Sign in to follow this  
Mismoyled Jiblet.

Trump moves to expel Vietnam refugees

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/12/donald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

This is the latest move in the president’s long record of prioritizing harsh immigration and asylum restrictions, and one that’s sure to raise eyebrows—the White House had hesitantly backed off the plan in August before reversing course. In essence, the administration has now decided that Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in the country before the establishment of diplomatic ties between the United States and Vietnam are subject to standard immigration law—meaning they are all eligible for deportation

cue the usual bullshit from the usual rubes who'll claim this is about "law and order" or some other bullshit. 

Relax... you’ll soon find out it is a case by case deal... if you have criminal records one might write Rimas for tips on living in VN 2019

The quote forgot to add the important modifier: 

"This is the latest move in the president’s long record of prioritizing harsh immigration and asylum restrictions on brown-skinned people, and one that’s sure to raise eyebrows—.......  

I thought Vietnamese were part of the Yellow Peril, not the Brown people problem.

I also thought the USA quit fucking over the Vietnamese a couple of decades ago.

I guess not - if you're a Republican.

11 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I thought Vietnamese were part of the Yellow Peril, not the Brown people problem.

I also thought the USA quit fucking over the Vietnamese a couple of decades ago.

I guess not - if you're a Republican.

Any skin color darker than sickly orange is verboten.  Which causes a dilemma.  The solution is that yellow is now considered "light brown".  Sickly orange is the new white.

See..... Now if they were North Koreans, they'd be very good people.....

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

See..... Now if they were North Koreans, they'd be very good people.....

And if you're a dictator even better,  donnie will welcome you with open arms unless of course you are from one of those shithole countries.

On 12/12/2018 at 6:08 PM, SailBlueH2O said:

Relax... you’ll soon find out it is a case by case deal... if you have criminal records one might write Rimas for tips on living in VN 2019

How about the guy mentioned at 2:10 in this interview with the former US Ambassador to Vietnam?  Is that the type of person we want to boot out of the US?

Linky

This Courageous Warrior has been fighting the Vietnamese for most of his life. It is unfair to expect him to stop now. 

On 12/13/2018 at 8:35 AM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/12/donald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

cue the usual bullshit from the usual rubes who'll claim this is about "law and order" or some other bullshit. 

You’ve conveniently forgotten all about the Indonesian refugees that Obama sent back to Ambon haven’t you. 15 years after being granted asylum, hundreds of them. 

The Brits are no better, look at how we started to repatriate the Windrush generation! 

On 12/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

He should rethink that. They're going to get pissed and send Rimas back.

Compassion in a can... Works just like spray on tan.... Just doesn't last as long.