cmilliken

Tulsi Gabbard

I wonder if she means that same thing as Trump by "immediate?"

Later in the string of tweets, she dropped the apostrophe in Hawaii. Good riddance. Just saying.

I saw the guy running against her being interviewed off TV.  He was impressive and pointed out that she spends very little time in her district.  He would have beaten her like a drum.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:13 AM, Sol Rosenberg said:

what is the big objection to her?

I question her experience in office, but that no longer seems to be a relevant factor. Her military service is a big plus for me, as is her advocacy for ending eternal war. 

I know little to nothing about what her proposals would cost or who would pay for them. Is that the problem?

What’s the down side?

That she has no other position other than wrt “endless war”.  I’m against endless war, I thought Iraq 2 was a stupid idea and that we should have been out of Afghanistan inside of one year but I’m as lost against cozying up to dictators and murderers.  Id like to know about your other  ideas, she has none apparently.

17 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

That she has no other position other than wrt “endless war”.  I’m against endless war, I thought Iraq 2 was a stupid idea and that we should have been out of Afghanistan inside of one year but I’m as lost against cozying up to dictators and murderers.  Id like to know about your other  ideas, she has none apparently.

Endless war is the mechanism of the moment for redistributing money borrowed by all of us to the favored few of us. That single issue ties into the biggest problem we have, government captured by the favored few at the expense of all others. That’s the starting point. 

Re Tulsi, she lost me a while back when she tried to tie Syria to the endless war gibberish without saying it was related to ISIS. 

2 hours ago, Hypercapnic Tom said:
ater in the string of tweets, she dropped the apostrophe in Hawaii. Good riddance. Just saying.

Indeed it's nice of her to admit people like you are her constituency, not the people who elected her. Because she stopped giving a fuck about the people of Hawai'i a long time ago. She's the perfect vanity critter for you tomballs, and she needs your money!

Russians!

It would be funny except my son came home on fall break from college saying Tulsi was being groomed by the Russians. I asked for one scintilla of evidence, he had none. I asked him what it meant to be groomed, he couldn’t tell me. 

Wer’re screwed.

34 minutes ago, chum said:

Wer’re screwed.

He asked you how to spell we're and you couldn't tell him. He asked you if you read NBC News. You said reading is hard and words are for liberals.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/russia-s-propaganda-machine-discovers-2020-democratic-candidate-tulsi-gabbard-n964261

You got me there O, I’ve spelled it wrong my whole life too. You guys are so smart here.

:lol:

if chumps posts here are anything to go by son probably gave a cogent credible answer and chump went "derp, yer wrung cuz  u r libdope"

it's funny watching all the little rightwingers parrot the talking points though. confusing "groomed" with "asset" with "spy". all for gritty n' tough military dudes that get apoplectic if you call a clip a magazine or whatever the latest bit of dumbfuckery is amongst those ammosexual morons.

Why don’t you tell me what it means that Tulsi Gabbard is being groomed by the Russians then you idiot. Being groomed implies she is complicit.

And this coming from an idiot who thinks we have Russian agents posting on here to influence American voters

What’s fun is watching you guys twist and spin.

9 minutes ago, chum said:

Why don’t you tell me what it means that Tulsi Gabbard is being groomed by the Russians then you idiot. Being groomed implies she is complicit.

And this coming from an idiot who thinks we have Russian agents posting on here to influence American voters

What’s fun is watching you guys twist and spin.

Trump is  complicit, his criminal klan is complicit, Linsey Graham is complicit, almost every GOP member of Congress and the Senate is complicit. She avoids legitimate news outlets and appears on Hannity and Tucker (you guessed it - complicit), she takes positions that our enemies applaud.  Why is it hard to believe she’s complicit?

Keep on spinning! You guys twirl and dance around the facts like a bunch of Dead Head spinners.

I fucking love this place.

Howie Who?

The Green Party's 2020 nominating season is already well underway, with four debates in the can (including one moderated by Stein), featuring a total of seven declared candidates. Howie Hawkins, the preliminary runaway leader in the fundraising race, has a pedigree sure to be impressive to the 400 party delegates who will select the nominee next July: He co-founded the Green Party and has been a serial candidate for elected office in New York, topping out in big-ticket races at 9.6 percent in a two-way election for Congress in 2004, while losing by as few as 4.2 percentage points in various city contests in Syracuse.

