Sign in to follow this  
Mid

tRump to LIE , live on National TV

seen as how it is now confirmed may as well give it a thread :P

Trump will address the nation before visiting the southern border as lawmakers continue to grapple over wall funding amid shutdown

Pelosi, Schumer demand equal time

"Now that the television networks have decided to air the President's address, which if his past statements are any indication will be full of malice and misinformation, Democrats must immediately be given equal airtime," Pelosi and Schumer said.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/07/media/networks-trump-border-security-speech/index.html

• Like 1

Gonna be interesting, the Dems get to call out the porkies right after they have been told.

Trumps handlers must be shaking in their boots thinking about the fallout this is gonna bring and the damage control that will have to be applied.

A CNN reporter tweeted late Monday that the network is planning to broadcast the Democrat response to Trump's speech. 

DqKNeMaJ_normal.jpg
 · 2h

In statement, Pelosi and Schumer demand that Democrats be given equal air time to counter Trump’s speech tomorrow

CNN plans to take the Democratic response live, the network announces; it’s unclear who will deliver the Dem speech

There will be a contrived national "event" as tRump is speaking, and the media will all break away to watch as giant clouds form over the  Western Oklahoma panhandle, and thunderstorms approach OKC.....

4 minutes ago, Mid said:

A CNN reporter tweeted late Monday that the network is planning to broadcast the Democrat response to Trump's speech. 

DqKNeMaJ_normal.jpg
 · 2h

In statement, Pelosi and Schumer demand that Democrats be given equal air time to counter Trump’s speech tomorrow

CNN plans to take the Democratic response live, the network announces; it’s unclear who will deliver the Dem speech

Manu Raju is a great congressional reporter/interviewer. He makes people like Marco Rubio look tall.

Untitled.jpg.3ed17b2e5312fb7b948daed578040a7c.jpg

• Like 4

Lets start a pool . . . 

How many demonstrable lies will the Drumph tell during the "address" 

(It's gonna be scripted, so the lies may be less than usual - but I'll still bet there will be many) 

I'm gonna say 22 and 1/2 . . . 

Just now, AJ Oliver said:

Lets start a pool . . . 

(It's gonna be scripted, so the lies may be less than usual - but I'll still bet there will be many) 

If he goes off script, about 475.

4 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

When he goes off script, about 475.

Fify

when he goes off script , yuge numbers .

snap

8 hours ago, Mid said:

when he goes off script , yuge numbers .

Wonder how long that will take.  Measure it in minutes, seconds or nano seconds.

Hope he goes off script.  His handlers may have the right combination of drugs by now to get him to read Miller's teleprompter with minimal speech slurring though.

22 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Wonder how long that will take.  Measure it in minutes, seconds or nano seconds.

soon as he opens his yap

Looking forward to hearing the following words dozens, if not hundreds, of times -

Tremendous

Very

Terrific

Believe me

10 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Looking forward to hearing the following words dozens, if not hundreds, of times -

Tremendous

Very

Terrific

Believe me

Drinking game starter set

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AJ Oliver said:

Lets start a pool . . . 

How long before he goes off script?? 2 minutes?

1 hour ago, bridhb said:

Hope he goes off script.  His handlers may have the right combination of drugs by now to get him to read Miller's teleprompter with minimal speech slurring though.

what about the sniffing though?

1 hour ago, phillysailor said:

Could very well be the best reason to watch.

Just now, mad said:

what about the sniffing though?

That will be interesting to look for.... Maybe it was just a campaign thing..... He gets a lot more rest these days.

Dwa84CzXgAQ5SYJ.jpg

Bernie Sanders Responds to Trump's Oval Office Address

7 hours ago, phillysailor said:

One shot after three of these and/or three of each one (one shot for each would be dangerous):

Horrible

Disgusting

Criminals

Drugs

Traffickers

Terrorists

Extra shot for ISIS

So many possible words rapists, wall, trade, unfair etc.  We’re going to get a real word salad.

• Downvote 1

Just now, Fakenews said:

So many possible words rapists, wall, trade, unfair etc.  We’re going to get a real word salad.

Added up, actually it's sad how just a few simple - meaningless and/or erroneous - words will be used to explain a very complicated topic.  

It will not be a tasty salad.  Not even as good as a Palin special.

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Added up, actually it's sad how just a few simple - meaningless and/or erroneous - words will be used to explain a very complicated topic.  

