Sign in to follow this  
Mid

Why dogs are banned from national parks

9 hours ago, bmiller said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Funny story. I had a live trap out baited with fat drippings from a smoker. My wife called me in a panic, I caught a puppy. Her concern was the puppy eating all the fat, it kills dogs. So over the phone I gave directions to get the pup out. Earlier that day we saw a paper on a power pole, "Lost puppy, call...." She called and a little girl came and got her puppy.

Wow, so given that we're in the same state, why don't you visit Golden with your dog, let it run into my yard, and maybe you can see if I can find some psychopath worthy of the Aussies in this thread to shoot the poor thing.

11 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Cripes ... cats usually don't leash, and they need sunlight to be happy. It's one thing to keep your housecat outdoors and let it feed on wild birds, and it's an entirely different thing to let your housecat outside for an hour now and then. Do you keep your dogs locked in the house?

Shooting your neighbor's cat is emotional illness personified, there is no way around it. If you do in fact kill your neighbor's pets, then I've little doubt that you will also be the kind of person who dies alone and afraid.

Cats need sunlight?

Houses have windows.

Every one dies. And some get eaten by their cats.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/reclusive-woman-eaten-by-pet-cats-as-body-lay-undiscovered-in-home-8759326.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwil0vuioN_fAhVD7mEKHfcHDv8QFjABegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw19N5G4YjlLujWkTGm6qXHR

4 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Wow, so given that we're in the same state, why don't you visit Golden with your dog, let it run into my yard, and maybe you can see if I can find some psychopath worthy of the Aussies in this thread to shoot the poor thing.

Haven't you taken enough of a beating on this thread already?

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

A mate of mine got sick of the family of feral cats living in an abandoned house a few door up from him. He got a possum trap and caught one. He took it up the vet and they told him they will be able to domesticate it. She put her hand in the cage and the thing turned into the Tasmanian devil from the cartoon show and ripped her forearm to shreds. They had to pin it against the side of the cage to give it the green needle. Next day he shows up with another one and they told him they can’t just keep executing them. He solved the problem with a old generator, a length of pipe and a thick blanket. A week later they were all in his wheely bin. 

Hope it wasn’t a hot week, the wheelie bin would have stunk.  

Best use Randoms bin instead, they’re used to find things festering in there. 

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

It's actually quite hard to find kittens in melbourne..or puppies. sales are now banned from pet shops, micro chipping and desexing and licencing compulsory. You have to go out to the Cat protection society or the RSPCA if you want a moggie or a bitza.

Good thing, wish it was the same here for the dogs homes, get one from there, not the puppy breeders. 

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Well, you *do* have all those escaped/released feral pythons in Florida, so maybe the 'bigger' part isn't correct. Glad you have them and not us, that's for sure....

FKT

Fortunately we have none of those here in Cali.....4-5 species of rattlers is all. They’re no fun to step on.....never mind how I know. :o

We do have the misfortune to have the Africanized “Killer” Bee has finally found its way here and caused a few deaths. So much so that most wild land firefighters now carry bee veils in their gear. We had a rescue a while back where a guy jumped into a pond to escape them and stayed in the area for an hour while he bobbed as low in the water as he could and still breath, continuing to get stung. Our help finally located him and the rotor wash dispersed most of the bees as they landed. 

Put it in the book PB.  Chapter 14 !!

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's actually quite hard to find kittens in melbourne..or puppies. 

Back in my single days I never had trouble finding pussy in Melbourne. And they were always happy to get their puppies out.

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

When I worked for an unnamed Govt department we sometimes used to give dubious equipment the float test. If it failed that, we had to buy a new piece of kit.

Sounds like your mate applied the same logic to a cat's ability to breathe exhaust. Or other people seeing how well they breathed underwater. Which incidentally is something I will not do and have never done. I'm quite prepared to cull them out of the environment but not to have them gratuitously suffer in the process. Drowning isn't a pleasant way to go.

FKT

Feral cats are very popular as crab bait down Russel island way. But then again so is sleeping with ones sister.

3 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Odd because I'm not really a cat person.

And there is a slow one over the plate right there...

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Feral cats are very popular as crab bait down Russel island way. But then again so is sleeping with ones sister.

