DA-WOODY

RIP - PB ........ care to comment

5 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

????????

Dangers of going in water when there is Surf.

the above is a Strong RIP that will Suck anything Out to Sea

swimming against it to get back to shore is Futile 

just over a week ago a guy hopped in one to save his dog

he died, Dog was fine

• Like 1

Aka "lookit the nice calm part without the surf let's take the kiddies in there."  RIP 

Yeah....and that one isn't pulling all that hard either. It does save one from a bash paddling back out though.........:D

7 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

Dangers of going in water when there is Surf.

the above is a Strong RIP that will Suck anything Out to Sea

swimming against it to get back to shore is Futile 

just over a week ago a guy hopped in one to save his dog

he died, Dog was fine

My dog got caught in a fierce rip at the Outer Banks in early May. The surf was huge and the water was maybe 50 :o Out to sea he was going and there was no way I could swim out in those waves and freezing water. I ran way up the beach yelling and he saw me and took off at an angle towards me. He got pummeled by some big surf and dragged himself ashore. We walked back to where our towels were and he settled down to recover. 10 minutes later he went right back out :o:angry: He rode the rip out and then angled back like before and loved it. Chessies are tough.

In the Video there are 3-4 people and a dog playing on Slimey Wet Cliffs right above middle of the RIP

I expected to see one then another and another going in to save the one before them

People are STUPID

If you are infact a Strong Swimmer and in shape and have your senses about you a RIP is Just another ride in the surf

those only able to live by standing in no deeper than their waist are Darwin Candidates 

DAGO has a Great LifeGuard Program with All the Toys

Response time to save someone caught in that would be at least 30-60 min from the time someone noticed they needed help

in that amount of time the person would have been sucked out of the RIP all together or would be gone

that's my guess anyway

Thank fucking goodness! From the thread title I thought Point Break bought the farm.

You need to think these things through, Woodster.

• Like 1

If the mutt was on a leash it would not have happened....and I am not a control freak about leashed dogs....the guy that died did not understand those conditions ...he should have been aware of where the high surf had been rolling up on the beach, he and muttley were walking in the danger zone... filed away in stuff happens file

Bad spot/time to drop Fido's ball ... again

50252872_1992666230789370_9145785428337491968_o.jpg

what could possibly go wrong 1 day after other guy died

23 minutes ago, SailBlueH2O said:

Is that DOT rip rap  erosion control?

originally Great Minds aquired funding to place such rocks at base of cliffs to stop erosion 

GAWD uses said rocks as a Tool to Grind away the base of the cliffs

anywhere you see them the cliff has been carved out behind the rocks

the exception being where they cover the beach & cliffs with enough rocks to compleatly hide the cliff

who knows the longterm effects

Regardless that FUCKS the beach and cliff into just a rock pile that limits the natural sand replenishment ... Something Always Suffers when you Fix something in Nature !!

• Like 1

Looks like a fairly gloomy day at the beach.

I guess I spent too much time on/in the water to see any big deal there.

On the other hand, a perfectly fit looking woman nearly drowned on a placid beach with no substantial current a few years ago because she panicked when the sand pulled out beneath her feet as she was standing in 2 feet of water..... Off the ledge she fell into 5 feet of water, and started thrashing around, and screaming. Thankfully a calm local character walked into the water and dragged her by her hair up on to the beach.....

Some people just shouldn't go near water...... Or own pets..... Or be allowed to reproduce.