Fakenews

Mattis quits

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

She's actually right. Why does it matter?

Not my father, brother, son, LGBT. Gun running operation gone bad, WTF difference does it make? Offensive video. Bla bla bla bla. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Now that America has decided to not support its allies, I wish you well.

Do you think betraying allies like the Kurds is something new? As Mickey said, it's practically a tradition.

Yet somehow, possibly by $pending more than a bunch of other nations combined, we always seem to have goodies that "rebel fighters" want.

That makes us, as Mattis said in his letter, "the indispensable nation."

Which is what he said right before saying "but we shouldn't be world cops."

Which was funny to me because "America is the indispensable nation" is what warmongers say when they want us to meddle again and "we shouldn't be world cops" is what people like me say in response.

Mattis had it both ways in one paragraph. But his resignation indicates he really believes what most Americans do: that we're the world cop. A few of us think this is a bad idea. We're joined by Duopoly candidates, but never (until now) by Duopoly elected officials.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sean said:

The departure of Jim Mattis is proof that you cannot have it all.

That's true. He can either mean it when he says we're the indispensable world cop or he can mean it when he says we should not be.

He couldn't have it all and decided he meant it when he said we're the world cop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

That's true. He can either mean it when he says we're the indispensable world cop or he can mean it when he says we should not be.

He couldn't have it all and decided he meant it when he said we're the world cop.

Don't be such a binary thinker. It's uncouth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

Don't be such a binary thinker. It's uncouth. 

when dogballs thinks he's "right" he's over threads like a chihuhua on a couchleg. you know the effect it has on his affectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mad said:

That revolving door is spinning out of control. 

 

The rats are abandoning the sinking ship of state!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anyone left who has been with Trump since the beginning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bhyde said:

And another one bites the dust...

US envoy Brett McGurk quits over Trump Syria pullout

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46661384

Well that’s a big fat nothing burger.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/trump-downplays-us-envoy-brett-mcgurk-quitting-over-syria-pullout-a-nothing-event/

edited to note that Trump doesn’t even know him...

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't know anyone who works for him.

Hardly ever even met any of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 10:46 AM, Clove Hitch said:
On 12/22/2018 at 10:36 AM, dogballs Tom said:

That's true. He can either mean it when he says we're the indispensable world cop or he can mean it when he says we should not be.

He couldn't have it all and decided he meant it when he said we're the world cop.

Don't be such a binary thinker. It's uncouth. 

The choice of whether to pull out or surge is kind of binary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

The choice of whether to pull out or surge is kind of binary.

Driving to Tampa could be a bad idea. You could find an exit and turn around. Jumping out of the car to roll down the highway while the car goes off into the swamp with no driver sure as shit prevents you from going to Tampa, but one does tend to gain the reputation as a nutjob never to be trusted to drive a car again.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 7:40 AM, mad said:

That revolving door is spinning out of control. 

like a "Well oiled machine"  - Donnie Bone Spurs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mid said:

Untitled.jpg.703dbba1a198b3beb61ace54e15cbfd6.jpg

Becoming?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

The choice of whether to pull out or surge is kind of binary.

Ah,  but there AREN'T just two possible courses of action in that conflict, are there ?

Yet somehow Donnie Bone Spurs always seems to pick the one Vlady wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think by now people would know that this POTUS considers Twitter his official press platform. Makes one wonder why they still have Sarah and the WH press room. Tradition, I suppose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark K said:

I think by now people would know that this POTUS considers Twitter his official press platform. Makes one wonder why they still have Sarah and the WH press room. Tradition, I suppose. 

Don't want to add another person to the unemployment rolls unnecessarily, now do we?

 Will Mattis qualify for unemployment, or will they deny him because he quit?.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Great Red Shark said:

Ah,  but there AREN'T just two possible courses of action in that conflict, are there ?

Yet somehow Donnie Bone Spurs always seems to pick the one Vlady wants.

All choices are binary. There’s the one that Daddy Vlady wants, and the wrong one. 

We got both kinds....Country AND western. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mrleft8 said:

Don't want to add another person to the unemployment rolls unnecessarily, now do we?

 Will Mattis qualify for unemployment, or will they deny him because he quit?.....

 If you quit you get dick in most places. 

He's still a general, so he's getting his inactive duty status pay. I suspect in most states that is a disqualifying situation for workman's comp. right there too. Not sure how mega-book deals factor into that though....figure seven figures up front by the time the bidding war is done.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

 Will Mattis qualify for unemployment,

he'll be beating headhunters off 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mid said:

he'll be beating headhunters off 

Does that pay well? No doubt he'll have to work in Nevada, to do that legally.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 10:09 AM, SloopJonB said:

Is there anyone left who has been with Trump since the beginning?

