Sign in to follow this  
J28

Paris is Burning!

“Tens of thousands of people took to the streets in a fourth consecutive weekend of protests in France, some setting barricades on fire and drawing tear gas from police, as they sought to maintain pressure on President Emmanuel Macron to roll back his economic overhauls.”

Meanwhile, The Hero of the American Left (Macron) is nowhere to be seen.  So courageous!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/paris-girds-for-violence-as-yellow-vest-protesters-mass-1544266245

J28, JZK, Not Guilty, Nailing Malarkey, and a couple of others, flood the streets of Washington DC upon hearing of Trump's impeachment trial. Their protest was only noticed when a small cannon was fired at Congress, and the Capital fire brigades flushed them down the street with huge streams of water. They were last seen disappearing into DC's massive sewer system. A search is on-going.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

J28, JZK, Not Guilty, Nailing Malarkey, and a couple of others, flood the streets of Washington DC upon hearing of Trump's impeachment trial. Their protest was only noticed when a small cannon was fired at Congress, and the Capital fire brigades flushed them down the street with huge streams of water. They were last seen disappearing into DC's massive sewer system. A search is on-going.

A search? How would you distinguish them from all the other pieces of crap? 

6 minutes ago, Grrr... said:

Experienced rescue workers would follow the drool.

France is up in arms because Macron is acting as a neo-liberal, GOPPER-style austerity meister, not any kind of lefty - 

Cutting taxes on the rich while hammering average folks. 

It's gonna take something like that, or maybe worse, for average USAeans to get the attention of our own ONE %. 

People in the US are really quite passive in the face of continuous attacks by the Reich, nothing like the mythical "home of the brave." 

People should be wild in the streets for net neutrality, M4All, wages and much else. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, AJ Oliver said:

France is up in arms because Macron is acting as a neo-liberal, GOPPER-style austerity meister, not any kind of lefty - 

Cutting taxes on the rich while hammering average folks. 

It's gonna take something like that, or maybe worse, for average USAeans to get the attention of our own ONE %. 

People in the US are really quite passive in the face of continuous attacks by the Reich, nothing like the mythical "home of the brave." 

People should be wild in the streets for net neutrality, M4All, wages and much else. 

They seem to be protecting themselves from a tyrannical government, even without all that "well regulated" mumbo jumbo. 

• Like 2

OMG!  

“French riot police fired tear gas and water cannon in Paris on Saturday, trying to stop thousands of yellow-vested protesters from converging on the presidential palace to express their anger at high taxes and French President Emmanuel Macron.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-france-paris-riots-macron-20181208-story.html

I never though I would see the day when French authorities would use tear gas on their own citizens.  Right now I am ashamed I live in a subdivision with French rue names.  Ou est Macron?  Ou est @Bent Sailor?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Straight to fantasy fiction. Again. 

Jeez J28 - 

Don't know much about France, do you? "Never thought (sic) you'd see the day"? 

The French people have battled the government in the streets for centuries - (with lots of tear gas deployed) 

My partner in life was a student in Paris during the 1968 riots. She came up out of the metro one evening and 

found herself in the middle of a revolution - Lots and lots of tear gas. 

You just don't see that in the US during recent history. And that is why in the US the people fear the government,

and in France the government fears the people. 

J28 needs to read and get out more . . he has no clue whatsoever about the nature of the conflict (see my post above). 

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeez J28 - 

The French people have battled the government in the streets for centuries - (with lots of tear gas deployed) 

My partner in life was a student in Paris during the 1968 riots - Lots and lots of tear gas. 

And that is why in the US the people fear the government, and in France the government fears the people. 

J28 needs to read and get out more . . he has no clue whatsoever about the nature of the conflict (see my post above). 

^^^^^^This.

The French have never held back from protesting and do so on a very regular basis. 

12 minutes ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeez J28 - 

My partner in life was a student in Paris during the 1968 riots. She came up out of the metro one evening and 

You just don't see that in the US during recent history. And that is why in the US the people fear the government,

You’re not too fuckin bright are you.  I was trolling @Bent Sailor for his comments in the Migrant Caravan thread.  I don’t need any lectures from dipshits like you.

Get over yourself asshole.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Well J28, you put your ignorance right out there in from of god and everybody . .  got some serious Dunning–Kruger going on there. 

Do you expect folks to just accept that drivel? Macron is the "hero of the American left"?  Wha . . . .? 

