badlatitude

Mueller Draft Report Says Trump Helped Putin Destabilize The U.S.

Source: Newsweek

Mueller Draft Report Says Trump 'Helped Putin Destabilize the United States', Watergate Journalist Says 

Legendary journalist Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States.” 

Bernstein, who is renowned for his coverage of the Watergate scandal that led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, appeared on CNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday to discuss two bombshell reports released this weekend, one from The New York Times and one from The Washington Post, which revealed new details about whether or not Trump and his aides have colluded with Russia. 

The Post reported that Trump has gone to “extraordinary lengths” to conceal direct conversations he has had with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Times article revealed that the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation into Trump after he fired former bureau director James Comey in 2017, suspecting the president could be working on behalf of Russia. Trump has angrily denied allegations that he worked with Russia and has regularly attacked the media for reporting on the investigation. But Bernstein slammed Trump’s dismissal of the probe. 

“This is about the most serious counterintelligence people we have in the U.S. government saying, ‘Oh, my God, the president’s words and actions lead us to conclude that somehow he has become a witting, unwitting, or half-witting pawn, certainly in some regards, to Vladimir Putin,'” Bernstein explained during his appearance on Reliable Sources .

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-report-trump-helped-putin-destabilize-us-watergate-journalist-1289541

Oh goody.  I've never actually seen a head explode.  Can someone with proper access sneak a GoPro into the Oval Office so we can all enjoy this in real time?   

Now that would be reality TV.

26 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Source: Newsweek

Mueller Draft Report Says Trump 'Helped Putin Destabilize the United States', Watergate Journalist Says 

Legendary journalist Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States.” 

Bernstein, who is renowned for his coverage of the Watergate scandal that led to the resignation of former President Richard Nixon, appeared on CNN’s Reliable Sources on Sunday to discuss two bombshell reports released this weekend, one from The New York Times and one from The Washington Post, which revealed new details about whether or not Trump and his aides have colluded with Russia. 

The Post reported that Trump has gone to “extraordinary lengths” to conceal direct conversations he has had with Russian President Vladimir Putin. The Times article revealed that the FBI opened a counterintelligence investigation into Trump after he fired former bureau director James Comey in 2017, suspecting the president could be working on behalf of Russia. Trump has angrily denied allegations that he worked with Russia and has regularly attacked the media for reporting on the investigation. But Bernstein slammed Trump’s dismissal of the probe. 

“This is about the most serious counterintelligence people we have in the U.S. government saying, ‘Oh, my God, the president’s words and actions lead us to conclude that somehow he has become a witting, unwitting, or half-witting pawn, certainly in some regards, to Vladimir Putin,'” Bernstein explained during his appearance on Reliable Sources .

Read more: https://www.newsweek.com/mueller-report-trump-helped-putin-destabilize-us-watergate-journalist-1289541

My vote is half-wit.................just sayin

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Oh goody.  I've never actually seen a head explode.  Can someone with proper access sneak a GoPro into the Oval Office so we can all enjoy this in real time?   

Now that would be reality TV.

Here’s a preview

What are the other casualties of this? How does the Republican Party survive?  No doubt the Tea Party is dead, Mitch McConnell will surely be the Senate Fall-Guy, maybe along with Lindsey Graham. It sure will be interesting.

46 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

What are the other casualties of this? How does the Republican Party survive?  No doubt the Tea Party is dead, Mitch McConnell will surely be the Senate Fall-Guy, maybe along with Lindsey Graham. It sure will be interesting.

Even if unequivocally true my WAG is that the R's will be weaker at the margins for a cycle or two but that the report isn't an existential threat to the party. 

What utterly stuns me is how normal this seems. I am guessing well over 50% of Republicans could not give one shit if Trump literally calls Putin for orders every morning. As long as Putin is not a Democrat, who cares :rolleyes:

There was a time not all that long ago when no one would have believed this as a movie plot and if it was real, Trump and all his psychopathic minions would be in the deepest hole anyone could find waiting their turn in the electric chair. The Rosenbergs were executed for far less.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, weightless said:

Even if unequivocally true my WAG is that the R's will be weaker at the margins for a cycle or two but that the report isn't an existential threat to the party. 

