Meat Wad

Brexit, WTF

image.png.79cf23a4c6b78722ad12bd8b6242580d.png

image.png.caa94907ea1c9526a49816e965f4c871.png

It was so easy being part of SM, now this for meat and dairy.

Problems here - aren’t or certainly weren’t enough vets... vast majority of vets working in this capacity are non British nationals/ EU nationals. - nor council inspectors - nor customs agents - & concerns foreign refrigerated lorries relied on for exports won’t risk delays

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

So what you are saying is that the Irish border is a special case and all the containers coming into say Rotterdam that are electronically declared, are all genuinely fully legal and above board ?

Based on what I've read, the Port of Rotterdam has customs inspectors.  Containers that are suspect are flagged and opened for inspection.  To do the same on the Irish border would require having customs inspectors at every border crossing ready to stop and inspect any vehicles they suspect of engaging in smuggling.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I’ve lived in Canada, the US, and Australia and I’ve spent a considerable amounts of time in South America and if there’s only one thing we should all learn from the colonization and plantation of those countries it should be how not to treat the natives.

”New Scotland” my arse..

I actually am from Nova Scotia. All I'm saying is that nativism is the last refuge of people with no initiative. 

• Like 2

Just now, spankoka said:

I actually am from Nova Scotia. All I'm saying is that nativism is the last refuge of people with no initiative. 

That’s nice luv

58 minutes ago, alphafb552 said:

EU sources say PM seemed taken aback when shown implications of his Brexit plan

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/sep/18/boris-johnson-surprised-by-level-of-irish-border-checks-brexit

Add to that this from FT's Brussels scribe.

Seems like the size of Boris's brain has been oversold just like the numbers on his bus.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

That was good.

However the assertion that MP's have been "representatives" of the people since the late 1800's and no longer "delegates" of the people does not accord with the majority view of UK constitutional experts. This is unique to the UK as the "representative"  constitutional position attaches to many European Parliaments

The "representative" narrative is used by Brexiteer MP's to give standing to the people's 52/48 referendum result. 

The "delegate" narrative is used by Remainer MP's to give support to the people's standing "ceasing" at the ballot box and where they are then entrusted to act in the best interest of the nation as whole.

UK democracy isn't broken in the UK. What is broken is the wider understanding of what it actually means and when those in Westminister take advantage of that ignorance with their "representative" spin.

52% of the people voted to leave the EU

the turnout was one of the largest in modern times yet here you cockgobbelers are trying to do all in your power to usurp the will of the people.

Shame on you wanks.

now I’ve got to go to work because I’m an economic migrant who doesn’t have the luxury of a direct provision center to fall back on should I fall.

31 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Don't know about this one with all 10 DUP members folding their tent and ERG Spartans pruned down to only 8?  That said I would expect more leakage from Labour than 17. 

Lets hope it will pass EU red lines (doubtfull) and they vote this way. MP's must be waiting to vote for something that makes sense.
They call a majority of 25, so DUP not needed, more ERG can go against it.

50 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

the turnout was one of the largest in modern times yet here you cockgobbelers are trying to do all in your power to usurp the will of the people.

Shame on you wanks.

Seems those cockgobblers are gobbling up that 52%. 

WhatUKThinks_Poll_8718_20190918.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Shame on you wanks.

now I’ve got to go to work because I’m an economic migrant who doesn’t have the luxury of a direct provision center to fall back on should I fall.

Remind me why leaving is a good idea.

I'm afraid It was so obvious to me that we should remain that I never really considered that the vote would be to leave. Complacent and foolish of me. I have since tried to understand why so many people thought it was a good idea and have yet to hear of good, yet alone compelling, reasons. A fair bit of time has passed since the vote and it seems very clear that the only "deal" on the table is unpopular (rejected three times) and that leaving without a deal is definitely a Bad Idea (sufficiently so as to be illegal).

If there is still a "majority" in favour of leaving then a "confirmatory vote" would seem to be a good way to reaffirm that but apparently that's "undemocratic"... presumably because there isn't a majority in favour of leaving any more, so the "powers that be"  (ie Leavers) don't want to risk it.

Looks like there may be an election coming: Boris Johnston, Jeremy Corbyn, or Jo Swinson; who shall we have as Prime Minister?

How can that even be a question worth asking?

Cheers,

W.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

jfc but you’re one stupid cunt.

read the post I quoted.

you should change your handle from Jack_Sparrow to Jack_Shit because that’s precisely what you know about this subject, besides your incessant cutting and pasting that is.

You should have read my post. I didn't ever claim that everything positive was attributable to the EU. Just that Ireland has fared well while in the EU.

I believe that you are building strawmen because you know that your position is untenable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mad said:

How long before he crawls into a ditch to die?

The question is "when do the public lose confidence in him??"

At the moment that doesn't appear imminent and ignores these ongoing train smashes. 

3 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

You don't live here in Europe do you?

You have no experience whatsoever of what the EU has achieved in the daily lives of its citizens

Very brash to condemn it as a failure from so far away

No, I don't live in the EU, though I visit it and the UK from time to time as I enjoy seeing where Western Civilization was incubated 500-1000 years ago, when my Highland and Island Scots ancestors were ravaging the country side, fighting the other clans, the Irish, English and Norsemen, and before any of them made the voyage to North America in the 1600's. 

I compare it to what has been achieved in the US and other free nations of the world post WWII.

Perhaps you are content with the erosion of freedom and the paltry economic performance, and that may be better than your previous results, if so good for you. That you have an influx of immigrants from less desirable locales is clear, that you have an outflux of emigrants to more desirable is also clear. Check on net results and see if you like the projections. 

5 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

The details are moot: I don't think there's any value in debating the "correct" price for electricity, whether the US generation is irresponsibly cheap and doing the damage that's claimed or whether the price in Germany actually has anything to do with environmental impact. The point is that there is a key argument around Brexit in the UK and the country's direction of travel.

Having failed to find this path to date, the UK is now busy agonising over which direction to take and not acknowledging that the current shit fest is making things worse: The polarisation is making it ever harder to find a middle way between the claimed "over-regulation" of the EU and the "capitalist disaster" that the USA route offers.

We are not leading, we are choosing who to follow into the shadows.

The agonizing is clear. 

Those who claim environmental disasters on short time schedules seem all to willing to invest in seafront property, which is puzzling to say the least. 

Voluntarily disarming yourself for the cheap thrill of virtue signalling is one choice, when the Gazprom tap is turned off, one hopes Frau Merkel has a backup. It's rather ironic that the "Paris Accords" were supposed to limit pollution and yet the only nation making significant reductions is the US with the conversion to Natural Gas... 

I was impressed by the turbines all over Morayshire, not a lot of solar to be seen, but that's probably sensible given that St. Columba is the patron of perpetual overcast. 

1 hour ago, LionessRacing said:

Voluntarily disarming yourself for the cheap thrill of virtue signalling is one choice, when the Gazprom tap is turned off, one hopes Frau Merkel has a backup. It's rather ironic that the "Paris Accords" were supposed to limit pollution and yet the only nation making significant reductions is the US with the conversion to Natural Gas... 

So you critisise the EU for maximising the employment of gas and yet praise your own country saying it is ironic it is the only country achieving Paris Accord style pollution reduction using gas?? Only country? Do you you know where say Asia is?

Thats the same United States which is the only country in the world that has rejected the Paris treaty and it's gas production is founded largely on fracking. 

Are you drunk?

1 hour ago, LionessRacing said:

No, I don't live in the EU, though I visit it and the UK from time to time as I enjoy seeing where Western Civilization was incubated 500-1000 years ago, when my Highland and Island Scots ancestors were ravaging the country side, fighting the other clans, the Irish, English and Norsemen, and before any of them made the voyage to North America in the 1600's. 

I compare it to what has been achieved in the US and other free nations of the world post WWII.

Perhaps you are content with the erosion of freedom and the paltry economic performance, and that may be better than your previous results, if so good for you. That you have an influx of immigrants from less desirable locales is clear, that you have an outflux of emigrants to more desirable is also clear. Check on net results and see if you like the projections. 

Before being so condescending you might check poverty in the USA. what's the point of economic performance if a sizeable chunk of your fellow countrymen live in poverty? I am yet to see people feeding themselves with GDP spreadsheets.

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Seems those cockgobblers are gobbling up that 52%. 

WhatUKThinks_Poll_8718_20190918.jpeg

Lol

are those the same cockgobbelers who predicted a landslide for remain a couple of years back?

You know the old saying

”fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice then I should quit gobbling cock”

you should heed it..

:-) 

2 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

Remind me why leaving is a good idea.