Image may contain: 36 people, people smiling

 

Less and less all the time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Less and less all the time. 

Sanders ? , beginning ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not too worried about Mattis financially. He'd been making $180,000 as .a 4-star and $200,000 as SecDef. He'll have his retirement. With 44 years of service, he'll get something like $237,144 a year. On top of that, he will be in demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mid said:

Sanders ? , beginning ?

Trump was talking to Pence, and said 'The less Mexicans, the better"

"You mean the Fewer"

"I told you not to call me that yet"

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After James Mattis resigned, Trump's America is slinking off the world stage

Quote

It does not matter how many adults are in the room, because Trump will not listen to any of them. Our allies are stunned and abandoned.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/12/23/james-mattis-defense-resignation-donald-trump-afghanistan-syria-troops-column/2401206002/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Flynn get the same?

Are there rules whom the generals get to work for?    Other government jobs are obviously OK.   Defense industry and military contractors are a clear conflict of interest, but commonly done.   Foreign governments seems permissible if they file a form.   What exactly is illegal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mid said:

Sanders ? , beginning ?

Well, the Colonel for sure, if not Sarah.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

I'm not too worried about Mattis financially. He'd been making $180,000 as .a 4-star and $200,000 as SecDef. He'll have his retirement. With 44 years of service, he'll get something like $237,144 a year. On top of that, he will be in demand.

A 4-Star General only makes $180K?

My kid is an RCMP constable and makes 6 figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lark said:

Does Flynn get the same?

Are there rules whom the generals get to work for?    Other government jobs are obviously OK.   Defense industry and military contractors are a clear conflict of interest, but commonly done.   Foreign governments seems permissible if they file a form.   What exactly is illegal?

Hmmpfftt! Not much these days, except crossing the border from Mexico.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Well, the Colonel for sure, if not Sarah.

touche

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lark said:

Does Flynn get the same?

Are there rules whom the generals get to work for?    Other government jobs are obviously OK.   Defense industry and military contractors are a clear conflict of interest, but commonly done.   Foreign governments seems permissible if they file a form.   What exactly is illegal?

For this bunch?

Nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SloopJonB said:

A 4-Star General only makes $180K?

My kid is an RCMP constable and makes 6 figures.

I used to make 8 figures up north, in the winter...... Ice skating and sledding was fun....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK..... They were figure 8's......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Lark said:

Does Flynn get the same?

Are there rules whom the generals get to work for?    Other government jobs are obviously OK.   Defense industry and military contractors are a clear conflict of interest, but commonly done.   Foreign governments seems permissible if they file a form.   What exactly is illegal?

The military has it's own internal judicial establishment. They can't strip him of his rank or pay status without a military court hearing and such, and AFAIK he is currently under no indictments form the JAG relating to his active service. I suppose they could if they wanted to..but the civilian prosecution is seeking leniency for his cooperation and the military and civilian judicial systems try to cooperate with each other whenever possible, traditionally. 

  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just two years ago, Trump's enthusiasm for Mattis was pretty clear.

(SOUNDBITE OF ARCHIVED RECORDING)

Quote

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: He is one of the most effective generals that we've had in many, many decades, an extraordinary leader of our time who has committed his life to his love for our country.

https://www.npr.org/templates/transcript/transcript.php?storyId=679036759

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 minute ago, Mid said:
Quote

PRESIDENT DONALD TRUMP: He is one of the most effective generals that we've had in many, many decades, an extraordinary leader of our time who has committed his life to his love for our country.

Well, there's the kiss of death for him right there. Wouldn't swear loyalty to Vlad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mid said:

 

Is this is the same progressive leftist who earlier warned that Trump might start a nuclear war? Now he’s got his panties in a twist because he’s withdrawing troops from somewhere and that America is slinking off the world stage. UCMTSU!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

 

Is this is the same progressive leftist who earlier warned that Trump might start a nuclear war? Now he’s got his panties in a twist because he’s withdrawing troops from somewhere and that America is slinking off the world stage. UCMTSU!

What worries me is what happens after "going off stage."

There's going to be an encore. Just a wild guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

9BA5D15E-43A4-4023-A754-C8CEB177AF86.jpeg

Early reports are Mattis and Dempsey brought this wonk in to reorganize the R&D/acquisition mess at the Pentagon and was doing a pretty good job of it. His pet project will no longer have him to run it, he will be completely occupied by duties which he is completely unprepared for and he knows it. 

