Mid

2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

5 hours ago, frant said:

LB has let himself down badly by flying the Red Ensign, My Yacht, by virtue of being on the Register of a Royal Yacht Club and by Royal assent as evidenced by a letter from a representative of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is entitled to fly the Blue Ensign. Of course we couldn’t have commercially tainted craft doing that as it is not a Yacht but a mere workboat. Maybe rather than a Tory LB is one of the despicable Nouveau Riche folk.

My club RQ has a royal warrant obviously but the right to fly the blue ensign is granted to the vessel not the club here in oz you silly cunt. Or are you mistaking the Australian civil  flag ( a defaced blue ensign) for a real blue ensign. But Don’t be concerned about your ignorance, we let clueless bogans into our club now as well. BTW my respectful comment about your cube collection was based on my belief that you were talking about World Champion cubes. If you were referring to anything else my respect is withdrawn. 

1 hour ago, shaggybaxter said:

It was the mutt Jack, not my sister. 

I put her down though, all the other dogs were laughing and calling her names. 

Seemed only humane to end it quickly.

Oi! Where were you today?. Been waiting all afternoon. Heading back tomorrow now- Mum is back in hospital will txt or call tomorrow.

over.

Just for the record, Randumb would lick his own dick if he could. Because he can’t he just licks the windows. Again congratulations WOXI on a magnificent win.

I hope your Mum is ok LB.

I've been sailing up and down the bay all bloody afternoon,and couldn't find a living soul. I puzzled and puzzled over it all the way in till I finally realised what was going on..

I'd forgotten to turn my AIS on.

:D:D:lol::D

Hat...coat..

• Like 1

Again congratulations WOXI on a magnificent win effort to cross the line first. It's a shame you were non-compliant with the rules. Better luck next year.

• Like 1

Christian,

To claim one could "easily" have a 2m pole plus antenna sticking up off a 1m transom antenna farm suggests you have little understanding of the pitching moment of a super maxi at 30 knots. The reinforcement required to keep such a lever from ripping out of the farm would be significant and for no real benefit.

Further, if you believe you can mount two VHF antenna within 100mm of one another and have one broadcast at 12W (25W at the radio less allowed cable loss) and not destroy the other's receiver then please proceed with the testing and publish the results.

All this nonsense notwithstanding, the facts remain that a 250g VHF antenna splitter is a far, far superior solution to either a transom mounted 3m AIS antenna or a second masthead antenna once all the ramifications are considered. In other words, as I said previously, the rules all but require the use of a splitter.

1 hour ago, HILLY said:

G'day Francis, I always enjoy reading your posts, even the tech ones that go way over my head, you bring an honest, erudite, educational balance to what can be full blown un-hinged threads.

Having said that, there are probably many people who dismiss or support Nic as a "bubbly blonde",  but are unaware of her C.V. 

I wonder how many of the contrarians are world champions in there chosen sport... I am posting a link here to Nics C.V. available to anyone who is willing to find it;

http://www.nicdouglass.org/biography/

Disclaimer: I have only ever briefly met Nic once, but she comes from a place I have close family ties to, there aren't many world champions coming out of the Milton / Ulladulla area.

Maybe the detractors on here or elsewhere can post their sailing resume' next time..

Thanks mate x 

22 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Your “Royal” club and some others around the world use the plain blue ensign. Other “Royal” clubs in Oz and around the world use the defaced blue ensign, the defacement being unique to the club. Both types of ensign are issued to the vessel, but can only be applied for through the club. If you leave the “Royal” club, you must handover your ensign and pennant. And as you know, there are also prescribed rules of etiquette for using the ensign and pennant.

Been there, done it. Royal Channel Islands Yacht Club, defaced blue ensign.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Pretty sad but easily cured. Just put a cardboard cutout of this guy behind you for live feeds and all will be sweet. However how tempting it may be, don't put a Zik cap on him, that may diminish the message.

enforcer.jpg

So that’s what Cleans been up to. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

That then makes Randumb 00.01%. Is that a Xmas/New Year generosity overshoot statistic of yours Mad?

It was a very rare moment of goodwill, it won’t happen again. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Just for the record, Randumb would lick his own dick if he could. Because he can’t he just licks the windows. Again congratulations WOXI on a magnificent win.

I didn’t think Random had windows in mums basement. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, random said:

During an interview, when a face suddenly shows both eyes and teeth to the camera, we all involuntarily have to look at it,

Don’t mind Randumb Nic, he is not used to seeing girls with a full set of teeth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Don’t mind Randumb Nic, he is not used to seeing girls with a full set of teeth. 

p25575_v_v8_ab.thumb.jpg.844d82999123d29c55198968aff17d18.jpg

14 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Actually I meant what I said and already explained in reply to Lion upthread. While majority of sats with AIS trancievers are low earth orbit (which explains the long ping interval), there are some geostationary at a lower altitude than most geostationary over select locations. They appear to be of the  low cost/shorter time stay up there variety for the reason Lion stats.  

Jeezuz!  Can't even get that right.

"Orbital stability. A geostationary orbit can be achieved only at an altitude very close to 35,786 km(22,236 mi) and directly above the equator.  All geostationary satellites have to be located on this ring."

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Is it time to take the dog for another illegal shit on the National Park beach?  Taunt the Ranger with a barking dog?  BTW did you wave her down yesterday and call her a "lazy fat fuck" or do you only do that on the internet?

You are a casebook Richards supporter, fuck the rules, whatever is best for me me me.

• Like 2

"These cheating and rule-breaking claims are easy to make, but it is not who we are."

"It was very dark and it was easy to get disorientated"

"We have been accused of something which simply never happened'

"I would have been happy to come fourth in the race! "

“We definitely did not turn it off, it was fried by the media equipment provided.

"We can very clearly prove that we had our AIS on for the entire race.

"We could see their lights perfectly, and we all knew exactly what was going on."

"We were all in sight of each other for the whole race and at night we were within two miles of each other.

tenor.gif?itemid=4496663

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

2 hours ago, mad said:

he is not used to seeing girls who are not his mum

p25575_v_v8_ab.thumb.jpg.844d82999123d29c55198968aff17d18.jpg

Mad, I fixed your reply by adding text, especially for those who don't know BBB

1 hour ago, frant said:

Ah resorting to name calling and abuse again. Yes the letter of assent to fly the Blue ensign is given to the “Yacht” upon application to the Queens representative by virtue of being on a Royal Yacht Club register. Maybe your club allows workboats on the register, don’t really care. But yes the Blue ensign that I choose to fly is defaced with the white stars of the Southern Cross!

Given that you are probably a person emanating an odour of off prawns yourself, and display your ignorance through your ramblings on the forums, I am not particularly concerned to have your respect or otherwise. My sailing CV is OK BTW.

You are an odd chap. When did I say my Jeanneau had a warrant to fly the blue ensign? Why is a charter yacht a prawn trawler? Didn’t ask about your sailing CV just how many S2H you have done and your answer is none which puts the endless drivel you have written about the race in perspective. Go play on your Laser with the blue ensign and leave discussions about offshore racing to those that have actually done it. And speaking of ignorant, You don’t need a warrant to fly the Australian civil ensign on a boat cupcake. That is not the Blue ensign you were wanking on about. You really should shut the fuck up now but you won’t be able to help yourself so play on.

2 hours ago, random said:

Is it time to take the dog for another illegal shit on the National Park beach?  Taunt the Ranger with a barking dog?  BTW did you wave her down yesterday and call her a "lazy fat fuck" or do you only do that on the internet?

You are a casebook Richards supporter, fuck the rules, whatever is best for me me me.

Have you thought about seeing someone about your obsession? Or are you to busy editing your comments about sailor girl? 

Hey when are you going to tell MR he is a cheating cunt to his face? I might sell tickets. But I doubt he would bother swinging a punch a drugged out hippy in his 60’s. More than likely he would just laugh at you. Like we all do.

Why has the Ed allowed  the sycophantic "I have sailed on the boat - unpaid" Blue Robinson crap on the home page. If that is the case then more fool he as all the other wonder boys of ocean racing he lists were getting PAID! And that's the problem. The AIS was not working. Richards acknowledged thus after the finish saying it was not required in the rules. They should have made a declaration when they finished. It is likely the race commitee relay boat also knew. So the RC should have protested. 

