Mid

2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

13 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

I heard MR plans to claim the Raymarine defence....

A AIS RX only splitter. That won't go well.

5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Didn't seem to be nefarious but odd that RC protested presumably seeking a time penalty for proceeding without OK up to time RC gave the OK to proceed and or WOXI's HF was still not fully functioning. The IJ didn't think so. A comparison is some have not been allowed past Green Cape without a fully functioning HF and DSQ'd or Retired. There was one instance last year I recall.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

I think we should reopen the Condor and Nirvana Protest from the 83 race.

p1016.jpeg

LB you need to have a Bex and a lie down drawing your WOXI but blunt bow.

Putting aside you are drawing some comparison to a Protest heard by a Jury and decided nearly fucking 40 years ago and which both you and I know you were not on either boat, you now compare to a Protest 40 years later but never presented or heard? Give me strength.

If you want an aside Ted Turner was driving Condor who won the protest and Nirvana's being driven by Steve Colgate (sans Hutch overseeing) at the time of incident. The RC/Jury made a decision arguably on the basis who had the greater ability to make their life shit on a ruling between two OS boats.

The only thing you have got right posting that nonsense is in nearly 40 years nothing much has changed, except this is a local big boat gunfight now. It occurs no where else and people should wonder why.

2 hours ago, albanyguy said:

From the Random Pic Thread.

I think Hobot found the problem on WOXI :lol::lol:

Chet-Huntley-with-Portable-Convention-Cam-1956.jpg

Albany that I think is a circa late 1950's overseas or Aust 1960's portable camera with a backpack microwave link. The only difference today is smaller camera, direct/live video and the backpack bit contains a auto focus transmitter to both comply with regulations regarding employing microwave in built up areas re interference and to avoid frying ones surrounds, albeit low powered and the backpack size now is around foolscape page size.

3 hours ago, paps49 said:

I think Mark is so looking straight into Random's eyes in that pic,  I can see why your attracted.

That’s not nearly as funny as what I wrote. (:

5 hours ago, paps49 said:

I think Mark is so looking straight into Random's eyes in that pic,  I can see why your attracted.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

That’s not nearly as funny as what I wrote. (:

I think you are both very wrong and very unfunny. This is very serious stuff.

If you closely follow the Tourettes trail, there are clearly two different oceans in one body happening here. I'm starting to think Randumb is the real MR having a outer body own-up I've done wrong experience via Randumb.

My guess is the only way to find out who is who, is check which one is wearing the 10, sorry 9 real Rolex's and not wearing the gimp gear.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, Mid said:

31 Dec 2018

We can prove, and will confirm in a week's time, that we were compromised by live-streaming from the helicopter.

Mark Richards

https://www.sail-world.com/news/213456/Wild-Oats-XIs-skipper-answers-critics-on-S2H-row

On 1/10/2019 at 3:18 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Mid stop bitchin and send Gladwell a text or email reminding him of this undertaking he got from MR and asking him if all his clocks are broken.

I should warn you Gladwell is a rules expert and stickler and my guess sees BJ as villian #1 in this saga. I therefore suspect he has a open mind like most should about WOXI, pending this evidence appearing.

Richard Gladwell

Mobile: +6421301030
Email: sailworldnzl@gmail.com or gladwell@icloud.com

Come on @Midit is time to get off your arse here. @DanimalNZ has got a techie ready to interrogate the techie here.

Mate drink a bucket of beer this weekend and send Gladwell that text or email that is burning a hole in your pocket as the OP to this thread.

Your thread has just hit a mind splitting 50,000 views in 2 weeks. Time to step up mate, no time for "I'm splitting" thoughts anymore.

On 1/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, DanimalNZ said:

Has the reasoning come out yet? 

I know an ex tv network engineer experienced in live transmission/broadcasting keen to hear the detail

On 1/9/2019 at 1:46 AM, LB 15 said:

however nothing. It has been resolved you silly cunt. What planet are you on? Oats is back in its berth. The trophy is back on Hammo and MR is back at work. True you are still sitting in your dark little flat, pounding the keyboard with a vein throbbing on your forehead but the only thing you are likely to change is hands. 

And just to help your meltdown along...

Triumphant: Mark Richards hoists the J.H. Illingworth trophy after Wild Oats XI arrived in Hobart.

image.png.edfb8848a2c1a07d07f915831e572de3.png

• Like 2

MR is on EPO? That explains why they are so much better than all the other 100’s.

Lance only won 7...not 9 like Richo. 

Sorry, but why doesn't an AUS investigative reporter look into this, interview all involved including the Channel 7 copter which allegedly announced "we blew your comms out", look into the actual Tx power of all cams covering the start, get access to WOXI's splitter to see if it was truly fried, review WOXi's & other's AIS signal record during the race,  look up the records concerning "our AIS has always been Transmitting in all our previous races",  a basic look into how AIS works between boats within 5 miles of each other and its reliability, etc.  It would seem to be newsworthy to do so.

But nay,  the PC has ruled no valid protest(s) were filed, case closed, WOXI is the line honors boat.  I stand with Comanche's claim  that they were disadvantaged  by WOXI's dark AIS; it was a breach of the SIs and should have been penalized, but they stood tall and did not protest feeling the race was won on the water, not in the room.  So all parties are exonerated,  except WOXI's ridiculous post race assertions their AIS was "blown out", "did not know", "we have proof",  "will publicize next week" media blather.  A sad state of affairs in a premier world sailboat race where the line honor boat did not RAF when informed they broke an SI during the race.

The stakes are high of course and at the highest levels pushing the edge of the rules is mandatory to win line honors, but the 2018 S2H will always have an asterisk after WOXI's trophy placement due to shutting off their AIS for the race, a cheap shot. I don't think it was deliberate,  although AIS has been required for years on the race, this is the first year it had to be transmitting 24/7.  WOXI missed that and went dark as I would on any race where transmitting my exact Lat-Lon, SOG & COG would give an advantage to my competition within 5-10 miles of me.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:15 PM, paps49 said:

Welcome back Jissy, thanks for tonight's virtual load.

12 hours ago, Mid said:

take a closer look , there's a sock 

Christ the sock has a sock!

EddyAllTime and EddySomeTime reacted to this
  •  
  • Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, axolotl said:

Sorry, but why doesn't an AUS investigative reporter look into this,

Because the one day series against India and the Australian Tennis open start today and we have pretty robust libel laws in this country. Apart from a few angry WO haters on this site, no one gives a fuck about the Race anymore. The story about yet another rugby league player banging some deranged slut is trending now. For 99.9% of Australians it is just a distraction during the lunch break of the boxing day test, and most use the break to have a dump and restack the fridge. News about the Sydney to Hobart race went into the Garbage bin over a week ago.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lydia said:

Gold!!!

It is porcelain actually.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Because the one day series against India and the Australian Tennis open start today and we have pretty robust libel laws in this country. Apart from a few angry WO haters on this site, no one gives a fuck about the Race anymore. The story about yet another rugby league player banging some deranged slut is trending now. For 99.9% of Australians it is just a distraction during the lunch break of the boxing day test, and most use the break to have a dump and restack the fridge. News about the Sydney to Hobart race went into the Garbage bin over a week ago.

plus there are precious few journalists these days -- they all got sacked.  Everything else is pulled off the wire.

15 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

plus there are precious few journalists these days -- they all got sacked.  Everything else is pulled off the wire.

There would be more getting sacked if they wasted time and money investigating something that no one cares about.

even current affair couldn’t make anything with this story. Now the marital problems for th former Loyal owner is a post race story they could and probably did run with

35 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Yes, if any still exist that pen an inconvenient truth, will they soon be bought off or otherwise silenced?

2 hours ago, axolotl said:

Sorry, but why doesn't an AUS investigative reporter look into this, interview all involved including the Channel 7 copter which allegedly announced "we blew your comms out", look into the actual Tx power of all cams covering the start, get access to WOXI's splitter to see if it was truly fried, review WOXi's & other's AIS signal record during the race,  look up the records concerning "our AIS has always been Transmitting in all our previous races",  a basic look into how AIS works between boats within 5 miles of each other and its reliability, etc.  It would seem to be newsworthy to do so

As you are serious the answer to that is three fold.

1. The general public have no interest in sailing and even if they did why would they possibly have any interest in questioning a result determined by an international jury. 

2. The sailing world is by and large a pretty conservative church. Many will accept that an IJ has made a decision and leave it at that. There may be many that have deciphered the damage done to the self policing aspect of sailing. However if they are coming to that conclusion honestly then WOXI is not the sole culprit.

All of the four 100 footers are guilty in varying degrees. Two idly standing by and doing nothing. One having a whinge but doing nothing. Finally in the absence of those three protesting, WOXI allowing it all to happen when they had the key to putting a stop to it by coming clean, particularly when the inevitable protest came from the RC. If what they said was true they had nothing to be fearful of in my opinion.

However WOXI took it a lot further by being highly critical of the RC for implementing the AIS provision in the race and for the RC protesting. The latter based upon the weird premise an invalid protest where nothing has been investigated and no ruling has been made has the same weight as one where it has. That's called bullying and appalling behaviour, not rule breaking.

Finally there is the aspect of the RC making arguably a weak protest knowing it was doomed to fail and taking nearly 12 hours to do so without collecting a shred of evidence to enable it to prosecute a valid protest independent of a competitor.

Notwithstanding that I think you would be hard pressed to find any member of the sailing public openly come out and push for an investigation and in fact why should they?

Isn't that the job of Australian Sailing and World Sailing if people are of that view? However I wouldn't want to be hanging by the nuts for administrators of this sport to prosecute an enquiry or even a protest under its own rules that may show its premier offshore event is rotting from the head down. If there is serious journalistic interest in the matter, then I would knocking on Australia Sailing's door, no-one elses.

3. With the above in mind WOXI might be the biggest villian but is not the only villian. The problem then is Australia is one of the few countries in the world with no history of witch hunting. It doesn't have a Salem Massachusetts, a Angéle de la Barthe from Toulouse, Petronilla de Meath from Kilkenny, or the Chelmsford and Pendle Witches of England.

So the prospects of there being a whip around to buy some matches are pretty low.

images (5).jpeg

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Apart from a few angry WO haters on this site, no one gives a fuck about the Race anymore.

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

There would be more getting sacked if they wasted time and money investigating something that no one cares about.

Well actually not quite right. This thread has been trending around 100 - 200 views an hour and on average 7 posts per  hour since inception.

There has only been a dozen posts in the last 10 hours, interestingly nearly half are from you two. Yet views are still around the 100 per hour.

Might not be punters, but someone out there is interested. That or a lot of people are stalking you both.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Well actually not quite right. This thread has been trending around 100 - 200 views an hour and on average 7 posts per  hour since inception.

There has only been a dozen posts in the last 10 hours, interestingly nearly half are from you two. Yet views are still around the 100 per hour.

Might not be punters, but someone out there is interested. That or a lot of people are stalking you both.

Jack just like the people who stop to stare at a car crash they are not interested in who is to blame, they only want to watch the carnage unfold. But scooter did send me a bunch of flowers this morning so we must be doing something right. 

Pity Randumb is not here to post pictures of people smoking and to call me a shill for Hammo island. Fuck - I forgot to fill his water bowl up this morning and give him his roofies. 

9 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Jack just like the people who stop to stare at a car crash they are not interested in who is to blame, they only want to watch the carnage unfold. But scooter did send me a bunch of flowers this morning so we must be doing something right. 

Pity Randumb is not here to post pictures of people smoking and to call me a shill for Hammo island. Fuck - I forgot to fill his water bowl up this morning and give him his roofies. 

Don’t forget the fish heads..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paps49 said:

Christ the sock has a sock!

EddyAllTime and EddySomeTime reacted to this
  •  

Is the new sock a parallel sock or a series sock?

Apologies for electronics content - almost got the thread back on track for a moment there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Jack just like the people who stop to stare at a car crash they are not interested in who is to blame, they only want to watch the carnage unfold.

LB maybe you're too used to the impartiality of this thread :-) Various social media carry a range of opinions, some quite intriguing as to who is to blame and why.

"First time I have ever tracked the race. Everyone with internet access had exact location of all boats. Black Jack should be ashamed of themselves. It was a perfectly clean race from a spectator point. It makes me sick that the world is again seeing such disgraceful unAustralian  sportsmanship".

"Exactly where during the race does blackjack claim wild oats ix aus easn't working as there is a black spot bewtween flinders island and mainland tasmania even with satellite there is no coverage".

"Y doesn’t Wild Oats Xl just follow the rules one year and then you can say you won, two years in a row not good for kids coming into the sport shame."

I could go on and add a few whack jobs like the guy who said it wasn't an International Jury when he posted the IJ's Decision Notice, but I'm sure you get my point.

http://www.rolexsydneyhobart.com/media/3438889/ccf29122018.pdf

PS. Don't forget to feed Randumb.

• Like 1

I have just pissed my pants.

http://sailinganarchy.com/2019/01/11/strongly-worded/

@LB 15 has been trying to kill off this thread from the hour it started.  While it has travelled along regardless, after two weeks post numbers are dropping off and while view numbers still solid at around 100/hour, you would expect them to quickly wane.

Particularly as MR has gone doggo on his promise to reveal all, that is now 5 days overdue.

@LB 15 has now given the thread a shot of adrenaline. Fuck me I love this place.

PS. Mate you are going to have to hand back that special edition MR signed WOXI T-Shirt and enter into witness protection. I can't stop laughing.

51zFfWtuZPL._SX679_.jpg.c4e1fd2390eb48e8a500e58cbfc5d526.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I have just pissed my pants.

http://sailinganarchy.com/2019/01/11/strongly-worded/

@LB 15 has been trying to kill off this thread from the hour it started.  While it has travelled along regardless, after two weeks post numbers are dropping off and while view numbers still solid at around 100/hour, you would expect them to quickly wane.

Particularly as MR has gone doggo on his promise to reveal all, that is now 5 days overdue.

@LB 15 has now given the thread a shot of adrenaline. Fuck me I love this place.

Not only that Jack but he was kind enough to give us a plug as well!

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

...and we have pretty robust libel laws in this country.

LB does your lawyer work weekends? Like say to give you comfort with the Eds closing sentence.  "Parody", courtesy our Sailing Anarchy forums.

Mate the last time I laughed so hard was when my Ex-Mother In Law's broomstick lost engine power and she crash landed on her money grubbing daughter.

46 minutes ago, olaf hart said:

Well, fucking LB just made the fucking front fucking page....

Of what? The Womans Weekly?

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Of what? The Womans Weekly?

A publication you have >20k "post" equity in that you have now forced them to buy another printing press after trying to sabotage the existing one. Ogh fuck this funny.

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

That you have now forced to buy another printing press after trying sabotage the existing one. Ogh fuck this funny.

Paps is going to be pissed that his Clarke and Dawes skit didn't make the cut.

Fuck! I fucking love this fucking place!

It is a special place. You are now #1 on the "In Goal" rankings.

PS. You better wake Randumb up, feed him and ask him about witness protection tips.

LB, one day someone is going to recognize you if you keep plastering your melon all over the forums. 

The buttoned up collar and bow tie are frequently missing, but that pipe is a giveaway at 50 paces. 

I'm just worried about being descended upon by the international paparazzi. 

What happens if they turn up at our revered club and want to see...heaven forbid...

a yacht??? 

54 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

LB, one day someone is going to recognize you if you keep plastering your melon all over the forums. 

The buttoned up collar and bow tie are frequently missing, but that pipe is a giveaway at 50 paces. 

I'm just worried about being descended upon by the international paparazzi. 

What happens if they turn up at our revered club and want to see...heaven forbid...

a yacht??? 

Tell them they'll have to come back when the tide is in and there's enough water to float one.....

FKT

On 1/11/2019 at 4:52 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Didn't seem to be nefarious but odd that RC protested presumably seeking a time penalty for proceeding without OK up to time RC gave the OK to proceed and or WOXI's HF was still not fully functioning. The IJ didn't think so. A comparison is some have not been allowed past Green Cape without a fully functioning HF and DSQ'd or Retired. There was one instance last year I recall.

Just to be clear. You don't get the ok to proceed. You make a declaration that you have read and understood and comply with rule 32.2 ?of the SIs. 

The is no please mr can i keep going.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

LB does your lawyer work weekends? Like say to give you comfort with the Eds closing sentence.  "Parody", courtesy our Sailing Anarchy forums.

Mate the last time I laughed so hard was when my Ex-Mother In Law's broomstick lost engine power and she crash landed on her money grubbing daughter.

Your personal life seems quite complex Jack, as does LB's. Ex mother inlaws, child brides, I tip me lid.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Paps is going to be pissed that his Clarke and Dawes skit didn't make the cut.

Fuck! I fucking love this fucking place!

Not at all LB, it got to the front page, that is all thet metters.

I am however devo that Mumbles didn't even acknowledge reception.

mundle.JPG

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

image.thumb.png.f4b1b5de3e4ac28f9f02693212c18de8.png

Most punters won't know that is a June 1969 edition of Playboy.

I have I think the only one still in existence outside the cartons in LB's garage as it didn't sell that well. A mistake Hugh Heffner never made again having a bloke as the Centrefold. BRW @hoppy here is your chance if you get that sex change thing sorted.

Anyway SH sailing was in its infancy back then and LB decided to enter the Golden Globe Race starting in 1968. 

However much to his Antipodean ways he thought the RC's SI's sucked dogs balls about having a working Radio Direction Finder onboard and that his crew of six deaf mute Bengali dwarfs were deemed by the RC that he had a crewed vessel, even though the little fuckers would not be seen above the cap rail in race promotional Super 8 footage.

So LB decided to go it alone. Unlike a fellow Antipodean in the 1978 S2H being Rolly Tasker (RIP) with Siska IV who started early, LB started late. In fact 6 months after Robin Knox Johnston as he felt a sporty Bay of Biscay in the middle of winter would sort the dwarves out from the boys. His thinking was spot on after only losing two of them. Rolly actually confided in me once it was this move by LB to tell the RC to shove it up their arse nearly a decade earlier, that motivated him to do the same thing in the 1978 S2H.

Anyway to cut to the chase LB arrived back in Portsmouth sans two Bengali midgits some 4 weeks ahead of RKJ, but there was no one there to greet him. I think this experience with RKJ getting knighted and that lack of fame he experienced may have unhinged him about the RRS.

He then gracefully retired and went back to the real world involving writing advertising copy, like drink a carton of this beer and you will be guaranteed of getting a root and starting a Sailing School and pretend they are OK after giving them a piece of paper.

Anyway every 26th December without fail I go down to the Wine Celler/Humidicrib where I store this dog eared edition of Playboy, put the white gloves on and then wait. Wait for for what you may ask?

I simply wait for LB's take on the 100' Club not having to abide by the RRS.

Like HFGATE in 2010, SAILGATE in 2011, then a hiatus as WOXI couldn't engineer a finish after shitting itself midstream in 2015 and 2016, which must have sent them bat shit crazy. Then 2017 with NO760GATE and now AISGATE. 

I have always wondered why LB a stickler for rules adherence has this 100' RRS blindspot? Like for years he has been crucifing a 66' that sort of run out of water with RC assist. My shrink who wears a comfortable 34C Cup and knows her way around a race boat puts it down to his 1968 vessel, ironically named "Oatmeal", being 2 crossiants longer than Bernard Moitessier's steel shitbox Joshua in 1968 and where Bernard lost the plot. There is no other explanation to this 100' rules aberation of his I can think of.

Anyway it seems this thread is enlivened.  I will therefore keep that Playboy edition out for a while. While Heff thought that Centrefold pic of LB approaching the Needles SH was shit, I treasure it. You can't even see the little guys.

PS. I always keep forgetting every year to ask LB what ever happened to the four Bengali deaf mute blind dwarfes? With Brexit happening I hope he just didn't abandon them at Portsmouth in 69? If so they are fucked.

LB with a possible defamation action occuring over the FP, I'm prepared to give you a Stat Dec saying the above is the gospel truth if it helps.

Playboy centrefold pic courtesy of a 60's Drone the whack job and tech head Donald Crowhurst invented, but lost in a bet to LB about who would finish at all.

IMG_20180806_171831.jpg.5f86105b93e741b802b97684930c06d1.jpg

• Like 3

Fuck. Even more plausible than LB’s version....

And not a fucking fried fucking splitter in fucking sight. Thank fuck.

On 1/11/2019 at 3:52 PM, jack_sparrow said:

4 hours ago, Feilberg said:

Just to be clear. You don't get the ok to proceed. You make a declaration that you have read and understood and comply with rule 32.2 ?of the SIs. 

The is no please mr can i keep going.

FeelYourSelfUp thanks so much for barging in to that snapchat @DickDastardly and I were having re the WOXI 2010  Green Cape Protest.

Go read the SI's for the Green Cape obligation of competitors in this race you lazy turd and have been unchanged for close to 20 years and the Jury Decision re WOXI in 2010.

You clearly haven't done so and are a clueless fuckwit, or if you can read, own a Labrador and a white cane.

@Couta is on money, you are an online oxygen thief.

@LB 15 you have to go dark quick smart.

You will be safe tonight if you adopt this disguise. My guess is the WOXI/CYC hit team out to waterboard you are mostly traditional Protestants who still have Dacron sails. So my guess is they will ignore and not look past some friendly Oats/Quaker looking thing, even though 2 metres tall wedged beside the fridge in the kitchen. BTW if you don't  wear the black wide brimmed hat, white wig and cravat thing, but want to wear a Mt Gay Cap, you will be toast.

Come tomorrow you really need to sort out quick smart some sort of witness's protection gig otherwise you are porridge.

Stay safe.

images (6).jpeg

10 hours ago, Francis Vaughan said:

Random will be so hurt they didn't go with him for the cover.

Processed_Stupid_Gimp_Suit.jpg

Oh very well played indeed. Although i was thinking more men’s health magazine for him. 

Mark Richards is quoted as follows in the Gladwell interview;

"As soon as we went around Bradley's Head the Channel 7 TV guys started live streaming from the helicopter. The instant they started streaming, we lost all our instrumentation. We lost our wifi, and a lot of instrumentation went down on the boat."

"The cameraman told us "sorry guys that is probably from the download". "It is a very high microwave frequency and it can interfere with other equipment at times," Richards explains.

"We believe our VHF splitter had been compromised through the video live-stream download before the start."

"Today, I totally believe that is what happened."

Firstly Australian TV Outside Broadcast equipment be it portable/fixed cameras and retransmission relays/downlinks (download) use either the 2.0 GHz or 2.2 GHz frequency band. This is in fact a low, not high frequency as stated by Richards. This is because the higher the frequency, radio signals "attenuate" more quickly, thus reducing their effective range. The "download" or relay transmission from Helicopter to HQ's tower is actually restricted to 2.0 GHz.

Microwave interference is not special. In fact you could be experiencing the same thing at home with a WiFi network, smartphones, cordless telephones, Bluetooth devices etc or anything that works on a 2.4 GHz frequency to the 802.11a and 802.11g standard. The source of interference? Radiation leakage from your kitchen microwave which also works on the same 2.4 GHz frequency.

However around 10 years ago the 802.11n standard was introduced to allow WiFi equipment to work to both 2.4GHz and 5.0 GHz bands to reduce interference from the 2.4 GHz band. However this will depend on distance as while 5.0 GHz is capable of supporting better connectivity, 2.4 GHz will transmit over a longer distance, albeit with less connectivity. That is why TV Outside Broadcast equipment utilise the lower 2.0/2.2 GHz band for improved transmission distance.

WOXI's principle WiFi equipment is a dual band 4G Wireless Router below with transom mounted antennas and a remote dual band Tablet utilised by the navigator when on deck. This Tablet connects wirelessly to the "principal PC/Laptop" at the Nav Station via the Router using "remote desktop". The Instrument system CPU is a wired connection to the "principal PC/Laptop". That CPU is connected to external transducers either via analogue or digital wired connections,  including a masthead mounted wind transducer.

Therefore on top end race boats, a good, fast wireless connection such as provided for by the 5GHz band is essential to limit latency/reduce real time delay and in two directions between Tablet and PC/Laptop.

While the above might not explain the AIS Splitter being impacted by a external microwave device, it is a quite reasonable explanation behind loss of "wireless connectivity" when they were pre-start sitting off Bradley's Head on the morning of 26th December.

IMG_20190113_154242.jpg

8dq3ogfbidf4pper61lfuvd5k0337853-thumb.png

I really do love this place.

• Like 3

^^ Another fine play old chap. However I should point out that article was dated pre the 2009 802.11n WiFi standard. I have since mounted dual band antennas so I can avoid microwave interference when reheating a meal of KFC "fried splitter".. plus switched over to LED.

• Like 2

Sadly the two Eddy's won't be joining us tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else from the wardrobe does.

46 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Sadly the two Eddy's won't be joining us tonight but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else from the wardrobe does.

Wardrobe??? Eddy's "Thing" lives in a Box.

Thingaddams6.jpg.dfb81bb53f390c9497607ad7b1c0519d.jpg

• Like 1

I wonder how long it will be before MR is allowed to say anything at all in public? Mumbles has moved into the spare room I hear.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, paps49 said:

I wonder how long it will be before MR is allowed to say anything at all in public?

Good question. If the timing of his mea culpa for the 2017 S2H protest by the Indian and decision by the IJ is any guide, then it will be on or around New Year's Eve for 2020 or over 12 months away. That mea culpa for 2017 was dated 31 Dec 2018 as follows to Gladwell.

"At least last year we cocked up. We made the wrong decision not doing our [alternative penalty] turns. We were penalised like we should have been. It was the right result, and I don't have any bad feelings about last year's race. We sailed a brilliant race. But we stuffed it up and paid the price [of a line honours win and an unlikely to be beaten race record]."

So leaving the yachting world in suspense for over 12 months and a black mark hanging over Comanche until just now, now BJ until presumably after the next S2H, seems to be the WOXI modus operandi.

Though it does beg the question that God forbid what can WOXI come up with for the 75th and 3 years in a row, where underpinning this shit is that WOXI appears to have its own interpretation of the RRS and SI's?

What drives this culture of bizzare, self endulgent and don't give a fuck behaviour is a bigger question? My guess is after the last 4 outings and securing just this one controversial result, sits at the top of possible answers.

But, but, but they do so much to support yachting........

There's riggers, boat nigels, sailmakers, yacht clubs and many charities who depend on us! Plus the CH7 fiasco, none of this would be possible without us/me......

Shirley you don't suggest we should have to play by same rules as these other plebs?

Without us you would be nothing, no, less than nothing you would be just a fucking boat race!! Did you get that Stanley? Fucking nothing!

Further more if it wasn't for us spending all this tax deductible cash none of you unwashed commie bastards would know anything about Oatley wines, Hamilton Is, Palm Beach Boats or any other of our very profitable enterprises!!

WTF would you do then, you Marxist quants, hey, go and plant fucking trees..........what fucking good is that?  What are your ratings?

BTW for a minute until Mumbles kicked me under the table I almost forgot about Carbon sequestration, we are so winning on that one, fuck your trees. WIN for us.

In conclusion I would humbly suggest that all IJ's in future should include at least one employee of " Hammo needs a Casino" at the very least and preferably someone from "Mumbles makes it big" as well.

Shit why involve these wimpy Yacht Clubs at all. Bondy was on the money, it worked so well for him, we won didn't we, shut the fuck up.

Sorry we are not that good at conclusions, they are fucking complicated. Answers seem to get further away with each statement.

Why are you picking on us??????

Just trying to make a buck or two......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paps49 said:

But, but,but they do so much to support yachting........

The WOXI/Oatleys contribution to Australian sailing is probably without peer. Australia's recent success at Olympic level is through no small contribution of theirs. It included Australian Sailing headquartered in a Oatley building for 3 years rent free. It included them buying Olympic boats to make Aust competitors competive. For that every Australian should tip their hat to the Oatleys.

However there is no such thing as a free lunch. The moment you take money/or in kind from anyone you have instantly traded your independence. You can be a lobby group, a large industry association or just a piss ant journalist who got a hotel room and free ride and writes a supportive article about your/your sponsors race campaign. You can even be a serious sailing journalist like Richard Gladwell who has a RRS CV second to none, but in securing the only WOXI/Richards interview published on 31 December, seems to have forgotten a promise made by Richards to come clean with evidence, is now week now overdue. He must have dementia.

At this juncture if anyone feels what has transpired in this S2H race is screwing with this sport, then the only door they should be knocking on is Australian Sailing. They are pissing their dissatisfaction up against the wall doing otherwise.

I outlined that upthread in this following post #2475 to @axolotlwhere not just WOXI, but three other competitors plus the RO/RC are villians in varying degrees and are the ones fucking with the self policing foundations of this sport.

I made no mention of the IJ as I don't believe it is a Jury responsibility to give any protester two bites of the cherry, even in this case a poorly made RC protest destined to be determined invalid, yet taking 12 hours with nothing other than a competitor complaint and no independent enquiry to support it. That starts to begger belief. That said my antenna does prick up when after 8 years long service the IJ Chairman that put WOXI out the back door last year (2017) was not invited back. I wonder why?

BTW just in case anyone thinks I don't subscribe to the self policing concept that "what happens on the water stays on the water". I do. However in this case that didn't happen and that genie was let out of the bottle when the BJ afterguard inclusive of owner brought it ashore and all had a cry on national TV/Interweb platforms. At that juncture three 100' who were in AIS RX range of WOXI were included in this shit fight, whether they liked it or not. Two then went MIA.

My post #2475 replying to @axolotl asking why doesn't a investigative  journalist look into this was;

So in light of my opening paragraphs above, what realistically are the prospects of Australian Sailing getting off their arse and responding to anyone who feels "something is rotten in the state of Denmark", and this race in particular that is "rotting from the head down" as demonstrated by WOXI's appalling behaviour for two years running and things like entrant numbers for this race going down the toilet? 

I wouldn't want to be hanging by the balls waiting for an answer from Australian Sailing is my guess.

For someone who thinks nothing of this subject and opinions like the above are just static, remember "you always get served what you deserve".

This thread...

Image result for train crash gif

31 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

"Train Fall" doesn't have the same ring. 

Lets try another then.

Image result for train smash gif

I understand that the first train failed to protest the truck in what is essentially a self-policing track crossing. Did the second train get redress?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gaw said:

I understand that the first train failed to protest the truck in what is essentially a self-policing track crossing. Did the second train get redress?

The driver of the second train complained to the cops about his radio not being turned on and they charged him. But the magistrate through the case out...

Just now, frant said:

I’m not sure what you are saying here LB . Is it that the thread has become like watching a train wreck or is it that continual repetition of the same thing quite soon becomes boring ?

Both I think mate.

51 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Lets try another then.

Pretty stupid of the trucker to turn his AIS TX off, how was the train driver to know where he was.

9 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Pretty stupid of the trucker to turn his AIS TX off, how was the train driver to know where he was.

The Truck driver should have just ducked him or tacked. Dick move to stand on. I bet he won't try that again.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The Truck driver should have just ducked him or tacked. Dick move to stand on. I bet he won't try that again.

Agree, though a bigger dick move was to say microwaves from the flashing signals fried his AIS. 

13 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Fonzie%20celebrates%20after%20he%20jumpe

1 minute ago, jack_sparrow said:

Agree, though a bigger dick move was to say microwaves from the flashing signals crashed his AIS. 

And speaking of train rides I took Randumb into town on the train this morning to get him a new suit. I couldn't understand exactly what he was saying through the mask, but I think the other one was giving him chafe in this heat. I made him stand up for an elderly rich white cunt and as you can see he wasn't impressed...

Image result for gimp on a train

• Like 2

That looks very modern. I thought they still used a pair of horses on the Cleveland line? Did the horseys get turned into glue, get stolen?

images (8).jpeg

Good dam it Jack! I just showed Randumb your post on my phone and he went ballistic, ran up the front and grabbed the controls. Fuck!

Image result for train crashes cleveland line

We are now trying to catch a bus on old Cleveland road trying to get away from the cops.

Image result for man in gimp suit running

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

We are now trying to catch a bus on old Cleveland road trying to get away from the cops.

Don't forget to turn off his AIS ankle bracelet

3 hours ago, frant said:

I’m not sure what you are saying here LB . Is it that the thread has become like watching a train wreck or is it that continual repetition of the same thing quite soon becomes boring ?

The weekend is very quiet on SA for obvious reasons. The views for this thread since inception have been running between 80 - 200 average per hour, the latter obviously closer to the front end. Over this weekend just gone, around 4,000 views or 80 views per hour. Seems there is life still left in the thing.

Rule 69 has been mentioned from time to time upthread.

Seems late last week during Langkawi Race Week (Malaysia) someone protested under this provision over a crew member on a competing vessel for exposing his private parts when 70' abeam (while taking a piss). The Jury decision was a warning and be kicked out of the regatta if there was a repeat offence.

In Malaysia I would be more worried about any such Jury sanction potentially involving the application of a machete.

Notice courtesy of rumpig

7E165685-DFA8-4D90-B9B9-01482719D9B9.thumb.jpeg.80cba2fd8ae20f83f97fd51e5cc19387.jpeg

16 minutes ago, frant said:

Fuck if it was Australia the crew of girls would have burst into laughter saying... “ we saw Jack Sparrow attempting to find his private parts and didn’t see a thing.” Nothing to see here no protest.

Frant, you just need to wait for Meli, then there will be a dozen different threads with a dozen different opinions, all hers and all vacuous.

Ferk, sorry, I forgot we were upstairs in the sailors forum.

No chance of that happening. 

Carry on.

32 minutes ago, frant said:

Fuck if it was Australia the crew of girls would have burst into laughter saying... “ we saw Jack Sparrow attempting to find his private parts and didn’t see a thing.” Nothing to see here no protest.

I would borrow from Winston Churchill when confronted with the observation his fly was down, by saying. "Dead birds don't fall out of the nest"

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frant said:

If you are willing to acknowledge that your old fella is dead then I guess I gotta retract my statements on this and other thread.

No need, I just put your thoughts down to having had a long and thirsty journey crossing your mind.

22 minutes ago, frant said:

Sorry, had already made the retraction  based on your agreeing with Churchill about ownership of a dead bird

Don't sweat it. Surgery is booked next week to electrify and AIS enable my dick. I'm going to call my new dick, "Dick Smith" to assist in after dark introductions as you can't get a MMSI number for dicks. Luckily any cunt can get a MMSI, but only useful if they turn it on so my dick can track them.

images (9).jpeg

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Unlike Richo in 2017, the truck driver realised his mistake and you can see the start of a 360 but then he got hit by the 2nd train .