I'm afraid It was so obvious to me that we should remain that I never really considered that the vote would be to leave. Complacent and foolish of me. I have since tried to understand why so many people thought it was a good idea and have yet to hear of good, yet alone compelling, reasons. A fair bit of time has passed since the vote and it seems very clear that the only "deal" on the table is unpopular (rejected three times) and that leaving without a deal is definitely a Bad Idea (sufficiently so as to be illegal).

If there is still a "majority" in favour of leaving then a "confirmatory vote" would seem to be a good way to reaffirm that but apparently that's "undemocratic"... presumably because there isn't a majority in favour of leaving any more, so the "powers that be"  (ie Leavers) don't want to risk it.

Looks like there may be an election coming: Boris Johnston, Jeremy Corbyn, or Jo Swinson; who shall we have as Prime Minister?

How can that even be a question worth asking?

Cheers,

W.

If you don’t understand the benefits of nationhood then I won’t be able to fix what ails you.

if you lot are so eager for a United States Of Europe then have the decency to put it to a vote.

each and every nation have a referendum and let us decide democratically.

you ballbags do believe in democracy don’t you? 

3 minutes ago, 12345 said:

Time for a ReVote! 

Being from an undemocratic shithole like Chicago I’d expected nothing less from you.

do you live in the 19th ward per chance?

19 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

Before being so condescending you might check poverty in the USA. what's the point of economic performance if a sizeable chunk of your fellow countrymen live in poverty? I am yet to see people feeding themselves with GDP spreadsheets.

The definition of Poverty in this country is effectively the bottom quintile.

Therefore "the poor will always be with us" is a truism. 

Those areas that are under the gentle hand of the liberals seem to have the highest income inequality no matter how hard they try to expunge the jobs that the poor might hold. 

Funny how that works. 

And regarding condescending, check it at the border, the French, as a nation are masters of it, while many of the individuals are able to break free on occasion and be regular people, but you do prove the generalization. 

11 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

If you don’t understand the benefits of nationhood then I won’t be able to fix what ails you.

if you lot are so eager for a United States Of Europe then have the decency to put it to a vote.

each and every nation have a referendum and let us decide democratically.

you ballbags do believe in democracy don’t you? 

When you say "nation", do you mean "Scotland"?

If not, why not?

Thanks,

W.

PS  For the record, I did not support Scottish Independence at the last Indyref; IMHO, Scotland, like the UK, is too small a nation for it to be wise to go it alone- better for us to be part of the UK and the EU.

23 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

The definition of Poverty in this country is effectively the bottom quintile.

Therefore "the poor will always be with us" is a truism. 

Those areas that are under the gentle hand of the liberals seem to have the highest income inequality no matter how hard they try to expunge the jobs that the poor might hold. 

Funny how that works. 

And regarding condescending, check it at the border, the French, as a nation are masters of it, while many of the individuals are able to break free on occasion and be regular people, but you do prove the generalization. 

Not my fault if you use this silly definition.

Pov_crossnatl.jpeg

All these arguments about how the UK should leave the European Single Market because the Germans/French/Italians/Poles etc are so inefficient and overpaid....just don't make sense to me.

It is like trying to tell me that BMW should not have entered the US car market because Americans have high incomes and make lousy cars. Huh?

What any business or economy wants is a prosperous market and weak competition. 

I'm not saying I agree with comments like "paltry economic performance" of the EU.....but I certainly dont see how that can be an argument for leaving the single market. If the UK is the economic dynamo that the Conservatives believe it is, ......why wouldn't they want to be chomping at the bit to have free access to a massive wealthy market with inefficient competition?    

Are we so lacking in confidence in our own success that we are scared the "backstop" might actually come into effect?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Erosion of freedoms? What freedoms do you think I have surrendered for the EU?

Like the freedom to live, work, trade and invest in 27 other countries?

Like the freedom of using my cell phone in 27 other countries without incurring ridiculous roaming charges?

Like the freedom to travel in the Schengen area without being subjected to border checks?

Just some of the examples off the top of my head where I have benefited directly from the European Union and its predecessors

Regarding the influx of immigrants as you describe them - I don't tend to think of fellow human beings in those terms, especially not those who have been fleeing wars that we the west have been eager to either outright start or at the very least encouraged.

• Like 2

From Late Night Live : Phillip Adams    ABC RN 

Is Boris Johnson copying 19th century PM Lord Palmerston?

In 1857 Lord Palmerston as British Prime Minister provoked a crisis with China, declared war on the Chinese and suspended Parliament and won a landslide election.