You should have taken a few of those lib arts courses that you complain about all the time - 

Just trying to help . . ignorance is curable unless it is willful. Which is yours? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

After spending some 13 years here, going with not curable. Can't fix stupid as the Returds just enjoy the effort.  Once you put J28, Not Guilty, jzk and warbird on ignore (might be a few others) the IQ level here soars.  Some like Nailing Jackass are just too entertaining to not read. 

59 minutes ago, J28 said:

You’re not too fuckin bright are you.  I was trolling @Bent Sailor for his comments in the Migrant Caravan thread.  I don’t need any lectures from dipshits like you.

Get over yourself asshole.

Well next time you attempt to troll Bent...a hint..2AM..oz time..he's prolly asleep.

You wouldn't want to look more ignorant that you already do would ya?

5 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Well next time you attempt to troll Bent...a hint..2AM..oz time..he's prolly asleep.

Is it possible?

Remove the taxes on the oil and watch them go away. I don't see a revolt against their government in general. I suppose I'm not watching enough FOX News. 

Frankly I applaud. The path to reducing fossil fuel burning is not by taxing it. That's not going to fly in anything but a dictatorship and it would be a perilous undertaking even for a dictator. 

1 minute ago, Mark K said:

Remove the taxes on the oil and watch them go away. I don't see a revolt against their government in general. I suppose I'm not watching enough FOX News. 

Frankly I applaud. The path to reducing fossil fuel burning is not by taxing it. That's not going to fly in anything but a dictatorship and it would be a perilous undertaking even for a dictator. 

It's true, fuel taxes tend to hit those in the burbs ..the french regularly protest single issue stuff and seem to see "storming" protests as part of their fine tradition.

Looking at Trumps twitter insults this morning, it seems that He's as ignorant as J28..but we knew that.

this is just since 2000

21st century[edit]

A lot of the violence seems to be coming from R wing phone ins

It's worrisome that mostly peaceful protests can be invaded so quickly by spoilers..the price we pay for mobile phones I suppose but one day, mark my words..protest will be banned..simply because it's too easy to text a gang of trouble makers to deliberately disrupt peaceful protest..for totally anti democratic intentions.

The nazis are getting smarter,

why bother with a counter protest when you can infiltrate your enemy and disrupt and tarnish their causes.

or simply parasitically use any cause to create civil unrest and hope it spreads.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

narcissistic troll telling people to get over themselves.

fuck that's comedy.

Some advice you should take...

BTW...  when you going to change you screen name to Sybil? 

40 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

A lot of the violence seems to be coming from R wing phone ins

It's worrisome that mostly peaceful protests can be invaded so quickly by spoilers..the price we pay for mobile phones I suppose but one day, mark my words..protest will be banned..simply because it's too easy to text a gang of trouble makers to deliberately disrupt peaceful protest..for totally anti democratic intentions.

The nazis are  Elements of Antifa are getting smarter,

why bother with a counter protest when you can infiltrate your enemy and disrupt and tarnish their causes.

or simply parasitically use any cause to create civil unrest and hope it spreads.

Fixed for you..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Fixed for you..

There's actually a world outside the USA:rolleyes:

• Downvote 1

39 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Shhhhh. That's a secret.

5 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Jeez J28 - 

J28 needs to get himself a passport and a plane ticket of whatever ass-backwards backwater he lives in.

Protests, strikes, etc. in France are typical, and not uncommon. They have a lot less tolerance for royalistic, 1%er bullshit that we do, having actually executed a few royals and nobles in the past. They don't tend to put the the 1% on a pedestal or virtue shame the poor.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Yea...  my passport and airline miles keep telling me that....  so you saying the Antifa and the NAZIs' are one in the same?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

J28 needs to get himself a passport and a plane ticket of whatever ass-backwards backwater he lives in.

Protests, strikes, etc. in France are typical, and not uncommon. They have a lot less tolerance for royalistic, 1%er bullshit that we do, having actually executed a few royals and nobles in the past. They don't tend to put the the 1% on a pedestal or virtue shame the poor.

Well, well, well.  The America-hating limousine liberal cuck 1%er opens his pie hole.  In 2016 Americans gave the finger to royals also, in the form of the Bushs and the Clintons.  You and your clown posse willfully ignore the cause of the French riots, which are simmering resentment towards the elite ruling class and in this case, fuel tax increases which are squeezing the middle class.  Sound familiar?

