Sign in to follow this  
Remodel

At Least 14 Trump Campaign Officials Had Contacts With Russians During Campaign

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/russians-interacted-with-at-least-14-officials-tied-to-the-trump-campaign-kLvGE_zdPEiqXsykMnOPKQ/

When Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said in November 2016 that “a whole array” of Trump campaign members were open to contacts with Russia during President Donald Trump’s bid for the Oval Office, the Trump campaign came back with a denial.

But in the time since, through investigative reporting and court filings by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, it has come to light that at least 14 people associated with Trump’s campaign and transition engaged with Russians.

• Donald Trump Jr. - Trump’s son, Trump Organization executive vice president
  • Ivanka Trump - Trump’s daughter, White House adviser
  • Jared Kushner - Trump’s son-in-law, former campaign liaison to foreign governments
  • Michael Cohen - former Trump Organization executive vice president
  • Felix Sater - real estate developer
  • George Papadopoulos - former foreign policy adviser
  • Paul Manafort - former campaign chair
  • Carter Page - former campaign adviser
  • Jeff Sessions - former campaign adviser
  • Michael Flynn - former campaign adviser
  • J.D. Gordon - former campaign adviser
  • Roger Stone - longtime Trump confidante
  • Michael Caputo - former campaign adviser
  • Rick Gates - former campaign adviser

Full article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/russians-interacted-with-at-least-14-trump-associates-during-the-campaign-and-transition/2018/12/09/71773192-fb13-11e8-8c9a-860ce2a8148f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e5d27e9a3508

The claim was met with a hail of denials. Hope Hicks, then Trump’s top spokeswoman, responded, “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

After Trump took office, in February 2017, he reiterated the denial. “No. Nobody that I know of,” the president told reporters when asked whether anyone who advised his campaign had contact with Russia. “I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.”

It is now clear that wasn’t true.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't wait to hear the Doggy Styling on this one.

Thats a shitload of Russians, most people in the US have never met a real live Russian from Russia. 

Lot of Russians hanging with the Magas, what is this, a Russiafest?

Russians fucking everywhere...

It’s really hard to remember meeting with Russians. People are forgetful in every campaign. It’s not illegal. And if it is they didn’t do it. 

There were 96+ contacts with Russia-linked operatives, not just 14

"On January 6, 2017, the U.S. intelligence community issued a report that showed there were two campaigns to elect Donald Trump: one run by Trump and one run by the Russian government. Trump and many of his senior advisors and close associates have repeatedly denied any connections between the two campaigns, despite the fact that they were working towards the same goal, at the same time, and utilizing the same tactics. 

Yet over the past year, we’ve learned about a series of meetings and contacts between individuals linked to the Russian government and Trump’s campaign and transition team. In total, we have learned of 96 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia linked operatives, including at least 27 meetings. And we know that at least 27 high-ranking campaign officials and Trump advisors were aware of contacts with Russia-linked operatives during the campaign and transition. None of these contacts were ever reported to the proper authorities. Instead, the Trump team tried to cover up every single one of them. 

Why were there so many meetings? What was discussed in them? More importantly, why did Trump and his camp lie about them, including to federal law enforcement? What are they hiding? 

The American people deserve answers. 

Below is a comprehensive chronological list of the contacts that have been discovered to date and the lies Trump’s campaign, transition, and White House told to hide them. 

https://themoscowproject.org/explainers/trumps-russia-cover-up-by-the-numbers-70-contacts-with-russia-linked-operatives/

58 minutes ago, Remodel said:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm more curious about where Pence was during all this.

And why Sessions isn't getting a stripey sun tan at the iron bar hotel for his angry declaration "There are none!"

But hey, this is a nothingburger right? It's Fake News, a witch hunt, no collusion!

-DSK

Pence, as a career politician, seems to be much shrewder about shielding himself behind a layer of plausible deniability.  He's just waiting for evidence Trump found something that goes against Republican mores.   The list of taboos keeps being shortened.

• Conspiracy with a foreign power.
  • Election fraud
  • Fiscal responsibility
  • Soft on Russia
  • Treason
  • Fraud
  • Sex with a professional sex worker
  • Sex outside of marriage
  • Nonconsensual sex acts
  • Sex with another man
  • Emails for official business
  • Conflicts of interest
  • Campaign Finance Violations
  • Failure to protect the half percenters
  • Failure to protect the gun industry
  • Failure to protect the defense industry
  • Retreating from one of the "forever" wars.
  • Lying to the people
  • Lying to Congress
  • Lying to law enforcement.
  • Not being pro law and order.
  • Not hiding racism.
  • Collusion with Democrats
  • Not supporting Free Trade
  • Not supporting US business needs

It appears the Republicans are down to half a dozen core beliefs.   I expect it to drop to three by the next election.  

1 hour ago, Lark said:

Pence, as a career politician, seems to be much shrewder about shielding himself behind a layer of plausible deniability.  He's just waiting for evidence Trump found something that goes against Republican mores.   The list of taboos keeps being shortened.

• Election fraud
  • Fiscal responsibility
  • Soft on Russia
  • Treason
  • Fraud
  • Nonconsensual sex acts
  • Sex with another man
  • Conflicts of interest
  • Lying to the people
  • Lying to Congress
  • Not hiding racism.

It appears the Republicans are down to half a dozen core beliefs.   I expect it to drop to three by the next election.  

I'm expecting one: win at all costs.

And a corollary: if you do lose, salt the earth on your way out of office (eg: NC, MI, WI)

Pence is as dirty, if not more so than Trump...... Flynn didn't lie to pence, he was confirming what Pence already knew.

1 hour ago, Lark said:

• Election fraud
  • Fiscal responsibility
  • Soft on Russia
  • Treason
  • Fraud
  • Nonconsensual sex acts
  • Sex with another man
  • Conflicts of interest
  • Lying to the people
  • Lying to Congress
  • Not hiding racism.

That one's OK, as long as it occurs in airport toilets.

2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

I'm more curious about where Pence was during all this.

And why Sessions isn't getting a stripey sun tan at the iron bar hotel for his angry declaration "There are none!"

But hey, this is a nothingburger right? It's Fake News, a witch hunt, no collusion!

-DSK

And Sessions as AG Recused himself from the Russia investigation was that a move to distance himself from the fallout, that he would know was coming?

and I wonder if the investigation uncovered any obstruction on his part, god this is worse than a soap opera.

42 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

And Sessions as AG Recused himself from the Russia investigation was that a move to distance himself from the fallout, that he would know was coming?

and I wonder if the investigation uncovered any obstruction on his part, god this is worse than a soap opera.

Sessions' testimony to Congress, and his faulty memory, would have been a good bit of leverage to get him to cooperate.  

2 hours ago, Lark said:

• Election fraud
  • Fiscal responsibility
  • Soft on Russia
  • Treason
  • Fraud
  • Nonconsensual sex acts
  • Sex with another man
  • Conflicts of interest
  • Lying to the people
  • Lying to Congress
  • Not hiding racism.

This one is fine too, it comes under the time-honored phrase "declare victory and go home."

Right after that other time-honored phrase, "It was necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."

-DSK

5 hours ago, Remodel said:

https://mavenroundtable.io/theintellectualist/news/russians-interacted-with-at-least-14-officials-tied-to-the-trump-campaign-kLvGE_zdPEiqXsykMnOPKQ/

When Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov said in November 2016 that “a whole array” of Trump campaign members were open to contacts with Russia during President Donald Trump’s bid for the Oval Office, the Trump campaign came back with a denial.

But in the time since, through investigative reporting and court filings by special counsel Robert Mueller’s office, it has come to light that at least 14 people associated with Trump’s campaign and transition engaged with Russians.

• Donald Trump Jr. - Trump’s son, Trump Organization executive vice president
  • Ivanka Trump - Trump’s daughter, White House adviser
  • Jared Kushner - Trump’s son-in-law, former campaign liaison to foreign governments
  • Michael Cohen - former Trump Organization executive vice president
  • Felix Sater - real estate developer
  • George Papadopoulos - former foreign policy adviser
  • Paul Manafort - former campaign chair
  • Carter Page - former campaign adviser
  • Jeff Sessions - former campaign adviser
  • Michael Flynn - former campaign adviser
  • J.D. Gordon - former campaign adviser
  • Roger Stone - longtime Trump confidante
  • Michael Caputo - former campaign adviser
  • Rick Gates - former campaign adviser

Full article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/russians-interacted-with-at-least-14-trump-associates-during-the-campaign-and-transition/2018/12/09/71773192-fb13-11e8-8c9a-860ce2a8148f_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e5d27e9a3508

The claim was met with a hail of denials. Hope Hicks, then Trump’s top spokeswoman, responded, “It never happened. There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign.”

After Trump took office, in February 2017, he reiterated the denial. “No. Nobody that I know of,” the president told reporters when asked whether anyone who advised his campaign had contact with Russia. “I have nothing to do with Russia. To the best of my knowledge, no person that I deal with does.”

It is now clear that wasn’t true.

I have Russian clients. I talk to them two or three times a week.

50 minutes ago, Dog said:

OK, now come back in a month and deny everything, like Donnie does. Not being a reader, I'm sure he thinks the words go away when he closes a book.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Hide the good silver

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Do you lie about the reason for talking with them?  

Then, when caught in the lie, change your story to a different lie?

Lather, Rinse, Repeat. 

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:
2 hours ago, Dog said:

Hide the good silver 

They should demand a refund of your fees - you're a piss poor troll for them.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 4:37 PM, Dog said:

Are you running for office? Are you accepting campaign contributions from them.