Oh.

12 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Stossel interviewed Gabbard

Tulsi Gabbard: The Anti-War Candidate

A more accurate title would have been "anti-wars candidate" since she spoke against regime change wars and the stupid drug war.

I commend her for sticking to her message.  She's not going to make much headway this go around but eventually,  I do think people will realize it's time to declare victory or admit defeat and move on.  

One silver lining of the Republican blind support of Trump is that he might be able to wind some of this down and get away with it.  Just like with family leave.  

The democrats should go for Tulsi if they want to win. Those from team d will vote for whoever team d puts up and she might attract some votes from team r.

None of these  swamp rats from team d will have any chance against Trump.

thmper.jpg

21 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

One silver lining of the Republican blind support of Trump is that he might be able to wind some of this down and get away with it. 

That loyalty suddenly withered, even in the case of noted sycophant Lindsey Graham, when it came to the "immediate" withdrawal from Syria.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

One silver lining of the Republican blind support of Trump is that he might be able to wind some of this down and get away with it.  Just like with family leave.  

I had that thought as well.  I found the family leave position to be positively Clinton-esque in terms of adopting (no pun intended) the other party's platform....  

4 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Remedy for what? 

Yeah @Dog what? You’ve argued trump did nothing wrong.

gotta say this move by tulsi will totally help her in the Democratic primarys that are held on tucker carlsons show. And with those reason reading dem primary voters.

17 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Remedy for what? 

Referencing investigating Joe and Hunter specifically.

1 hour ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I had that thought as well.  I found the family leave position to be positively Clinton-esque in terms of adopting (no pun intended) the other party's platform....  

Totally!   Ivanka made the comment that when he first mentioned at his first state of the Union that the republicans were kinda stunned and didn't know if they should clap.  They got on board in the second.  

4 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

The latest yougov poll was great, showed tulsi is the dem candidate preferred by trump voters and conservatives :lol:

Jeff was partial to Howard Schultz.

13 hours ago, Dog said:

Referencing investigating Joe and Hunter specifically.

But, the phone call was "perfect"!

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

But, the released and redacted summary of the phone call was "perfect" and it was still enough to get him impeached!

Just think of the phone calls and meetings that weren't "perfect".

1531767311785.jpg

37 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Just think of the phone calls and meetings that weren't "perfect".

1531767311785.jpg

One of them looks satisfied.

7 minutes ago, Dog said:

In which the DNC encourages Tulsi to run as a third party candidate...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1209168038244880385

Tulsi is an opportunistic slacker who’s turned her back on her electorate and party.  She’s not getting elected to any public office in Hawaii again so like the carpet bagger she is she should go on Hannity pledge “undying loyalty” to Trump, announce a move to Kansas and change her affiliation to Team R.  She garners about .01% of the vote on the Dem side.

Fuck her and the horse she rode in on.

57 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

Fuck her and the horse she rode in on.

I'll pass on the horse, thanks.

1 hour ago, Olsonist said:

Hopefully she does and then you can vote for a strong and independent candidate rather than your boy, Shitstain.

I think those who don't support Trump but support Trump might be inclined to vote Tulsi.

11 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

I think those who don't support Trump but support Trump might be inclined to vote Tulsi.

They would if she switched parties. They would spank it so hard they would light their kindling.

• Like 1

Tulsi is #walkaway fantasy at this point. Dems despise her, Republicans won’t vote for her, but like pushing her because Dems hate her and they think, or pretend, she’s someone Dems should love.

She'll be funded by Russians for Republicans as a Jill Stein type of vanity/spoiler candidate.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Olsonist said:

Hopefully she does and then you can vote for a strong and independent candidate rather than your boy, Shitstain.

And you can vote for whoever the DNC picks for you again.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I haven’t heard a peep from Dog about the RNC throwing the race for Trump in 2020, has anyone else?

the only people stanning Tulsi now are people who’d never vote for a dem, much less in a dem primary, and their continued push of her shows their cynical bad faith. So do keep reminding everyone of you dishonesty dog and Tomballs 

2 hours ago, Dog said:

I will be voting for Bernie whether the DNC picks him or not.  

