Bristol-Cruiser

Kushner should resign

In any proper administration, Kushner should resign in disgrace after reports have emerged that he was giving advice to MBS about what to do after the murder of the journalist. Of course this is nothing like a proper administration. Does Kushner not understand whose team he plays for? I thought he was reasonably bright but he might be as dumb, and unprincipled, as the rest of this gang.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/08/world/middleeast/saudi-mbs-jared-kushner.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

What exact position should he resign from?

Just curious to know what that would be. Not sure he has an actual position, does he? Like Special Envoy to the Middle East or something?

Senior Advisor To The President (it's a job and he gets paid) with a top secret security clearance.

• Like 2

My favorite comment from that New York Times article. 

Deirdre
New JerseyDec. 8

The Kushners are the poster children for why people deeply in debt should not be part of any administration.

7 Replies1000 Recommend
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

In any proper administration, Kushner should resign in disgrace after reports have emerged that he was giving advice to MBS about what to do after the murder of the journalist. Of course this is nothing like a proper administration. Does Kushner not understand whose team he plays for? I thought he was reasonably bright but he might be as dumb, and unprincipled, as the rest of this gang.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/08/world/middleeast/saudi-mbs-jared-kushner.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Because the NYT runs an anonymously sourced story claiming he had some undefined communication with MBS?

Dog, lets assume for the sake or argument that Kushner did do this, are you happy having him in the admin?

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

Because the NYT runs an anonymously sourced story claiming he had some undefined communication with MBS?

Did you read the article? They confirmed the story with 5 count em, 5 sources. This is the New York Times baby, not Faux news.

3 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Yes, but this is Dog, not some patriotic citizen.

Snuffling around, finding any and every way to excuse the actions of this criminal enterprise.

28 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Dog, lets assume for the sake or argument that Kushner did do this, are you happy having him in the admin?

It's not like he used email or anything similarly nefarious.  

Lock him up!

Family will be last to leave the White House.

As obvious - Republicans do not give a fuck what wrong the Trumps do. I've been pilloried for saying that; the 'pubes prove me right every day. Even the "uncooperative ones" are being pliant bitches - just look at Rand "Trump committed paperwork error campaign finance violations" paul

3 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

How about we don't assume anything when calling for someone's resignation like you did?

2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Snuffling around, finding any and every way to excuse the actions of this criminal enterprise.

What actions did I find a way to excuse genius?

2 hours ago, Lifted Tack said:

Did you read the article? They confirmed the story with 5 count em, 5 sources. This is the New York Times baby, not Faux news.

Who are they and what did they confirm about the content of Kushner's comminications with MBS?

4 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I dunno...resign out of shame for being naive as much as anything else. Jared is only 35 and has no experience. He appears to have been deemed and easy mark by the Sauds.

"A jew much in love with Israel and borderline megalomaniac with no experience? Let's tell him we will solve the Palestinian issue in a way Netanyahu will love and we will give him all the credit." 

"You really think he would fall for that shit?" 

"Look who is father in law is." 

"I'm on it!" 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

How about we don't assume anything when calling for someone's resignation like you did?

You really can't bear even a hypothetical that something might be wrong, can you? 

There are more "experts" these days than ever, this thread is one of thousands. "Concerned citizens" happy to draw strongly held conclusions based on whatever limited second and third hand information they last read, often clearly from only biased sources. I quit playing that game long ago, but knock yourselves out. 95% of the threads here are pure partisan nonsense. About 5% of the population can hold up their end in a discussion beyond parroting headlines and soundbites. "Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up."

Can you remember the last time anyone here changed their opinion even slightly?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grrr... said:

You really can't bear even a hypothetical that something might be wrong, can you? 

The title of the thread is "Kushner should resign". Do you think it right to call for his resignation based on what you characterize as a hypothetical?

4 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Does Kushner not understand whose team he plays for?

Of course he does - Team Trump.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Who are they and what did they confirm about the content of Kushner's comminications with MBS?

Don't know and don't care. The NYT is a thoroughly professional journal. They wouldn't run such a story if they couldn't verify the it. And they did. With five sources. I bet you wouldn't believe Woodward or Bernstein without knowing the identity of Deep Throat. That's not how it works,  and you know it, so stop Doggy styling.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

The title of the thread is "Kushner should resign". Do you think it right to call for his resignation based on what you characterize as a hypothetical?

Given the history of the man, and the circumstances surrounding the issue.... "YES".

