Sign in to follow this  
benwynn

Ammon Bundy Quits Militia Movement in Solidarity With Migrant Caravan

“I believe President Trump, the best way I could explain it, is that he’s a nationalist, and a nationalist in my view makes the decision that best benefits the nation, not the individual,” Bundy said. “That is not freedom, and that is not what America was built upon.”

… “The time we find ourselves in now that is closest found in history is Germany in the 1930s, and they had a leader that was loved, and it was the same kind of following,” he said. “I don’t want to say there is that extreme similarity, but it very well could go that way, and people just give up their thinking, their rights, and they give up their government because they were so willing to follow him.”

https://www.google.com/amp/nymag.com/intelligencer/amp/2018/12/ammon-bundy-quits-militia-movement-defends-migrant-caravan.html

Bundy:

" He (Trump) has basically called them all criminals and said they’re not coming in here. It seems that there’s been this group stereotype," Ammon Bundy said in a 17-minute video published on Facebook. "But what about those who have come here for reasons of need?... What about the fathers, the mothers, the children, who have come here and are willing to go through the process to apply for asylum so they can come into this country and benefit from not having to be oppressed continually by criminals?

"It’s all fear-based, and frankly it’s based upon selfishness—‘I’m going to lose something by them coming in,'" he said of anti-immigrant statements. "I think that’s incorrect. But also to base your arguments or your motives or your actions upon fear is a very dangerous thing to do."

"I have been frankly surprised, disappointed and even at times disgusted [by] the amount of people who profess to be Christians but will not truly adhere to what Christ said".