I bow to your local knowledge there. Not a question I'd ever want to ask on the NW corner of Tasmania either.

FKT

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

It's amusing that you think that a bunch of socially maladjusted psychopaths can "beat" me in a thread where they gleefully brag about killing little animals.

No Meli, I have not taken a "beating" in this thread, because I know that any fighter who brags about killing animals (including pets) is in fact such a fundamentally weak example of a human being that they wouldn't last thirty seconds in any ring with any ham and egg fighter at any jackshit broken boxing gym in any town northwest of any palookaville on the map.

No, Meli, I have not had any kind of "beating" here because I'm 100% confident that the pathetic excuses of humans who gleefully kill and torture animals are incapable of beating me in any genuine sense, be it a battle of wits or fists.

The second any fucknut identifies himself (or rarely herself, in your pathetic case) as someone who condones or practices animal abuse, they then essentially erect a tiny sign above their head that spells out "loser" in iridescent red light.

Such a person is incapable of "beating" any emotionally healthy person, let alone even a fallen and failed boxer like me.

So yeah, fuck off, sympathizer of animal abusers. Maybe you can hook up with Michael Vick and FKT/Grumpy/Gissie and satisfy your innate desires.

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Point Break said:

We do have the misfortune to have the Africanized “Killer” Bee has finally found its way here and caused a few deaths. So much so that most wild land firefighters now carry bee veils in their gear. We had a rescue a while back where a guy jumped into a pond to escape them and stayed in the area for an hour while he bobbed as low in the water as he could and still breath, continuing to get stung. Our help finally located him and the rotor wash dispersed most of the bees as they landed. 

None less than A.J. Foyt, was attacked by Africanized Bees, twice. Tough old fella.

I would still rather take my chances with killer bees than bedbugs though. The latter kill you by slowly driving you to madness.

11 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Back in my single days I never had trouble finding pussy in Melbourne. And they were always happy to get their puppies out.

Yes, you've told me about your adventures out the back of the Espy before. :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, LB 15 said:

And there is a slow one over the plate right there...

I once thought I was a hedgehog ...but only until I decided it would be safer to be a tea tray :)

47 minutes ago, VOA said:

The bed bugs got you. You’ve lost that battle. You’re nuts. Loopy. 

I don't have bed bugs. I live in a clean home, largely devoid of misery and regret, where alcohol isn't solely used as a coping mechanism.

Jealous?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikewof said:

It's amusing that you think that a bunch of socially maladjusted psychopaths can "beat" me in a thread where they gleefully brag about killing little animals.

No Meli, I have not taken a "beating" in this thread, because I know that any fighter who brags about killing animals (including pets) is in fact such a fundamentally weak example of a human being that they wouldn't last thirty seconds in any ring with any ham and egg fighter at any jackshit broken boxing gym in any town northwest of any palookaville on the map.

No, Meli, I have not had any kind of "beating" here because I'm 100% confident that the pathetic excuses of humans who gleefully kill and torture animals are incapable of beating me in any genuine sense, be it a battle of wits or fists.

The second any fucknut identifies himself (or rarely herself, in your pathetic case) as someone who condones or practices animal abuse, they then essentially erect a tiny sign above their head that spells out "loser" in iridescent red light.

Such a person is incapable of "beating" any emotionally healthy person, let alone even a fallen and failed boxer like me.

So yeah, fuck off, sympathizer of animal abusers. Maybe you can hook up with Michael Vick and FKT/Grumpy/Gissie and satisfy your innate desires.

Glee, we show glee in killing little animals? Where have I shown glee. But then can’t even get what country we live in right. Even when we tell you. So why would anyone think your thought processes are worth considering. 

Glee, what a fucking failed moran you are. 

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

Glee, we show glee in killing little animals? Where have I shown glee. But then can’t even get what country we live in right. Even when we tell you. So why would anyone think your thought processes are worth considering. 

This. I've said many times that I regard culling cats & dogs as pest control and a PITA, nothing more.

It's antisocial people like Mikey that make it necessary be REFUSING TO KEEP THEIR KILLER PETS HOME!

A point I've also made many times and one that he *still* completely ignores while he clings to his fantasies.

