house would be screaming at the top of their lungs.

Because it's a Republican..... Crickets.

It's not illegal to be a hypocrite.... Just unseemly.

• Like 1

Crickets are sensitive to distance... they will stop chirping when you get close (about 5 feet)

Seems like Republicans are similar; they shut up when you get close to the truth about something they've been chirping about. 

• Like 2

Are you saying that this current bunch of Republicans are lying, cheating, hypocritical scum?

Now I'm really disillusioned.

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:
2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

The local GOP was paying for the fraud to be committed.

As of the news this evening, it's not sure what they are going to do. Hold a new election would be the fairest thing, this is a fairly rural county wherein a couple of hundred votes make a big difference. From what I've seen, it's not the election official who has done wrong, it's the Republican candidate and his hired cheater. This guy (who has been convicted of various mopery in the past) hired people to go around in official-looking uniforms handing out and collecting absentee ballots; encouraging people to turn in signed blank ballots.... and many hundreds apparently did. Stupid, sure, but still cheating.

Not quite as bad as Georgia where the election officials put absentee ballot checks against a list of Democratic Party members, so that when they came in to vote, they couldn't. Clever, eh?

-DSK

Mopery - good word. :D

Sounds like what it is.

4 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

After years of hysteria about mythical, and ALWAYS unproven, voter fraud . . .

right now the silence from the US Reich on North Carolina is deafening . .  

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/12/06/after-years-fearmongering-mythical-threat-voter-fraud-gop-silence-now-deafening-real

What stunning hypocrisy 

"She gave them to McCrae Dowless. She doesn't know what he did with them afterward."

35 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

"She gave them to McCrae Dowless. She doesn't know what he did with them afterward."

Imagine she was the sole evidence of malfeasance they had. Imagine!

40 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Imagine she was the sole evidence of malfeasance they had. Imagine!

Gosh!..... I think we ought to get Andy Taylor, and Barney Fife on this right now!

I'm sure the good folks in Mayberry will let them step outta the county to do some good! (The head of the Republican party in NC reminds me an awful lot of Ernest T. Bass)

29 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

Why did Dowless accept them?

Huh? He paid her to deliver them to him. What am I missing here?

29 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

Why did Dowless accept them?

Because he asked for them..... It's only polite....

7 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Yeah, that would be the correct approach.

It appears though that ballot harvesting is legal in some states.

24 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Yep, ballot harvesting is legal in CA but then it's legal for both sides in CA. It's that ol' stats rahts thing.

4 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Yep, ballot harvesting is legal in CA but then it's legal for both sides in CA. It's that ol' stats rahts thing.

I would think that harvesting them blank and then filling them out for the voters is frowned on everywhere.

8 hours ago, Saorsa said:

If only "ballot harvesting" was the extent of what is alleged to have happened.

It must be a complete coincidence that absentee ballot returns were staggeringly unusual.

Linky

In Bladen and Robeson counties, some 3,400 absentee ballots failed to be mailed back to election officials, according to NPR member station WFAE.

That equates to 40 percent of mail-in ballots in Bladen County and 64 percent in Robeson, according to a Raleigh News & Observer analysis.

Gerry Cohen, an elections expert in North Carolina, told WFAE that when people go through the process to request an absentee ballot, they often return them. "The return rate is usually about 80 or 90 percent," he said.

November's unreturned ballots were disproportionately associated with minorities, according to The News & Observer:

More than 40 percent of the ballots requested by African Americans and more than 60 percent of those requested by American Indians did not make it back to elections officials. For white voters, that figure was just 17 percent.

Let's hope they get to the bottom of it. I'm convinced that voter fraud is rampant and believe that the only way to create trust in the system is to fix it.

It is the most perfect application of blockchain I can think of. Multiple independent recorders of the vote. A way for the voter to verify his/her/zir/hir/eir/vis vote was recorded and counted. 

Verified voters and verified votes. Count me in. 

33 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I'm convinced that voter fraud is rampant 

Election fraud perhaps, but I’ve seen no evidence of “rampant” voter fraud. Ask Kris Kobach, I believe he did a little research on voter fraud not long ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:
2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I'm convinced that voter fraud is rampant 

Election fraud perhaps, but I’ve seen no evidence of “rampant” voter fraud. Ask Kris Kobach, I believe he did a little research on voter fraud not long ago. 

You need look no further than the last Presidential election.  To Jack, the reports of Hillary Clinton receiving more votes than President Trump is clear and convincing evidence of this "rampant" voter fraud. 

There is no way he didn't capture 127% of the popular votes cast.  No way.

6 hours ago, Hard On The Wind said:

I would think that harvesting them blank and then filling them out for the voters is frowned on everywhere.

Yeah, that is illegal. But in CA it is legal for parties to drive around and pick up completed ballots. That's recent change but the rule applies equally to all parties; so that's fair. They apparently did that (which is illegal in NC) and a bunch of other things stretching back to the Republican primary as well. Even the Republican primary was an 'upset' over the incumbent.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article210238329.html

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article222363510.html