JimBowie

Mythical Front Page Upgrade

hard to believe this is considered an improvement, or was worthy of time or money spent...

put down the bottle ed, and get a clue..

oh yeah, one more thing....server response is horrible...pry open that wallet, and upgrade to a server that actually has some bandwidth..

This blows!   No longer can you peruse the FP items, you now need to click on each to see what the deal is.   Instead of scolling you have to click clik click.   Given that clicks convert to cash I think this is a blatant attempt to drive up his click counts.  That is the motivation for the change here. 

1 minute ago, OC Racer said:

This blows!   No longer can you peruse the FP items, you now need to click on each to see what the deal is.   Instead of scolling you have to click clik click.   Given that clicks convert to cash I think this is a blatant attempt to drive up his click counts.  That is the motivation for the change here.

SA could be leaking....

Why not upgrade your Wordpress account from $0 to $20 and get access to beautiful templates to create attractive functional pages like suc

snarky.jpg

LOOK SCOOTER!  This just in!! You can add the state-of-the-art BLOCKCHAIN to your crappy FP now!  Why risk having script kiddie hackers jacking with your site?  Why put up with bullshit Forum posters deleting their offending trash talk?  BLOCKCHAIN them basturds.  Irrefutable.  Guaranteed to track and account for all their bullshit!  Just Do It!!

https://thecoinshark.net/wordpress-launches-beta-version-of-publishing-blockchain-platform/

18_01_WordPress-1.jpg

Not one aspect is improved in any way from the old site. Discuss is just horrible. I give up. Just not worth it any more

15 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

I will not register with Disquis.......enough is enough.....don't need one more thing in my life...kind of  like being asked at the cash register "would you like to sign up for our credit card"....

You must shop Home Depot.

20 minutes ago, Varan said:

You must shop Home Depot at a bigger chain store.

It's everywhere. Makes me want to fight through all the people with credit cards, and taste this! and old people with walkers and all those fucking children.

This thread needs b00bs

450460.jpg

Simple question - do i spend more time on SA due to the change?  The answer is NO - confusing, hard to navigate, etc. I found I am already going to other sites to get the same news as they are easier to navigate, and I am getting time back as I am less likely to go to the forums.

Hope ed likes it.

I've struggled with this new design for few days now but it's so bloody horrible that I'm giving up. I'm off.

Gray san serif letters on a translucent grey background with print-through logos. Next best thing to dazzle camouflage. One less page to bother with.

Cheers,

Earl

It is as if the FP is a parallel universe...I know it is there but there is a force preventing me from entering

2 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

It is as if the FP is a parallel universe...I know it is there but there is a force preventing me from entering

Lucky you, i just looked and....................nothing to see here, move along please.

8 hours ago, Irrational 14 said:

SA Front Page RIP 12-31-18

New FP is horrible unless you're an advertiser. Total FAIL.

Actually it won't be good for advertisers if we all stop reading it and skip straight to the forum. Less readers, less clicks, less money. Total FAIL is correct. 

New FP really sucks. Used to check it several times a week. Now I can't even figure out what I'm looking at. Ad-friendly, I guess. User-friendly, not at all. Too bad. I'll miss it. 

Grumpy_Old_Men_Brewing.jpg

So, I click the 'read on' link on the Conceptually Speaking article which takes me to another page where there's apparently nothing more to read on about and then click on the 'leave a reply' link which takes me to nowhere. Kooky shit Sailing Anarchy! 

1 hour ago, Funslut said:

So, I click the 'read on' link on the Conceptually Speaking article which takes me to another page where there's apparently nothing more to read on about and then click on the 'leave a reply' link which takes me to nowhere. Kooky shit Sailing Anarchy! 

Nothing works anymore. I blame Global Wanking.

2 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Nothing works anymore. I blame Global Wanking.

thanks obama

Need to press refresh to see the latest fp posts even when launching a new browser window - or the whole browsing program. Without an active refresh you only see the content that your system loaded previously. If one hasn't figured this out, one thinks the page hasn't been updated in daze.

I have tried to look at it but I agree it is a total user-unfriendly experience.

Scot must be looking at the numbers and seeing a sharp fall off in attention on the FP.   The articles just do not grab you and pull you in like the prior format.

Boobs fix everything 

51478b14652a76180709e5531fbf91f1.jpg

At this point, The Ed just needs to suck it up, get a real job and that will provide the budget$ to BRING BACK THE CLEAN.  MAKE SA GREAT AGAIN!!!!!!!

Having observed it now for a bit, I’d say it’s even less relevant than before

47 minutes ago, Je Prefere said:

Having observed it now for a bit, I’d say it’s even less relevant than before

Was it ever relevant?

10 hours ago, mad said:

Was it ever relevant?

I think there was something in 2009 that was quite trenchant. Unfortunately, I can't remember what it was. It probably involved tits if I remember it at all.

So I need to manually refresh the page in my browser or it never shows me a new version? 

That's a very unique way to present new material Ed. 

At first it seemed fine. The old version I like once it was consistent in opening a new tab/window when something was clicked on.  Easy to navigate, ads available but not intrusive. Now? The new version: does not connect to the forums, what's the point of that? More graphics with nothing more of value.

Needs work.

30 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

At first it seemed fine. The old version I like once it was consistent in opening a new tab/window when something was clicked on.  Easy to navigate, ads available but not intrusive. Now? The new version: does not connect to the forums, what's the point of that? More graphics with nothing more of value.

Needs work.

a few days ago I scrolled back through FP articles then opened  the comment section....out of 5 articles there were 3 comments total...that tells me no one is reading the article because one thing is certain we like to pop off on anything we read...and we especially will not read if we can't pop off on

• Like 1

capitalism is working....the innovation on display here is hitting with a resounding "it sucks"....

11 hours ago, SailBlueH2O said:

a few days ago I scrolled back through FP articles then opened  the comment section....out of 5 articles there were 3 comments total...that tells me no one is reading the article because one thing is certain we like to pop off on anything we read...and we especially will not read if we can't pop off on

All the non sailors over in pa have no reason to look at the front page . And they all  way too old to worry about the the SCOTW

Umm... Not good. Was there any analytics done prior? Rookie effort. Go Rams!

Tom "Timeless" Brady and his Billie's Bullies gonna shit all over Scooters nutless Rams Sunday. "Know what the sheep say when the Scooter drives by in his pickup?  Daaaaaadddddddyyyyy!"