Noted, but I think if this pans out, the Republican Party will be a pariah and will have to burn it down to recreate itself. You can't have a political party that has its strings pulled by Moscow. Anyone connected to this will be hunted down like wolves after cattle, it will not be pretty.

5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

What utterly stuns me is how normal this seems. I am guessing well over 50% of Republicans could not give one shit if Trump literally calls Putin for orders every morning. As long as Putin is not a Democrat, who cares :rolleyes:

There was a time not all that long ago when no one would have believed this as a movie plot and if it was real, Trump and all his psychopathic minions would be in the deepest hole anyone could find waiting their turn in the electric chair. The Rosenbergs were executed for far less.

um, cause its bullshit and not true?

1 minute ago, Barnacle Balls said:

um, cause its bullshit and not true?

Just keep telling yourself that.

I don't think it is anywhere near 50%, but there is a pinhole view of Liberals that is a damnable vexation for some people.

13 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

You can't have a political party that has its strings pulled by Moscow.

I agree that we absolutely should not. However, I fear that you underestimate the ability of the R's to rationalize. "All politicians are corrupt. All corruption is alike. Therefore our corrupt pols are as moral as any others and they're our team."

1 minute ago, weightless said:

I agree that we absolutely should not. However, I fear that you underestimate the ability of the R's to rationalize. "All politicians are corrupt. All corruption is alike. Therefore our corrupt pols are as moral and any others and they're our team."

If what is being alleged becomes true, it won't matter. The Republican Party will be dead, and no one will be listening.

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

If what is being alleged becomes true, it won't matter. The Republican Party will be dead, and no one will be listening.

I am not so sure. I have seen nothing that makes me think they or their voters care on little bit.

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg?itok=Sv2qohP

1 minute ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I am not so sure. I have seen nothing that makes me think they or their voters care on little bit.

I don't disagree; there are a sizeable number of people who hate everything Democratic. But I guarantee you that a good portion of them will go into hiding and deny ever voting for Trump. That's what happened after Watergate, and the haters didn't resurface again until Reagan.

Greed is great until the only guys who'll lend you money are Russian.and they are asking favors.

If what is revealed, is found to be true,  Trump and his cronies should be shipped somewhere where they never see the light of day again.

God, Putin must be laughing his ass off.

Trump deserves a good waterboarding at the hands of the CIA,  no more polite written questions from Mr Mueller.

Lets face it Trump would give up all he knows in about 38 seconds when faced with that option.

My bet is the membership at Mar-a-lago is gonna plummet.

52 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Noted, but I think if this pans out, the Republican Party will be a pariah and will have to burn it down to recreate itself. You can't have a political party that has its strings pulled by Moscow. Anyone connected to this will be hunted down like wolves after cattle, it will not be pretty.

That only makes sense if Trump is an essential part of the GOP. He isn't. He's a useful idiot to both the GOP and KGB. The establishment, and their loyal lap Dogs, will be more than happy to see him leave, never to come back, as long as they have another useful figurehead to put on the Oval Office. 

For all the angst and bullshit, I think the GOP establishment is smart enough to know they can't be playing to Russia's fiddle. At most, when they burn Trump to a small pile of ashes, they'll take that as a lesson to keep better control of their candidate. Nothing more. No reinvention, no renaissance of new thought, just the same old shit with a different, blander, more strictly managed figurehead running for POTUS.

27 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

I don't disagree; there are a sizeable number of people who hate everything Democratic. But I guarantee you that a good portion of them will go into hiding and deny ever voting for Trump. That's what happened after Watergate, and the haters didn't resurface again until Reagan.

