Enzedel92

March 31st 2019 - who’s boats will be ready?

Nobody because the supplied arm/arm mechanism won't be.

I think the arms will be ready as each boat is ready for arms??

My opinion.

Hence ETNZ, IENOS, AM, LR will be ready?? My guess !

Ben is keen as mustard, clean cut, says sir...heaps of money. 

I say team Ben in the water first

NZ is the first to see the light of a new day - so I say ETNZ will be first !

Well if they really believe that simulators so very much replace/reduce the need for on the water testing, ETNZ will be in no hurry to splash.

No I think they will be dead keen to test their simulator predictions feed some real data in so they can extend their projection with more confidence.

3 hours ago, Kiwing said:

NZ is the first to see the light of a new day - so I say ETNZ will be first !

Looks like ETNZ might be late to the party.  I was hoping for an April launch and early trials.  Protocol permits nothing before end of March this year.  Duncan Johnstone's piece in Stuff yesterday talks about a mid-year launch.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/109709828/team-new-zealand-confirm-test-boat-build-and-crew-topup-among-priorities-for-2019-as-americas-cup-defence-builds  "The primary focus is the anticipated mid-year launch of their first version of the radical 75-foot foiling monohulls being introduced to the America's Cup. It will be the product of a nine-month build."

LR should get their arms first so maybe them then?

I'm going slightly out of the box and say that American Magic will be the 1st Team to launch their new AC 75.

Predictions

# 1) The 1st Boats will be significantly slower than the Final Boats to be raced in the CSS & AC Match.

# 2) The Malta Altus Challenge as well as the Dutch Team will not have their AC 75 ready for Racing in Cagliari and therefore may need an Exemption from the CoR Luna Rossa not to race in 2019.

1 hour ago, Purple Headed Warrior said:

That is some foresight right there!!

Last year everyone learnt to put A4E on ignore and stop quoting them... I don't think them a new sock should change that...

10 minutes ago, rh2600 said:

Last year everyone learnt to put A4E on ignore and stop quoting them... I don't think them a new sock should change that...

Go away you illegal NZ Immigrant.

• Downvote 2

20 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Go away you illegal NZ Immigrant.

Grow up you ignorant little fuck. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mad said:

Grow up you ignorant little fuck. 

DQS

Don't Quote the Sock

Made me open all the ignored to relish the shitfight

18 hours ago, barfy said:

Ben is keen as mustard, clean cut, says sir...heaps of money. 

I say team Ben in the water first

I'm with you on this. Brits will be first to splash. Just my hunch.

No lack of funding. Established team with strong players.  Base developed and sorted. Early successes with trial boat yielding tons of data.  Launching into English spring wx.

And a lot to prove after Bermuda.

First in the water means squat imo. Ineos launched the first surrogate, but compared to the Mule it's a crude effort, and likely producing lower quality data. ETNZ's plans to launch their surrogate after their first big boat could be an inspired idea, and quite typical of them doing things a bit different to the others.

• Like 1

No where does it mention launching a surrogate after the first boat, only that it would inform the second boat

1 hour ago, Horn Rock said:

First in the water means squat imo. Ineos launched the first surrogate, but compared to the Mule it's a crude effort, and likely producing lower quality data. ETNZ's plans to launch their surrogate after their first big boat could be an inspired idea, and quite typical of them doing things a bit different to the others.

I see, INEOS gets written off already because they launched a smaller test boat. Absolutely insane & hilarious. What do you think who you are? Knowing better than all these Sailors who have sailed all their lives? C'mon. Give me a break.

9 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

What do you think who you are?

I know who I am. Who the fuck are you?

10 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Knowing better than all these Sailors who have sailed all their lives?

I've spent 40+ years on the water in a variety of boats from skiffs to keel boats, and power boats. Currently sailing a Farr 3.7 and an Elliott 7m, both quick boats in their respective sizes. I don't profess to be an expert, but I have some knowledge and experience having grown up on the Hauraki Gulf, and sailed elsewhere. I suspect I was sailing long before your old man regretted ever letting some of his swimmers get away. Anyway, it's all a bit rich coming from you, the ultimate armchair non expert, whose sailing knowledge seems to come entirely from browsing social media.

23 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

INEOS gets written off already because they launched a smaller test boat.

They rushed their test boat and it shows. AM took their time and built a better more polished surrogate. Plain to see from anyone who has even a partially informed eye. You don't, that's obvious. I'd expect ETNZ's test boat to be a considered effort as well.

5 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

They rushed their test boat and it shows. AM took their time and built a better more polished surrogate. Plain to see from anyone who has even a partially informed eye. You don't, that's obvious. I'd expect ETNZ's test boat to be a considered effort as well.

Just because they might have rushed their Test Boat doesn't mean that they have no chance or no clue at all as you claim. Your continued INEOS rants seem to come because of the bad experience they had in Bermuda which was if you look closely totally expected them being a 1st Time Challenger and having to start a Design Team from scratch. Then you ridiculously claim that their new Design Team is still the same as it BDA which obviously isn't the case at all. If it wasn't for Ratcliffe owning the Team now I might have supported them for AC 36.

32 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Then you ridiculously claim that their new Design Team is still the same as it BDA which obviously isn't the case at all.

Quote me where I said anything like this?

33 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Your continued INEOS rants

What Ineos rants? You're making shit up again. 

36 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Just because they might have rushed their Test Boat doesn't mean that they have no chance or no clue at all as you claim.

Again, quote where I said they had no chance or no clue? I'll save you the effort, you can't, because I never said anything remotely like you contend. If you invented less bullshit, you might be taken more seriously around here......Okay that's crap.....you're never going to be taken seriously, but anyway.....drivel on......

41 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

If it wasn't for Ratcliffe owning the Team now I might have supported them for AC 36.

I'm sure JR is mightily disappointed at not having support from A4E. In fact, I'd say he'd be losing a ton of sleep over it........ Rumour has it, that Ben is thinking of packing it in because of the lack of endorsement from you - such is the weight you carry in the sailing world.......

9 hours ago, rh2600 said:

Can't the admins add a rule to the ignore filter that filters out quoted content from members already on the ignore list?

If that can't be done, then what's the point of the ignore function?

4 hours ago, barfy said:

No where does it mention launching a surrogate after the first boat, only that it would inform the second boat

This is a *great* observation - and you are totally correct - the article only says both will come before the second boat.

The plot may indeed be thickening! :-) They may have had both AC75s and Mini-me's in the sim for all we know... 

They might even have good clones of the Goat and Mule in their sim too... *Another* reason why the tech is so interesting...

1 hour ago, mrdobalina said:

Some people insist on having the last word with idiots. I used to ask them pretty please to halt but nobody ever did so now if they just cannot stop themselves, they just go onto ignore too.

12 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Grow up when he is continually harassing me? Nope.

Related image

2 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Some people insist on having the last word with idiots. I used to ask them pretty please to halt but nobody ever did so now if they just cannot stop themselves, they just go onto ignore too.

Guess I need to put Needaclue on ignore then. They're the worst when it comes to quoting dg_sailingfan. 

Tornadocat is getting close to the ignore list also. 

15 hours ago, rh2600 said:

This is a *great* observation - and you are totally correct - the article only says both will come before the second boat.

The plot may indeed be thickening! :-) They may have had both AC75s and Mini-me's in the sim for all we know... 

They might even have good clones of the Goat and Mule in their sim too... *Another* reason why the tech is so interesting...

For all we know they may be towing or sailing a surrogate right now on a secluded lake somewhere whilst boat 1 is being fitted.

They did it before and no one was the wiser.

17 hours ago, mrdobalina said:

Can't the admins add a rule to the ignore filter that filters out quoted content from members already on the ignore list?

Can't you ask the admin to add a filter that only shows what you like ?

29 minutes ago, barfy said:

For all we know they may be towing or sailing a surrogate right now on a secluded lake somewhere whilst boat 1 is being fitted.

They did it before and no one was the wiser.

;)

ETNZ have in-housed construction this time too... which a) permits even better secrecy and b) may mean they want to knock out a smaller boat as their first effort...

New 75 hull been out of the mold for some time now, recall some news about it?

I'm sure Dalton still smarts from the report regards letting the cat out of the bag in 34, the late launch could have quite a bit to do with stealth, it worked last time.

9 minutes ago, Kiwing said:

Red herrings galore !!! 

I know... brilliant isn't it! :P

I don't think anyone is going to launch in March. I posted around 6 months ago that I thought the timeline was overly ambitious, and I think that seems to be playing out. Ben has stated that he's not launching till June/July. Idiot4ever could be right in that AM might launch first? LR has been very quiet on their launch plans. I think the boats from the big four will go in the water somewhere between June and September. Wouldn't surprise me if everything gets pushed back 6 months - which is no big deal for a complex new class - better to get things right than rush and have humongous fuck ups. Not that we won't probably see some major fuck ups as they get to grips with these new beasts.

As an aside, was about to go for a swim at my favourite spot at Belongil (Nth Byron), but we've had a fucking shark attack this morning, which kinda puts a dampener on those plans....... bastard sharks!!!!......Read here

I think they will all be late and that Ben who was to first to sail a test boat will be the first with maxi frack. I don't even think the LR races will happen in 2019.

I think first AC75 will crash badly and need repairs.

17 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

I think first AC75 will crash badly and need repairs.

Just the first one TC? Reasonable chance that crashes might happen across the fleet I reckon. Whether it's a big deal remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

Just the first one TC? Reasonable chance that crashes might happen across the fleet I reckon. Whether it's a big deal remains to be seen.

Agreed, sorry for my english, I should have added "s". I also agree for the second part, it depends what they break.

As they are monohull the hull should be fine, the soft sail will have to be repaired, and they should have some spare mast. In fact 40 kts crashes may be mainly injure the crew, and that is difficult to replace. I'll have to have a look at the prot to know what the tell about spare crews.

On 1/7/2019 at 12:49 PM, Horn Rock said:

I know who I am. Who the fuck are you?

I've spent 40+ years on the water in a variety of boats from skiffs to keel boats, and power boats. Currently sailing a Farr 3.7 and an Elliott 7m, both quick boats in their respective sizes. I don't profess to be an expert, but I have some knowledge and experience having grown up on the Hauraki Gulf, and sailed elsewhere. I suspect I was sailing long before your old man regretted ever letting some of his swimmers get away. Anyway, it's all a bit rich coming from you, the ultimate armchair non expert, whose sailing knowledge seems to come entirely from browsing social media.

fuck me, another boomer is here

• Like 1

You'll see a kiwi boat in June/July. The Viaduct Events Centre pits needs to be built so they can park and lift the boat out.