TheDragon

Who killed MR. CLEAN?

while pursuing other opportunities, he ain't dead. he creates front page articles, fills in when i'm gone and still helps out on a part-time basis. love the dude.

• Like 11

Last I saw him he was with the Commodores red haired daughters heading out  to meet the soccer team at the all girl college the twins attended .

1 hour ago, Plausible said:

Is this what they call stalking ?  Hard to know the  rules around here.

If you consider that stalking you are paranoid. All you need to do to check someone's posts is click on their avatar. I was simply noting that he has been missing from the forums for a while, forums he usually has something to say about. Editor doesn't seem bothered by it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VWAP said:

Last I saw him he was with the Commodores red haired daughters heading out  to meet the soccer team at the all girl college the twins attended .

Yeah, he was the guy carrying the two bottles of rum and a bag of ice. 

Is he even doing sailing stuff anymore. His website looks WAY old and his social stuff is pretty old. Hope he's doing well.

1 hour ago, Rum Runner said:

Yeah, he was the guy carrying the two bottles of rum  a case of cherry fizz wine coolers and a bag of ice. 

FIFY

Ran into him at Charleston Race Week last year.  He is doing good pursuing opportunities in the booming mary jane economy.

Clean covered good events, but his journalistic style was just sad. Like he was trying WAY TOO HARD to appear edgy and (give it up, dude) young but instead just looked unorganized and amateur. Love the coverage but, in this case, I'm shooting the messenger.

23 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I wase thicking he gotte tangelled up in Jenn Appelles charmes. leather.                  :)

Fixed it for you, Snags

Feel free to correct my spelling though...

I heard from the friend of a friend of a friend of a friend that Mr Clean is doing well after his surgery  reassignment procedure 

Why try and get him out of hibernation by asking his whereabouts ? . The site is now bearable that he is no longer involved he does nothing for sailing events or clubs unless they are soothing his ego . 

I juts bought a refill of Clorox Clean Up.

If I could get Mr. Clean to do my boat it would make a hell of a difference. I'm tired of getting in my wheelchair and cleaning my boat.
Never got my 6 figure check, but a boat cleaning now ant then would be nice...............................:)

26 minutes ago, Plausible said:

Wad,  are you saying  Allan Block /  Clean owes you a lot of money ?    Is that true ?

No, thisse site owes ooodelles and ooodelles of backe pay to DT.                              :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

No, thisse site owes ooodelles and ooodelles of backe pay to DT.                              :)

are ooodelles like bitcoin?

On 12/19/2018 at 8:26 PM, quezal said:

Why try and get him out of hibernation by asking his whereabouts ? . The site is now bearable that he is no longer involved he does nothing for sailing events or clubs unless they are soothing his ego . 

^^^ This ^^^

On 12/18/2018 at 3:06 PM, Somebody Else said:

Clean covered good events, but his journalistic style was just sad. Like he was trying WAY TOO HARD to appear edgy and (give it up, dude) young but instead just looked unorganized and amateur.

+1. His in-your-face ‘bro culture’ act was always forced and obnoxious.

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 12:06 PM, Somebody Else said:

Clean covered good events, but his journalistic style was just sad. Like he was trying WAY TOO HARD to appear edgy and (give it up, dude) young but instead just looked unorganized and amateur. Love the coverage but, in this case, I'm shooting the messenger.

I thought he was just stoned and/or wasted most of the time.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:06 PM, Somebody Else said:

Clean covered good events, but his journalistic style was just sad. Like he was trying WAY TOO HARD to appear edgy and (give it up, dude) young but instead just looked unorganized and amateur. 

Yeahe, allmoeste licke he diddente by it himeselfe.    "Alittelle ruffe aronde teh edges with littelle journallistice sense." as thay saye                                                             :)

On 12/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, Snaggletooth said:

I thought Clean was a Contributor, and Tempesta the owner, is that not correct?

CEO (Clean Entertainment Organizer) of Red Vine Racing Mono-Foil AC Campaign

he is editing the now infamous TNZ foiling Video to be released in a few years

And has a Kid to Raise 

9 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

I thought Clean was a Contributor, and Tempesta the owner, is that not correct?

### ##### is the owner who pays Scot Millions to be PC

Clean gets Millions as a Pension 

20 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

### ##### is the owner who pays Scot Millions to be PC

Clean gets Millions as a Pension 

That is hardly believable, Woody!

Alan was an entertaining contributor on the forums who Tempesta eventually hired to chase down some original content for the site.

