random

The French protest, Americans just take it up the

So when the French are getting reamed they take to the streets and do something about it.

Americans in the same situations just become whiny bitches and complain about it on the internet.

Why is that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, random said:

just become whiny bitches and complain about it on the internet.

says the whiny bitch.:D

5 hours ago, random said:

So when the French are getting reamed they take to the streets and do something about it.

Americans in the same situations just become whiny bitches and complain about it on the internet.

Why is that?

It sounds like they consider the phrase "protect themselves from a tyrannical government" as actionable as a opposed to being an excuse and meaningless punchline.

• Like 2

Red staters love to give us coasters tax breaks so we can buy new sails. 

7 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:
8 hours ago, random said:

just become whiny bitches and complain about it on the internet.

Well fucking played, sir!  Well played.

3 hours ago, benwynn said:

It sounds like they consider the phrase "protect themselves from a tyrannical government" as actionable as a opposed to being an excuse and meaningless punchline.

Maybe if the citizenry were not disarmed in France, they might be doing better at their protests against the govt.  Just sayin....

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

Maybe if the citizenry were not disarmed in France, they might be doing better at their protests against the govt.  Just sayin....

We are an armed citizenry and they are doing better than us. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Not my Cuntry. 

So all the tough gun nuts protecting themselves from the Government are now be fucked over by the 'Gummemt' and they do nothing. 

But then gun nuts vote for Trump and can't read.

7 minutes ago, benwynn said:

At least they get a response. If the elites continue to maintain a global system where nobody else has a chance to get ahead, they’re going to start losing their heads. Only when the elites worry about their own feathered nests in the way that most people fear missing a paycheck will change come, as we saw with the 2008 lightning speed bailouts. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/05/world/europe/yellow-vests-france.html

10 minutes ago, benwynn said:

We haven't gotten to that point yet, apparently.  The economy is humming along and we are not pushing austerity measures.

However, as @Mark K often says:  the US is only about 6-7 missed meals away from having the pitchforks and AR-15s come out and the angry mob marches on the 1%er gated communities.  

5 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Yes because we are not  burning down our own cities like fucking retards.

I suppose if they had their shit together like us, they would be armed and effecting social change by shooting up broken appliances on the weekends.

• Like 1

Just now, benwynn said:

I suppose if they had their shit together like us, they would be armed and effecting social change by shooting up broken appliances on the weekends.

DO NOT underestimate the cathartic value of shooting up broken appliances on the weekends!!!  Especially HP notebook computers with Windows 10.......  Just saying.

Just now, Shootist Jeff said:

We haven't gotten to that point yet, apparently.  The economy is humming along and we are not pushing austerity measures.

However, as @Mark K often says:  the US is only about 6-7 missed meals away from having the pitchforks and AR-15s come out and the angry mob marches on the 1%er gated communities.  

Most likely first point of attack on the 1%:  Their refrigerators. 

latest?cb=20160314172827

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Shootist Jeff said:

DO NOT underestimate the cathartic value of shooting up broken appliances on the weekends!!!  Especially HP notebook computers with Windows 10.......  Just saying.

I do not underestimate the cathartic value at all.  I used to do it.   I'm just saying that in regard to social change, the French seem better at getting attention.  

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I do not underestimate the cathartic value at all.  I used to do it.   I'm just saying that in regard to social change, the French seem better at getting attention.  

And as I said, maybe we are just not at the "Needing to get attention from our govt" stage yet.  Impose austerity on the US like the Frogs did and you will see all the attention seeking you desire

As for getting attention when needed, I would disagree.  There have been plenty of protests in the US that worked.  That Anti-vietnam one for example.  The civil rights protests in the 60s.  The BLM and Ferguson riots.  The rodney king riots.  The Antifa protests.....

Are you saying we are incapable as a people of protesting our government?  

10 hours ago, random said:

complain about it on the internet.

Fuck! I fucking love this place!

If you turkeys did a little research you would know that the true underlying issue is income disparity. Average Frenchman makes 1400euro a month. That is $1,600 a month.  (Source NYT)

Think of that 1/2 of France makes less than $20,000 a year.  In the US for a family of 3 that is below the poverty level.  

The term “working poor” takes on a whole new meaning there. 

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And as I said, maybe we are just not at the "Needing to get attention from our govt" stage yet.  Impose austerity on the US like the Frogs did and you will see all the attention seeking you desire

As for getting attention when needed, I would disagree.  There have been plenty of protests in the US that worked.  That Anti-vietnam one for example.  The civil rights protests in the 60s.  The BLM and Ferguson riots.  The rodney king riots.  The Antifa protests.....

If it happens as you suggest, with arms appearing, it will end in bloodshed, that is for certain.  

11 hours ago, random said:

So far....

Might change before long....

16 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

but but but America is the worst and  Europe is better. Dumbass!

You go your meds again??  Take them and repost so we can understand you. 

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No.  I'm saying guns don't appear needed to do so. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not guilty said:

Not Americans

maxresdefault.jpg

Not Americans.

GTY-blm-project-ml-7-161226_3x2_1600.jpg

Not Americans.

nick-cannon-blm-protest-750x522.jpg

Thanks for confirming you are a racist.

Oh shit.  Looks like I've been outed by someone that everyone here takes remotely seriously.

Uh fucking oh. 

46 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Who in the flying fuck ever said that?   You're an idiot. 

5 minutes ago, benwynn said:

We knew that already.

7 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Red staters love to give us coasters tax breaks so we can buy new sails. 

Let me introduce you to a few new words you may find very useful....  Chlorpromazine, Fluphenazine, Haloperidol, Perphenazine , Thioridazine,Thiothixene, and Trifluoperazine.   Though I prefer the new hipper terms like Clozapine, Geodon, Seroquel, Risperdal, Zyprexa, Abilify.....

54 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Are you kidding me...  you for one when it came to the Obama Care discussion here...

1 hour ago, benwynn said:
3 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

No.  I'm saying guns don't appear needed to do so. 

I don't recall anyone here, certainly not me, suggesting that gunz are needed for basic protesting.  The right to free assembly is enshrined in the Connie right before the gun part.  Its when the protests fail and the gov't kills all the protesters is when the gunz need to come out.  

Edit:  BTW - I would like to take this opportunity to point out to the class that Ben changed this non-gun subject to gunz.  Don't blame this on us nutterz.  

2 hours ago, mad said:

If it happens as you suggest, with arms appearing, it will end in bloodshed, that is for certain.  

17 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don't recall anyone here, certainly not me, suggesting that gunz are needed for basic protesting.  The right to free assembly is enshrined in the Connie right before the gun part.  Its when the protests fail and the gov't kills all the protesters is when the gunz need to come out.  

Edit:  BTW - I would like to take this opportunity to point out to the class that Ben changed this non-gun subject to gunz.  Don't blame this on us nutterz.  

Ben didn’t mention it first, I did. 

I mentioned it because if it did occur to the level it has done in France, there is a higher chance of armed fire and or conflict happening in the US than France, my 2cents. 

Read history, modern warfare as well as pitchforking elites started in France. These people know real suffering unlike the fake suffering promulgated by the US military industrial complex and oprah

5 minutes ago, toad said:

Read history, modern warfare as well as pitchforking elites started in France. These people know real suffering unlike the fake suffering promulgated by the US military industrial complex and oprah

Thou Shall Not Speak Ill of Oprah For She is a Treasured Icon of The American Left

3 hours ago, Not guilty said:

2 hours ago, benwynn said:

1 hour ago, nacradriver said:

Are you kidding me...  you for one when it came to the Obama Care discussion here...

So looking at a single issue that appears to work better somewhere else makes that place better and America the worst.

I think the coffee in Ethiopia is better than the coffee grown in the US. Oooo look at me. I think America is the worst and Ethiopia is better.

Fucking morons. 

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Tyranny doesn't necessarily start with an all out shooting war.   Fuck me... Maybe this twice a year meeting that Publius thought was too inconvenient wouldn't be such a bad thing.  This kind of shit could be covered. 

21 minutes ago, benwynn said:

So looking at a single issue that appears to work better somewhere else makes that place better and America the worst.

I think the coffee in Ethiopia is better than the coffee grown in the US. Oooo look at me. I think America is the worst and Ethiopia is better.

Fucking morons. 

Sure... if that works for you... 

3 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Let me introduce you to a few new words you may find very useful....  Chlorpromazine, Fluphenazine, Haloperidol, Perphenazine , Thioridazine,Thiothixene, and Trifluoperazine.   Though I prefer the new hipper terms like Clozapine, Geodon, Seroquel, Risperdal, Zyprexa, Abilify.....

Is that all the shit the red-staters are abusing now? Thought it was just opiates.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Is that all the shit the red-staters are abusing now? Thought it was just opiates.

They're all there is to make California liveable.

2 hours ago, nacradriver said:

Sure... if that works for you... 

That dark shape that you saw fly past you on the ground? It was the shadow of my point.  It's a shame you didn't look up.

4 hours ago, benwynn said:

Fucking morons. 

I think the Ethiopians make better single seat fighter planes as well.

9 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Leftie protests all...they , by and large, are not the ones with sacks of ammo and 38 guns buried under the dead fridge.:rolleyes:

Fucking typical of Jeff, steal the thunder from groups he wouldn't be seen dead supporting to support his Walter Mitty fantasies.

6 hours ago, mad said:

Ben didn’t mention it first, I did. 

I mentioned it because if it did occur to the level it has done in France, there is a higher chance of armed fire and or conflict happening in the US than France, my 2cents. 

No, actually he brought gunz into the conversation in post #3.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

Leftie protests all...they , by and large, are not the ones with sacks of ammo and 38 guns buried under the dead fridge.:rolleyes:

Fucking typical of Jeff, steal the thunder from groups he wouldn't be seen dead supporting to support his Walter Mitty fantasies.

Well, for the record - I don't have 38 gunz.  Yet.  But I do have literally cases of ammo.    And enough components to make another 20K more.  Its just cheaper to buy in bulk.  Its not like bullets expire and go stale. :D

Anywho, as ben said - you completely missed the point.  Those protests were mostly very successful at effecting change in a mostly peaceful non-"let's take up arms against the gov't" sort of way.  I just use them as examples because they were the first to come to mind.  I'm sure at some point the US right rioted at some point in protest of something.  But we mostly just put our head's down, go to work and pay taxes so the antifa / goth kids who live in their mom's basement can gather in their hipster coffee shops during the day and bitch about how unfair life is.  SO UNFAIR.

And I think you are wrong about me.  I would likely have supported the VN war protests.  It was a huge waste of American Blood and treasure.  And the civil rights marches were legend.  And I have zero issue with BLM.  I wish they would spend some of their time and effort trying to get their own folk to understand that ignoring a cop's orders to put your hands up and not charge at the cop or try to wrestle the cop's gun away from them while talking to them through the cruiser window is a fairly sure way to get shot.  Better to live and file a complaint than be dead due to stupidity.  

But to preempt @benwynn's inevitable comeback..... The guns come in when the gov't doesn't let the protesters protest and takes away all or most of their rights in the process.  Or does like Asad and Qhaddaffi did (and al Sisi) and just start machine gunning the protesters in the street down.  That's when the tyrannical gov't thing kicks in.

51 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The guns come in when the gov't doesn't let the protesters protest

Fucking pussies, bet they don't.  The French don't need no steeenkin guns.

But gun nuts have them and do nothing.

image.png.8ece3ed0bdc41faa148c27a827c10751.png

24 minutes ago, VOA said:

Where were you Bob? Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when you heard about it?

Yep, sitting having breakfast at the canteen in the Noalimba Migrant hostel, WA. It was kind of topical because we had notices for conscription posted on the doors...I thought they would conscript my Dad.:(.and we were talking about it (Vietnam) over breakfast.

3 minutes ago, VOA said:

So why did you post it? Just trolling?

In reply to Jeffs post..but you don't read do you?:rolleyes:

19 hours ago, benwynn said:

It sounds like they consider the phrase "protect themselves from a tyrannical government" as actionable as a opposed to being an excuse

An excuse for what?

Our shared opposition to TeamD gun bans, perhaps?

4 hours ago, dogballs Tom said:

An excuse for what?

Our shared opposition to TeamD gun bans, perhaps?

Yes. Exactly.

^^^ Feel free to copy this response into whatever thread you feel appropriate.

20 hours ago, benwynn said:

Change?  I am pretty sure we opted out of the Paris Accord...…..

18 hours ago, Snore said:

If you turkeys did a little research you would know that the true underlying issue is income disparity. Average Frenchman makes 1400euro a month. That is $1,600 a month.  (Source NYT)

Think of that 1/2 of France makes less than $20,000 a year.  In the US for a family of 3 that is below the poverty level.  

The term “working poor” takes on a whole new meaning there. 

