SailBlueH2O

New front page

hmmm...my old bookmark didn't open up SA....roundabout and in ....and found a new front page with no intro or comments ...still sipping on first coffee

What is this "front page" of which you write? I've heard about it, does it actually exist?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

hmmm...my old bookmark didn't open up SA....roundabout and in ....and found a new front page with no intro or comments ...still sipping on first coffee

Kind of more resembles Scot's hated Scuttlebutt site!!! LOL

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikewof said:

What is this "front page" of which you write? I've heard about it, does it actually exist?

Silly me  I always went there first even though I found myself rarely reading the "article" under the headlines......

IMO it is very difficult and uncomfortable on your eyes....big ..bold...in your face..I just bookmarked the Forums now...figure if the was anything worth reading on the FP...I find it via the Forum hub bub...then go read it...

I'd be curious to hear why the new FP is improved

1 hour ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Can you tell me what the link in your bookmark was?  Copy/Paste to here or via PM would be great.   

1 minute ago, danruss said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Can you tell me what the link in your bookmark was?  Copy/Paste to here or via PM would be great.   

sent

Looks like there will be one "headline" article, then just pics with obscure taglines for the other pics (or you can click "next" to read the next article).     The additional pics need more than tags to describe their content, and I detest clicking "next" to read something I may have no interest in...  Perhaps add the first few sentences of the article.   Scrolling was so much more convenient ;)   

While the new look is more bold.... and I hate to sound old and crotchety, I prefer the furniture in the original locations 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, danruss said:

Just click on Sailing "Anarchy Home" at the top of this page, then bookmark it.

1 minute ago, billy backstay said:

Just click on Sailing "Anarchy Home" at the top of this page, then bookmark it.

The issue has been fixed.....but I tried that and it did not work either

I like the bigger ads that take up more  space of whatever else is there!!!!

1 minute ago, VWAP said:

I like the bigger ads that take up more  space of whatever else is there!!!!

I have drawn a line, not as a result of this new FP,  but a while back, I decided not to register for commenting on Disqus....enough is enough

2 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

ARGGHHHH!!! Kill it with fire!

Not sure if an update just occurred this morning, but looks different (still bold, but now back to the legacy format of listing the articles).

3 minutes ago, IrieMon said:

Not sure if an update just occurred this morning, but looks different (still bold, but now back to the legacy format of listing the articles).

Agree...I just took a peek...IMO....still needs to be reduced...borders too big still

So to "comment" there you must log in anew with your social media or another set of id/pw???  No way gonna link SA with that, sorry. Good way to limit random comments.

4 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

oh jeez... someone bought some software..  

one thing though,  adblock is doing a better job..  not one ad

3 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

oh jeez... someone bought some software..  

one thing though,  adblock is doing a better job..  not one ad

I've been getting political ads on the sidebars...   ;-)

When did we lose the "Where the Status Quo Blows" motto for "Speak Your Mind" on the FP?

9 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

I see that the ability to attach files in this forum  disappeared when you post a reply, but there are other ways..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVugX6xB1VMmy-5o6Y1OF

Yeahe, that works......             :)

I was disappointed to see the classifieds go to $25. I would have been happy to pay $5 but $25?  Makes it tough to sell anything for less than a couple of hundred dollars.

Speak your mind???? WTF pussy shit is that all about. This is making scuttlebutt look edgy.

9 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVugX6xB1VMmy-5o6Y1OF

Yeahe, that works......             :)

yes it is working

ugly-women-with-huge-tits-2.jpg

I find it very visually distracting that the background scrolls with the content, but the ads don't.  Maybe it's because there is so much background graphic visible.

On 1/16/2019 at 5:58 AM, billy backstay said:

Kind of more resembles Scot's hated Scuttlebutt site!!! LOL

Oh boy, another Word press blog.
No more imagination?
What is the world coming too?

21 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Unless I click desktop mode I get no ads at all :)

There are ads?

Have to say not a fan, first Wordpress, then a format that makes it almost impossible to read. 

I can see where they were trying to go, they just haven't got there yet.

4 minutes ago, Bob The Builder 123 said:

Have to say not a fan, first Wordpress, then a format that makes it almost impossible to read. 

I can see where they were trying to go, they just haven't got there yet.

Yusse to saye "you cantte gette theire frome hearer"                                         :)