Diver tells me that my centerboard has a dangling “wooden stick”. 

Cant be “wood”, but can be the bronze strap that connects 900# bronze centerboard to leadscrew lift mechanism.

Replaced the strap in 2011, and am surprised to have it fail this quickly  

board sits in seawater, with pin/bolt to strap, strap goes to leadscrew  

what alloy to replace,strap and bolts ?

Not sure what alloy the board is made of, Hinckley probably has records, and will ask regards alloy as well. 

On 1/11/2019 at 8:40 PM, LionessRacing said:

Diver tells me that my centerboard has a dangling “wooden stick”. 

Cant be “wood”, but can be the bronze strap that connects 900# bronze centerboard to leadscrew lift mechanism.

I would happily take pix/video if you like.

Appreciate the inputs and offer, photos are from 2011 rebuild.  Large square nut rides the “acme” leadscrew, and connects to strap via loop, to allow board to kick up.  I need to see if Svendsens has record of what they used.  

DAC5C9E3-7AC9-4B4A-9666-B43384885611.jpeg

4942D16A-A025-47A5-82EA-D40D723E025A.jpeg

When you buy "bronze" these days, hard to know what you are getting unless you have it tested. Too much ersatz stuff around, even from some reputable suppliers. I'd use SS or Monel. 

12 hours ago, DDW said:

When you buy "bronze" these days, hard to know what you are getting unless you have it tested. Too much ersatz stuff around, even from some reputable suppliers. I'd use SS or Monel. 

+1 at least... the quality of some of the 'bronzes' (even from reputable companies) has just started to be so spotty (in some cases, such as props, literally) over the last probably decade is 100% real and noticeable... at least in the northeast US...