armchairadmiral

Ed's Outburst

Recommended Posts

Question on the Ed's latest Trump commercial. Isn't it the Democrats refusing funding supply by the due date ? And no one's not going to not be paid. It's a late pay day until the funds do come through ? This has been going on for years as the children running the US (that's both parties) throw their toys out of their cots at each other >

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stopped reading at this "I can here you righties wine"

If you can't even use hear for here and whine for wine on the front page, what you have to say isn't that relevant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sail2win said:

I stopped reading at this "I can here you righties wine"

If you can't even use hear for here and whine for wine on the front page, what you have to say isn't that relevant.

:lol:

fuck! Now I have to go and find the rest to read. :P

Edit to add

But the rest seems fairly valid. Can this last until after Christmas? Maybe new year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sail2win said:

I stopped reading at this "I can here you righties wine"

If you can't even use hear for here and whine for wine on the front page, what you have to say isn't that relevant.

a couple of spelling errors and it is rendered irrelevant? okay genius.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, armchairadmiral said:

Question on the Ed's latest Trump commercial. Isn't it the Democrats refusing funding supply by the due date ? And no one's not going to not be paid. It's a late pay day until the funds do come through ? This has been going on for years as the children running the US (that's both parties) throw their toys out of their cots at each other >

only a right winger would blame trump's temper tantrum for his fucking wall on the dems. fucking christ what an idiot.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

to keep this relevant to sailing, since the USCG doesn't fall under the DOD, they are all working without pay now. and yes, for the most part they will *probably* get their back pay, but it's not a guarantee - congress has to actually authorize that. whether it's everyone having a tantrum or not, there are so many better ways to do this. And the last people who should be screwed over by this is the USCG.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ryley said:

to keep this relevant to sailing, since the USCG doesn't fall under the DOD, they are all working without pay now. and yes, for the most part they will *probably* get their back pay, but it's not a guarantee - congress has to actually authorize that. whether it's everyone having a tantrum or not, there are so many better ways to do this. And the last people who should be screwed over by this is the USCG.

I thought I read/heard that Congress did authorize backpay last night.  Don't have the energy to search for a cite.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cal20sailor, you are correct - the senate passed it by unanimous consent. slipped by me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mad said:

:lol:

fuck! Now I have to go and find the rest to read. :P

Edit to add

But the rest seems fairly valid. Can this last until after Christmas? Maybe new year?

Don’t bother. FP BS again

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread needs b00bs

 

52531b8106439d7af1b5393d51370a28.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Editor said:

a couple of spelling errors and it is rendered irrelevant? okay genius.

Those are not spelling errors. The words used sure spelled correctly.  Those are grammatical errors.  Wrong version of the words used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Those are not spelling errors. The words used sure are spelled correctly.  Those are grammatical errors.  Wrong version of the words used.

FIFY. Everybody needs an editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weightless said:

FIFY. Everybody needs an editor.

Thanks. Writing this on a borrowed first gen IPad.  Not really used to autocorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VWAP said:

This thread needs b00bs

 

52531b8106439d7af1b5393d51370a28.jpg

Absolutely! Merry Christmas to y'all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Editor said:

only a right winger would blame trump's temper tantrum for his fucking wall on the dems. fucking christ what an idiot.

Now, now boys and girls, let’s stop and look at this a different way and as I’m a Ozzie I’m  so glad he’s your President.

 

1 - Donald has sold this wall to you all wrong. It’s not to keep people out of the US, it’s a big 2 sided street art project and the artie, fartie types in the world should be all for the wall, I mean street art project. If you are lucky “Banksy”  Might even help out with a peace.

 

Ready for this one 

2 - The USA has the best President  in the world.  Now stop and think before you have ago at me. 

 

He has shown that if you tell people (red necks and working class) “let’s make America great again” you can get voted in, you have problems.

He has shown that your electoral system needs up dating, when you can win a election and be President when less than 50% of the National vote you have problems.

when you have 50 states and they have different election laws and not all votes are counted, you have problems.

And last of all, when voting isn’t compulsory and most Americans can’t  got off their asses to vote, you have problems. 

 

In Australia last year, we had a non compulsory  postal survey / vote and we had a 85 - 90 % of all Australian voters reply and on Election Day we get 95 % +  Australians voters not only vote, we have all of our votes counted.

 

so STOP complaining about how good or Fucked your president is and get off your fat asses and do something to fix it. You know you vote every 4 years on the 9 November for a President. In a country with 300 + million people with such a little turnout of votes that voted last time, No wonder you got Donald for President. I’m told more Australians voted in our postal survey than vote in your last election 

 

So get off your Fat Asses and do something about it. 

 

now back to Sailing and leave this political crap to Political anarchy and off the front page

 

pulpit 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love it! 

Clowns think that screeching on the internet makes a difference!

”I am an influencer!”

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pulpit said:

He has shown that if you tell people (red necks and working class) “let’s make America great again” you can get voted in, you have problems.

He has shown that your electoral system needs up dating, when you can win a election and be President when less than 50% of the National vote you have problems.

when you have 50 states and they have different election laws and not all votes are counted, you have problems.

And last of all, when voting isn’t compulsory and most Americans can’t  got off their asses to vote, you have problems. 

 

In Australia last year, we had a non compulsory  postal survey / vote and we had a 85 - 90 % of all Australian voters reply and on Election Day we get 95 % +  Australians voters not only vote, we have all of our votes counted.

 

 

pulpit - you reckon we're better off with our system?

 

And FYI - the US is a republic, not a democracy. This is a feature, not a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, VOA said:

Love it! 

Clowns think that screeching on the internet makes a difference!

”I am an influencer!”

hmm.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

56264439-a-cartoon-comic-book-sonic-boom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, VOA said:

You’re old. Grow up

SMH

Grumpy is indeed an apt moniker .....................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

 

pulpit - you reckon we're better off with our system?

 

And FYI - the US is a republic, not a democracy. This is a feature, not a bug.

duncan,

 

Your right  our system isn’t perfect and we may not be better off some times as our politicians are only looking 3 years ahead and not planning 30 - 50 years ahead, my point was how can you complain about your government if you can’t get off your ass and have your say and if the rules are different in each state how can you get a fair out come ?

 

And yes I know the US is a republic and it still is a democracy even though voting isn’t compulsory and Yes, I believe we will end up being a republic some day. It’s just a matter of time 5 years, 20 years or 100 years. Australia will be a republic some day it’s just a matter of time.

 

My point is, I’m sick of hearing about how bad Donald is when most Americans can’t get off their Fat Asses to change how a President is elected when most Americans can’t even find the time to vote and have their say. 

 

On average I have to vote for local government, State government or Federal government once every 2-4 years each and when you look at it, it take no more than 20 - 30 mins each time out of my day when I have to vote. Most times I’ve made up my mind before Election Day so it’s just filling out the paperwork. When Australia gets more people voting in a election than a country like America then there is a problem don’t you think ? 

 

Yes, its funny watching Donald on one hand ( I could see the writing on the wall before he was elected as we are all fucked off at our politicians, most of us wouldn’t vote for person like Donald) and very sad on the other knowing he has his hand on the button. 

 

In a country like America were guns are a major problem with mass shootings every second week or massive un employment then the only way to change  is to get off there Fat Asses and vote with there feet and have your say in the ballot box. 

 

Now let’s move on to the real problems in life, who’s going to win handicap in the Sydney to Hobart and will Mark Richards be using brill cream, wax or resin to keep his hair in place after the start of the race and will Donald declared a National Public holiday if “Privateer” wins the race Overall or just tweet a message of support to the crew ?

 

pulpit 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Compulsory voting in a free country that values liberty (or, at least we did when we started)? Idiotic!

Anyone who thinks the U.S. presidential electoral system is unfair ("how can someone get less than 50% of the popular vote became president?!!") should study U.S. history or math. 

The electoral system is genius (just one of the things the Founders got right).  We are not simply "America;" we are a collection of 50 "United States." Electing a president by popular vote would be unfair (it's also why we have two houses of Congress, not just one -- one elected by popular vote and reflecting the population density, one with an equal voice for each state). Without an electoral college system, our president would be elected by the same 3 or 4 states every four years. The rest of the country would never have a voice. Liberals like this idea because the top two states that would elect the president would be California and New York. The others would also be mostly liberal, left and right coast population centers. The vast majority of citizens (who consistently poll center/right, btw) live in what politicians, both conservative and liberal, think of as "fly-over country." 

As a teacher (and one who spent 20+ sucessful years in business before joining the educational system), I can tell you that the reason our country is so fucked when it comes to how we govern ourselves is due to the fact that we do not teach history and citizenship in our public schools any more (which, ironically, is the prime reason we established a publicly-financed education system at the local/state level in the first place). When you let federally elected officials muck around with the education system (thanks Jimmy Carter), you get the same problems you have in every other federal department and program -- eventually decisions get made not for the long-term good of the country but for the short-term good of whichever party happens to be in power this year or two. It's not that we don't know the best way to educate children; we did it for generations and it gave us the most secure, prosperous, advanced, innovative, and generous society in the history of the planet. We lost our way, and I fear we can never return. The perpetuation of a free society hinges on how you educate the next generation(s), and we have destroyed that (in more ways than just what I mention here). 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DavidC59 said:

Electing a president by popular vote would be unfair

that says volumes .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VOA said:

Love it! 

Clowns think that screeching on the internet makes a difference!

”I am an influencer!”

I think that way when I see bumper stickers plastered all over a car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BillDBastard said:

Click bait.

And ED wins again.

Bingo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anybody else find it ironic that DT now wants American tax payers to fund a steel slat fence after he effectively raised the price of steel with tariffs?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

Compulsory voting in a free country that values liberty (or, at least we did when we started)? Idiotic!

Anyone who thinks the U.S. presidential electoral system is unfair ("how can someone get less than 50% of the popular vote became president?!!") should study U.S. history or math. 

The electoral system is genius (just one of the things the Founders got right).  We are not simply "America;" we are a collection of 50 "United States." Electing a president by popular vote would be unfair (it's also why we have two houses of Congress, not just one -- one elected by popular vote and reflecting the population density, one with an equal voice for each state). Without an electoral college system, our president would be elected by the same 3 or 4 states every four years. The rest of the country would never have a voice. Liberals like this idea because the top two states that would elect the president would be California and New York. The others would also be mostly liberal, left and right coast population centers. The vast majority of citizens (who consistently poll center/right, btw) live in what politicians, both conservative and liberal, think of as "fly-over country." 

As a teacher (and one who spent 20+ sucessful years in business before joining the educational system), I can tell you that the reason our country is so fucked when it comes to how we govern ourselves is due to the fact that we do not teach history and citizenship in our public schools any more (which, ironically, is the prime reason we established a publicly-financed education system at the local/state level in the first place). When you let federally elected officials muck around with the education system (thanks Jimmy Carter), you get the same problems you have in every other federal department and program -- eventually decisions get made not for the long-term good of the country but for the short-term good of whichever party happens to be in power this year or two. It's not that we don't know the best way to educate children; we did it for generations and it gave us the most secure, prosperous, advanced, innovative, and generous society in the history of the planet. We lost our way, and I fear we can never return. The perpetuation of a free society hinges on how you educate the next generation(s), and we have destroyed that (in more ways than just what I mention here). 

You nailed it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

Compulsory voting in a free country that values liberty (or, at least we did when we started)? Idiotic!

Anyone who thinks the U.S. presidential electoral system is unfair ("how can someone get less than 50% of the popular vote became president?!!") should study U.S. history or math. 

The electoral system is genius (just one of the things the Founders got right).  We are not simply "America;" we are a collection of 50 "United States." Electing a president by popular vote would be unfair (it's also why we have two houses of Congress, not just one -- one elected by popular vote and reflecting the population density, one with an equal voice for each state). Without an electoral college system, our president would be elected by the same 3 or 4 states every four years. The rest of the country would never have a voice. Liberals like this idea because the top two states that would elect the president would be California and New York. The others would also be mostly liberal, left and right coast population centers. The vast majority of citizens (who consistently poll center/right, btw) live in what politicians, both conservative and liberal, think of as "fly-over country." 

As a teacher (and one who spent 20+ sucessful years in business before joining the educational system), I can tell you that the reason our country is so fucked when it comes to how we govern ourselves is due to the fact that we do not teach history and citizenship in our public schools any more (which, ironically, is the prime reason we established a publicly-financed education system at the local/state level in the first place). When you let federally elected officials muck around with the education system (thanks Jimmy Carter), you get the same problems you have in every other federal department and program -- eventually decisions get made not for the long-term good of the country but for the short-term good of whichever party happens to be in power this year or two. It's not that we don't know the best way to educate children; we did it for generations and it gave us the most secure, prosperous, advanced, innovative, and generous society in the history of the planet. We lost our way, and I fear we can never return. The perpetuation of a free society hinges on how you educate the next generation(s), and we have destroyed that (in more ways than just what I mention here). 

Part of the plan...dumb down the citizenry and tell them they are smart... “educated” is the buzz word they like to bestow on each other 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Irony: complaining about a political piece on the FP by starting a thread in SA when there is an entire forum for this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

Anyone who thinks the U.S. presidential electoral system is unfair ("how can someone get less than 50% of the popular vote became president?!!") should study U.S. history or math. 

...The vast majority of citizens (who consistently poll center/right, btw) live in what politicians, both conservative and liberal, think of as "fly-over country." 

As a teacher (and one who spent 20+ sucessful years in business before joining the educational system), I can tell you that the reason our country is so fucked ...

 

I read Mills and Hamilton and studied US history in a building that had "School of Citizenship" carved into its facade. I've studied mathematics.  I reject both of your arguments from authority. Well informed and reasonable people have concerns about the fairness of the US electoral system.  I think most would concede that the tyranny of the majority is a serous concern. However, a tyranny of the minority (tyranny) is worse. Fair governance is a remarkably complicated problem.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the "vast majority" of citizens live in "fly-over country." The vast majority of US citizens live in urban areas, mostly in the 9 most populous states, and are well served by airports.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Part of the plan...dumb down the citizenry and tell them they are smart...

It's certainly working with you and your elk.

Edit to add this quote...

Quote

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

 

Edited by Ishmael
hubris
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't say things like this often but instead of arguing over what pissant politicos do, we should be focused on the big issues that matter to a lot of sailors.  For instance. 
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

0y2ejS3S.jpg

 

Peace on earth, bros.  And good will.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

It's certainly working with you and your elk.

Edit to add this quote...

 

Hey!  Leave my elk out of this discussion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Veeger said:

Hey!  Leave my elk out of this discussion!

I’ve been restraining myself these past few weeks pointing out the misuse...idk.. ilk...elk..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Elk was born in PA by a poster who has drifted away*. He coined some real gems including but not limited to  As Eva Dent.

The best humor is the inadvertent.

*edit: it's possible he is still there since we continually have a new crop of returds but I don't think so, his writing style using Manglish was too unique.

RIP Freedom

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, weightless said:

 

I read Mills and Hamilton and studied US history in a building that had "School of Citizenship" carved into its facade. I've studied mathematics.  I reject both of your arguments from authority. Well informed and reasonable people have concerns about the fairness of the US electoral system.  I think most would concede that the tyranny of the majority is a serous concern. However, a tyranny of the minority (tyranny) is worse. Fair governance is a remarkably complicated problem.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the "vast majority" of citizens live in "fly-over country." The vast majority of US citizens live in urban areas, mostly in the 9 most populous states, and are well served by airports.

Well if you don’t like our Constitutional republic, you’re welcome to try to change it.

Good luck with that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J28 said:

Well if you don’t like our Constitutional republic, you’re welcome to try to change it.

Good luck with that....

A lot of Trump supporters would rather have a more authoritarian form of government, and Trump is working hard to give it to them.

FC6FD9E3-4A94-44AA-9532-B3F26C291FFA.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, J28 said:

Well if you don’t like our Constitutional republic, you’re welcome to try to change it.

Good luck with that....

I'm very much in favor of our constitutional republic. One of its great properties is that it includes methods for orderly change. It has evolved a great deal over the years and I think that's a good thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Elk was born in PA by a poster who has drifted away*. He coined some real gems including but not limited to  As Eva Dent.

The best humor is the inadvertent.

*edit: it's possible he is still there since we continually have a new crop of returds but I don't think so, his writing style using Manglish was too unique.

RIP Freedom

So he was like Ricky from the trailer park boys? 

'Does a bear shit on the pope?'

'Don't judge a cover of a book by its look'

'Escape goat'

'Friends with the Benedicts'

'Worst case Ontario'

'Scale from one or ten'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, ryley said:

to keep this relevant to sailing, since the USCG doesn't fall under the DOD, they are all working without pay now. and yes, for the most part they will *probably* get their back pay, but it's not a guarantee - congress has to actually authorize that. whether it's everyone having a tantrum or not, there are so many better ways to do this. And the last people who should be screwed over by this is the USCG.

Close Down the Coastguard. Let the US Navy guard the coastline. Search and rescue needs to be privatized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Take it to PA.

It always escapes. Ed is just as guilty.

I don’t care about everyone’s politics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OutofOffice said:

It always escapes. Ed is just as guilty.

I don’t care about everyone’s politics.

The Ed is the most prolific offender of anyone when it comes to PA'ing outside of PA :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J28 said:

It’s all about the clicks, which bring the Benjis....

Scot collects stray dogs?

benji1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=618&h

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

Compulsory voting in a free country that values liberty (or, at least we did when we started)? Idiotic!