  As the official #2 at the Pentagon he pretty much has to take this appointment temporarily. It is highly likely he will respectfully but firmly decline an offer to be Trump's (or anyone else's) SoD nominee. Organizational wonk, not a policy guy...and smart enough to know it. 

  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

Is this is the same progressive leftist who earlier warned that Trump might start a nuclear war? Now he’s got his panties in a twist because he’s withdrawing troops from somewhere and that America is slinking off the world stage. UCMTSU!

Black/white, either/or is all you can distinguish isn't it?

Must be very simple to live in a binary world.

Too bad this isn't one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's as qualified as the rest of the cabinet...... Empty shelving units.

 How many deputy cabinet positions are still unfilled after 2 years?

 How many top level positions are occupied by "acting" directors?....

 This is not a good thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

9BA5D15E-43A4-4023-A754-C8CEB177AF86.jpeg

Selling America to the Corporates one lobbyist at a time.

The new trading name will be

Trumps America Inc.

Because, well you know he had to let the world know it was his idea.

Gonna be huge everyone is saying so, bigly  even.

Look out for the upcoming IPO he wants to sell it......erm I mean raise another Trillion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom will be along shortly to say that replacing a well regulated militiaman with a corporate citizen means more freedom and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

Selling America to the Corporates one lobbyist at a time.

I noted the same thing last week, when a law got

On 12/19/2018 at 6:19 AM, dogballs Tom said:
Quote

,,,one step closer to becoming law," Mark Holden, the general counsel of Koch Industries, said in a statement. "We thank each Senator who did the right thing for our country by passing the bill without the amendments intended to undermine it."

 

Oh dear. All that evil lobbying and then the head of Koch Industries thanks the Senate.

It's terrible, I tell you. No one else said so, so I had to do it with irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Becoming?

The very first thought that I had reading that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/20/2018 at 5:07 PM, Kirwan said:

If Trump holds true to form, it will be the former CEO of some Military Industrial Company.  

War is good Busine$$!

 

Poor old Ike must be spinning in his grave.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump asked why we couldn't use nuclear weapons. He wants to spend even more on the military. Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I get it - those two are dipshit trolls used to being wrong and liars so they need their victory laps - but how does this make us "not warmongers"?

I'd say it just makes us capricious, stupid, nonstrategic warmongers which is usually a bad choice.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

9BA5D15E-43A4-4023-A754-C8CEB177AF86.jpeg

At least a quick trip to the mushroom bins at any local produce outlet will allow supplicants to the Trump Fortune the inexpensive training tools needed for prolonged sucking  practice before being thrown into the undying Trump swamp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Trump asked why we couldn't use nuclear weapons. He wants to spend even more on the military. Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I get it - those two are dipshit trolls used to being wrong and liars so they need their victory laps - but how does this make us "not warmongers"?

I'd say it just makes us capricious, stupid, nonstrategic warmongers which is usually a bad choice.

....Usually..... ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Trump asked why we couldn't use nuclear weapons. He wants to spend even more on the military. Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I get it - those two are dipshit trolls used to being wrong and liars so they need their victory laps - but how does this make us "not warmongers"?

I'd say it just makes us capricious, stupid, nonstrategic warmongers which is usually a bad choice.

??  dogballs Tom is very much the isolationist.  Opposite of Neocons ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

??  dogballs Tom is very much the isolationist.  Opposite of Neocons ;)

The point is not whether Tommy dogballs claims to be an isolationist. It's whether he supports someone who is asking, gosh, why can't I use nuclear weapons? It's like being a libertarian but supporting the concept of corporate personhood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Call her a bitch. Call her a power hungry evil piece of scum.

There is no way Hillary would have so totally mis-managed our power struggle vs the Russians. 

The Russians were frightened by her ability to control them. 

They wanted ANYBODY but her. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

The Russians were frightened by her ability to control them. 

Control them, no. Out maneuver them, definitely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I"

I really don't think he is. He was elected primarily on domestic issues but has been drug into an area he  has not interest, experience or knowledge of. Like many idiots, he want the simplest, loudest and most violent way of achieving his short term goal. Look at the Syrian pullout; his aides briefed him on issues he didn't understand, Erdogan talked to him about problems he didn't care about so he screamed "Waaa, I'm taking my toys home!".  That's not warmongering; that's infantile.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

"Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I"

I really don't think he is. He was elected primarily on domestic issues but has been drug into an area he  has not interest, experience or knowledge of. Like many idiots, he want the simplest, loudest and most violent way of achieving his short term goal. Look at the Syrian pullout; his aides briefed him on issues he didn't understand, Erdogan talked to him about problems he didn't care about so he screamed "Waaa, I'm taking my toys home!".  That's not warmongering; that's infantile.

