Sign in to follow this  
kent_island_sailor

Michael Cohen sentenced to three years in prison

Recommended Posts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/michael-cohen-scheduled-to-be-sentenced-for-crimes-committed-while-working-for-trump/2018/12/11/57226ff2-fcbf-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html?utm_term=.396fe8d1b054

NEW YORK — A federal judge on Wednesday sentenced President Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen to three years in prison for financial crimes and lying to Congress, as the disgraced former “fixer” apologized for his conduct but also said he felt it was his duty to cover up the “dirty deeds” of his former boss.

Cohen made an emotional, teary apology to U.S. District Judge William H. Pauley III, taking responsibility for crimes that included tax violations, lying to a bank, and buying the silence during the 2016 campaign of women who alleged affairs with the future president.

“My weakness could be characterized as a blind loyalty to Donald Trump,*” Cohen told the packed courtroom, standing at a podium where he would at times become emotional and pause to regain his composure.

 

* not the only one with that issue :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My weakness could be characterized as a blind loyalty to Donald Trump

As he did not come clean I think he got less than he should. Moreover, since he has no agreement he's still on the hook for other charges. He can rot. He'll be disbarred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Happens in every Administration.

Many people say so.

Belief me.

Obama!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

If that's a crime half of the Republicans in congress could go to jail too.

That is a quote from a Republican, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Amati said:

That is a quote from a Republican, no?

the new House minority leader, Kevin McCarthy. the GOP has a 1-2-3 lineup - a moron (mccarthy), the guy who was courting the white nationalists and got shot so people forgot (scalise), and cheney spawn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally unfair - Hillary was worse.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Totally unfair - Hillary was worse.

Agreed. Time to update the Liberal Bias List to include Republican Prosecutors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why he didn't tell them everything - and what was it that he wouldn't talk about?

Maybe something that would have fucked him up even more - like things not covered by his immunity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder why he didn't tell them everything - and what was it that he wouldn't talk about?

Maybe something that would have fucked him up even more - like things not covered by his immunity?

Something that would threaten his taxi medallions, perhaps?  As if the lawdogs aren’t going to get around to looking for them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder why he didn't tell them everything - and what was it that he wouldn't talk about?

Maybe something that would have fucked him up even more - like things not covered by his immunity?

cohen's been linked to a variety of thugs/criminals/mobsters - the kind of people who might fuck him up even more if he rated on them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

cohen's been linked to a variety of thugs/criminals/mobsters - the kind of people who might fuck him up even more if he rated on them.

Oh yeah - I forgot about this one;

image.png.9b1e7164595b2b83930230ba78e0890d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dog said:

He's naive...Those who lied to investigators in the Hillary investigation matter didn't get prison time, they got immunity.

You're right! The IT specialist who deleted Hillary's emails DID get immunity. Then he had to spill the beans. But apparently there weren't any beans to spill. By comparison, Cohen didn't get immunity and he didn't sign a plea agreement. And he hasn't spilled all the beans.

But he did say that your boy, Individual-1, directed him. Yeah, he spilled that bean.

I wonder if this has any bearing on why Individual-1 is have such a hard time hiring a Chief of Staff. Perks: nice office. Retirement benefits: prison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

You're right! The IT specialist who deleted Hillary's emails DID get immunity. Then he had to spill the beans. But apparently there weren't any beans to spill. By comparison, Cohen didn't get immunity and he didn't sign a plea agreement. And he hasn't spilled all the beans.

But he did say that your boy, Individual-1, directed him. Yeah, he spilled that bean.

And AMI spilled the bean about the conspiracy to commit a five year felony, but they and Pecker have immunity for that too. 

Are we up to “distort” on that, or are we still on “minimize”?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

And AMI spilled the bean about the conspiracy to commit a five year felony, but they and Pecker have immunity for that too. 

Are we up to “distort” on that, or are we still on “minimize”?

He might begrudge a "mislead".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

You're right! The IT specialist who deleted Hillary's emails DID get immunity. Then he had to spill the beans. But apparently there weren't any beans to spill. By comparison, Cohen didn't get immunity and he didn't sign a plea agreement. And he hasn't spilled all the beans.

But he did say that your boy, Individual-1, directed him. Yeah, he spilled that bean.

I wonder if this has any bearing on why Individual-1 is have such a hard time hiring a Chief of Staff. Perks: nice office. Retirement benefits: prison.