When you lie with dogs, you get fleas. Kushner had fleas before, but now he's what a dog might call..... Infested.

2 hours ago, MidPack said:

There are more "experts" these days than ever, this thread is one of thousands. "Concerned citizens" happy to draw strongly held conclusions based on whatever limited second and third hand information they last read, often clearly from only biased sources. I quit playing that game long ago, but knock yourselves out. 95% of the threads here are pure partisan nonsense. About 5% of the population can hold up their end in a discussion beyond parroting headlines and soundbites. "Don't bother me with the facts, my mind is made up."

Can you remember the last time anyone here changed their opinion even slightly?

Every source is biased.

Do you have a point to your post? Other than appearing to run interference for an entitled, spoiled, stupid brat who's happy to play with US security, policy, and our future to line his own pocket?

The Kushner-MBS dialogue/manipulation story has been amply well reported. This is an impact of that relationship, and it is fully within bounds for citizens of this nation to resent the intrusion of a debt-ridden, inexperienced nepotism child into American's significant foreign policy decisions. The fact that Jared has had enormous debt relieved by the benevolent actions of Qatar's sovereign fund and that the Trump organization has complicated, and heretofore opaque business dealings in the middle east should create concern in any patriot. 

We deserve to know how loyal our elected leaders are to our nation, and what loyalty or cooperation has been purchased by foreign governments or state actors. Having nepotism and business dealings intertwined with official policy creates far too much opportunity for malfeasance, and violation of ethical obligations should apply to this administration as any other. They seem, however, to act with impunity and casual disregard for guidelines which have been in force since the signing of the Constitution. 

Only blind partisan loyalty could encourage supporting this administration's mixing of business and politics in this fashion. Patriots are pissed.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Every source is biased.

Do you have a point to your post? Other than appearing to run interference for an entitled, spoiled, stupid brat who's happy to play with US security, policy, and our future to line his own pocket?

Ever changed your mind in any meaningful way on any topic in any thread? 

Indictments are coming down this week.  Prediction: Trump will tweet like a little bitch, and Dog will disappear.  

5 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Indictments are coming down this week.  Prediction: Trump will tweet like a little bitch, with Muellers fist up her ass, and Dog will disappear.  

FIFY

2 hours ago, MidPack said:

Yes. More often from information included in the thread these days than the utterly unpersuasive arguments produced by the rightwing. 

Just trying to figure out what irritated you so much about this thread in particular? Is it because it embodies the cronyism, corruption and double standard of the Trump administration in a single person? I would never be allowed to revise a security clearance application as much as Jared has. No Democratic administration would be allowed to keep such an obvious security risk. And yet Jared sails on.

14 hours ago, phillysailor said:

The Kushner-MBS dialogue/manipulation story has been amply well reported. This is an impact of that relationship, and it is fully within bounds for citizens of this nation to resent the intrusion of a debt-ridden, inexperienced nepotism child into American's significant foreign policy decisions. The fact that Jared has had enormous debt relieved by the benevolent actions of Qatar's sovereign fund and that the Trump organization has complicated, and heretofore opaque business dealings in the middle east should create concern in any patriot. 

We deserve to know how loyal our elected leaders are to our nation, and what loyalty or cooperation has been purchased by foreign governments or state actors. Having nepotism and business dealings intertwined with official policy creates far too much opportunity for malfeasance, and violation of ethical obligations should apply to this administration as any other. They seem, however, to act with impunity and casual disregard for guidelines which have been in force since the signing of the Constitution. 

Only blind partisan loyalty could encourage supporting this administration's mixing of business and politics in this fashion. Patriots are pissed.

I appreciate your concern but we're talking about a call for his resignation here so can you give us something more tangible? You know, some actual quid pro quo.

Do you think he should resign?

4 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Indictments are coming down this week.  Prediction: Trump will tweet like a little bitch, and Dog will disappear.  

ROFLMAO!  I bet you are right!!

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

I appreciate your concern but we're talking about a call for his resignation here so can you give us something more tangible? You know, some actual quid pro quo.

Do you think DJT wishes he never ran for President?  When ego consumes common sense...disaster.   This is not going to be pretty.  

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

Kushner's appointment should never have passed security check in the first place. He is blatantly for sale and works for himself and TrumpCo, not the country.

