dg_sailingfan

AC 36: INEOS TEAM UK

Founder: Jim Ratcliffe

Commodore Royal Yacht Squadron: James Sheldon

Team Principal, Skipper & Helmsman: Sir Ben Ainslie

CEO: Grant Simmer

Chief Designer: Nick Holroyd (NZL) / Design Consultant: Rolf E. Vroliik (NED)

Sailing Team: Sir Ben Ainslie (GBR), Giles Scott (GBR), Andrew McLean (GBR/NZL), Bleddyn Mon (GBR), David "Freddie" Carr (GBR), Graeme Spence (AUS), Iain Jensen (AUS), Joey Newton (AUS/GBR), Leigh McMillan (GBR), Neil Hunter (GBR), Nick Hutton (GBR), Chris Brittle (GBR), Luke Parkinson (AUS), Xabi Fernandez (ESP)

Sailing Team Manager: Jono MacBeth (NZL)

Sailing Team Coach: Rob Wilson (GBR)

m4389_crop169003_680x382_1525961549C7DF.jpg

Official Website: http://ineosteamuk.americascup.com/en/home.html

Official FB Account: https://www.facebook.com/INEOSTEAMUK/

Official YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgyryVU3_LXM5lOvl04C25w

15 minutes ago, laser 173312 said:

And, just what is your point?

It was about time to do a new Thread. The other Thread had too much non-releated Team UK Stories and Comments. @2Newts also supported this move.

7 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

It was about time to do a new Thread. The other Thread had too much non-releated Team UK Stories and Comments. @2Newts also supported this move.

Unrelated stories and comments?! This is unacceptable!

http://ineosteamuk.americascup.com/en/articles/56_Rebels-with-a-cause.html

m5113_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_15434993188552.jpg

m5131_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1544627250713F.jpg

Ben Ainslie:

“With no Youth America’s Cup planned for the 36thAmerica’s Cup the INEOS TEAM UK are still committed to providing opportunities into the America’s Cup for talented young British sailors. Both Oli and Ben have worked incredibly hard to get here and we look forward to having them as part of our team. I would like to thank everyone involved, in particular Rob Andrews and Andrew Walsh for managing and coaching such a superb programme ”

Oli Greber:

“I’m chuffed to bits to secure an INEOS Rebels place, I have massively progressed and learnt so much over the last 3 years and to achieve the goal of a place on the senior team is amazing, I have dreamt about being an America’s Cup sailor since being a young sailor. However, the hard work has just started. I need to work really hard to fulfil my position within the team.”

Greber & Ben Cornish (27) have been promoted to the INEOS Sailing Senior Team.

More Sailors to come over the next two years. Looks like the Rebels Programme will get smaller.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

And you think this will be different here, just because it's a new thread?

2 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

And you think this will be different here, just because it's a new thread?

Well, they can go to the other Thread then. As I said it was about time. The other Thread also had AC35 & AC36 mixed up over and under which was very bad.

21 minutes ago, barfy said:

Well, A4E thought things would be different with a new name...

Is this his/her new persona? 

Obviously ran away from the Volvo threads to cry for a while before the relaunch. :P

good to have new thread doubt there will be many new videos for a while  a weather is shit unless they have all moved south 

2 hours ago, hairyharford said:

anywhere nice

It'll have to be, Sir Ben is hardly likely to slum it. :lol:

^^I see you've gone through on a quiet downvoting spree A4E. 25 downvotes and counting lol Whats the matter? not "Feeling appreciated" Why don't you go back to your AC34 video thread so they can tell you again how much they apprreciate you over there lol.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

^^I see you've gone through on a quiet downvoting spree A4E. 25 downvotes and counting lol Whats the matter? not "Feeling appreciated" Why don't you go back to your AC34 video thread so they can tell you again how much they apprreciate you over there lol.

Why would you care or even notice this happened?