Not just him, what about Mills and Abden? They told investigators that they didn't know of the Hillary server they had used. Hillary herself said all government related emails had been returned to the government. I guess that's the difference between an investigation and a matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Oh yeah - I forgot about this one;

image.png.9b1e7164595b2b83930230ba78e0890d.png

That's a helluva watch Cohen's wearing...... And the hit man's watch is actually pretty nice looking..... Maybe a Patek Phillipe?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

 

"So now the Dems go to a simple private transaction, wrongly call it a campaign contribution,which it was not (but even if it was, it is only a CIVIL CASE, like Obama’s - but it was done correctly by a lawyer and there would not even be a fine."

Three years will be fine. 

:D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

280,000 paid to sway public perception of a candidate to help him win an election.

Under the table.

I lost a $50 bet to my MAGA brother on election night.  I think I should get it back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Career prosecutors here in New York have evidence that the president of the United States committed a felony by ordering and paying Michael Cohen to break the law,” Napolitano said while speaking on Fox News. “How do we know that? They told that to the federal judge. Under the rules, they can’t tell that to the federal judge unless they actually have that hardcore evidence. Under the rules, they can’t tell that to the federal judge unless they intend to do something with that evidence."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/421083-foxs-napolitano-we-learned-today-that-prosecutors-have-evidence-trump

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mike G said:

280,000 paid to sway public perception of a candidate to help him win an election.

Under the table.

I lost a $50 bet to my MAGA brother on election night.  I think I should get it back.

Those are the ones we know about. Pecker has immunity to talk about all of the ones in the AMI safe. National Enquirer. Figures. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mike G said:

Long video, but Napolitano make some good points.

Trump is so fucked, he should pay HIMSELF 130k.

Who is going to loan it to him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...this chart will need updating pretty frequently it seems.  Nothing but the biggest numbers for our *resident.

DtODoI8VsAAD3j_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who’s Flynn?  Oh, the National Security Adviser. What does he know about Russia?  No collusion. 

Email. Nancy still uses it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mike G said:

I lost a $50 bet to my MAGA brother on election night.  I think I should get it back.

Was one of you adopted?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I wonder why he didn't tell them everything - and what was it that he wouldn't talk about?

Maybe something that would have fucked him up even more - like things not covered by his immunity?

My suspicion is this actually worked the other way around.

He told Mueller a story.

Subsequently checked with Trump et al. "Holy fuck, you told them WHAT???"

Went back to Mueller: "All that stuff I said the other day was a lie."

Hence why they are throwing the book at him. Trump is getting off, these are the patsies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Well...this chart will need updating pretty frequently it seems.  Nothing but the biggest numbers for our *resident.

DtODoI8VsAAD3j_.jpg

It appears one team is really rackin' 'em up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dog said:

He's naive...Those who lied to investigators in the Hillary investigation matter didn't get prison time, they got immunity.

Nice Doggy style spin, I needed a laugh. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Battlecheese said:

My suspicion is this actually worked the other way around.

He told Mueller a story.

Subsequently checked with Trump et al. "Holy fuck, you told them WHAT???"

Went back to Mueller: "All that stuff I said the other day was a lie."

Hence why they are throwing the book at him. Trump is getting off, these are the patsies.

Why would they do it?

Why would anyone go to prison for the shitstain? What's in it for them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Why would they do it?

Why would anyone go to prison for the shitstain? What's in it for them?

Because that’s the best option available? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

It’s a good thing they don’t have the bookkeeper cooperating. 

Oh yeah. Um. Never mind.

Et tu bookkeeper...et tu?? 

 giphy-1-1539835030.gif?crop=0.84375xw:1x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, benwynn said:

It appears one team is really rackin' 'em up.

209 to 3 in the criminal indictment category.

Seems like a fair split.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Left Shift said:

209 to 3 in the criminal indictment category.

Seems like a fair split.  

The vote was gerrymandered. It was a rigged Witch Hunt. The dog ate my homework.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ishmael said:

The vote was gerrymandered. It was a rigged Witch Hunt. The dog ate my homework.

And barfed it up, I bet.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Amati said:
28 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

The vote was gerrymandered. It was a rigged Witch Hunt. The dog ate my homework.

And barfed it up, I bet.......