Tangible..... long list starting with attempting to have a secret channel for communicating with the Russian oligarchs (ie Russian gov't), playing butt-buddy with MbS is just the latest

13 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Do you think DJT wishes he never ran for President?  When ego consumes common sense...disaster.   This is not going to be pretty.  

I think Donald Trump ran for President because it was a natural stunt for his "reality show" brand. He insulted his way to the Presidency; he had no intention of actually doing the job of President, didn't pay any attention to his briefings (other than some security tidbits he could sell), didn't make any preparation for office, and is basically flailing around yelling insults and grubbing money.

-DSK

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Kushner's appointment should never have passed security check in the first place. He is blatantly for sale and works for himself and TrumpCo, not the country.

Tangible..... long list starting with attempting to have a secret channel for communicating with the Russian oligarchs (ie Russian gov't), playing butt-buddy with MbS is just the latest

I think Donald Trump ran for President because it was a natural stunt for his "reality show" brand. He insulted his way to the Presidency; he had no intention of actually doing the job of President, didn't pay any attention to his briefings (other than some security tidbits he could sell), didn't make any preparation for office, and is basically flailing around yelling insults and grubbing money.

-DSK

I hope the fucker dies in jail.  But that's me.  

18 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

I don't remember who suggested it first, but many think that running was a stunt to raise his public status, in order to negotiate higher fees for his reality TV shows.  He never thought he would win, but his ego wouldn't let him ever show it.

EDIT:  I am with Cal20 and hope the fucker rots in jail!

4 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I don't remember who suggested it first, but many think that running was a stunt to raise his public status, in order to negotiate higher fees for his reality TV shows.  He never thought he would win, but his ego wouldn't let him ever show it.

EDIT:  I am with Cal20 and hope the fucker rots in jail!

The problem with this is the precedent it sets, and the impact on this country long-term.

What will Trump fans think of their boi going to jail? Look at how many people said "Nixon just did what all politicians do" and resented his ouster, and how much of the current Republican leadership's hatred and spite is due to this. Will they jail a Democrat President, for any imagined pretext, next time the pendulum swings?

Whatever Trump is guilty of, there are too many people who will never accept it. Civil war, just shoot them all? Messy, uncertain outcome, and an even more certain destruction of the USA as we know it. I see putting him under informal house arrest as a much much better alternative, no matter how much I despise the political necessity of letting -any- President be "above the law."

-DSK

"Every source is biased."

Not true. Every source has a point of view but not necessarily a bias.

Bias

Inclination or prejudice for or against one person or group, especially in a way considered to be unfair.

Prejudice

preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Civil war, just shoot them all?

But think how the mean IQ would jump!

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

The problem with this is the precedent it sets, and the impact on this country long-term.

What will Trump fans think of their boi going to jail? Look at how many people said "Nixon just did what all politicians do" and resented his ouster, and how much of the current Republican leadership's hatred and spite is due to this. Will they jail a Democrat President, for any imagined pretext, next time the pendulum swings?

Whatever Trump is guilty of, there are too many people who will never accept it. Civil war, just shoot them all? Messy, uncertain outcome, and an even more certain destruction of the USA as we know it. I see putting him under informal house arrest as a much much better alternative, no matter how much I despise the political necessity of letting -any- President be "above the law."

-DSK

Comey agreed with you in a very recent interview paraphrasing that he thought the only way to peacefully get through this is to vote Trump out of office in 2020 as 1/3 of the nation will feel it was a coup(?) otherwise.  I am really hoping that a decent Republican (is there such a thing?) that can stand up to the juvenile insults slung from Trump,  primaries him and wins.  The names being thrown around by the Democrats I fear do not have a chance.  Beto?  no way.  Biden? Not a chance. Warren has already given him too much anti Warren material, besides, she really rubs people the wrong way.  A successful governor or mayor of a large city would probably be best bet.

I also fear that Trump has forever changed the way the campaigns will be run, and not for the better.  He has redefined what is acceptable.

3 minutes ago, bridhb said:

Comey agreed with you in a very recent interview paraphrasing that he thought the only way to peacefully get through this is to vote Trump out of office in 2020 as 1/3 of the nation will feel it was a coup(?) otherwise.  I am really hoping that a decent Republican (is there such a thing?) that can stand up to the juvenile insults slung from Trump,  primaries him and wins.  The names being thrown around by the Democrats I fear do not have a chance.  Beto?  no way.  Biden? Not a chance. Warren has already given him too much anti Warren material, besides, she really rubs people the wrong way.  A successful governor or mayor of a large city would probably be best bet.