Hey, J28 you know you are still in the posting about liking the Mac/Tatoo 26?  Seriously, after that I would never criticize  anyone ever.  I always knew you were a total dumass but wow, that is box o rocks dumb.

I like the French revolutions.... I'd like it if Americans protested in the same fashion.

image.png.c799b30c57b06e71872088b51945cd68.png

• Like 1

12 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Would have read the article, but for the paywall.....

As a 1%er slum lord you should be able to pay

15 hours ago, J28 said:

Meanwhile, The Hero of the American Left (Macron) is nowhere to be seen.  So courageous!

Macron came from nowhere in political terms, he is a stooge of those in power.  He has been carefully crafted, honed and polished for the job of protecting the Elites.

Obvious as tits in a bull.

4 hours ago, J28 said:

Well, well, well.  The America-hating limousine liberal cuck 1%er opens his pie hole.  In 2016 Americans gave the finger to royals also, in the form of the Bushs and the Clintons.  You and your clown posse willfully ignore the cause of the French riots, which are simmering resentment towards the elite ruling class and in this case, fuel tax increases which are squeezing the middle class.  Sound familiar?

What a strange, ignorant and bitter little man this one is. I really shouldn't open his posts, I think it kills brain cells.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

You’d struggle to know from reading your posts 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

What a strange, ignorant and bitter little man this one is. I really shouldn't open his posts, I think it kills brain cells.

Most of us don’t. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Actually, until you'd commented on it, I wasn't aware he'd said anything about me. That's kind of the reason I put trolls on ignore. Just sayin'

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Best to live in an echo chamber where you can always feel safe and secure. Also, helps keep the blood pressure under control. HBP is a killer. 

• Like 1

Do we all understand that the protests are in large part against taxes imposed to comply with the Paris accords.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moderate said:

As a 1%er slum lord you should be able to pay

LOL!!  Nowhere near a 1 per-center, but as soon as a few more rentals mortgages are retired next year, we will be on a "fixed income", as in fixed pretty good!  It only took 35 years of sweat, toil and hard work to get here.  I find that very few people have the stomach to be a Landlord, and deal with some of the nasty shit that goes along with it....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Translation: That meany J28 said mean but true things about me.  Can other lefties help me out and pile on here. 

• Like 1

Everyone is mistaken : 

We're not protesting for a few cents off the fuel bill. We're not protesting because we want to pay less taxes. 

We're protesting to be able to live decently. 

We're protesting because we want the taxes to be applied equally to everyone. 

We're protesting because 10 years ago we put ~€ 400 billion to save banks, and last year the government voted a "pact" with big companies saying "we reduce your charges by 40 billion, but you hire 1 million". They cashed in and didn't hire a single person. 

We're protesting because for 20 years the govt told us to "buy diesel cars, it's safer, cheaper to use,..." and now diesel is more expensive than gasoline (~€1,5/L). 

We're protesting because nurses have to take care of more than 50 patients at once, for less than €1200/month. 

We're protesting because every single law that is voted is voted in favor of the 1%. 

We're protesting because we're being told that "we people don't know what's good for us, but that's normal, after all we're the people, we can't understand" (govt deputy) 

We're protesting because mass medias are lying to our face ("did you know that there were only 120k people protesting maximum?" That's at least three times less than the real figures). 

We're protesting because the only measure the govt has taken until now is to freeze the fuel tax for 6 months and imprison protesters (up to 6 months of jail). 

We're protesting because we want to stop being fucked all day long by bosses/investors/taxes/prices/state agencies. 

We're protesting because we are tired of being slaved. 

I could go on and on about this. Just remember: "When the government violates the rights of the people, insurrection is, for the people and for each portion of the people, the most sacred of rights and the most indispensable of duties" (Declaration of rights of man and citizen, 1793)

https://np.reddit.com/r/instant_regret/comments/a4csni/what_are_you_gonna_do_shoot_me/ebdj8e9/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
Everyone is mistaken : 

We're not protesting for a few cents off the fuel bill. We're not protesting because we want to pay less taxes. 

We're protesting to be able to live decently. 

We're protesting because we want the taxes to be applied equally to everyone. 

We're protesting because 10 years ago we put ~€ 400 billion to save banks, and last year the government voted a "pact" with big companies saying "we reduce your charges by 40 billion, but you hire 1 million". They cashed in and didn't hire a single person. 

