Sign in to follow this  
A guy in the Chesapeake

Merry Christmas

I'm turning off the computer and taking a few days to cook, drink, make sawdust and play guitar.  I hope you sorry buncha fuggers have a Merry Christmas, and if you're offended by the wish, so much the better. ;-) 

• Like 8

Merry Christmas to you too..............

8 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm turning off the computer and taking a few days to cook, drink, make sawdust and play guitar.  I hope you sorry buncha fuggers have a Merry Christmas, and if you're offended by the wish, so much the better. ;-) 

Ah, so I can count you among those who employ schadenfreude as a perverted form of patriotism.  I don't think it's a Christian value to wish pain on others. 

I hope you have a good holiday, whether it be Christmas, Kwanza, Hannikuh, Ramadan, Saturnalia, or whatever.  Use the time to examine your hatred towards your fellow man. 

60-best-christmas-quotes-of-all-time-fam

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Ah, so I can count you among those who employ schadenfreude as a perverted form of patriotism.  I don't think it's a Christian value to wish pain on others. 

I hope you have a good holiday, whether it be Christmas, Kwanza, Hannikuh, Ramadan, Saturnalia, or whatever.  Use the time to examine your hatred towards your fellow man. 

I think you are mistaking some good natured ribbing for actual schadenfreude. Ches is a good guy, and the kind that would stop to help anyone out whether they were a trans woman with a Peta bumper sticker and a Hillary 2020 tshirt, or they were a redneck with no teeth driving an old pickup and wearing a MAGA hat. Ches is just good people. 

With that being said, Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all. Our family will have a different look and makeup this year, but that too is part of life and we will do our best to celebrate all of life, and to let go of any of the anger that tries to creep into it. 

• Like 3

Kinda early.... Back when I killed trees for decoration, we would have waited until tomorrow to even slink out after dark into the neighbor's yard to cut one down.....

44 minutes ago, LenP said:

I think you are mistaking some good natured ribbing for actual schadenfreude. Ches is a good guy, and the kind that would stop to help anyone out whether they were a trans woman with a Peta bumper sticker and a Hillary 2020 tshirt, or they were a redneck with no teeth driving an old pickup and wearing a MAGA hat. Ches is just good people. 

With that being said, Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all. Our family will have a different look and makeup this year, but that too is part of life and we will do our best to celebrate all of life, and to let go of any of the anger that tries to creep into it. 

"Merry Christmas, and if you're offended by the wish, so much the better. ;-) ":

How is that anything other than "I hope you are hurt".   I'm not much of a Christian, but I think that's pretty much the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught. Shitting on his teachings is not my idea of celebrating his birth. 

This is a common thread, and imho one of the underhanded ways people add to the division of our country. Those who rejoice in 'liberal tears', 'exploding heads' and 'triggers' are part of the problem, and I have little tolerance for it, so I point it out when I see it. 

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

Kinda early.... Back when I killed trees for decoration, we would have waited until tomorrow to even slink out after dark into the neighbor's yard to cut one down.....

Long before I knew Missus BB, she lived near Boothbay Harbor, ME for the holidays.  She would cut down a fir tree along the interstate, and mail a thank you card to the Governor!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Flaxmas.jpg

Had a conversation with a nice couple downtown today who expressed mixed feelings about hoping for snow on Christmas.

As a Southerner, my childhood Christmasses were not snowy and I've never really felt that particular bit of emotion. But I try to not say "WTF?" when people talk like this.

Merry Christmas, y'all

-DSK

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

"Merry Christmas, and if you're offended by the wish, so much the better. ;-) ":

How is that anything other than "I hope you are hurt".   I'm not much of a Christian, but I think that's pretty much the OPPOSITE of what Jesus taught. Shitting on his teachings is not my idea of celebrating his birth. 

This is a common thread, and imho one of the underhanded ways people add to the division of our country. Those who rejoice in 'liberal tears', 'exploding heads' and 'triggers' are part of the problem, and I have little tolerance for it, so I point it out when I see it. 

Its a JOKE referencing the bullshit "War on Christmas" ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays y'all, I am giving A Guy a pass on his backhanded wish as I know the pain of being a Republican here during these times has not been easy. Wishing some Boudreauxs for ya dude.  :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Its a JOKE referencing the bullshit "War on Christmas" ;)

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

No, he was expressing a very common feeling;  'I hope my words cause you pain'.  This is what passes for 'normal' now. 