That would explain the nonsensical crap we see Dog try out here when the shit hits the fan for Team GOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mad said:

Nice Doggy style spin, I needed a laugh. :lol:

Unfortunately that's not spin. There is a world of difference between how Clinton was investigated and how Trump is being investigated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dog said:

Unfortunately that's not spin. There is a world of difference between how Clinton was investigated and how Trump is being investigated.

I think it is more that Mr. and Mrs. Clinton are criminal masterminds. Despite being investigated more times than I can count, nothing is ever found. They seem to commit felonies at will and kill off numerous people and no one can catch them! Despite owning all 3 branches of government and one major network, the Republicans hardly scratched Bill and can't even get a glove on Hillary. Face it Dog: They are too smart for your gang to catch. They are probably doing 300 crimes TODAY and getting away with it :lol: Just a few more hearing though.............

ahab_s_end_by_2headedmonster-d6fatw5.jpg

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I think it is more that Mr. and Mrs. Clinton are criminal masterminds. Despite being investigated more times than I can count, nothing is ever found. They seem to commit felonies at will and kill off numerous people and no one can catch them! Despite owning all 3 branches of government and one major network, the Republicans hardly scratched Bill and can't even get a glove on Hillary. Face it Dog: They are too smart for your gang to catch. They are probably doing 300 crimes TODAY and getting away with it :lol: Just a few more hearing though.............

ahab_s_end_by_2headedmonster-d6fatw5.jpg

 

No one can catch them, please...do you really think an FBI director who writes Hillary's exoneration months before the conclusion of his "investigation" is trying to catch her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thread is about Michael Cohen. Dog can't stop obsessing about Hillary. I know some people are into the old, scary crone thing but for the love of God man, try to keep your weird fetish private. It's grossing us out how much you need her in your life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See - she has him under her thumb! Of course she can't be caught! She even ran for president once against a Russian controlled operative and all around general felon and she had the FBI take care of that real quick and ease her right into the Oval Office................oh wait :rolleyes:

BTW - please let us know how much jail time Ivanka is going to get for her emails.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Thread is about Michael Cohen. Dog can't stop obsessing about Hillary. I know some people are into the old, scary crone thing but for the love of God man, try to keep your weird fetish private. It's grossing us out how much you need her in your life. 

Can’t you see it?  Hillary is a shape shifter!

:o

Dog is trying to warn us!  

His online persona is a ruse! 

Thank you Dog!  

Thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Oh yeah - I forgot about this one;

image.png.9b1e7164595b2b83930230ba78e0890d.png

Who can link to the underworldly details of Mr. Cohen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Who can link to the underworldly details of Mr. Cohen?

Google could, if it wasn’t so busy trying to link the Pride of the GOP to idiocy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

See - she has him under her thumb! Of course she can't be caught! She even ran for president once against a Russian controlled operative and all around general felon and she had the FBI take care of that real quick and ease her right into the Oval Office................oh wait :rolleyes:

BTW - please let us know how much jail time Ivanka is going to get for her emails.

Don't take it from me then, here's a Clinton advisor's take....If you dare.

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/383166-comeys-last-stand-for-the-deep-state

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dog said:

Don't take it from me then, here's a Clinton advisor's take....If you dare.

 https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/383166-comeys-last-stand-for-the-deep-state

Read it. I remain unconvinced. Was the fact he once worked for Hillary meant to make his opinion, assumptions, and multiple unsubstantiated claims somehow more important than verifiable fact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Read it. I remain unconvinced. Was the fact he once worked for Hillary meant to make his opinion somehow more important than the facts?

You are not instrumental in, or really even relevant to, the decision making process. As such, your opinion isn't relevant"....Bent Sailor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dog said:

You are not instrumental in, or really even relevant to, the decision making process. As such, your opinion isn't relevant"....Bent Sailor 

What decision making process? What decision? Are you OK, Dog? Taken your meds today? You're making even less sense than usual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mad said:
10 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Why would they do it?

Why would anyone go to prison for the shitstain? What's in it for them?

Because that’s the best option available? 

if you have go to white collar prison, otisville is the place to go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

What decision making process? What decision? Are you OK, Dog? Taken your meds today? You're making even less sense than usual.

Dog thinks that Republicans investigating Republicans is just SO unfair. Wait till the Dems get a chance!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Dog thinks that Republicans investigating Republicans is just SO unfair. Wait till the Dems get a chance!

What strikes me as unfair is that for the same offense Hillary  associates  get immunity and Trump associates go to jail.

  • Downvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dog said:

What strikes me as unfair is that for the same offense Hillary  associates  get immunity and Trump associates go to jail.

Who did Hillary fuck and who did she direct to pay that person hush money?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Who did Hillary fuck and who did she direct to pay that person hush money?

Now THERE is an image I'd like to erase from my mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Read it. I remain unconvinced. Was the fact he once worked for Hillary meant to make his opinion, assumptions, and multiple unsubstantiated claims somehow more important than verifiable fact?

When did Comey ever work Hillary?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bent Sailor said:

Read it. I remain unconvinced. Was the fact he once worked for Hillary meant to make his opinion, assumptions, and multiple unsubstantiated claims somehow more important than verifiable fact?

Only if he never emailed her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Dog said:

What strikes me as unfair is that for the same offense Hillary  associates  get immunity and Trump associates go to jail.

Bullshit. Hillary lost, get over it. Your fucking whataboutism is really irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dog said:

What strikes me as unfair is that for the same offense Hillary  associates  get immunity and Trump associates go to jail.

get some Beaudreaux's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Bullshit. Hillary lost, get over it. Your fucking whataboutism is really irritating.

Sadly it's not bullshit. Hillary associates who lied to investigators and got immunity. Trump associates who lied to investigators and got jail.

That's what you should find irritating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dog said:

Sadly it's not bullshit. Hillary associates who lied to investigators and got immunity. Trump associates who lied to investigators and got jail.

That's what you should find irritating.

Fine, start a Hillary thread and stop trying to derail any thread that finds fault with your Lord and Master. We'll see how many people want to play your game besides the other trolls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Fine, start a Hillary thread and stop trying to derail any thread that finds fault with your Lord and Master. We'll see how many people want to play your game besides the other trolls.

So - the number of people who agree with your position is the primary factor in determining the correctness of that position?   Sounds like something someone else would say, and many people are saying so.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Dog said:

Sadly it's not bullshit. Hillary associates who lied to investigators and got immunity. Trump associates who lied to investigators and got jail.

That's what you should find irritating.

It's crazy ain't it? I mean, Republican investigators should give Dems MORE heat than Repubs, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So - the number of people who agree with your position is the primary factor in determining the correctness of that position?   Sounds like something someone else would say, and many people are saying so.... 

One one matters: the judge. Cohens judge made a finding that is very serious for the President. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So - the number of people who agree with your position is the primary factor in determining the correctness of that position?   Sounds like something someone else would say, and many people are saying so.... 

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm sick and tired of having every fucking thread mauled by Dog's incessant attempts to derail them with ancient history. If you want to engage with him that's your problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

One one matters: the judge. Cohens judge made a finding that is very serious for the President. 

Un-indicted Co-Conspirator.

It seems that all the talking heads, left or right agree on one thing. If the Prez wasn't the Prez, he'd be indicted by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm sick and tired of having every fucking thread mauled by Dog's incessant attempts to derail them with ancient history. If you want to engage with him that's your problem.

HTFU 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dog said:
20 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Bullshit. Hillary lost, get over it. Your fucking whataboutism is really irritating.

Sadly it's not bullshit. Hillary associates who lied to investigators and got immunity. Trump associates who lied to investigators and got jail.

That's what you should find irritating.

Amazing the way you just fucking lie, lie, lie, about everything. Then you get all smarmy and self-righteous and Jeff Sessions-y about it.

Exactly what "Hillary associates" lied to investigators and then got immunity?

I strongly suspect they bargained for immunity first, then told the truth. Of course, professionalism and non-partisanism look like libby-rull "Deep State" conspiracy if what you really want is a totalitarian fascist state led by your butt-buddies, and you firmly believe that all dialectic must serve that cause.

Of course, you could be right, and it's just that Hillary and her associates are MUCH much better negotiators, and got a much better deal, than Donnie Two-Scoop's crew of merry misfits.

3 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

It's crazy ain't it? I mean, Republican investigators should give Dems MORE heat than Repubs, right?

If you actually thought about it, one might think so, yes. But when one reacts automatically with a pro-Trumpism, no matter how absurdly false, this isn't even on the table

-DSK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Raz'r said:

It's crazy ain't it? I mean, Republican investigators should give Dems MORE heat than Repubs, right?

It's not crazy, it's intentional. There should be a common standard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites