Mid

2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

4 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Jimmy won 3? Did we get a day off for any of them?

I took the day off to watch all 3. And my boss is an absolute cunt.

• Like 2

Fuck! What a day its been. But I will be getting a big check from the Oatleys for this magnificent hijack. This Shilling shit is hard work.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Well done! Did you google that all by yourself or did you pop down to the St Kilda library and get that other proud Victorian Meli to give you a hand? Wait! Meli is a pom, who lived in Japan and wants to retire to Greece. She can't be a Victorian.

Yep 19 brain dead fuckwits voted for the POS. He was hardly representing Queensland. He just wanted to hang out with that proud Victorian Blair Cottrel.

Of course he was representing queensland.

As for that fuckwit Cottrell. I got nothing.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Fuck! What a day its been. But I will be getting a big check from the Oatleys for this magnificent hijack. This Shilling shit is hard work.

You still getting mates rates at Hamilton?

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I took the day off to watch all 3. And my boss is an absolute cunt.

Yes but mate I betcha you fondly touch his dick a lot more than just when taking a piss.

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Of course he was representing queensland.

Mate you have done enough damage to the intellectual reputation of that fine state of yours already today. Might be time to head down to St Kilda park and help with the clean up.

16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The Saints and the Go Betweens level peg, and interestingly both reliant on England for their start. The decider is probably a large Cross River bridge that isn't called the Saint.

No way Radio Birdman gets the NSW gong to many to list in front of that.

Paul Kelly has to be the first to be given a home. Trouble is that is probably equally split between Melbourne and Sydney but born Adelaide. Maybe call him Canberra.

PS. Check out your AIS. It's faulty no Hobart. Darwin though territory can lay claim to large number of indigenous artists, a few world famous.

The Saints were not really broken in the UK, they effectively died there however.  They only really lasted a couple of years but thankfully Ed and Chris are still soldiering on doing good things.

My first ever gig (I should be on Rockwiz) was The Saints and Radio Birdman at the Paddington Town Hall in Sydney.

And as to whether Birdman was the pivotal Sydney band, impossible to say.  Cold Chisel and Midnight Oil both have a way higher profile.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Mercedes and her sister are just typical Gold Coast bogans. The beaches are covered with them up here, not like your lovely beaches such as Saint Kilda, where crowds of wonderful Victorians gather each weekend to celebrate our great country. Here are some some of them from last weekend out enjoying the beautiful weather...

Why is Victoria the far-right protest capital of Australia?

Sorry, not from Victoria.  You probably got confused by the Van Dieman's Land bit. 

And here is my local beach, 10 kays from the CBD.  Fuck St Kilda beach, only good for one thing (and it's not swimming).

image.png.ffe20fe286bad480f9a4b343795d038f.png

2 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

You still getting mates rates at Hamilton?

Better than that - free overnight berthing. But we do have to come in late with our nav lights off and leave very early next morning. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Mate you have done enough damage to the intellectual reputation of that fine state of yours already today. Might be time to head down to St Kilda park and help with the clean up.

I stay away from that shithole. The African gangs are almost as bad as the pommie backpackers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

The Saints were not really broken in the UK, they effectively died there however.  They only really lasted a couple of years but thankfully Ed and Chris are still soldiering on doing good things.

My first ever gig (I should be on Rockwiz) was The Saints and Radio Birdman at the Paddington Town Hall in Sydney.

And as to whether Birdman was the pivotal Sydney band, impossible to say.  Cold Chisel and Midnight Oil both have a way higher profile.

A mate of mine (who has more money than god) flew them back for a one off gig at his warehouse two years ago. There were only about 60 off us there. They were unreal. BTW if you get a chance the Go betweens movie is worth a look.

3 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

I'll claim Chisel for SA, even though, like most bands, success required an eastward pilgrimage. The Oils will cheerfully give credit to Birdman as an influence.  

Of course the irony is that the main influence on Birdman was the Detroit scene, Iggy Pop and MC5, via Deniz Tek. Birdman still tour, with a majority of the original lineup. 

7 minutes ago, Secret Experiment said:

Sorry, not from Victoria.  You probably got confused by the Van Dieman's Land bit. 

And here is my local beach, 10 kays from the CBD.  Fuck St Kilda beach, only good for one thing (and it's not swimming).

image.png.ffe20fe286bad480f9a4b343795d038f.png

Just re-read your post. No mention of Van Diemans land that I could see. But since we are stereotyping states, say hi to your sisters for me.

Image result for two heads

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Just re-read your post. No mention of Van Diemans land that I could see. But since we are stereotyping states, say hi to your sisters for me.

Image result for two heads

Part of me would date them....

5 minutes ago, Mid said:

Some nice pics of the 2018 Sydney to Hobart yacht race Line Honors winner, Wild Oats XI in that piece. Also a few good ones of the winning Skipper, Mark Richards, accepting the trophy as well. Thanks for sharing. Now time to relax those arse cheeks princess, you will give yourself a back ache. 

29 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Better than that - free overnight berthing. But we do have to come in late with our nav lights AIS off and leave very early next morning. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Golf clap.

Anyway gang its been a fun day but got to go. Its the Child brides birthday today so the boys and I are off to pick her up from work and take her out to dinner. If MR calls send me a PM. Shit - I better remember to feed Randumb before I go. I hate taking the gimp mask off him, he always tries to bite me.

1 hour ago, Mid said:

31 Dec 2018

We can prove, and will confirm in a week's time, that we were compromised by live-streaming from the helicopter.

Mark Richards

https://www.sail-world.com/news/213456/Wild-Oats-XIs-skipper-answers-critics-on-S2H-row

Mid stop bitchin and send Gladwell a text or email reminding him of this undertaking he got from MR and asking him if all his clocks are broken.

I should warn you Gladwell is a rules expert and stickler and my guess sees BJ as villian #1 in this saga. I therefore suspect he has a open mind like most should about WOXI, pending this evidence appearing.

Richard Gladwell

Mobile: +6421301030
Email: sailworldnzl@gmail.com or gladwell@icloud.com

10 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mid stop bitchin and send Gladwell a text or email reminding him of this undertaking he got from MR and asking him if all his clocks are broken.

I should warn you Gladwell is a rules expert and stickler and my guess sees BJ as villian #1 in this saga. I therefore suspect he has a open mind like most should about WOXI, pending this evidence appearing.

Richard Gladwell

Mobile: +6421301030
Email: sailworldnzl@gmail.com or gladwell@icloud.com

Hey Jack!  You're doing a BJ - you want a result but also want someone else to put their name on the originating action!

A touch disingenuous ...  Mid, don't fall for it :P

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

Hey Jack!  You're doing a BJ - you want a result but also want someone else to put their name on the originating action!

A touch disingenuous ...  Mid, don't fall for it :P

Actually Rec that is wrongi. If you read my posts up thread incl having to repeat a number of times you will clearly see that I'm not seeking a result.

My interest ceased at the RC's Protest as anything beyond that is crystal ball gazing horseshit. I do have a professional interest in WOXI's electronics failure incl that of the splitter.

So get fucked.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Part of me would date them....

3 minutes ago, Secret Experiment said:

Me too.  They're pretty much head and shoulders above the norm here.

Were you two born with two dicks? If not where do you line up to get those. I'm finding the need for a spare increases with time.

Great Melbourne band.....

Drinking XXXX in Qld for this song seems appropriate

Always loved the Dockers for a satirical band from Melbourne. They hold the distinction of being only one of three bands I have ever gone to see two nights running because the first night was so damned good. (And they still tour.)

They were smarter than they appeared, and with some pretty dark messages occasionally. But immense fun.  For the perplexed a "divi van" is slang for a Divisional Police Van.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Great??? ..now things become clearer.

the Psychos are legends  

Then there was Mr Floppy

3 hours ago, Francis Vaughan said:

If we are doing rock bands whilst we wait for MR (aka Godot) IMHO the pivotal bands that defined the scene for the states were really:

Vic: Birthday Party,

Probably  the greatest Aussie band because it gave us Nick Cave

Even further off topic.

Not sure where she is from,  maybe Brazil, but regardless cool drumming.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Actually Rec that is wrongi. If you read my posts up thread incl having to repeat a number of times you will clearly see that I'm not seeking a result.

My interest ceased at the RC's Protest as anything beyond that is crystal ball gazing horseshit. I do have a professional interest in WOXI's electronics failure incl that of the splitter.

So get fucked.

I'm a busy man - I don't have time to read all those upthread posts!  I only come here to flick through in case the "proof" has been proffered yet - as I suspect most people still on this thread are doing.  Eventually I s'pose we'll get tired or bored and just forget to check - although some anarchists are going to extraordinary lengths to keep the thread near the top!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Recidivist said:

I only come here to flick through in case the "proof" has been proffered yet - as I suspect most people still on this thread are doing.

In the highly unlikely event that it is forth coming I promise a new thread :D

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

"By 1990. no child in Australia will be living in poverty"- Robert James Lee Hawke

Image result for bob hawke

"Something my mum taught me years and years and years ago, is life's just too short to carry around a great bucket-load of anger and resentment and bitterness and hatreds and all that sort of stuff"- Kevin Rudd

Mr Rudd's speech reminded some in the audience of why they elected him leader.

That's the thing LB, they are all lying cunts.

• Downvote 2

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

"Let us start by treating women equally in our society, be them our sisters, our mothers, our co workers or our partners" - Bill Shorten

2qrlc5.jpg

2qrlj8.jpg

Why is that any of our business?  For a bloke who earns a very public living based on trust, respect and reputation you are way out on a limb here mate. Still hearing crickets from Hammo.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Recidivist said:

Eventually I s'pose we'll get tired or bored and just forget to check - although some anarchists are going to extraordinary lengths to keep the thread near the top!

@LB 15 has to take some credit. In seeking to derail it, he got music, politics, race relations, marital relations and a inter-state war off the ground and going full tilt in just one throw of the hook. That takes genius.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

@LB 15 has to take some credit. In seeking to derail it, he got music, politics, race relations, marital relations and a inter-state war off the ground and going full tilt in just one throw of the hook. That takes genius.

This thread hasn't been this interesting since about page 1

5 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Try moving your train of thought out of the caboose and closer to the engine.

10 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Yet back you come.

It's a bit like dogs and their vomit.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Or possiblibly narcissm , a retainer perhaps.?

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, EddyAllTime said:

Welcome back Jissy, thanks for tonight's virtual load.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Probably  the greatest Aussie band because it gave us Nick Cave

He hasn't played in Aust for around 2 years with the Bad Seeds. He is touring at the moment but not a traditional gig. Just he on stage and a piano taking questions from the audience and playing songs. Very few artists can pull off this sort of revelatory approach. Well worth attending I'm told.

Is it just me or is there suddenly a chorus of jerks to come all over this thread?

I think it's the crickets...........

• Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

He hasn't played in Aust for around 2 years with the Bad Seeds. He is touring at the moment but not a traditional gig. Just he on stage and a piano taking questions from the audience and playing songs. Very few artists can pull off this sort of revelatory approach. Well worth attending I'm told.

just heard about it today. Sadly no tickets for either night in Melbourne

3 minutes ago, hoppy said:

just heard about it today. Sadly no tickets for either night in Melbourne

Nor here in Adelaide. I'm on the wait list. 

6 hours ago, DickDastardly said:

Yes I was using an economy of words. After some initial sucess in Aust the Go Between founders Robert Forster and Grant McLennan (RIP) sent copies to record labels around the world in late 70's, leaving Australia with a plan to shop their songs. It was their hometown band the Saints sucess in the UK in 1976/77 period that gave them the courage to make that plunge.

The UK was where they first generated interest returning to Australia and cranking things up, disbanding in the 90's then reforming in 2000 until Grants death in 2006. To many to list but one that will interest is the band's first official album, Send Me a Lullaby, released in 1981. The single "After the Fireworks" was recorded in collaboration with The Birthday Party's Nick Cave on vocals.

The Brisbane connection really came in 1988 with their single "Streets of Your Town" on  the more commercial 16 Lovers Lane album just before they disbanded the first time. The lyrics of Streets are very Brisbane centric, hence I give it the Brisbane title. Like Paul Kelly (a great mate) their songwriting identified close to their interests and roots such as the single Cattle and Cane ( McLennan grew up in Nth Qld) from their album Before Hollywood, released as a single in the UK and we'll recieved, but ironically not in Australia until much later when released. Mainstream recognition came with the album Oceans Apart winning an ARIA award for 'Best Adult Contemporary Album in 2005'. The next year Grant was dead.

Grants death was a huge loss, I attended his funeral and many in the Aust music scene in attendance obviously thought likewise.

12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I saw the Sydney gig on Tuesday.  Pretty cool but after a couple of hours talking and plunking and a couple of inane questions from the audience Nick baled out.  Still was huge fun though.

13 hours ago, paps49 said:

No argument from me mate. It’s an ALP thing I guess. 

12 hours ago, paps49 said:

Or possiblibly narcissm , a retainer perhaps.?

Both in fact. Sandy has offered me a Wild Oats cap and T-shirt. Can’t wait to wear them down to the Yacht house next Wednesday. 

12 hours ago, EddyAllTime said:

I sorta like the idea of a thread where it's a competition to move as far away form the original intent as possible via a series of logical, incremental steps.

10 hours ago, frant said:

Is the child bride from Queensland?....... what did Warne think?

Oh course she is - we Queenslanders prefer attractive women. Coincidentally she has just finished reading His autobiography, which given her dislike of cricket is amazing. She really enjoyed it- said he seemed like an average bloke that worked hard to achieve every thing he got. Like Liz Hurley ( no relation to Ken Hurling (: ) But you will have to do better than that to get under my skin mate. This is the big league of shit canning. Lift your game!

2 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

I sorta like the idea of a thread where it's a competition to move as far away form the original intent as possible via a series of logical, incremental steps.

I think it was BJ (Porter not Harburg) that said threads on this forum often take on a life of there own.

14 hours ago, paps49 said:

You know you are really a politician when you start believing your own bullshit...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Both in fact. Sandy has offered me a Wild Oats cap and T-shirt. Can’t wait to wear them down to the Yacht house next Wednesday. 

Have they printed the new T-Shirts already?

1603764687_WOXITSHIRT.jpg.ad607d8cbda1a1dc7ae2cfc898490196.jpg

The Si's don't say you can't leave green Cape to port. You just have to text your mum as you pass it. 

15 hours ago, EddyAllTime said:

You're defending Bill Shorten? The guy that sexually assaulted a 16 year old... 

I imagined you to be older. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Anyway gang its been a fun day but got to go. Its the Child brides birthday today so the boys and I are off to pick her up from work and take her out to dinner. If MR calls send me a PM. Shit - I better remember to feed Randumb before I go. I hate taking the gimp mask off him, he always tries to bite me.

Just blend it and use a straw, or administer with said straw in the other orifice. Apparently it’s preferable that way for him. 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

No argument from me mate. It’s an ALP thing I guess. 

Sometimes politicians and voters of the opposite political pursuasion become strange bedfellows. Conservatives who believe in less government intrusion and empowerment of the individual. Socialists advocating collective or governmental ownership and intervention in the production and distribution of goods and services.

So there is the self employed taxi operator whose Govt issued licence(s) used to be worth $500k sees it drop to $150k courtesy of ride sharing. All because governments of all political pursuasions were not game to take on their followers all hooked on Uber Heroin.

In the same theme I see the Socialist West Australian Government are going to issue more crayfishing licences but retain the majority themselves. That will cause the value of existing licences to drop and allow 1,700 tonne more crayfish to be caught or an increase of 28% . Like their taxi cousins cray fisherman are pretty pissed off. Why is the Govt doing this? Seems the price of crayfish has hit $60/kg wholesale and 97% of the catch is going to China. The locals 3% is also of a lessor grade. The new Govt retained licences and catch increase will not be allowed to be exported.

So the Greens will shout and yell about a natural resource being plundered and Conservatives will decry the erosion of individual commercial endeavour by Socialists nationalising the distribution of goods?

My guess is they will all say fuck all around election time. After all who is going to vote for anyone who supports a $80 taxi fare to eat $120 restaurant crayfish.

In the end we all end up looking just like the cunty politicians we despise.

50 minutes ago, mad said:

Just blend it and use a straw, or administer with said straw in the other orifice. Apparently it’s preferable that way for him. 

I have let him out for an hour this morning now that the Ritalin has kicked in. He started to get a bit agitated when a plane flew over the house so I have chained him up again.

Related image

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

The Si's don't say you can't leave green Cape to port. You just have to text your mum as you pass it. 

The bowman must have had a pick and shovel.

30 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

The bowman must have had a pick and shovel.

I was wondering where my beach trolley went.  

did braindumb get the boot around here? his sock is all that's left?

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

So there is the self employed taxi operator whose Govt issued licence(s) used to be worth $500k sees it drop to $150k courtesy of ride sharing. All because governments of all political pursuasions were not game to take on their followers all hooked on Uber Heroin.

that particular clusterfuck was the making of the taxi industry and government. Restriction on the number of issued taxi plates inflated their value..  Uber disrupted that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Strangely, you don't have to leave the mainland to stb, but you do need to round Tassie to port.

You can do your Green Cape report from somewhere South of Albany if you like.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think WOXI learnt their lesson from 2010 when the HF "turned on didn't do on" and surviving a protest over that. This year to be safe they they sent the RC a telegram from the Wonboyn Post Office, though that is slightly south of Green Cape.

1 hour ago, duncan (the other one) said:

that particular clusterfuck was the making of the taxi industry and government. Restriction on the number of issued taxi plates inflated their value..  Uber disrupted that.

That and State Governments taking a couple of years to work out that the unregulated disrupter didn't have pesky things like insurance and passenger safety devices etc. The first to have the penny drop were State Police forces when looking for Ubers phone number to help them with criminal investigations but finding shock horror they didn't have contact, camera and tracking device records like the regulated players had. By the time they got off their arse, the Uber Genie was out of the bottle.

54 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I think WOXI learnt their lesson from 2010 when the HF "turned on didn't do on" and surviving a protest over that. This year to be safe they they sent the RC a telegram from the Wonboyn Post Office, though that is slightly south of Green Cape.

has anyone got the full back catalogue of the 'yeh, but our situation was different' regarding WOXI... there have been quite a few.

32 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

has anyone got the full back catalogue of the 'yeh, but our situation was different' regarding WOXI... there have been quite a few.

I recall protest was faulty HF RX, then going past Green Cape to adjacent Gabo or 1/2 hr or so before getting HF operational and getting OK from RC to continue? I can only assume RC gave OK to continue but were looking to impose a time penalty for continuing before that OK?

One would normally mark that experience for any potential safety infringement of the electronic variety in future races.

Still hearing crickets!

Maybe the transmission link to Hammo is on the fritz......

• Downvote 2

38 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I recall protest was faulty HF RX, then going past Green Cape to adjacent Gabo or 1/2 hr or so before getting HF operational and getting OK from RC to continue? I can only assume RC gave OK to continue but were looking to impose a time penalty for continuing before that OK?

One would normally mark that experience for any potential safety infringement of the electronic variety in future races.

Was WOXI buzzed by a helicopter back then? Just asking for a friend......

53 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I looked it up - there was satellite comms, HF fix and then an ok to proceed past Gabo.. so maybe not as nefarious as I have implied.

56 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Was WOXI buzzed by a helicopter back then? Just asking for a friend......

That was the SAILGATE dismissed protest re Cocko on Loyal asking a helo about sails WOXI had flying. Think dismissal was based upon him was asking in capacity as WOXI's sailmaker checking if his workmanship was still flying after a sporty night? Year or two after HFGATE.

25 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

I looked it up - there was satellite comms, HF fix and then an ok to proceed past Gabo.. so maybe not as nefarious as I have implied.

Didn't seem to be nefarious but odd that RC protested presumably seeking a time penalty for proceeding without OK up to time RC gave the OK to proceed and or WOXI's HF was still not fully functioning. The IJ didn't think so. A comparison is some have not been allowed past Green Cape without a fully functioning HF and DSQ'd or Retired. There was one instance last year I recall.