Mid

2018 Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race: The Race Committee has lodged a protest against Wild Oats XI

1 hour ago, mad said:

A fried splitter on my internet connection.........

Mad in response to that it would lazy of me to not post one of my favourite WOXI microwave memes below. Which I have.

However there is actually after doing a detailed electronic analysis using the miniscule detail in the recent Sails Magazine  article plus what I have come to find, an electronics conclusion quite unexpected but maybe worse than the "Fried SplitterGate".

I will endeavour to complete this synopsis this weekend. In the interim stick with the fried wifi SplitterGate thing in the meantime..

IMG_20190113_154242.jpg.d347e67ab47a7441cf2e70c1656dcee1.jpg

12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Hardly 'irrelevant" at all, yours is a very good thought.

I'm actually going to quote you in that section of my AIS submission to the CYCA dealing with Declarations. It will be beside Richo's quotes so you will be famous. I will reveal here it here so you are not hanging in suspense.

12 hours ago, Feilberg said:

Perfect. As a member I'll be able to access the submissions.

Can't wait to see yours.

12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Excellent. I will use a really large font to help you out.

12 hours ago, Feilberg said:

Lol use small words too please.

I'm sure the committee will have a great laugh jack...

Some more depressing news coming your way @Feilberg over and above being a declared Fuckwit.

The Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act), prohibits anyone outside the CYCA/Executive sighting any public submissions relating to the use of AIS in the S2H. The CYCA have confirmed that.

So mate you are going to see fucking zip and your direct if not implied threat on this Forum as a member of the CYCA having privileged access to anyone's public submission contry to the Privacy Act, mine in particular is noted and where you say; " Perfect. As a member I'll be able to access the submissions." A threat presumably made it would appear to stifle submissions to the CYCA.

You got any legal representation?

That aside I will post here a draft of my submission to the CYCA in relation to Declarations as promised.

FeelMyself your halyard really doesn't go full hoist does it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Mad in response to that it would lazy of me to not post one of my favourite WOXI microwave memes below. Which I have.

However there is actually after doing a detailed electronic analysis using the miniscule detail in the recent Sails Magazine  article plus what I have come to find, an electronics conclusion quite unexpected but maybe worse than the "Fried SplitterGate".

I will endeavour to complete this synopsis this weekend. In the interim stick with the fried wifi SplitterGate thing in the meantime..

IMG_20190113_154242.jpg.d347e67ab47a7441cf2e70c1656dcee1.jpg

ujdkwg9sIlgBUSVF1NoiipFdUGv.thumb.jpg.992ec75e69a3fdbe0f6d628181cd2b6a.jpg

• Like 1

Ha ha ha.

Is there anyone who was in the race who is still upset about the AIS that these guys are crapping on about?

Anyone? 

Anyone?

Jack TL;DR

• Downvote 1

This thread died a long time ago. I have no ide why Feilberg and JS keep jerking off to each other. 

Nothing personal, but you both come across as blithering idiots in this thread. I’ll just leave it at that. 

But . . . . . .  but . . . . . .  but . . . . .  blithering idiots are the backbone of SA.

• Like 2

Someone said it couldn't get to 40 pages, I'll admit was bored and these blokes are easy fishing.

Love watching valves get blown.

I better get a good lawyer lolz some wanker has fired up

Sorry was out racing today so had better things to do than wind u up.

Hope you had a great day

18 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

@FeilbergYou are a killer.

This pic says in conjunction with PM's about you is you have done maybe a few S2H, probably should have drowned on any one of them, never ever used your passport to race overseas or done one or more RRW's.

So your racing miles are two tenths of fuck all. So basically a fucking nobody on the national and world offshore racing scene propping up a bar somewhere and from what I gather not liked or respected. If that upsets you consult a professional.

Yet you use that "couch potato" attack who ever challenges you here. That's a fuckin laugh.

Fuck off you germ and for you to eat your own fuck would involve a straw and no teeth.

IMG_20190301_190416.thumb.jpg.6f61d4162a8c745d9dee6274ed22fb94.jpg

Lol

19 hours ago, TUBBY said:

There were about a thousand "competitors" in this race alone,  just being one of them doesn't give you any special rights over other interested parties.  This issue could be of sport wide importance IF the wrong thing was done & covered up.  What most of the people here seem to want is a definite outline of the facts,  which no-one has yet been able to ascertain as the original protest was badly handled & the "explanations"  from the WO camp have fallen short of full disclosure.

