Sign in to follow this  
random

We are fucked, Coal Industry Sponsors Climate talks

Recommended Posts

How fucked is this?

 

COP24 President Michal Kurtyka has defended displays of coal soap and jewellery at key climate change talks in Poland, saying "it's good to have everybody on board".

Key points:

  • The climate talks drew some ridicule for putting coal on display in the foyer
  • New Zealand has named climate change as its biggest security threat
  • Pacific nations are facing an existential threat, Michal Kurtyka said

 

Conference attendees were confronted with coal displays in the foyer and greeted by a performance from the Polish Coal Miners Band during the talks designed to bring about global action on climate change.

Polish President Andrzej Duda said using coal was not in conflict with climate protection, and with the climate change talks taking place in the city of Katowice — a coal mining stronghold — some observers said the setting undermined the purpose of the talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, random said:

How fucked is this?

 

COP24 President Michal Kurtyka has defended displays of coal soap and jewellery at key climate change talks in Poland, saying "it's good to have everybody on board".

Key points:

  • The climate talks drew some ridicule for putting coal on display in the foyer
  • New Zealand has named climate change as its biggest security threat
  • Pacific nations are facing an existential threat, Michal Kurtyka said

 

Conference attendees were confronted with coal displays in the foyer and greeted by a performance from the Polish Coal Miners Band during the talks designed to bring about global action on climate change.

Polish President Andrzej Duda said using coal was not in conflict with climate protection, and with the climate change talks taking place in the city of Katowice — a coal mining stronghold — some observers said the setting undermined the purpose of the talks.

Or are a reminder that we (except US Republicans and a single Aussie sailing instructor) can agree on the problem but fail to find one single solution that meets everybody’s needs.    Do the Poles have constructive solutions to minimize carbon footprint that allow them to use the resources at their disposal?   Has Australia offered alternate resources if they ignore the wealth under their own soil?   Perhaps Australia will cease mining, since that feeds industry and destroys the planet, as a show of solidarity.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick summary - Very hard to convince coal miners not to mine coal.

More nuanced version - the nice lady from Kentucky explaining that she isn't stupid, she knows coal is harmful, but her town dies without coal miners working and paying the bills now exceeds interest in Florida being underwater later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lark said:

but fail to find one single solution that meets everybody’s needs.

"Everybody" hey.  Since when has that been a requirement?

Australians are making their own choices aven though our current (soon the be thrown out) government is 'owned' by big coal.  Investment in alternative energy is at record highs particularly are domestic level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Quick summary - Very hard to convince coal miners not to mine coal.

It's easy, just price it out of the park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Quick summary - Very hard to convince coal miners not to mine coal.

More nuanced version - the nice lady from Kentucky explaining that she isn't stupid, she knows coal is harmful, but her town dies without coal miners working and paying the bills now exceeds interest in Florida being underwater later.

I haven't heard many people being upset about Florida going down, as long as it takes all the loons with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/22/world/europe/poland-pollution.html

33 of the 50 dirtiest cities in the EU are in Poland due in part to coal burning.

In October the Polish government announced a $25 billion program to make the air cleaner and the lives of Poles healthier.  No time line on how many years that will take

Edited by jerseyguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, random said:

"Everybody" hey.  Since when has that been a requirement?

Australians are making their own choices aven though our current (soon the be thrown out) government is 'owned' by big coal.  Investment in alternative energy is at record highs particularly are domestic level.

'aven'? 'are domestic level'?  

Obviously it wasn't only science that you failed at school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, random said:

It's easy, just price it out of the park.

Shit - economics as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, random said:

It's easy, just price it out of the park.

That arrogance is part of the problem. The old I’m alright so who gives a fuck about all those families, just throw them on the scrap heap. Fuck me, they could just retrain and get a job in tech, lots going on there. 

Some times you take knobbishness to the next level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gissie said:

That arrogance is part of the problem. The old I’m alright so who gives a fuck about all those families, just throw them on the scrap heap. Fuck me, they could just retrain and get a job in tech, lots going on there. 

