The Joker

Trump just canceled Pelosi’s flight

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a stinging and curt letter, Trump said her trip has been "postponed."

He wrote: "Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-denies-pelosi-aircraft-for-foreign-trip-in-response-to-call-for-state-of-the-union-delay

Yep.  

The delegation was on an Air Force bus leaving for the Airport. 

When Trump pulled the plug. 

Why do I have a hunch The Joker thinks this it was bad for Speaker Pelosi to suggest the SOTU be postponed, but this retaliation is good?

Uh Oh, I think the gloves are off.........how far will the petulant pettiness go.

Wonder how many of the Guvmint workers will just look elsewhere for paying work.

The Joke(r) thinks of it as winning.

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Why do I have a hunch The Joker thinks this it was bad for Speaker Pelosi to suggest the SOTU be postponed, but this retaliation is good?

He probably does, I think that both are nothing more than a partisan pissing match, and hope both of 'em get wet. 

2 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

because The Joker loves cream of Mushroom

No, I imagine Joker likes to see Pelosi put into her proper,  subservient to the people of the US, place.

Just now, warbird said:

No, I imagine Joker likes to see Pelosi put into her proper,  subservient to the people of the US, place.

But, let King Donald do whatever he'd like, right?

3 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Actually I find both things sad and funny. 

I’m on record saying Trump should submit his report in writing and then give the SOTU speech at a rally 

As to the Pelosi trip.  Does anyone have a problem with her heading off to Europe instead of trying to end the shut down?  

Just now, Bus Driver said:

He has a job to do. Can't be done while Nancy  is out of country...

Just now, The Joker said:

Actually I find both things sad and funny. 

I’m on record saying Trump should submit his report in writing and then give the SOTU speech at a rally 

As to the Pelosi trip.  Does anyone have a problem with her heading off to Europe instead of trying to end the shut down?  

Personally, I think the trip should be postponed.  To be perfectly honest, I think Congress and the President should have their pay frozen and be required to hammer out a deal before leaving DC for any reason.  Fat chance of that happening.

• Like 8

Just now, warbird said:

Hard to leave the bargaining table in a huff if you are the only one there.  Why act like a petulant child if there's no audience.  

But let's not argue about blame, there's plenty to go around.  

2 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not king, but he is the CIC and has every right to order the Air force not to fly her to Europe. 

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Personally, I think the trip should be postponed.  To be perfectly honest, I think Congress and the President should have their pay frozen and be required to hammer out a deal before leaving DC for any reason.  Fat chance of that happening.

We agree.  

warbird loves cream of mushroom too.

What does your scokpuppet Razr like?

Just now, Bus Driver said:

I don't see that changing the calculus at all. Donnie picked a stupid fight with no good endgame and keeps amping up the rhetoric. He's done this before, he's lost before. It's what Donnie does - lose.

Just now, nacradriver said:

What does your scokpuppet Razr like?

I like watching you rant like an addled conspiracy loon.

you'll have to ask razr what his opinion is.

So this is how Mr Art-Of-The-Deal negotiates? Seems effective.

3 minutes ago, Nice! said:

So this is how Mr Art-Of-The-Deal negotiates? Seems effective.

Well it keeps the other side in town. 

It's the best he can do. Vladimir refused to give him a couple of GRU spooks armed with polonium for Christmas. He won't even kill a journalist for Donnie.

It must have been wonderful for the idiot when his staff told him he could do this. Cold McD's all around and lots of cheering.

Agree the Nancy should stay and try and work things out, and also Nancy and her gang flitting of to Europe is poor optics.

Equally Donnie is not gonna budge cause if he does there goes a portion of his base and he loves his base and VV, there is not gonna be an outcome that is positive for Donnie and at the end of the day it is always gonna be the dems fault despite him owning the problem on National TV.

I really don't a windbag bullshitting the State of The Union is required, we all know under his tenure -its FUCKED.

25 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Trump and Pelosi should have their pay cut and locked in a Holiday Inn just outside of Bumfuck Flats, Idaho  until one of them emerges with a deal. What happens to other is irrelevant

• Like 1

Congress has the power of the purse. Can Congress deny funds for Air Force 1?

34 minutes ago, The Joker said:
38 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Not king, but he is the CIC and has every right to order the Air force not to fly her to Europe. 

It's correct and proper for the C-in-C to give military orders based on personal grudges, or partisan pissing matches?

When will it become correct and proper for President Trump to order the Air Force to bomb Democratic Party leaders houses?