I also fear that Trump has forever changed the way the campaigns will be run, and not for the better.  He has redefined what is acceptable.

Well said and I agree 1000%.  Trump has taught honest, successful people to not run.  

49 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

"Whatever Trump is guilty of"...That says it all. Fucking bizzaro world here where one is deemed guilty before the crime is known. And you guys think it's the other who are betraying American values.

Just now, Dog said:

"Whatever Trump is guilty of"...That says it all. Fucking bizzaro world here where one is deemed guilty before the crime is known. And you guys think it's the other who are betraying American values.

I feel the same way about those chants to "lock up" Hillary.  You know, the chants that your boy starts and encourages.

I don't remember you giving that a little more than a "Meh".  You sure as shit didn't react with "Fucking bizzaro world..."

Just now, Dog said:

He's already well known to be guilty of selling US policy, money laundering, fraud, lying under oath (when he said he would "protect and defend the US Constitution"), and obstructing justice..... "whatever Trump is guilty of" was a lot shorter to type

Aside from that, a guy who likes to shout LOCKER HER UP doesn't have a lot of wiggle room saying that -his- guy should get the benefit of any doubt (of which there really isn't much).

-DSK

5 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

He's already well known to be guilty of selling US policy, money laundering, fraud, lying under oath (when he said he would "protect and defend the US Constitution"), and obstructing justice..... "whatever Trump is guilty of" was a lot shorter to type

Aside from that, a guy who likes to shout LOCKER HER UP doesn't have a lot of wiggle room saying that -his- guy should get the benefit of any doubt (of which there really isn't much).

-DSK

Let's just take the first one, selling US policy...Do tell.

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I feel the same way about those chants to "lock up" Hillary.  You know, the chants that your boy starts and encourages.

I don't remember you giving that a little more than a "Meh".  You sure as shit didn't react with "Fucking bizzaro world..."

Well you remember wrong I did say the "lock her up' shit was wrong. Do you think deeming Trump guilty before we know what he is guilty of is wrong? I ask because I dont remember you giving it more than a "Meh".

2 minutes ago, Dog said:
8 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Let's just take the first one, selling US policy...Do tell.

Pay attention to what is going on around you, maybe you wouldn't seem like such a dishonest shill for a con man's attempt to form a dictatorship

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.1c4bb7e50095

And there's been at least one similar incident every month, or more often, since President Trump became the Republican nominee.

"LOCK HER UP"

-DSK

Just now, Dog said:

Well you remember wrong I did say the "lock her up' shit was wrong. ...    ...    ...

Cite

-DSK

1 minute ago, Steam Flyer said:

Pay attention to what is going on around you, maybe you wouldn't seem like such a dishonest shill for a con man's attempt to form a dictatorship

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/2017/05/15/530c172a-3960-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?utm_term=.1c4bb7e50095

And there's been at least one similar incident every month, or more often, since President Trump became the Republican nominee.

"LOCK HER UP"

-DSK

Behind a pay wall...Give me the short version.

1 minute ago, Dog said:

Behind a pay wall...Give me the short version.

No it wasn't .... but here.....

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

-DSK

2 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

No it wasn't .... but here.....

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

-DSK

Got one with known sources and which includes the quid pro quo you allege?

3 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yeah, lots. You won't accept them either, though.

How about starting with a President that isn't a fucking con man?

-DSK

7 hours ago, MidPack said:

Nope.  He (and his alter ego @Raz'r ) are better informed, better educated, more enlightened, more compassionate and just better in every meaningful way than any right-winger.  Why should he/they change his/their mind(s)?

Probably better looking too...

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

You know as well as anyone that an active investigation doesn't reveal that kind of information. These repeated assertions of no evidence do add up over time, what happens when Mueller finally releases all this information? Where does Dog go then? 

I have a feeling you are headed for a cruise.

Just now, badlatitude said:

You know as well as anyone that an active investigation doesn't reveal that kind of information. These repeated assertions of no evidence do add up over time, what happens when Mueller finally releases all this information? Where does Dog go then? 

What information?  Do you have someone inside Mueller's team telling you what evidence they have?  Yes or no?

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

Nah, too much bother plus it would require acknowledging reality.

They'll insist he was framed, that it was all a libby-rull Fake News plot, and continue the hate-spew yattering until their next right-wing messiah (emphasis on "mess") comes along.