If you're gonna be an asshole, own it.  Don't hide behind weasel words like 'just kidding'. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Had a conversation with a nice couple downtown today who expressed mixed feelings about hoping for snow on Christmas.

As a Southerner, my childhood Christmasses were not snowy and I've never really felt that particular bit of emotion. But I try to not say "WTF?" when people talk like this.

Merry Christmas, y'all

-DSK

I've got plenty of snow if they want some. Now which tree do I put the lights on?

IMAG0655.jpg

5 hours ago, Kirwan said:

No, he was expressing a very common feeling;  'I hope my words cause you pain'.  This is what passes for 'normal' now. 

If you're gonna be an asshole, own it.  Don't hide behind weasel words like 'just kidding'. 

lighten up petal..and a Merry "whatever" to you :)

Heading for the beach on Tuesday..who ever the weather god is, it's throwing us a pearler :)

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

lighten up petal..and a Merry "whatever" to you :)

Heading for the beach on Tuesday..who ever the weather god is, it's throwing us a pearler :)

Bugger off. Our latest wind storm blew off a couple of roses and broke a rhodo branch. It's the end of times.

Merry Christmas to all that believe, and a happy Bacchanalia to everyone else.

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Bugger off. Our latest wind storm blew off a couple of roses and broke a rhodo branch. It's the end of times.

Merry Christmas to all that believe, and a happy Bacchanalia to everyone else.

Bugger off? Rhodo branch?..I believe you're converting to 'Strine :D

On 12/21/2018 at 3:28 PM, LenP said:

I don’t get offended by anyone wishing me well, no matter the means. I cannot begrudge someone for beliefs that bring them peace, which they do not use to the detriment of others. I hope that your beliefs help bring you peace through this Christmas season. You and your family definitely deserve it. 

For Chessy and everyone else, Merry Christmas, if that’s your thing, or if you follow another god or gods (for you filthy pagans!) or winter solstice (check out that moon!). 

I’m in Annapolis on 1/11, for anyone that wants to down a cold one, tell me off or boot me in the nuts. 

Merry Christmas, to our better selves, and to all the bits which could use a good year. 

3 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Merry Christmas, to our better selves, and to all the bits which could use a good year. 

And all the best to you and yours Joe. 

It's good to see folks conforming to Political Correctness and saying "Merry Christmas" instead of the term "Happy Holidays" which obviously offends the Snowflakes.

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

It's good to see folks conforming to Political Correctness and saying "Merry Christmas" instead of the term "Happy Holidays" which obviously offends the Snowflakes.

Say it three times and you’ll get an angry visit from Carly D Catamoron. 

6 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Say it three times and you’ll get an angry visit from Carly D Catamoron. 

I laugh and laugh here. 

/seg

16 minutes ago, benwynn said:

We got bigger things to trigger

Bah! HUMBUG!

snow flowers 020.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

It's good to see folks conforming to Political Correctness and saying "Merry Christmas"

Political Correctness my arse .

It's been Merry Christmas since I was weaned and that was a while ago .

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas - I got to see most of my kids, son-in-law's on an unaccompanied tour overseas, just sent him some home-made jerky and paperbacks.  Oldest son got to the house yesterday afternoon - it's the first trip he's been able to make since his diagnosis last March.  We're taking he and his GF to a wonderful fixed-menu event at a lovely authentic Italian restaurant tonight - supper starts at 9, we'll likely be having dessert at 12:30.  

My extended family got to make a bunch of kids happy at a place in town who don't get many reasons thru the year to be happy - and my youngest said "Daddy - seeing them smile is a lot better than unwrapping anything under the tree".   I had to turn away for a second to clear my throat - but, was smiling when I turned back around.   

Hope everyone has a safe and happy new year, and tries to think of something that we can each do to make someone else feel a little better. 

• Like 1

I too hope that everyone has had a very happy holiday season.  

Some things that would make this particular someone feel a little better:

To have the *resident receive adequate oversight, sit on his phone and be taken on daily trips to his golf course of choice. 

For Stephen Miller to be given the job of cleaning the Washington Zoo elephant house for the next 40 years.

For all of us to realize that homelessness is unacceptable in the USA and we must address our  inadequate mental and medical health care and our burgeoning income inequality.

Simple little wishes.  

• Like 2