-DSK

Just now, Steam Flyer said:

It's correct and proper for the C-in-C to give military orders based on personal grudges, or partisan pissing matches?

When will it become correct and proper for President Trump to order the Air Force to bomb Democratic Party leaders houses?

-DSK

About quarter after 5 this evening - to give me enough time to get across the mountain first. 

1 minute ago, saxdog said:

probably not immediately, but in the next authorization cycle? sure.

39 minutes ago, warbird said:

But everyone else can do their job while Trump is out of his mind?

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

-DSK

“The bombing begins in five minutes”.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HuronBouy said:

Trump and Pelosi should have their pay cut and locked in a Holiday Inn just outside of Bumfuck Flats, Idaho  until one of them emerges with a deal. What happens to other is irrelevant

Trump has been donating his entire salary to charities since he was elected.

31 minutes ago, Happy said:

It's the best he can do. Vladimir refused to give him a couple of GRU spooks armed with polonium for Christmas. He won't even kill a journalist for Donnie.

It must have been wonderful for the idiot when his staff told him he could do this. Cold McD's all around and lots of cheering.

Right - because Trump just butt-fucked Vlad with his Star Wars Part Deux announcement.  So reminiscent of how Ronnie Ray Gun broke the back of the Soviet Union.

#WINNING!

3 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Like the Trump Foundation?

• Like 2

The more important thing is that the White house described her itinerary..... Including a stop in Afghanistan..... A major security breach.

She's #3 to the hot seat. You don't go around telling when the next to next president is going into a war zone, unless you truly intend to fuck them over.

"Go ahead and use commercial airlines to do your publicity stunt" ..... Meanwhile Isis is moving RPGs to deliberate positions..... Good thinking there Don..... What a fucking mind trust you are!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

And collecting many times that in payments to his properties as a result of his position.

And why haven't you made my ignore list yet? I thought you had already......

• Like 1

Just now, Mrleft8 said:

And collecting many times that in payments to his properties as a result of his position.

Oh! Funny you were already there! But sometimes the ignore function doesn't work, apparently.... (I've had the same issue with Jo-ker, and a few others..... Mostly creepy Australians...)

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, J28 said:

Right - because Trump just butt-fucked Vlad with his Star Wars Part Deux announcement.  So reminiscent of how Ronnie Ray Gun broke the back of the Soviet Union.

#WINNING!

Nothing says "conservative" like vaporizing billions of dollars with defense industry bullshit. Remember the fucking joke that was the ABL under W? His dumbass space idea? Even some engineers in the programs thought they were a fucking joke.

Nancy has made alternate arrangements.

512716988.jpg

Oh wait, maybe not.

14 minutes ago, J28 said:
20 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

“The bombing begins in five minutes”. 

Careful.

That was when Russia was the enemy, not your best buddy. Putin will not be amused

-DSK

6 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

palmface_400x400.jpg

Next up: How about those tax returns Mr. Trump?

19 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

So, it wouldn't hurt him in the least.  But, he wouldn't get to brag about what a generous guy he is, so his ego will take a hit.

THAT would be the ultimate sacrifice.

The more important thing is that the White house described her itinerary..... Including a stop in Afghanistan..... A major security breach.

She's #3 to the hot seat. You don't go around telling when the next to next president is going into a war zone, unless you truly intend to fuck them over.

"Go ahead and use commercial airlines to do your publicity stunt" ..... Meanwhile Isis is moving RPGs to deliberate positions..... Good thinking there Don..... What a fucking mind trust you are!

Pelosi’s trip wasn’t the last minute self indulgent impulse decision Trump would have everyone believe. He must have known for months beforehand.

And all this from the man who got up and walked out of the negotiating room in less than a minute and hasn’t reconvened..............

4 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

Careful.

That was when Russia was the enemy, not your best buddy. Putin will not be amused

-DSK

Get a clue.  The “Democrat Party leaders’ houses” are the targets in YOUR delusion.

22 minutes ago, Barnacle Balls said:

Bully for him he is still a cunt and so is she. The point was they need to negotiate union/ management style locked in room and have at er

2 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

Pelosi’s trip wasn’t the last minute self indulgent impulse decision Trump would have everyone believe. He must have known for months beforehand.

And all this from the man who got up and walked out of the negotiating room in less than a minute and hasn’t reconvened..............

Are you not payin’ attention, or are you just stoopid?