We're protesting because for 20 years the govt told us to "buy diesel cars, it's safer, cheaper to use,..." and now diesel is more expensive than gasoline (~€1,5/L). 

We're protesting because nurses have to take care of more than 50 patients at once, for less than €1200/month. 

We're protesting because every single law that is voted is voted in favor of the 1%. 

We're protesting because we're being told that "we people don't know what's good for us, but that's normal, after all we're the people, we can't understand" (govt deputy) 

We're protesting because mass medias are lying to our face ("did you know that there were only 120k people protesting maximum?" That's at least three times less than the real figures). 

We're protesting because the only measure the govt has taken until now is to freeze the fuel tax for 6 months and imprison protesters (up to 6 months of jail). 

We're protesting because we want to stop being fucked all day long by bosses/investors/taxes/prices/state agencies. 

We're protesting because we are tired of being slaved. 

I could go on and on about this. Just remember: "When the government violates the rights of the people, insurrection is, for the people and for each portion of the people, the most sacred of rights and the most indispensable of duties" (Declaration of rights of man and citizen, 1793)

https://np.reddit.com/r/instant_regret/comments/a4csni/what_are_you_gonna_do_shoot_me/ebdj8e9/

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and to think this is where the Liberal/Progressives on PA want to take the USA

11 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and to think this is where the Liberal/Progressives on PA want to take the USA

After you see your taxes this coming April, they'll save a protest sign for you.

17 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
Everyone is mistaken : 

Sounds like a Gouter :)

Yep, everybody has a quick fix for climate change until it's proven not to work after great expense and aggravation.

That's the end result of free health care.  There aren't enough folks to meet the increased demand.  And, the only way to get more workers is to pay more, increasing the cost.

We're protesting because every single law that is voted is voted in favor of the 1%.  Prove it.

That's what all authoritarian governments say, left or right.

Justification for the second amendment.  (Bill of Rights, 1791)

23 hours ago, Grrr... said:

They're the pile of filthy socks in the corner.

8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

Who else would buy a J/28?

Everyone is mistaken : 

Sounds like a Gouter :)

Yep, everybody has a quick fix for climate change until it's proven not to work after great expense and aggravation.

That's the end result of free health care.  There aren't enough folks to meet the increased demand.  And, the only way to get more workers is to pay more, increasing the cost.

We're protesting because every single law that is voted is voted in favor of the 1%.  Prove it.

That's what all authoritarian governments say, left or right. 

Justification for the second amendment.  (Bill of Rights, 1791)

That's enough commentary to get you branded a curmudgeon. The only thing I feel qualified to counter is the comment about healthcare. As far as I know, France healthcare is in excellent shape.

• Downvote 1

12 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

I like the French revolutions.... I'd like it if Americans protested in the same fashion.

image.png.c799b30c57b06e71872088b51945cd68.png

I was a week late for this....  

2 hours ago, Lifted Tack said:

Who else would buy a J/28?

Right on cue Low T responds to the limousine liberal’s dog whistle.

Oh gawd, you triggered all the libtards so hard. Badlat has dreams about us and the libtards defend the other lefties.

Here is a good article on the "yellow vest" movement in France, of the sort that J28 might 

read in a college course on European politics should he ever take one - which he will not. 

https://consortiumnews.com/2018/12/05/yellow-vests-rise-against-neo-liberal-king-macron/

(I do not agree with all of it) 

On 12/8/2018 at 7:57 AM, AJ Oliver said:

France is up in arms

Technically, they are not.  

9 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yeah.... they are not allowed to arm themselves from governmental over reach

9 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

They seem to be doing ok so far. 

13 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

did fox news tell you that? they are the one running with this, it clicks the buttons for you guys doesn't it?

2 minutes ago, mad said:

They seem to be doing ok so far. 

It is early..the government is merely letting them have their rant....we'll see

France tells Trump to fuck off.

France tells Trump to stop interfering in its politics

Source: AFP via France24

Paris (AFP) 

The French government on Sunday urged Donald Trump not to interfere in French politics after the US president posted tweets about the protests rocking the country and attacked the Paris climate agreement. 

"We do not take domestic American politics into account and we want that to be reciprocated," Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told LCI television. 

"I say this to Donald Trump and the French president says it too: leave our nation be." 

Trump had on Saturday posted two tweets referring to the "yellow vest" anti-government protests that have swept France since mid-November and sparked rioting in Paris.