Who was it that said "When a Trump supporter demands that you give them facts, they don't want the facts. They want to waste your time and make you mad, to prove to themselves that they're justified in hating you" or words to that effect

-DSK

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, J28 said:

What information?  Do you have someone inside Mueller's team telling you what evidence they have?  Yes or no?

Enough has been leaked to conclude the President has implicated himself in a felony.

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nah, too much bother plus it would require acknowledging reality.

They'll insist he was framed, that it was all a libby-rull Fake News plot, and continue the hate-spew yattering until their next right-wing messiah (emphasis on "mess") comes along.

Who was it that said "When a Trump supporter demands that you give them facts, they don't want the facts. They want to waste your time and make you mad, to prove to themselves that they're justified in hating you" or words to that effect

-DSK

We have a different set of reality than our right wing brethren. When Donald Trump is finally handcuffed and led out of the White House, there will be tears and some pee to deal with. I hold no grudge, I will send pampers to J28, Dog, and JZK.

I don't want Kush to resign, it will be much better to bring the bus and take the group out all at once.  Better photo op for sure.

22 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I see you haven't applied the Dog Plame Standard to the problem.

There's been no conviction, therefore no crime was committed.

Ergo, if there's no crime, there's no need for an investigation.

It's how Doggy styles.

2 minutes ago, Remodel said:

I see you haven't applied the Dog Plame Standard to the problem.

There's been no conviction, therefore no crime was committed.

Ergo, if there's no crime, there's no need for an investigation.

It's how Doggy styles.

Denial worked before, not anymore.

There were 96+ contacts with Russia-linked operatives, not just 14 https://themoscowproject.org/explainers/trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-with-russia-linked-operatives/

20 minutes ago, badlatitude said:
25 minutes ago, J28 said:

Enough has been leaked to conclude the President has implicated himself in a felony.

Nah, Obama committed a campaign finance violation too. Of course, his crime did not involve a hostile foreign gov't and he admitted guilt (weakness!)  and paid a fine; but still..... he was guilty, lock him up, and whatabout whatabout whatabout just proves the Trump is our rightfully annointed overlord, as far as they're concerned.

Just now, badlatitude said:

Denial worked before, not anymore.

There were 96+ contacts with Russia-linked operatives, not just 14 https://themoscowproject.org/explainers/trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-with-russia-linked-operatives/

So, is Jeff Sessions with his angry declaration to Congress "There are none!" going to jail? Certainly a lot of egg on his face, at least

Be interesting to see which side Brother Lindsey shakes out on.... keep sucking Putin's dick by proxy, or bail and resume his maverick-with-a-limp-wrist-and-a-southern-accent schtick?

-DSK

7 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

Mueller giving the nation and the world a Christmas present?

3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Mueller giving the nation and the world a Christmas present?

Well, they did ask for the investigation to be concluded.

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Nah, Obama committed a campaign finance violation too. Of course, his crime did not involve a hostile foreign gov't and he admitted guilt (weakness!)  and paid a fine; but still..... he was guilty, lock him up, and whatabout whatabout whatabout just proves the Trump is our rightfully annointed overlord, as far as they're concerned.

So, is Jeff Sessions with his angry declaration to Congress "There are none!" going to jail? Certainly a lot of egg on his face, at least

Be interesting to see which side Brother Lindsey shakes out on.... keep sucking Putin's dick by proxy, or bail and resume his maverick-with-a-limp-wrist-and-a-southern-accent schtick?

-DSK

I think Lindsey got ahold of some Russian Pac money too. He'll be busy answering a lot of questions in the near future.

10 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

What crime are you talking about involving a hostile foreign government?

2 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I think Lindsey got ahold of some Russian Pac money too. He'll be busy answering a lot of questions in the near future.

That would explain Lindey's about face from "Never Trump'er" to "Trump Fluffer."

Just now, Raz'r said:

That would explain Lindey's about face from "Never Trump'er" to "Trump Fluffer."

Accepting Russian cash is not illegal, but the influence it buys can be. We will find out, and Lindsey will love jail.

1 hour ago, Dog said:
1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Well you remember wrong I did say the "lock her up' shit was wrong. Do you think deeming Trump guilty before we know what he is guilty of is wrong? I ask because I dont remember you giving it more than a "Meh".