But the French get everything for free that 20,000 is for wine cheese and bread. I know I lived there. I got free health care and my lunch at the local city hall was subsidized by about 60% so I got a good 4 course French lunch for about 2 bucks. Full price was 6.50 Plus we received a cash payment for the last 6 months of my wife's pregnancy and after to help make sure that she was well nourished and therefore the kid was healthy. Need I go on? 

O.K. housing is subsidized even the bread.  It is a real live well fare state They want a 30 hour work week and be able to retire  at 60. They are lazy and entitled . They are in the shit they are in because there is still about 60% of population on land running small cost inefficient farms. And there is nothing they can do. To drive that many people off the land would mean unemployment in the stratospheric range.       

52 minutes ago, warbird said:

Change?  I am pretty sure we opted out of the Paris Accord...…..

Oh yeah.  Never mind.  Thanks.

One of the jokes told in Europe when I lived there was that the last 

chance for human liberation disappeared when they stopped using 

cobblestones to pave city streets. 

But La Lucha Sigue 

19 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

I don't recall anyone here, certainly not me, suggesting that gunz are needed for basic protesting.

No, just for the militia to protect themselves from the government. 

Oh, and then there is the part about stopping to ex slaves black guys from raping your family ...

3 hours ago, HuronBouy said:

But the French get everything for free that 20,000 is for wine cheese and bread. I know I lived there. I got free health care and my lunch at the local city hall was subsidized by about 60% so I got a good 4 course French lunch for about 2 bucks. Full price was 6.50 Plus we received a cash payment for the last 6 months of my wife's pregnancy and after to help make sure that she was well nourished and therefore the kid was healthy. Need I go on? 

O.K. housing is subsidized even the bread.  It is a real live well fare state They want a 30 hour work week and be able to retire  at 60. They are lazy and entitled . They are in the shit they are in because there is still about 60% of population on land running small cost inefficient farms. And there is nothing they can do. To drive that many people off the land would mean unemployment in the stratospheric range.       

You are correct about some of those things. However, you forget the tax on that 20k is 40%. You also forgot the unemployment rate is well north of 10% and for under 25's north of 20%. I could go on and on.....

Not everyone gets subsidized housing, work 30 hours or are lazy. Your generalisations show your ignorance. 

• Like 1

I did not say everyone works 30 hours I said folks want to. One of my best friends lives in Strasbourg and we do talk. My aunt did live there and was over the moon about those who live on the public tit. Generalizations do not constitute ignorance  they are generalizations like the weather in Nice is usually nice but then there are mistrals.  

So here is how fucked up the place is.

Posters on US based forums complain about anything to do with welfare, or anyone getting any support from the government to survive, even basic healthcare.

Then we have the same people grudgingly recognising the inequality all over the planet and kinda nodding that that''s not a good thing ... failing to join those two dots.

11 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

I did not say everyone works 30 hours I said folks want to. One of my best friends lives in Strasbourg and we do talk. My aunt did live there and was over the moon about those who live on the public tit. Generalizations do not constitute ignorance  they are generalizations like the weather in Nice is usually nice but then there are mistrals.  

Generalisations are an easy way out, much the same as all Americans are over weight, gun toting red necks. 

Just saying. 

Americans are over weight, gun toting red necks. 

But this is true generally. What is your point? 

Just sayin  

Heard a report that the government of Egypt is restricting sales of fluorescent yellow vests. This could be the beginning of something global. The Chinese will like it because most of these vests are probably made there and they won't allow to be sold/used as protest items.

3 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Heard a report that the government of Egypt is restricting sales of fluorescent yellow vests. This could be the beginning of something global. The Chinese will like it because most of these vests are probably made there and they won't allow to be sold/used as protest items.

I was ready to call bullshit until I did a google,  see sample story-   https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/news-pmn/egypt-restricts-yellow-vests-sales-to-avoid-copycat-protests/wcm/4e3f3518-5aab-49e1-9f11-e17d2bdfcd30

This  could get interesting.

13 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Americans are over weight, gun toting red necks. 

But this is true generally. What is your point? 

Just sayin  

That some assholes are so ignorant that they feel the need to such bullshit regardless of the real world. 

As proven by you in 2 posts in an hour. 

2 hours ago, Snore said:

I was ready to call bullshit until I did a google,  see sample story-   https://ottawacitizen.com/pmn/news-pmn/egypt-restricts-yellow-vests-sales-to-avoid-copycat-protests/wcm/4e3f3518-5aab-49e1-9f11-e17d2bdfcd30

This  could get interesting.