• Like 2

Ratcliffe just purchase pro cycling team Sky.  Will rename Ineos.

https://www.bicycling.com/racing/a26883770/team-sky-jim-ratcliffe-ineos/?utm_campaign=socialflowFBBI&utm_medium=social-media&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR1n92RU8PbmWuXzR0Y61qeBdnlydBNbuEcLwuxs2lzbAEgSiCGvi1vq3b0

If I were a billionaire I would probably do the same.  Well, except for the raping of the earth to become a billionaire part, I guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pusslicker said:

Why would you care or even notice this happened?

a big red 25 comes up in my notifications...thats why.

4 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Cool Video :D

I don't like your Owner Jim Ratcliffe. Nevertheless Good Luck guys!

They're still going with that faggy Rebels shit? What does that even mean?

Dunno cuz Americans were the winning Rebels lol. 1776 and all that.

13 hours ago, pusslicker said:

They're still going with that faggy Rebels shit? What does that even mean?

They are using the Boat from the ESS, however 4 of the 5 Crew Members are from the Senior Team (Ainslie, Scott, Jensen, Newton)

GC32 Villasimius Cup

Day 1 Recap

59805684_827132244411999_497806477424810

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/74_Winning-start-on-a-frustrating-day.html

Day 2 Recap

61432769_680323109055139_788309768935990

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/75_Rebels-in-podium-position.html

Day 3 Recap

61579616_437338670357964_896162135814858

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/76_All-to-play-for-heading-into-final-day.html

So,

it looks like INEOS is fighting for 3rd with Franck Cammas` Norauto. Oman Air and Alinghi are out of reach. Not a such surprise seeing Oman and Alinghi at the Top considering their huge success in the ESS.

• Like 1

INEOS Rebels secure Podium at the GC32 Villasimius Cup

m5604_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5600_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5601_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5602_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5603_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/77_Podium-in-Villasimius.html

Final Result

1. Oman Air (OMN) 44pts
  2. Alinghi (SUI) 53pts
  3. INEOS Rebels UK (GBR) 60pts
  4. NORAUTO (FRA) 67pts
  5. Reb Bull Sailing Team (AUT) 88pts
  6.  Zoulou (FRA) 100pts
  7. Argo (USA) 104pts
  8. Código Rojo Racing (ARG) 114pts
  9. CHINAone NINGBO (CHN) 120pts
  10. Black Star Sailing Team (SUI) 124pts

Ben sounds pretty pleased in this Video

One of the Highlights for the entire Team must have surely been taking Italian Free Skier Silvia Bertagna for a Sail :D

Consider this: Ineos has only been training for barely a week before the Competition started after they came back from their Winter Training in Murcia YET they still managed to stave off Franck Cammas Norauto French Team who won the GC32 Series in 2017 & 2018.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Consider this: Ineos has only been training for barely a week before the Competition started after they came back from their Winter Training in Murcia YET they still managed to stave off Franck Cammas Norauto French Team who won the GC32 Series in 2017 & 2018.

Except Franck won the owner /driver championship whereas Alinghi and Oman Air should have been Ineos' aim...

Amway Magic launching theirs in Narragansett Bay around mid August

13 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Amway Magic launching theirs in Narragansett Bay around mid August

So, sort of both Mid August :)

• Like 1

So, sort of both Mid August :)

Prior to late August I thought?

Preview | The 2019 GC32 World Championship, Lagos.

INEOS Rebels have arrived in Portugal ahead of the 2019 GC32 World Championship.

m5714_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5713_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5712_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

RACE SQUAD

Ben Ainslie, Helm 
Iain Jensen, Mainsail 
Giles Scott, Tactician and Float
Joey Newton, Jib Trim 
Oli Greber, Bow

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/80_Preview-The-2019-GC32-World-Championship-Lagos-.html

Hope that they can hunt down Oman Air and Alinghi in this Event :)

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 3:21 AM, NeedAClew said:

Dunno cuz Americans were the winning Rebels lol. 1776 and all that.

Or the losers if you count the civil war.

Given Ben's a guy you openly hate, Ineos is a team you openly hate, and the AC75 is a boat you openly hate why would this make you happy?

2 hours ago, rh3000 said:

Given Ben's a guy you openly hate, Ineos is a team you openly hate, and the AC75 is a boat you openly hate why would this make you happy?