It will not be a tasty salad.  Not even as good as a Palin special.

It is guaranteed to be a highly unusual salad from a man that can barely link cognitive sentences together.

Not many past presidents have managed to sway public opinion using a public address and I think he will fail to get traction for declaring this a national emergency.

But for the lies and light entertainment it might be worth popcorn and tequila.

Just now, Navig8tor said:

It is guaranteed to be a highly unusual salad from a man that can barely link cognitive sentences together.

Not many past presidents have managed to sway public opinion using a public address and I think he will fail to get traction for declaring this a national emergency.

I think I'm going to stream Princess Bride (or maybeTowering Inferno) instead and save my new TV screen from thrown objects.

Or maybe The Shining.

21 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

I’m looking forward to it for my morning laugh over coffee tomorrow. 

And then maybe a cocktail in the evening to listen all the reactions. :lol:

take my mind of our Brexit idiots for a day and watch yours. 

19 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

I think I'm going to stream Princess Bride (or maybeTowering Inferno) instead and save my new TV screen from thrown objects.

Or maybe The Shining.

'The Manchurian Candidate'... or is that the Ukrainian Candidate?

or maybe 'All the President's Men'

or even 'The American President'... "how did the date go?  He had to leave to bomb Libya" ... it's got some good speeches in it too.

Untitled.jpg.03c56d932f2f497127acb2514d37e9b0.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

or even 'The American President'... "how did the date go?  He had to leave to bomb Libya" ... it's got some good speeches in it too.

14 minutes ago, Kirwan said:

Just saw "Vice".  That was not a pleasant reminder of DC politics at their worst.  

9 facts you should know about the border before Trump addresses the nation

Illegal border crossings are down. Significantly.

The counties along the southern border are among the safest in the United States.

Most undocumented immigrants don’t “sneak” across the border.

The White House is lying about terrorists crossing the southern border.

Migrant caravans aren’t “sneaking” across the border, either.

Drugs entering the USA across the southern border are most often hidden in legal shipments.

Conservative political figures and think tanks think Trump’s wall is pointless.

There are already 654 miles of border fencing.

Americans do not support Trump’s wall.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2019/01/08/facts-donald-trumps-border-wall-address-nation-immigration-shutdown-column/2503981002/

http://www.btrtoday.com/read/featured/trump-addresses-the-nation-a-drinking-game/

Trump Addresses The Nation: A Drinking Game

Take a Drink if Trump:

Uses the following buzzwords: Danger, Threat, Caravan, Gangs

Uses the following adjectives: Amazing, Tremendous, Incredible, Best, Beautiful, Out of Control, Weak, Terrible

Blames Democrats for anything. Doesn’t matter if it’s the government shutdown, weak borders, Russian collusion or rigged elections. Trump’s gonna play the hits and you’re gonna be hungover. Take two if he calls out Nancy Pelosi or Chuck Schumer by name.

Ad-libs. Trump supporters love his ability to speak off-script. And since Trump doesn’t write (or likely read) any of his own speeches, he loves adding a little flair of his own at the end of sentences. Usually he’ll just repeat the last few words, but occasionally Trump will add a “very bad” or “can’t have it” to let you know the speech is HIS.

Take Two Drinks if Trump:

Uses the following buzzwords: MS-13, Bad Hombres, Fake News, Low Energy

Inappropriately praises the wall. Trump’s already described the proposed border wall as “beautiful” and “artistically designed.” But odds are he’s cooked up some extra catchy new phrases to play up its aesthetics. Sleek and sturdy? Tall and titanic? Robust and racially pure? We know Trump’s a man of many words, the best words—especially when he’s describing something he wants. After all, a wall just stands there asking for it. Don’t be shocked if he moves on it like a bitch.

Mentions Any Cabinet Member(s) by Name. Trump’s a cretin, sure, but he’s hardly the mastermind of his own despotic immigration policy. Stephen Miller and Kirstjen Nielsen are best bets here. Take three if he mentions someone he already fired, like Steve Bannon, John Kelly or James Mattis.

Finish Your Drink if Trump:

Has a Dental Malfunction. Not likely, but we can’t rule it out. Surely his handlers will have extra Fixodent on standby.

Takes Everything Back, Admits The Wall is a Stupid Idea. Make sure to call a friend first, just to make sure you’re not in an Andy Borowitz article. Then begin drinking heavily.

