Sign in to follow this  
Latadjust

kids these days

They don't know what they're missing. Try to tell them, they grunt while glued to their phones. Sheesh.

Its our culture! Granted its 60s and 70s culture, but dang it we cant let it just disappear!

Terms like schnoz, fanny, messieurs, snooze, cans

Songs like Colorado Cool Aid, "Put another log on the fire" and of course this important work:

a

In the early 00s I worked with a bunch of recent college grads (not sure what they were called, Gen X, Gen Y?)a couple times a year. They used to love hangin' in my office because the music I had was all rock from the 60s through the nineties. They all got warm and fuzzy feelings 'cause it was the music their folks played around the house growing up. Kind of disconcerting to me, being without kids, to have grown children looking to me as a father figure.

I imagine their kids are all exactly as you describe though. Noses glued in their phones since kindergarten and playing computer games all day after school. Bigly sad.

My grandneighbors thought that my wife and I were the coolest thing besides Popsicles...... Until they turned 12.... Now we're just obstacles on the path of life. (Or occasional sources of income, and transportation)

1 minute ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Its not just kids

Adults are starting to forget/be  distracted by bullshit.

Huh? What? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.....

• Like 1

I dunno. My kids art class included some basic woodworking. They kept it to safe ones like bandsaw, drill press and sanders, but still.

The other one knows how to mix and pour 2-part expanding foam. including calculating appropriate volume

They don't have much interest in engines, yet.

My 12 year old can break down, clean and re-assemble winches....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

How much does he/she charge and will he/she travel to Long Beach?

7 minutes ago, Point Break said:

How much does he/she charge and will he/she travel to Long Beach?

$15/hour (that's her going babysitting rate) but you'd have to ship them!

7 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

$15/hour (that's her going babysitting rate) but you'd have to ship them!

Babysitters GET $15 DOLLARS AN HOUR!! Holy cow........so take in a movie and chow with the bride and it’s gonna cost like $60 just to watch the critters??!  

"Kids these days" have always been useless and on the road to Hell.

If you think it's bad now, imagine how bad it must have been for people who came of age during the Depression to see their kids jiving to Elvis and Bill Haley. :o

There was no hope at all for the world back then.

2 minutes ago, Point Break said:

Babysitters GET $15 DOLLARS AN HOUR!! Holy cow........so take in a movie and chow with the bride and it’s gonna cost like $60 just to watch the critters??!  

That's pretty much the same as the $6 they got back in our day.

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

That's pretty much the same as the $6 they got back in our day.

I seem to remember the going rate was $2.50.........back......then.......:rolleyes:

Wow - you must be REALLY old.

• Like 1

It is not exactly like this is new....

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint".

(Hesiod, 8th century BC)

from: https://proto-knowledge.blogspot.com/2010/11/what-is-wrong-with-young-people-today.html

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

I dunno. My kids art class included some basic woodworking. They kept it to safe ones like bandsaw, drill press and sanders, but still.

The other one knows how to mix and pour 2-part expanding foam. including calculating appropriate volume

This. It's not kids, it's adults.

Blaming the kids because parents don't parent. Kinda wrong.

55 minutes ago, Point Break said:

yep. at least on this street....

1 hour ago, Raz'r said:

LOL...reminded me of the shop class project 7th or 8th grade...electric hotdog cooker ...similar to this video except it was a 2 dog cooker...a 12" x 12" 3" box with a plexiglass top and 4 spikes....what could go wrong....

2 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

Its not just kids

Adults are starting to forget/be  distracted by bullshit.

What?

1 hour ago, Point Break said:

I seem to remember the going rate was $2.50.........back......then.......:rolleyes:

I got $1 an hour for two kids.... I only did it because Mom was hot, and I could see her bedroom window from mine..... And she had an Amana Radar range micro wave oven that could pop a half a house full of popcorn in 2 minutes......

Too bad the red jelly fish the younger daughter put in to the radar range didn't work out so well.... And thank god the dweeb that Mom was dating was such a pussy that he wouldn't come into the house while I was trying to clean up the mess....  I was always hoping she'd hook up with my father..... But my mother always seemed to be there at inappropriate times.....

3 hours ago, Raz'r said:

Man..... I couldn't break down and clean wenches until I was in my early 20s.....

Oh..... Winches.....

Never mind.....