9 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Have you thought about seeing someone about your obsession? Or are you to busy editing your comments about sailor girl? 

Hey when are you going to tell MR he is a cheating cunt to his face? I might sell tickets. But I doubt he would bother swinging a punch a drugged out hippy in his 60’s. More than likely he would just laugh at you. Like we all do.

So did your dog shit on the beach today?  Did you see the Ranger and tell her she is  "lazy fat fuck"?

Tell us more about your practices of abusing the rules to suit yourself.  Then post pictures of the breach on the interweb!

No wonder you are a Richards fan boi, you admire people who take what they want for themselves and bugger the rest of you.

13 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Why has the Ed allowed  the sycophantic "I have sailed on the boat - unpaid" Blue Robinson crap on the home page. If that is the case then more fool he as all the other wonder boys of ocean racing he lists were getting PAID! And that's the problem. The AIS was not working. Richards acknowledged thus after the finish saying it was not required in the rules. They should have made a declaration when they finished. It is likely the race commitee relay boat also knew. So the RC should have protested. 

I think it would be categorised as 'balanced reporting'.  Sadly.

But the angle is predictable.  As you have pointed out, bleats of 'we are not cheats' are distractions from the real issue that is, it does not matter if it was deliberate or not.

The AIS Tx was not working.  Should have retired on being told that.

The infantile concept of "but but we didn't mean to do it, it was the mean and nasty technology that did it" is beyond belief at this level.

56 minutes ago, frant said:

I suspect that this “confirmation” is never going to happen. Step outside of this forum and have a look at the situation. Those who believe and support WOXI already do, those who don’t are unlikely to be swayed and there are probably none that don’t have a foregone opinion already...

..Given that they can’t change the whole post race events why bother prolonging this issue. I could of course be proven wrong in a day or two.

You might need to rethink interest now is restricted to those contributing to this thread which btw has hit over 1,800 contributions in a week. There is obviously a lot of "read only" people with over 39,000 views.

As for there being only two WOXI views, those who support and those who do not support. That is nonsense. You forget the many that remain of a open mind, who I suspect out number the believers and non-believers combined.

You also seem to forgot that Richards has a demand for an apology from the RC still on the table. An apology he has sought based on him proving his claim.

As for your brain fart that Richards not delivering on his promise to provide evidence will prolong the issue? That evidence puts it to bed once and for all. You simply don't make any sense.

Of course we could all sit back and wait for next years race. Unfortunately coverage won't include any on board TV cameras as there is a unsubstainated claim their uplink fries onboard electronics.

3 minutes ago, random said:

I think it would be categorised as 'balanced reporting'.  Sadly.

But the angle is predictable.  As you have pointed out, bleats of 'we are not cheats' are distractions from the real issue that is, it does not matter if it was deliberate or not.

The AIS Tx was not working.  Should have retired on being told that.

The infantile concept of "but but we didn't mean to do it, it was the mean and nasty technology that did it" is beyond belief at this level.

Agree completely.  Even Brad Butterworth reported the AIS was not working. They should have declared and taken a penalty or even retired. Too many peeps getting paid to win and so lose their perspective on sportsmanship and fair sailing. 

Not reading anything since I left this thread, just to make a comment that's been sitting in my craw.

I am always amused how people think that if one rule doesn't take care of a situation, then some other rule will be the omnibus collect all rule that will get the result they want.  Some have suggested a RRS69.

Gotta tell you what, this will NEVER happen.  Here's why. 1. There's never been any hearing.  2. There has never been anything found (by judges obviously) that a rule has been broken.  3. There has been no finding of guilt. 4. There has been no testimony in a hearing to learn how this may have occurred.  Any judge would have to be insane to initiate a RRS69 without a rule having been broken with a result of DSQ or some other penalty.

If judges were to initiated a RRS69 hearing in a case like this they open themselves up to a libel, slander, defamation lawsuit.

You guys and gals gotta realize, this is over, its in the books, move onto something important in your lives.

5 minutes ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

Not reading anything since I left this thread, just to make a comment that's been sitting in my craw.

Actually what sticks in my craw is pricks who don't reply to specific questions. Do so or fuck off.

1 hour ago, Glenn McCarthy said:

I am always amused how people think that if one rule doesn't take care of a situation, then some other rule will be the omnibus collect all rule that will get the result they want.  Some have suggested a RRS69.

Quite correct.

Gotta tell you what, this will NEVER happen.  Here's why. 1. There's never been any hearing.  2. There has never been anything found (by judges obviously) that a rule has been broken.  3. There has been no finding of guilt. 4. There has been no testimony in a hearing to learn how this may have occurred.  Any judge would have to be insane to initiate a RRS69 without a rule having been broken with a result of DSQ or some other penalty.

And if you had bothered to pull that rule quill out of your arse for a moment you would have read serious commentary here re Rule 69 was directed at these comments by Richards in an interview with editor of Sail-World.com Richard Gladwell, not the result on the water.

"The mistake that CYCA have made is that they have introduced AIS for the first time this year as a safety measure. The system is just not that accurate, it's flawed and has limited range (about 12nm). There are a whole lot of things that can affect AIS which can only transmit on a VHF frequency," Richards points out.

We think the Race Committee should make a public apology to us. We have been accused of something which simply never happened', says a still irate Richards.

1 hour ago, frant said:

When did I say that the Jeanneau  did or didn’t have a warrant?  You of course with your inability to comprehend the written word would be in a position where everything I have written has sailed straight over your rednecked head!

your charter boat of course likened to a prawn trawler because of the smell, the prawn trawler it’s catch and the Jeanneau its owner. There are more offshore races, and indeed tougher offshore races around than the S2H of course so again your limited intellect shines brightly for all to see.

Ooh you are knowledgeable about maritime regulations aren’t you. I was totally unaware that a vessel with Australian registration was required to fly the Red ensign.

So why don’t you go back to your holidays in paradise then or can’t you help yourself either?

?

Yep- couldn’t help yourself. Now what were you saying about ‘resorting to name calling’? So how come you haven’t done a Hobart? I mean for any Australian Offshore sailor it is a right of passage. Never been asked? To scared? To prone to sea sickness? To useless? All of the above? 

I laughed out loud to the Clean comment. People are staring!! 

Wherever you are Clean !!!? I am sure you have way better things to do! 

4 minutes ago, woodruffkey said:

If Murray and Co roll up next year for another round then we can safely tar them all with the same brush.

Yes they must be shitting themselves worrying what an anonymous little oily toad like you thinks about them. 

1 hour ago, random said:

So did your dog shit on the beach today?  Did you see the Ranger and tell her she is  "lazy fat fuck"?

Tell us more about your practices of abusing the rules to suit yourself.  Then post pictures of the breach on the interweb!

No wonder you are a Richards fan boi, you admire people who take what they want for themselves and bugger the rest of you.

Now now randy pansy settle petal. You may all swelled up with self importance because you think you have achieved some kind of celebrity status by posting the same shit over and over about MR but sadly you are still the same nobody you always were. Riddle me this- you claim you are more than willing to call the WOXI guys cheating cunts to their faces,  yet when Nic showed up in the thread you madly started editing your posts. 

YCMTSU. 

24 minutes ago, EddyAllTime said:

I'm more surprised the Ed found it in his heart to publish Blue Robinson's comments on the FP given the amount of anti-WOXI sentiment expressed by the faggots in this forum.

WOXI won it. Move on.

What is conveniently forgotten by Robinson is this bonfire was started by Black Jack's Owner, Skipper and Tactician, no one else. Without their having a cry in front of the media no one would be the wiser. 

As for claims of cheating arising from that, it is restricted to a handfull of dumb cunts here and directed at only Richards. I have not sighted one post with Vila's name alongside that claim.

One of the reasons moving on is so difficult for some stems from public statements made by Richards between the finish last Friday and last Monday including a demand of an apology from the RC that is still on the table.

It would seem Mark Richards has not moved on, so why should everyone else?

http://sailinganarchy.com/2019/01/04/jaccuse/

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

And speaking of ignorant, You don’t need a warrant to fly the Australian civil ensign on a boat cupcake. That is not the Blue ensign you were wanking on about. You really should shut the fuck up now but you won’t be able to help yourself so play on.

I was flying the red ensign in Greece and it confused the fuck out of everyone. Even some Aussies and plenty of British were confused.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It would seem Mark Richards has not moved on, so why should everyone else?

