Sign in to follow this  
Mid

Trump will resign 10 minutes before term ends

Washington Post columnist predicts Trump will resign 10 minutes before term ends so Pence can pardon him

Washington Post columnist Jennifer Rubin is predicting that President Trump will make a last-ditch effort to avoid indictment as he leaves office.

Speaking on MSNBC's "AM Joy" on Sunday, the frequent Trump critic said that she thinks the president will resign minutes before the end of his term.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/washington-post-columnist-predicts-trump-will-resign-10-minutes-before-term-ends-so-pence-can-pardon-him/ar-BBQMmCm?li=AAgfYrC&ocid=mailsignout

Wishful thinking, perhaps.

Suppose a TeamD President is inaugurated and this hasn't happened and Trump is to be prosecuted.

Great. Whether you wanted that to be your priority and the lead news item every day or not, it will be. I think that if I were that TeamD Prez, I'd pardon him just to make him go away.

I can see Pence pardoning Trump but I can't see it going down that way.  

Pence only pardon's trump on HIS way - Pence's - to either running for president or being president - meaning Trump has won re-election.

If you're Pence, WHY would you give Trump the last second pardon?  Because TRUMP wants it?  Fuck Trump.  Your Pence, as ambitious and as much of a political critter as any of them.  He hasn't put up with all this bullshit for two years just to become 'the guy that pardoned Trump' unless there's something in it for him and 10 minutes of warming the chair isn't enough - it's not NEARLY enough.

We cross the Pence-pardon-rubicon when Pence doesn't see any upside in granting the pardon.  That comes right before the convention at the latest or right after the election (pending the outcome).

But if Trump REALLY is the 'Art of the Deal' guy, he knows when to cut bait and he hands off the presidency late next year.  Pence pardons Trump and then gets to run through the primary gauntlet with Trump's supporters still liking him (he pardon't their guy) but he gets to beat back the ill-prepared challengers and claim legitimacy as 'the new reformed republicans' before the election in 2020.

3 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Pence only pardon's trump on HIS way - Pence's - to either running for president or being president - meaning Trump has won re-election.

If you're Pence, WHY would you give Trump the last second pardon?  Because TRUMP wants it?  Fuck Trump.  Your Pence, as ambitious and as much of a political critter as any of them.  He hasn't put up with all this bullshit for two years just to become 'the guy that pardoned Trump' unless there's something in it for him and 10 minutes of warming the chair isn't enough - it's not NEARLY enough.

We cross the Pence-pardon-rubicon when Pence doesn't see any upside in granting the pardon.  That comes right before the convention at the latest or right after the election (pending the outcome).

But if Trump REALLY is the 'Art of the Deal' guy, he knows when to cut bait and he hands off the presidency late next year.  Pence pardons Trump and then gets to run through the primary gauntlet with Trump's supporters still liking him (he pardon't their guy) but he gets to beat back the ill-prepared challengers and claim legitimacy as 'the new reformed republicans' before the election in 2020.

Way more logical than the scenario JR came up with.

I would think that his donaldness's cut bait moment would be if his kids become the target

father of the year claims to follow, naturally

• Like 1

Ford went into his first election with the Nixon pardon hanging around his neck in addition to a down economy and got his head handed to him by a peanut farmer. I don't think that lesson would be lost on Pence.

As long as state and International crimes hang over his head, it seems a pardon wouldn't solve Trump's problem. I can see a resignation making the federal crimes go away, but Trump would never settle for a deal where he doesn't get everything. 

2 hours ago, hermetic said:

I would think that his donaldness's cut bait moment would be if his kids become the target

father of the year claims to follow, naturally

He'd throw them under the bus in a heartbeat.

Nothing and no-one matters to Trump except Trump.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

He can resign after January so President Pence can rule for 10 years.

You say that like having a raving Christian fundamentalist running the USA is a good thing.

He thinks it would be.

As long as he has an R after his name.

