Sign in to follow this  
Mid

"Hell Yeah!"

Untitled.jpg.0d4ab496dbbb634f836923932e90b143.jpg

• Like 2

Actually BB, I hate to disappoint you but the Democrats of Lincoln are now Republicans.  Yeah, I know, heads exploding.

As to the list, add Erik Prince and a band of thieves. 

4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Actually BB, I hate to disappoint you but the Democrats of Lincoln are now Republicans. 

Don't confuse him like that. He isn't even really certain about what millennium he lives in.

5 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Actually BB, I hate to disappoint you but the Democrats of Lincoln are now Republicans.  Yeah, I know, heads exploding.

How many times have we had this discussion?

It appears some folks prefer to remain uninformed.

And, wrong.

bottemless Pinocchios..............

8 hours ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.0d4ab496dbbb634f836923932e90b143.jpg

Hey Mid. Don't get too excited. Yeah a lot of these people did crappy things but will it actually make a difference? What I want to see is how the Dems will try to address the problems of those who voted for Trump. Of course that doesn't make the news so the Ocasio, Sanders, Pelosi cabal have no interest in doing that.

44 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Hey Mid. Don't get too excited. Yeah a lot of these people did crappy things but will it actually make a difference? What I want to see is how the Dems will try to address the problems of those who voted for Trump. Of course that doesn't make the news so the Ocasio, Sanders, Pelosi cabal have no interest in doing that.

You can't fix stupid.

30 minutes ago, Ishmael said:
1 hour ago, Rum Runner said:

You can't fix stupid.

Indeed.  Those who ignore or consider irrelevant the problems of the people who did vote for Trump are just a different kind of stupid. 

• Like 1

Maybe the dems will be too busy addressing the problems of those that voted for them?

Trump voters voted for trump to fix their problems. Maybe they should ask him?

Democracy,  it's not really for dummies.

7 hours ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Dt3B3VMUcAASTVU.jpg:large

The current republican party wouldn't let Abe even get close to the front door.  And yes, the parties have completely flipped philosophies since then. 

(If you can call happily selling out the environment and the rule of law for a few more Russian dollars a philosophy.)

7 hours ago, d'ranger said:

The Democrats of Lincoln are dead.

• Like 1

Just now, Dog said:

The Democrats of Lincoln are dead.

and that says everything about the GOP of today. RIP   Today was considering starting a thread about the political divide. Been watching Ken Burns "Vietnam War" series and it brings up the civil rights movement to the anti war protests - that time period of late 50's to early 70's wrought tremendous change and division to the American people, including the implementation of the Southern Strategy which you continue to ignore.  I don't think you were living here then, I am old enough to have seen all of this first hand. 

There are some things that are basic truths and you seem unable or unwilling to grasp or accept them.  Doesn't change what is and has happened.

10 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

and that says everything about the GOP of today. RIP   Today was considering starting a thread about the political divide. Been watching Ken Burns "Vietnam War" series and it brings up the civil rights movement to the anti war protests - that time period of late 50's to early 70's wrought tremendous change and division to the American people, including the implementation of the Southern Strategy which you continue to ignore.  I don't think you were living here then, I am old enough to have seen all of this first hand. 

There are some things that are basic truths and you seem unable or unwilling to grasp or accept them.  Doesn't change what is and has happened.

No, I wasn't living here then but I know that with one notable exception the Dixicrats remained Democrats and continued to be elected by Democrats. I know that Democrat Jimmy Carter swept the south after the purported realignment. I know that the Republican party never adopted the racist segregationist policies of the Democrats. I know that Republicans in congress were more supportive of the Civil Rights act than were Democrats.

26 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Maybe the dems will be too busy addressing the problems of those that voted for them?

Trump voters voted for trump to fix their problems. Maybe they should ask him?

Democracy,  it's not really for dummies.

Ya know - if they actually try to do something like that, instead of offering programs and platitudes that to date have done more to keep the lower class low, I'll be very happy to congratulate the legislative and social success.   This comment isn't intended to suggest that the Rs have been successful at doing this in the past 20 years either, I think BOTH parties have sold a pile of crap, and I'm tired of paying for it.  "Vote D" ain't an answer anymore than "MAGA" is - the country at large needs to continue to strive for improvement - and quit looking at others with different priorities as the reason that their personal flavor of improvement isn't happening.  We need to recognize that there are indeed valid national legislative priorities, national security is important, and that individual economic security plays a significant role.   