Some times you take knobbishness to the next level. 

Amazing isn't he? He hates rich people while claiming he himself is wealthy, and made his money selling asphalt. 

"Asphalt is a petroleum-based product. Concrete requires rock, sand and a fabricated cement component to strengthen the material and hold the pavement together. Drilling, mining, processing and applying these materials to the roadway are resource-intensive processes.Petroleum-based asphalt is a high-VOC (volatile organic compound) substance. As the product is converted to asphalt, significant quantities of harmful gases are released into the atmosphere. The application and curing of the applied asphalt add even more harmful material to the air."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a couple problems with the OP

1. No link?

2. No mention of sponsorship by anybody

3. Randy posted it

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, random said:

How fucked is this?

 

COP24 President Michal Kurtyka has defended displays of coal soap and jewellery at key climate change talks in Poland, saying "it's good to have everybody on board".

Key points:

  • The climate talks drew some ridicule for putting coal on display in the foyer
  • New Zealand has named climate change as its biggest security threat
  • Pacific nations are facing an existential threat, Michal Kurtyka said

 

Conference attendees were confronted with coal displays in the foyer and greeted by a performance from the Polish Coal Miners Band during the talks designed to bring about global action on climate change.

Polish President Andrzej Duda said using coal was not in conflict with climate protection, and with the climate change talks taking place in the city of Katowice — a coal mining stronghold — some observers said the setting undermined the purpose of the talks.

Cry babies?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Amazing isn't he? He hates rich people while claiming he himself is wealthy, and made his money selling asphalt. 

More fact free bullshit from the master of bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

- the nice lady from Kentucky explaining that she isn't stupid, she knows coal is harmful, but her town dies without coal miners working and paying the bills now exceeds interest in Florida being underwater later

An that is the problem in a nutshell.

Greedy self interested cunts profiting from miners dying early and other parts of the world being flooded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, random said:

An that is the problem in a nutshell.

Greedy self interested cunts profiting from miners dying early and other parts of the world being flooded.

I know, who the fuck do they think they are. Wanting to earn a living. Bunch of cunts. Should just lie down in the road and get run over. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some people have no morals.  Add to that, some of those can't value the future over the next ice deal.

But the real issue is the total lack of empathy for anyone else.  Me me me me bugger the rest of you mentality that biologically was reserved for survival, but capitalism has reassigned that to just money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, random said:

Some people have no morals.  Add to that, some of those can't value the future over the next ice deal.

But the real issue is the total lack of empathy for anyone else.  Me me me me bugger the rest of you mentality that biologically was reserved for survival, but capitalism has reassigned that to just money.

Tell us about the Wemen solar farm Randy. Go on, you know about this stuff

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, random said:

Some people have no morals.  Add to that, some of those can't value the future over the next ice deal.

But the real issue is the total lack of empathy for anyone else.  Me me me me bugger the rest of you mentality that biologically was reserved for survival, but capitalism has reassigned that to just money.

You talk about empathy like some educated cunt to that thinks he knows it all. You are happy to sit back and judge people that are just trying to get through each week. Content that you will be fine. To you they are just a bunch of greedy losers that should be prepared to sacrifice themselves for the good of mankind. 

When it is folk like you wanting to be saved it is no wonder they say - fuck off. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's it like to represent the coal industry at the Marrakech climate summit?

World Coal Association boss Benjamin Sporton puts his case for a place at the UN climate talks, but won’t criticise climate science denial supporters.

The face of someone prepared to trash the planet for a $ or three.  What a cunt.

Benjamin Sporton, chief executive of the World Coal Association Photograph: World Coal Association

image.png.87bda9fe016017744177f43715b8aee7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, VOA said:

Tell us about the Wemen solar farm Randy. Go on, you know about this stuff

Waiting Randy. An eco warrior like you is on it for sure. Tell us about it. The 40 year lease and all that

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, VOA said:

Waiting Randy. An eco warrior like you is on it for sure. Tell us about it. The 40 year lease and all that

How much did Australia invest? For a 40 year lease & life? 6 part time jobs though!