Excellent question .

11 minutes ago, woodruffkey said:

From the Misogynist CuNt who proudly post............      " The head ranger is a nazi but being a lazy fat fuck she drives her great big 4x4 along the beach at exactly the same time every day so we have been sitting in our dinghys just of the beach with our dogs and encouraging them to bark at her as she drives past."

Bwahahahahaha

Now that was good bait. You are the third little fish I have hooked with that post. And that is not counting the 6 bites Randumb has had. Anyway when did he create you? Just for this thread?

19 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Riddle me this- you claim you are more than willing to call the WOXI guys cheating cunts to their faces,  yet when Nic showed up in the thread you madly started editing your posts. 

If you have worked out how to edit posts after the 30 min limit, let me know, because I don't.  Making shit up as usual.

So how did it go with the "lazy fat fuck" women ranger?  Did she laugh, kick you in the nuts or pull the book out? 

LB is 885e39de89d01b0452da242742484522.jpg

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, EddyAllTime said:

Yet funnily, i doubt any of you WOXI hating faggots would have the balls to front up to MR in person and call him a cheat. Nor would you have the balls to say it to any other crew members of WOXI.

Yes and in the absence of evidence they should be stuffed in a sugar bag and deep sixed at the 50 fathom line. Only one small bag will be needed though.

My dear Glenn,

I would politely suggest you move over here:

https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/forum/     Enjoy!

Bye, and BTW, the definition of craw : "the stomach, especially of a lower animal."

38 minutes ago, EddyAllTime said:

I'm more surprised the Ed found it in his heart to publish Blue Robinson's comments on the FP given the amount of anti-WOXI sentiment expressed by the faggots in this forum.

WOXI won it. Move on.

There are faggots here?

Look I'm really sorry you were abused in the shower block, so a little trick for the next time you find yourself in the Big House.

Get your family to supply strawberry jam and make sure everyone sees you putting it on your toast and they will leave you alone.  No one wants seeds stuck under their foreskin.

Worked for me anyway.

1 minute ago, random said:

If you have worked out how to edit posts after the 30 min limit, let me know, because I don't.  Making shit up as usual.

So how did it go with the "lazy fat fuck" women ranger?  Did she laugh, kick you in the nuts or pull the book out? 

Haven’t seen her today. We take the dog into the beach at 5am- hours before she would have rolled her fat arse out of bed. We walk the beach, pick up as much rubbish as we can carry each day and bury her turds deep in the sand below the high tide mark. You see mate some rules are just plain stupid and are for the obedience of clowns like you, and for the guidance of wise men like me. Normally they are made up by lefty sheep who spend their lives wringing their hands in mock outrage. Like you in this thread. 

22 minutes ago, hoppy said:

I was flying the red ensign in Greece and it confused the fuck out of everyone. Even some Aussies and plenty of British were confused.

That confusion may be genuine. I think the only time a pleasure vessel can fly the Australian red ensign is when it is on the national shipping register, which is a requirement for any Australian vessel leaving Australian waters. @LB 15 would know if otherwise.

11 minutes ago, random said:

You onviously did it with in the time limit. You have not looked away from this thread in 6 days after all. I see Nic also saw it and called you on it. Get some sleep mate. JS can take the next fanboy watch. 

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That confusion may be genuine. I think the only time a pleasure vessel can fly the Australian red ensign is when it is on the national shipping register, which is a requirement for any Australian vessel leaving Australian waters. @LB 15 would know if otherwise.

As I understand it an Australian registered ship must fly the red ensign, how ever a domestic recreational vessel can fly the Australian Maritime ensign, the Australian civil ensign or their state flag if they wish. Many Sydney boats fly the gay pride ensign and boats that have Hamilton island as their home port can do what ever they fucking like.

Fuck I love this place.

4 minutes ago, VOA said:

Did Randy lodge his protest yet. He said he was going to

No he is just going to walk up to IM, MR, GB and SO and call them cheating cunts to their faces. That is how he rolls. He is the toughest motherfucker the internet has ever seen. 

18 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That's correct...

There are surprisingly plenty of Aussie registered yachts in the Med. Mind you most, like mine at the time, had never been out of European waters. Most were flying the normal Aussie flag. 

21 minutes ago, random said:

Worked for me anyway.