For any of that to happen?  We all gotta realize that when our Congress makes a shit sandwich? We ALL take a bite.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dog said:

No, I wasn't living here then but I know that with one notable exception the Dixicrats remained Democrats and continued to be elected by Democrats. I know that Democrat Jimmy Carter swept the south after the purported realignment. I know that the Republican party never adopted the racist segregationist policies of the Democrats. I know that Republicans in congress were more supportive of the Civil Rights act than were Democrats.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 was proposed by JFK. It was strengthened by a Democratic Senate and only passed after Kennedy's assassination with bipartisan support. Johnson used JFK's death as a rallying cry for passage. Southern conservatives (Democrats plus one Republican) opposed.

http://www.dirksencenter.org/print_basics_histmats_civilrights64_contents.htm

Johnson said Democrats lost the South for a generation by passing it and indeed the South has become a Republican stronghold.

17 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Ya know - if they actually try to do something like that, instead of offering programs and platitudes that to date have done more to keep the lower class low, I'll be very happy to congratulate the legislative and social success.   This comment isn't intended to suggest that the Rs have been successful at doing this in the past 20 years either, I think BOTH parties have sold a pile of crap, and I'm tired of paying for it.  "Vote D" ain't an answer anymore than "MAGA" is - the country at large needs to continue to strive for improvement - and quit looking at others with different priorities as the reason that their personal flavor of improvement isn't happening.  We need to recognize that there are indeed valid national legislative priorities, national security is important, and that individual economic security plays a significant role.   

For any of that to happen?  We all gotta realize that when our Congress makes a shit sandwich? We ALL take a bite.  

I agree. An effective government is a popular government!

But, neither of us live in a dictatorship. The process of government and the built in conflict generally stops any effective government.

When the stars align and one party controls all the houses, the result is either timidity or arrogance, depending on your politics.

As an example, i believe obamacare is an essential step in improving health care affordability yet others consider it rammed through government and forced upon them.

Conflicting opinions aren't going anywhere, especially when an individuals pockets are lined because of them.

1 hour ago, Dog said:

You know what was then, not so much on what is now. 50% is not a passing grade. sorry.

edit: pretty sure we have beaten this dead horse before but perhaps you can explain why the deep south states have voted Republican since then with Carter as the only exception.  And in those deep south states ( I include Texas for this discussion) white working class vote Republican by a huge majority. Prior to the Civil Rights act and implementation of the Southern Strategy these along with most white working class Americans voted Democratic. 

I am the eternal optimist.....

:D

“If you Google the word ‘idiot’ under images, a picture of Donald Trump comes up. How would that happen? How does search work so that that would occur?”

— Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), quoted by the Washington Post, in a question to Google chief executive Sundar Pichai.

3 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Indeed.  Those who ignore or consider irrelevant the problems of the people who did vote for Trump are just a different kind of stupid. 

It's cute you still think it's economic anxiety.

11 hours ago, Sean said:

:D

“If you Google the word ‘idiot’ under images, a picture of Donald Trump comes up. How would that happen? How does search work so that that would occur?”

— Rep. Zoe Lofgren (D-CA), quoted by the Washington Post, in a question to Google chief executive Sundar Pichai.

Listening to the Congresscritters question the Tech folks completely underscores the fact they are dinosaurs (more so than me) and need basic stuff explained to them.

Kinda funny. Kinda sad. 

15 hours ago, d'ranger said:

You know what was then, not so much on what is now. 50% is not a passing grade. sorry.

edit: pretty sure we have beaten this dead horse before but perhaps you can explain why the deep south states have voted Republican since then with Carter as the only exception.  And in those deep south states ( I include Texas for this discussion) white working class vote Republican by a huge majority. Prior to the Civil Rights act and implementation of the Southern Strategy these along with most white working class Americans voted Democratic. 

I am the eternal optimist.....

I agree that southern white working class voters migrated to the Republican party but what we hear constantly is that it was the racists that switched parties and that the Republican party became what the racist Democratic party had been. I see no evidence of that but It's a real coup if you can pull it off. Foisting your own repugnant history off on your adversaries.

17 hours ago, Dog said:

Really?

Was Jimmy Carter a Dixiecrat?

-DSK

36 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Really?