Read more: https://www.france24.com/en/20181209-france-tells-trump-stop-interfering-its-politics 

26 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Thank God for small favors. 

297hair.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

did fox news tell you that? they are the one running with this, it clicks the buttons for you guys doesn't it?

Do you ever watch Fox News?  

4 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

France tells Trump to fuck off.

France tells Trump to stop interfering in its politics

Source: AFP via France24

Paris (AFP) 

The French government on Sunday urged Donald Trump not to interfere in French politics after the US president posted tweets about the protests rocking the country and attacked the Paris climate agreement. 

"We do not take domestic American politics into account and we want that to be reciprocated," Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian told LCI television. 

"I say this to Donald Trump and the French president says it too: leave our nation be." 

Trump had on Saturday posted two tweets referring to the "yellow vest" anti-government protests that have swept France since mid-November and sparked rioting in Paris.

Read more: https://www.france24.com/en/20181209-france-tells-trump-stop-interfering-its-politics 

When the Trump gets publicly told to STFU by another country, you may need to rethink the diplomacy policy. 

I wonder how the conversation went with the US Ambassador? 

1 minute ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Do you ever watch Fox News?  

No

1 minute ago, mad said:

When the Trump gets publicly told to STFU by another country, you may need to rethink the diplomacy policy. 

This is Trump's America, the Ambassador probably doesn't speak French.

1 minute ago, mad said:

Yet aren't these same people the ones bitching that trump is NOT interfering in another countries foreign policy???  

• Like 1

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

No

was he talking to you, bitch? No. So why don't you sit down, shut the fuck up, and stay in that condition until you can discern bullshit conspiracy theory from reality.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

was he talking to you, bitch? No. So why don't you sit down, shut the fuck up, and stay in that condition until you can discern bullshit conspiracy theory from reality.

Why don't you chose which sox puppet you want to use from here on forward..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Thank God for small favors. 

297hair.jpg

Looks like Photoshop to me...

15 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

For those that think it is wrong to suggest that someone is "off their meds" when referring to this sort of behavior that happens daily like @Raz'r keeps displaying - is it really that wrong in the face of evadents like this^^ above?

3 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

For those that think it is wrong to suggest that someone is "off their meds" when referring to this sort of behavior that happens daily like

You posted the same bullshit to me you preening asshole.

You can't compete on ideas - because you don't fucking have any - and so you do this. And it's ok, because you don't use mean words.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You posted the same bullshit to me you preening asshole.

You can't compete on ideas - because you don't fucking have any - and so you do this. And it's ok, because you don't use mean words.

Whatever you say, @Raz'r

9 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

@Shootist Jeff is lonely today. must not have a gun to stroke, he needs to play online. poor jeff.

Yes, raz'r.  Whatever you say.

Watching @Raz'r have a mental breakdown is a sad show. You can see how he is left with nothing but name calling and profanity like a middle school child who thinks he is a tuff guy but he just sits in the corner with no friends.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Yet aren't these same people the ones bitching that trump is NOT interfering in another countries foreign policy???  

I’m not sure what you’re referring to? 

7 minutes ago, mad said:
47 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I’m not sure what you’re referring to? 

KSA.  We are being lambasted by the same folks for NOT interfering in their FP.

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don’t think the events are quite that comparable. But I see your point. 

But how much and how far do countries go when voicing opinions of others? There’s an increasingly thin line to tread and the UK and US along with others tend to pick which fights to start depending on finance and political leverage reasons, as needed.

35 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

we are interfering in their foreign policy - in favor of murder and covering up murder. Try and keep up geriatric jeffreaux 

1 hour ago, badlatitude said:

This is Trump's America, the Ambassador probably doesn't speak French.

I can't seem to find this complaint from you referring to the previous administration. Everything about ambassadors is only a problem during (R) administrations, I guess.

As far as the current US ambassador to France goes specifically, I'm pretty sure her degree in French from Georgetown would of been pretty awkward is she didn't speak the language.

4 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

I can't seem to find this complaint from you referring to the previous administration. Everything about ambassadors is only a problem during (R) administrations, I guess.

and in parachutes the R defense brigade on cue.

5 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Keep looking.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

and in parachutes the R defense brigade on cue.

Was I talking to you, Jiblet? Be quiet for once and let BL answer messages on his own.

razr is breaking down. It must suck to live your life so angry all the time.

• Like 1

He (both of him) is not the only one of the lefty choir who is angry all the time.