Sign in to follow this  
badlatitude

Laugh of the Day: Trump Should Be Able to Correct Mueller Report before release

How do you rebut something you haven't seen, or heard?

38 minutes ago, Dog said:

"Donald Trump said his lawyer Rudy Giuliani has begun work on a rebuttal to Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s anticipated report capping his investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election".

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-07/trump-attacks-rosenstein-as-conflicted-as-mueller-filings-loom

Would you care to offer an opinion on the link?

6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

How do you rebut something you haven't seen, or heard?

You mean how do you control the narrative and the news cycle don't you?

2 minutes ago, Lifted Tack said:

How about I just provide another one perhaps more to your liking.

"Giuliani said they don't know what Mueller is up to nor the timing of any special counsel report. But they are working on a rebuttal -- which will serve as a public relations document as much as a legal document".

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/31/politics/rudy-giuliani-robert-mueller-report/index.html

Just now, Dog said:

"Giuliani said they don't know what Mueller is up to nor the timing of any special counsel report. But they are working on a rebuttal -- which will serve as a public relations document as much as a legal document".

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/31/politics/rudy-giuliani-robert-mueller-report/index.html

How about you voice an opinion on or the other or both? Just throwing out links to articles is really a discussion is it?

Just now, Lifted Tack said:

How about you voice an opinion on or the other or both? Just throwing out links to articles is really a discussion is it?

The suggestion that Rudy intends to edit Mueller's report is bullshit. How's that?

11 minutes ago, Dog said:

The suggestion that Rudy intends to edit Mueller's report is bullshit. How's that?

He said he should be able to correct it-- everybody knows he's not going to get that chance.

You are doing the Trump thing where words don't mean anything. 

19 minutes ago, Dog said:
23 minutes ago, Lifted Tack said:

Well, that's another Dog-like lie. They had Manafort fetching and carrying to give them info on what Mueller was asking him, despite his agreement not to. Now, since Mueller knew this was happening, he probably didn't convey much. But then, Team Trump would have trouble outsmarting a bowl of oatmeal, so it's not surprising they've been one step behind the whole time. Pretty much all they've got is blatant lying, Russian assistance, and more blatant lying amplified & repeated by Fox & Friends

-DSK

12 hours ago, Dog said:

Is this the direct quote you're referring to as proof Rudy means to edit Mueller's report?

“As a matter of fairness, they should show it to you — so we can correct it if they’re wrong,”

That one, as well as this one:

“Of course we have to see [the report] before it goes to Congress. We have reserved executive privilege and we have a right to assert it. The only way we can assert it is if we see what is in the report.”

Just now, benwynn said:

That one, as well as this one:

“Of course we have to see [the report] before it goes to Congress. We have reserved executive privilege and we have a right to assert it. The only way we can assert it is if we see what is in the report.”

Dog will say he didn't mean that they actually have a right to see the report before it goes to Congress. 

12 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

He said he should be able to correct it-- everybody knows he's not going to get that chance.

You are doing the Trump thing where words don't mean anything. 

And he will offer what he considers to be corrections by way of the rebuttal already in the works.

1 minute ago, Clove Hitch said:

Dog will say he didn't mean that they actually have a right to see the report before it goes to Congress. 

No...Rudy may well think he has the right to see it before it goes to congress as it is a product of the executive branch.

27 minutes ago, Dog said:

Any ideas on why he has not denied the accusation?  Usually when the press gets something wrong about somebody, that somebody publicly denies it.  Or in the Trump Administration's case, the press being wrong not necessarily being a qualifier. 

4 minutes ago, Dog said:

And he will offer what he considers to be corrections by way of the rebuttal already in the works.

Something tells me you've got a clear understanding of the ability to form a rebuttal on something that has not been stated yet. 

2 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Any ideas on why he has not denied the accusation?  Usually when the press gets something wrong about somebody, that somebody publicly denies it.  Or in the Trump Administration's case, the press being wrong not necessarily being a qualifier. 

He might deem it too preposterous to be taken seriously.

1 minute ago, benwynn said:

Something tells me you've got a clear understanding of the ability to form a rebuttal on something that has not been stated yet. 