When his domestic nonsense doesn't work, like many a populist, Shitstain will turn to warmongering. The elk will support this reflexively.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, he has surrounded himself with warmongers.  And those that aren't outrightly militant (like Bolton), are so ensconced in the military industry they might as well be. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely. He's like a blind man trying to kill rats with a rope end; his frustration will just increase the violence. The scary thing is that he's stirred up the 20% or so of the population that REALLY believes in black helicopters, furriners coming to take their wimmen and moolsems controlling the government; if he starts calling for domestic violence the Proud Boys, Three Percenters, end timers and mililtias will respond.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, learningJ24 said:

Absolutely. He's like a blind man trying to kill rats with a rope end; his frustration will just increase the violence. The scary thing is that he's stirred up the 20% or so of the population that REALLY believes in black helicopters, furriners coming to take their wimmen and moolsems controlling the government; if he starts calling for domestic violence the Proud Boys, Three Percenters, end timers and mililtias will respond.

Yup, and the Patriot Media is carrying water for that end game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's kinda how I see it. The only war he is likely to mong is a domestic one to defend him and his administration. He doesn't give much a shit about the rest of the world and knows very little about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad thing here is the NRA types that cannot STFU about "resisting tyranny with my gunz" will be first in line to help the would-be tyrant. They aren't Minutemen, they are Brownshirts.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Trump asked why we couldn't use nuclear weapons. He wants to spend even more on the military. Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I get it - those two are dipshit trolls used to being wrong and liars so they need their victory laps - but how does this make us "not warmongers"?

I'm pleasantly surprised that Trump is saying he'll withdraw troops but would not go so far as to say he won't be a normal Duopoly warmonger President after all. He's erratic. I don't see this as a pattern. Just an action I approve.

Another action I approve is proving someone is lying when making that accusation, like I proved Miscut a liar over here. And like he has never done.

Some of you are mistaking my first real approval of a Trump action as approval of all things Trump. No, it's the first time he's done something big that I liked. I don't care who withdraws our troops from harmful meddlesome missions, I'll support the action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Jessica Tarlov also took issue with the president using the trip as a campaign rally. She noted that Trump was unpopular with soldiers: “Trump’s approval rating with the military is at 44% while Jim Mattis’ is at 84%. Why is that? If he is the most beloved and the most supportive of the military out there, why is his approval rating under 50%?”

https://hillreporter.com/fox-news-panelists-rip-trump-behavior-during-iraq-troop-visit-19399

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, look! who was waiting to move in and make huge changes. An army that answers to no one, what a concept.

IKKFLOHQXNALHOXN6KYPHNYOCY.png

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is out.

Mattis' resignation comes amid news that President Donald Trump has directed the drawdown of 2,000 U.S. forces in Syria, and 7,000 U.S. forces from Afghanistan, a U.S. official confirmed to Military Times, a story first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

This month, in the January/February print issue of the gun and hunting magazine “Recoil," the former contractor security firm Blackwater USA published a full-page ad, in all black with a simple message: “We are coming.”

Is the war in Afghanistan — and possibly elsewhere ― about to be privatized?

If Blackwater returns, it would be the return of a private security contractor that was banned from Iraq, but re-branded and never really went away. By 2016 Blackwater had been re-named and restructured several times, and was known at the time as Constellis Group, when it was purchased by the Apollo Holdings Group. Reuters reported earlier this year that Apollo had put Constellis up for sale, but in June the sale was put on hold.

A representative for Constellis told Military Times late Friday that while it had acquired the former Blackwater training center in the 2016 purchase, it has no affiliation with the former security firm. It did not retain Blackwater’s founder and former CEO Erik Prince and has no current connection to him, or the firm’s former management structure.

The Recoil ad suggests Blackwater is making a resurgence on its own, but it was not clear in what form. The public affairs firm that handles Prince’s media engagements told Military Times Friday that he would not be able to speak beyond what was in the media “at this stage.”