• Downvote 2

Hmmm.  Trump shut down the govt then hopped on a plane to Iraq on an obvious PR move after being shamed for Two years into going.

SAD!

9 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

So you have no problem with Pelosi leaving for a week while the government is shut down? 

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

So you have no problem Pelosi leaving for a week while the government is shut down? 

So you have no problem with Trump holding the US economy as hostage while the government is shut down?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

So you have no problem with Pelosi leaving for a week while the government is shut down? 

She could be back in a minimum of 12 hours if Donnie walk-out comes to his senses.

Id rather someone be interested in the rational, stable projection of US foreign policy while big changes are occurring in the EU. 

Donnie has ignored our NATO allies, but I appreciate Pelosi remembering our allies and listening to and supporting  them.

1 minute ago, phillysailor said:

She could be back in a minimum of 12 hours if Donnie walk-out comes to his senses.

Id rather someone be interested in the rational, stable projection of US foreign policy while big changes are occurring in the EU. 

Donnie has ignored our NATO allies, but I appreciate Pelosi remembering our allies and listening to and supporting  them.

Maybe NATO will send her a plane..... That would be awesome! (But Trump would probably deny them landing and departure permission)

2 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Egypt and Afghanistan are in the EU and NATO?

Trump has not ignored NATO.  He has put the Euros on notice that they need to be paying their agreed upon share.

In fact, Germany is now looking for foreigners to fill their commitments since they can't get enough recruits from Germany.

From the cite:

BERLIN (Reuters) - Struggling to fill its ranks, Germany's military is drawing up plans to recruit nationals from other European countries as part of a drive to beef up the armed forces.

Defence Minister Ursula von der Leyen wants to recruit Poles, Italians and Romanians, magazine Der Spiegel said, citing a ministry document.

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Trump could end the shutdown right now, wall or no wall. His responsibility... he is using blackmail, he is passing on blame, he is interfering with Congress business, and he has put Pelosi et al at heightened security risk should they proceed.

39 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

the ignore function doesn't work, apparently.

Go to your ignore page and make sure you've selected what you want to ignore -- posts in this case. When you put someone on ignore you need to check what you content of theirs you want to ignore. The Default is that nothing is ignored. You can change the setting by clicking on user profiles on the ignore page.

Meanwhile Mitch is pissing off on an "Issues retreat" with several of his GOP colleagues, hopefully they are working on a work around for the lunatic in charge but my guess- they won't be.

Meanwhile federal employees are reliant upon donations to keep food on their table and rent and mortgages paid,  while Donnie does not fuckin care. Winning?

Political Suicide comes to mind,  but hey if he's doing Vlads bidding, he has outperformed Vlads wildest dreams.

4 minutes ago, weightless said:

Go to your ignore page and make sure you've selected what you want to ignore -- posts in this case. When you put someone on ignore you need to check what you content of theirs you want to ignore. The Default is that nothing is ignored. You can change the setting by clicking on user profiles on the ignore page.

Yeah.... I have all the boxes checked, but sometimes the gremlins still appear uninvited.

1 minute ago, Navig8tor said:

Meanwhile Mitch is pissing off on an "Issues retreat" with several of his GOP colleagues, hopefully they are working on a work around for the lunatic in charge but my guess- they won't be.

Meanwhile federal employees are reliant upon donations to keep food on their table and rent and mortgages paid,  while Donnie does not fuckin care. Winning?

Political Suicide comes to mind,  but hey if he's doing Vlads bidding, he has outperformed Vlads wetest dreams.

FTFY

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

Yeah.... I have all the boxes checked, but sometimes the gremlins still appear uninvited.

Never click on "Show new posts", always use F5 to refresh instead. That should eliminate most of the problems right there. The other time they appear is when you post something and someone has answered before your post appears. Again, use F5 to put everything to rights.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

I sure hope Ivanka and Jerad don't have plans for a government aircraft to go to Davos.

They'll be taking a private jet to Vail, or some such spot..... For 4 days.... At the cost of what most people would think of as a pretty good life time's worth of wages.

Just now, Ishmael said:

Never click on "Show new posts", always use F5 to refresh instead. That should eliminate most of the problems right there. The other time they appear is when post something and someone has answered before your post appears. Again, use F5 to put everything to rights.

Thanks.

Seems it used to be that when you put someone on ignore, you didn't even see the "You have chosen to ignore posts by special shit" Options... Show this post.... etc. They just weren't there.

When did that change?