With incredibly limited (non-existent) resources he hunted up some original content, rather than cut and paste press releases or republish articles and blogs from other media outlets. Most of it was entertaining and original. He relied on a network of friends in sailing to connect him with ideas and stories.  He did not have the fact checking resources of the Washington Post so it was not surprising when there were a few terrible "ooops" moments when the so called "friends" gave him a bum steer. It kind of went with the territory.  I know we can all point to some material that never should have seen the light of day......but here's the thing....Alan really loves sailing, and decided to spend a chapter of his life writing in a fresh and unvarnished way about the sport  There was no serious money in it for him and he never claimed to be a "journalist".   I have had my share of full on head butting with Alan, but viewed as a whole, I am thankful for the energy he injected into sailing for the period of time when he was actively writing. Love him or hate him, he set the stage for people to be passionate when talking about sailing.

I am sure that he now enjoying the priorities of being a Dad and husband.

Instead of Clean, we now have to endure ill-informed diatribes from Brian Hancock on ocean racing,  or rants from Peter Huston bemoaning the inevitable exit of the Finn from the Olympics. Its almost enough to make one miss Clean (almost but not quite :))  

• Like 10

48 minutes ago, billy backstay said:
1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

Clean gets Millions as a Pension of counerfitte Pesoes 

fixte                                                 :)

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

fixte                                                 :)

Ahhhh......thus explaining opposition to the Wall.

Snaggle alwayz has the reel scoup

yeah, but God Bless him as he gave us the much revered "Journalist's Pink Flag"!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, billy backstay said:

If you believe anything Woody says, you are in a minority of 1.

Life killed Clean.  Older, daddier, marrieder.  In other words, just another one of us taxpaying, diaper-changing, honey-doing dud.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

It was beauty that killed the beast.

0aaf9be59ff4256cc738e11d63c4b097.jpg

I gesse Cleane hade moire haire backe then.......                                                  :)

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 12:29 PM, Mambo Kings said:

Alan was an entertaining contributor on the forums who Tempesta eventually hired to chase down some original content for the site.

With incredibly limited (non-existent) resources he hunted up some original content, rather than cut and paste press releases or republish articles and blogs from other media outlets. Most of it was entertaining and original. He relied on a network of friends in sailing to connect him with ideas and stories.  He did not have the fact checking resources of the Washington Post so it was not surprising when there were a few terrible "ooops" moments when the so called "friends" gave him a bum steer. It kind of went with the territory.  I know we can all point to some material that never should have seen the light of day......but here's the thing....Alan really loves sailing, and decided to spend a chapter of his life writing in a fresh and unvarnished way about the sport  There was no serious money in it for him and he never claimed to be a "journalist".   I have had my share of full on head butting with Alan, but viewed as a whole, I am thankful for the energy he injected into sailing for the period of time when he was actively writing. Love him or hate him, he set the stage for people to be passionate when talking about sailing.

Instead of Clean, we now have to endure ill-informed diatribes from Brian Hancock on ocean racing,  or rants from Peter Huston bemoaning the inevitable exit of the Finn from the Olympics. Its almost enough to make one miss Clean (almost but not quite :))  

Well said.

I was a bit surprised that Alan threw in the towel when he did-- His podcasts were very good, and getting better. 

I liked almost all of his work. 

I also like seemingly 90% of the anarchists ripping on him all the time for no reason.  Entertaining for some reason.

Hopefully Scot can send Brian Hancock to do a review of Clean's weed store when it opens.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, eastern motors said:

Hopefully Scot can send Brian Hancock to do a review of Clean's weed store when it opens.

He cane be add byeng sponsere!                                                  :)

I think "Hippy" (gurgle...gurgle...gurgle) would be a better fit for the review.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

He showed up at Charleston Race Week and represented. 

Bless his heart (and wife).

Sail Safe!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 12:29 PM, Mambo Kings said:

Sweet of you to say J

I miss you all very much, even snaggy.

My time working for SA, especially before the lawsuit and then our family fertility problems, when it was still me and Mer on the road, was some of the best of my life.  The network of amazing people we built continues to be a source of great friendship for me today.  To be around as the sailing media found its way in a new world, to be around to witness the birth of sportboats and foiling, the mainstreaming of multihulls, the drama of Larry vs. Ernesto, all the amazing stories and events we worked - it was a real privilege. 

I only made about a third of my income from SA, the rest came from commentary and photo/video/social services for classes, events and manufacturers, and I ignored a key fact about working on the road - most of your work comes from working on the road.  So when we had Josephine and I cut back on my travel, I found it hard to get enough gigs to pay for my family. 

I still work with a handful of companies and events that I really like, so you'll still see me in Charleston, Chicago, and possibly Tokyo.  But that's now mostly just for fun and to take my daughter someplace interesting.  No more begging rich people for work.

I spent the last year helping a friend start up several commercial growing operations.  That was fun and lucrative and I now have a ridiculous library of genetics, but once the setup is over, it's all pretty dull, and after they did their private placement, it became just another corporate gig.

And now, after missing a great deal of my young daughter's life, I've gotten rid of the Delta Skymiles card and am sitting in an office making paper and wearing my lawyer hat again.  Right now I am drafting a construction loan agreement and lease for a new bank for a firm full of nice people and easy going management.

It's not St. Maarten, but it ain't bad when I got this to come home to.

Much love to you all, even to the bitches and the haters 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-12_at_10_06.14_AM.png

• Like 26

He's alive (for better or worse). If you can't find something useful to do, be a lawyer.

11 minutes ago, casc27 said:

He's alive (for better or worse). If you can't find something useful to do, be a lawyer.

Funny how the definition of 'useful' changes when you have hungry mouths to feed and hungry minds to occupy.  

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, casc27 said:

GD that resembles me.

Clean, I am relieved that the rumors of you running off with Mrs. ************, are not true.  You were a real reporter.  Aloha, Guerdon.

Clean, my last post was altered. It was a joke.  I said Mrs.************, the cleaning product.  It's just an example of humor that has been killed by litigates.  I didn't know there was a sensor on SA.

2 minutes ago, guerdon said:

I didn't know there was a sensor on SA.

Yes there is one, relatively new on the job, and taking it way too serious.

You can find him in Nazi Anarchy !

On 1/4/2019 at 10:29 PM, SailRacer said:

He showed up at Charleston Race Week and represented.

"Represented" what?

confused-smiley.png

42 minutes ago, Fiji Bitter said:
50 minutes ago, guerdon said:

I didn't know there was a sensor on SA.

Yes there is one, relatively new on the job, and taking it way too serious.

Sarcasim sensor lastted 14 minittes and blewed up, thuss the 'autto' purpelle fonte wointe worke.

Trolle sensor hase nevere beene configiurred prpperley

Outtrage sensor failled day aftere 2016 ellectiones

Socke Puppette senor - needelle barley moves, and nooune ist wactheng.

Auttomactic Topices Redirrecte sensor (politicalle = PA, tittes = GA) prgrrammed by Rimas

Hotte Aire sensor sensitivittey hase beene misteriousley turnded downe

Spelle Checke brocken by pearsons unnowen.

:)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, guerdon said:

I said Mrs.************, the cleaning product. 

?

Happy to see you are well Clean and enjoying the family life. 

And the sensor censor is sin sured.

As someone who spends a lot of time travelling, podcasts help pass the time and Clean's SA podcast was one of the tops for me. Sailing podcasts are rarely engaging and lighthearted. He nailed it on both accounts. It is sadly missed.

Good luck to you, Clean and enjoy the family.

The whiners will move on to something else as per usual.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, casc27 said:

2 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Funny how the definition of 'useful' changes when you have hungry mouths to feed and hungry minds to occupy.  

2 hours ago, guerdon said:

Clean, I am relieved that the rumors of you running off with Mrs. ************, are not true.

41 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

?

Fuck enough is enough. Clean I gave you the Michigan franchise for my "Gas & Ass" business at mates rates on account you were chasing more bucks to look after the family.

A business third in turnover behind General Motors and Roberto Suárez Gómez the crack dealer in that state. So what do you do? Go fuckin Lawyer and MeToo shit on me and change the name to "Cleans Ass Gas".

Marketing fucking laywer genius.

PS. I miss you.

5ad42402bd5c9_unnamed(28).gif.392f99e9b07992f995458114bf9e7cbc.gif

23faa2f5ea2a4edb836e47869fa3f18e--funny-shit-funny-pics.jpg

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Sweet of you to say J

My time working for SA, especially before the lawsuit and then our family fertility problems, when it was still me and Mer on the road, was some of the best of my life.  The network of amazing people we built continues to be a source of great friendship for me today.  To be around as the sailing media found its way in a new world, to be around to witness the birth of sportboats and foiling, the mainstreaming of multihulls, the drama of Larry vs. Ernesto, all the amazing stories and events we worked - it was a real privilege. 

I only made about a third of my income from SA, the rest came from commentary and photo/video/social services for classes, events and manufacturers, and I ignored a key fact about working on the road - most of your work comes from working on the road.  So when we had Josephine and I cut back on my travel, I found it hard to get enough gigs to pay for my family. 

I still work with a handful of companies and events that I really like, so you'll still see me in Charleston, Chicago, and possibly Tokyo.  But that's now mostly just for fun and to take my daughter someplace interesting.  No more begging rich people for work.