I'd say Mikey was in a minority of 1 on this thread but I suppose that in his mind, he's 'winning'. I just feel a bit sorry for him, that he's revealed just how shallow his ability to reason actually is, and how dominated by emotion he is. He reminds me of the snowflake cohort back at university - they went into community ecology where all they had to do was make lists of stuff they saw. The practical 'killer' types went into population ecology, where you needed facts, statistical skills and the ability to reason logically. Not to mention run trap lines and kill the odd animal.....

FKT

20 hours ago, LB 15 said:

It was all smooth sailing once you told her she had a nice tooth... huh???  Oh!... sorry my bad, I was thinking of Melbourne, Florida  carry on..

4 hours ago, Gissie said:

So, you're no longer eager to kill your neighbor's pets when they make the unfortunate mistake of wandering over your fenceline?

Why the change of heart? Want to distance yourself from your fellow psychopaths?

Also, did you mean Alex Moran?

2 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

This. I've said many times that I regard culling cats & dogs as pest control and a PITA, nothing more.

It's antisocial people like Mikey that make it necessary be REFUSING TO KEEP THEIR KILLER PETS HOME!

A point I've also made many times and one that he *still* completely ignores while he clings to his fantasies.

I'd say Mikey was in a minority of 1 on this thread but I suppose that in his mind, he's 'winning'. I just feel a bit sorry for him, that he's revealed just how shallow his ability to reason actually is, and how dominated by emotion he is. He reminds me of the snowflake cohort back at university - they went into community ecology where all they had to do was make lists of stuff they saw. The practical 'killer' types went into population ecology, where you needed facts, statistical skills and the ability to reason logically. Not to mention run trap lines and kill the odd animal.....

FKT

Your snowflake cohort?

I have a semiautomatic carbine and a big-ass hunting rifle, and yet I don't feel the need to brag about killing animals the way you have done in this thread.

It's a miserable, regrettable thing when an emotionally healthy adult has to kill an animal, regardless the good intent. It's definitely not anything to brag about on the internet.

And it's genuinely distributing that you have convinced yourself that killing your neighbor's pets will do much of anything to protect your local wildlife. I am quite sure that the impact you have and your family has on wild birds will outpace any of your neighbor's pets .. your pantry is undoubtedly full of food that requires mass application of field and airborne chemicals, requires fields of beef and sheep and foul that displace wildlife en masse, and produces clouds of volatile organic compounds.

And yet, for some reason, your polluted logic stream falls apart there, and you presumably don't shoot all the humans in your life who cause more ecological mess than your neighbor's pet. Why? Because you're full of shit, and the real reason you kill animals is because your own life lacks the self control and power that you get from killing animals.

You are weak. You brag about killing animals because it makes you feel less weak.

Mike, take some time off and spend it with your dad. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mikewof said:

So, you're no longer eager to kill your neighbor's pets when they make the unfortunate mistake of wandering over your fenceline?

Why the change of heart? Want to distance yourself from your fellow psychopaths?

Also, did you mean Alex Moran?

Never been eager, but will do it. The neighbors are always warned that fluffy may not come back if it isn’t controlled. 

Still when has that stopped you just making shit up that suits your narrative. You then feel it justifies the venomous bile you then through at those with different cultural mores than you. The good old asshole seppos raises his head. You are making Randumb appear to be a genius with an amazing level of wit and repartee. Still, whatever floats your boat you moran. Can’t be bothered with you any more. 

4 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

That was LB?

What is Espy? We don't all get your 'in' jokes.

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Never been eager, but will do it. The neighbors are always warned that fluffy may not come back if it isn’t controlled.

Still when has that stopped you just making shit up that suits your narrative. You then feel it justifies the venomous bile you then through at those with different cultural mores than you. The good old asshole seppos raises his head. You are making Randumb appear to be a genius with an amazing level of wit and repartee. Still, whatever floats your boat you moran. Can’t be bothered with you any more. 

You wrote what you wrote. The "narrative" is what you made.

"Controlled" in this case means -- according to you -- a pet that doesn't cross your fenceline. If your neighbor's pet does cross your fenceline, then you don't consider it "controlled" and you have killed and will kill such an animal.

Do I have that right? Do you mean something else?

44 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Seriously you haven’t heard of the Espy? Think Melbourne’s Caxton, Pineapple or Breakfast Creek hotel. Just with a better band room. 

4 hours ago, bmiller said:

Mike, take some time off and spend it with your dad. 

I spend lots of time with my dad, thank you, he's in home hospice, I can't leave the house too well, I can't go into work, and I have all kinds of time to discuss the will and desires of the pet-killing psychopaths in this thread.

And I noted that these are pet-killing psychopaths that you seem to wholeheartedly support. Unless you meant something else. Please feel free to correct me if you meant something else.

But it seems clear ... neighbor's pets are open game when they disregard property rights, under the idea that they are killing off native species. It doesn't seem to matter that your friends behind the gun are undoubtedly way more damaging to native species, the animals still must die.

That you think this is normal and even admirable, is really odd to me. Yeah, I may not get the inner workings of the minds of some Aussies or Kiwiis or Tasies, or wherever they live down there, but I know a whole lot of Coloradoans. I think I don't know even one that would kill their neighbor's pet. Except you.

Unless, y'know, you don't actually support that.

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

I spend lots of time with my dad, thank you, he's in home hospice, I can't leave the house too well, and I have all kinds of time to discuss the will and desires of the pet-killing psychopaths in this thread.

And I noted that these are pet-killing psychopaths that you seem to wholeheartedly support ... unless you meant something else. Please feel free to correct me if you meant something else.

Fuck Mickey, do you have any insight or understanding of  when you are being baited?

9 minutes ago, mikewof said:

You wrote what you wrote. The "narrative" is what you made.

"Controlled" in this case means -- according to you -- a pet that doesn't cross your fenceline. If your neighbor's pet does cross your fenceline, then you don't consider it "controlled" and you have killed and will kill such an animal.

Do I have that right? Do you mean something else?

Whatever Mikey, can’t be bothered with you. You are like my FIL. Unable to listen but always needs the last snipe. So go ahead, finish this one. Please make it a good one. 

Cheers. 

9 minutes ago, dreadom said:

Fuck Mickey, do you have any insight or understanding of  when you are being baited?

Maybe ... do you think that they aren't actually serious? They seemed pretty clear in what they wrote.

Killing and abusing family pets seems serious enough that they should be confronted on it.

Did Michael Vick "bait" the public too?

59 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Danica Patrick hosted them this year. :rolleyes:

55 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Whatever Mikey, can’t be bothered with you. You are like my FIL. Unable to listen but always needs the last snipe. So go ahead, finish this one. Please make it a good one. 

Cheers. 

I apologize if I've mischaracterized what you meant. I was going on what you wrote here ...

On 1/4/2019 at 2:14 AM, Gissie said:

Cats on my property get to go meet their maker, just like they have done to countless birds here.

If you meant something else, then I've no issue. Sympathies on your FIL, but at least you two speak, that's something of a blessing, I think.

1 hour ago, dreadom said:

Seriously you haven’t heard of the Espy? Think Melbourne’s Caxton, Pineapple or Breakfast Creek hotel. Just with a better band room. 

He had an experience at the espy, returning from hobart and before geelong.

He even took a photo. Some santa looking dude. Love in the espy toilets is a wonderful thing.

31 minutes ago, Ease the sheet. said:

He had an experience at the espy, returning from hobart and before geelong.

He even took a photo. Some santa looking dude. Love in the espy toilets is a wonderful thing.

LB is the Santa looking dude. Not sure who took the photo, I'm hoping its his wife and she just needs a wax.

• Like 1

It's been poshed..still 3 bandrooms ..

no more sticky carpet...is nothing sacred? 

The-Espy.jpg

They've left The Gershwin room alone though. its been closed about three years, time will tell if it dies or that certain famous St Kilda gentrification immunity kicks in. 

It's war out there ATM..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dreadom said:

LB is the Santa looking dude. Not sure who took the photo, I'm hoping its his wife and she just needs a wax.

You got that arse about.  Santa's words, not mine.

I apologize if I've mischaracterized what you meant. I was going on what you wrote here ...

If you meant something else, then I've no issue. Sympathies on your FIL, but at least you two speak, that's something of a blessing, I think.

I don’t speak to my FIL any more. Sort of pointless. A bit like you on this subject. Hopefully we can find a different one at some point without the agro, but this one is past its use by date. 