10 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Not a bad scenario to think about, if your name is Mike Pence. I'd say that he might like it to go down that way. However, I think there are two things that this fails to take into consideration:

1. Trumpy is too egotistical and too stupid to ever consider resigning. I suspect he's going to be literally dragged out of the Whitehouse, unable to admit that he either:
    1. has been impeached (it was a witch hunt)
    2. lost the primary to another candidate (the primaries were rigged by the Republican deep state)
    3. lost the election (the election was rigged by the Democrat deep state)
  2. Pence was head of the transition team. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't fully aware, at least, of what was going on with campaign finance violations and/or Russian involvement. I suspect that he's going to be implicated every bit as much as anybody else. So the real question is whether or not President Pelosi is going to pardon Trumpy and Pence.

The best punishment for Trump would be never ending legal bills, confiscate his passport, and ignore his public rants.

The real worry is that before handing over power, the Republicans study how it went in Michigan and Wisconsin and change federal rules so that democratic institutions and trust in them are irrevocably harmed. 

We are getting to the point of Hatfield and McCoys, and the black hats have been winning. They purge voters, they gerrymander, they throw out ballots and they lie to constituents. Their leader is an unindicted co-conspirator and they are ignoring science while the forests burn and oceans rise.

Note that NONE of what I have said is invective or conjecture.

Also note that their crazy bus seems to have no brakes. We are lurching from one violation to another of social and ethical norms. This is accelerating, with few cries for caution or wisdom being voiced and even fewer heeded.

Republicans are becoming the party of tyranny They are leading us to ruin while wrapped in the flag.

• Like 4

I’m not a Reich-winger but I’ll deny it if you triple dog dare me.

Get back to me ASAP.

2 minutes ago, J28 said:

I’m not a Reich-winger but I’ll deny it if you triple dog dare me.

Get back to me ASAP.

Puss puss isn't going to do shit besides sit in the corner and cry.

• Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Also note that their crazy bus seems to have no brakes. We are lurching from one violation to another of social and ethical norms. This is accelerating, with few cries for caution or wisdom being voiced and even fewer heeded.

Was getting a BJ from and diddling a 21 year old intern with a cigar just outside the Oval Office a violation of social and ethical norms?

12 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Puss puss isn't going to do shit besides sit in the corner and cry.

if this was the real world and you got all stupid like you do here, you'd get your sloppy, bitch as beat down, and you'd deserve it. you're the dankest asshole of the reichwing contingent here in these forums.

2 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

if this was the real world and you got all stupid like you do here, you'd get your sloppy, bitch as beat down, and you'd deserve it. you're the dank asshole of the reichwing contingent here in these forums.

Still waitin’ for you to get back to me 3.  

2 minutes ago, J28 said:

I told you puss puss isn't going to say shit.

• Downvote 1

hahahahahaha you keyboard tough guys are a riot

How could a pardon for Trump be granted when he would not be convicted at that point?  You can't pardon someone who is under indictment.

Good question, but like about 90% of the threads in PA, this is just another hypothetical wet dream in which the liberals get to vent their anger and frustration at the election of Trump.

It’s  cathartic for them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

How could a pardon for Trump be granted when he would not be convicted at that point?  You can't pardon someone who is under indictment.

Well, something similar happened for Nixon, no?

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Well, something similar happened for Nixon, no?

I guess you are right. Had no idea.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/five-myths/five-myths-about-presidential-pardons/2018/06/06/18447f84-69ba-11e8-bf8c-f9ed2e672adf_story.html?utm_term=.b1a514d9e4e7

2 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

already did, and meant every word.

To this puss puss?

50 minutes ago, J28 said:

Yeah that is right, you didn't. Try again puss puss.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

To this puss puss?

Yeah that is right, you didn't. Try again puss puss.

you mentioned 'prison island' in a post you just deleted and inserted this gibberish instead. what'd you do, rape your neighbors poodle while wearing your maga hat? 

you disgusting piece 'a shit..

13 hours ago, Mid said:

Derangement on steroids. 

• Like 1

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtszZYEhbufHF6_pwKRwq

10 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

you mentioned 'prison island' in a post you just deleted and inserting this gibberish instead. what'd you do, rape your neighbors poodle while wearing your maga hat?

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

you mentioned 'prison island' in a post you just deleted and inserted this gibberish instead. what'd you do, rape your neighbors poodle while wearing your maga hat? 

5F138A29-A93E-4AD8-A74D-E9B72C0EADA0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, SailBlueH2O said:

why bother to post hollow presumptions? you're another moron.

3 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

falls back on the 'fag' thing, left for dead.

0548f307922bd6a377adabf0cf0062fc7762ba-v

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3to1 said:

Eat a dick fag boy

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

Well, I can see the discourse here has gotten better.

1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

a post you just deleted

tells all one needs to know :rolleyes:

51 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Well, I can see the discourse here has gotten better.

discourse? how does that work when rightwing fartbags say down is up??

it's fkg preposterous, and the clowns are humored here. PA is the new Mad Magazine.

5 hours ago, aA said:

hahahahahaha you keyboard tough guys are a riot

J28 and NG

image.png.dd0809c6dc8e976226f5ae3f810c6189.png

10 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:
10 hours ago, 3to1 said:

Eat a dick fag boy

I'm thinking you know a lot about that.

2 hours ago, random said:

I'm thinking you know a lot about that.

ask 3 to 1....he can service 3 bubba's @ a time hence his screen name

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Really?  And you don't see just how applicable every one of these is to both parties?  Therein lies your problem.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Democrats Unveil Constitutional Amendment Preventing Trump From Pardoning Himself and Family

“Presidents should not pardon themselves, their families, their administration or campaign staff,” Cohen said in a statement. “This constitutional amendment would expressly prohibit this and any future president, from abusing the pardon power.”

https://hillreporter.com/democrats-unveil-constitutional-amendment-preventing-trump-from-pardoning-himself-and-family-20091

1 hour ago, Mid said:

Democrats Unveil Constitutional Amendment Preventing Trump From Pardoning Himself and Family

https://hillreporter.com/democrats-unveil-constitutional-amendment-preventing-trump-from-pardoning-himself-and-family-20091

Until Trump, you would have read this story on the Onion.  

On 12/11/2018 at 2:41 PM, Ishmael said:

You say that like having a raving Christian fundamentalist running the USA is a good thing.

Pence may be up to his eyeballs in the Russian treason.  Bring on Pelosi and watch brains explode!

Just now, hasher said:

Pence may be up to his eyeballs in the Russian treason.  Bring on Pelosi and watch brains explode!

Does anyone know what happens if/when Pelosi takes over?  Certainly not a long term solution.  How would a VP be assigned?  And if a Dem VP takes that office then Pelosi could resign...crazy.   

I have a very vivid dream life.

1 hour ago, Mid said:

I'm hoping that the Dems have magically become smarter.  Introduce a shitload of bills that the majority of the population would readily support and then keep Trumpeting the lack of the GOP to act on behalf of the American public.  If done correctly, it could be effective.  This is one example.  A sitting President has never pardoned a family member or himself, so who cares.  Go along with it and claim you are working across the aisle.  

Right, when monkeys fly out of my butt.  

On 12/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, J28 said:

Was getting a BJ from and diddling a 21 year old intern with a cigar just outside the Oval Office a violation of social and ethical norms?

Fucking A it was, slick!

Everything Trump touches dies!  (I would say everything Trump touches gets fucked......)  Who in his administration, for example, doesn’t understand this?  Catatonic Pence?

https://www.amazon.com/Everything-Trump-Touches-Dies-Wilson/dp/1508265402/ref=asc_df_1508265402/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312734685832&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16474786600263857553&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033781&hvtargid=pla-627390818637&psc=1

’Fun’ read....

Although Michel Houellebecq has a piece in the latest Harper’s entitled ‘Donald Trump is a Good President’.  Those of you who read Harper’s won’t be surprised, but those of you that don’t..might be......:lol::lol::lol::lol:.  

January 2019 issue.  Buy it if you dare!  Harper’s with a typically dark peek into the future. :)

19 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

I'm hoping that the Dems have magically become smarter.  Introduce a shitload of bills that the majority of the population would readily support and then keep Trumpeting the lack of the GOP to act on behalf of the American public.  If done correctly, it could be effective.  This is one example.  A sitting President has never pardoned a family member or himself, so who cares.  Go along with it and claim you are working across the aisle.  

Right, when monkeys fly out of my butt.  

Bill Clinton pardoned his brother Roger who was convicted of cocaine possession.