Is there something you don't understand regarding my comment I bolded, above?  This response was to your comment - "Whatever Trump is guilty of"...That says it all. Fucking bizzaro world here where one is deemed guilty before the crime is known. And you guys think it's the other who are betraying American values."

Now, regarding my feelings about Mme. Clinton - I have been quite vocal in my opposition.  I never gave it a "Meh".  I also extended the same "show me the crime" you are demanding for President Trump.  

Do you need me to explain it further?

IIRC more than 3 dozen people went to prison over Watergate.

Will Mueller top that?

1 minute ago, SloopJonB said:

Will Mueller top that?

If he does, you can bet President Trump will find a way to brag about it.

19 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Will Mueller top that?

The magic 8-ball says 

"Yes"

20 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Is there something you don't understand regarding my comment I bolded, above?  This response was to your comment - "Whatever Trump is guilty of"...That says it all. Fucking bizzaro world here where one is deemed guilty before the crime is known. And you guys think it's the other who are betraying American values."

Now, regarding my feelings about Mme. Clinton - I have been quite vocal in my opposition.  I never gave it a "Meh".  I also extended the same "show me the crime" you are demanding for President Trump.  

Do you need me to explain it further?

Yes...It's still not clear to me that you have corrected those who deem Trump to be guilty without knowing the crime. Did I miss it? 

Just now, Dog said:

Yes...It's still not clear to me that you have corrected those who deem Trump to be guilty without knowing the crime. Did I miss it? 

You mean the un-indicted co-conspirator, Individual #1?

I think the first indictments to be unsealed, assuming he leaves office A) while still alive and B)before the Statute of Limitations runs out (so no 2nd term), will be related to the hush payments.

I don't believe Justice will indict a sitting Prez. And before you start the doggie dance, a sealed indictment doesn't mean there wasn't a crime committed.

48 minutes ago, Dog said:

[another pro-Trump lie]

Where is your cite of yourself objecting to the chants "Lock Her Up" ??

-DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

In Political Anarchy....GO

2 minutes ago, Dog said:
3 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

In Political Anarchy....GO

Dog made a funny, Dog made a funny...... trying to pretend he isn't just a Trumpette liar

-DSK

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

I was not aware that it is my responsibility to do that, nor that it is your responsibility to monitor my doing that.  Did I miss that?

Mind you, I am not one to pile on that wagon.  Feel free to interpret that as you wish.

Finally, pardon me if I don't meet with your approval.

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I was not aware that it is my responsibility to do that, nor that it is your responsibility to monitor my doing that.  Did I miss that?

Mind you, I am not one to pile on that wagon.  Feel free to interpret that as you wish.

Finally, pardon me if I don't meet with your approval.

Dude ....It was you that cited my response to the anti Hillary "lock her up chanting". I know how you like to flaunt your own evenhandedness so I returned the favor by giving you an opportunity to show how you had responded to those who deem Trump guilty without even knowing the crime. Still waiting for that BTW.

6 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Yes. More often from information included in the thread these days than the utterly unpersuasive arguments produced by the rightwing. 

Just trying to figure out what irritated you so much about this thread in particular? Is it because it embodies the cronyism, corruption and double standard of the Trump administration in a single person? I would never be allowed to revise a security clearance application as much as Jared has. No Democratic administration would be allowed to keep such an obvious security risk. And yet Jared sails on.

I'd love to see an example, I suspect you haven't changed your mind in any substantial way. My point is that 95% of the posts here are just parroting, even advanced parroting of canned left and right wing views - by people who are absolutely convinced they are right and the other side is wrong, couldn't possibly be any other POV. That's nonsense. The my side is opened minded and the other side is closed minded is a farce.

And while you're sure Kushner is a criminal here, do you hold your beloved liberals to the same standard, the Clintons for example.

I am not saying anything good about Trump or his admin, didn't vote for him, don't support him. But to act like the left is a bunch of angels is pure nonsense. Liberals and conservatives here are quick to blast any perceived fault with their opponents, while turning a blind eye to their own. What is the point of that?

But don't worry, I don't wade into the waste of time forum often. It could be a good place for thoughtful, provocative discussion - but's those voices are drowned out by partisan morons of both stripes. Carry on...

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

Dude ....It was you that cited my response to the anti Hillary "lock her up chanting". I know how you like to flaunt your own evenhandedness so I returned the favor by giving you an opportunity to show how you had responded to those who deem Trump guilty without even knowing the crime. Still waiting for that BTW.