8 minutes ago, VOA said:

Vick ran ILLEGAL dog fights. Nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

Unless someone walked in and shot them all for being aggressive. Would never happen if Mikey was on the door of course. 

27 minutes ago, Gissie said:

I don’t speak to my FIL any more. Sort of pointless. A bit like you on this subject. Hopefully we can find a different one at some point without the agro, but this one is past its use by date. 

Do you realise Tasmania has just exterminated fruit fly from the State? Perhaps Mikey can get all emotional about how those poor fruit flies have been callously murdered by people who simply *must* be sexual psychopaths (because why else would you kill poor harmless flies)....... or is he just a speciesist type who only cares about fluffy little cats?

This thread has a hell of a lot of legs but frankly I'm bored with it. My Aboriginal neighbours are about to have a big party and I'll canvass their opinion on killing cats in 2019 - bet it hasn't changed. Difference is, Mikey isn't game to call *them* nasty names.....

FKT

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Do you realise Tasmania has just exterminated fruit fly from the State? Perhaps Mikey can get all emotional about how those poor fruit flies have been callously murdered by people who simply *must* be sexual psychopaths (because why else would you kill poor harmless flies)....... or is he just a speciesist type who only cares about fluffy little cats?

This thread has a hell of a lot of legs but frankly I'm bored with it. My Aboriginal neighbours are about to have a big party and I'll canvass their opinion on killing cats in 2019 - bet it hasn't changed. Difference is, Mikey isn't game to call *them* nasty names.....

FKT

Well done on the fruit fly success. For many people they don’t see or really care about this stuff and the effect it can have long term. It being a small insect certainly doesn’t help. 

Enjoy the party, this will be here next week. 

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Maybe each of us hasn't been heard, or understood?

I do get your underlying point, you value your natural environment. If I lived in New Zealand I would undoubtedly feel the same way, likely to your extreme. The dodo was hunted to extinction in the S.P., the Kiwi shouldn't be next.

And my point was that some of us find ourselves with a tenuous grip on health, and it's often that little mutt cat or dog who keeps us hanging on.

But doubtless, we both can agree, can we not, that Team NZ rightfully ripped the tar out of that boat full of Aussies in the A.C.? And can we also give deep thanks that NZ is not a single centimeter closer to that land of torment, Tooheys and drop bears?

As an apology for briefly confusing you with an Australian ...

2 hours ago, VOA said:

He’s an inter web hero. The white knight of nothing banging his chest to distract from his balding pate while looking down his nose from his height of 5’6”

Hey, I'm 5'9", the average height!

Y'see, I got that way because as a child, I was encouraged to eat my dinner, lest I grow into a gnarled and intellectually stunted alcoholic expatriate who lives in Indonesia.

3 hours ago, VOA said:

Vick ran ILLEGAL dog fights. Nothing to do with the topic at hand. 

It was illegal because he was torturing animals, you drunken fool.

51 minutes ago, VOA said:

So you’re bald & a short arse. I bet you’re a mile over weight as well.  Short, bald & fat, no wonder your wife hates you. 

Aaaah! Fuck me Grumps!...there goes any vestige of 5'-7" self respect I had...at least I'm not overweight...but thanks for explaining the Cheese And's attitude...:lol:

5 hours ago, VOA said:

So you’re bald & a short arse. I bet you’re a mile over weight as well.  Short, bald & fat, no wonder your wife hates you. 

I'm an overweight super weakling, you know it Grumps! You know what you should do? You should visit me in Colorado and go a few rounds with me in the boxing gym!

A strong, agile guy like you, you'll easily punch the shit out of such a weakling as myself, and then you can brag all about it here, and then everyone will change their opinion of you to the sterling superhero that you truly are!

Just think how great you'll feel when you show me who's boss in the boxing ring. Seriously Grumpy, there is no way that an overweight weakling such as myself can present any competition to a pro footballer like you, right? A wealthy industrialist such as yourself, you can fly out here as easily as nipping down to the corner shop.

I'm an overweight super weakling, you know it Grumps! You know what you should do? You should visit me in Colorado and go a few rounds with me in the boxing gym!

