Meat Wad

Brexit, WTF

3 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Actually no tits on the Sun  page 3 since 2015. Apparently.

With Brexit the tits are now generally on the front page. Often taken after leaving the House of Commons.

58 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

I wish but no. The PM and his Ministers have plenty of powers under the British Constitution with or without Parliamentary approval.  https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN03861 summarises.

Dog that is the Royal Prerogative with regard to the Crown. Many of those Royal powers have now been devolved by laws with relatively recent reforms. For example the Queen can't sack the Government anymore.

Any powers the PM and Ministers (the Executive have) are founded on the constitutional basis they are answerable to the Parliament (not the Queen) and the law. The Executive can only nominate members to the upper house not the lower.

In fact in Brexit May tried to activate A.50 alone and was challenged and it was ruled it had to go Parliament. Coincidently by the same MP Gina Miller looking to use judicial review in High Court (today?) to throw a spanner in Boris's works. The irony is if she hadn't challenged A.50  originally then she could blow Brexit up today in 5 seconds.

Now that would be funny.

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Any powers the PM and Ministers (the Executive have) are founded on the constitutional basis they are answerable to the Parliament (not the Queen) and the law. 

That's incorrect. Government in effect exercises Royal Prerogative. I did pass my exam on this stuff......

• Like 1

The truth is you are wrong you Cockwarbler. Firstly there is only so many people like you in the UK... it is a finite pool of votes. Secondly one of you need to come out on top but where you are both bastardising voters from that same pool.

If you two ended up running the UK sales of rope would skyrocket notwithstanding the new 40% tarriff.

3 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

That's incorrect. Government in effect exercises Royal Prerogative. I did pass my exam on this stuff......

Yeah got that but where does that devolution extend to being superior to the Electoral Act etc??? I ask the question I don't know.

This Tory MP really has been hooking into the Boris Kool Aid...interesting sitting on a margin of 24% so not scared but a true be-liever OR in a 60% Leave electorate that will hand his head over to Farage if he steps out of line? 

Farage really has got these poor bastards scared.

So how the F*ck can an election solve a single issue referendum ?
The UK is going for a third election with Brexit as underlying theme, but only one referendum with a small margin.

The only solution would be as there as many parties as possibilities on Barniers staircase.
So Labour split up, and rebel Con join TIG or start new group.
A pity the Con or now almost equal to the Brexit Party, only difference is after No Deal the Con want a Deal (Canada minus). TBP want WTO and that is it.

The UK have now (or is trying to) block no-deal. But they don't agree on a deal. So they hope on the EU to extent on 31 october? Or what is the plan?

14 minutes ago, gewoon ik said:

The UK have now (or is trying to) block no-deal. But they don't agree on a deal. So they hope on the EU to extent on 31 october? Or what is the plan?

They have no new deal to agree or otherwise. That is Boris's job but he appears to be having trouble finding it.

Maybe Carries new dog ate it? Though I think Boris prefers pussy.

Carrie-Symonds-and-new-puppy-1173246.jpg

_108581945_larrythecat.jpg

27 minutes ago, LeoV said:

So how the F*ck can an election solve a single issue referendum ?
The UK is going for a third election with Brexit as underlying theme, but only one referendum with a small margin.

Leo I think their "flux capacitor" had a malfunction and is telling them today is May 2015.

IMG_20190905_205446.jpg

If BJ resign instead of asking for an extension by the EU, that would suit the oppositio. No hurry for an election then.
Bet that monkey will be silenced soon.

25 minutes ago, gewoon ik said:

Yes, extension to fight even longer about what kind of deal. But there must be an election too. Could shift powers.
Reminder, opposition has only been consulted in 6 weeks in 3.5 years to work together.
There is nothing to believe that Con will work with opposition in the future, and if the opposition gets the keys, they will be acting in the same way.

12 minutes ago, LeoV said:

If BJ resign instead of asking for an extension by the EU,

Looks like his brother has beaten him to it. Awkward Xmas family lunch.

Actually BJ tactic is a mix from May early standpoints and Corbyn's in 17 election.
Hard ball to the EU and try to distract from EU with big promises to spend on domestic issues. Who not even cancel out inflation they never balanced over the last 10 years, and will be funded out of nothing and with promising a tax break too.
Looks like he tossed the 2017 manifestos from Lab and Con together, and picked points.