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’ve gone all quiet Randy. Down voting me won’t change anything

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biggest US coal company funded dozens of groups questioning climate change

Analysis of Peabody Energy court documents show company backed trade groups, lobbyists and thinktanks dubbed ‘heart and soul of climate denial’

Peabody Energy, America’s biggest coalmining company, has funded at least two dozen groups that cast doubt on manmade climate change and oppose environment regulations, analysis by the Guardian reveals.

The funding spanned trade associations, corporate lobby groups, and industry front groups as well as conservative thinktanks and was exposed in court filings last month.

The coal company also gave to political organisations, funding twice as many Republican groups as Democratic ones.

Peabody, the world’s biggest private sector publicly traded coal company, was long known as an outlier even among fossil fuel companies for its public rejection of climate science and action. But its funding of climate denial groups was only exposed in disclosures after the coal titan was forced to seek bankruptcy protection in April, under competition from cheap natural gas.

Among Peabody’s beneficiaries, the Center for the Study of Carbon Dioxide and Global Change has insisted – wrongly – that carbon emissions are not a threat but “the elixir of life” while the American Legislative Exchange Council is trying to overturn Environmental Protection Agency rules cutting emissions from power plants. Meanwhile, Americans for Prosperity campaigns against carbon pricing. The Oklahoma chapter was on the list.

Contrarian scientists such as Richard Lindzen and Willie Soon also feature on the bankruptcy list.

So does the Washington lobbyist and industry strategist Richard Berman, whose firm has launched a welter of front groups attacking the EPA rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coal Boss Takes Climate Change Denial to the Extreme

Bob Murray claims Earth’s getting colder (just ignore those rising global temperatures). A Murray Energy lobbyist is now Trump’s nominee for No. 2 at EPA.

The Trump administration avoided making any statement on the science of global warming as it moved to revoke the Clean Power Plan, but one of its most influential coal-industry allies made clear he is pushing outright rejection of the scientific consensus.

"We do not have a climate change problem," Murray Energy Chairman and CEO Robert Murray said Tuesday on PBS Newshour as he lauded the repeal decision. He asserted that "4,000 scientists" had told him that "mankind is not affecting climate change."

This is a level of denial that even the most ardent opponents of climate action in the Trump administration rarely speak out loud, and it flies in the face of the scientific consensus.

But Murray, who is head of the nation's largest privately held coal company, adamantly propounded some of the most common, and thoroughly debunked, talking points of the denialist camp.

"The Earth has cooled for the last 19 years," he saidan utter falsehood.

image.png.b014bd0b5ddf00966faeaa07c9835f27.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahahaaaaaaa.  You really are a shill cunt aren't you!

Home » The Daily Wire

 

The Daily Wire

Has this Media Source failed a fact check? LET US KNOW HERE.

Share:
 

The Daily Wire - Right BiasRIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

The Daily Wire is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2015 by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, who currently serves as Editor-in-Chief. Michael Knowles is managing editor, and Jeremy Boreing is Chief Operating Officer.

Funded by / Ownership

The Daily Wire is owned by Forward Publishing LLC. Forward Publishing is owned and managed by the billionaire Wilks Bothers who made their money through the fossil fuel industry with their company Frac Tech. The Wilks brothers are also a part of the extreme Christian right who interpret the bible literally. The website is funded through a subscription and advertising model.

Analysis / Bias

The Daily Wire presents news with a right wing bias in reporting and wording. For example headlines are usually sensational and utilize strong emotional language such as this: Democrats Boo God. Then They Quote The Bible To Attack Trump.

Virtually every story favors the right and denigrates the left. The Daily Wire has also published some false information such as these and this directly from Ben Shapiro. Further, a factual search reveals that the Daily Wire, on a whole, has a mixed track record with fact checkers.