If we had been given the full story initially this would have been over in no time,  but it is the whiff of a cover up that is always worse than the deed.

Now if we could all play nice & stop reverting to the politicians argument of you're ugly & stupid so I must be right,  this might be a forum for exchange of considered views. (Sorry I forgot where I was!)

And yes, I'm just a fat bloke sitting at his computer,  but this was my 22nd Hobart & we won our division,  the previous 21 races also include an overall win & a line honours along with a smattering of division wins & places,  so even under your tight restrictions I get to have an opinion!

Tubby mate i get it but as you know the only way to have gotten a result was if blackjack protested and they didn't. That's the end of it.

Lots of these competitors rely heavily on the AIS and Tracker and some pretty much couldn't compete without them and just full aquire the competition by every electronic means available

If that's the only way they can win or beat other boats then i feel sorry for them. There's no skill in that.

I'd be advocating for AIS to be recommended to be on tx rx but not compulsory and for the tracker to be delayed an hour.

I have met you at the kings cup the race year we won on devitara drumstick can't remember the year i was 148kgs and 18 months after that 87kgs. Now I'm a fat cunt at 100. Losing weight changed my life.

Just sayin

19 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

@FeilbergYou are a killer.

This pic says in conjunction with PM's about you is you have done maybe a few S2H, probably should have drowned on any one of them, never ever used your passport to race overseas or done one or more RRW's.

So your racing miles are two tenths of fuck all. So basically a fucking nobody on the national and world offshore racing scene propping up a bar somewhere and from what I gather not liked or respected. If that upsets you consult a professional.

Yet you use that "couch potato" attack who ever challenges you here. That's a fuckin laugh.

Fuck off you germ and for you to eat your own fuck would involve a straw and no teeth.

IMG_20190301_190416.thumb.jpg.6f61d4162a8c745d9dee6274ed22fb94.jpg

Here's a good photo for u. Getting the medal at the Kings Cup. You seem to like my photos

FB_IMG_1551512090400.jpg

Bergy, I think you should take a break. This thread isn't worth it, seriously.

It's serious but not that serious if you know what I mean. It's not real.

16 minutes ago, paps49 said:

Ha ha ha u don't want 41.

I guess i should just let jack make endless incorrect digs at me from the privacy of his sock puppet like a big brave sailor ?

I don't mind the banter is all in good fun

21 hours ago, Feilberg said:

.... i was 148kgs and 18 months after that 87kgs. Now I'm a fat cunt at 100. Losing weight changed my life

Congrats for that FeelYouself. I have never had the tucker problem myself, only nicotine and young women which my guess has kept the weight off, though not great ingredients to long marriages or a long life. All three are harder to give up than crack cocaine so hats off to you, I'm yet to find the wagon, let alone get on it. 

On 3/1/2019 at 9:11 PM, TUBBY said:

There were about a thousand "competitors" in this race alone,  just being one of them doesn't give you any special rights over other interested parties.  This issue could be of sport wide importance IF the wrong thing was done & covered up.  What most of the people here seem to want is a definite outline of the facts,  which no-one has yet been able to ascertain as the original protest was badly handled & the "explanations"  from the WO camp have fallen short of full disclosure.

If we had been given the full story initially this would have been over in no time,  but it is the whiff of a cover up that is always worse than the deed.

Now if we could all play nice & stop reverting to the politicians argument of you're ugly & stupid so I must be right,  this might be a forum for exchange of considered views. (Sorry I forgot where I was!)

And yes, I'm just a fat bloke sitting at his computer,  but this was my 22nd Hobart & we won our division,  the previous 21 races also include an overall win & a line honours along with a smattering of division wins & places,  so even under your tight restrictions I get to have an opinion!

On 3/1/2019 at 10:11 PM, jack_sparrow said:

^^^^ This and it is not going away despite what many think starting with the CYCA review of AIS in their SI's and Sailing Australia under the spotlight. Lots of pages left on this thread.

On 3/2/2019 at 5:12 PM, Feilberg said:

Tubby mate i get it but as you know the only way to have gotten a result was if blackjack protested and they didn't. That's the end of it.

Lots of these competitors rely heavily on the AIS and Tracker and some pretty much couldn't compete without them and just full aquire the competition by every electronic means available

If that's the only way they can win or beat other boats then i feel sorry for them. There's no skill in that.

I'd be advocating for AIS to be recommended to be on tx rx but not compulsory and for the tracker to be delayed an hour.

I have met you at the kings cup the race year we won on devitara drumstick can't remember the year i was 148kgs and 18 months after that 87kgs. Now I'm a fat cunt at 100. Losing weight changed my life.

Just sayin

On 3/2/2019 at 6:43 PM, paps49 said:

On 3/2/2019 at 12:14 PM, Monkey said:

This thread died a long time ago. I have no ide why Feilberg and JS keep jerking off to each other. 

Nothing personal, but you both come across as blithering idiots in this thread. I’ll just leave it at that. 

On 3/2/2019 at 2:42 PM, savoir said:

But . . . . . .  but . . . . . .  but . . . . .  blithering idiots are the backbone of SA.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:06 PM, Feilberg said:

Mate they finished the race and made the declaration online perhaps before docking as we did then Wo were informed the ais wasn't transmitting.

I know you think you're smarter than the average bear but you're not.

Build a big bridge and get over it.

Not one thing will change no matter how many pages of drivel is on SA.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:16 PM, Feilberg said:

But you have time to re read this entire thread! 

Get your priorities right or maybe it's the old age that is stopping little jack from rising to the occasion.

On 2/28/2019 at 10:28 PM, jack_sparrow said:

FeelYourself English comprehension is not your strong point is it. I'm not interested at all about the result, in fact made money from it. The nature of WOXI's Declaration is actually irrelevant as stated.

The CYCA are currently reviewing the matter of AIS mandatory transmission courtesy of the "Microwave Fried My SplitterGate" and are seeking submissions.

Other than places like here, who then reviews the RC's role?? The pixies escaping from your head?

tenor_(3).gif

On 3/1/2019 at 8:55 AM, Feilberg said:

You have way too much time to burn old man.

Maybe take up a sport like lawn bowls where u can talk shit live with other old codgers while downing an unending supply of middies of milton mangoes cause your talents for meaningless crap spewing from that gob of yours is wasted online.

You honestly think the cyca is waiting for you to review their work?

Fuckenhell you over rate your importance.

On 3/1/2019 at 10:55 AM, Feilberg said:

Anything from you is a waste of paper.

You're not a competitor nor a member of the cyca and you are just some odd character hiding behind a sock puppet name on a sailing forum that is irrelevant to the race that has been dribbling shit for years.

Why would they want your input?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Pretty simple question. Should I use less words?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:24 AM, Feilberg said:

No

On 3/1/2019 at 11:40 AM, Feilberg said:

Nope i can laugh all day at you and not get tired of it

Ask me why i say no jack please

On 3/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Why should I ask you why?

On 3/1/2019 at 11:44 AM, Feilberg said:

Thanks.

Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns—the ones we don't know we don't know. And if one looks throughout the history of this race and other races, it is the latter category that tend to be the difficult ones.

The sport is self policing and if you make a declaration you can only declare the known knowns jack.

Have a great day!

On 3/1/2019 at 11:52 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Ohhhh dear.. your not going to like my answer when I get around to it.

On 3/1/2019 at 11:58 AM, Feilberg said:

Why would i care it's irrelevant anyway.

On 3/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Hardly 'irrelevant" at all, yours is a very good thought.

I'm actually going to quote you in that section of my AIS submission to the CYCA dealing with Declarations. It will be beside Richo's quotes so you will be famous. I will reveal here it here so you are not hanging in suspense.

Some of you need to get off your arses and be more enquiring otherwise we end up with what we deserve which is more rules shit.

Like here is just a hint to a S2H AIS burrow to go down if you are so inclined wanting to avoid that thanks to Superman fucking up. 

10671038-3x2-940x627.jpg.3e8ce017ce0a8e9721f5f5a8ec1b373b.jpg

Mt Raoul VHF Repeater Ch 81.jpg

On 3/2/2019 at 6:12 PM, Feilberg said:

Jack I'm going to be nice here.

What's your point? Do u want everyone to be able to just base their tactics on the "bradbury" and watch and wait then buffalo the boats ahead?

There's not 1 reason why AIS should be mandatory in the race. Not 1.

There's way to many red buttons to press and an overload of safety equipment already. 

AIS class B is a recreational unreliable bit of kit and unsuitable for anything apart from spying on the immediate competition who is probably in line of sight anyway.

I'd go futher and say in the 98 race if the amount of safety gear was as it is today and the boats in trouble had activated every means available to them the search and rescue would have been inundated with SAR requests and it would have hampered not helped the efforts.

Why do we need it?

26 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

Jack I'm going to be nice here.

What's your point? Do u want everyone to be able to just base their tactics on the "bradbury" and watch and wait then buffalo the boats ahead?

There's not 1 reason why AIS should be mandatory in the race. Not 1.

There's way to many red buttons to press and an overload of safety equipment already. 

AIS class B is a recreational unreliable bit of kit and unsuitable for anything apart from spying on the immediate competition who is probably in line of sight anyway.

I'd go futher and say in the 98 race if the amount of safety gear was as it is today and the boats in trouble had activated every means available to them the search and rescue would have been inundated with SAR requests and it would have hampered not helped the efforts.

Why do we need it?

I am going with the most stupid post of the thread here.

I now that is a big call.

But only a boy racer could write that.

So get out of your bubble and try to understand that a few rich white guys racing sailboats exists in a larger maritime landscape that some of us here exist in.

Grow up.

And by the way, you only get to have opinions when you spend your after tax dollars on Hobart.

Let me know when you do!

4 minutes ago, lydia said:

I am going with the most stupid post of the thread here.

I now that is a big call.

But only a boy racer could write that.

So get out of your bubble and try to understand that a few rich white guys racing sailboats exists in a larger maritime landscape that some of us here exist in.

Grow up.

And by the way, you only get to have opinions when you spend your after tax dollars on Hobart.

Let me know when you do!

Must be early in the day. Go have a coffee and wake up to yourself

1 hour ago, Sidecar said:

https://www.mast.tas.gov.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/AIS-Marine-Traffic-Receiving-Stations.pdf

Mt Raoul is a VHF receiving station. It isn’t AIS as well according to MAST?

A9C4434E-052E-420D-86DD-A3B50F706E68.jpeg

Sidecar,  Tas Maritime repeaters at Mt Mangana and Maria do receive AIS.

Presently a few boats off Tasman are showing as received by Tas Maritime

Thanks Lydia........

Point being I think Jack was assuming there was an AIS receiver/repeater at Mt Raoul, which is very close to where the critical tactical race advantage happened?

.... And around Tasman Island is one of the few places on the course where you can get a lot of active non race vessels in an area with significant potential for bad weather and fog and tired racers thinking they are “home” but they are not.....

There are only racing sailboats on the ocean don’ t you know

Maybe all maritime agencies and emergency services should require all non S2H vessels to carry the race tracker on board.... It is so superior why bother with AIS at all?

With both receive and transmit “on” at all times?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lydia said:

There are only racing sailboats on the ocean don’ t you know

If you have to rely on AIS to avoid a collision you are breaking the colregs and incompetent.

Do me a favour and show me where the COLREGS mention AIS or VHF.

This thread is about one boat calling out another for an SI breach, no protest being made it's all a waste of time.

AIS is a complete wank in this race. It enables poor sailors to copy a competitors moves and potentially do a bradbury on them.

Anyone who "needs AIS" to compete probably shouldn't be out there.

AIS on a cruising boat is great

AIS is compulsory on commercial vessels over 200t and that's also great.

AIS in the Sydney Hobart is a wank.

Of anyone can give me a good reason why AIS has to be compulsory in the hobart race please go right ahead.

1 hour ago, Feilberg said:

If you have to rely on AIS to avoid a collision you are breaking the colregs and incompetent.

This thread is about one boat calling out another for an SI breach, no protest being made it's all a waste of time.

AIS is a complete wank in this race. It enables poor sailors to copy a competitors moves and potentially do a bradbury on them.

Of anyone can give me a good reason why AIS has to be compulsory in the hobart race please go right ahead.

None of that explains a breach of the SI , MR may feel the same, but he doesn't get to decide the rules, or maybe he does?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

This thread is about YOUR club deciding that AIS was a good safety idea and making it compulsory. It then wrote totally inadequate SI’s and failed to police them. RC has many powers under the SI’s and failed to use them, apart from deliberately sabotaging their own protest..

if you think AIS is only about knowing where you are, then you shouldn’t be cruising either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

None of that explains a breach of the SI , MR may feel the same, but he doesn't get to decide the rules, or maybe he does?

Tell me how you ascertain if your AIS is working correctly?

17 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

This thread is about YOUR club deciding that AIS was a good safety idea and making it compulsory. It then wrote totally inadequate SI’s and failed to police them. RC has many powers under the SI’s and failed to use them, apart from deliberately sabotaging their own protest..

if you think AIS is only about knowing where you are, then you shouldn’t be cruising either.

Correct. They made it compulsory but it's not able to be policed.

Therefore it should revert to be recommended only.

I'm pretty aware of how AIS works after all i make a living in the maritime industry. AIS is a nice gadget if its class A. The class B is a joke

Btw if you think AIS is about knowing where u are you should reconsider going to sea.

I believe I'll take that challenge.

Annex IV (distress signals) refer both to the spoken word 'Mayday' by radiotelephony, as well as DSC on VHF Ch 70.

As for AIS, that would be covered by 'all available means' in Rule 5.

2 minutes ago, DFL1010 said:

I believe I'll take that challenge.

Annex IV (distress signals) refer both to the spoken word 'Mayday' by radiotelephony, as well as DSC on VHF Ch 70.

As for AIS, that would be covered by 'all available means' in Rule 5.

Correct well done you win something off teakys desk

Kinda invalidates this 'argument' (I use the term in the loosest possible sense of the word).

1 minute ago, DFL1010 said:

Kinda invalidates this 'argument' (I use the term in the loosest possible sense of the word).

Yep u got me there. 

I guess we should just rely on AIS now and not keep a proper look out cause we are all a bit tired at tasman light.

Got any reason why ais should be compulsory?

You seem smart so if anyone's got a reasonable explanation it'd be you

2 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

Yep u got me there. 

I guess we should just rely on AIS now and not keep a proper look out cause we are all a bit tired at tasman light.

No, because that would not meet 'by all available means'. Relying on sight alone would not either, nor radar alone, nor AIS alone, nor bloody dowsing rods alone.

Correct.

I can't imagine how we lived without ais in this race. It was horrific not knowing if anyone else was out there 

40 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

Got any reason why ais should be compulsory?

You seem smart so if anyone's got a reasonable explanation it'd be you

Because the SIs say so?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SPORTSCAR said:

Because the SIs say so?

And that's the best the combined knowledge of SA has.

It's such a sham being able to track your competitors in real time taking away and need for sailing your own race. Just copy the boats who are going well and wait till you get the chance to buffalo them.

Must make winning as rewarding as winning in the protest room.

6 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Mt Raoul is a VHF receiving station. It isn’t AIS as well according to MAST?

3 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Point being I think Jack was assuming there was an AIS receiver/repeater at Mt Raoul, which is very close to where the critical tactical race advantage happened?

No I'm not... this is a puzzle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

It's such a sham being able to track your competitors in real time taking away and need for sailing your own race. Just copy the boats who are going well and wait till you get the chance to buffalo them.

You have now identified exactly what WOXI did ! Took you long enough.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigrpowr said:

You have now identified exactly what WOXI did ! Took you long enough.

Lol this year or 2 years ago?

I'm don't care who does it. It's wrong

The ability to do it should be taken away. It's not racing, there's no skill in it and these days there's to many people relying on AIS to cheat out a result.

Delay the tracker for an hour and don't make ais compulsory and we'll have a race on our hands again and not this stupidity of being able to see your competitors every move, sog and cog in virtually real time.

I'm pretty aware of how AIS works after all i make a living in the maritime industry.

You must be a marine trimmer then.

So Jack, with regard to your Mt Raoul VHF station diagram, assuming WOXI complied with:

43.2 When Tasman Island bears 000° True each boat shall call "HOBART RACE CONTROL" on VHF 81 and advise its rounding time and ETA at the finish (40.3 nautical miles).

Are you hinting that if the VHF signal was strong enough to transmit and be received despite a fried splitter, so should the AIS signal?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

You must be a marine trimmer then.

No jack i must be a sailing instructor right. Cause we all know they know everything :-).

6 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

So Jack, with regard to your Mt Raoul VHF station diagram, assuming that WOXI complied with:

43.2 When Tasman Island bears 000° True each boat shall call "HOBART RACE CONTROL" on VHF 81 and advise its rounding time and ETA at the finish (40.3 nautical miles).

Are you hinting that if the VHF signal was strong enough to transmit and be received despite a fried splitter, so should the AIS signal?

Now THAT'S an interesting proposition.

Just got the latest offshore mag from the cyca.

Great article on wild oats win. 10th time fastest boat to hobart.

Does mention the protest and how it was dismissed by the international jury.

I guess the IJ's decision isn't good enough for this place.

8 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

I guess the IJ's decision isn't good enough for this place.

Same article said the cloud of controversy disappeared with that IJ decision. Someone isn't too good at predicting the weather at HQ.

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Same article said the cloud of controversy disappeared with that IJ decision. Someone isn't too good at predicting the weather at HQ.

What controversy coach?

40 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

So Jack, with regard to your Mt Raoul VHF station diagram, assuming WOXI complied with:

34 minutes ago, savoir said:

Now THAT'S an interesting proposition.

Now the pennys are starting to drop. Now some maths.

H= 150

d = 1.2246 ∗ √hf

d X 0.050 = corrected d.

32 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Given that I use these repeaters regularly (as a member of Tas Maritime) this is what was puzzling me.

Given its height Mt Mangana and Maria cover much of the relevant area so no shortage of repeaters to receive both VHF and AIS.

So what, only the AIS side of the splitter got fried?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Maybe reread the experts comments who by the way is arguably the best marine electronics guy in the country.

Sails Mag FebMarch 2019_WOXI AIS.pdf

SO the expert info in the box says that the AIS transponder broadcasts through VHF. So if WOXI radio’d Mt Raoul in accordance with SI 43.2, then an AIS signal should also have been received...... and we know that it wasn’t.

Or WOXI’s VHF wasn’t working either? For which there are automatic penalties......

If AIS depends on VHF for transmit, it should have the same rules, checks, declarations and penalties as VHF?

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Maybe reread the experts comments who by the way is arguably the best marine electronics guy in the country.

Sails Mag FebMarch 2019_WOXI AIS.pdf

That article does not answer the question that I raised a while back. How did MR manage to arrange permanent repairs to be commenced, carried out and completed all in less than one hour bearing in mind that at the start of the hour

( a )  he knew nothing of the problem

( b )  there was mayhem on the dock

( c )  he spent a lot of that hour giving interviews and slurping beer ?

I get it that Richo can chew gum and comb his hair at the same time but is he really that good ?

Unless of course there was no VHF transmission at Tasman Island either.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lydia said:

1ef8678061225f3dfb3bd8380f5b1086.jpg.4fae8c87b96d4f907ed2ca2b4c75d4ba.jpg

34 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

SO the expert info in the box says that the AIS transponder broadcasts through VHF. So if WOXI radio’d Mt Raoul in accordance with SI 43.2, then an AIS signal should also have been received...... and we know that it wasn’t.

Or WOXI’s VHF wasn’t working either? For which there are automatic penalties......

If AIS depends on VHF for transmit, it should have the same rules, checks, declarations and penalties as VHF?

15 minutes ago, savoir said:

That article does not answer the question that I raised a while back. How did MR manage to arrange permanent repairs to be commenced, carried out and completed all in less than one hour bearing in mind that at the start of the hour

( a )  he knew nothing of the problem

( b )  there was mayhem on the dock

( c )  he spent a lot of that hour giving interviews and slurping beer ?

As a tag team you are both edging closer to one of two answers to one of two questions. The information is in front of you, you just need to look more closely. 