Again false claims. I do not hate Ben Ainslie. I do dislike his Sponsor Jim Ratcliffe. I just want to see how an AC75 looks like to make my own judgement. I do not hate the boat. I just think that the AC75 is unsafe to sail at this Point. You're really good twisting peoples words I grant you that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rh3000 said:

Because he just enjoys trolling now, but as soon as the event starts these AC75's will be the greatest boats in the history of the event, and he will have said that all along lol

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Because he just enjoys trolling now, but as soon as the event starts these AC75's will be the greatest boats in the history of the event, and he will have said that all along lol

Hopefully he reaches puberty by then, and does something other than live under the bridge.

Fuck, could they have made this video any more trippy?  

3 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

...You're really good twisting peoples words I grant you that. 

Oh I don't know about that... anyone who's had the misfortune of stumbling across any of your garbage pile of posts is more than aware of your own championship-level ability to twist yourself into sorts of crazy knots of inconsistency and paranoid hypocrisy...

They would also be aware of the almost obsessive level that you have ragged on just about every aspect of AC that has the misfortune of coming under your nose - in this case INEOS, Ben and the AC75...

Wouldn't something like Fortnite be more fun for you? It's free you know!

• Like 1

Again false claims. I do not hate Ben Ainslie. I do dislike his Sponsor Jim Ratcliffe. I just want to see how an AC75 looks like to make my own judgement. I do not hate the boat. I just think that the AC75 is unsafe to sail at this Point. You're really good twisting peoples words I grant you that. 

"I just want to see how an AC75 looks like to make my own judgement" You've already judged it before seeing it. You've already said its a crap boat.

Hey Guys, Alinghi and INEOS...

Touching each other isn't what I have in my mind during Racing in Lagos. Take it easy, will you :D

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rh3000 said:

Oh I don't know about that... anyone who's had the misfortune of stumbling across any of your garbage pile of posts is more than aware of your own championship-level ability to twist yourself into sorts of crazy knots of inconsistency and paranoid hypocrisy...

They would also be aware of the almost obsessive level that you have ragged on just about every aspect of AC that has the misfortune of coming under your nose - in this case INEOS, Ben and the AC75...

Wouldn't something like Fortnite be more fun for you? It's free you know!

I'm truly impressed by your Shakespearean eloquence, and bow to your fine command of words.
240_F_56527408_0su2ynGa08UlUze7MDXzDWy8Uzt7YZBP.jpg.8077264d796c3c2f5309a929bc8eb09a.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I'm not from the UK so I may be misunderstanding Sir BA's quote but I am not a Boris Johnson fan so I guess my challenger ranking has Ineos last.

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/83_Storming-finish-on-first-day-in-Lagos.html

I'm not a Boris Johnson Fan either. Maybe the wrong time for Ainslie to invoke him. Still, Races 4 & 5 basically saved the Day for Ineos. They were 7 Points off the lead after Race 3.

Rebels find their form on penultimate day

m5773_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5774_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5776_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

m5775_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

Leaderboard after Race Day 3

1. Alinghi (SUI) 37pts
2. INEOS Rebels UK (GBR) 53pts
3. Oman Air (OMN) 53pts
4. Team Tilt (SUI) 58pts
5. NORAUTO (FRA) 62 pts
6. Argo (USA) 68 pts
7. Red Bull Sailing Team (AUT) 76pts
8. Zoulou (FRA) 91pts
9. CHINAone NINGBO (CHN) 103pts
10. Black Star Sailing Team (SUI) 112pts

Ineos is definitly in the hunt for a Podium again just like in Sardinia last month.

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/85_Rebels-find-their-form-on-penultimate-day.html

• Like 1

Or to summarize the 10 boat G32 Worlds - an America's Cup team  - INEOS Rebels UK -  barely claim the final position on the podium with two collisions for which the British team picked up three penalty points during the regatta. They finish third to an Alinghi team with no current AC sailors and to Team Tilt with Glen Ashby on onboard lending some AC talent.

On 6/27/2019 at 9:55 PM, NeedAClew said:

I'm not from the UK so I may be misunderstanding Sir BA's quote but I am not a Boris Johnson fan so I guess my challenger ranking has Ineos last.