Overall, we rate The Daily Wire as a far right biased news source that is Mixed for factual reporting. (9/2/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 6/16/2018)

Source: http://www.dailywire.com/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, random said:

Hahahahaaaaaaa.  You really are a shill cunt aren't you!

Home » The Daily Wire

 

The Daily Wire

Has this Media Source failed a fact check? LET US KNOW HERE.

Share:
 

The Daily Wire - Right BiasRIGHT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.

Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180

History

The Daily Wire is a politically conservative American news and opinion website founded in 2015 by conservative political commentator Ben Shapiro, who currently serves as Editor-in-Chief. Michael Knowles is managing editor, and Jeremy Boreing is Chief Operating Officer.

Funded by / Ownership

The Daily Wire is owned by Forward Publishing LLC. Forward Publishing is owned and managed by the billionaire Wilks Bothers who made their money through the fossil fuel industry with their company Frac Tech. The Wilks brothers are also a part of the extreme Christian right who interpret the bible literally. The website is funded through a subscription and advertising model.

Analysis / Bias

The Daily Wire presents news with a right wing bias in reporting and wording. For example headlines are usually sensational and utilize strong emotional language such as this: Democrats Boo God. Then They Quote The Bible To Attack Trump.

Virtually every story favors the right and denigrates the left. The Daily Wire has also published some false information such as these and this directly from Ben Shapiro. Further, a factual search reveals that the Daily Wire, on a whole, has a mixed track record with fact checkers.

Overall, we rate The Daily Wire as a far right biased news source that is Mixed for factual reporting. (9/2/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 6/16/2018)

Source: http://www.dailywire.com/

Have you now become Donald Trump?  Your answer to the allegation is to insult the source?

Did Bernie spend $300k in one month flying private or not?

 

 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, random said:

Key points:

  • The climate talks drew some ridicule for putting coal on display in the foyer
  • New Zealand has named climate change as its biggest security threat
  • Pacific nations are facing an existential threat, Michal Kurtyka said
  • Gulp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You still haven’t explains the Wemen solar farm to the posters Randy. 400 million! 7 years ROI and 40 year lease back! All from tax payer money. 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Donald Trump America’s First Illiterate President?

Donald Trump is a trailblazer. He punched age discrimination in the face by becoming the oldest president, and he is also the wealthiest person to ever serve as president. Plus, he was smart enough to be the first president to get elected without any military or government service. That’s pretty groundbreaking, right?! So…is it possible that Donald Trump is the ultimate trailblazer by being America’s first illiterate president?! Today, we present the evidence to determine once and for all: Can Trump read?

Evidence: Remember that time when Donald Trump READ from a teleprompter, and every pundit lowered the bar six feet under the ground and referred to him as presidential? Yeah, me neither, but it happened.

Verdict: Trump Can Read

Evidence: Donald Trump answered with awkward silence when asked, “Do you read?” However, after some time he did mention reading the bible given to him by his mother all the time, but we know that’s not true because anyone who reads the good book knows we don’t refer to the chapter after First Corinthians as Two Corinthians.

Verdict: Trump Can’t Read

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And 33 years of no cost profit goes to the German providers of Wemen. All for half a dozen no skill jobs driving weed whackers and washing panels

Its Australia’s little solyndra 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An eco warrior and economic expert like you should be able to the posters all about it. 

Can you explain Randy? Why would we give a German entity 400 mill to build a solar farm that they can back in 7 years and then hold the lease for 33? 

Why are the little people getting raped for electricity?

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VOA said:

An eco warrior and economic expert like you should be able to the posters all about it. 

Can you explain Randy? Why would we give a German entity 400 mill to build a solar farm that they can back in 7 years and then hold the lease for 33? 

Why are the little people getting raped for electricity?

 

Why do you do anything?  Why are you orchestrating Trump's resignation so craftily?  Why are you so out of touch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coal Is Killing the Planet. Trump Loves It.

Scientists issued a new alarm on the devastating impacts of continued burning of fossil fuels. But the Trump E.P.A. keeps propping up coal.