Dude, I'll give it a shot.  That said, I have no doubt it won't rise to the level of outrage you expect.

"Ahem.  (is this thing on?)  What's the difference? Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether people were unfairly mean to President Trump, or took a few liberties with regard to whether or not he is guilty until proven innocent—we were/did. [winks at Dog] But you can't hold me responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole PA posting system? And if the whole PA posting system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our political institutions in general? I put it to you, Dog: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to me, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!"

4 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Dude, I'll give it a shot.  That said, I have no doubt it won't rise to the level of outrage you expect.

"Ahem.  (is this thing on?)  What's the difference? Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether people were unfairly mean to President Trump, or took a few liberties with regard to whether or not he is guilty until proven innocent—we were/did. [winks at Dog] But you can't hold me responsible for the behavior of a few, sick perverted individuals. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole PA posting system? And if the whole PA posting system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our political institutions in general? I put it to you, Dog: isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do what you you want to me, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America. Gentlemen!"

You forgot the part about how your wife has a modest coat of good libby-rull cloth and how Checkers thinks you're a nice guy

-DSK

26 minutes ago, MidPack said:

And while you're sure Kushner is a criminal heree, do you hold your beloved liberals to the same standard, the Clintons for example.

If you want Trump to succeed you should want Kushner gone. He's sloppy, stupid, supports Trumps dumbest urges/worst impulses - like firing comey, mbs love, a secret back channel to Russia, all while lining his pockets. That you are so angry over criticism of him suggests you are just another partisan assclown too.

And the Clintons are gone. Done. Finished. They need to disappear from public life until they have something useful to contribute. They are not relevant, but god damn the right wing can't let them go.

51 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Thanks Otter

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

This is not an imagined pretext.

Certainly he's not a violent (physically) offender, but he is a threat to society. An ankle bracelet monitor, and a court order to stay 100' from any woman not related to him, as well as anger management counseling, and no internet, or social media contact, would be enough for the short term.

1 hour ago, MidPack said:

And while you're sure Kushner is a criminal here, do you hold your beloved liberals to the same standard, the Clintons for example.

I am not saying anything good about Trump or his admin, didn't vote for him, don't support him. But to act like the left is a bunch of angels is pure nonsense. Liberals and conservatives here are quick to blast any perceived fault with their opponents, while turning a blind eye to their own. What is the point of that?

48 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If you want Trump to succeed you should want Kushner gone. He's sloppy, stupid, supports Trumps dumbest urges/worst impulses - like firing comey, mbs love, a secret back channel to Russia, all while lining his pockets. That you are so angry over criticism of him suggests you are just another partisan assclown too.

And the Clintons are gone. Done. Finished. They need to disappear from public life until they have something useful to contribute. They are not relevant, but god damn the right wing can't let them go.

So you were so anxious to work in “partisan assclown” you couldn’t read past what you quoted to include what immediately followed?

It’s in our best interest for every admin to succeed, regardless of party. Grasping at every potential mistake that suits your bias, especially today where there’s more opinion journalism than news, is sad - and on full display here.

I’m biased against mindless partisans, not liberals or conservatives as a knee jerk reaction like too many here...

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, MidPack said:

So you were so anxious to work in “partisan assclown” you couldn’t read past what you quoted to include what immediately followed?

It’s in our best interest for every admin to succeed, regardless of party. Grasping at every potential mistake that suits your bias, especially today where there’s more opinion journalism than news, is sad - and on full display here.

I’m biased against mindless partisans, not liberals or conservatives as a knee jerk reaction like too many here...

No.  It is not. 

Sometimes it is necessary for an administration to fail.  When an administration actively advocates the destruction of the environment, ignores the rule of law and is apparently beholden to a foreign power, it is important for the safety, security and future of the country for that administration to fail. Miserably.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, MidPack said:

What does the left have to do with the subject of this thread? You've got 3 posts where you can't deal with the subject of the thread, you just bash the people responding to it. You are saying something about this administration - that you'd rather bash it's critics than face up to wrong doing.

If you were truly biased against mindless partisans - you wouldn't have chosen this hill to die on.

13 minutes ago, MidPack said:

... It’s in our best interest for every admin to succeed, regardless of party. ...

This is seriously misguided, regardless of party.

On December 9, 2018 at 8:04 AM, Bristol-Cruiser said:

In any proper administration Kushner never would have been hired in the first place.

• Like 1