I think they can anticipate at least some of the content of Mueller's report and start there.

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

I think they can anticipate at least some of the content of Mueller's report and start there.

So they write a rebuttal on what they anticipate, say 3 major issues.  Then Mueller's report details 10 major issues, doesn't that make it look like they're guilty on the unanswered 7?  I would love to be in the room when Rudy reads Mueller's report,  HOLY FUCK, HOLY FUCK, HOLY FUCK, etc. 

5 minutes ago, Dog said:

Now that you mention it, Muller is pretty good at what he does.  They probably know exactly what will be in the report just by simple recollection. 

17 minutes ago, Dog said:

Good point.  The fact that the story is running on practically every news source no the planet should not be interpreted by Rudy as anyone taking it seriously. 

53 minutes ago, Dog said:

Perfect. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well it is true that no one believes anything that the administration says.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/thomas-friedman-say-without_us_5c397207e4b0922a21d514f7

Three-time Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman didn’t hold back on his scathing criticism of Donald Trump on Friday, calling him a “disturbed” president who lies so often that “no one trusts this man.”

“If we face a crisis with a president who no one believes who’s surrounded by a C-team in a dysfunctional  White House, then God save us,” Friedman told Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

Trump has told “one too many lies,” Friedman said. “I don’t know whether it’s lie number 6,000 or 7,000 — The Washington Post has been keeping tab — but ... we’re in a moment now where people simply don’t believe a word out of his mouth. When he can stand up and say, ‘I never said Mexico would pay for the wall,’ we’re through the looking glass.”

The “core” problem is that “we have a president without shame who is backed by a party without spine that is supported by a network called Fox News without integrity,” Friedman said. “Fasten your seatbelt.”

42 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Now that you mention it, Muller is pretty good at what he does.  They probably know exactly what will be in the report just by simple recollection. 

If Mueller's report were limited to those things President Trump and his current unindicted and non-incarcerated elk have provided, you'd be spot on.

Do you think they are aware of everything Mueller has obtained in his interviews with the folks who've pled guilty, are under indictment, and/or are in jail?

I gotta agree with Cal20 in Post #118.

I think the report is going to be a "Holy Shit" moment.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

If Mueller's report were limited to those things President Trump and his current unindicted and non-incarcerated elk have provided, you'd be spot on.

Do you think they are aware of everything Mueller has obtained in his interviews with the folks who've pled guilty, are under indictment, and/or are in jail?

I gotta agree with Cal20 in Post #118.

I think the report is going to be a "Holy Shit" moment.

I was watching "This Week" this morning and this short interview struck me.

"Thanks for coming in this morning. So Jon, let’s start out with these two stories in The New York Times and the Washington Post over the weekend. We’ve seen President Trump’s reaction. Says being asked about it is insulting, was tweeting all morning yesterday, I think about a dozen tweets about The New York Times story. But what are you picking up from others inside the president’s orbit?

JONATHAN KARL, CHIEF WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT, ABC NEWS: Well look, I mean the story in The New York Times was an extraordinary reflection of the level of distrust between the FBI leadership and the president and how suspicious the president’s behavior was, that they actually were at -- at the -- to the point of investigating whether or not --

STEPHANOPOULOS: The letters about firing Comey, the interview with Lester Holt.

KARL: Yes. And -- and -- and actually going to the point of investigating whether or not effectively the president was a Russian agent. But what I am getting is that this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there have been expectations that have been building, of course, for over a year on this. But people who are closest to what Mueller has been doing, interacting with the special counsel caution me that this report is almost certain to be anti-climactic.

And if you look at what the FBI was investigating in that New York Times report, you look at what they were investigating, Mueller did not go anywhere with that investigation. He has been writing his report in real time through these indictments and we have seen nothing from Mueller on the central question of, was there any coordination, collusion, with the Russians in the effort to meddle in the elections? Or was there even any knowledge on the part of the president or anybody in his campaign with what the Russians were doing, there’s been no indication of that …

STEPHANOPOULOS: They hadn’t laid that out yet in the indictments but how do things like the Trump Tower meeting with Russians, Don Jr., Paul Manafort – Paul Manafort giving polling data to Ukrainian oligarchs, the pursuit of a Trump Tower in Moscow. How does that fit into this theory?

KARL: What we’ve certainly seen over and over again is the people around the president, first of all, have been willing to lie to investigation – investigators, and had their own dealings with Russians, had their own agendas with Russians. And Manafort was trying to get paid for his work on behalf of Ukraine. Flynn had his own dealings. But it is not added up to anything of the central question, again, was there anybody – was the Trump campaign aware of or coordinating with the Russians in their effort to meddle with the election. So far there’s been nothing on that and I’m led to believe – don’t expect there’s going to be anything.

I'm not so sure now. I think obstruction will be a big deal and certainly the Trump Tower meeting has to be big, but it is possible for this to end up a triple, instead of a home run.

1 hour ago, Lifted Tack said:

Well it is true that no one believes anything that the administration says.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/thomas-friedman-say-without_us_5c397207e4b0922a21d514f7

Three-time Pulitzer Prize-winning New York Times columnist Thomas Friedman didn’t hold back on his scathing criticism of Donald Trump on Friday, calling him a “disturbed” president who lies so often that “no one trusts this man.”

“If we face a crisis with a president who no one believes who’s surrounded by a C-team in a dysfunctional  White House, then God save us,” Friedman told Wolf Blitzer on CNN.

Trump has told “one too many lies,” Friedman said. “I don’t know whether it’s lie number 6,000 or 7,000 — The Washington Post has been keeping tab — but ... we’re in a moment now where people simply don’t believe a word out of his mouth. When he can stand up and say, ‘I never said Mexico would pay for the wall,’ we’re through the looking glass.”

The “core” problem is that “we have a president without shame who is backed by a party without spine that is supported by a network called Fox News without integrity,” Friedman said. “Fasten your seatbelt.”

Huff Post...

Thomas Friedman....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mueller will not bring dishonor to the US or its institutions by insinuating that the POTUS is a traitor or that the elections are easily manipulated, that half of the country was conned and their representatives knowingly kept them fooled, he is not even interviewing the POTUS cause then he'll have to deal with the lies.

The public report will be about those in Trump's orbit who sought to personally profit off the campaign and presidency, not about Trump. 

There may be another for eyes only report but nothing much will change, the Rs were warned before the elections and ignored it, as long as the base supports him they will too. If there is solid proof of malfeasance he will die of natural causes before he runs for office again but nothing is going to bring into question the will of the American people.

EDIT: Obstruction is a decent charge to bring as Trump can claim he was being loyal and trying to protect a man he thought was honourable. The Rs will give him a mulligan on that, not being a politician and knowing the rules and all that.

1 hour ago, Lifted Tack said:

That's close, except the part about Party.  The GOP in general has a spine, but its members seem to see democRATS not as their countrymen but as the enemy.  Party Leadership has plenty of spine when it comes to standing up to the Enemy.  We held a Supreme Court seat open for a year to prove that.  Adopting a "the ends justify the means" mentality as dictated by Mother Russia definitely takes some spine.  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 4:17 PM, J28 said:

I hope everyone who thinks Trump’s team should not have an opportunity to see, prepare a rebuttal to, and submit it at the same time as Mueller’s report is hauled Into a court of law on a felony charge and is not allowed to present a defense to the judge.

No one is suggesting that Trump Inc. won't or shouldn't have access to all Mueller's information. That's what disclosure and discovery are all about.

But nobody wants Trump Inc. to draft the actual indictment. I know that must be seen as a subtlety to you, but it's glaringly obvious to everyone else.

2 hours ago, J28 said:

Huff Post...

Thomas Friedman....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's a lot smarter than you are sock boy. Plus, it's still true that no one believes anything Trump says anymore.

Has Shitstain been charged with a felony? Why am I always the last to hear?

9 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Has Shitstain been charged with a felony? Why am I always the last to hear?

J28 has a crystal ball.  

8 hours ago, benwynn said:

Good point.  The fact that the story is running on practically every news source no the planet should not be interpreted by Rudy as anyone taking it seriously. 

Fake news is everywhere mate.

Your Magazine Cover!