You should kiss that puckered arse of yours in thanks that you can’t go to jail for deformation. MR and the Oatleys might wind up owning that prickle farm of yours however. Not that they would want it. 

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You should kiss that puckered arse of yours in thanks that you can’t go to jail for deformation. MR and the Oatleys might wind up owning that prickle farm of yours however. Not that they would want it. 

Defamation relies on the claims being untrue.  I'm sure they would not want to examine the details of non-confirmation with the Rules of the Race.

Heading off to a piss-up.  Hopefully no one wants to talk about the S2H.

21 minutes ago, random said:

Defamation relies on the claims being untrue.  I'm sure they would not want to examine the details of non-confirmation with the Rules of the Race.

Heading off to a piss-up.  Hopefully no one wants to talk about the S2H.

No, truth alone is not a defence in a defo. There is also your malicious intent to harm a person reputation, even if what you said was true. But you see petal it would be you that would have to prove that they are cheats, not them proving they are not. But you would be bankrupt long before it ever got to a courtroom. To late now to even put your prickle farm in your wife’s name as you have already made the defamatory comments on the worlds largest sailing website. The least of your worries would be your life ban for bringing the sport into disrepute. Defaming a Professional yachtsman, the head of the Australian Oylmpic Sailing, and an ex Olympic laser sailor and CEO will cost you millions even before the Billionaire boat owner gets his whack. The costs alone would be 400k. You really should think before you type. 

2 hours ago, EddyAllTime said:

Yet funnily, i doubt any of you WOXI hating faggots would have the balls to front up to MR in person and call him a cheat. Nor would you have the balls to say it to any other crew members of WOXI.

Ah, the Trumpette is back. What makes you think only LGBTI peeps hate WOXI? And please, if you want to be taken seriously on this or any other forum you might reconsider your listed interests to include something relevant to the forum at hand. Currently you just flag your misogynistic nature for all to see. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

No, truth alone is not a defence in a defo. There is also your malicious intent to harm a person reputation, even if what you said was true. But you see petal it would be you that would have to prove that they are cheats, not them proving they are not. 

Come on LB. The foundation of defamation  law in Australia is that of false and damaging statements being made that cause harm to personal or professional reputation. The remedy is damages which are largely capped in Australia. For instance a defamatory statement restricted to this thread isn't going to make the damages till go cha ching. The defamation proceedings may get wide airplay will but that is their problem to consider. The subject being a sporting event where the prospect of the claim being true was officially raised by the RC, (but not tested) would also need to be carefully considered. 

Intent doesn't convert the truth into a defamatory statement or visa versa for a false one. Anyone instigating a defamation action also has to show the statements are false not true which is evidence shared between the parties. 

In America they have some provisions that give celebrities higher hurdles to get over to support their reputation has been harmed.

Anyone who insigated such an action would be nuts as well as anyone making damaging claims without some reliable evidence to shield them.

If nuts the only outcome is their respective lawyers will be lining up in new boats for next years race.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EddyAllTime said:

You going to try the Hillary defence next and call me racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic, Islamophobic?

WOXI won. Move on.

Careful with the down votes dickhead, you could go negative real fast.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Careful with the down votes dickhead, you could go negative real fast.

Judging by his previous posts, he's not interested in a popularity contest.  Probably doesn't have any energy left after he horizon jobbed the fleet in his dickhead contest.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, axolotl said:

Jeezuz!  Can't even get that right.

"Orbital stability. A geostationary orbit can be achieved only at an altitude very close to 35,786 km(22,236 mi) and directly above the equator.  All geostationary satellites have to be located on this ring."

Unless burning prodigious quantity of delta V. 

1 minute ago, VOA said:

Calm down mate. Downvoted don’t mean anything, This isn’t a popularity contest. 

Only some one on  -144 would think that.

You are of course correct the voting system isn't about popularity it's just a way to identify dickheads.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

41 minutes ago, frant said:

Not resorting to name calling at all, just making the implication that you are “one”. Quite frankly I am surprised that you had comprehension skills to grasp the implication of what I was calling you.

Maybe for such a legend as yourself the S2H is a right of passage, for us mere mortals it would be a rite of passage. Me all of above for not doing so. 

