Sign in to follow this  
Grande Mastere Dreade

everyone hates squirrels ... but....

Recommended Posts

Quote

Engineers in Switzerland say they’ve found a way to make a four-legged robot even harder to fight off during the eventual robopocalypse. In a new paper, published Wednesday in Science Robotics, they describe a system that trains the bot to move faster than ever, while still being able to resist attempts to knock it over…

 

maybe we should attempt to start a squirrel army to distract these things when they attack..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:
Quote

Engineers in Switzerland say they’ve found a way to make a four-legged robot even harder to fight off during the eventual robopocalypse. In a new paper, published Wednesday in Science Robotics, they describe a system that trains the bot to move faster than ever, while still being able to resist attempts to knock it over…

maybe we should attempt to start a squirrel army to distract these things when they attack..

Sqirrelles clones...... wowe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not everyone......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love squirrels boiled, roasted on a stick... 

I know old joke but someone had to say ot 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife did rescue work with squirrels. Had a great time working with them. Very funny animals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 10:01 PM, SloopJonB said:

Not everyone......

Yeah.  I don't hate squirrels. 

Of course I don't have avocado trees either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Yeah.  I don't hate squirrels. 

Of course I don't have avocado trees either.  

I don't like it when they eat my fruit but I have dogs and cats for that, and other ways of dealing with the few who figure out how to get past the dogs and cats.

I also have lots of oaks, which are squirrel factories, and the hawks to go with them. I like the oaks. I like the hawks. Hawks gotta eat. So I like the squirrels.

My animals are pretty good defense but don't go out and hunt squirrels, at least not successfully, outside the yard. My brother has a big, beautiful male Siamese that's the stupidest cat I have ever met, very sweet to everyone, and kills and eats a squirrel almost every day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Contumacious Tom said:

My brother has a big, beautiful male Siamese that's the stupidest cat I have ever met, very sweet to everyone, and kills and eats a squirrel almost every day.

Ounce you go sqirrelle you nevere go backe.                    :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 2:02 PM, Guitar said:

Wife did rescue work with squirrels. Had a great time working with them. Very furry animals.

fify

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squirrels.... fur covered devil children.

Evil wire chewing, roof gnawing,fruit /vegetable stealing, fur bearing bikers w/o chains....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

when my wife's dog (greyhound) stayed at her dad's house out in east texas, there wasn't a slow squirrel around for miles..

When my wife's dog (greyhound) was running through our field at 40 mph and a bunny lept into his path such that ALL he had to do was open his mouth and catch it, he neatly jumped over it and continued. Which is probably why he was fired as a race dog very young.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I, ummmm, I sort of like squirrels. Yeah they can be a pain in the ass, rob the bird feeders and the like..... but they are clever little buggers and put on a good show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are a major pain in the ass if they get in your house or garage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squirrels keep my dog entertained daily.  They steal from the bird feeder and she tries to stop them.  She just can't understand why dogs have not evolved tree-climbing ability.  "Squirrel" and "cat" are two of the few words she knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who hates squirrels has never had to seriously battle rats in their attic and walls. I am a master with .25 inch contruction cloth and stapler. Also useful is a combo of of unrolled copper dish scrubbbers and aerosol insulating foam. Stuff that copper mesh in a hole and squirt that foam into it and thats that. I have a family dying of thirst in my attic right now or else they are already dead. Makes my heart soar to think about it. Three nights listening to them try to chew through wire was creepy. They sound like they weigh 15 lbs when they get desparate. Wish women acted that way sometimes :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, dash34 said:

Squirrels keep my dog entertained daily.  They steal from the bird feeder and she tries to stop them.  She just can't understand why dogs have not evolved tree-climbing ability.  "Squirrel" and "cat" are two of the few words she knows.

It's funny the words they learn. If I say "otter" Luke will run out to the pond looking for his buddy.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Anyone who hates squirrels has never had to seriously battle rats in their attic and walls. I am a master with .25 inch contruction cloth and stapler. Also useful is a combo of of unrolled copper dish scrubbbers and aerosol insulating foam. Stuff that copper mesh in a hole and squirt that foam into it and thats that. I have a family dying of thirst in my attic right now or else they are already dead. Makes my heart soar to think about it. Three nights listening to them try to chew through wire was creepy. They sound like they weigh 15 lbs when they get desparate. Wish women acted that way sometimes :)

I tried and tried to keep them out of my attic, but they find a way in anyway. They don't go for traps, but they just can't be there - shit and fire risk. So I started baiting - which I hate because some sick rat is going to wander off outside to die and make a carnivore sick or dead, but there's really no choice - the rats had to go. 

It took a day for them to stop making noise. I re-bated the bait stations and checked back - the bait is still there. My new and improved idea is to bait the area thoroughly and simply suppress the numbers in the house to zero. Keep the place baited and hopefully the local rat-eating fauna can recover. Difethialone - one and done for roof rats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if it is on the internet it must be true. Haven't removed living things thank god. Remember Lemmywinks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this