A closer look at the article says that AIS only works for 10-12 miles but if I put a 35m antenna height by 2 into a VHF line of sight calculator I get 31 nautical miles.

Mt Raoul (462 m)to the top of a 35 m antenna height gives a line of sight VHF range of 71 miles btw.

25 minutes ago, lydia said:

They do have a 5W handheld and at deck level and Mt Raoul at 461m there would have been a VHF transmission in accordance with  SI 43.2. 

851140097_MtRaoulVHFRepeaterCh81.jpg.d9abe5af06e357323ad79235d070c72d.jpg

You people are bloody hilarious.

Can't you get it through your thick heads it's over.

The results are untouchable and no matter how much you kick and scream it's not going to change anything

11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

They do have a 5W handheld and at deck level and Mt Raoul at 461m there would have been a VHF transmission in accordance with  SI 43.2. 

Assuming the 5w handheld had enough punch.

15 minutes ago, lydia said:

A closer look at the article says that AIS only works for 10-12 miles but if I put a 35m antenna height by 2 into a VHF line of sight calculator I get 31 nautical miles.

Mt Raoul (462 m)to the top of a 35 m antenna height gives a line of sight VHF range of 71 miles btw.

Remember more than just line of sight issues with AIS. Masthead antenna not vertical, 2W low TX power compared to voice offset by data goes further than voice and a VSWR Ratio as high as 3:1 or 25% power reduction not uncommon in race boats where high loss/ low weight aloft coax is used.

26 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

The results are untouchable and no matter how much you kick and scream it's not going to change anything

27.7 There is no time limit for protests by the Race Committee or the International Jury.....

32 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

Actually if stop asking dumb questions you can't answer maybe people will stop?

4 hours ago, Feilberg said:

Lydia looks as though I will have to tag with you as I think we might be waiting all day for @Sidecar and @savoir to provide one of two answers to @Feilberg one question..

58 minutes ago, lydia said:

33 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

22 minutes ago, lydia said:

Assuming the 5w handheld had enough punch.

So if they had to pull the handheld out, what would that have told them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Actually if stop asking dumb questions you can't answer maybe people will stop?

Lydia looks as though I will have to tag with you as I think we might be waiting all day for @Sidecar and @savoir to provide one of two answers to @Feilberg question..

So if they had to pull the handheld out, what would that have told them?

No AIS transmit.......

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

No AIS transmit.......

Bingo we have a winner to a question with two answers and never answered in 41 pages. If AIS signal was degraded by a 95% power loss / VSWR loss factor by TX distance lost and sharing the same VHF/AIS antenna, guess what happens to VHF voice and visa versa.

Answer number 2 I might have to do as waiting another 41 pages would be excruciating.

PS. I did leave a hint upthread but no one took the bait.

24 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

27.7 There is no time limit for protests by the Race Committee or the International Jury.....

It was dismissed by the international jury already

You can have more than one protest...... And it was CYCA’s protest, not an International Jury protest....

Jack you can stop anytime u like as nothing u do or say will make any difference.

You're just stirring shit.

If you had any balls you'd outright call them cheats but you don't you just hide in your sailing office behind your sock puppet.

No balls.

Just now, Sidecar said:

You can have more than one protest...... And it was CYCA’s protest, not an International Jury protest....

Race committies protest was dismissed by the international jury.

How many times do u need to hear it.

If blackjack had protested you'd have a hearing with facts found. They didn't nor did any other 100.

Wonder why? It's not worth it.

34 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

If you had any balls you'd outright call them cheats but you don't you just hide in your sailing office behind your sock puppet.

No balls.

Actually fuck off you useless germ.

I have never said or inferred anywhere upthread WOXI cheated (which involves a conscious  decision to turn AIS TX off) and I never will as I don't believe they did, but more to the point there was no hearing hence no evidence. More to the point I have given anyone a virtual slap who has. Inconsistencies in WOXI's story is of their own making, no-one elses.

As for the RC a whole different box of monkeys.

35 minutes ago, Feilberg said:

If blackjack had protested you'd have a hearing with facts found. They didn't nor did any other 100.

Wonder why? It's not worth it.

And also in two months not one 100' has come out corroborated the WOXI story. Wonder why?