I spent the last year helping a friend start up several commercial growing operations.  That was fun and lucrative and I now have a ridiculous library of genetics, but once the setup is over, it's all pretty dull, and after they did their private placement, it became just another corporate gig.

And now, after missing a great deal of my young daughter's life, I've gotten rid of the Delta Skymiles card and am sitting in an office making paper and wearing my lawyer hat again.  Right now I am drafting a construction loan agreement and lease for a new bank for a firm full of nice people and easy going management.

Very cool Clean, and saves me asking, how it was all going? 

Special times with the kid(s) and family are a great and cherished time, make the most of them. 

Sweet of you to say J

See you soon :)

• Like 1

Skip the Lawyer's hat and go for the Barristers wig. "Go big or go home!!!"

20181116-_DSF2987-1-470x705.jpg

Awwwww. So very cute!

Of course, with Mer and Clean's genes she is going to be a handful.

• Like 1

Mr and Mrs Block both know where I live.

Clean also knows that the Rum assortment needs topping up. hint hint

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:07 PM, MR.CLEAN said:

Sweet of you to say J

Glad to hear life is good for and to you at the moment Clean. Long may it continue.

Miss your 'stuff' though

Good to hear from ya Clean - being Dad to an intelligent little girl is some kinda special, and I hope ya enjoy all of it.  She looks like she's almost old enough for her first Honda 50!  ;-) 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Good to hear from ya Clean - being Dad to an intelligent little girl is some kinda special, and I hope ya enjoy all of it.  She looks like she's almost old enough for her first Honda 50!  ;-) 

Me too Clean. I miss your intelligence and willingness to challenge BS. 

2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Mom would slit my throat if I put her on a bike

she'll be Karting young tho

And she starts jiujitsu next month.  already arm barring me constantly

51 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Me too Clean. I miss your intelligence and willingness to challenge BS. 

much love rummy.  to you too phil and your family.  

Good for you, Clean, I was lucky enough to spend lots of time with my daughter, now all grown up and off on her own.

Off-road dirt bikes are fine, imo. A reasonable risk.  All my kids had them. No four wheelers. Never bikes on the street.  Being able to kick start a 125 and rip over dirt is good for a girl's self-esteem.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 2:32 PM, Snaggletooth said:

Hillary_Magic_Harddrive_Eraser.jpeg

realley?

Is that where the Exclusive TNZ 1st Foiling video is being stored while finishing touches are applied ?

On 1/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, MikeR80 said:

Well said.

I was a bit surprised that Alan threw in the towel when he did-- His podcasts were very good, and getting better. 

Amazing how life changes when you have kids!!  Visiting our girls in Chucktown next week for 4 days, and it's going to be 70 degrees!!  Might have to find a rag bagger to borrow, although Frostbite racing starts next month...

Alan is alive, well and thriving. I was with him this week and we are scheming and  working together 

He is back and posting endlessly in the Lia threads.

I miss your race commentating and interviews Clean. One of the few with any actual knowledge and something intelligent to say. Good to hear you're making the most of family life. 

Those who promote, manage,  and report on  multiple sailing events  every year essentially travel for a living. 

I don’t see how a person can perform proper version of  a career like Clean’s and also have a life.

Gardens, dogs, cats, church choirs, bowling teams, local fleets, lawns, girlfriends, wives, children, and pretty much everything “normal” requires personal presence. 

Even though 3rd base for the Yankees  pays a whole lot of money, a person has to give up  huge chunk of irreplaceable life in exchange. 

Good for you mr Clean!! I hope you have a nearby Wednesday night fleet and a hall pass so you can go for dinner with the gang after  the races. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

Those who promote, manage,  and report on  multiple sailing events  every year essentially travel for a living. 

I don’t see how a person can perform proper version of  a career like Clean’s and also have a life.

Gardens, dogs, cats, church choirs, bowling teams, local fleets, lawns, girlfriends, wives, children, and pretty much everything “normal” requires personal presence. 

Even though 3rd base for the Yankees  pays a whole lot of money, a person has to give up  huge chunk of irreplaceable life in exchange. 

Good for you mr Clean!! I hope you have a nearby Wednesday night fleet and a hall pass so you can go for dinner with the gang after  the races. 

Jesus Gouver this is a small provincial club we are talking about! You can't just parachute Clean in there!!

10 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

Yes it is hard to see who would want to give up weeding the yard, feeding the cats, taking the dog out for a shit , mowing the lawn, feeding the kids and placating the wife (me) simply tp earn millions traveling around the country playing base ball with the boys.      But somehow my husband doesnt think it sounds too bad!