A strong, agile guy like you, you'll easily punch the shit out of such a weakling as myself, and then you can brag all about it here, and then everyone will change their opinion of you to the sterling superhero that you truly are!

Just think how great you'll feel when you show me who's boss in the boxing ring. Seriously Grumpy, there is no way that an overweight weakling such as myself can present any competition to a pro footballer like you, right? A wealthy industrialist such as yourself, you can fly out here as easily as nipping down to the corner shop.

Boxing? Ah come on.............put a little macho shit in that invitation..............say pistols at 20 paces......or crossbows at 100.............or a knife fight.....a knife fight would be cool, you know the one where they tie your left wrists together and you both have a knife in the right hand. Now that there is some seriously macho shit.........

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Boxing? Ah come on.............put a little macho shit in that invitation..............say pistols at 20 paces......or crossbows at 100.............or a knife fight.....a knife fight would be cool, you know the one where they tie your left wrists together and you both have a knife in the right hand. Now that there is some seriously macho shit.........

Knife fight? Cripes, I guess it would give me a good chance to practice with my stage 4 wound dressing skills!

Having fought about twenty regular fights, and having lost the vast majority of those, I'm far more comfortable with the shit getting punched out of me. Grumpy will have a lot of fun beating me up, and then maybe he won't feel compelled to keep following me around all of these threads. I'm such a super-weakling that he'll have no problem with me. My footwork sucks, my endurance is for shit, my left is weak, my right is inaccurate, my timing looks like something that fell out of a clown's ass.

10 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

wow, what happened in here? smells like something died

The neighbors cat?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Knife fight? Cripes, I guess it would give me a good chance to practice with my stage 4 wound dressing skills!

Having fought about twenty regular fights, and having lost the vast majority of those, I'm far more comfortable with the shit getting punched out of me. Grumpy will have a lot of fun beating me up, and then maybe he won't feel compelled to keep following me around all of these threads. I'm such a super-weakling that he'll have no problem with me. My footwork sucks, my endurance is for shit, my left is weak, my right is inaccurate, my timing looks like something that fell out of a clown's ass.

I boxed once.........well twice sorta....both times in the Navy. Once an organized 3 round “smoker”...I have no idea why they called them that between ships. Since I had just missed being on the Navy wrestling team (well...more than just missed) the consensus was I should be able to box. Not so much...........

The second time was much shorter and more informal. Long story short I got into a.......disagreement......with another sailor in a bar in Olongapo....little guy. It turned into a “fight”. I find out later he was the 135? pound Golden Gloves Champion from the state of New York. Really bad choice.........

So boxing......not so much. I still think you should go with the knife fight. 

5 hours ago, mikewof said:

Good news for Grumpy, as this will be an amateur event he won’t have to take off his wife beater. 

2 hours ago, Point Break said:

I boxed once.........well twice sorta....both times in the Navy. Once an organized 3 round “smoker”...I have no idea why they called them that between ships. Since I had just missed being on the Navy wrestling team (well...more than just missed) the consensus was I should be able to box. Not so much...........

The second time was much shorter and more informal. Long story short I got into a.......disagreement......with another sailor in a bar in Olongapo....little guy. It turned into a “fight”. I find out later he was the 135? pound Golden Gloves Champion from the state of New York. Really bad choice.........

So boxing......not so much. I still think you should go with the knife fight. 

Your 3 rounder, 2 minute round or 3 minute rounds? Headgear? Those were the most common amateur distances. I've heard the term "smoker" meaning a 3 round exhibition before the main fight, as the fight was about the length of a cigarette, about 8 minutes. A typical Marlboro Red is done in just 3 minutes, but back before they put accelerants in the paper? A unaccelerated American Spirit takes about 8 to 10 minutes to burn.

I've only fought with friends, kinda proud of that, regardless my monumentally shitty record and notable lack of skill. When you get hit hard by a friend, you feel worse for your friend because you know that he feels guilty for not pulling his punch properly. Wrestling was the opposite, and I was even worse at wrestling, there was genuine bitchiness between teammates. A heavyweight friend had his wrist deliberately broken by a weaker heavyweight in practice.

We once had a visitor come to our youth boxing league, his gym was good. After the first round he started throwing haymakers, genuinely trying to hurt the kid from our gym. His opponent was a friendly Chicano kid, a good 20 pounds lighter than the visitor. I saw a real gloved fight that day, not boxing. I've never seen one before or since. I've seen real fights without gloves, and I've seen gloved fights with sportsmanship. But that fight was that very skilled Chicano kid bamboozling his opponent; tired him out, and then he just let loose. It was like watching a coyote rip a bunny apart. Terrifying and beautiful to see a natural talent like that no longer worry about hurting a competitor.

Friends did football, coaches encouraged them to hurt their tackles. Our youth coach was always on us to take it easy, just fight for the points. I still think that football is more dangerous than boxing, especially with headgear.

1 hour ago, mikewof said:

Your 3 rounder, 2 minute round or 3 minute rounds? Headgear? Those were the most common amateur distances.

Certainly headgear and 16 oz gloves as well. I don’t remember how long the rounds were....seems to me it was a couple minutes. I only did it once.

12 hours ago, mikewof said:

Ya know, Brent Swain used to pull this shit every time he seriously lost a discussion online.

Sad to see Mikey dropping to that level.

FKT

3 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Ya know, Brent Swain used to pull this shit every time he seriously lost a discussion online.

FKT

Interesting.

Mikey's got a thing for origami boats.....

On 1/10/2019 at 12:28 AM, mikewof said:

Your snowflake cohort?

I have a semiautomatic carbine and a big-ass hunting rifle, and yet I don't feel the need to brag about killing animals the way you have done in this thread.

It's a miserable, regrettable thing when an emotionally healthy adult has to kill an animal, regardless the good intent. It's definitely not anything to brag about on the internet.

And it's genuinely distributing that you have convinced yourself that killing your neighbor's pets will do much of anything to protect your local wildlife. I am quite sure that the impact you have and your family has on wild birds will outpace any of your neighbor's pets .. your pantry is undoubtedly full of food that requires mass application of field and airborne chemicals, requires fields of beef and sheep and foul that displace wildlife en masse, and produces clouds of volatile organic compounds.

And yet, for some reason, your polluted logic stream falls apart there, and you presumably don't shoot all the humans in your life who cause more ecological mess than your neighbor's pet. Why? Because you're full of shit, and the real reason you kill animals is because your own life lacks the self control and power that you get from killing animals.

You are weak. You brag about killing animals because it makes you feel less weak.

I thought you kept the rifle broken down in several different locations for safety..

16 hours ago, Point Break said:

Certainly headgear and 16 oz gloves as well. I don’t remember how long the rounds were....seems to me it was a couple minutes. I only did it once.

Headgear and 3 round distance, that was the classic smoker, most definitely 2 minute rounds. Those are some of the most exciting fights because of the shorter distance, like watching a sprint versus a marathon.

5 hours ago, mad said:

I thought you kept the rifle broken down in several different locations for safety..

I do that, I have kids in the house and I live in an area with essentially zero crime.

It's not like the guns are in pieces, just that I don't keep ammo in the house, and the magazine for the assault rifle isn't in the house.

6 hours ago, VOA said:

He’s no sailor. 

I have a modified Opti rig for those. Anyway, that's the old design.

The whole purpose of the folding boats is for the Optimists International, three youth sailboats, including shipping for less than US$1000. Those rowing versions are just the first two hulls, minus the third hull which includes the keel and rudder.

As for your "no sailor" let's get this straight ... I build lots of cheap youth boats for a living, I've devoted a huge chunk of my career to this, I've been sailing since I've been a boy. Grumpy, on the other hand, only sails boats that other people build for him, he has a Disney character on the spinnaker, and somehow, inexplicably, this makes him a "sailor"? You're just another expat who knows how to sail a credit card. You don't know the first thing about hull dynamics, loading, fluid mechanics.

Yeah, you might be able to beat me in the boxing ring, though I'm not sure about that. But you don't know jack shit about sailing other than how to be a consumer of sailing products. Anyway, that was the old design, the new one is closer to the eventual Optimist sailing pram ...

14 hours ago, VOA said:

You’re a childish idiot. Grow the fuck up. 

And you're a drunken old coot. Sober the fuck up.

13 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

FKT

Did Brent Swain enjoy shooting pets, because if so, you are two peas in a pod.