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/83_Storming-finish-on-first-day-in-Lagos.html

That’s about the dumbest comparison he could have come up with, but I bet it keeps his boss and paymaster happy. <_<

What a fucking dickhead, but that’s not exactly new news either. 

• Like 1

m5786_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1m5788_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_1

Final Lagos Leaderboard after 4 Days of Racing

1. Alinghi (SUI) 57pts
2. Team Tilt (SUI) 74pts
3. INEOS Rebels UK (GBR) 78pts
4. NORAUTO (FRA) 79pts
5. Oman Air (OMN) 86pts
6. Argo (USA) 102pts
7. Red Bull Sailing Team (AUT) 109pts
8. Zoulou (FRA) 128pts
9. CHINAone NINGBO (CHN) 137pts
10. Black Star Sailing Team (SUI) 141pts

Overall GC32 Leaderboard after 2 of 5 Events

1. Alinghi (SUI) 3pts
2. INEOS Rebels UK (GBR) 5pts
3. Oman Air (OMN) 5pts
4. NORAUTO (FRA) 7pts
5. Red Bull Sailing Team (AUT) 11pts
6. Argo (USA) 12pts
7. Zoulou (FRA) 13pts
8. CHINAone NINGBO (CHN) 17pts
9. Black Star Sailing Team (SUI) 19pts
10. Codigo Rojo Racing (ARG) 19pts

http://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/86_Rebels-tough-it-out-to-podium-in-Lagos.html

56 minutes ago, mad said:

That’s about the dumbest comparison he could have come up with, but I bet it keeps his boss and paymaster happy. <_<

Ben isn't a dickhead, Giles Scott is. He is such a lousy Tactician. They could have had a better Result if it weren't for his crappy tactical Decisions. How did that guy won a Finn Gold Medal in Rio 2016? By waving a finger or what? Totally overrated Sailor. Ben needs to get someone else doing these Tactical Calls.

7 hours ago, mad said:

You remember him coming out publicly for remain, do you?

Not anymore, as you say...

Not sure what I myself would do for a few millions, never got even close to 1. :(

11 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Ben isn't a dickhead, Giles Scott is. He is such a lousy Tactician. They could have had a better Result if it weren't for his crappy tactical Decisions. How did that guy won a Finn Gold Medal in Rio 2016? By waving a finger or what? Totally overrated Sailor. Ben needs to get someone else doing these Tactical Calls.

The same Giles Scott that has won every Olympics and World Championship Finn event he been at this decade? The same Giles Scott who went unbeaten in the Rio quad? The same Giles Scott who has won more grade 1 regattas before the medal race than any other Olympic sailor? The same Giles Scott who, when met in actual life is the most chilled mild mannered bloke? 

No, you just can't be talking about that Giles Scott.

You must know another Giles, who presumably pissed in your cornflakes.

• Like 5

Why are the folk from UK referred to as Rebels again?  I missed it.

Is Andre Agassi going to start making guest appearances for the team?

WetHog  :ph34r:

9 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

You must be speaking to and quoting the troll, who takes up a stance against everything that he sees on here, cause that's how trolls roll.

9 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

The same Giles Scott that has won every Olympics and World Championship Finn event he been at this decade? The same Giles Scott who went unbeaten in the Rio quad? The same Giles Scott who has won more grade 1 regattas before the medal race than any other Olympic sailor? The same Giles Scott who, when met in actual life is the most chilled mild mannered bloke? 

No, you just can't be talking about that Giles Scott.

Yes, the same Giles Scott. The Brits have have a very weak Sailing Team compared to ETNZ, LR, AM. Scott is almost as bad a Tactician as John Kostecki was during AC34. The Dual Committment running an Olympic Campaign together with being a Tactician for Ineos is very bad. Granted for Burling/Tuke it works, for Scott it really isn't.

You can sorely blame the Lagos Results on Scott - Period.