I think a key difference between this populist outbreak in France and what happened with Trump in the US is that the Frenchies were protesting specific policies that they saw as hurting the average Joe (or Pierre) starting with the gas price increase but now extending to other aspects of Macron's austerity measures. In the US, Trump was clever enough to rouse his supporters around the idea of protesting against particular people - individuals like Clinton and groups like gays and minorities. 

9 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I think a key difference between this populist outbreak in France and what happened with Trump in the US is that the Frenchies were protesting specific policies that they saw as hurting the average Joe (or Pierre) starting with the gas price increase but now extending to other aspects of Macron's austerity measures. In the US, Trump was clever enough to rouse his supporters around the idea of protesting against particular people - individuals like Clinton and groups like gays and minorities. 

Help me if you will.... can you point to where Trump specially told his supporters to go after gays and minorities.. 

3 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

Help me if you will.... can you point to where Trump specially told his supporters to go after gays and minorities.. 

Depends on one's definition of 'specifically told' doesn't it. To take one example his use of the 'migrant caravan' as this over-arching threat to the United States. Last I looked, the people in the caravan were of the brown persuasion. If wanted fewer illegals working in the US he could have gone after those who employ these people, but they are white and at least somewhat rich. If we went after the capitalists to protect American working class jobs he might be seen as some kind of Commie of course.

17 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Divide and conquer. 

Just now, mad said:

Divide and conquer. 

More than that I fear. In Mein Kampf Hitler described how you unite your followers by giving them a common enemy. I don't think that Trump consciously used Hitler as a role model here since that would require a) that he read Hitler's book and we know that is unlikely and/or b) he is a student of history and we know that is not the case. To give his due, I suspect he figured this out for himself.

39 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

More than that I fear. In Mein Kampf Hitler described how you unite your followers by giving them a common enemy. I don't think that Trump consciously used Hitler as a role model here since that would require a) that he read Hitler's book and we know that is unlikely and/or b) he is a student of history and we know that is not the case. To give his due, I suspect he figured this out for himself.

He supposedly had Mein Kampf  on his night stand, but that was probably hollowed out to hide money in. I do think that Steven Miller has absorbed all of Mein Kampf through his pores.

171109160353-01-stephen-miller-file-supe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

his use of the 'migrant caravan' as this over-arching threat to the United States. Last I looked, the people in the caravan were of the brown persuasion.

You are kind of a fuckwad and a racist. Do you think for just a moment, a second really, that a caravan from Guetemala will be Nordic or Scandanavian? To pretend that gang invaders from central America would  have any thing but browner skin is idiocy (common from the left). Ignoring reality is a forte of the left.

….but, carry on...….

4 minutes ago, warbird said:

You are kind of a fuckwad and a racist. Do you think for just a moment, a second really, that a caravan from Guetemala will be Nordic or Scandanavian? To pretend that invaders from central America would  have any thing but browner skin is idiocy (common from the left).

….but, carry on...….

You can't be as dumb as you sound ... can you?

2 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

…...and what exactly seemed "dumb" to you????????/ Specifically please.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

6 hours ago, warbird said:

You are kind of a fuckwad and a racist. Do you think for just a moment, a second really, that a caravan from Guetemala will be Nordic or Scandanavian? To pretend that gang invaders from central America would  have any thing but browner skin is idiocy (common from the left). Ignoring reality is a forte of the left.

….but, carry on...….

Warpedbirdtroll.thumb.png.1f4d36ff166681508a72fd9a32305ab8.png

• Downvote 2

18 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Respectfully, READ.  The gas tax was the tipping point.  There are a host of issues they are complaining about.  All seem to center around income disparity.  Notably the tax break the rich got and they didn't.  Don't know about you, but I got a tax cut in my pension (it is nice, but I ain't a millionaire).  Macron's austerity measures are falling on the working class.  If the French are like the Italians I met last month, they have a latent dislike of the influx of migrants.  The newest immigrants are taking "their" jobs.

As others said, Donnie never came out anti-gay, or anti-minority.  In fact, the maid who was interviewed in the NYT commented on his rather generous tips when she fixed up his room (please not sarcasm she sounded like a decent woman).   FWIW- I don't trust the Clintons any further than I can through my boat!

On 12/10/2018 at 4:43 PM, mad said:

That some assholes are so ignorant that they feel the need to such bullshit regardless of the real world. 

As proven by you in 2 posts in an hour. 

How long have you lived in France