The latest example is a proposal his agency sent to the White House for review and approval that would, in broadest terms, greatly devalue the public health benefits of reducing air pollution. The proposal is specifically aimed at a 2011 finding by the Obama administration that when the agency devises rules to control a particular pollutant — mercury, in this case — it must take into account not only the compliance costs to industry but the additional health benefits that arise from the reduction in other harmful gases like soot and smog that occur as a side effect. Though the health benefits of controlling mercury alone were quite small, and the costs to industry large, those costs were outweighed by savings to the country in annual health costs and lost workdays when the co-benefits were factored in.

The Wheeler proposal would disallow any calculation of these side benefits and allow only those associated with the regulated pollutant. Mr. Wheeler promises that existing mercury emissions limits will remain in place. He also acknowledges that industry has already invested billions of dollars on new technology to comply with the mercury rule, and that many companies have done so. But weakening the foundation on which that rule was promulgated could invite lawsuits to overturn it entirely, and — even more ominously — could make it easier for the Trump administration or a like-minded one to ignore important ancillary public health benefits when devising other environmental regulations in the future.

So chalk up another win for Robert Murray, the far-right Trump confidante and chief executive of the Murray Energy Corporation, a big coal producer for which Mr. Wheeler served as an attorney and lobbyist. Mr. Murray requested the mercury rollback as one of 16 items on a wish list he presented last year to the Trump administration. He is one of several coal barons who lobbied the administration to revisit the cost-benefit rules to set a precedent for future regulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Why do you do anything?  Why are you orchestrating Trump's resignation so craftily?  Why are you so out of touch?

Wut???? Trumps your problem. Not mine. 

I’m designing, building and installing hydro plants in PNG. I’m not that out of touch, I just work remotely. 

What are you doing other than being a bitch on the internets?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VOA said:

An eco warrior and economic expert like you should be able to the posters all about it. 

Can you explain Randy? Why would we give a German entity 400 mill to build a solar farm that they can back in 7 years and then hold the lease for 33? 

Why are the little people getting raped for electricity?

 

Still Waiting Randy. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahahahhaahaaaaaa funni as shit

Kentucky Coal Museum shifts to solar power

But putting solar panels on top of the coal museum makes sense economically, Sexton said. Public attractions like this one can't be profitable if they're dealing with expensive electric bills every month. And people in eastern Kentucky are becoming more interested in alternative energy options.

“It’s like, 'This might be coal country, but I cannot afford $600 a month.' And that’s for a home," he said. "If it’s a business, God be with them, (the bills are) in the thousands.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VOA said:

Wut???? Trumps your problem. Not mine. 

I’m designing, building and installing hydro plants in PNG. I’m not that out of touch, I just work remotely. 

What are you doing other than being a bitch on the internets?

There was a time you had an argument now you make me sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2018 at 10:33 PM, VOA said:

I have a couple problems with the OP

1. No link?

2. No mention of sponsorship by anybody

3. Randy posted it

It’s seems to be an Australian issue sometimes, Mel likes to post inflammatory comments with no links as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet you rollerblade?

1 hour ago, VOA said:

So you have no idea about Wemen then. It’s ok, just say so. 

When one goes down with the ship, it only merits attention if they don't die. 

I'm guessing you don't care...yet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/8/2018 at 3:01 AM, random said:

Some people have no morals.  Add to that, some of those can't value the future over the next ice deal.

But the real issue is the total lack of empathy for anyone else.  Me me me me bugger the rest of you mentality that biologically was reserved for survival, but capitalism has reassigned that to just money.

You might have a point if you are talking about coal mine *owners* who live no where near a coal mine. As for a women in some little coal mining town, she has probably lived one paycheck away from poverty her entire life and she knows absent coal miner's wages every single business in their little town collapses into oxy addict hell. She knows damn well the odds of them all moving to California and becoming programmers for Google or hitting it big as fund managers in Manhattan are vanishingly small and the odds of hanging around on unemployment and disability while stealing each other's shit to trade for oxy and meth are huge.