And we can blame your mum for not taking another shot to the face for you..

now fuck off. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Haha dg is feeling a little lonely. Everyone's iggy'd him so he's taken his little crybaby posts over to the Americas Cup Facebook page lol

Thing I learnt today - if you want to report a fake facebook account (you know the type, no profile pic, created recently, only one friend, and using name that barely exists online to troll sporting accounts), you need to do the following

1. Go to the offending fake account's page and click on the menu button on the right and select 'Give Feedback or Report this Profile'
    409670221_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_07_07PM.png.83132f52103773314b8ed4f474ecc891.png
  2. Then you'll see this pop-up where you can describe the problem
    1343139392_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_01_37PM.png.9094691c511f2f7128d45161fa87d1fe.png

3. Then you click send, but on the next screen, you should remember to click this option too
    420822988_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_02_04PM.png.5a4a882955d01e21e731d76eecba4087.png

4. Then you've got a final checkbox to tick and hit Report
    319361952_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_02_18PM.png.8097d874d13cd4dbcbc17d33778a6e1f.png

This may come in handy in the future, should you want to flush a turd or something... who knows when... ;-)

15 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Thing I learnt today - if you want to report a fake facebook account (you know the type, no profile pic, created recently, only one friend, and using name that barely exists online to troll sporting accounts), you need to do the following

1. Go to the offending fake account's page and click on the menu button on the right and select 'Give Feedback or Report this Profile'
    409670221_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_07_07PM.png.83132f52103773314b8ed4f474ecc891.png
    1343139392_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_01_37PM.png.9094691c511f2f7128d45161fa87d1fe.png

3. Then you click send, but on the next screen, you should remember to click this option too
    420822988_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_02_04PM.png.5a4a882955d01e21e731d76eecba4087.png

319361952_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_02_18PM.png.8097d874d13cd4dbcbc17d33778a6e1f.png

This may come in handy in the future, should you want to flush a turd or something... who knows when... ;-)

Screen Shot 2019-07-02 at 10.01.07 PM.png

My FB Account exists since 2016 so go home you little mob.

2 hours ago, rh3000 said:

As you are on a witch hunt, did you post that on the official AC or TNZ thread ?

tenor.gif.44cd9fba9067eca111864121c22abce7.gif

Well I used my fake account to look for the egregious gifs and did not find them so people apparently have keen eyes and vigilance. 

But WTF on signing up as vigilantes for Zuckerberg.  FB is horrific enough without help. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

As you are on a witch hunt, did you post that on the official AC or TNZ thread ?

tenor.gif.44cd9fba9067eca111864121c22abce7.gif

Yeah sorry that was well off topic

• Like 1

Not sure if this is the preferred thread but here's some actual news from Ben et al  www.sail-world.com/news/219636

After an indifferent performance at the 2017 America's Cup in Bermuda, INEOS Team UK skipper Sir Ben Ainslie is confident that the British team has been turned around.

All three so-called Super Teams who have challenged for the most prestigious trophy in Sailing are nearing the launch dates for their AC75 yachts.

The 75ft radical foiling monohull yachts have never been previously raced, or indeed sailed, and the moment of truth is nigh.

The three Super Teams are expected to launch in August, with the Defender Emirates Team New Zealand working to a later schedule ahead of the onset of the Kiwi summer. The fourth Challenger Stars & Stripes Team USA is yet to restart construction of their single AC75 race yacht.

"We're going well - like all the other teams we are working incredibly hard getting this first boat ready to go in the water,"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

Not sure if this is the preferred thread but here's some actual news from Ben et al  www.sail-world.com/news/219636

After an indifferent performance at the 2017 America's Cup in Bermuda, INEOS Team UK skipper Sir Ben Ainslie is confident that the British team has been turned around.

All three so-called Super Teams who have challenged for the most prestigious trophy in Sailing are nearing the launch dates for their AC75 yachts.

The 75ft radical foiling monohull yachts have never been previously raced, or indeed sailed, and the moment of truth is nigh.

The three Super Teams are expected to launch in August, with the Defender Emirates Team New Zealand working to a later schedule ahead of the onset of the Kiwi summer. The fourth Challenger Stars & Stripes Team USA is yet to restart construction of their single AC75 race yacht.