Yup, but that wasn't burning th party to the ground and reinventing it either. Kind of my point. Nixon was a much more integral member of the party that Trump has ever been... and the GOP clearly didn't learn their lesson after him either. They let the process of tarring and feathering of Nixon occur, they kept their mouth shut for a cycle or two, then came back same as they were before with a prettier face. 

7 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

That only makes sense if Trump is an essential part of the GOP. He isn't. He's a useful idiot to both the GOP and KGB. The establishment, and their loyal lap Dogs, will be more than happy to see him leave, never to come back, as long as they have another useful figurehead to put on the Oval Office. 

For all the angst and bullshit, I think the GOP establishment is smart enough to know they can't be playing to Russia's fiddle. At most, when they burn Trump to a small pile of ashes, they'll take that as a lesson to keep better control of their candidate. Nothing more. No reinvention, no renaissance of new thought, just the same old shit with a different, blander, more strictly managed figurehead running for POTUS.

Trump leave? Don't be surprised if the lot of them are aboard Air Force One and it somehow has an accident that causes a horrific crash. It is better to have a martyr than a criminal reminder.

None of it matters. The faithful are deaf, dumb, and blind 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

I think you are underestimating how much Trump has taken over the Republican party. He is the driver of the party now. What he says, they do. Yes, the swamp creatures will latch onto whomevers next - that's what they do - but the Kavanaughs of the world need someone with an R to follow.

33 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

None of it matters. The faithful are deaf, dumb, and blind 

Most aren’t even here. Gutless pieces of shit.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Olsonist said:

Most aren’t even here. Gutless pieces of shit.

busy setting up socks, republicans...who?

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Putin may not have needed to step in, I bet Trump would have screwed the place up anyway :rolleyes:

No, Putin is the enemy and wants to run the show. Trump is an agent for the USSR and I fear the Russians are behind this. Now, the fascists are trying to pull the troops out of Syria! Gutless pieces of shit! God, Putin must be laughing his ass off. Don't be surprised if the lot of them are aboard Air Force One and it somehow has an accident that causes a horrific crash. Remember: Greed is great until the only guys who'll lend you money are Russian.and they are asking favors. Trump has destroyed our collectivist postmodern Marxist panty pissing party and we are very upset.:angry:

3 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

No, Putin is the enemy and wants to run the show. Trump is an agent for the USSR and I fear the Russians are behind this. Now, the fascists are trying to pull the troops out of Syria! Gutless pieces of shit! God, Putin must be laughing his ass off. Don't be surprised if the lot of them are aboard Air Force One and it somehow has an accident that causes a horrific crash. Remember: Greed is great until the only guys who'll lend you money are Russian.and they are asking favors. Trump has destroyed our collectivist postmodern Marxist panty pissing party and we are very upset.:angry:

What's amazing is that Russia is, as has been repeatedly stated, a gas station with a government attached.  Before that, they were a government with a peasant army for sale.  For 1,500 years, Moscow has made its living by interfering and manipulating their neighbors.  They were stunned and mortified when they lost their latest empire, but they believe in their history of being domineering assholes.  Now all they have is piles of money, weapons and a well-structured intent to interfere, disrupt and hit way above their global weight.   They have no economy, no consumers, no market, not really any culture that they haven't borrowed or mimicked.  But they do have ambition - vast, over-weaning ambition. 

Putin meets tRump and sees nothing more than a patsy.  He could have, and probably did bet on other horses.  (I've heard rumors that Bernie Sanders was given a boost).   But with tRump, Putin found someone shamefully ignorant, but useful.  and VERY cheaply bought.  

All we can do now is make the orange fool turn himself into a pretzel of unconvincing denial and watch over some painful, desperate final days.

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Putin helped Jill Stein (green party). He'd have picked Gary Johnson, but Putin knows Libertarians are a fucking joke.

:D

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Putin helped Jill Stein (green party). He'd have picked Gary Johnson, but Putin knows Libertarians are a fucking joke.

I'm pretty sure he, like the rest of us, also knows that Trump and his Republican sheep are even more of a fucking joke, hence the ease in which he can manipulate them.