So you can make that kind of speech and every single person in the town will gleefully fuck themselves by voting for Trump because at least *he pretended to care*, even though deep in their hearts they know he is lying to them.

* Now obviously the steam coal industry will either die of natural (gas) causes later or regulations sooner no matter what. It would be nice to find a way for these citizens of our country to have meaningful work of some kind. Hand-wavy "learn to code" bullshit does not cut it either, I suspect the percentage of miners who will be good coders is close the percentage of coders who would make good coal miners :rolleyes:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

You might have a point if you are talking about coal mine *owners* who live no where near a coal mine. As for a women in some little coal mining town, she has probably lived one paycheck away from poverty her entire life and she knows absent coal miner's wages every single business in their little town collapses into oxy addict hell. She knows damn well the odds of them all moving to California and becoming programmers for Google or hitting it big as fund managers in Manhattan are vanishingly small and the odds of hanging around on unemployment and disability while stealing each other's shit to trade for oxy and meth are huge.

So you can make that kind of speech and every single person in the town will gleefully fuck themselves by voting for Trump because at least *he pretended to care*, even though deep in their hearts they know he is lying to them.

* Now obviously the steam coal industry will either die of natural (gas) causes later or regulations sooner no matter what. It would be nice to find a way for these citizens of our country to have meaningful work of some kind. Hand-wavy "learn to code" bullshit does not cut it either, I suspect the percentage of miners who will be good coders is close the percentage of coders who would make good coal miners :rolleyes:

You need to stop posting about the realities of life, he doesn’t and never will understand. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

There was a time you had an argument now you make me sad.

Find a stairwell ya sook

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I bet you rollerblade?

When one goes down with the ship, it only merits attention if they don't die. 

I'm guessing you don't care...yet.  

Power bills are crushing those in the lower income sector of Australia. Randy wants to hang crap on the rest of the world while ignoring the problems in his own country

  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should not use coal to protect jobs in the rust belt of America.  We should use coal because it is a needed and efficient energy source.  When it is no longer efficient, we should move on.  Naturally.  

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jzk said:

We should not use coal to protect jobs in the rust belt of America.  We should use coal because it is a needed and efficient energy source.  When it is no longer efficient, we should move on.  Naturally.  

overall, that's irresponsible, you willfully shortsighted asswipe. I suspect you know this, or at least you should.

fu

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

overall, that's irresponsible, you willfully shortsighted asswipe. I suspect you know this, or at least you should.

fu

No it isn't.  Clown.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yes, actually it very much is.

put on a sweater and make a couple concessions, you petulant, indecent 'lil bitch.. 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3to1 said:

put on a sweater and make a couple concessions, you petulant, indecent 'lil bitch..

Well, clown, the whole world seems to agree with me.  Go ahead and practice your religion.  But don't impose it on others.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

COP24 President Michal Kurtyka has defended displays of coal soap

Is that what they use to make "clean coal"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3to1 said:

soil the nest, right moron?

Actually, our CO2 production has caused the planet to add about 2 continental US's worth of vegetation.  Fossil fuel use is win-win.

And the world currently gets 40% of its energy from coal.   And, it doesn't seem like that is going to change very soon.

Besides, even Bernie Sanders doesn't believe in your climate change religion.  That is why he chooses to fly private.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3to1 said:

you lie, it's a flawed energy source. sit your ass down.

There are still a couple of billion people that need to be lifted out of poverty.  They will do it through the use of fossil fuel.  Not much you are going to be able to do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jzk said:

We should not use coal to protect jobs in the rust belt of America.  We should use coal because it is a needed and efficient energy source.  When it is no longer efficient, we should move on.  Naturally.  