British historian Alan Lester thinks Johnson has depicted the EU as Britain's bogeyman just as effectively as Palmerston was able to generate Sinophobia'.

2 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

When you say "nation", do you mean "Scotland"?

If not, why not?

Thanks,

W.

PS  For the record, I did not support Scottish Independence at the last Indyref; IMHO, Scotland, like the UK, is too small a nation for it to be wise to go it alone- better for us to be part of the UK and the EU.

I mean any nation, be it England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales or wherever.

you say that Scotland is too small to go it alone, how very colonial of you.

of course, the U.K. used that fucked up argument with regards to Ireland for centuries and low and behold, what have we now?

https://www.quora.com/Is-Ireland-richer-than-the-UK

If you ball bags insist on emulating the federation known as the USof A  then I suggest you come live here for a little while. Be careful not to break a leg though or you might end up in bankruptcy court...

like I've said repeatedly, if you wanks give a toss about democracy then let’s put this shitshow aka the EU to a vote once and for all.

What could possibly go wrong?

10 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

I mean any nation, be it England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales or wherever.

you say that Scotland is too small to go it alone, how very colonial of you.

of course, the U.K. used that fucked up argument with regards to Ireland for centuries and low and behold, what have we now?

https://www.quora.com/Is-Ireland-richer-than-the-UK

Good example. Now, do you think it would be doing so well if it were outside the EU?  Negotiating its own trade deals without being linked to a 27 country bloc? Without EU infrastructure funding? With the red tape needed to trade within Europe? 

Sheesh!

Cheers,

W.

8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Add to that this from FT's Brussels scribe.

Seems like the size of Boris's brain has been oversold just like the numbers on his bus.

That’s a brutal appraisal, any pictures leaking soon? 

Where is Cummings?  Shouldn’t he beside the boss and writing speeches and managing this mess?  

Boris has got to be wondering where his backup PR team are? 

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The question is "when do the public lose confidence in him??"

At the moment that doesn't appear imminent and ignores these ongoing train smashes. 

In answer,

It’s beyond belief that it didn’t happen a decade or more ago, but the public are sucking it up it seems.......Or all the polls are wrong again??

It’s hard to figure out who to trust at the moment. 

5 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

You’ve watched far too many re-runs of Braveheart. :lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

Good example. Now, do you think it would be doing so well if it were outside the EU?  Negotiating its own trade deals without being linked to a 27 country bloc? Without EU infrastructure funding? With the red tape needed to trade within Europe? 

Sheesh!

Cheers,

W.

Ireland, thanks in large part to the assistance/insistence of the U.K. joined a thing called the EEC (fuck DeGaulle) 

This project was designed initially to integrate the economies of mainland Europe so much as to ensure that war making by any of those countries would be easily thwarted by the others control over some of the raw materials required for war making. 

Unfortunately, those that pull the strings just couldn’t leave well enough alone and began to dream of a United States Of Europe and devised a devious plan to achieve those goals through stealth means.

The British isles entering the EEC was a good thing for all four countries and for the rest of Europe and that’s where this experiment should have stopped.

Ireland, Scotland or any small country could thrive within a trading block such as the EEC 

ireland, Scotland or any small country will eventually suffocate in a United States Of Europe.

so, let’s get all Democratic and shit, let’s have a real vote on this oaf called the EU. 

10 minutes ago, mad said:

That’s a brutal appraisal, any pictures leaking soon? 

Where is Cummings?  Shouldn’t he beside the boss and writing speeches and managing this mess?  

Boris has got to be wondering where his backup PR team are? 

This is particularly brutal as Boris was the Brussels correspondent for 5 years.

This simply emphasis that he spend his time as a journalist making up stories rather than actually revealing any facts.

10 minutes ago, KC375 said:

This is particularly brutal as Boris was the Brussels correspondent for 5 years.

This simply emphasis that he spend his time as a journalist making up stories rather than actually revealing any facts.

I’m guessing he spent a lot of time at lunch and didn’t go back to the office too often as well, followed by a nap and then cocktails before dinner. 

News from EU parliament:

Will it still be possible to reach an agreement before the UK leaves the EU? MEPs discussed challenges and consequences in a debate on the Brexit talks.

The UK is currently set to leave the EU at the end of October 2019. Any extension would have to be requested by the UK government and agreed by the remaining 27 EU countries.

Negotiators agreed the text of a draft withdrawal agreement in November 2018, but it has not yet been ratified. It was rejected by the UK’s House of Commons on three occasions. In 2019 new Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced he would seek to renegotiate the agreement.

MEPs discussed the state of play on 18 September and also adopted a resolution reiterating their support for the EU's position and stating they would reject any withdrawal agreement without a backstop.

During the debate speakers stressed the risk of a no deal Brexit.

Jean-Claude Juncker, president of the European Commission, said: “The risk of a no-deal remains real and basically is going to come down to a decision by the UK government, but will never be the choice, the preferred option of the European Union. And that’s why I think it is better now to focus on what we can do in terms of concluding that deal, something which is desirable and still, in my view, possible.”

Manfred Weber (EPP, Germany): “At the moment, it’s not Britain that is leaving the EU, but jobs and businesses leaving the UK. A third of the British businesses are planning on or already leaving. Many here in the plenary regret the Brexit outcome, but I must tell you that during the election campaign, it was a powerful argument to tell the Europeans it’s stupid and it creates a lot of uncertainty...That’s why you helped us a lot.”

One of the most difficult issues in the Brexit talks is the backstop to prevent a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland. EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier insisted that the backstop is a pragmatic solution to concrete problems: “We don’t want to go back to a physical border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland; we want to protect the integrity of the single market and we want to preserve the whole island’s economy.”

S&D chief Iratxe García Pérez, from Spain, called on Boris Johnson to guarantee the acquired right of EU citizens living in the UK: “Ordinary citizens should never have to pay the price of the mistakes made by their political representatives,” she said. She also added that her group supports the British people if they want to change their decision on Brexit: “The S&D group has always viewed Brexit as a historical error and we are prepared to support the British people if they do decide to revisit that decision.”

Parliament’s Brexit coordinator Guy Verhofstadt (Belgium, Renew) said he thought a deal was still possible, but criticised the UK’s handling of citizens’ rights and called for the “automatic registration of all our EU citizens”. Turning to future trade relations, he said: “This Parliament will never accept an agreement where Britain has all the advantages of free trade, of zero tariffs and does not align with our ecological, our health, our social standards...” He added: “We will never accept a Singapore by the North Sea. That will never happen”

Philippe Lamberts (Greens/EFA, Belgium): “We did not choose Brexit but we respect the choice of the majority of voters in the UK. The best demonstration of that is that we are acting in good faith in negotiating the agreement, which will govern the separation that we regret.”

“The British government wants a deal, not any old deal, but one that is acceptable to the British parliament and the British people,” said Geoffrey Van Orden (ECR, UK), calling for goodwill and flexibility from both the EU and the UK. He questioned the motives of those proposing a further extension of UK membership in the EU. “What’s the point of further delay? Some of you may think that if we drag this out a bit more, then there will be a change of regime in Britain and maybe a change of heart. I believe this is a total delusion.”

Marco Zanni (ID, Italy) said that EU institutions shouldn´t give lectures on democracy to the British Parliament: “I am concerned about the fact that decisions freely taken by people, which don´t please the institutions of the EU can never be accepted.” According to Zanni, the EU is afraid of losing Britain because this would be a “demonstration of the errors of the past by the EU”.

Martin Schirdewan (GUE/NGL, Germany) said: “When I joined Parliament, I heard a Brexiteer saying that an empire had to be destroyed and he was referring to the European Union. The only thing Brexiteers have achieved is to push the UK into its greatest political crisis for decades. One in which workers and pensioners are going to have to pay the biggest price. This policy is neither in the interest of the people of Britain nor of Europe.”

8 hours ago, Mambo Kings said:

All these arguments about how the UK should leave the European Single Market because the Germans/French/Italians/Poles etc are so inefficient and overpaid....just don't make sense to me.

It is like trying to tell me that BMW should not have entered the US car market because Americans have high incomes and make lousy cars. Huh?

What any business or economy wants is a prosperous market and weak competition. 

I'm not saying I agree with comments like "paltry economic performance" of the EU.....but I certainly dont see how that can be an argument for leaving the single market. If the UK is the economic dynamo that the Conservatives believe it is, ......why wouldn't they want to be chomping at the bit to have free access to a massive wealthy market with inefficient competition?    

Are we so lacking in confidence in our own success that we are scared the "backstop" might actually come into effect?

Empire hangover.

Opposition to the backstop is the excuse, not the reason.

5 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

53 minutes ago, rgeek said:

Stand by for an equally vehement backing of the Union latter today.

So it takes that stupid women a week to own up to what the cat let out of the bag to the Times was right and her denial then was shit. Dead woman walking. 

Next DUP announcement will be a leadership contest.

7 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

so, let’s get all Democratic and shit, let’s have a real vote on this oaf called the EU. 

Unfortunately that prospect of a EU vote is blocked by a Government led by a gamballing baffoon who wants to "crash out" against the law and with Westminister not even being allowed to sit let alone vote.

Therefore chances of your wish coming true appears thin.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

are those the same cockgobbelers who predicted a landslide for remain a couple of years back?

You know the old saying

”fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice then I should quit gobbling cock”

you should heed it..

:-) 

No, they predicted 53-47 for remain. That is not a landslide imho.

http://www.natcen.ac.uk/news-media/press-releases/2016/june/natcen-eu-referendum-survey/

Remember Boris telling Angela Merkel he could solve the Irish border in 30 days?

“You have set a very blistering timetable of 30 days.... I am more than happy with that.”

Today is Day 30

XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXX   XX

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Ireland, thanks in large part to the assistance/insistence of the U.K. joined a thing called the EEC (fuck DeGaulle) 

This project was designed initially to integrate the economies of mainland Europe so much as to ensure that war making by any of those countries would be easily thwarted by the others control over some of the raw materials required for war making. 

Unfortunately, those that pull the strings just couldn’t leave well enough alone and began to dream of a United States Of Europe and devised a devious plan to achieve those goals through stealth means.

The British isles entering the EEC was a good thing for all four countries and for the rest of Europe and that’s where this experiment should have stopped.

Ireland, Scotland or any small country could thrive within a trading block such as the EEC 

ireland, Scotland or any small country will eventually suffocate in a United States Of Europe.

You are rewriting history.

From the beginning political integration was the aim : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuman_Declaration

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Remember Boris telling Angela Merkel he could solve the Irish border in 30 days?

“You have set a very blistering timetable of 30 days.... I am more than happy with that.”

Today is Day 30

XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXXX   XXXXXXX   XX

Boris Johnson has 12 days to set out his Brexit plans to the EU, according to Finland's prime minister.

Antti Rinne said he and French President Emmanuel Macron agreed the UK needed to produce the proposals in writing by the end of September, adding if not, "then it's over".

Finland currently holds the EU's rotating presidency.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49749465

2 hours ago, Panoramix said:

You are rewriting history.

From the beginning political integration was the aim : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuman_Declaration

Some French foreign minister proposed something over 70 years ago, hardly a fucking mandate now is it.

You people are a disgrace to all those who fought and died for your freedoms.

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

So it takes that stupid women a week to own up to what the cat let out of the bag to the Times was right and her denial then was shit. Dead woman walking. 

Next DUP announcement will be a leadership contest.

A ditch for two?
Or is she / the DUP indeed willing to fall on Boris sword?

41 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Some French foreign minister proposed something over 70 years ago, hardly a fucking mandate now is it.

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
This day shall gentle his condition;
And gentlemen in England now a-bed
Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Freedom?   Bugger that. Many of our greatest battles were about reuniting France and England. :)

Henry V understood the importance of the EU to England and he was fully supported by Parliament .  He didnt need a referendum.......or a negotiating team......just 8,000 good archers with longbows.  Now that was a leader!

1 hour ago, Sea warrior said:

Random, stop being such a drama queen

I just had another WTF moment when I thought the well was dry.

Stephen Barclay said the UK should be given another year to find a new policy for the Northern Ireland border.

Boris Johnson, 21 August, Berlin: “You have set a very blistering timetable of 30 days – if I understood you correctly, I am more than happy with that.”

Just now, jack_sparrow said:

How many years for murdering a nation???

Boris is probably hoping for a Knighthood

The Brexit clowns are hoping that the rejection of the backstop and threat of a no deal will force the EU into agreeing to a FTA from day one allowing the UK to freely trade with the EU. Then it will be business as usual in NI since Ireland and the UK are not in Schengen. 

Basically Boris is hoping for a divorce agreement that will allow him to shag around as much as he likes and  also allow him to visit his ex and get dinner and a blow job.

• Like 2

This is Michael Martin leader of the Republican opposition, Fianna Fail in Dublin with a new slant on the all UK Backstop, being not an invention of the DUP, but a Theresa May construct done in concert with UK industry and Whitehall.

True or another conspiracy theory to add to a long list?

Bullish about a deal being done on a Ireland only backstop basis.

Brexit Party MEPs have *abstained* on an EP resolution on Iran calling for release of imprisoned dual EU-Iranian nationals, including Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

Including 1representative from her London constituency.

Reason why ? Nobody knows.

16 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Brexit Party MEPs have *abstained *  on an EP resolution on Iran calling for release of imprisoned  dual EU-Iranian nationals, including Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

Including 1 representative from her London constituency.

My guess it is in the Brexit Parties DNA.

Note: Pic on the right is a 1941 German newsreel which shows the forced march of Bessarabian Jews in Romania.

5763dc8ec461887c7b8b45c0.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Being from an undemocratic shithole like Chicago I’d expected nothing less from you.

do you live in the 19th ward per chance?

What do you have against O'Shea? 

Anywho... The UK should not be ruled by a referendum that has been proven out to be based on lies and nationalism right? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Brexit Party MEPs have *abstained* on an EP resolution on Iran calling for release of imprisoned dual EU-Iranian nationals, including Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe.

Wow, they don't even want to acknowledge their perceived broken clock is correct twice a day. 

This QC has been providing good insight into Supreme Court proceedings. Now wrapped up with decision expected early next week.

Seems Boris's has murdered himself with some of his own words.

Pannick for claimants refered to what Boris said in a note disclosed to the Court about the September sitting just being a “rigmarole ... to show the public that MPs were earning their crust”.

Seems to have come down to an improper use of power by Boris to stop Parliament obstructing his policies.

This is a sample from Pannick

Whatever they come up will be a worthwhile precedent when a disputed prorogation comes up in other nations under the Crown. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spankoka said:

Whatever they come up will be a worthwhile precedent when a disputed prorogation comes up in other nations under the Crown. 

It will certainly be a precedent looked to by others in addressing disputed prorogation, therefore it may well be used.

Whether its use is useful depends on the quality of the ruling. (US examples Scott Dred vs Sanford or Citizens United vs FEC - used but not useful)

• Like 1

Cameron, by own admission; I did not understand difference between SM and CU in the EU.
May, by own admission; I did not understand difference between SM and CU in the EU.
BJ (confirmed multiple sources now ); I do not understand difference between SM and CU in the EU.

Damn, something is really wrong in the UK.
It is not that hard. Politicians should know this.
https://www.londonfirst.co.uk/news-publications/blog/the-customs-union-and-the-single-market-what-do-they-really-mean

Britain has the most inward looking, narrow minded and ill-informed political class of any member state. That is the true British political exceptionalism. No wonder they all agreed on a ref, and invoking art 50.

• Like 5

Advanced issues found

7 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

You want to talk about disgrace to those who fought in for our freedoms?

That generation created the NHS, the modern cradle to grave welfare state, and a decent home for all.

Which of those has since been betrayed and by whom?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LeoV said:

That’s fucking disgusting, and truly shows them in their true light.

They really deserve to rot in hellish, subterranean jail for that one. I would happily weld the fucking door closed on them as well. 

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Cameron, by own admission; I did not understand difference between SM and CU in the EU.
May, by own admission; I did not understand difference between SM and CU in the EU.
BJ (confirmed multiple sources now ); I do not understand difference between SM and CU in the EU.

Damn, something is really wrong in the UK.
It is not that hard. Politicians should know this.
https://www.londonfirst.co.uk/news-publications/blog/the-customs-union-and-the-single-market-what-do-they-really-mean

Britain has the most inward looking, narrow minded and ill-informed political class of any member state. That is the true British political exceptionalism. No wonder they all agreed on a ref, and invoking art 50.

There seems to be a relationship with Eton and the Bullingdon club and other similar places of education. Maybe they only teach Colonial history? 

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-07-23/boris-and-the-bullingdon-club-where-are-they-now/

CF76898F-5141-4977-A81F-EE0684230978.jpeg

Do not think Eton did see many education on the EU, or international business and ethics and philosophy.

One The Brexit party MEP calling fake news about the vote, but when asked how she did vote, no answer. It is really a disgusting strategy to be as difficult as possible in the EU.

9 hours ago, 12345 said:

What do you have against O'Shea? 

I’ve nothing against that whiskey faced puppet, and I’m sure he’d say the same about me.

of course he’d have to ask Ginger first...

5 hours ago, KC375 said:

This SNP young lass first elected in 2015 at the age of 20. Whilst I may not subscribe to her more socialist economic ideas she is a guiding light for the future of politics.

Her little finger knows more about the responsibilities attached to being a politician than many in Westminster decades her senior and the true definition of democracy as guided by the constitution, not the populist inventions of the Tory right and BP.

Maybe Scots are the only ones who can join the dots?

Hopefully the English Supreme Court will shortly educate those that can't, even if they can't draw.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mad said:

They really deserve to rot in hellish, subterranean jail for that one. I would happily weld the fucking door closed on them as well. 

Hopefully there is lots of room down there to also include Farage's fanboys...and they don't forget to take a couch.

Jacob Rees-Mogg praises Nigel Farage - the most important political figure outside Parliament in the past 30 years

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:39 PM, LionessRacing said:

If your ancestors , were from the highlands and Islands, they were NOT  Scots and they weren't fighting the English,

1, They could not fight the English, because the English were too far south ,

2 because the English were anglo saxons for most of that time and busy fighting amoungst themselves. The Anglo Saxons took over the East Coast as far as Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth. Not the West.

Your ancesters therefore were Gaels.. Irish invaders who took over the highlands and islands from the  Welsh related Picts, just before being taken over themselves by the Vikings. The Viking "Kingdom of the Isles" existed from the  9th century to the 13th Century Before being taken over by the Scots, who the Gaels were fighting..

You are definately short of British history.

11 hours ago, mad said:

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hopefully there is lots of room down there to also include Farage's fanboys...and they don't forget to take a couch.

Jacob Rees-Mogg praises Nigel Farage - the most important political figure outside Parliament in the past 30 years

It is pretty clear now racism runs through the DNA of many Tory members, not just Brexit fanboys.

Islamophobia: Conservative Party members suspended over posts

All these pricks would have ticked Boris's box in the PM ballot. Interesting bit would be the total number/proportion?

Maybe scarier than many think. 

The Invisible Hulks lie laid bare about Luxembourg presser should have been staged indoors.

140 press (which out numbered protestors up to 3:1) were expected to morph into midgets and hang from the ceiling.

This guy cracks me up

At least some in the mainstream press are now taking the piss out of the bias. On the hospital visit train smash where the father was attacked as a Labour activist and Boris gets away with saying "there is no press here" from the Independant.

"....his game of pretending he was angry because his child was ill and the hospital was falling to bits. He probably planned it all along, arranging for the baby to be born a week earlier, having moved to that area because it was the sort of place Boris Johnson was likely to visit, then fed the newborn baby unripe apples and cigarette butts to make it ill so he could pop down to the hospital, bump into the prime minister and make a cheap political point."....

...Holding the father up to scrutiny like this is much more important than asking how a prime minister can claim “there are no press here”, while stood amongst a squad of reporters and camera crew.

There’s probably more footage from later on, when he said “I’m not the prime minister, I’m one of the patients. I’ve just had my nose removed. I can play the xylophone with Twiglets. My father invented the ostrich.....

Boris Johnson has gone so barmy he doesn’t even know what a journalist looks like

56 minutes ago, The Q said:

If your ancestors , were from the highlands and Islands, they were NOT  Scots and they weren't fighting the English,

1, They could not fight the English, because the English were too far south ,

2 because the English were anglo saxons for most of that time and busy fighting amoungst themselves. The Anglo Saxons took over the East Coast as far as Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth. Not the West.

Your ancesters therefore were Gaels.. Irish invaders who took over the highlands and islands from the  Welsh related Picts, just before being taken over themselves by the Vikings. The Viking "Kingdom of the Isles" existed from the  9th century to the 13th Century Before being taken over by the Scots, who the Gaels were fighting..

You are definately short of British history.

Ssssshhhhhhhh, he’s still re-running his Braveheart moments. :P

14 minutes ago, mad said:

Ssssshhhhhhhh, he’s still re-running his Braveheart moments. :P

Oh NO that American / Australian, playing a Welshman pretending to be a Scotsman, in bed in Scotland with a French Princess who hadn't left France and was only a child at the time..

• Like 1

According to the TV the morning.. Junker has said.. The latest papers from Boris are the possible  basis for a deal.. 

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

It is pretty clear now racism runs through the DNA of many Tory members, not just Brexit fanboys.

Islamophobia: Conservative Party members suspended over posts

All these pricks would have ticked Boris's box in the PM ballot. Interesting bit would be the total number/proportion?

Maybe scarier than many think. 

Rise in rightwing extremists held under anti-terror laws in UK

Fastest-growing UK terror threat 'from far-right'