Illegally Declares a National Emergency to Deal With Nonexistent Border Security Problems. We are in the end times. Drink up.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

One shot after three of these and/or three of each one (one shot for each would be dangerous):

Horrible

Disgusting

Criminals

Drugs

Traffickers

Terrorists

Extra shot for ISIS

double shot for each time he says "Crisis" 

20 hours ago, Mid said:

Trump will address the nation before visiting the southern border as lawmakers continue to grapple over wall funding amid shutdown

What I find odd, is that the Dems could have claimed a huge win when Trump offered to Approve the Daca kids for the wall funding.

Too bad the Dems are holding the Daca kids hostage.

15 minutes ago, Hard On The Wind said:

The Gaslighter in Chief is performing tonight. Wear your waders hazmat suit. 

fify

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Mueller walks in and he shits himself.

Mueller has a knack for stealing his thunder, but it seems like it happens the following day. 

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Mueller has a knack for stealing his thunder, but it seems like it happens the following day. 

Sol,  I'm tired.

2 minutes ago, Cal20sailor said:

Sol,  I'm tired.

That’s what these cocksuckers count on. Nonstop chaos to wear everyone down, so that they cannot stand up and stand opposed. Take pride and be energized by smearing the bullshit of bullshitters right back in their bullshitty faces. It is liberating.

• Like 1

i'm warming up....doing some calisthenics.....don't want to pull a hammy 

• Like 1

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:

That’s what these cocksuckers count on. Nonstop chaos to wear everyone down, so that they cannot stand up and stand opposed. Take pride and be energized by smearing the bullshit of bullshitters right back in their bullshitty faces. It is liberating.

Ok, that was a pretty big smile.  I will have a large glass of wine when he starts and it will be empty when he finishes.

1 minute ago, Cal20sailor said:

Ok, that was a pretty big smile.  I will have a large glass of wine when he starts and the bottle will be empty when he finishes.

FIFY:rolleyes:

Douglas Adams:

“...the qualities [the President] is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it..."

2 hours ago, dacapo said:

double shot for each time he says "Crisis" 

And "shit-hole"?

19 minutes ago, Navig8tor said:

FIFY:rolleyes:

You're right, opening one now.  

OK.............. I'm going to bed now. I'll get up in a couple of hours to see the synopsis....

God this is tiresome..... Someone has to bring this man to his senses...... Or his knees..... And not just Putin.....

I've secretly paid for an Ivanka look alike to be up the back of the room. 

At the zero minute mark, she will flash her breasts that have tiny little hands tattooed over her nipples.  

The worst thing that can go wrong is the Secret Service shoot Trump by mistake in the ensuing tangle. 

Just now, shaggybaxter said:

I've secretly paid for an Ivanka look alike to be up the back of the room. 

At the zero minute mark, she will flash her breasts that have tiny little hands tattooed over her nipples.  

The worst thing that can go wrong is the Secret Service shoot Trump by mistake in the ensuing tangle. 

The worst thing that can go wrong is if they miss.

I'm sure one of these days he's going to try and claim he invented the question mark. I'll save the serious drinking for then.

Sounds like he's employed a speechwriter, so no "shit-hole" should be forthcoming.

I was trying to talk MSNBC into doing a Mondo Science Fiction 3000 setup for the speech- (we’re out to dinner & cant watch it)- is there a crawl at the bottom of the screen for exposing lies on any of the broadcasts?

1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

Not Peoria?

I took a boat from Lake Michigan to Lauderdale just after 9/11.  I love Peoriia.

Evil immigrants. Sacred duty. Oath of Office.

1 minute ago, Fakenews said:

Held hands of weeping mothers. Sadness gripping souls

I thought he was a germaphobe!

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

I took a boat from Lake Michigan to Lauderdale just after 9/11.  I love Peoriia.

Flew into Michigan after 9/11 on the fourth of July. Awesome fireworks.

3 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Held hands of weeping mothers. Sadness gripping souls

Munchhausen by proxy?

Just now, justsomeguy! said:

Pelosi's got a speech impediment.

She’s 78....

1 minute ago, justsomeguy! said:

The guy standing next to her looks ill.

Who might the sickie be??

Pelosi hit the right tone.

if I were dems I’d send a bill to spend 10B no wall for border security and open govt to Cocaine Mitch tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Who might the sickie be??

Some relative of Amy Schumer.

• Like 1