Now try a bit harder if you want to make a stinging shutdown.

Now of course the Westcoaster, that’s another race for men only, no boys. How many have you done?

None. Probobly the same number as you but as this is the internet and you are anonymous- go you hardest petal. Quite frankly I have no interest in bashing down the west coast racing against 10 other c grade Melbourne boats just to say I did it. If I wanted to do something unpleasant just to say I had done it I would just bang your sister. 

Can you spell check this post for me as well? I couldn’t be fucked. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Come on LB. The foundation of defamation  law in Australia is that of false and damaging statements being made that cause harm to personal or professional reputation. The remedy is damages which are largely capped in Australia. For instance a defamatory statement contained to this thread isn't going to make the damages till go cha ching. The defamation proceedings may get wide airplay will but that is their problem to consider. The subject being a sporting event where the prospect of the claim being true was officially raised would need to be carefully considered. 

Intent doesn't convert the truth into a defamatory statement. Anyone instigating a defamation action also has to show the statements are false not true which is evidence shared between the parties. 

In America they have some provisions that give celebrities higher hurdles to get over to support their reputation has be harmed.

Anyone who insigated such an action would be nuts as well as anyone making damaging claims without some reliable evidence to shield them.

The only outcome is their respective lawyers will be lining up in new boats for next years race.

Defo’s are a rich man’s game jack. Most never get anywhere near a court because someone throws their hands in the air when the Lawyers bills just keep coming in. But I am only shit stirring Randumb for sport. He is off his fucking tree at the moment. The 2018 S2H is fish and chip wrapping to all but a few people on here and FB. If he really cared he can do something about it like they tried with Witty in the Volvo. Surprised he doesn’t given what an attention whore he is.

3 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

He is off his fucking tree at the moment.

Is that Xmas/New Year generousity?

• Like 1

Good point. His annual MR meltdown is something I look forward to each year. It’s just a pity that Witty was out early this year as well. The silly cunt would be on Valium by know if he had done well.

Bwahaha, Eddie the jiss eater just used his full quota of down votes on me in 4 minutes :) .

The lazy cunt just went to my profile and down voted posts going back to 2010.........5 years before he joined!

Go your hardest nut sack!

• Like 4

There you go Jissy, welcome to dickhead land.

Edit. And I've still got 18 left in the magazine.

• Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Bwahaha, Eddie the jiss eater just used his full quota of down votes on me in 4 minutes :) .

The lazy cunt just went to my profile and down voted posts going back to 2010.........5 years before he joined!

Go your hardest nut sack!

Funny, he has been on my ignore list so long I had forgotten he was there.  

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here :

A protest committee may
  1. protest a boat, but not as a result of information arising from a request for redress or an invalid protest, or from a report from a person with a conflict of interest other than the representative of the boat herself. However, it may protest a boat
    1. if it learns of an incident involving her that may have resulted in injury or serious damage,

https://www.racingrulesofsailing.org/rules?part_id=51

2 hours ago, LionessRacing said:

Unless burning prodigious quantity of delta V. 

And one way around that is to combine both the low Leo's and the high equatorial Geo's in a network.

The US mob Orbcomm and Inmarsat (who have the GMDSS rights until Iridium start theirs) are looking to combine their Leo and Geo infrastructure to improve Inmarsat's coverage at the poles and Orbcomm benefiting from the lower latency of Inmarsat’s Geo constellation.

Orbcomm and the Norwegian Space Centre (4 sats) I think have Leo AIS constellations closest to the S2H race course. Though putting them up there and keeping them there is another thing. Having a third of your constellation drop out is a bit of a ouch moment. 

I continue to be amazed at the size of these things like NorSats around 20x30x40cm with around 50w of solar power buzzing 600klm overhead picking up AIS plus doing other shit.

https://spacenews.com/three-orbcomm-og2-satellites-malfunctioning-fate-to-be-determined/

NORSAT-1-dirtysat-smallersize.jpg

29 minutes ago, frant said:

and as I post under my real name wouldn’t be difficult to work out who I am.

Like I said. You can be anyone you want on the internet. 

'as I post under my real name'? So you make a grammatical error in a post lecturing me on my grammatical errors...

Image result for own goal gif

Fuck I love this place.

10 minutes ago, frant said:

So what are you saying? That the protest committee  can’t protest as they received the report from a person with a conflict of interest or are you saying that the failure to Tx may have led to a collision with a freighter resulting in injury or serious damage and the PC can protest.

For a world famous sailor and grammar Nazi you are not having a great day...

'Might' is the correct word in this context not 'May', cupcake.

May is used to express what is possible, factual, or could be factual. For example,

• He may lose his job.
  • We may go on vacation.
  • I may have dessert after dinner.

Might is used to express what is hypothetical, counterfactual, or remotely possible. For example,

• If you hurry, you might get there on time.
  • If I had shown up on time, I might have kept my job.
  • If I win the lottery, I might buy a Ferrari.

Let me demonstrate this in your context.

Frant MAY have a tiny dick.

Frant MIGHT act like an arrogant wanker on the internet because he has a tiny dick.

30 minutes ago, frant said:

are you saying that the failure to Tx may have led to a collision with a freighter resulting in injury or serious damage and the PC can protest.

this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

'Might' is the correct word in this context not 'May', cupcake.

34 minutes ago, Mid said:

if it learns of an incident involving her that may have resulted in injury or serious damage,

3 minutes ago, frant said:

You have got one over me there admittedly, I can’t see the grammatical  error in “as I post under my real name”.  As your redneck politician said Please explain.m

Cheers Frant

You ain't as well known as you think you are.

Had to do a fair bit of searching and found you via a story you had written about yourself winning a race to Fiji that you were the only entrant in. My sincerest condolences regarding your sister. I mean that. Nevertheless you still need to get over yourself. 

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

We walk the beach, pick up as much rubbish as we can carry each day and bury her turds deep in the sand below the high tide mark. 

(snippity snip) Tory leanings aside, respect for that mate, (my girls bury their turds by instinct, but they are cats, so there is that).

55 minutes ago, Mid said:

I'll just leave this here :

A protest committee may
  1. protest a boat, but not as a result of information arising from a request for redress or an invalid protest, or from a report from a person with a conflict of interest other than the representative of the boat herself. However, it may protest a boat
    1. if it learns of an incident involving her that may have resulted in injury or serious damage,

https://www.racingrulesofsailing.org/rules?part_id=51

It may help that you put a linky to all of Rule 60 and re 60.2 that Richards says;

“12 hours later, and with evidence that had been supplied by Black Jack. It's a disgrace and completely breaks racing rule 60.2, not to mention it was not any fault of ours that caused the splitter failure in the first place."

https://www.racingrulesofsailing.org/rules?part_id=38

and one that contains 60.3 in full not as abbreviated above.

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Time you two knuckleheads dug a hole with your grammatical shovels and buried them.

Not until Randumb returns from his doctors appointment. Until then Frant isn't a bad replacement. Cannot admit he is wrong and hit a bait like a Mangrove Jack. 

16 minutes ago, frant said:

To be clear then they might have had a collision which may have led to damage or injury. Your use of may and might are totally incorrect correct and that is why I had to re-wright the statement again, and again display your my light low intellect.

There you go princess, I have even put a slow one over the plate for you...

8 minutes ago, frant said:

I think the suggestion from Jack is that we both get over ourselves. I am happy to take that on.

Agreed. Peace. Now where the fuck is Randumb?

15 minutes ago, animeproblem said:

(snippity snip) Tory leanings aside, respect for that mate, (my girls bury their turds by instinct, but they are cats, so there is that).

Like possums those useless nasty little fuckers make great boots, but you need a few of them, unless you are happy with just shoes.

My+shoes+are+cats_19e0fb_4051046.gif

I'll cut to the chase ,

My point remains that the IJ's were far too quick to declare the protest invalid .

As I posted earlier , the actions of the IJ should be to attempt to find a way to hear , not disqualify at the first glimmer of opportunity .

Should this have been the case this thread would be well over , one way or another .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mid said:

My point remains that the IJ's were far too quick to declare the protest invalid .

As I posted earlier , the actions of the IJ should be to attempt to find a way to hear , not disqualify at the first glimmer of opportunity .

But doesn't that responsibility lie with the Protester,  in this case the RC. Surely it is not the IJ responsibility to take on the RC's role of prosecuting the Protest?