Anyone who thinks the U.S. presidential electoral system is unfair ("how can someone get less than 50% of the popular vote became president?!!") should study U.S. history or math. 

The electoral system is genius (just one of the things the Founders got right).  We are not simply "America;" we are a collection of 50 "United States." Electing a president by popular vote would be unfair (it's also why we have two houses of Congress, not just one -- one elected by popular vote and reflecting the population density, one with an equal voice for each state). Without an electoral college system, our president would be elected by the same 3 or 4 states every four years. The rest of the country would never have a voice. Liberals like this idea because the top two states that would elect the president would be California and New York. The others would also be mostly liberal, left and right coast population centers. The vast majority of citizens (who consistently poll center/right, btw) live in what politicians, both conservative and liberal, think of as "fly-over country." 

As a teacher (and one who spent 20+ sucessful years in business before joining the educational system), I can tell you that the reason our country is so fucked when it comes to how we govern ourselves is due to the fact that we do not teach history and citizenship in our public schools any more (which, ironically, is the prime reason we established a publicly-financed education system at the local/state level in the first place). When you let federally elected officials muck around with the education system (thanks Jimmy Carter), you get the same problems you have in every other federal department and program -- eventually decisions get made not for the long-term good of the country but for the short-term good of whichever party happens to be in power this year or two. It's not that we don't know the best way to educate children; we did it for generations and it gave us the most secure, prosperous, advanced, innovative, and generous society in the history of the planet. We lost our way, and I fear we can never return. The perpetuation of a free society hinges on how you educate the next generation(s), and we have destroyed that (in more ways than just what I mention here). 

David,

 

I understand what you have written and I do see some of your views and points. 

 

Now think about this, your for founders wrote your constitution how many hundred years ago  ?

 

From looking In from the outside things need to be looked at. When your constitution was written it was to bring your country together and parts of your core amendments worked because of the times, the right to bear arms for instance.  Now it’s out dated and there would be other things that need looking at too.

 

When you have 50 states and even at a federal election they have different rule to run the election in each state then you have a problem. When George W Bush beat Al Gore and not all the votes were counted in a area that was likely to help Gore because of the California election rules and 1 of Bush’s family who was the governor was able to stop the counting and it could of changed the out come of a election, that’s not right. 

 

Mate, when people don’t even feel that taking the time to vote for a President once every 4 years isn’t worth it. Then there is a problem. One of the things that pisses me off more than anything is when someone is complaining about the government and they can’t even take time to vote and have a say. The problem American has is to many people can’t get off their asses to vote and still believe they have the right to complain about their government. They don’t. 

 

If you want change in America, then you all need to take interest in your country. You only get the government you deserve if you take little or no interest and don’t vote in a election.  Donald has shown this in being elected as your President. 

 

So the next time you are at a BBQ, party or get together and some one is complaining about  Donald or the government, stop and ask them “did you vote at the last election or not” and if they say No, tell them to shut the fuck up as they are a lazy and they don’t have the right to complain. 

 

Pulpit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How the fuck did those non sailing pa  dumb fucks find this side of the forum?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 4:50 PM, armchairadmiral said:

Question on the Ed's latest Trump commercial. Isn't it the Democrats refusing funding supply by the due date ? And no one's not going to not be paid. It's a late pay day until the funds do come through ? This has been going on for years as the children running the US (that's both parties) throw their toys out of their cots at each other >

You know about "Freedom of the Press", right?

Well, the first thing you need to practice freedom of the press is the actual press, i.e. a means to publish. Today, the web provides the same facility as a printing press did back in Ben Franklin's days. If you own or license or lease the servers and software, you are the legal publisher. If you disagree with the publisher, you are free to acquire your own means of publication and use it to deliver whatever message you want.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2018 at 10:24 PM, VWAP said:

This thread needs b00bs

 

52531b8106439d7af1b5393d51370a28.jpg

 

Thanks for leaving out the lower unit with the full nut sack!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Somebody Else said:

You know about "Freedom of the Press", right?

Well, the first thing you need to practice freedom of the press is the actual press, i.e. a means to publish. Today, the web provides the same facility as a printing press did back in Ben Franklin's days. If you own or license or lease the servers and software, you are the legal publisher. If you disagree with the publisher, you are free to acquire your own means of publication and use it to deliver whatever message you want.

Ed of course owns the site and can do what he wants. I just want to be able to avoid PA when I am not in the mood for it and go there when I am. If the sailing forums become PA-lite the sailors won't be on them much longer.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now