2 hours ago, Dog said:

In the general? Deal. Let no one ever say you’re not a smart Dog.

5 hours ago, Spatial Ed said:

I will be voting for Bernie whether the DNC picks him or not.  

He's way too fucking old - he'd be almost 80 before even starting the job.

IMO he's a selfish asshole to even be in it - all he can do is fuck things up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

He's way too fucking old - he'd be almost 80 before even starting the job.

IMO he's a selfish asshole to even be in it - all he can do is fuck things up.

He's refreshing.

I good with Bernie. Very good, in fact. I’ll vote for a progressive in the primary. I hope to vote for a progressive in the general.

Don't fret.

Yang and Klobuchar are almost done too -  the world will be safely guided by a rich Caucasian septuagenarian well into the next decade. The barbarian upstarts have been thwarted at the gates.  All is good with the world.

Fair warning though.. my 4th favorite Democrat (Elizabeth Warren) is still in the race.  Candidates I like don't do well.  If she's your fav, you have my condolences.

3 hours ago, cmilliken said:

Don't fret.

Yang and Klobuchar are almost done too -  the world will be safely guided by a rich Caucasian septuagenarian well into the next decade. The barbarian upstarts have been thwarted at the gates.  All is good with the world.

Fair warning though.. my 4th favorite Democrat (Elizabeth Warren) is still in the race.  Candidates I like don't do well.  If she's your fav, you have my condolences.

Bummer. Klobuchar sounds like a real player.

5 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

we need the Klob in the senate. Same with the other gals.  Bernie baby!

4 minutes ago, Blue Crab said:

She's been slowly trending up but she's tied for 6th with Yang on the National races and really has no early state to rely on.

Nope.. looks like next winter is going to be old and white.

Just now, cmilliken said:

She's been slowly trending up but she's tied for 6th with Yang on the National races and really has no early state to rely on.

she has zero charisma.  at least warren has that.  So did that black chick from cali.  forgetton already.  The gay guy might show some flare.  I'm thinking a Bernie/Warren ticket.

9 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

I'm thinking a Bernie/Warren ticket.

I think they're going to run into electoral math - eating each others votes and leaving a majority to Biden.

I think EITHER could probably beat Biden but together, I think Biden sneaks by.  He'll pick Warren over Sander's as a VP leaving Sanders as a bride's maid again.

And although together Sanders/Warren could conceivably have more delegates from the proportional system, I can't see the dems putting 2nd/3rd together and leaving 1st off the ticket.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

I think they're going to run into electoral math - eating each others votes and leaving a majority to Biden.

I think EITHER could probably beat Biden but together, I think Biden sneaks by.  He'll pick Warren over Sander's as a VP leaving Sanders as a bride's maid again.

And although together Sanders/Warren could conceivably have more delegates from the proportional system, I can't see the dems putting 2nd/3rd together and leaving 1st off the ticket.

I could support a Biden/Warren or Biden/Gay Guy ticket if and only if Biden holds this one term pledge.   

My millennial kids sure do like the gay guy.

Biden's best by date is long past.

8 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

That's actually kind of unusual, at least according to NPR/PBS.

One of Buttigieg's knocks is that he's more popular amongst the geezer crowd (who see him as a solid 'progressivel' alternative - he is gay afterall) and less popular amongst millennials (who see him as an elitist centrist sell-out).

50 minutes ago, Spatial Ed said:

I could support a Biden/Warren or Biden/Gay Guy ticket if and only if Biden holds this one term pledge.   

Biden's best by date is long past.

Who’s the gay guy ?  And why can’t you say his name ? Afraid of catching what he’s got ? W

you don’t seem to want to look past the fact that Buttigieg is gay ?  Sad I suppose 

1 hour ago, cmilliken said:

She’s putting her hopes on Iowa, you know, the one right next to Minnesota.

you princess and the pea bullshitters are so fucking precious, you only want losers like Gary johnson b3cause they never had a fucking hope.

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

She’s putting her hopes on Iowa, you know, the one right next to Minnesota.

Where she's currently polling 5th :( I had hoped she'd pick up some steam but it looks like too little, too late.

Nope - you win.  Another status quo election after all.   Keep on keeping on till the boomers die.

55 minutes ago, dacapo said:

Who’s the gay guy ?  And why can’t you say his name ? Afraid of catching what he’s got ? W

you don’t seem to want to look past the fact that Buttigieg is gay ?  Sad I suppose 

yeah that's him.  The gay guy.

I think we need a Tulsi Gabbard Gary Johnson Fakebertarian pushup championship.

4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

I read the full transcript of Klobuchar's interview.  Pretty impressive.  She jumped up on my list of candidates.  

I think the Times got it right.  Warren/Klobuchar or Klobuchar/Warren with Bloomberg's $2 Billion would be a hard ticket for the slowly rotting Mango and the dead-eyed Silverfish to compete with.  

3 hours ago, Left Shift said:

I read the full transcript of Klobuchar's interview.  Pretty impressive.  She jumped up on my list of candidates.  

I think the Times got it right.  Warren/Klobuchar or Klobuchar/Warren with Bloomberg's $2 Billion would be a hard ticket for the slowly rotting Mango and the dead-eyed Silverfish to compete with.  

Bloomberg has upped the ante again? First it was half a billion, then this month maybe a billion

On 1/12/2020 at 6:58 PM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Now the NT Times says Bloomberg may $pend a billion...

Michael Bloomberg Is Open to Spending $1 Billion to Defeat Trump

And now $2 billion? Plus an endor$ement from NY Times Inc? I'm glad to see corporations and individuals $peaking out as usual.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Bloomberg has upped the ante again? First it was half a billion, then this month maybe a billion
And now $2 billion? Plus an endor$ement from NY Times Inc? I'm glad to see corporations and individuals $peaking out as usual.

I think one of the absolutely fascinating possible outcomes left would be to see Michael Bloomberg actually give a couple billion dollars to Bernie Sanders in a run for the presidency.   The problem is that the math is tough for anyone not named Biden and Biden is - charitably - an imperfect vehicle to go up against Trump.

27 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Tulsi sues Hillary Clinton for defamation, $50 million in damages. Nope, not acting like a Republican at all. 

gotta find some way to keep her name in the news for another minute

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

gotta find some way to keep her name in the news for another minute

I personally would have preferred a video of her surfing naked.

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Tulsi sues Hillary Clinton for defamation, $50 million in damages. Nope, not acting like a Republican at all. 

Is she related to Nunes?

21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

anyone have a link for that complaint?

https://d3ba7j4nna908t.cloudfront.net/attachments/Tulsi-HRC_2020-01-22_Complaint_filed.pdf

She did say it:

Clinton: "Yeah, she's a Russian asset, I mean, totally.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/oct/22/hillary-clinton-and-whether-she-called-tulsi-gabba/

• Like 1

From complaint:

"Tulsi has been harmed by Clinton’s lies—and American democracy has suffered as well."

has it?

Weak case though IMO and there is that glaring inconsistency in the pleading (Clinton widely known to peddle baseless conspiracy theories and alleged as a nasty, unreliable, and vindictive person, but simultaneously widely believed and credible when claiming Tulsi is an asset). 

All Clinton has to do to prove "asset" is to provide jury with russian-linked tweets or FB posts positive on Tulsi, and there are quite a lot of those.  Still, it will cost Clinton money and time to deal with it, which is probably what Tulsi wants besides trying to recover from her current invisibility.  Tulsi likely drops it at discovery though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

This has me contemplating Matryoshka Tom as my next screen name.

33 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

Unsurprising.

image.png.45d15b64a9a9f17887f00fc488e25ad7.png

I am going to chuckle if the final democratic ticket turns out to be Sanders/Gabbard.

And I'd vote for them in a heartbeat :)

9 minutes ago, cmilliken said:

I am going to chuckle if the final democratic ticket turns out to be Sanders/Gabbard.

And I'd vote for them in a heartbeat :)

If we are allowed to vote or boat, it is doubtful that the party of trump has any person of intelligence or integrity.

9 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I read the complaint and posted my reaction already:

On 1/22/2020 at 12:41 PM, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

What do you think?

43 minutes ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

What do you think?

If we're voting I like it.

You could eventually go for uroboros Tom but that I like the commie version better

2 hours ago, Plenipotentiary Tom said:

What do you think?

Take it to the Tom Ray thread.