2 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

They'll be taking a private jet to Vail, or some such spot..... For 4 days.... At the cost of what most people would think of as a pretty good life time's worth of wages.

Is that before or after they drop Don Jr in Africa to relieve Elephants of their tails?

Thanks.

Seems it used to be that when you put someone on ignore, you didn't even see the "You have chosen to ignore posts by special shit" Options... Show this post.... etc. They just weren't there.

When did that change?

I can only remember that it used to be much larger and obtrusive, I don't recall never seeing it.

1 hour ago, Cal20sailor said:

Like the Trump Foundation?

Trump Foundation shut down amid allegations of misuse of funds.  Maybe he could use it for legal fees?

2 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I can only remember that it used to be much larger and obtrusive, I don't recall never seeing it.

May have been a tree, or tractor forum...... I know it was very nice. And when people quoted those that you had on ignore, the quotes would be blank spaces, with only the response showing.

1 hour ago, HuronBouy said:

Now just *why* do you guys keep giving the Senate fuckwit McConnell a free pass? If he put the legislation up for a vote things could progress.

Currently TRUMP is irrelevant if the Senate actually did its job. He'd only become relevant by vetoing the bill. Then it'd be a question of compromise or sufficient to override his veto.

McConnell is a spineless puppet and should either do his job or fuck off out of the way. His colleagues are equally gutless for not removing him.

FKT

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

McConnell is a spineless puppet and should either do his job or fuck off out of the way. His colleagues are equally gutless for not removing him.

FKT

McConnell is a political killer doing his masters bidding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fakenews said:

Hmmm.  Trump shut down the govt then hopped on a plane to Iraq on an obvious PR move after being shamed for Two years into going.

SAD!

Ok let’s review.   Trump gets rightly criticized for not visiting troops.  He visits troops, for the first time EVER FLOTUS visits a war zone.  And the mouth breathers can do is criticize.  

I’d like to see her go commercial or maybe hitch a ride with a NATO ally.  It would be a BOSS move.

1 hour ago, saxdog said:

AF1 belongs to Potus 

4 minutes ago, Fakenews said:

I’d like to see her go commercial or maybe hitch a ride with a NATO ally.  It would be a BOSS move.

Macron or Merkel ought to send a Gulfstream or it’s European built equivalent for her.

3 minutes ago, warbird said:

AF1 belongs to Potus 

And the Potus belongs to Putin.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Snore said:

Ok let’s review.   Trump gets rightly criticized for not visiting troops.  He visits troops, for the first time EVER FLOTUS visits a war zone.  And the mouth breathers can do is criticize.  

Iraq is not much of a war zone certainly not Baghdad. Iran really clamped down on that terrorist nonsense.  Afghanistan is another story.

4 minutes ago, warbird said:

AF1 belongs to Potus 

The gas belongs to congress

6 minutes ago, warbird said:

AF1 belongs to Potus 

AF-1 is just a call sign.  And the airplanes that it gets attached to belong to the American people.

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

President Trump on Thursday appeared to deny military aircraft to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for an upcoming foreign trip, in response to her call to delay the State of the Union address amid the government shutdown.

In a stinging and curt letter, Trump said her trip has been "postponed."

He wrote: "Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt, and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-denies-pelosi-aircraft-for-foreign-trip-in-response-to-call-for-state-of-the-union-delay

that’s fucking awesome!!  It’s one of the few things the orange clown has done that makes sense. Which means someone else on his stuff came up with the idea.

8 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

that’s fucking awesome!!  It’s one of the few things the orange clown has done that makes sense. Which means someone else on his stuff came up with the idea.It’s one of the few things the orange clown has done that makes sense. Which means someone else on his stuff came up with the idea.

Or maybe you are just a moron member of rube nation, cheering on political theater like some gun fondling troglodyte.

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Political Suicide comes to mind,  but hey if he's doing Vlads bidding, he has outperformed Vlads wildest dreams.

so now old man group sex is called...an  "issues retreat"    

Or maybe you are just a moron member of rube nation, cheering on political theater like some gun fondling troglodyte.

Whatever you say, Mitch. 

Even you has to admit it was pretty funny though.  It was a total dick move on orange man’s part, which makes it even funnier. 

You done waving your little dick around to the crowd, territorially pissing while pretending most of the pee isn't dribbling down your comfort waisted jeans onto your velcro shoes Grandpa Jeffreaux?

9 minutes ago, dacapo said:

so now old man group sex is called...an  "issues retreat"    

Well certainly there would be “issues”

• Like 1