In which case America should have (naturally) moved on long ago..... PV and wind are much cheaper power sources and even base load and grid stability can be easily dealt with in a country which has much more water and altitude than Australia:

http://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/anu-finds-22000-potential-pumped-hydro-sites-in-australia

All any government has to do is legislate that new renewable energy sites must provide non coal base load and grid stability back up to go with it, on site or elsewhere, even if it has to be batteries:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/sa-battery-technology-hugely-scalable/ar-BBQvw3a?ocid=spartandhp

The market will do the rest. The reason it hasn’t happened is purely vested short term economic and political interests.

Putting aside Climate Change, how long do you think coal will really last with ever increasing global demand and how long does it take for coal to renew itself? Same goes for other fossil fuels.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 3to1 said:

like I said, shitstain. you're graph isn't going to make it alright.

That is what your clown pea brain is not understanding.  It is not my graph.  It is the world's graph.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sidecar said:

In which case America should have (naturally) moved on long ago..... PV and wind are much cheaper power sources and even base load and grid stability can be easily dealt with in a country which has much more water and altitude than Australia:

http://www.anu.edu.au/news/all-news/anu-finds-22000-potential-pumped-hydro-sites-in-australia

All any government has to do is legislate that new renewable energy sites must provide non coal base load and grid stability back up to go with it, on site or elsewhere, even if it has to be batteries:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/sa-battery-technology-hugely-scalable/ar-BBQvw3a?ocid=spartandhp

The market will do the rest. The reason it hasn’t happened is purely vested short term economic and political interests.

Putting aside Climate Change, how long do you think coal will really last with ever increasing global demand and how long does it take for coal to renew itself? Same goes for other fossil fuels.

 

If there are more efficient energy sources, then there is nothing for us to do.  No legislating.  No mandating.  People will choose the better deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's what you're not 'understanding'; the world is playing with fire, you parasite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jzk said:

If there are more efficient energy sources, then there is nothing for us to do.  No legislating.  No mandating.  People will choose the better deal.

So why postulate coal? Which has the added (potential) risk of Climate Change....

Watch this space........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

So why postulate coal?

Watch this space........

because it aligns with his spiteful philosophies of convenient environmental exploitation. he's a common pos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

So why postulate coal?

Watch this space........

What are you talking about?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 3to1 said:

because it aligns with his spiteful philosophies of convenient exploitation. he's a common pos.

You are a pussy, an internet tough guy. Truth is you're a spine less git.

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jzk said:

You have been conned, pea brain.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/annual-co-emissions-by-region

No one cares about CO2 emissions other than you and a few other religious fanatics.  That is why even the strongest climate change "champions" aren't reducing their CO2 emissions.

so thousands of scientists without agendas are part of a mass conspiracy? who knew??

 

jesus fucking christ, you reichwing 'traitors' have some nerve, you need to be spanked and sent to your holes.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

so thousands of scientists without agendas are part of a mass conspiracy? who knew??

jesus fucking christ, you reichwing shits have some nerve, you need to be spanked.

Think where Dunning & Kruger would be if these right wing morons ever smartened up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Think where Dunning & Kruger would be if these right wing morons ever smartened up.

not sure if it's entirely that simple, grievous and profound character flaws spring to mind as well. not sure if it's nature or nurture, but I've come across things that suggest it could be the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

so thousands of scientists without agendas are part of a mass conspiracy? who knew??

 

jesus fucking christ, you reichwing 'traitors' have some nerve, you need to be spanked and sent to your holes.

 

 

The funny thing is that your outrage is directed to those who oppose you politically rather than those that emit large amounts of CO2.  

Why do you suppose that is?

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jzk said:

The funny thing is that your outrage is directed to those who oppose you politically rather than those that emit large amounts of CO2.  

Why do you suppose that is?

Because they are the same people?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who sucks Big Oil's penis? that's right, the evil wastes of semen you vote into power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

who sucks Big Oil's penis? that's right, the evil vermin you vote into power.

Pea brains like you think that big oil has anything to do with the demand for fossil fuel.

You have liberal elites such as Bernie Sanders, Leo Decaprio and Whoopie goldberg flying around in private jets.  Further you have a Paris accord that doesn't even produce measurable results according to your own standards.  And you pretend to care about climate change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites