Mid

2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

5 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You can call Jack as a witness at the forthcoming R69 hearing you are bringing on.

Oh these are troubled times we live in.

Will you be appearing for the defense Little Boy?

5 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Will you be appearing for the defense Little Boy?

No did you miss my earlier post? I couldn’t  give a fuck who took line honours. Happy to come along as a character witness for you though old mate. 

43 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Nice piece of investigative journalism Jack.

Thank you but I wouldn't take too much notice past the 2/3 mark, I would have been on my third bottle by then.

28 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

You can call Jack as a witness at the forthcoming R69 hearing you are bringing on.

Oh these are troubled times we live in.

I would love to oblige but I'm currently an "expert witness" in a long running trial where I have to calculate the exact G Force of a burning gerbil called RC. Quite an interesting case. It involves a one Eric Tomaszewski who is suing Andrew "Kiki" Farnum his homosexual partner over a felching session that went seriously wrong.

A shame as I think both cases have a lot in common.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I would love to oblige but I'm currently an "expert witness" in a long running trial where I have to calculate the exact G Force of a burning gerbil called RC. Quite an interesting case. It involves a one Eric Tomaszewski who is suing Andrew "Kiki" Farnum his homosexual partner over a felching session that went seriously wrong.

A shame as I think both cases have a lot in common.

I believe "Armageddon" was the safe word in use that day

• Like 2

Jack , l dont know how you have time to waste in posting on this form.

You being an "Expert Witness" in a case  that needs all your expertise and time.

l was only reading the law notices earlier this week, and i see that case is to be heard in 2 weeks.  If you ask LB nicely he  may lend you Randumb to help you for the trail. He was know to breed Gerbils in LB's basement.

36 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No did you miss my earlier post? I couldn’t  give a fuck who took line honours. Happy to come along as a character witness for you though old mate. 

Thanks for the offer LB but I need someone credible.

I'm surprised they didn't cut this part too Jack.

"I'm a proud gay," says Richards. "I've had an amazing relationship with the Oatley family for one reason - my dexterity."

46 minutes ago, DickDastardly said:

I believe "Armageddon" was the safe word in use that day

I believe Armageddon was also the word that Richo was originally intending to use to describe the cause for their AIS failing to TX. I think someone talked him out of that on the basis an "end of the world" scenario courtesy of a Intergalactic Death Ray would not be seen as plausible, even by the RC, if they were all still alive. The rest is history.

Like "I'm a geddin pretty pissed off with all these technical questions you guy's. I'm just an amateur, you guy's need to talk to the Pro's" 

17 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

A. INTRODUCTION

I'm with LB, where other than I have banked my huge fucking WOXI winnings, I couldn't give a tinkers cuss about the result, and if any dimwit here thinks otherwise about my posts, they can't differentiate between "opinion" and "parody".

One of the problems with this thread from day one when @Mid started it when the RC's protest was announced some 12 hours after WOXI's finish is anyone seen to question process or concerned about the knock-on  effect to our self-policing sport is interpreted as saying 'WOXI has cheated".

Without evidence that is a fucking nonsense claim and a slight on WOXI and her crew. Similarly anyone over it and want to move on is automatically a "WOXI fanboy". Both are partesan and a reality of life where debate occurs. My only comment then would be who is putting up the more robust debate that allows a thread like this only 3 weeks old yet will before not too long overtake the 2018 S2H Race thread that has been going for a year?

Simple facts of life are;

1. What should have stayed on the water didn't, cats out of the bag but then did not lead to a competitor protest by either Black Jack or any other 100' in a self policing sport. Bunch of cockwarblers in the absence of that.

2. The RC was then forced to investigate, but then didn't after 12 hours to then rely solely on Black Jack's panty split, so automatically blowing up their own protest without a hearing. Add another cockwarbler to the fucking basket.

That alone is cause enough for controversy, but maybe should have died away by now? 

However it hasn't (as shown by thread views here not fading but now going through the roof) that rests solely on the shoulders of Mark Richards and WOXI. Why?

The porkies post race have been coming thick and thin out of WOXI via only Richard Gladwell at Sail-World NZ.com and still going as late as a few days ago.

Gladwell for whatever the reason is drinking WOXI Kool Aid being a PR conduit and not reporting as an independent who asks questions. For instance he sides with WOXI's post, not pre-race view that AIS activation should never have been made compulsory for this race and the RC should never have protested. Fuck he supports WOXI's view the RC owes WOXI an apology. Yet he does not investigate why the RC didn't lodge a valid protest ie, "Sadly the half-baked allegations surrounding an electronic safety device were given too much credence by the Race Committee". 

Here are just two examples that make people seriously question WOXI's (and the RC's) position and bona fides where they have been spared any investigation and a protest hearing and using Mark Richards own words and no one elses. 

Using Gladwells first interview with Mark Richards published three days after the finish on 31 December, with my emphasis. 

B.  TRACKER - COLREGS - AIS 

"After the festivities of the finish, Sandy Oatley, Val Oatley and myself, walked over to Black Jack to congratulate them on an awesome race."

“They said nothing about a protest or claims that our AIS had been turned off. Nothing. They just said 'congratulations guys, well sailed race, fantastic result, well done" - and that was it."

"They weren't flying a protest flag and they didn't say a word. Not a word,” Richards emphasised. “We hadn’t seen their TV interview, of course.”

"When we were walking back from Black Jack to the hotel, a reporter came up and said "what do you think about the protest?"

"I said "what protest I don't what you are talking about. There was no protest."

"I was tired, we'd had a hard race, and I was blindsided by the question. We had no idea what they were talking about. That was when I made the comments about AIS not being mandatory under the Col Regs for ships at sea - which it isn't generally also for boats our size [or under 300 tonnes]. My comments were taken out of context, I was referring to the Col Regs, where it is clear that AIS is a voluntary navigational aid."

"I'm an amateur sailor. I do it because I enjoy it. The effort this year I put into this program, out of my own time is huge."

That exchange was with a Channel 2 reporter and here is the full extent courtesy of someone with a Twitter account who recorded that exchange in full. It is not a Channel 2's edited version so to give Mark Richards the full benefit of any doubt, albeit I'm sure he isn't aware of its existence, before his Gladwell interview.

The points to note;

1. The ABC reporter does not mention the words "protest" or "AIS" in that exchange but only the word "Tracker." The reason being for no mention of "protest" or "AIS" by that terrestrial not sailing reporter is she had just interviewed the owner of Black Jack, Peter Harburg just prior who said amongst other things in context the following; " 'We didn't know where they were, and they knew where we were all the time, so that has disadvantaged us and Comanche and we are very disappointed in that.' and The crew of his Queensland-based yacht wanted the race committee to examine the issue but that 'it's not our job to protest'."

Mark Richards responds accordingly to the reporter about the RO's "Tracker" (that they are obliged not to interfere with and WOXI download theirs and other boats tracker data directly into their Nav software), but he suddenly brings up AIS and out of the blue and it's activation being not mandatory?  Did Mark Richards having no knowledge of Black Jack's complaint, suddenly experience a "AIS Epiphany" or some message from God?

2. Mark Richards doesn't mention the word "COLREGS' or even imply in the context of saying "AIS activation is not mandatory" (assuming his COLREGS' reference means SOLAS vessels over 300 tonne or for non SOLAS commercial Australian Registered Vessels less than 300 tonnes now regarded as 'regulated vesels' where AIS activation is mandatory).

If he was aware of say the latter walking down that dock on Friday morning tired he joins a handful of maritime lawyers on Australia aware of the existence to a recent regulatory change that arguably captures a <300 tonne vessel like WOXI to turn their AIS on, as an Australian Registered Ship while in a recreational event, but are manned by professional crew?

Conclusion: The Gladwell interview is a fictional reconstruction of an exchange with that Channel 2 reporter that simply didn't happen. This interview by the ABC went live mid morning on Friday and put on their website at 1.32 pm AEDT or nearly seven hours before the RC lodged a unsupported protest having no evidence other than solely relying upon Black Jack's complaint and nothing from WOXI? 

C. AIS TX ON or OFF via THE INTERWEB.

"We've sailed all year with our AIS turned on. Others have chosen not to - we've chosen to sail in every race with AIS on. We do that from a safety perspective and because we are trying to support what the club's are trying to do with showing competitor positions."

"Why would we suddenly choose to sail without our AIS turned on for this race, especially when this a provision of the Sailing Instructions?"

What Mark Richards refers to there is the CYC's (and RO for this race) Blue Water Series and valuable form guide to this race which not tracked. What he refers to is AIS Interweb platforms like Marine Traffic and Vessel Finder etc to allow fans to follow the Blue Water Series. As an aside most boats do the same thing and have AIS TX on all the time save for when they are doing something strategic like which gybe they have taken after rounding the top mark in the last race of the series (WOXI not in that one).

Therefore his comments as follows in the same interview are totally weird.

"Unless someone tells you that you are not transmitting, there is no way that you know."

"We believe our VHF splitter had been compromised through the video live-stream download before the start. We were receiving AIS information, but we now believe our signal wasn't strong enough to transmit with much range."

"Subsequently Wild Oats XI found that there is a website that can be used to check AIS transmission strength, however, they were not aware of it at the time."

Conclusion: By Mark Richards own words it  indicates mid interviw with Gladwell he is suffering some sort of massive on-set dementia thing about Interweb AIS, that or the WOXI PR machine need putting out to pasture.

D. CONCLUSION

You lazy pricks can draw your own conclusions whether you want to be a WOXI and Gladwell cockwarbler or not.

Either way you will no doubt note I have not bothered to even touch on the new urban myth propgated by WOXI that a television up link at 2 GHz can fry electronics and join the "dog ate my homework". For instance the Tour de France RO is awaiting this amazing revelation from Mark Richards that for decades those camera mounted motorcycles and Helicopter downlinks have been frying everyone's fucking cell phones beside the route and even toasters in each town.

The world's outside broadcast industry are sitting spellbound for this evidence from Mark Richards now three weeks overdue and a promise to provide that microwave evidence. You remember that promise of course from Mark Richards via the Gladwell interview to provide that microwave evidence.

Fuck even Gladwell wrote in his latest misive; "As we write the matter is still unresolved. An explanation needs to be made as to how Wild Oats XI's AIS could have been affected/fried by microwave transmission equipment operated by the Channel 7 camera crew. Without that explanation who will have media people on board before the start of the 2019 edition of the annual offshore classic?"

WHY HAVE I MADE THIS POST THEN?

Simple.

1. My sole interest is the knock-on effect to our self-policing sport by this catastrofuck attached to a world wide signature event.

2. I'm of the firm belief after years of watching their demeanour, the Oatley/WOXI team have developed a culture, lead by Mark Richards or otherwise where they are not straight shooters in a self policing sport. They are are bullies in our sport no different than that Opti kid with monied parents with not a bees dick of appreciation of rules. They are the last people on earth to play a game of golf against.

3. As I have already articulated upthread I was quite prepared to give Richard Gladwell the benifit of the doubt with his first Mark Richards interview dated 31 December even though a contrived WOXI PR piece and full of holes as articulated above. That was because I both valued his journalist integrity and appreciated his thrust being Black Jack fucked up and him being a RCC nazi with a truckload of experience.

4. His second article dated 19 January unfortunately turned him into desperately now needing to gargle a few gallons of WOXI Cock Wash.

5. The penultimate reason to making this post was Gladewell's plead as follows in his latest piece of a couple a days ago; 'With the Race Committee remaining tight-lipped, the spotlight remains fixed on the crew and owners of Wild Oats XI - accompanied by jeers and innuendo from the usually nameless chatterati that they have cheated or won a race by breaking the rules."

"Make no mistake the 2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart race should have been a big celebration for the Oatley and Wild Oats family - with a Line Honours win ...instead they came away having been booted where it hurts, with nary a public apology or explanation from the competitors involved, the Race Committee or the Club.

You guys are better than that."

Gladwell writing that PR  fluff piece for WOXI thought that no one from the "the usually nameless chatterati" he pours shit over could possibly be bothered doing his job of poking the bear as an independent journalist. By way of example my quick above ABC TV recreation according to Richo is total craploa yet he printed it. If push came to shove did Gladwell honestly think he could make shit fly?

6. Now the icing on the cake, the coup de grâce or in French the "blow of mercy" a "death blow" to end the suffering of a severely wounded person or animal, or in this case poor old Richard Gladwell and the WOXI PR machine wanting to make all this shit all go away.

Remember Richard Gladwells article of 31 December with the penultimate paragraphs that said this; 

"We can very clearly prove that we had our AIS on for the entire race. We can prove, and will confirm in a week's time, that we were compromised by live-streaming from the helicopter".

Well if you click on the first linky below, you will find that penultimate paragraph of Gladwell's article dated 31 Dec has now disappeared. Stolen by aliens maybe? Can't reverse engineer the "fried splitter" via microwave story, so hit delete and hope no one notices and it all goes away?

I have to say that borders on journalistic suicide. I really hope it is a slow death now for Gladwell.

I hope with this post I have dispelled any thoughts that those that think something is on the nose, now might think it in fact stinks to high heaven. I get no joy from this. In essence from Australian Sailing down by ignoring this catastrofuck means sailing in Australia is rotting from the head down and with the concurrence if not clear support of participants and the sailing media.

Time some of us decided that do we have either "normal heads" OR, are we happy with bring "coneheads" coming from getting competitor PR and RO/CYCA dicks shoved collectively in our mouths and are forced to drink shit wine ?  Hopefully this meme helps those who struggle beyond comprehending two line posts.

Choice is yours people.

https://www.sail-world.com/news/213456/Wild-Oats-XIs-skipper-answers-critics-on-S2H-row

https://www.sail-world.com/news/213896/Gladwells-Line-Key-wins-for-WomenRSHYR-furore

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-28/wild-oats-xi-sydney-hobart-2018-line-honours-winner/10671064?pfmredir=sm

Jvc.gif

In all of this it's interesting to note that the Oatley family's usual spokesperson / mouthpiece is notably silent on the matter. Mumbles has been doing the PR for WOXI and the earlier Oatley rides since day zero but now it seems that Sail-World's Kiwi scribe Richard Gladwell has taken up the mantle. Too close to home for comfort or is it simply a case of him recognising which side his bread is amply buttered on?

• Like 2

Just now, Flatbag said:

In all of this it's interesting to note that the Oatley family's usual spokesperson / mouthpiece is notably silent on the matter. Mumbles has been doing the PR for WOXI and the earlier Oatley rides since day zero but now it seems that Sail-World's Kiwi scribe Richard Gladwell has taken up the mantle. Too close to home for comfort?

He is a patriarch in the game. He's now a published author of some very good books.

Probably happy to let Gladwell stick his neck out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Flatbag said:

In all of this it's interesting to note that the Oatley family's usual spokesperson / mouthpiece is notably silent on the matter. Mumbles has been doing the PR for WOXI and the earlier Oatley rides since day zero..

He will still be there, just not his head above the parapet. 

17 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Well if you click on the first linky below, you will find that penultimate paragraph of Gladwell's article dated 31 Dec has now disappeared. Stolen by aliens maybe? Can't reverse engineer the "fried splitter" via microwave story, so hit delete and hope no one notices and it all goes away?

:wacko: That is unforgivable. You don't get to try to change history and remain with any credibility playing that game. 

Taken with his second posting's content he has pretty much ruined any semblance of balance he may have exhibited. And integrity. Which is a great shame.  It will be very hard to take anything he writes seriously now.

Removing the paragraph is really quite damning for MR. The only reason for it to go is that MR asked for it to be removed. And the only reason he would ask, is if he knew he could not make good on the promise. The only reasonable conclusion is that MR has discovered the truth - and that truth is not what he wanted. So Gladwell becomes complicit in the mess, and removes the promise.

It is always the case - the coverup is what matters, not the crime.  The stink isn't whether WOXI won or not. The stink is the bad behaviour of more than a few players since the race. We can now add Gladwell to the list, along with MR, BJ, and the RC/CYCA. Currently I score them as:

• MR : 3,
  • BJ : 1, 
  • RC/CYCA : 1
  • Gladwell : 2

Where the score is dick moves.

• Like 3

Yeah, he came to my club a while ago  to launch his latest tomb armed with a 6'x4' framed print of WOXI. When told all the large walls were taken he embarrassed the hosts into moving a similar sized original oil painting of Gretel II into the men's toilets to make room.

2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Yeah, he came to my club a while ago  to launch his latest tomb armed with a 6'x4' framed print of WOXI. When told all the large walls were taken he embarrassed the hosts into moving a similar sized original oil painting of Gretel II into the men's toilets to make room.

I sincerely hope that the locations have since been reversed.

7 minutes ago, Francis Vaughan said:

:wacko: That is unforgivable. You don't get to try to change history and remain with any credibility playing that game. 

Taken with his second posting's content he has pretty much ruined any semblance of balance he may have exhibited. And integrity. Which is a great shame.  It will be very hard to take anything he writes seriously now.

Removing the paragraph is really quite damning for MR. The only reason for it to go is that MR asked for it to be removed. And the only reason he would ask, is if he knew he could not make good on the promise. The only reasonable conclusion is that MR has discovered the truth - and that truth is not what he wanted. So Gladwell becomes complicit in the mess, and removes the promise.

It is always the case - the coverup is what matters, not the crime.  The stink isn't whether WOXI won or not. The stink is the bad behaviour of more than a few players since the race. We can now add Galdwell to the list, along with MR, BJ, and the RC/CYCA. Currently I score them as:

Christ Fran, expect sand incoming into your vagina in 10, 9, 8, 7............

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Francis Vaughan said:

I sincerely hope that the locations have since been reversed.

We are working on it.

Obviously LB is on a romantic date with one of his boy toys, leather optional.

Good night, that's enough bitterness for one night. I'm off the have a J and relax.

5 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Good night, that's enough bitterness for one night. I'm off the have a J and relax.

Jerk, Jar, Jug or Joint Paps?

For anyone bothering to follow this miserable (for Richards and WOXI) saga, by now they might just begin to suspect that Gladwell's motives may have been the exact opposite of what, on the face of it, they seemed to be.

I know nothing of Gladwell other than what I read but seemingly he is clever enough to understand what he has written.

Whilst he poses as a loyal WOXI/MR supporter, given context and authority by his personal presence at the scene and his reporting first hand of what his offended friends in the WOXI camp actually said, the blatant contradictions of his first article by the second, for anyone who understands English and can follow logic, serve to discredit the WOXI/MR reputations more thoroughly than any enemy or "hater" (as LB chooses to term their critics) could possibly have managed.

Reading his articles and especially reading between the lines is actually very revealing.

Has Gladwell intentionally chosen to sacrifice his own journalistic reputation for the greater good of sailboat racing sportsmanship by so intensely focusing public opinion on the circumstances surrounding the taking of the line honours trophy in this race?

Lets face it, without the Gladwell articles this fascinating thread would have little substance.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, staysail said:

Lets face it, without the Gladwell articles this fascinating thread would have little substance.

Absolutely. Would have died three weeks ago. 

OTOH, first rule of conspiracies still applies. Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.  Gladwell would have to be playing a very long game, and doing so out of malice, rather than any higher motive, to be deliberately allowing his own name to be caught up in the fray. Still, this is all just light entertainment for most of us. I'm back to the day job, so just poke my head in in the evenings. It is insanely hot down here. 45 C forecast for tomorrow. You don't get much in the way of jollies in this weather, so I get them where I can.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Francis Vaughan said:

Absolutely. Would have died three weeks ago. 

OTOH, first rule of conspiracies still applies. Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.  Gladwell would have to be playing a very long game, and doing so out of malice, rather than any higher motive, to be deliberately allowing his own name to be caught up in the fray. Still, this is all just light entertainment for most of us. I'm back to the day job, so just poke my head in in the evenings. It is insanely hot down here. 45 C forecast for tomorrow. You don't get much in the way of jollies in this weather, so get them where you can.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but looking back on it, intentionally or otherwise he sure hasn't done them any favours! Wonder if the thread will run til December?

1 minute ago, staysail said:

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but looking back on it, intentionally or otherwise he sure hasn't done them any favours! Wonder if the thread will run til December?

No. I doubt it has. I think the British understated humour is getting a bit lost in the barrage here :) 

I'm sure there will be something else to whinge about soon. 

11 minutes ago, staysail said:

Exactly only thing that has given the entire subject oxygen.

Rule 101 of crisis management is turn off the fan and don't fuel the fire and if anything is said be transparent, accountable and be prepared for social media backlash. Instead abuse the social media audience and have a questionable answer with a call to action that is not followed through with.

It doesn't get any dumber or more arrogant.

24 minutes ago, staysail said:

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, but looking back on it, intentionally or otherwise he sure hasn't done them any favours! 

To be fair to him, while he might have simply regurgitated WOXI's PR spin without interogation, he did in latest article at least leave on the table and in his own words the unanswered question;

"As we write the matter is still unresolved. An explanation needs to be made as to how Wild Oats XI's AIS could have been affected/fried by microwave transmission equipment operated by the Channel 7 camera crew. Without that explanation who will have media people on board before the start of the 2019 edition of the annual offshore classic?"

Come on; keep it going.  Only 8 more pages to go...  or 11 months till the next race!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Wess said:

Come on; keep it going

OK if you insist.

3 hours ago, Francis Vaughan said:

Currently I score them as:

Francis that score is rediculous.

WOXI your top score but no evidence of any wrong doing and only crime is post IJ decision stupidity of going to print with a Hanzel & Gretal story and unseemly chest thumping instead of saying nothing.

RG. Apart from crappy journalism he was supposed to walk away from a WOXI exclusive?

BJ & RC. Equal lowest score yet each both held a RRS key they didn't use, where if they did, this whole sorry mess would never have occured.

I would suggest your "murder wall" is arse about face.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I would suggest your score is arse about face.

If you want to score with a metric of how bad each thing was perhaps. I was counting individual actions. So BJ and RC did one dickish thing each. Counts as one each. RG did two - he removed the quote in the first article, and published the second drinking the WOXI Kool Aid.  MR did three dick moves - basically mouthing off when he should have known better. Each counts as one.

Now sure, if you want to create a score based on the relative level of malfeasance, I agree, my score doesn't do the situation justice. There is a likely a lot of hidden bad behaviour going on. I'll give some benefit of the doubt - incompetence over conspiracy - but that is more a reflection of how little I know of the people and the local culture involved. From where I sit halfway across the continent it is hard to tell whether it is smoke filled rooms and good-old-boys networks, or just a bunch of amateurs out of their depth. 

Page 29.

Anything new happened? 

High court of Australia received the SA tribunals report yet?

If you burn them at the stake, can I have the boat?  Its nice.  For a monohull.  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Wess said:

Come on; keep it going.  Only 8 more pages to go...  or 11 months till the next race!

Dedication of the faithful and stamina required! It's a first rate cause.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flatbag said:

Jerk, Jar, Jug or Joint Paps?

I'm thinking all 4 Flats.

6 hours ago, Francis Vaughan said:

If you want to score with a metric of how bad each thing was perhaps. I was counting individual actions. So BJ and RC did one dickish thing each. Counts as one each. RG did two - he removed the quote in the first article, and published the second drinking the WOXI Kool Aid.  MR did three dick moves - basically mouthing off when he should have known better. Each counts as one.

Now sure, if you want to create a score based on the relative level of malfeasance, I agree, my score doesn't do the situation justice. There is a likely a lot of hidden bad behaviour going on. I'll give some benefit of the doubt - incompetence over conspiracy - but that is more a reflection of how little I know of the people and the local culture involved. From where I sit halfway across the continent it is hard to tell whether it is smoke filled rooms and good-old-boys networks, or just a bunch of amateurs out of their depth. 

The boat is back in the shed, the trophy is in the cabinet, MR is back at work, IM just won the Etchells Nationals and the Oatleys are back on their island and you clowns are arguing about the scoring criteria for your own little 'Dick move' list.

You can not make this shit up!

9 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

The boat is back in the shed, the trophy is in the cabinet, MR is back at work

Pah!  This hasn't been about WOXI's win for weeks. It is now about Gladwell and MR. If MR want's to go bleating to Sail Word, and they start drinking from his cup, well that makes for more plot in the little drama. What has become is a story of a depressing level of sycophantic behavior, and those that take advantage of it. Sadly this shit you don't need to make up. 

I need to get my arse into gear and go and do the day job. At least I can escape the day's punishing weather for a while.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Francis Vaughan said:

Pah!  This hasn't been about WOXI's win for weeks. It is now about Gladwell and MR.

Only among the handful of people posting on this thread. The rest of the known universe, including the central players, MR and crew, BJ and crew, the CYCA, the IJs on the PC, the guy selling scollop pies at the harbour light and the head gardener on Hamilton island have all moved on with their lives.

These forums attract the oddest people. 

13 minutes ago, Francis Vaughan said:

I need to get my arse into gear and go and do the day job. At least I can escape the day's punishing weather for a while.

Sadly I will be out in it today. 15 knot NE and not a cloud in the sky. Looking forward to anchoring for lunch and a swim. I need to get a real Job. 

And a big congratulations to Head of the Australia Olympic sailing team and New Australian Ettchells Champion Iain Murray. 

A fine summer of sailing for the Big fella, an after his line honours win in this years Hobart as tactician on the winner Wil Oats XI. Iain is an icon of our sport and deserves the respect he is held in by all. 

Some of you might bear that in mind...

B341CF20-0F3B-4207-BFE7-6FBD1F039399.jpeg

19 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Geeze Mad, really?

A made up news story about a man arrested for using a flame thrower to clear snow; is that it?

I saw Boothy there and it certainly entertained him, LB and some other kids.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6622591/Snowed-homeowner-uses-home-FLAMETHROWER-clear-driveway.html#v-6202522077461564229

Stuffed if I can figure out how to embed the video but this guy is crazy

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

....The rest of the known universe, including the central players, MR and crew, BJ and crew, the CYCA, the IJs on the PC, the guy selling scollop pies at the harbour light and the head gardener on Hamilton island have all moved on with their lives....

Reminds me of course; there are gentlemen, and then there are players!

image.jpeg.28992799b184c1f8eaa30413184566ab.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Pipe Dream said:

Yes he is if he existed. It has been found to be made up, fake news... an invention to get clicks.

LB loves it though

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Only among the handful of people posting on this thread. The rest of the known universe, including the central players, MR and crew, BJ and crew, the CYCA, the IJs on the PC, the guy selling scollop pies at the harbour light and the head gardener on Hamilton island have all moved on with their lives.

Sadly I will be out in it today. 15 knot NE and not a cloud in the sky. Looking forward to anchoring for lunch and a swim. I need to get a real Job. 

Classic LB

He says... "Handful of people" Read the views and post numbers. It indicates there's a hellavu lot of people coming to this thread to post and read. 

Jack Sparrow posts a very good piece and it shows why the thread still has legs and would have made front page and more if it hadn't mentioned Nazis, cockwarbling and cockwash. Maybe an edited version Jack? Yeah I know I know, you and LB don't give two fucks. It's all just parody and satire. You went to a lot of effort though.

As usual LB totally ignores Jack's post with not one salient comment on one of the best posts so far..

LBs trolling is repetitive now; he almost killed the thread but he can't. His basic tenant now is that participating in this thread is showing extreme disrespect to the WOXI crew.

For the record. WOXI and its crew is one of the best sailed offshore racing Maxis sailing ; if not the best. The crew is world class. I wish I could have achieved a 100th of any of these guy's career aboard WOXI.

The winning move they made at 0120- 1300 on BJ and Blackjack was made with the benefit of AIS as a tactical tool and their's wasn't on.

It doesn't reflect well on the RC, BJ or the press and I'm still interested in the outcomes, outside of the official result. If there are none it will happen again.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

And a big congratulations to Head of the Australia Olympic sailing team and New Australian Ettchells Champion Iain Murray. 

A fine summer of sailing for the Big fella, an after his line honours win in this years Hobart as tactician on the winner Wil Oats XI. Iain is an icon of our sport and deserves the respect he is held in by all. 

B341CF20-0F3B-4207-BFE7-6FBD1F039399.jpeg

Yeah, he's a great guy and your point is?

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

That must be nice for you LB. For the non Aussies in here this is what the rest of us are dealing with today. Lets hope the casualties are as light as possible and god help us if there are any serious fires.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2019/jan/24/australia-extreme-heatwave-south-australia-45c-tasmania-bushfires-victoria-temperature-nsw-weather-forecast-live-news-updates?CMP=soc_567&amp;fbclid=IwAR1oNdAf7Qywdq726J2vKgXO9_FEhN-tMNXaIYp_FELKlbGjvd-oPvwJLkY

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

LB unfortunately it only takes one clown, then many people think you have a circus.

It would help if the clown was to bear that in mind, then he might say they don't mind me making them look like monkeys two years in a row.

2 hours ago, paps49 said:

He is one of the people you are accusing of cheating cup cake. Or in your fantasy was Dr evil MR the only one that new? Just sayin' you need to think about who you are calling a cheat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, paps49 said:

That must be nice for you LB. For the non Aussies in here this is what the rest of us are dealing with today. Lets hope the casualties are as light as possible and god help us if there are any serious fires.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/live/2019/jan/24/australia-extreme-heatwave-south-australia-45c-tasmania-bushfires-victoria-temperature-nsw-weather-forecast-live-news-updates?CMP=soc_567&amp;fbclid=IwAR1oNdAf7Qywdq726J2vKgXO9_FEhN-tMNXaIYp_FELKlbGjvd-oPvwJLkY

Yes the heat wave is my fault as well. Or is it the Oatley's? Hard to keep up with your hating.

3 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Classic LB

He says... "Handful of people" Read the views and post numbers. It indicates there's a hellavu lot of people coming to this thread to post and read. 

Jack Sparrow posts a very good piece and it shows why the thread still has legs and would have made front page and more if it hadn't mentioned Nazis, cockwarbling and cockwash. Maybe an edited version Jack? Yeah I know I know, you and LB don't give two fucks. It's all just parody and satire. You went to a lot of effort though.

As usual LB totally ignores Jack's post with not one salient comment on one of the best posts so far..

LBs trolling is repetitive now; he almost killed the thread but he can't. His basic tenant now is that participating in this thread is showing extreme disrespect to the WOXI crew.

For the record. WOXI and its crew is one of the best sailed offshore racing Maxis sailing ; if not the best. The crew is world class. I wish I could have achieved a 100th of any of these guy's career aboard WOXI.

The winning move they made at 0120- 1300 on BJ and Blackjack was made with the benefit of AIS as a tactical tool and their's wasn't on.

It doesn't reflect well on the RC, BJ or the press and I'm still interested in the outcomes, outside of the official result. If there are none it will happen again.

What is that high pitched whinny noise?

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

......These forums attract the oddest people.......

Says the man with over 20,000 posts......

5 minutes ago, hoppy said:

BTW how many pints for the one in red?

I asked her along for Pig Trick.

1 minute ago, Sidecar said:

Says the man with over 20,000 posts......

Even when I give you a slow one knee high on the on side you still can't get it over the fence.

On 1/22/2019 at 12:58 PM, paps49 said:

Oh and Mark Richards is a cheating scumbag. ; ), sue me.

I thought this should be saved for the Rule 69 application. And any other procedural matters that may arise in the future. We don't want evidence being lost after all.

Image result for mark richards sailor

11 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

You already made that joke. A bit like LBs repetitive schtick.

And there it is again. It sounds like a squeaky wheel that badly wants oiling or a baby crying.

4 hours ago, Trickypig said:

Classic LB

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

I come to this thread a lot, but just to see LB's shit stirring and hoping that the handful of moaners have given up and faced reality and joined Random in his dungeon   

RootT_And_The_New_Bondage_Chair_0818.jpg

Really Jalopy, you come here a lot...."but just to see" ??? Are you suffering some sort incurable neurological disease with an unpronounceable name? Just alone you have posted in less than 30 minutes that and these 4 posts?

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Not much of a celebration there

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

BTW how many pints for the one in red?

57 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Is this the sound?

50 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Same joke, different context.

If we removed all repetitive posts from this thread, we'd still be on page one.

Come on mate you come here having only your meme collection to contribute is because your next original sailing thought will be your first..that and to hump LB's leg of course.

32 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I thought this should be saved for the Rule 69 application. And any other procedural matters that may arise in the future. We don't want evidence being lost after all.

Image result for mark richards sailor

Fuck LB is someone saying WOXI did the race in a Grand Banks 100 and the RC didn't protest? This place is a gold mine of information.

Speaking of cup cakes and snow flakes... I came across this on the book... sad but true

It snowed last night ☃️

8:00 am: I made a snowman.
8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.
8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.
8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.
8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.
8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.
8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.
8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.
8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .
8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.
8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.
8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.
8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.
9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.
9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.
9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

Moral:
There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become, all because of snowflakes.

• Like 5

The format reminds of this one:

The Perfect Day For Her

8:15 Wake up to hugs and kisses 

8:30 Weigh-in 2kgs lighter than yesterday 

8:45 Breakfast in bed – freshly squeezed orange juice and croissants; open presents – expensive jewellery chosen by thoughtful partner 

9:15 Soothing hot bath with frangipani bath oil 

10:00 Light work-out at club with sexy, amusing personal trainer 

10:30 Facial, manicure, makeup application, shampoo, condition, blow wave 

12:00 Lunch with best friend at fashionable outdoor café 

12:45 Catch sight of partner’s ex and notice that she has gained 17kgs 

1:00 Shopping with friends: unlimited credit 

3:00 Nap 

4:15 Massage from strong but gentle hunk – says he rarely gets to work on such a perfect body 

5:30 Choose outfit from expensive designer wardrobe 

7:30 Candlelit dinner for two followed by dancing, with compliments received from other diners/dancers 

10:00 Hot shower – alone 

10:50 Carried to bed. Freshly ironed, crisp white linen 

11:00 Pillow talk, light touching and cuddling 

11:15 Fall asleep in his big, strong arms

The Perfect Day For Him

6:00 Alarm 

6:15 Blow job 

6:30 Massive, satisfying shit while reading the sports section 

7:00 Breakfast – steak and eggs, coffee and toast – all cooked by naked, buxom wench who bends over a lot showing her growler 

7:30 Limo arrives 

7:45 Several beers en route to the airport

9:15 Flight in personal Lear jet 

9:30 Limo to Mirage Resort Golf Club (blow job en-route) 

9:45 Play front nine (2 under par) 

11:45 Lunch-steak and lobster, three beers and bottle of Dom Perignon 

12:15 Blow job 

12:30 Play back nine (4 under) 

2:15 Limo back to airport (several bourbons) 

2:30 Fly to Bahamas 

3:30 Late afternoon fishing expedition with all-female crew, all nude who also bend over a lot showing their growlers 

4:30 Land world record Marlin (1234lbs) – on light tackle 

5:00 Fly home, massage and hand job by naked Elle MacPherson (bending over showing her growler, naturally) 

6:45 Shit, shower and shave 

7:00 Watch news – Michael Jackson assassinated 

7:30 Dinner – lobster appetisers, Dom Perignon (1953), big juicy fillet steak followed by ice cream served on a big pair of tits 

9:00 Napoleon Brandy and Habanos cigars in front of wall-sized TV as you watch football game 

9:30 Sex with three women, all with lesbian tendencies 

11:00 Massage and Jacuzzi with tasty pizza snacks and a cleansing beer 

11:30 Night-cap blow job 

11:45 In bed alone 

11:50 A 22-second fart which changes note four times and forces the dog to leave the room 

11:51 Laugh yourself to sleep

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Ok, I post shit. Gave up on contributing or at least taking it seriously  once the IJ decision was handed down and the SA witch hunt ramped up  

Ok so seriously Hoppy, what do you reckon the RC should do for next years race? LB reckons they should drop mandatory AIS transmission and I agree.

4 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Ok so seriously Hoppy, what do you reckon the RC should do for next years race? LB reckons they should drop mandatory AIS transmission and I agree.

Can’t drop AIS -  personal beacons will be introduced hence mandatory 24/7 transmission. 

No the personal beacons will be either self activating or water activated. They won’t need to be on until you fall in. 

8 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No the personal beacons will be either self activating or water activated. They won’t need to be on until you fall in. 

Ha ha ha. I meant the vessels AIS will need to be on 24/7

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Same joke, different context.

If we removed all repetitive posts from this thread, we'd still be on page one.

Yeah Hoppy but you can't use the same joke on the same guy 2 days in a row, lift your game mate. How is LB's leg going, you get his sock wet yet?

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

He is one of the people you are accusing of cheating cup cake. Or in your fantasy was Dr evil MR the only one that new? Just sayin' you need to think about who you are calling a cheat.

Au contraire little boy. Lard didn't sign the declaration or bleat to Gladwell although as I have previously suggested he may have unplugged the AIS to microwave his pre start brunch shortly after the Ch7 chopper dropped it off. An innocent enough mistake but cheating? Non.

2 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Au contraire little boy. Lard didn't sign the declaration or bleat to Gladwell although as I have previously suggested he may have unplugged the AIS to microwave his pre start brunch shortly after the Ch7 chopper dropped it off. An innocent enough mistake but cheating? Non.

So in your facts found, MR secretly stole below when no one was watching, turned of the transmitter and slipped back on deck unnoticed. No one else knew about it but must have been amazed when, according to your associate, Clever piggy, WOXI slipped away with the winning move and no one followed. The plot thickens...

22 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

WOXI slipped away with the winning move and no one followed. The plot thickens...

Brad Butterworth said they didn't know where WOXI was in an interview.

Who would you cover in a race turning light where your other two competitors where on your line or inshore and you had the fastest light air boat?

I would cover the next fastest light air boat. but I ain't Brad Butterworth's shoelace.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

6 hours ago, paps49 said:

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

As I said unfortunately it only takes one clown, then many people think you have a circus.

It is an automatic association of this common adage; "You are the company you keep". This and similar are actually short and weakened versions of one of King Solomon of Israels' most valuable proverbs;

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed".

In long hand modern English he is saying; "Though you may be wise, foolish friends will eventually destroy you. Though you may be foolish, wise friends will show and teach you success. This is an easy way to prosper."

To the thrust of LB's post being the need to be respectful of those all in the WOXI canoe, I have to say posters to this thread have from page 1 being very mindful of that. I for one pointed that out referencing Vila (WOXI's Navigator) in the context of Richard's saying to Channel 2 on the dock Friday morning that AIS activation wasn't mandatory and someone posting here saying that must make Vila complicit in ignorance of the SI's.

I countered by saying I believed nothing of the sort and for a guy ranked arguably #1 in the world in his craft, a more self effacing person you wouldn't find. I did add that the only explanation might be that he flew in late missing the RC's briefing that highlighted this year's change to AIS and wasn't told by Richards? That said it would mean he didn't review the SI's which in my mind has a probability of zero for having occured.

This concept borrowed from King Solomon that "association" is "an easy way to prosper" is seen every day life. 

For instance on the positive side diciplined sailors use superior competition to bring out their best, even if it means frequent losses leading to success.

However an example on the lazy side is politicians who don't present the public with a substantive argument on say the merits of private enterprise investment and employment, they will instead get a quick picture arm in arm with some factory workers accompanied by a 10 second sound bite.

We have seen the lazy association occur in a published piece on this race. Richard Gladwell on WOXI/Richards damage control included Gladwell's words; " More than 24 hours after the protest was dismissed Richards is still very upset that the integrity of the Wild Oats XI crew is being questioned. They include some of the top sailors in the world from America's Cup, Volvo Ocean Race and other topline events."

Taking a leaf from the above political handbook, imagine how much more powerfull that one paragraph of Gladwell's would be if accompanying it was a photo of say Richard's, Murray and Vila arm in arm like the Three Musketeers post race. Not just Richo pulling sand and stories about death rays out of his vagina. Actually I don't even recall one pic with Murray from 2017 come to think of that?

Maybe that is a search for anyone seeking to reinforce good old King Solomon's proverb about "association".

images (20).jpeg

1 hour ago, hoppy said:

Aus special reg 4.09 mandates an AIS transponder for all cat 1 boats and is recommended for cat 2. This is sensible enough and personally I would have one for cat 3 or any coastal cruising.

This is how far the regulations should go. If you have AIS MOB for your crew, then you logically will have the AIS on for receive and I see no downside to having the AIS on, unless you are having electrical problems.

AIS transmit should solely at the discretion of the skipper. 

Ais is pointless if nobody is transmitting. ........

Though your enthusiasm for receiving in noted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

As I said unfortunately it only takes one clown, then many people think you have a circus.

It is an automatic association of this common adage; "You are the company you keep". This and similar are actually short and weakened versions of one of King Solomon of Israels' most valuable proverbs;

"He that walketh with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed".

In long hand modern English he is saying; "Though you may be wise, foolish friends will eventually destroy you. Though you may be foolish, wise friends will show and teach you success. This is an easy way to prosper."

To the thrust of LB's post being the need to be respectful of those all in the WOXI canoe, I have to say posters to this thread have from page 1 being very mindful of that. I for one pointed that out referencing Vila (WOXI's Navigator) in the context of Richard's saying to Channel 2 on the dock Friday morning that AIS activation wasn't mandatory and someone posting here saying that must make Vila complicit in ignorance of the SI's.

I countered by saying I believed nothing of the sort and for a guy ranked arguably #1 in the world in his craft, a more self effacing person you wouldn't find. I did add that the only explanation might be that he flew in late missing the RC's briefing that highlighted this year's change to AIS and wasn't told by Richards? That said it would mean he didn't review the SI's which in my mind has a probability of zero for having occured.

This concept borrowed from King Solomon that "association" is "an easy way to prosper" is seen every day life. 

For instance on the positive side diciplined sailors use superior competition to bring out their best, even if it means frequent losses leading to success.

However an example on the lazy side is politicians who don't present the public with a substantive argument on say the merits of private enterprise investment and employment, they will instead get a quick picture arm in arm with some factory workers accompanied by a 10 second sound bite.

We have seen the lazy association occur in a published piece on this race. Richard Gladwell on WOXI/Richards damage control included Gladwell's words; " More than 24 hours after the protest was dismissed Richards is still very upset that the integrity of the Wild Oats XI crew is being questioned. They include some of the top sailors in the world from America's Cup, Volvo Ocean Race and other topline events."

Taking a leaf from the above political handbook, imagine how much more powerfull that one paragraph of Gladwell's would be if accompanying it was a photo of say Richard's, Murray and Vila arm in arm like the Three Musketeers post race. Not just Richo pulling sand and stories about death rays out of his vagina. Actually I don't even recall one pic with Murray from 2017 come to think of that?

Maybe that is a search for anyone seeking to reinforce good old King Solomon's proverb about "association".

images (20).jpeg

Another nice piece.

I have reference some onboard but only in parody, guilt by association though must irk them and rightly so.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

So in your facts found, MR secretly stole below when no one was watching, turned of the transmitter and slipped back on deck unnoticed. No one else knew about it but must have been amazed when, according to your associate, Clever piggy, WOXI slipped away with the winning move and no one followed. The plot thickens...

You have got me there, I'll admit it. I have no idea how that scenario could have come to pass.