Prince has courted President Donald Trump’s administration since he took office with the idea that the now 17-year Afghan War will never be won by a traditional military campaign. Prince has also argued that the logistical footprint required to support that now multi-trillion dollar endeavor has become too burdensome. Over the summer and into this fall Prince has engaged heavily with the media to promote the privatization; particularly as the Trump administration’s new South Asia Strategy, which was crafted with Mattis, passed the one-year mark. More at the link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/21/mattis-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/  https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/21/mattis-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 10:47 AM, jerseyguy said:

He will be from a company with a history of cost overruns, over promising and undelivering.  It is the Trump way.

 

The CEO of Lockheed Martin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, badlatitude said:

IKKFLOHQXNALHOXN6KYPHNYOCY.png

 a private security contractor

They are mercenaries - call them by their proper name, not some PR bullshit that attempts to legitimize the scum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

They are mercenaries - call them by their proper name, not some PR bullshit that attempts to legitimize the scum.

Yeah, I should have gone there. Murdering mercenaries would have been more apt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2018 at 1:15 PM, learningJ24 said:

"Does anyone - aside from morons like dogballs and the Disney Troll - think he's not a warmonger? I"

I really don't think he is. He was elected primarily on domestic issues but has been drug into an area he  has not interest, experience or knowledge of. Like many idiots, he want the simplest, loudest and most violent way of achieving his short term goal. Look at the Syrian pullout; his aides briefed him on issues he didn't understand, Erdogan talked to him about problems he didn't care about so he screamed "Waaa, I'm taking my toys home!".  That's not warmongering; that's infantile.

what's more infantile than reflexive warmongering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2018 at 8:10 PM, badlatitude said:

Oh, look! who was waiting to move in and make huge changes. An army that answers to no one, what a concept.

IKKFLOHQXNALHOXN6KYPHNYOCY.png

Secretary of Defense Jim Mattis is out.

Mattis' resignation comes amid news that President Donald Trump has directed the drawdown of 2,000 U.S. forces in Syria, and 7,000 U.S. forces from Afghanistan, a U.S. official confirmed to Military Times, a story first reported by the Wall Street Journal.

This month, in the January/February print issue of the gun and hunting magazine “Recoil," the former contractor security firm Blackwater USA published a full-page ad, in all black with a simple message: “We are coming.”

Is the war in Afghanistan — and possibly elsewhere ― about to be privatized?

If Blackwater returns, it would be the return of a private security contractor that was banned from Iraq, but re-branded and never really went away. By 2016 Blackwater had been re-named and restructured several times, and was known at the time as Constellis Group, when it was purchased by the Apollo Holdings Group. Reuters reported earlier this year that Apollo had put Constellis up for sale, but in June the sale was put on hold.

A representative for Constellis told Military Times late Friday that while it had acquired the former Blackwater training center in the 2016 purchase, it has no affiliation with the former security firm. It did not retain Blackwater’s founder and former CEO Erik Prince and has no current connection to him, or the firm’s former management structure.

The Recoil ad suggests Blackwater is making a resurgence on its own, but it was not clear in what form. The public affairs firm that handles Prince’s media engagements told Military Times Friday that he would not be able to speak beyond what was in the media “at this stage.”

Prince has courted President Donald Trump’s administration since he took office with the idea that the now 17-year Afghan War will never be won by a traditional military campaign. Prince has also argued that the logistical footprint required to support that now multi-trillion dollar endeavor has become too burdensome. Over the summer and into this fall Prince has engaged heavily with the media to promote the privatization; particularly as the Trump administration’s new South Asia Strategy, which was crafted with Mattis, passed the one-year mark. More at the link: https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/21/mattis-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/  https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2018/12/21/mattis-is-out-and-blackwater-is-back-we-are-coming/

 

Eric probably figured out that for malignant narcissists loyalty is a strictly one-way street....Trump wouldn't go a millimeter out of his way to further Blackwater's profits...and then sold out.

 Looks like the new owners are proudly jerking off.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Eric probably figured out that for malignant narcissists loyalty is a strictly one-way street....and then sold out. Sounds like the new owners are jerking off... 

Yep, but I wonder why Jefie never comments on this? Afraid he might be noticed?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pentagon spokeswoman Dana White to step down

Quote

“I appreciate the opportunity afforded to me by this administration to serve alongside Secretary Mattis, our Service members and all the civilians who support them. It has been my honor and privilege,” White wrote on Twitter Monday afternoon. “Stay safe and God bless.”

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/423354-pentagon-spokeswoman-dana-white-to-step-down?__twitter_impression=true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump has certainly come to hate "his generals"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites