Point Break

What a Bunch of Entitled Wusses We’ve Raised

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

You're right - I forgot that I live in a country controlled by intelligent people so we won't get bankrupted by the ailments of old age.

Ya get what you pay for...I'll take the state of the medical arts treatments available in the US over the Canadian model...say.. why do some many Canadians with the means...come to the US for procedures ?...Many Maple Leaf flags this time of the year in my neck of the woods....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Ya get what you pay for...I'll take the state of the medical arts treatments available in the US over the Canadian model...say.. why do some many Canadians with the means...come to the US for procedures ?...Many Maple Leaf flags this time of the year in my neck of the woods....

Probably because it's warm. True, there are wait time for elective surgeries in Canada, but that's largely because of increased access to care.

People in the US generally have no idea how much the rest of the world had caught up or even surpassed the US. I worked for many years for a major US healthcare company selling US pharmaceuticals and medical devices in overseas markets.  I've seen a lot of different medical systems.  Essentially no matter the system, you have the same products and drugs, often US or EU trained surgeons, getting similar or better medical outcome rates at less than half the cost.  

Pick something else where we're more awesome. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Ya get what you pay for...I'll take the state of the medical arts treatments available in the US over the Canadian model...say.. why do some many Canadians with the means...come to the US for procedures ?...Many Maple Leaf flags this time of the year in my neck of the woods....

It's been explained to you and your elk ad nauseam so I'll pass on doing it again. You all prefer to pretend to be just too thick to comprehend it.

I'm happy for you that you aren't one of the 40,000,000 Americans who can't afford proper health care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mad said:

The Vietnam war and military conscription has fuck all to do with me, or this conversation. 

How are you going to make someone leave <somewhere> without compulsion?

How are you going to get people to join the military or some other form of public service type support organisation without compulsion?

Post 55 - it was you that said

"Sending them overseas would be a great educational experience.  "

Perhaps you should have used the purple font......

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

"Sending them overseas would be a great educational experience.  "

That was the intent of the Peace Corps.

Vietnam won that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2018 at 2:42 PM, Marcjsmith said:

Or a two year enlistment in the service of choice.  To be served stateside. 

Call it a gap year, life training, ect....

I have said it before and I will say it again.  The military is not a training school for misbehaving youth, or misguided, spoiled brats.  The military has a very real job and today's US military is as good and as professional as it has ever been.   Today's weapons are very sophisticated and getting more so all of the time.   What is being suggested is a draft, plain and simple and a draft should only be instituted if the US is faced with a  very serious military situation.  Although most of the draftees during the Viet Nam war performed admirably, it wasn't a very good situation.  The last thing the military needs right now is a bunch of overweight whiners that don't want to be there.  In addition there is no need for more people in the military currently, nor is there money for them.

I served 2 separate enlistments, 12 years apart, in the Army.  The first right after the draft ended in the '70s and the 2nd time in the late '80s.   The 2nd time around the increased professionalism and positive attitude of the soldiers was remarkable.  

Today's US military is a professional, well trained, well equipped, highly lethal, combat hardened, experienced force.  Not a baby sitting service or a reform school.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ed Lada said:

I have said it before and I will say it again.  The military is not a training school for misbehaving youth, or misguided, spoiled brats.  The military has a very real job and today's US military is as good and as professional as it has ever been.   Today's weapons are very sophisticated and getting more so all of the time.   What is being suggested is a draft, plain and simple and a draft should only be instituted if the US is faced with a  very serious military situation.  Although most of the draftees during the Viet Nam war performed admirably, it wasn't a very good situation.  The last thing the military needs right now is a bunch of overweight whiners that don't want to be there.  In addition there is no need for more people in the military currently, nor is there money for them.

I served 2 separate enlistments, 12 years apart, in the Army.  The first right after the draft ended in the '70s and the 2nd time in the late '80s.   The 2nd time around the increased professionalism and positive attitude of the soldiers was remarkable.  

Today's US military is a professional, well trained, well equipped, highly lethal, combat hardened, experienced force.  Not a baby sitting service or a reform school.

I strongly agree with this. I have served with draftees. Some were great...some were not. I also served with persons who the judge gave two choices...enlist or jail. None of those were good.

I do agree with community service but I don't think the military is the place. There are tons of really important things that can be done domestically and could be assisted by that sort of work force....not all of it is necessarily physical labor either. Although I will confess...I would not want to be the person in charge of organizing/supervising/motivating those whose sole reason for their service was compulsory..............no thanks........

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Point Break said:

I strongly agree with this. I have served with draftees. Some were great...some were not. I also served with persons who the judge gave two choices...enlist or jail. None of those were good.

I do agree with community service but I don't think the military is the place. There are tons of really important things that can be done domestically and could be assisted by that sort of work force....not all of it is necessarily physical labor either. Although I will confess...I would not want to be the person in charge of organizing/supervising/motivating those whose sole reason for their service was compulsory..............no thanks........

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/30/2018 at 3:35 AM, Ed Lada said:

I have said it before and I will say it again.  The military is not a training school for misbehaving youth, or misguided, spoiled brats.  The military has a very real job and today's US military is as good and as professional as it has ever been.   Today's weapons are very sophisticated and getting more so all of the time.   What is being suggested is a draft, plain and simple and a draft should only be instituted if the US is faced with a  very serious military situation.  Although most of the draftees during the Viet Nam war performed admirably, it wasn't a very good situation.  The last thing the military needs right now is a bunch of overweight whiners that don't want to be there.  In addition there is no need for more people in the military currently, nor is there money for them.

I served 2 separate enlistments, 12 years apart, in the Army.  The first right after the draft ended in the '70s and the 2nd time in the late '80s.   The 2nd time around the increased professionalism and positive attitude of the soldiers was remarkable.  

Today's US military is a professional, well trained, well equipped, highly lethal, combat hardened, experienced force.  Not a baby sitting service or a reform school.

But the commander in chief is an overweight whiner who doesn't want to be there.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

But the commander in chief is an overweight whiner who doesn't want to be there.....

Careful, you are tiptoeing very close to the PA line.  Don't get burned!

 

E5109.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Fuck that. I say Rump is a pedophile.

Just remeber; There are old anarchists and there are bold anarchists, but there aren't too many old, bold anarchists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

Fuck that. I say Rump is a pedophile.

With incestuous fantasies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Just remeber; There are old anarchists and there are bold anarchists, but there aren't too many old, bold anarchists.

I say "Fuck thet!"                             :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

"Sending them overseas would be a great educational experience.  "

I've always found it strange that OE is so encouraged and embraced in NZ and OZ  and is widely recognized as a positive educational influence and yet  in the USA is regarded/ reviled  as a public service obligation. 

Similarly, I was amazed how many young Aussies and  Kiwis were intimately familiar with US geography, history and politics ( this was circa 1999/ 2000) compared to our US friends and rellies whom, when told we were going to NZ for a while just said 'Where's that?'

Maine's  going through a weird non crisis now, trying to downgrade education to better prepare students for low paying non technical jobs in an attempt to keep young folk from moving out of state rather than encouraging an Overseas or just Out of State experience to see some of the outside world, then come back and use what you've learned to make home a better place. Kinda xenophobic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda?

What could Americans possibly learn from other cultures when they are already the best, richest, most powerful, smartest, healthiest, most successful nation in history?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I say "Fuck thet!"                             :)

You are Russian! Explains your broken english. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willin' said:

I've always found it strange that OE is so encouraged and embraced in NZ and OZ  and is widely recognized as a positive educational influence and yet  in the USA is regarded/ reviled  as a public service obligation.

Mostly our children go overseas in search of jobs, experience and a desire to see the world outside home. They're not being *sent* overseas to some shit hole where people hate them and want to kill them. They're also not terrified of different languages and cultures. Mine at least were raised to have enquiring minds and think about stuff.

Some of our children don't come back and that's just fine too. Most eventually do, much richer for their experiences.

The USA isn't really all that attractive unless you're a top flight professional in engineering, IT, medicine or science and even then, there are a lot of downsides that US citizens don't understand.

FKT

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Kinda?

What could Americans possibly learn from other cultures when they are already the best, richest, most powerful, smartest, healthiest, most successful nation in history?

Humility?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

You forgotte usse purpelle fonte

Im not sure the purple font was warranted......

 

Present company excepted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Kinda?

What could Americans possibly learn from other cultures when they are already the best, richest, most powerful, smartest, healthiest, most successful nation in history?

Well sheeeit. While we're not as great as we once were, we're as great one more time, at least, as we ever were.

Press #1 for a B-1

Press #2 for B-2

Press #3 for B-21. I always use my middle finger for this one. 

Real power comes from the barrel of a gun, as the Chinese know well. Plus we have Jollywood, and a country with vast natural resources including citizens who will put down their tools and put their lives on hold to go bail out others who'll badmouth us as we help them. Kinda like the folks around the water cooler wasting company time bitching about the boss.

Rump was a big mistake. I hope we live thru it, and you whiners better hope so too.

Happy New Year bitches!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 9:40 PM, Point Break said:

Good lord.........are there more or does social media just make it seem that way? 

https://news.yahoo.com/angry-mom-confronts-dog-handler-064700272.html

The woman is a retard in several ways. The most obvious is the example she is setting for her daughter. 

But I see more and more manifestations of this sort of stuff and, although not exclusive, it seems to be particularly prevalent in the US. It seems to come down to not only entitlement but to narcissism and self-centeredness. It’s ALL about them and there is not even a nano-second’s thought to how their actions might affect anyone else. 

Mans while not the cause, I think social media has a massive role in the exponential explosion of this sort of behavior in the last decade or so. SM conditions people to focus on themselves. Selfies are the very epitome of this. But I digress.....  people these days, and not just kids, think nothing of playing videos with volume turned up in a restaurant or other public spaces, talk on their phone at max volume in those same spaces, stand in the middle of an aisle, sidewalk or doorway blocking it while they text on their phone, etc. it’s just simple lack of awareness or consideration for anyone else around them. It’s all about them, screw anyone else who might be inconvenienced. 

And those kids can get the hell off my lawn while their at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

The woman is a retard in several ways. The most obvious is the example she is setting for her daughter. 

But I see more and more manifestations of this sort of stuff and, although not exclusive, it seems to be particularly prevalent in the US. It seems to come down to not only entitlement but to narcissism and self-centeredness. It’s ALL about them and there is not even a nano-second’s thought to how their actions might affect anyone else. 

Mans while not the cause, I think social media has a massive role in the exponential explosion of this sort of behavior in the last decade or so. SM conditions people to focus on themselves. Selfies are the very epitome of this. But I digress.....  people these days, and not just kids, think nothing of playing videos with volume turned up in a restaurant or other public spaces, talk on their phone at max volume in those same spaces, stand in the middle of an aisle, sidewalk or doorway blocking it while they text on their phone, etc. it’s just simple lack of awareness or consideration for anyone else around them. It’s all about them, screw anyone else who might be inconvenienced. 

And those kids can get the hell off my lawn while their at it. 

Fokin hipsters!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good god!! Stop interfering with Darwin!! Pouring some chlorine into the gene pool is not a bad thing. We get to see some hilarious you tube videos and the the culling is self directed!! Leave it alone.....its a self limiting phenomenon......BTW....you don't see any Baby Boomers doing this.........

https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/3/18166594/bird-box-challenge-netflix-tweet-instagram-tiktok-youtube-morgan-adams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Naahhhhh - we had acid.

And musclecars.

Darwin worked fine then......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed he did - nobody messed with him much, they just let him go about his business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Indeed he did - nobody messed with him much, they just let him go about his business.

:D My point exactly! Let it be......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Naahhhhh - we had acid.

And musclecars.

And fast motorbikes and no drink-drive laws...

FKT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now