Navig8tor

Who is running the Country? Faux News?

http://www.axios.com/lou-dobbs-fox-business-host-calls-for-trump-national-emergency-1f450818-8bf5-4e4e-9ba1-6592c28f2029.html

Snip/

Fox Business host calls for Trump to "sweep aside" opponents with national emergency

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs said Thursday that President Trump should use his national emergency powers to "simply sweep aside the recalcitrant left in this country” as the partial government moves closer to Day 21.

Embedded video

Why it matters: In addition to being one of Trump's favorite cable news hosts, Lou Dobbs is also a close confidante of the president. The Daily Beast reported last year that Trump has, on several occasions, patched Dobbs into Oval Office meetings so the Fox Business host could "give his two cents" via speakerphone. Later Thursday night, Trump told Fox News' Sean Hannity that he would "most likely" declare a national emergency if he couldn't strike a deal with Congress on his border wall.

Trump is not going think up base-pleasing performances on his own. Impossible. Trump is completely isolated in his mansions. Has zero curiosity. How could he know without a phone call? So it must come from elsewhere. It is pretty entertaining for us that his sources change by the day. Depending on what is on TV. Who randomly visits. Etc.

"Sweep aside the recalcitrant left"

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe he'll put them in the gulag system like racist Roosevelt did to the Japs

• Downvote 4

This is exactly the kind of BS that comes about w/unchecked partisanship and demonization.   

I wrote a letter yesterday to my (now D) representative expressing a desire to call for more cautious and considerate language from ALL of our elected officials.  I submitted that same letter to our local paper.  Probably won't make any difference, but, it's all I can think of at the moment. 

I think I'll send it to Fox & MSNBC too - where it'll probably make as much impact a spit in the ocean.  Who knows - if they get a few thousand notes like that?  Maybe someone will pay attention. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

This is exactly the kind of BS that comes about w/unchecked partisanship and demonization.   

I wrote a letter yesterday to my (now D) representative expressing a desire to call for more cautious and considerate language from ALL of our elected officials.  I submitted that same letter to our local paper.  Probably won't make any difference, but, it's all I can think of at the moment. 

I think I'll send it to Fox & MSNBC too - where it'll probably make as much impact a spit in the ocean.  Who knows - if they get a few thousand notes like that?  Maybe someone will pay attention. 

I didn't see it but apparently Tucker Carlson made a Glen Beck turnaround the other night.

https://www.vox.com/2019/1/10/18171912/tucker-carlson-fox-news-populism-conservatism-trump-gop

".....even a strong economy was still leaving working-class Americans behind.

“I’m just saying as a matter of fact,” he told me, “a country where a shrinking percentage of the population is taking home an ever-expanding proportion of the money is not a recipe for a stable society. It’s not.”"

Hard to forget all the asshole bullshit he's spouted over the years, but it's nice to hear the guy who tried to replace William F. Buckley can talk at least a little sense.

-DSK

1 hour ago, Moderate said:

"Sweep aside the recalcitrant left"

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Maybe he'll put them in the gulag system like racist Roosevelt did to the Japs

Fuck you're a fool.

One of the issues with a weak leader like Trump is that there is a next level just below that tries for an alpha position.  As long as this jostling consists of many separate silos, the damage is minimized.  There comes a problem when there is a concentration of power in a few players below the president and their interplay becomes more important than running the country.  I think the reasons for the resignations of the defence Secretary and chief of staff would be fascinating.

1 minute ago, Laker said:

I think the reasons for the resignations of the defence Secretary and chief of staff would be fascinating.

Pretty simple - they got tired of having a stupid, petulant child for a boss.

39 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Fuck you're a fool.

Finally put the ass on ignore.

Maybe Rump wasn't smarter than "his generals" after all. Course they run theaters of war, where Rump is in charge of the stable.

1 hour ago, Blue Crab said:

Maybe Rump wasn't smarter than "his generals" after all. Course they run theaters of war, where Rump is in charge of the stable.

In a theater of war Rump would not even be allowed to run the popcorn stand.

12 hours ago, Navig8tor said:

http://www.axios.com/lou-dobbs-fox-business-host-calls-for-trump-national-emergency-1f450818-8bf5-4e4e-9ba1-6592c28f2029.html

Snip/

Fox Business host calls for Trump to "sweep aside" opponents with national emergency

Fox Business host Lou Dobbs said Thursday that President Trump should use his national emergency powers to "simply sweep aside the recalcitrant left in this country” as the partial government moves closer to Day 21.   ........

Because in their minds (or what passes for such), the real National Emergency is that Democrats won a bunch of elections and are poised to win more. Emergency!! Time get rid of this stupid-ass democracy bullshit!! The Constitution was only a temporary measure, anyway!

-DSK