2 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

These are the same D-average high schoolers that drank engine coolant and yelled, 'Kill a commie for your Mommy'.

3 hours ago, weightless said:

MAGAts are traitorous bitches. Wait till @Dog hears his whistle.

7 hours ago, Left Shift said:

What's amazing is that Russia is, as has been repeatedly stated, a gas station with a government attached.  Before that, they were a government with a peasant army for sale.  For 1,500 years, Moscow has made its living by interfering and manipulating their neighbors. 

How dare they! That's the USG's job! 

BTW - got a link as to where you shallowed this kool-aid from? :rolleyes:

Just now, hermetic said:

so mueller is leaking information now?  right

Never. :D 

41 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:
8 hours ago, Left Shift said:

What's amazing is that Russia is, as has been repeatedly stated, a gas station with a government attached.  Before that, they were a government with a peasant army for sale.  For 1,500 years, Moscow has made its living by interfering and manipulating their neighbors. 

How dare they! That's the USG's job! 

BTW - got a link as to where you shallowed this kool-aid from? :rolleyes:

Well, here's a good start  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Russia

I dunno if I like the sentence "For 1,500 years, Moscow has made its living by interfering and manipulating their neighbors" so much; usually Russian history's simple explanation is something like "Russia's most successful policy has been defensive expansion" because they've been invaded so many times that they're safest when surrounded by sacrificial satellite countries. Certainly the heads of the Russian state have always felt it was their job to fuck over their neighbors whenever possible, to keep them weak and minimize the chance of future invasion (and for pocket money). They've out-endured most of their enemies in eastern Asia, it's Europe that they have big problems with.

-DSK

2 hours ago, hermetic said:

so mueller is leaking information now?  right

If you were half as smart as you think you are you'd see there's nothing in the OP, or Bernstein's comments, that require Mueller or his team to be leaking.

It could - and there's history for this - be people on the Trump side leaking information.

It could also be utter bullshit because there's hits to be generated in these storys.

As noted, I don't think the Mueller report will change anyone's mind about Trump.  Those who love and support his presidency are happy that they got their tax cut, they love the rhetoric about brown people, like the idea of cruelty towards LGBTQ, and above all, anything negative that is said about their fearless leader is FAKE NEWS.  The faithful will simply dismiss the Mueller report as being false, made up by democrats to hurt Trump.  They conveniently forget that Mueller is a Republican, and the DOJ officials in charge of the investigation were appointed by Trump.  But lets not let facts get in the way of their "flat earth" fantasies.  To the base, Donald Trump can sell out our democracy to whomever, and as long as the dems are angry about it, it will be fine---rolling coal from 1600 Penn. Ave.

On the other hand, could you imagine if Barrack Obama had been under investigation by the FBI for being a suspected agent of a foreign power.  The same people that play the "nothing to see here" game, would be losing their minds and calling for him to be jailed at best, or far worse I am sure.

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, sail611 said:

As noted, I don't think the Mueller report will change anyone's mind about Trump.  Those who love and support his presidency are happy that they got their tax cut, they love the rhetoric about brown people, like the idea of cruelty towards LGBTQ, and above all, anything negative that is said about their fearless leader is FAKE NEWS.  The faithful will simply dismiss the Mueller report as being false, made up by democrats to hurt Trump.  They conveniently forget that Mueller is a Republican, and the DOJ officials in charge of the investigation were appointed by Trump.  But lets not let facts get in the way of their "flat earth" fantasies.  To the base, Donald Trump can sell out our democracy to whomever, and as long as the dems are angry about it, it will be fine---rolling coal from 1600 Penn. Ave.

On the other hand, could you imagine if Barrack Obama had been under investigation by the FBI for being a suspected agent of a foreign power.  The same people that play the "nothing to see here" game, would be losing their minds and calling for him to be jailed at best, or far worse I am sure.

For some folks, determining guilt or innocence, culpability or even where one stands on an issue is as simple as checking the party affiliation.  