"We're going well - like all the other teams we are working incredibly hard getting this first boat ready to go in the water,"

This is absolutely the right Thread. Thank You :)

• Downvote 1

There are some interesting bits & nuggets in that Article.

Ben on Selling Design Packages

The supply of a design package to the remaining Late Challenger, Stars & Stripes Team USA, has been controversial and a relatively new move in the America's Cup.

"It is an interesting situation when people start selling design packages" Ainslie reflects. "How open is it? How does that deal really work?"

"I had an interesting chat with Grant Dalton, who was very open. He felt that it was very collaborative. It would, of course, be good for the Defender to have another team down there that they can use as a partner of sorts, despite not being able to line up on the water."

"From a strictly competitive standpoint we'd rather it wasn't happening, but if it means that there is another team involved in the event, then that's good from a participation standpoint."

From a strictly competitive standpoint he says that he'd rather see this not happening. From a participation standpoint it's good to have another Team involved in the Event he says.

Ben on the AC75's "It is what it is"

Last month the head of Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli, Patrizio Bertelli commented that he felt the AC75 was too extreme, implying that they would have preferred a boat of less complexity. Others have echoed his sentiments.

In the last America's Cup, Land Rover BAR was one of the signatories to the Framework agreement signed by all but the winning team, which called for the next America's Cup to be sailed in the same AC50 wingsailed catamaran, used in Bermuda. It was a cost-saving measure and one designed to get more teams into the America's Cup.

Ainslie is sanguine on the point as to whether the Kiwis should have gone with a less extreme monohull or stayed with foiling catamarans?

"It is what it is," he says in a rather Daltonesque response, indicating that he has maybe picked up some of the style of his former boss. (Ainslie was a tactician and then back up boat helmsman for the Grant Dalton-led Emirates Team New Zealand in the run-up to the 2007 America's Cup in Valencia).

"We've all been through the pros and cons of this new concept of the boat. That is the challenge. That is what we focus on - there is no point in wasting time on whether it is too complex or not. That's it."

"We just have to do the best job that we can. Frankly, it wasn't our decision. But that's the class. That's the challenge. Get on with it," is his unusually blunt response.

At the time we were in support of having a more collaborative approach to having a circuit over every two years and reducing the cost massively. We have seen that go ahead with Russell and Larry with Sail GP and really get some legs. I was of the opinion that was the right way to go. But Team New Zealand did an amazing job to win the America's Cup, and this is the direction that we and the event are now going. Again there is not any point in wasting time over what could have been?"

Ben sort of says that you just have to get on with it and saying whether it's too complex or not is a waste of time. Take that Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team!

Ben on the Test Boat "T5"

Early reports from observers on the Solent had it that T5 was skitterish, capsized and nosedived frequently, and on that basis, the AC75's would be unsailable?

Ainslie agrees that T5 is a handful for the sailing team, but expects the AC75 will be more forgiving.

"We made that boat [T5] difficult to sail because we wanted to try and find out what the limits were. Certainly, we want to be sailing the big boat under much more control than we are sailing T5, he explains.

"The big learnings have been in understanding the rig and the sail - which are very interesting with this new concept of the boat. We really wanted to get a head-start on how all that is going to fit. How we are going to control the rig and sail it, and also with the foil design - there is plenty going on with the foils", he adds.

Ben says that the Teams Test Boat 5 was purposefully designed to be difficult to sail cuz they wanted to know what the limits would be and he expects the AC75 being more "Forgiving".

Ben on their Simulator

It's something in between the Artemis Technologies Simulator and the ETNZ Simulator and he can't talk anymore of it cuz it's supposed to be a secret.

Ben on the Team as a whole

He says that Simmer, Holroyd and he himself run the Team. INEOS Owner Jim Ratcliffe gets briefed every 2 months or so. He also says that Ratcliffe apparently has an engineering background so he is very interested in the Technical Side of things.

Ben on when to go to Auckland

He says that it depends on the America's Cup World Series Schedule in 2020 and from his understanding is that the other two Venues under consideration to hold an ACWS Event besides Cagliari are Portsmouth, UK and Newport, USA. He is waiting on an Annnouncement from the CoR/ACEL on that. He aknowledges that they could wait on that until late November but would like to have that earlier.