It is a drain of MP's  to a very narrow minded one issue Tory party. If the whole One Nation Group quits it means over 100 MP's.
More then enough to form a new Con group that will gain sufficient power.
Did Churchill not cross the floor twice ?

Brother Johnson is his first cabinet member that walks away, double whammy. Quickest voluntary resignation of a minister in modern times ?

19 minutes ago, LeoV said:

try to distract from EU with big promises to spend on domestic issues.

Javid did all but put marginal Labour seat postcodes against his 20/21 bullshit spending plan.

10 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Brother Johnson is his first cabinet member that walks away,

Maybe he felt happy he didn't generate a letter from Eton to Dad like this? Very telling.

DzIddMcWwAwuMVW.jpeg

But Dominic, my majority has gone, my control of Commons business has gone, No Deal has gone, my chance at a general election has gone, the Father of the House and Churchill's grandson have gone, and now my brother has gone.

"Don't worry Boris, all part of my genius masterplan"

What a week. And only week 6 of his tenure.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

You obviously didn't read the rest. I don't think he is stupid. Boris even made him look like a genius yesterday.

Its not exactly difficult .................

29 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Did Churchill not cross the floor twice ?

All I can rembember resigned from the Tory's and joined the liberals, sacked over Gallipoli after killing off young men from the Empire, and voted out in 1945 after saving the country...plus like his current day fanboy, "very attuned to opportunity for personal glory".

Wiki;
A notable example of this is Winston Churchill, who crossed the floor from the Conservatives to the Liberals in 1904, later crossing back in 1924.

LIVE FROM LORDS (not cricket)

God knows what amendment # they are up to. Much more genteel than HOC, they are ripping Boris a new arsehole without raising their voices.

• Like 1

Some Con lord speaking;
If I was living in one of the other 27 countries in the EU I would fear for my life. LOL.

On 9/3/2019 at 9:48 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Apart from him sitting in the house since 1970 there is Churchill's Grandson and then check out how many ex Ministers. So if you voted with the Govt and supported May's deal you get kicked out by those rebels who didn't.  

I think this is called a purge.

EDkMQ1jWkAowyGc.jpeg

Kicked out of their party by..........a former journalist!

• Like 1

There are tweets going out that form a new cabinet from all the purged Con's. With the question; better then this cabinet ?

OMG..some real crackers in the HOL. A Tory Baroness said the UK had to leave the EU drawing a parallel between it and the rise of  Germany in the 1930's. She went close to intimating the UK would be the next Poland. She clearly forgot her Meds this morning rushing to get to that place.

Interesting a Lord Hamsterwheel or something just quoted a report from the incumbent Nth Irish Secretary warning of the grave dangers in Ireland attached to crashing out with No Deal!!!. Where in the fuck has he been hiding??

Would have been good to hear of additional funding and assistance like this the Govt will be providing UK SME's for life post Brexit in Javid's 2020/21 Spending Plan yesterday. 

Don:t worry if you missed it, it doesn't exist.

Fuckers.

And what prevents the EU to say on 31st October - or earlier :

Mr Tusk advised you in March to use the time wisely.  You clearly have not done that and we see no reason to extend.

You have not offered any clear and workable alternatives, amendments or solutions to your issues with the WA.

Your parliament is fragmented and still persists in only indicating what it does not want. Not what it does want.

On that basis you either revoke or we will take steps to terminate your membership on 00:01 Hrs November 1st.

Have a good day,

Michel Barnier.

Channel 4 news was in Brussels yesterday and to the question if any negotiations were ongoing, as claimed by Bojo, the answer was bullsh*t (on camera) and that 3 times.

The EU do not care if they get labeled as the architects of the UK's crash-out.They have already been blamed for that anyway. 

They'd be better off saying today that it's either "remain" or "no deal". At least that would give the UK a rationale and time for a second referendum or to just say "screw it", it was just an advisory vote anyway and we're not going to accept the advice.

38 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

Mr Tusk advised you in March to use the time wisely.  You clearly have not done that and we see no reason to extend.

You have not offered any clear and workable alternatives, amendments or solutions to your issues with the WA.

Your parliament is fragmented and still persists in only indicating what it does not want. Not what it does want.

On that basis you either revoke or we will take steps to terminate your membership on 00:01 Hrs November 1st.

Have a good day,

Michel Barnier.

Channel 4 news was in Brussels yesterday and to the question if any negotiations were ongoing, as claimed by Bojo, the answer was bullsh*t (on camera) and that 3 times.

The EU do not care if they get labeled as the architects of the UK's crash-out.They have already been blamed for that anyway. 

Personally I would be very sympathetic with such an approach. I think the EU would be more mature and pragmatic.

I think the EU believes (and I agree) that they are better off with the UK in the EU. As long as there is a plausible, even if improbable, path to that the EU will not want to block it. There is enough reason to believe a plurality of the UK might prefer to stay in the EU over any of the other options and enough political chaos in the UK to see a possible revocation of A50.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

Prevents: nothing.

However once the UK is out it is out and won't be rejoining. There are several reasons for the EU to not want that. UK is a major net budgetary contributor, I believe I posted the figure somewhere on this thread. UK is a G7 member which increases the EU's influence. UK if out may pursue the Singapore-on-Thames route which would not make it a comfortable neighbour for the more dirigisme-minded EU.

12 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

However once the UK is out it is out and won't be rejoining. There are several reasons for the EU to not want that. UK is a major net budgetary contributor, I believe I posted the figure somewhere on this thread. UK is a G7 member which increases the EU's influence. UK if out may pursue the Singapore-on-Thames route which would not make it a comfortable neighbour for the more dirigisme-minded EU.

That may be and it reminds me of something I posted waaaay back but is still very much current. The 9 lessons of Sir Ivan Rogers.

With the UK out of the EU it becomes a direct competitor of the EU.  We said at the time, let's see how that works out for them.

I'm sure it is of interest to the chaps that joined much later in this cesspit :-)

https://news.liverpool.ac.uk/2018/12/13/full-speech-sir-ivan-rogers-on-brexit/

55 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Money and trade missed and GFA obligations.

Q: Can you promise not to go back to Brussels and ask for an extension?

Yes, says Johnson. I would rather be dead in a ditch.
------------------------
So is he resigning if forced to an extension quest to Europe ? Or will he refuse to ask for it and end up in court ?

I think nobody in the EU wants UK to leave as this has big economical impacts for all, but would be especially bad for the UK. UK is also a client, if your client has trouble this makes trouble for you. So believing the EU to negotiate Mays deal again will not happen. EU hopes for a second referendum, or GE with the result that UK will stay in the EU. Many reasons for that. They have said very clear that they will not make any changes to the deal, but UK may make proposals on the IRL border, which are within the deal. Not more. Until now there are no proposals from the UK. Merkel has said clearly that germany will not give any advice on that situation, as germany or the EU just does not know enough about it. 

From an EU perspective many UK citizen start to realize how bad a Brexit really is going to be for the UK. The EU will just sit and wait until enough people in the UK understand that. 

In the meantime there is no majority for:

No deal

The only deal they can get

A second referendum

An irish sea solution

Any solution. 

It's up to the UK to solve this, they want to leave, not the EU. UK has simply three options: leaving without a deal and a hard border in IRL, taking Mays deal or Remain. It's just that simple. 

HOC looks more like a kindergarten or a comedy show than any serious political institution to many. Royals are funny enough, but Bercow and his gang tops it by far. 

Well, thats at least how I believe the EU view currently is. 

• Like 3

Boris Johnson asked to confirm whether he would rule out going back to Brussels to ask for a Brexit extension. "I'd rather be dead in a ditch," he responds.

https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1169650002202898433?s=21

Finally a brexit plan I can get behind

https://twitter.com/ollymonkeyboy/status/1169664516726120453?s=21

He may be surprised what a popular idea that is. :P

It is weird tactical thinking but to bring back May's deal, the UK does not need to talk to the EU, just sign the papers already on your desk.

22 minutes ago, jgh66 said:

I think nobody in the EU wants UK to leave as this has big economical impacts for all, but would be especially bad for the UK.

Think the reverse also applies...just too scared to say it now.

1 hour ago, dogwatch said:

I think this was the EU thinking 1 year ago and before.

Nevertheless (and unfortunately IMHO) nowadays they are balancing what you are saying against the cost of a troublesome Eurosceptic UK member. They are tired of this and I don't think that they will do as much as they were willing to a year or two ago. Brexit has been a huge waste of time for the EU, they have big fish to fry urgently. On top of this some of the fishes will be easier to fry without the UK veto threat.

At this stage I think that the EU would like the UK to have a Norway type of deal to avoid the economical consequences and have the UK on a leash. In a way, that's truly bizarre because this is what Farage was asking for during the referendum campaign.

If there is an election or a referendum with a clear remain mandate, obviously they won't be in a position to push out the UK.

With No Deal off the table expected stock uplift and Sept bounce won't occur. UK might already be in Recession. That will become official in Oct, not a great time to be going to an election for an encumbant.

EDm5BIpWsAAayc3.jpeg

That feeling when you realise you should have submitted the article supporting Remain instead of the Leave one

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

If there is an election or a referendum with a clear remain mandate, obviously they won't be in a position to push out the UK.

For all the super hype going on in these pages in the last couple of days of the Remainers hopes for a reversion of Brexit, any revision of the original 2016 vote relies totally on who wins the next election here in the UK regardless of any shenanigans of the moment. This period is just a sideshow and in a couple of weeks will be meaningless. My own view that the present shenanigans are just the continued death spasms of the old guard and the imbeciles who think that opposing their own constituents is not going to cost them their career, is just to be expected such is the level of incompetence of the ruling elite. Eventually we must hit rock bottom ( still some way to go yet I'm afraid to say ) and we can have a clear out from top to bottom of the said ruling class and get back to reuniting the country and getting on with our day to day lives without Brexit dominating the media bubble.

As an election is coming around regardless of any legal, MP's or Lords interventions very very shortly ( just a minority government will dictate this ), I don't want to dash too many of your hopes but the selection process for our votes is going to be pretty arbitrary, Liberal and Labour on one side and Conservative and Brexit Party on the other. The minute Labour and Liberals and the Greens agree to not contest each others turf then Boris is going to have to agree terms to your favourite, Nige. When that happens it then comes down to Liberals with all their baggage from the early noughties and labour with all its Marxist background influences versus Boris with all his waffle and Nige with all his supporters.

So will anyone willingly be able to vote for Corbyn / Libs, only the dedicated few that are paid up Labour card carriers, 1/3 the Conservative voters pissed off enough and wanting to remain plus the old faithful Libs voter who were pretty much in short supply until a few months ago. On the other side Boris and a refurbished totally Brexit leaning party  with 2/3rds of the Conservative votees and Niges followers. That's a bigger percentage than the former but throw in a radical voter going down the Green route and the SNP and NI rabble and you have a real problem forecasting any sort of out come.

Who knows other than one thing, the polling companies are going to be pulling their hair out on this one as what ever they predict, it ain't going to happen.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

With No Deal off the table expected stock uplift and Sept bounce won't occur. UK might already be in Recession. That will become official in Oct, not a great time to be going to an election for an encumbant.

Interesting that you haven't shown the equivalent German mangers data table, these financial problems are not just in the UK who is doing surprisingly well considering the negativity of the likes of the CBI and Jack.

image.png.1a6bd238596bf1318fa4bed53480871e.png

https://tradingeconomics.com/germany/manufacturing-pmi

Interesting sitting from the "leaving the EU" committee in parliament yesterday, on the BBC parliament channel this evening. They were questioning Andrew Opie, a director with the retail consortium about how his industry was getting ready to mitigate no deal. He made the point that a typical lorry crossing to the Republic of Ireland from the UK to supply supermarkets in the Republic will have in excess of 200 different products on board that are derived from animals. Each one will require its own customs dossier that has been individually signed by a vet. The produce is in the supermarket 3 hours after boarding the ferry, and sold 8 hours later. He suggested that there isn't any mitigation for this, they will simply have to scrap the system and supply the supermarkets via other means, most probably from the EU instead.

He and Karen Wheeler, the former head of UK revenue and customs, were asked how they thought the UK government policy of leaving the Irish land border open with no tariffs would work. They both pointed out that the minute some food arrives tariff-free from Ireland to NI, the Australians and New Zealanders will be banging on the door of WTO to ensure that the UK will have to accept all their food products tariff-free and without checks, so even if the UK government implements this policy initially, it won't last.

I know none of this is new, but it is the first time I have actually watched the experts respond on this subject. They have both invested huge amounts of energy and resources to try and do the best they can to offset the Brexit issues, but are clearly not able to do so. Andrew Opie was asked to confirm that, whilst many foods would become more expensive, some would become cheaper. He said that they had assessed the full breadth of products, and had identified many areas that will lead to increased costs, but had yet to identify a single product that will be cheaper. He said that UK farming basically turns oil into food, and the cost of oil will be under pressure from the falling pound, so he could not see how even home-grown products could be cheaper.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

it then comes down to Liberals with all their baggage from the early noughties and labour with all its Marxist background influences versus Boris with all his waffle and Nige with all his supporters.

What a choice to be faced with

8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Interesting that you haven't shown the equivalent German mangers data table, these financial problems are not just in the UK who is doing surprisingly well considering the negativity of the likes of the CBI and Jack.

Interesting not referring to Germany????

Last time I looked Germany is not leaving the EU in Oct, will not be incuring resultant self inflicted economic impacts, does not have an election planned to coincide with 3rd Qtr economic results and did not table a 20/21 Spending Review on Wednesday. A Review upon using that tabled trend I posted, those actual 3rd Qtr results when to hand will vapourise that Spending Review and which looked like a piece of Swiss Cheese the moment it was tabled anyway as I posted upthread.

Wayne your post is typical of your ilk who can't justify what you have done, think and what is occuring and can't even "own" your decision, but try and find a distraction like that shit of yours to avoid it.

Maybe into the second week lining up at your local Food Bank the penny may drop.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wayne your post is typical of your ilk who can't justify what you have done, think and what is occuring and can't even "own" your decision, but try and find a distraction like that shit of yours to avoid it.

My post was not meant as a distraction at all, simply to say that there are two sides to your stories Jack which you don’t seem to report and although you think that it’s all roses on the EU side and nothing but nettles on the British side, the EU’s total intransigence on discussing a Free Trade Deal from the beginning, but to focus only on the leaving settlement, will have major repercussions for the money bags of the EU, that of Germany’s economy, coupled with the American and Chinese spat with Germany, then Germany as the financial benefactor of all the EU countries, is going to be seriously effected and hence the managers outlook as being near the lowest its ever been.

Can I justify what I did by voting leave, I don’t know yet as everything is still wound up in beurocratic nonsense and who has got the biggest dick waving contest, until that settles down and both the EU and the U.K. ruling mumbies begin to act in their people’s interest and not their own political interests, we won’t be able to make a learned appraisal of whether that decision was wise or not. 

Like all major changes, that’s probably at least a decade away, not as you seem to think on Nov 2nd.

8 hours ago, hump101 said:

He made the point that a typical lorry crossing to the Republic of Ireland from the UK to supply supermarkets in the Republic will have in excess of 200 different products on board that are derived from animals. Each one will require its own customs dossier that has been individually signed by a vet. The produce is in the supermarket 3 hours after boarding the ferry, and sold 8 hours later. 

Hump good find as that Select Committee Hearing got lost in the goings on in the HOC the same day and he is spot on. He could have added (as I pointed out upthread) the food supply chain is so tight not one supermarket chain on the entire island of Ireland has a Distribution Warehouse, relying instead on "same day" delivery from Great Britain or from the EU via it as a land bridge.

Great Britain is not much better off particularly in Southern England where the majority of the population resides. 

The concept of individual supermarkets,  bakeries and butcher shops etc having insitu storage capability of more than a day or two at most disappeared years ago. In older stores that surplus space has been converted to retail.

Having a rampant "desire" to exit with No Deal is one thing. Having no "capacity" to do so is criminal and these pricks promoting that and who are impacted upon the least, should be fucking shot.

18 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

the EU’s total intransigence on discussing a Free Trade Deal from the beginning, but to focus only on the leaving settlement

How can you discuss visitation rights before divorce when you don't even know who got the house and who got the kids? There was saying cart before the horse or something like that?

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

My post was not meant as a distraction at all, simply to say that there are two sides to your stories Jack which you don’t seem to report and although you think that it’s all roses on the EU side...

Wayne what is the "second side" to exactly what I posted on then?? I don't know what it is. For instance what is the second side to 20/21 spending plans to properly combat the impact of Brexit, when the Govt have no such expenditure plans? No impacts?

What is happening elsewhere is totally irrelevant, other than to comment upon their plans.  

If there was a credible second side, one would think you would do so. You can't or refuse to so play your usual "strawman" argument card.

It gets rather tiresome after a while picking off the bits of straw while listening to you blabber on.

16 minutes ago, Upp3 said:

How can you discuss visitation rights before divorce when you don't even know who got the house and who got the kids? There was saying cart before the horse or something like that?

Shhhhhh, Brexiters don't like logic of common sense.

2 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Shhhhhh, Brexiters don't like logic of common sense.

"I want divorce! After that we can have even more sex than now!"

"No sex, unless you do the chores, change nappies and give me emotional support."

"Naah, lets talk about sex, fugettabout those other things!"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Laura K tries to pin him down.

Like trying to nail jelly to the wall. 

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

the EU’s total intransigence on discussing a Free Trade Deal from the beginning 

Wayne, really !!!  I have questioned your reasoning before but now you are just spouting shit to get a reaction.

Rules & procedures Wayne.   Rules & procedures laid down in conventions and covenants that the UK signed up to.

But you think because it is a tad inconvenient or doesn't agree with your narrative that you should break them.  

Take back control, you know you want to :lol:

• Like 1

Boris Johnson has been criticised for politicising the police by using uniformed officers as the backdrop for a speech about Brexit.

Thirty-five officers stood behind the prime minister during the speech which included details on police funding.

The Police Federation said the decision was wrong while the police commissioner labelled it a "political stunt".

Earlier on Thursday, Mr Johnson took part in walkabouts in Leeds and Wakefield where he was approached by a member of the public who shook his hand before politely asking him to leave his town.

The encounter led to the the hashtag PleaseLeaveMyTown trending on Twitter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leeds-49599379

5 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Really ?

As if we needed any more proof that he really has no fucking clue!

That is why he is standing in a field with cows, they can not ask him to Leave.

"Grieved me deeply" as I assassinated them. This guy has neither no moral compass or even half a brain. Take a bow Tory members....grande job and you were even warned. 

1 hour ago, mad said:

Bull bumped into a plain clothes police officer while being walked by the PM at a farm in Banchory

There's a way deeper significance in this pic ............. Boris trying to hang on to politics/pariahment

18 minutes ago, mad said:

As if we needed any more proof that he really has no fucking clue!

I have a paper in front of me dated earlier this year which was a submission from the UK to the EU regarding Australias current Free Trade Agreement negotiations with the EU. It read like it was written by a 12 yo. The UK have no fucking clue about the real world of trade.

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hump good find as that Select Committee Hearing got lost in the goings on in the HOC the same day and he is spot on. He could have added (as I pointed out upthread) the food supply chain is so tight not one supermarket chain on the entire island of Ireland has a Distribution Warehouse, relying instead on "same day" delivery from Great Britain or from the EU via it as a land bridge.

Great Britain is not much better off particularly in Southern England where the majority of the population resides. 

The concept of individual supermarkets,  bakeries and butcher shops etc having insitu storage capability of more than a day or two at most disappeared years ago. In older stores that surplus space has been converted to retail.

Having a rampant "desire" to exit with No Deal is one thing. Having no "capacity" to do so is criminal and these pricks promoting that and who are impacted upon the least, should be fucking shot.

That is basically what Andrew Opie said, they will supply direct from EU instead.

The most interesting thing about that committee meeting, apart from the fascinating details provided by the expert witnesses, was the makeup of the committee. A third were missing, as no Conservative members showed up. Do they already know this stuff, or aren't they interested?

• Like 1

Boris thinks he is Octavius????? That is instructive.

Born as Gaius Octavius Thurinus this Roman leader is known to us today as either Emperor Augustus then a third name that of Gaius Julius Caesar.

Octavius changed his name twice it is reported to help make the people "love him".

18 hours ago, LeoV said:

It is weird tactical thinking but to bring back May's deal, the UK does not need to talk to the EU, just sign the papers already on your desk.

And since the word "backstop" occurs only once in the entire voluminous agreement.......just cross out the word "backstop" and substitute it with  the words "alternative arrangements". Everyone is happy. UK agrees to EU terms and BJ can claim he has replaced the "backstop" with "alternative arrangements" 

28 minutes ago, hump101 said:

The most interesting thing about that committee meeting, apart from the fascinating details provided by the expert witnesses, was the makeup of the committee. A third were missing, as no Conservative members showed up. Do they already know this stuff, or aren't they interested?

A third missing...mmm..they had a vote coming up on the No Deal Bill ...maybe they were really scared about 4th "take the whip" monkey??? ...maybe they should have given more thought to the lesser of "two weavils"? 

1chnpo.jpg