Was Jimmy Carter a Dixiecrat?

-DSK

Yes really, and no Carter was not a Dixiecrat.

17 hours ago, Dog said:

OK so what was the one notable exception? You know that Jesse Helms was a Democrat when he started his illustrious career? Phil Gramm? Trent Lott? Maybe you're thinking John Tower is the exception, he started out as a Republican?

As an architect, you do numbers, right? How about checking on that "more Republicans than Democrats supported Civil Rights" thing and get back to us.

If your ideas were any good, you wouldn't have to lie all the time to try to support them.

-DSK

Not exactly. Strom Thurmond switched parties. Jesse Helmes switched parties. Mills Godwin switched parties. Latterly, Richard Shelby switched parties.

Civil rights stalwarts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

Yes really, and no Carter was not a Dixiecrat.

Oh and Dog, how about that cite I asked you for. Quoting yourself ought to be pretty quick 'n easy..... if you're not lying

-DSK

9 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

OK so what was the one notable exception? You know that Jesse Helms was a Democrat when he started his illustrious career? Phil Gramm? Trent Lott? Maybe you're thinking John Tower is the exception, he started out as a Republican?

As an architect, you do numbers, right? How about checking on that "more Republicans than Democrats supported Civil Rights" thing and get back to us.

If your ideas were any good, you wouldn't have to lie all the time to try to support them.

-DSK

I said Dixiecrat not Democrat. The notable exception would be Strom Thurman.

Just now, Dog said:

I said Dixiecrat not Democrat. The notable exception would be Strom Thurman.

So, who were all the dixiecrats who stayed Democrat?

I would consider any politician who made segregation a keystone of his policies as a dixiecrat regardless of whether they formally joined that doomed party. A lot of Democrats who switched (like Phil Gramm) were not really segregationists (although Phil blew the dog whistle several times in his campaigns). Jesse Helms was blatantly racist and used to scream about goddam niggers long long after it became uncool even among KKK'ers.

Trying to deny pretty obvious and well known history is just going to make you look like a d-d-dumbass. You'd be far better to try lying about something else

Now then, on to other unfinished business

On 12/10/2018 at 1:42 PM, Dog said:
On 12/10/2018 at 1:41 PM, Steam Flyer said:

Where is your cite of yourself objecting to the chants "Lock Her Up" ??

-DSK

In Political Anarchy....GO

So, where is this cite? Just another lie? You're trying for Bottomless Pinnoccio Award?

-DSK

17 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Oh and Dog, how about that cite I asked you for. Quoting yourself ought to be pretty quick 'n easy..... if you're not lying

-DSK

"But now the unsubstantiated cries of guilt are coming from the other side and they are no less repugnant than "lock her up"... Dog

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/181762-did-michael-flynn-just-flip-on-donald-trump/&

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

I agree that southern white working class voters migrated to the Republican party but what we hear constantly is that it was the racists that switched parties and that the Republican party became what the racist Democratic party had been. I see no evidence of that but It's a real coup if you can pull it off. Foisting your own repugnant history off on your adversaries.

Gee, you get right to the edge and then stop. I give up, there is no correlation between Ds and Rs just because the members changed parties.

Just now, d'ranger said:

Gee, you get right to the edge and then stop. I give up, there is no correlation between Ds and Rs just because the members changed parties.

The members didn't change parties, some members did and the platforms did not. The Republican party did not morph into the racist segregationist party as many would want us to believe.

31 minutes ago, Dog said:
49 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

"But now the unsubstantiated cries of guilt are coming from the other side and they are no less repugnant than "lock her up"... Dog

http://forums.sailinganarchy.com/index.php?/topic/181762-did-michael-flynn-just-flip-on-donald-trump/&

Good!

You told the truth for once

Congratulations.

-DSK

7 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Good!

You told the truth for once

Congratulations.

-DSK

And you showed yourself to be a dick...Fuck off

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Cyndi Hyde-Smith? Anyways, this is just you arguing because it's what you do. Lie and argue.

4 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Listening to the Congresscritters question the Tech folks completely underscores the fact they are dinosaurs (more so than me) and need basic stuff explained to them.

Kinda funny. Kinda sad. 

Zoe Lofgren doesn't need it explained to her. 

2 hours ago, Dog said:

The members didn't change parties, some members did and the platforms did not. The Republican party did not morph into the racist segregationist party as many would want us to believe.