• Downvote 1

What was interesting for me was that they're now waiting on the foil arm to arrive. I thought they'd been sent out a month ago and that they'd have them by now. 

We made that boat [T5] difficult to sail because we wanted to try and find out what the limits were.

What a load of horseshit. No one deliberately makes a boat difficult to sail. As I've said all along, they rushed their surrogate in their keenness to get on the water first. The Quant 28 was an ill considered choice. It lacks the relative beam of the other two, and is too fine forward, resulting in all the crashing and splashing. Good start Ben.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horn Rock said:

We made that boat [T5] difficult to sail because we wanted to try and find out what the limits were.

What a load of horseshit. No one deliberately makes a boat difficult to sail. As I've said all along, they rushed their surrogate in their keenness to get on the water first. The Quant 28 was an ill considered choice. It lacks the relative beam of the other two, and is too fine forward, resulting in all the crashing and splashing. Good start Ben.

You are talking shit again as you always do about the Brits. Looks like you see them as the biggest Threat to Team New Zealand.

You never stepped any foot on a Sailboat yet making baseless crappy assumptions. Go Home and hide in Byron Bay!

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

I agree with Ben's philosophy on this 100%. Here in China there are a lot of sailors young to the sport. On our quarter tonners with symmetric spinnakers, runners and checkstays and a rig you can shape any which way you want, once they learn to sail on them the runner-less asymmetric boats like a J80 or J70 are relatively easy - even easier to steer.

The alternative of making T5 a piece of cake and then having to learn how to sail something even more complex and twitchy would have meant 2 sharp learning curves instead of one.

• Like 2

Mozzy Sails,

Here is the Reason from Ben not building a larger Test Boat:

After the dates of the America's Cup World Series were pushed back by six months for several reasons, Ainslie doesn't believe that it would have been better to delay and build a bigger half-size (38ft long) AC75 test boat as did the New York Yacht Club team American Magic?

• Downvote 1

Just now, shanghaisailor said:

I agree with Ben's philosophy on this 100%. Here in China there are a lot of sailors young to the sport. On our quarter tonners with symmetric spinnakers, runners and checkstays and a rig you can shape any which way you want, once they learn to sail on them the runner-less asymmetric boats like a J80 or J70 are relatively easy - even easier to steer.

The alternative of making T5 a piece of cake and then having to learn how to sail something even more complex and twitchy would have meant 2 sharp learning curves instead of one.

I agree with Ben & you as well!

• Downvote 2

11 minutes ago, shanghaisailor said:

You make it an accurate scale, like LR has, which looks to be a one third scale. The full sized boats will be less twitchy not more, so I'm bemused by your thinking here Shang. 

And to dickhead A4E. I own two yachts and have plenty of sailing miles under my feet. Unlike you who knows absolutely nothing about sailing at all.

From a Design Team Point of View I rate INEOS above American Magic and Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli Team but behind Emirates Team New Zealand.

Ben also says about this:

"With the schedule we have got, we really have to get cracking on the final version of the second boat - so getting those learnings in earlier has been really important. Our focus was getting on the water as early as possible. I think it was a good decision, but there is still so much to learn - both with test boats and with the real deal."

Clearly, Ainslie & Ineos view Time on the Water more important compared to building a bigger Test Boat like AM did and I agree with this Approach. Time on the water is essential here.

• Like 1

Ben was a part of Oracles learning curve during AC34 and his own learning curve during AC35.  The decisions his team has made to this point should be based on a wealth of experience.  Will be interesting to see if he and his team are right.

WetHog  :ph34r:

• Like 1

My guess is that Ben chose narrower boat to explore this option. We have seen the brutal crashes, but we have never seen the mule crashes.

7 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Ben chose narrower boat to explore this option.

What, to explore the ins and outs of spectacular wipe outs? Oh yeah okay.......Seems like a good plan.......

Seriously, the Quant was never designed to foil, and Ben's decision to convert it to a foiler was not thought through properly. It must be fun for the software engineers translating the data from it to their AC75 simulator. I still think its a miss-step from Team Fracking, and an inauspicious start to their campaign.