Meat Wad

Brexit, WTF

1 minute ago, Terrorvision said:

Because it's a state in the USA.

I know, I'm a dick, but the country is Colombia.

Thanks, just another reminder that smart phones aren’t always smart and shouldn’t be trusted. 

12 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Thanks, just another reminder that smart phones aren’t always smart and shouldn’t be trusted. 

That's OK, I'll stop Medellin in your posts now.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mambo Kings said:

I have no idea how the British electorate allows this complete fabrication to be said and transmitted....

....Sorry to lose it like that, but it really annoyed me that someone can stand on a podium and spout such misleading drivel.

Mambo so true but maybe my reply here to Mad gives some insight on the problems media outlets have trying to avoid perceptions of bias but the remedy is they need to get off their arse.

13 hours ago, mad said:

Try watching it the last 3 years and yelling at the news as no journalist ever seems to ask any meaningful questions. 

Pretty much all the major news channels are guilty of this, and very slow or no investigation of any funding, or election irregularities etc. 

The ability to sell bullshit and the public appetite to eat it should never be underestimated. 

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mad their hands are often tied trying to avoid the perception of bias when interviewing idiots. However it looks as though the gloves are coming off with Farage at least and they are shirt fronting him in the street to good effect.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/nigel-farage-owned-by-reporter-in-excruciating-interview-231954

Mambo firstly that Brexit Party vid I extracted that sent you into a spin was from a local Brexit Party MEP Twitter feed. I have not seen it widely distributed in the UK by the party. The reason is simple is that Billy Graham like evangelical nonsense where facts are buried is simply directed at a local audience. If it gets wider airplay just as you have done you bury it with real life facts and then @LeoV did with his quick detailed factual follow to your post about phama reality.

The Brexit Party business plan is to propagate electorate by electorate locally a feeding frenzy of OnLine activity. The reason why they do that is answered here in my post just above. No local mainstream alternative MEP has a hope in hell of combating that business plan. The polls already indicate that for many they are already Dead Men Walking after Thursday.

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

But interestingly I spotted this article that the Brexit Party are artificially increasing its Online interaction activity via Twitter by using bots and other inauthentic users.  Buzz Feed News 18 May 2019. This technique is nothing new and is against Twitter policy but it seems there can be quite a delay before Twitter takes this stuff down.  engadget 24 April 2019

Forget Farage's persona, those running behind the scenes (and looking for a financial payback down the line) in the Brexit Party are not fools. They are hardened by their very successful approach as the unofficial Leave voice in 2016 breaking every rule in the book with money to burn. The tabloid press in the UK also gave them every leg up based upon non existent immigration concerns.

DHIOTPOXoAAnpLX.thumb.jpg.07141f2c753e0ebd4047d9d1c971c719.jpg

That Farage immigration bridge has now been shown up for what it was a hoax and has been burned as their front line initiative. So Farage chooses another bridge being now "Change Politics For Good." What does it mean and good for who?

168094477_images-2019-05-20T190740_717.jpeg.bbf5be45aaa7c337ff8db87d277cbdd1.jpeg

So another Farage bridge to not 'unite the UK" but divide it further along socio/economic lines. Another bridge with no policy to actually describe what needs to be done. So yet again another "populist meaningless slogan" to con the masses who have no idea about where they are being led.

The big difference now however is even the tabloids can't generate a front page screamer as they did in 2016. How do you construct a four word headline saying the Westminster system and the UK civil service all need to be blown up plus have an emotive picture?

That then leads to Farage refusing to entertain any form of debate with anyone of an apposing view, even in an MEP election campaign.That is unheard of. When confronted by the media he then claims media bias. Farage Claims of BBC Bias.

However the media climate is changing and there are now media outlets willing to "shirt front" Farage. This is the most effective way, if only way the media has to avoid being controlled and reveal a political parties true sense outside their propaganda.

For instance the Channel 4 Nigel Farage's Funding Secrets Revealed

That program aired only days ago has now resulted in Farage and the Brexit Party being the subject of both pending EU Parliamentary and UK Electoral Commission enquiries. Albeit those enquiries if they go anywhere are too late to have any real impact on the EU election results this Thursday. Later on maybe.

Billy Graham was selling God, Farage is actually selling what??? One day we might find out.

1403235854_images-2019-05-20T190453_707.jpeg.1d085a1abb6e4d2c9b494d9f1d84ebf8.jpeg

images - 2019-05-20T200943.662.jpeg

Just now, Terrorvision said:

That's OK, I'll stop Medellin in your posts now.

:lol:

Medellin were good cooks. Mexican cartels however excelled at making borders become frictionless using high tech transport and logistics. Maybe they should be consulted for making the NI border issue just disappear?

Backstop, Irish Border the core issue behind Brexit being stalled. Everyone on the big island forgets about those who actually live there, a place that is also a Brexit Party Free Zone.

Here are NI MEP candidates all around the same table. Unionists the ones like Arlene who voted against the GFA and minority Leave voters in the Referendum..you have to feel sorry for them pushing it uphill. Good on them for having a go.

This local BBC guy is an excellent inquisitor. Need more like him.

20 hours ago, mad said:

I had day release from the coal mine and had to sweep chimneys on a Saturday. 

Uphill.

In the snow.

33 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That looks like a security guy getting getting a dressing down.

IMG_20190521_014306.jpg

Could be Al Murray the Pub Landlord

42 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Only a body wound, not a head shot.

That looks like a security guy getting getting a dressing down.

IMG_20190521_014306.jpg

You can hear it in the clip. He might need to up his security detail even more when his followers figure out they’ve been lied to. 

20 minutes ago, mad said:

He might need to up his security detail even more when his followers figure out they’ve been lied to. 

So are you saying that every politician presently sitting in the UK Parliament must be liars then or are you just pissed off because he's whopping all the elites arses and is going to do really really really well in the EU elections ?

7 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

He must have a new version of "losers consent"

"Nigel Farage says he would fight for a second referendum if the result was 48/52."

Date 16 May 2016.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-farage-wants-second-referendum-7985017

Be interesting to see a journalist put that quote to him for a response, I doubt one will and I doubt there’d be much of a direct answer either. 

25 minutes ago, mad said:

Be interesting to see a journalist put that quote to him for a response, I doubt one will and I doubt there’d be much of a direct answer either. 

Mad maybe it is a case of you English are just too polite?

Other places where potential Electoral fraud is involved it starts with a police raid. Seems the UK Electoral Commission set up an appointment first.

I don't think they will find Posh George hiding behind the photocopier.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/farage-aide-jailed-dark-web-16170857

There are parallels between Nigel Farage mania and John Law mania in France in 1720. Stirring the cauldron, creating a feeding frenzy to create the Mississippi Bubble.

I just need to find someone to take the role of the elderly "hunch-backed man" who made substantial sums by lending his hump as a writing-desk to speculators lining up to see Law.

https://www.winton.com/longer-view/the-mississippi-bubble

IMG_20190521_034945.jpg

30 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mad maybe it is a case of you English are just too polite?

Other places where potential Electoral fraud is involved it starts with a police raid. Seems the UK Electoral Commission set up an appointment first.

I don't think they will find Posh George hiding behind the photocopier.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/farage-aide-jailed-dark-web-16170857

The lethargy shown in investigating Aaron Bank, leave EU, Farage etc is disconcerting to say the least.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mad said:

The lethargy shown in investigating Aaron Bank, leave EU, Farage etc is disconcerting to say the least.  

Glacial pace.

Vote Leave fined July last year, then appealed.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/17/vote-leave-fined-and-reported-to-police-by-electoral-commission-brexit

Dropped its appeal in March and paid up.

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-media-centre/referendums-to-keep/media-statement-vote-leave

The Commision only got to fining Momentum in March for their 2017 reporting breach. 

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-media-centre/party-and-election-finance-to-keep/momentum-fined-by-electoral-commission-for-multiple-breaches-of-electoral-law

Even the crowd funded private case brought against BoJo's Bus has taken years. It's public hearing is set down for this Thursday.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-boris-johnson-court-prosecution-vote-leave-bus-westminster-magistrates-a8904286.html

8 hours ago, Terrorvision said:

Because it's a state in the USA.

I know, I'm a dick, but the country is Colombia.

Just because I am also a dick, I'll point out that the District of Columbia is technically not a state.  It is a federal district with no voting representatives in Congress.

There is also British Columbia, which is a Canadian province.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mad said:

You can hear it in the clip. He might need to up his security detail even more when his followers figure out they’ve been lied to. 

Isn't the esteem and respect a bodyguard has for their client measured by whether they will take a bullet for them? 

If this guy isn't even willing to take a milkshake for him, he must think Farage is shit.

SimplisticFakeGelada-size_restricted.gif

11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Isn't the esteem and respect a bodyguard has for their client measured by whether they will take a bullet for them? 

If this guy isn't even willing to take a milkshake for him, he must think Farage is shit.

SimplisticFakeGelada-size_restricted.gif

It happens to the best of them. 

cjones04242018.jpg.98c76c93e04fe9cb0d8eb6380aa01524.jpg

This answers some interesting questions about Farage's appeal. He is no dummy.

13.20....Why Farage stays away from the detail...people aren't interested in it.

16.00 ...No Deal Brexit..nothing bad will happen and he is believed and if it does, don't care.

20.40...Use media exposure good or bad (like BBC) to drive positive online traffic.

"Party leader grilled on YouTube".

WTF,  Grilled, Really ?

Pure organized party propaganda that is !

Well he is a weekly LBC host presenter afterall....so yes the title "grilling" is a laugh.

Very gunshy about "grilling." When you say you are not talking about/releasing policies until after the election, but then go purple in the face when the only questions can be about what you have said to date is a laugh. My guess is he showed up to engineer that on-air fight for public consumption.

Bit of irony with his complaint there about the BBC ignoring him, then few days later they put this to air Nigel Farage's Funding Secret Revealed  which has led to him now under EU Parliamentary and UK Electoral Commission investigation.

But then again he is a "Man of the People".

D6W_6cxWsAEHJMx.jpeg

This crash in 1976 just after UK's 1975 join EU Referendum. The Austrian came back in the same year, then in 1977 winning world championship was a quite remarkable effort. Englishman James Hunt was #1 in 76 and #5 in 77.

Podcast here about the Brexit Party appeal incl interesting thoughts on their political influence after Thursday if they do romp it in as the polls suggest? Lot less than many might think.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2019/may/21/how-nigel-farages-brexit-party-is-shaking-up-british-politics-podcast

Remember how May ignored advice to give Huawei's commercial arm a leg in the door on UK's 5G rollout which led to Williamson the Defence Minister's sacking for leaking her role.

From 22.00 mark info on today's announcement that Google on account of China/US Trade War have been forced to restrict Huawei's retail arm use of Google's Android OS going forward. NB. If you have an existing Huawei device you won't be effected.

Little wonder the public are confused and frustrated.

From Steve Baker MP (Ex Ministerial Sec Dept for Exiting the EU, quit 2018) and ERG Member (ex Chair)

Bakers response to May's 12 Point Brexit Plan.

"The country should now unite behind Theresa May’s clear and positive vision of post-Brexit Britain" January 2017.

https://brexitcentral.com/country-now-unite-behind-theresa-mays-clear-positive-vision-post-brexit-britain

Now today.

What people like Baker, Rees Mogg, Johnston and Farage etc refuse to publically admit is the only real difference between then and now is they have little regard for solving the Irish Border issue and simply ignore or lie about the complexities that involves.

Ford in Britain employs in total around 13K operating 3 manufacturing sites at Bridgend (petrol engine production), Dagenham (diesel engine production) and Halewood (transmissions). It also operates a large research and development facility in Dunton, Essex, which employs over 3,000 engineers.

I wonder how the influence of Brexit (if any) will play in Ford UK's ultimate allocation for how many jobs are in for the chop?

https://www.axios.com/ford-eliminate-jobs-5fed6bdc-01e1-407f-9dd0-8c2bd28fcf2b.html

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

This crash in 1976 just after UK's 1975 join EU Referendum. The Austrian came back in the same year, then in 1977 winning world championship was a quite remarkable effort. Englishman James Hunt was #1 in 76 and #5 in 77.

Break, break (yes I know, there is a lot going on in Europe), but that Niki Lauda world championship could perhaps be regarded as the greatest comeback in sport ever.

With all due respect of his passing, there was another crash in the Austrian governing coalition, where the far right/neo-nazi part leader was caught red handed in a very well executed sting, love it:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/may/20/austria-ibiza-scandal-sting-operation-what-happened-why-does-it-matter

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:

..was caught red handed in a very well executed sting, love it:

Too much drink and the power of the pussy has killed many a politicians career, except in right wing Bunga Bunga Party Italy. So I'm waiting in anticipation for the "Farage/Rees Mogg's Sister Sex Tape" (involving lots of icecream/milkshakes) to go viral and bump the Brexit Party's vote even more. :-)      Strange times.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:28 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Australia has just had a General Election where the Pollsters got it completely wrong. This is similiar to what occured in the Trump Presidential, UK Referendum and lesser extent the UK 2017 General Election ballots. It seems this is because old polling techniques using the telephone for probability sampling (where a random sample of telephone numbers are called across the country) isn't cutting the mustard anymore.

Many people don't have a landline with a reliable address/location. For cost saving Pollsters have also switched from an operator asking questions to randomly calling mobile numbers and using robo calling. So a drop off in response rates, location accuracy and therefore consequential drop off in the quality of the data.

However it appears data mining of social media interaction of party and individual candidate Online material is now starting to be used. This is to gauge voter sentiment both on a larger scale and for greater accuracy for electorate by electorate trends. For instance comparing say UTube views between parties etc. Also people simply blogging, tweeting or updating social media with their thoughts and feeling about an election race.

I have no idea how the Polls for the EU are being constructed and how much they rely on this new Online sampling approach as a baseline or for fine-tuning.

But interestingly I spotted this article that the Brexit Party are artificially increasing its Online interaction activity via Twitter by using bots and other inauthentic users.  Buzz Feed News 18 May 2019. This technique is nothing new and is against Twitter policy but it seems there can be quite a delay before Twitter takes this stuff down.  engadget 24 April 2019

So Brexit Party actual vote on Thursday compared to Polling might be interesting to watch.

dims.jpeg

The experts have been on top of Polls getting it wrong for a while now.

Like this concept I have never heard of called “herding”, where poll results that seemed to far from the norm were "shepherded" towards a "groupthink". I wonder which EU party is all over that using social media over traditional forms?

You are on the money if you guessed a party so disciplined in simple word delivery where only the phrases "the people" and "return democracy" cross their lips and even match up party colours to icecream crossing their lips. No wonder that guy threw a caramel milkshake.

https://theconversation.com/heres-how-to-make-opinion-polls-more-representative-and-honest-117405

IMG_20190521_233929.jpg

Polls are polls and carry inherent bias that are often outside of the margin of error. Deriving from one poll and one paper is basically a mugs game. 

This is a U.S site (that many of you may be familiar with) that gives good poll. Depending on what's going on they'll have a cross-section of 5-10 diff polls on a given topic(especially when an election ramps up). A quick glance of the cross-section during the last U.S election would've revealed that only certain polls got it wrong. If you averaged out say the top 5-8 polls, Trump winning was well within the margin of error. 

Click on polls and page by page. Mainly U.S content but maybe there are European/pan Asian counterparts.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com

34 minutes ago, fufkin said:

Click on polls and page by page. Mainly U.S content but maybe there are European/pan Asian counterparts.

Fufkin the large Pollsters are actually multi national entities. Their inability to get results right using old school land line techniques etc and not just geo fenced is fact.

Expect to see a quick change now on their polling methodology and pounds to peanuts that is data mining social media..if not already doing it now in Europe and the UK. They then have through bot, unauthorised accounts etc manipulation a hurdle to get over.

Polling inaccuracy is now a fact of life. UK Council elections were the canary in the mine. My guess is Thursday's EU MEP results will reinforce that. 

I'll leave this here.  This time no world economics, environmental or other excuses.  In the press their imminent demise squarely blamed on Brexit.

British Steel's troubles have been linked to a slump in orders from European customers ‎due to uncertainty over the Brexit process.

The UK's second-biggest steel maker had been trying to secure £75m in financial support to help it to address "Brexit-related issues".

If the firm does not get the cash it would put 5,000 jobs at risk and endanger 20,000 in the supply chain.

However, unless a deal is reached by Tuesday afternoon, the firm could go into administration within 48 hours

https://www.ft.com/content/e11c8bee-7b94-11e9-81d2-f785092ab560

Where is that twitter quote that British Business will thrive ..... in the mean time this one will do.

Boris-Johnson-Twitter-1203041.jpg

41 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

The UK's second-biggest steel maker had been trying to secure £75m in financial support to help it to address "Brexit-related issues".

Laser that FT linky is pay walled. Have no idea if it mentioned UK Govt has already paid BS's April £100 million EU Emissions Trading Scheme (ETS) account for 2019 on account UK businesses were suspended from participating in EU ETS pending the UK's Brexit position being resolved and can't use carbon credits.

The extra £75 million to BS is a loan just to stay alive for a few months pending Brexit getting sorted. For 5,000 jobs at BS disregarding the 20,000 supply chain the UK taxpayer has already paid a Brexit price of £175 million or £35,000 per BS worker for nothing that they don't see, just to keep them employed until October pending a Brexit resolution

After that they are on their own. That will never appear in a Brexiteer version of national financial accounts.

I'm sure God forbid the Rees Mogg and Farage families are not involved in grubby shit like making steel.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/21/eu-investigate-nigel-farage-failure-declare-expenses-arron-banks?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

The European parliament is to investigate Nigel Farage for failing to declare lavish expenses funded by Arron Banks.

The European parliament president, Antonio Tajani, “today refers the Farage issue to an advisory committee”, a source told the Guardian.

Mad the temerity of anyone investigating Farage's finances.  That is an appalling and blatant attack on democracy.

Clearly a politically motivated assault and vindictive campaign by authorities targeting Eurosceptics in the UK who upgraded their kitchens courtesy of the 2016 Referendum result from this to this as pioneers leading the way.

This news plus finding out the Been Bag has been invented will put them in a spin.

images - 2019-05-22T015133.153.jpeg

images - 2019-05-22T015152.800.jpeg

A look into Brexit Party MEP candidates;
a bit off in the; 'they are friends of' department but if you focus on the main stuff not bad.
https://medium.com/@SJHolloway/this-is-everything-i-discovered-about-all-of-the-brexit-party-mep-candidates-2a59f8f850c5

---------------------------------
From an EU parliament position it is hard to think were they will fit in in the EU parliament. They are not much different then the old Tories/UKIP bunch.
Interesting is that to form a group it needs 25 MEPs from seven different countries. Once recognised, groups receive financial subsidies from the parliament and guaranteed seats on committees, a big plus on cost savings.

Expectation is that TBP with 5 Star keep working together in a new group, with a Polish and a Croatian MEP's confirmed.
So they need 3 more countries, not that hard you would think, but not many groups in the EU for Exit strategies at the moment.

May's New Deal (the name alone will raise your eyebrow) is nothing bold and new, and promises things like temporary Customs Union and vote on a possible 2d ref which the next PM can cut short. And would have been introduced by amendments anyway.

It is going badly down with ERG and the like in the Tory party, and nothing to entice lots of Labour MP's.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/may/21/brexit-latest-news-developments-cabinet-to-discuss-latest-brexit-offer-to-mps-as-ministers-feud-in-public-over-no-deal-live-news?page=with:block-5ce41c078f08ad67f1a7e666#block-5ce41c078f08ad67f1a7e666

And it is a kind of blackmail with the 2d ref, which can be blocked even if the vote WA Bill through;
"To those MPs who want a second referendum to confirm the deal - you need a deal and therefore a Withdrawal Agreement Bill to make it happen."

Leo on current polling (which is not reliable as posted upthread) for the UK EU Elections, Remainers in total are ahead of Leavers winning MEP seats. The Brexit Party while dominating as a single party their actual political influence will ultimately lead to not much, in or outside the EU, contrary to Farage's chest thumping.

What a train smash.  A second referendum offer and a temporary customs union (which is already the Backstop now disguised) to get a Brexit deal through. The woman is determined but off her fucking rocker. She was in a better position with M3 when hardline ERG leaders, BoJo etc voted for it. Simply swapping some Labour votes for Tory now so no change. Deck chairs on the Titanic.

Coalitions are the EU parliament game, and cooperation. TBP could be influential if it hitches onto the possible third largest EU party of Eurosceptic parties.
But cooperation does not seems to be Farage's strong point. So the influence of TBP in the EU parliament is probably to be  tiny, but it is politics... you never know.

More interesting;

Lab stops talking before EU election, could be they thought it was the best timing.
But May does it to, so she must have thought this helps too.
Will scare even more Tory voters with adverse to 2d ref to TBP ?
Is she doing her best to scare of any Hard Brexiteers voters away from the Tory party for years to make it impossible to become a hard Brexit party under BoJo ?

4 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Lab stops talking before EU election, could be they thought it was the best timing.
But May does it to, so she must have thought this helps too.

Farage made EU Elections his own Brexit referendum so Tory's and Labour just opted out as they had no chance, just as polls show.

No 10 will downplay that May does not want a 2d ref but all people heard and read and will remember is;
Blah blah blah blah blah Customs union! Second referendum!

Leo some 40 or 50 pages back we had a quick discussion along the lines whether she is either "dumb as batshit" OR "crafty as a fox", where the UK would still be in the EU a decade or so out. I think we left it with "no idea?"

Don't know about you but I still have "no bloody idea"

20 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The woman is determined but off her fucking rocker.

Or smart, first the Eu elections, then she withdraws the vote on the WA Bill. Time won.
Then it is up to get her out of her job to the 1922, as she only said she would leave with a vote passed.
The infighting for a new PM could lead to general elections, time gained.

All points that her plan is to gain time. But for what ???

Leo I'm going smart..she has been clearly prosecuting a plan since the ERG and Co failed attempt to roll her in December. Every crash she mysteriously is left standing as a few more drop off. For instance the DUP has been left lying in the gutter. In fact the greater the opposition grows she appears to be one step ahead. It is really weird.

The number of people party to her plan cannot be very large otherwise someone would have spilled the beans by now and the jig would be up.

My guess is she has a bunch of very smart dyed in wool Bee Gees fans working away there at #10.

She mentioned she loves this job. That is funny.

her plan in short;

One - the government will seek to conclude alternative arrangements to replace the backstop by December 2020, so that it never needs to be used.

Two - a commitment that, should the backstop come into force, the government will ensure that Great Britain will stay aligned with Northern Ireland.

Three - the negotiating objectives and final treaties for our future relationship with the EU will have to be approved by MPs.

Four - a new workers’ rights bill that guarantees workers’ rights will be no less favourable than in the EU.

Five - there will be no change in the level of environmental protection when we leave the EU.

Six - the UK will seek as close to frictionless trade in goods with the EU as possible while outside the single market and ending free movement.

Seven - we will keep up to date with EU rules for goods and agri-food products that are relevant to checks at border protecting the thousands of jobs that depend on just-in-time supply chains.

Eight - the government will bring forward a customs compromise for MPs to decide on to break the deadlock.

Nine - there will be a vote for MPs on whether the deal should be subject to a referendum.

And ten – there will be a legal duty to secure changes to the political declaration to reflect this new deal.

All of these commitments will be guaranteed in law – so they will endure at least for this parliament.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, LeoV said:

She mentioned she loves this job. That is funny.

her plan in short;

One - the government will seek to conclude alternative arrangements to replace the backstop by December 2020, so that it never needs to be used.

Two - a commitment that, should the backstop come into force, the government will ensure that Great Britain will stay aligned with Northern Ireland.

Three - the negotiating objectives and final treaties for our future relationship with the EU will have to be approved by MPs.

Four - a new workers’ rights bill that guarantees workers’ rights will be no less favourable than in the EU.

Five - there will be no change in the level of environmental protection when we leave the EU.

Six - the UK will seek as close to frictionless trade in goods with the EU as possible while outside the single market and ending free movement.

Seven - we will keep up to date with EU rules for goods and agri-food products that are relevant to checks at border protecting the thousands of jobs that depend on just-in-time supply chains.

Eight - the government will bring forward a customs compromise for MPs to decide on to break the deadlock.

Nine - there will be a vote for MPs on whether the deal should be subject to a referendum.

And ten – there will be a legal duty to secure changes to the political declaration to reflect this new deal.

All of these commitments will be guaranteed in law – so they will endure at least for this parliament.

Leo even funnier unpick that "May's May 2019 10 Point Plan" which it appears a majority of her own party won't support and compare to "May's Jan 2017 12 Point Plan" of 2 years ago that to a man they all supported.

https://www.businessinsider.com/theresa-may-12-point-brexit-plan-explained-2017-1

After doing that what really is the difference 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch?

The current state of play caused solely by Rees Mogg, BoJo and Co is not funny, it is tragic. They are taking the entire country for a ride for self serving reasons. Farage understands that and is taking advantage of that for his own self serving reasons appealing to Brexiteers who are pissed off. The other half of the country are sort of just ignored as a fly in the ointment and belted down on the basis of a 1.3m vote majority representative of democracy and a mandate.

What wonderful mix where everyday these pricks awake the taxpayer is paying for their breakfast and beyond in the belief they are working towards their best interests.

In history Brexit will be marked down as simply "The Joke".

The Electoral Commision are full of Remainers and are engaged in political interference. Is the Queen next on his shit list?

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

The Electoral Commision are full of Remainers and are engaged in political interference. Is the Queen next on his shit list?

Well he’ll like the eu investigation even less. 

You can see in this post milkshake Tweet Farage's use of the term "losers consent". 

In this vid at 0.40 Farage uses the term "Losers Consent" again and describing it as a breakdown in democracy because "declared losers refuse to concede defeat". In other words Remainers should just shutup and accept Brexit.

Not suprisingly he has actually got this term back the front. It is where "losers are given some say or acknowledgement" and therefore it helps losers contribute towards a positive outcome. 

Rees Mogg who follows him takes exactly the same line of marginalising Remainers.

This January Twitter feed is from Richard Wyn Jones, a professor of Welsh politics where his Wales 1997 reference is about Welsh devolution being successful because, after a very narrow vote in 1997, Labour made an effort to obtain "losers’ consent" to ensure wide support for the assembly. His posts indicate that the May government just like Farage and Rees Mogg have failed to make an effort to accommodate the concerns of Remainers. It could be argued May now finally accepts this fundamental application of "losers consent" with the possible introduction of a confirming referendum who knows?

Farage however has now gone one step further towards further marginalising Remainers by indicating his milkshake incident is proof that Remainers are becoming "radicalised".

That is a move into very dangerous territory and proof his idea of democracy is not what he is spruiking. A party that doesn't have "members" but "non-voting supporters" is further proof in his democracy pudding.

Have you considered whether the hundreds (thousands?) of posts you have made on the subject (did you even qualify to vote?) makes you a radical?

Good cartoon about Aust General Election on Saturday where Pollsters predicting a Labour lineout win got it terribly wrong with the Tory's getting the ball.

@mad maybe a omen for Wales being knocked out by France or Italy in the Rugby World Cup?

IMG_20190522_173616.jpg

2 hours ago, mad said:

Well he’ll like the eu investigation even less. 

It is a path he has already trodden down before early last year when he claimed in defence he was "skint."

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jan/12/nigel-farage-eu-salary-docked-claim-misspent-public-funds

After last week's revelations on Channel 4 (which he has now banned from his campaign) we now know not exactly skint and he wasn't paying rent on that Chelsea Town House for starters and which came with a young nanny.

it starts to look like a youtube channel more then a discussion here, to much for me personally Jacko to keep this topic interesting.
Maybe for giggles you could start a topic in GA about Farage videos.

Tomorrow the EU elections start and Sunday we will know the outcome of the EU election.

If Con really dips below 10%  it will be hard for May to keep her job. Conventional wisdom and standard Con practices should already have her seen quit the job she likes in the greatest time ever. She just send a letter to Corbyn asking him what he wants as compromise, did they not talk for 6 weeks already...
In her latest Cabinet meeting Leadsom changed the customs union text. And the Whip was never asked if this deal could win in the HOC.
It all seems so weird out of touch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LeoV said:

it starts to look like a youtube channel more then a discussion here, to much for me personally Jacko to keep this topic interesting. Maybe for giggles you could start a topic in GA about Farage videos.

Tomorrow the EU elections start and Sunday we will know the outcome of the EU election. 

If Con really dips below 10%  it will be hard for May to keep her job...

Leo unfortunately face to face interviews/UTube with Farage are the only source for any insight into what the Brexit Party are on about having Farage's deliberate decision to postpone policy announcements until after the election. The mainstream media are largely just reproducing his sanitised press releases that largely go unchallenged because that is how he likes it. The Brexit Party's effective use of OnLine social media is second to none.

This after all is a party which if the Polls are right (a subject in itself) are going to blitz the UK EU Elections and get the headlines and justifiably so. To not interogate the reasons why, even if only left with interviews/UTube to do so, seems a bit disengenous. I'm sorry that offends Leo your bent towards "process", but I don't have much to go on.... except maybe this "process"....

Probably more important and given little airplay is that when you box all the Pro and Anti Brexit Parties together and carve out Labour (who have now put new meaning to the words "fence sitting") and the Torys (involved in internal arm to arm combat where they cut off their own arms and legs to keep fighting like the Monty Python Black Knight), a very interesting picture unfolds.

The UK EU Elections is a defacto Brexit poll like it or leave it, Farage started that and the major parties have not shown up to fight for obvious reasons. They can't win.Therefore the leakage from the major parties will determine that Remain/Leave score and it really hasn't anything to do with May and Corbyn and their respective Westminister political positions. In Brussels they will be actually praying for that leakage from the two major parties for obvious reasons looking forward.

Current ECFR/YouGov Polling indicates the Remainers collectively are in front of Leavers by a cats whisker of 37% v 36% (see graphic below). That is the "real final score" people should be focused on from tomorrows ballot box. A result Farage won't acknowledge in a million years.

PS. The above is the "macro process".."micro process" watching is the result from Nth Ireland as that will be effectively a NI Border/ Good Friday Agreement affirmation or not ballot box vote and one that can't be ignored by Westminister, albeit just a handful of MEP seats.    

ECFR.YouGov UK EU Elections May 2019 Poll.jpg

Leo leapfrog this.

This guy simply has no shame...Remainers are now using violence to halt "free speech" and threaten his version of Democracy in the UK being heard which he refuses to talk about.

36 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The UK EU Elections is a defacto Brexit poll like it or leave it,

Yes and no, to many options to make it clear. But you can take the result seriously, but not binding (again)

And nothing to leapfrog, you are in love with Farage, just admit it.

This is much better; watch her last words, no more referendums vote Con, so no indy ref in Scotland for her.

9 minutes ago, LeoV said:

And nothing to leapfrog, you are in love with Farage, just admit it.

Yes caught out . I have a photo of Farage on the ceiling above my bed.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LeoV said:

This is much better; watch her last words, no more referendums vote Con, so no indy ref in Scotland for her.

First time she has lost her cool in HOC??

She is now back on her mantra; vote for my deal and all will be good.
But it really looked a moment she lost it, no ref under conservatives, means her promise in her new deal is empty too.

39 minutes ago, LeoV said:

But it really looked a moment she lost it, no ref under conservatives, means her promise in her new deal is empty too.

Yes I think that is called a "Brexit Referendum#2 Freudian Banana Slip".

images - 2019-05-22T220349.141.jpeg

Joanna Cherry, the SNP MP, says, now May’s days of “sneering” at the elected representatives of Scotland are almost at an end, will she accept her successor needs a different approach.

Just as Theresa May finished answering Mark Francois on the Chelsea Pensioner / Northern Ireland, Francois said quite loudly: “You don’t know what you’re talking about.”

Labour’s Mike Amesbury says, now May is about to move house, will she address the leasehold scandal soon.

Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Tory Brexiter, asks if May is going through this “folderol” because she really believes in it, or just for show.

May says she would be not putting up with all this hostility if she did not believe in it.

John Bercow, the Speaker, says Rees-Mogg has used a word probably never used before in this parliament.

Someone (Ed Davey?) says that is because Rees-Mogg is now represented by a Lib Dem council.

------------------

ROTFLOL

Gossip; May will be asked to leave PM post tonight. By backbenchers, frontbenchers and all other possible benchers.
Tough talk or real action ???
All cabinet members left the HOC while May is still speaking... weird, a sea of green behind her.

Her current plan carefully addresses each of the concerns raised against her previous efforts.

It rather casts those against it as hypocrites.

Whether she will leave with some sort of intellectual satisfaction from that who knows.

Her plan was almost the same as the conclusions of the amendments of the MV3, except to loose on CU for Lab. But who knows what is in the WAB exactly...
Not a bad plan, it only took to long. That angered voters and in that vacuum dove TBP in.
A pity she played tough Brexiteer in her first months, the EU would agree to all and would pay for it.

edit;

Steven Swinford (@Steven_Swinford)
Hearing that the Cabinet discontent is being fuelled by the draft version of the WAB
Ministers are being given the chance to see it in a reading room today
Suggestions that it goes significantly further than what was agreed - or what ministers thought was agreed - in Cabinet...

May refuses to go, will continue on Friday.

Feel the city breakin' and everybody shakin'
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

Leadsom's gone

She was, you may recall, thoroughly disgusting during the (last) leadership elections, when she claimed she'd make a better PM as she had kids, then accused the Times journalist who quoted her of 'gutter journalism', before said journo published the transcript

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36752865

After looking at a Belgium discussion I finally understand May's endgame...
He talked about Farage (UKIP) owning the result of the referendum, and walking away he day after to let other parties solve it.

May worked a year with Brexiteers in her party (Ukip members but in name), then with civil service to solve the problem. It failed due to the ERG and her lost elections etc.
Then Farage was back in force, and Tories are split as the Red Sea with Moses.

Her endgame; let them own it, Farage and/or BoJo will go to Brussels hand in hand to solve Brexit...
They have less then 8 working weeks (2 now, 6 after summer recess) to get a new Tory PM or an election, and 4 weeks (Oct) to talk to the EU.

France is already warning; no more extensions.

And Shakespeare play goes on;
.@andrealeadsom will be seen by history to have delivered the coup de grace to @theresa_may - which is appropriate some would say because it was her withdrawal from leadership race that handed 10 Downing St to May on a plate.

D7Mc7NyWkAEQsf5.jpg

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Her endgame; let them own it, Farage and/or BoJo will go to Brussels hand in hand to solve Brexit...
They have less then 8 working weeks (2 now, 6 after summer recess) to get a new Tory PM or an election, and 4 weeks (Oct) to talk to the EU.

France is already warning; no more extensions.

Leo good chance France will have company, maybe Spain and even another by then.

That end game does fits nicely with the adage, "revenge is a dish best served cold" ..by then her Deal will be ice cold and one of only three choices left in the fridge, along with Recind or No Deal. Karma.

15 hours ago, sosoomii said:

Have you considered whether the hundreds (thousands?) of posts you have made on the subject (did you even qualify to vote?) makes you a radical?

The best part has to be when he quotes his own posts. 

Interesting bit on BBC TV this Morning, each day they have a different newspaper Reviewer, normally from outside the BBC , when all else fails it was a BBC reporter this morning. He said he has known BJ since university, and as rival newspaper reporter.

He said that BJ is not as solidly Brexit as many think and would not a take an all out approach to renegotiation. This is why some of the remain camp are moving toward getting him elected leader, rather than risk getting the mogg in..

24 minutes ago, The Q said:

He said that BJ is not as solidly Brexit as many think and would not a take an all out approach to renegotiation. 

Thisis why some of the remain camp are moving toward getting him elected leader, rather than risk getting the mogg in..

On face value that doesn't fit with history being early to resign and now of the top 4 PM contenders he sits in the Top 2 with Raab, the two hardest Brexiteers based on what he has said to date. I think he even decided to vote for M3 after Rees Mogg turned.

However that chasing remain support view would not be surprising and is supported by the fact he has no real political conviction and always positions himself to end up on the right side of history when the dice falls. Mogg BTW has always declared no leadership ambitions.

The are so many theories floating around now it is hard to keep up. Best one is Farage is secretly hoping the UK will end up remaining and then make a career using his large block of UK MEP's to try and change/dismantle the EU from within.