40 minutes ago, sail611 said:

Dear lord they were calling for his jailing for doing nothing wrong other than being a Democrat (and black).

11 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

For some folks, determining guilt or innocence, culpability or even where one stands on an issue is as simple as checking the party affiliation.  

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Wow you you lose money on football? Over drink?   

“Carl Bernstein has said that he’s been told that special counsel Robert Mueller’s report will show how President Donald Trump helped Russia “destabilize the United States.”

To put that in Tump speak, — people say that Mueller will show Trump helped Russia....

As others have said, Mueller has, so far, been leak proof.   So why are we now going to believe Bernstein’ssources?

When the report comes out, assuming it shows he helped Russia, then hang’em.  But to go off now on hearsay, is foolish.

One of these two (Bernstein or Karl (no Trump fanboy by any stretch)) is going to have egg all over their face when the report comes out.  Of course the lefty PA circle jerk will find Trump guilty no matter what Mueller's report says.  As a matter of fact, they already have.  As evadent...

Jonathan Karl: Mueller report is 'almost certain to be anti-climactic'

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gone Drinking said:

This is my last election ... After my election I have more flexibility

Please let Vlad know.  Hey, who left that mike on?????

4 minutes ago, J28 said:

One of these two (Bernstein or Karl (no Trump fanboy by any stretch)) is going to have egg all over their face when the report comes out.  Of course the lefty PA circle jerk will find Trump guilty no matter what Mueller's report says.  As a matter of fact, they already have.  As evadent...

Jonathan Karl: Mueller report is 'almost certain to be anti-climactic'

The same could be said of the folks on the right - yourself included. 

Of course the righty PA circle jerk will find Trump innocent no matter what Mueller's report says.  As a matter of fact, they already have.  As evadent...

I don’t think the report will be as bad as some of us lefties think, nor as “nothingburger” as our righties would like to believe. Somewhere in between prolly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sean said:

I don’t think the report will be as bad as some of us lefties think, nor as “nothingburger” as our righties would like to believe. Somewhere in between prolly. 

given just a recap of already-done convictions, we know it's not a "nothingburger."

he hires the best criminals, after all.

13 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Of course the righty PA circle jerk will find Trump innocent no matter what Mueller's report says.  As a matter of fact, they already have.  As evadent...

I can honestly say I never rushed to hang any liberal, conservative or even Vlad.  Find the truth, follow the facts and it-is, what-it-is.   There is some proven stink, the issue is how far up does it go.

Rather boring way to do things.  But fair and mature.  

Naaaanie...naaaanie pooo-pooo

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sean said:

Here's the thing. Lefties want a "smoking gun" bad enough for Republicans and the faithful to stop supporting Trump. There won't be one in this report - not because of what Trump's done* or not done - but because there's nothing that will cause the faithful to turn on Shitstain. Righties will treat it as a "nothingburger" because that's what they do. Trump will limp along, dragging the faithful down with him, fucking up shit for another 2 years or maybe 6 unless Trump gets tired of the Presidency or (even more) incapacitated.

The next Democrat President the righties will resurrect the bullshit they brought up during Obama and people will laugh at the Mark Meadows types who ranted about Obama's imperial presidency and then said "sure, pay for a wall with asset forfeiture money" like the transparent whores they are.

*we know already that the President directed his fixer to commit a felony. Think of how apoplectic @Dog would be if it were Hillary.

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

*we know already that the President directed his fixer to commit a felony. Think of how apoplectic @Dog would be if it were Hillary.

That would depend on whether it happened when she was a young Republican or after she made the switch to the democRAT Party.  You are talking about someone with principles. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, weightless said:

Probably correct - look at who supports them.

34 minutes ago, Sean said:

The truth is usually somewhere between the two versions of what happened....

52 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

You are wrong.  If Mueller finds Trump ACTUALLY colluded with the Russians, he can rot in hell as far as I’m concerned.  If other folks who were either directly (Manafort) or peripherally (Page, Papadopoulus, Cohen) involved with the Trump campaign broke laws they should be (and are being) held responsible for any illegal acts they committed.  So far nothing has come to light that indicates anybody was COLLUDING with the Russians.  BTW, a campaign finance violation over paying a porn star to keep her mouth shut about a consensual sexual transaction that occurred a decade before the election is not grounds for impeachment.

I would hope some of our friends on the left would agree there was some very weird shit (technical term) going on in the FBI, DOJ and CIA WRT Trump both during the 2016 campaign and the first year of his administration that needs to be investigated.

1 hour ago, Snore said:

I can honestly say I never rushed to hang any liberal, conservative or even Vlad.  Find the truth, follow the facts and it-is, what-it-is.   There is some proven stink, the issue is how far up does it go.

Rather boring way to do things.  But fair and mature.  

Naaaanie...naaaanie pooo-pooo

So....One is supposed to learn something every day.  In this case, we learn that "Naaaanie...naaaanie pooo-pooo" is a core aspect of being fair and mature.  Got it.

1 hour ago, Bus Driver said:

Given the choice of Guilty without proof or Innocent without proof, I pick Innocent. How about you?

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Here's the thing. Lefties want a "smoking gun" bad enough for Republicans and the faithful to stop supporting Trump. So what you're saying is that lefties want a report that serves their political interests. There won't be one in this report - not because of what Trump's done* or not done - but because there's nothing that will cause the faithful to turn on Shitstain. Nonsense, if there's no smoking gun in the report it will not be because there's nothing that will turn the faithful but because none was found. Righties will treat it as a "nothingburger" because that's what they do. Trump will limp along, dragging the faithful down with him, fucking up shit for another 2 years or maybe 6 unless Trump gets tired of the Presidency or (even more) incapacitated.

The next Democrat President the righties will resurrect the bullshit they brought up during Obama and people will laugh at the Mark Meadows types who ranted about Obama's imperial presidency and then said "sure, pay for a wall with asset forfeiture money" like the transparent whores they are.

Automated Transcript ABC's JON  KARL: “And actually going to the point of investigating whether or not effectively the president was a Russian agent. What I am getting is — this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there were investigations that were building over a year on this. People closest to what Mueller is doing, interactive with the special counsel, cautioned me, this report is certain to be anti-climatic. If you look at what the FBI was investigating in that “New York Times” report, look what they were investigating, Mueller did not go anywhere with that investigation. He’s been writing his report in real-time from the indictments. we’ve seen nothing from Mueller on the central question of was there coordination, collusion, with the Russians in the effort to meddle in the elections? Or was this knowledge with the president or anybody in the campaign, of what the Russians were doing.”

Or you can trust NewsWeak 

Layoff, Fraud, money laundering .... 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

So....One is supposed to learn something every day.  In this case, we learn that "Naaaanie...naaaanie pooo-pooo" is a core aspect of being fair and mature.  Got it.

FFS do you have no sense of humor?

47 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Given the choice of Guilty without proof or Innocent without proof, I pick Innocent. How about you?

Are you on a jury, reviewing an indictment?

6 minutes ago, Snore said:

FFS do you have no sense of humor?

Don't you?  

40 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Automated Transcript ABC's JON  KARL: “And actually going to the point of investigating whether or not effectively the president was a Russian agent. What I am getting is — this is all building up to the Mueller report and raising expectations of a bombshell report. And there were investigations that were building over a year on this. People closest to what Mueller is doing, interactive with the special counsel, cautioned me, this report is certain to be anti-climatic. If you look at what the FBI was investigating in that “New York Times” report, look what they were investigating, Mueller did not go anywhere with that investigation. He’s been writing his report in real-time from the indictments. we’ve seen nothing from Mueller on the central question of was there coordination, collusion, with the Russians in the effort to meddle in the elections? Or was this knowledge with the president or anybody in the campaign, of what the Russians were doing.”

Or you can trust NewsWeak 

Layoff, Fraud, money laundering .... 

He’s wrong in that the convictions already garnered show collusion.

8 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Bullshit

10 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Care to explain?  If not, we’ll assume you’re just intentionally lying.

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

I'm not aware of any convictions showing collusion.  What is glaringly obvious is that Trump works with crooks.

1 hour ago, J28 said:

Care to explain?  If not, we’ll assume you’re just intentionally lying.

define "collusion" - you'll see Flynn's pic in the Wiki.

2 hours ago, J28 said:

You are wrong.  If Mueller finds Trump ACTUALLY colluded with the Russians, he can rot in hell as far as I’m concerned.  If other folks who were either directly (Manafort) or peripherally (Page, Papadopoulus, Cohen) involved with the Trump campaign broke laws they should be (and are being) held responsible for any illegal acts they committed.  So far nothing has come to light that indicates anybody was COLLUDING with the Russians.  BTW, a campaign finance violation over paying a porn star to keep her mouth shut about a consensual sexual transaction that occurred a decade before the election is not grounds for impeachment.

I would hope some of our friends on the left would agree there was some very weird shit (technical term) going on in the FBI, DOJ and CIA WRT Trump both during the 2016 campaign and the first year of his administration that needs to be investigated.

Not if he paid her a decade before the election. Paying her to stay silent weeks before the election is grounds for impeachment. It's election tampering, a violation of election law.

25 minutes ago, benwynn said:

I'm not aware of any convictions showing collusion.  What is glaringly obvious is that Trump works with crooks.

Paul Manafort stands convicted with most charges plea bargained away. You can read his signed and initialed Statement of Offense detailing his collusion with the Ukraine. That's the Ukraine and not Russia but in particular, it was with the pro-Russian Victor Yanukovych). He also provided polling data to Konstantin Kilimnik, a Russian business associate with ties to Russian intelligence.

https://www.justice.gov/file/1094156/download

https://www.justice.gov/file/1094141/download

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/why-would-paul-manafort-share-polling-data-with-russia

2 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Innocent without proof. It’s kinda how the legal system works. 

That doesn’t mean folks can’t share an opinion, as we are just a bunch of schmucks posting in an anonymous forum. 

That said, it’s a shame folks don’t extend the same philosophy WRT Hillary. 

How about you?  Does she deserve the same?

30 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Not if he paid her a decade before the election. Paying her to stay silent weeks before the election is grounds for impeachment. It's election tampering, a violation of election law.

Hardly.  Cohen paid her.  The fact that he didn’t use the correct funds (campaign vs. corporate or private funds) is on him.  He’s a lawyer and his job is to advise his client on how to avoid breaking the law.  Besides, if campaign finance violations are an impeachable offense, we should have impeached Obama:

Obama 2008 campaign fined $375,000

https://www.politico.com/story/2013/01/obama-2008-campaign-fined-375000-085784

50 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

define "collusion" - you'll see Flynn's pic in the Wiki.

That’s not an explanation, that’s a dodge - a deflection.  Which means you were lying in post #61.

11 minutes ago, J28 said:

Hardly.  Cohen paid her.  The fact that he didn’t use the correct funds (campaign vs. corporate or private funds) is on him.  He’s a lawyer and his job is to advise his client on how to avoid breaking the law.  Besides, if campaign finance violations are an impeachable offense, we should have impeached Obama:

Trump directed Cohen to make the payments.   He originally claimed he knew nothing about the payments.  But then Rudy "I Spilled The Beans Again" Giuliani claimed that Trump reimbursed him.

As for Obama:

"The Obama for America campaign committee didn’t file mandatory notices for about 1,300 contributions received just prior to the 2008 presidential election, says the audit report released Thursday. Campaign finance laws require candidates to file notices within 48 hours of contributions of $1,000 or more received less than 20 days before the election.

Most of the missing 48-hour notices came from a transfer on Oct. 24, 2008, from the Obama Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee of the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee, the FEC found. The campaign did report the contributions, but not within the 48-hour time frame, according to the audit."

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/04/fec-audits-obama-08-camp-075359

So your comparison would be like Trump admitting that he DID pay hush money pornstar that he fucked while his wife was pregnant, but admitting it too late. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, benwynn said:

...   ...   ...

So your comparison would be like Trump admitting that he DID pay hush money pornstar that he fucked while his wife was pregnant, but admitting it too late. 

He did not fuck the porn star

Well he fucked her but he didn't pay her

OK he paid her but it was years ago and it was between consenting adults

And if he did pay her right before the election, it STILL wasn't illegal

OK it might have been illegal but it was NOT COLLUSION

-DSK

6 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

He did not fuck the porn star

Well he fucked her but he didn't pay her

OK he paid her but it was years ago and it was between consenting adults

And if he did pay her right before the election, it STILL wasn't illegal

OK it might have been illegal but it was NOT COLLUSION

-DSK

Well that little problem sure mushroomed

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, J28 said:

He claimed he had no idea who she was, never met her, knew nothing about any payment...... Until the pictures came out, and then the little thing with the bank statements, and Cohen, and the Giuliani......

5 hours ago, Snore said:

As others have said, Mueller has, so far, been leak proof.   So why are we now going to believe Bernstein’s sources?

Because, unlike some other journalists, he hasn't said been crowing about his sources giving him information before this about the Mueller report. The guy has a well-earned reputation, and will have cultivated some pretty solid sources in the FBI over time given that rep. It's indeed possible this is nothing, but technically speaking, every report from a secret source (including that by this man bringing down Nixon) is hearsay. That doesn't mean it's not also true.

And, unlike Trump, this guy hasn't been cultivating a reputation for lying through his teeth reflexively.

3 hours ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Well, this sock does. You were logging into the Happy Jack sock to do that about Hillary.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Bullshit

Tourettes playing up again, Dog? 

18 minutes ago, Bent Sailor said:

Well, this sock does. You were logging into the Happy Jack sock to do that about Hillary.

Don't forget his Hillary sock. 

1 hour ago, benwynn said:

Trump directed Cohen to make the payments.   He originally claimed he knew nothing about the payments.  But then Rudy "I Spilled The Beans Again" Giuliani claimed that Trump reimbursed him.

As for Obama:

"The Obama for America campaign committee didn’t file mandatory notices for about 1,300 contributions received just prior to the 2008 presidential election, says the audit report released Thursday. Campaign finance laws require candidates to file notices within 48 hours of contributions of $1,000 or more received less than 20 days before the election.

Most of the missing 48-hour notices came from a transfer on Oct. 24, 2008, from the Obama Victory Fund, a joint fundraising committee of the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee, the FEC found. The campaign did report the contributions, but not within the 48-hour time frame, according to the audit."

https://www.politico.com/story/2012/04/fec-audits-obama-08-camp-075359

Simple question:  where’s the collusion with the Russians?

There will be no impeachment based on hush money payments to a porn star for a consensual sexual transaction that occurred in 2006, regarless of his wife’s health status at the time of said transaction.

Take that to the bank.

7 minutes ago, J28 said:

There will be no impeachment based on hush money payments to a porn star for a consensual sexual transaction that occurred in 2006, regarless of his wife’s health status at the time of said transaction.

Take that to the bank.

Simple answer: Nothing.

Simple question for you:  What in the flying fuck does Obama's campaign finance violation have to do with collusion with the Russians?   That is the specific issue you posted that I was replying to. 

18 minutes ago, J28 said:

Take that to the bank.

You should review the case of John Edwards.  That slime ball used campaign money to hide an affair and he went to trial, barely dodging a potential 30 years in prison. 

2 minutes ago, Clove Hitch said:

You should review the case of John Edwards.  That slime ball used campaign money to hide an affair and he went to trial, barely dodging a potential 30 years in prison. 

But Edwards was a DemocRAT, not an American.