Who said the platforms changed? The working class white voters changed, especially in the south. Blue states became red. That is a fact. This started with the Civil rights act pushed through by LBJ.  The 2 big things the GOP realized and capitalized on to attract the lower/middle class white guys was:

drum roll please

1. Southern Strategy

2. Courting Evangelicals

I am done here, it can't be laid out more simply than that.  There was no overt "Come join us, we are the racist party" but there were efforts to attract them to the GOP.  The End.

edit: It's just a coincidence that white supremacists and racists are now in the Republican party. Something so weird it is impossible to understand.  Now I am done. 

Why did Strom Thurmond change parties, and what major legislation did the democRATS enact near that time?

Will the answer keep Maria Butina from talking to the feds?  

1 hour ago, Dog said:

And you showed yourself to be a dick...Fuck off

I showed you a mirror

And I have a lot of stuff I want to do today, in the real world; but that's not the same "fucking off" so...... no, sorry

-DSK

4 hours ago, Dog said:

I agree that southern white working class voters migrated to the Republican party but what we hear constantly is that it was the racists

I work in the south.  I have had a man say to me blacks don't have souls.  He cited scripture.  Racism is real.  The repukelicans use it to get elected.

7 minutes ago, hasher said:

I work in the south.  I have had a man say to me blacks don't have souls.  He cited scripture.  Racism is real.  The repukelicans use it to get elected.

"Racism is real"....duh!

6 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

Kinda funny. Kinda sad. 

One of those called to testify  said in an interview (NPR or CNN, no name or context, I was driving for work) yesterday that she was frustrated because those in charge with regulating science in technology are so illiterate in the things they control.   

19 minutes ago, Lark said:

One of those called to testify  said in an interview (NPR or CNN, no name or context, I was driving for work) yesterday that she was frustrated because those in charge with regulating science in technology are so illiterate in the things they control.   

finding people who know about science & technology who'll bullshit the Republicanparty line that climate change doesn't exist and pollution doesn't matter is hard.

this was the judiciary committee though.

1 minute ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

finding people who know about science & technology who'll bullshit the Republicanparty line that climate change doesn't exist and pollution doesn't matter is hard.

this was the judiciary committee though.

Ah.  I was in the car for about 10 minutes and didn't get the full story.    Its odd how the Republican party has become so anti science but odder yet how they are gradually becoming anti technology, in a hypocritical and erratic fashion.   They love high tech rail guns for navy ships.   They hate money for basic research.    They love government spending on weapons.   They hate government spending to understand the universe around us.   They will spend billions for protection against hypothetical engineered biological agents.  THey cut spending for preventative medicine.    They love computer models of human behavior used to gerrymander districts and selectively discriminate against uncooperative demographics that might vote, but hate computer models of climate behavior that will predict the future we create.   

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dog said:

"Some members did" oh yeah, a lot (pardon the pun). Shucks I listed a half dozen off the top of my head without really trying to remember. Helms is an easy one for me because I happened to be present about a dozen times when he was giving speeches and I think once or twice he might not have ranted about how we have to keep the n&&&&&&s in their place etc etc but racism was always one of his platform planks.

Then you said "the Republican party did not morph into the racist segregationist party" which is at least partially true; back when it was the party of businessmen who liked Ike, Jim Crow was a good way to keep wages down but they didn't make a lot of noise about. Sort of a gentlemen's agreement. They certainly welcomed the Southern racists when the big switch began

-DSK

4 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

"Some members did" oh yeah, a lot (pardon the pun). Shucks I listed a half dozen off the top of my head without really trying to remember. Helms is an easy one for me because I happened to be present about a dozen times when he was giving speeches and I think once or twice he might not have ranted about how we have to keep the n&&&&&&s in their place etc etc but racism was always one of his platform planks.

Then you said "the Republican party did not morph into the racist segregationist party" which is at least partially true; back when it was the party of businessmen who liked Ike, Jim Crow was a good way to keep wages down but they didn't make a lot of noise about. Sort of a gentlemen's agreement. They certainly welcomed the Southern racists when the big switch began

-DSK

While we cannot label the Republican Party the party of racists, we can say that is the party the racists prefer.

• Like 1

Same applies to stupid people.

image.png.5646a5d997082373a9fa8c08589af653.png

• Like 1