Finally some changes in my favorite race:

Pre-race party is back at BCYC.  Not the party of years past (sorry Woody), but a more private event for racers, crew, and guests.  Still should be a step up.

Non-CRUZ monohull classes will be split between ULDB & non-ULDB to separate displacement from planing boats

Finish is close to Hotel Coral Marina for better viewing as well as fixed stable location allowing YB Tracking backup to the finish line crew

• Like 1

the slow death of a once enormously popular race continues almost unabated. adios.

Did the Race from 1991 to 2012 on various boats including my own, with mixed results.  A grand time but I soured on it for several reasons:

• Shortened finished at Hotel Coral instead of outside of the Ensenada harbor breakwater.  Those last few extra miles were a tactical nightmare, both good and bad, but a fun component of the race.  Everybody anchored off the Hotel Bahia & that was race central & within walking distance was Hussong's & Papas&Beer & cheep restaurants.  Hotel Coral is slips only and you're stuck there unless you hire a taxi to get into town.
  • Engine allowed cruisers.  That really fu*ked up the race.  The race is won @ nite but with folks powering it's hard to judge inside/outside, header/lift, pressure/hole stuff based solely on observing other boat's lights.
  • The Agean Sea deaths,  we were only 2-3 miles from the Coronado headland that night & it was good visibility, moderate seas & to learn at the award ceremony that they'd died was a shocker.  I mean how many entrants around us  were also that lame?  Scarey.
  • Let's face it, it's a light air race with usually massive bobbing around @ night; not much fun except every few years where it's raging winds all the way & you  earn your stripes.
  • Plus the hassle of the Mexican/USA paperwork which was nonexistent 20 years ago.

I'm old now, so am not invited on the line honors boats anymore and actually had to pay my share of hotel accommodations, slip fees  on lesser boats.  Nay, not worth it,  There's plenty of good races in So. Cal.  American waters which involve good seamanship.

On 1/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, 505 Weasel said:

Have done this race on lots of other boats... Hope to do it on mine this year...

I hope it's a good year for a 505.  At least you can trailer home!!

On 1/18/2019 at 1:40 PM, Bill Gibbs said:

Finally some changes in my favorite race:

Pre-race party is back at BCYC.  Not the party of years past (sorry Woody), but a more private event for racers, crew, and guests.  Still should be a step up.

I have been invited to the private BCYC  parties - and went, before heading to the party of the unwashed @ a couple locations

I am FAR from being a Hater

who is being kept out and why ??

you are Far More inside the event than my inside the Klub friends

has the general population been kept out of the loop ?

No One Owes Anybody Anything

that said, if the parties that were split and segregated into class, statue & whatever

have been combined once again, Yet filtered to only include  a ?% of those who would go is Still a Fail (yet an improvement)

I would be More than happy to help in anyway I can - short of just NOT expressing how I feel 

Thank You for Being Both There & Here and remaining accessible to the unwashed !!  

I would go, but I'm afraid to die.

49 minutes ago, Parma said:

Why would that make a difference? We're all afraid to die, I just don't want to die in my own bed.

On 1/18/2019 at 2:03 PM, Editor said:

the slow death of a once enormously popular race continues almost unabated. adios.

Popularity is a complex topic.  Sailboat racing seems to be declining in general, judging from PHRF membership.  You have a boat still, don't you?  Come racing with us.  Or better yet, volunteer and help us improve the entire event.  I've always thought you have some insight into the issues.

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 4:00 PM, axolotl said:

Did the Race from 1991 to 2012 on various boats including my own, with mixed results.  A grand time but I soured on it for several reasons:

• Shortened finished at Hotel Coral instead of outside of the Ensenada harbor breakwater.  Those last few extra miles were a tactical nightmare, both good and bad, but a fun component of the race.  Everybody anchored off the Hotel Bahia & that was race central & within walking distance was Hussong's & Papas&Beer & cheep restaurants.  Hotel Coral is slips only and you're stuck there unless you hire a taxi to get into town.
  • Engine allowed cruisers.  That really fu*ked up the race.  The race is won @ nite but with folks powering it's hard to judge inside/outside, header/lift, pressure/hole stuff based solely on observing other boat's lights.
  • The Agean Sea deaths,  we were only 2-3 miles from the Coronado headland that night & it was good visibility, moderate seas & to learn at the award ceremony that they'd died was a shocker.  I mean how many entrants around us  were also that lame?  Scarey.
  • Let's face it, it's a light air race with usually massive bobbing around @ night; not much fun except every few years where it's raging winds all the way & you  earn your stripes.
  • Plus the hassle of the Mexican/USA paperwork which was nonexistent 20 years ago.

I'm old now, so am not invited on the line honors boats anymore and actually had to pay my share of hotel accommodations, slip fees  on lesser boats.  Nay, not worth it,  There's plenty of good races in So. Cal.  American waters which involve good seamanship.

Hotel Coral offers a free shuttle into town, or a taxi is about $4.

CRUZ class only effects CRUZ racers, no one else.  If you don't like motors, don''t race CRUZ.  Definitely don't judge progress by every boat motoring in the night.  AIS &YB trackers help.

I was drifting at night about half a mile from the Aegean event.  Yes, scary.  Don't take safety for granted.  I had trouble believing there were fatal conditions around.

Mexico is more of a hassle than the old days.  But the 20/1 exchange rates makes up for some of it.  And Ensenada being a cruise ship destination, and having a superior wine region nearby keeps the area improving in food and drink quality.

I have decided to not give up on Mexico or declining sailboat participation.  I drive down monthly for preparation.  No worries, no excitement, just great inexpensive meals and drinks.  If you want to support racing, then race.  If not, then...

On 1/18/2019 at 4:58 PM, 505 Weasel said:

Have done this race on lots of other boats... Hope to do it on mine this year...

+1

On 1/19/2019 at 5:30 PM, Hitchhiker said:

I hope it's a good year for a 505.  At least you can trailer home!!

+1

On 1/19/2019 at 7:06 PM, DA-WOODY said:

I have been invited to the private BCYC  parties - and went, before heading to the party of the unwashed @ a couple locations

I am FAR from being a Hater

who is being kept out and why ??

you are Far More inside the event than my inside the Klub friends

has the general population been kept out of the loop ?

No One Owes Anybody Anything

that said, if the parties that were split and segregated into class, statue & whatever

have been combined once again, Yet filtered to only include  a ?% of those who would go is Still a Fail (yet an improvement)

I would be More than happy to help in anyway I can - short of just NOT expressing how I feel 

Thank You for Being Both There & Here and remaining accessible to the unwashed !!  

The party is open to skippers, crew, and guests.  From all 3 courses.  Care to be my guest?

On 1/19/2019 at 8:38 PM, Parma said:

You could die anywhere...

US State department rates Baja travel as Level 2, exercise additional care.

Same rating as France and Italy.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:29 PM, Ishmael said:

Why would that make a difference? We're all afraid to die, I just don't want to die in my own bed.

+1

15 minutes ago, Bill Gibbs said:

The party is open to skippers, crew, and guests.  From all 3 courses.  Care to be my guest?

I've been promised an official invite

Happy to knock one back with you early in the evening (Aye get 2 when I get there and cut off for the ride home 5 hrs later)

If I find a GOLD-DIGGER needing an invite I'll give her mine and take you up on yours

COUGARS Get an Invite Automatically :) 

"We all gotta die sometime, Red."

N2E has provided me with some of my greatest memories of sailing. The wind and wave action from the Coronados south to Ensenada Bay can be breathtaking.
My best memory from the race was finishing in time for dinner in Ensenada Friday night (Thank you Bill).  My worst memory was watching a fellow crew mate (Different boat) tear down the drapes at the doorway of a club and cuss out the bouncer. He was arrested 90 seconds later and we were lucky not to end up in jail with him. Cocktails may have been involved.

What are your best and worst? (Pictures a plus)

a8e331_4a13d061156d4f0581e1a5d792489b62_

Too many best moments to list. the worst was getting stuck on the inside and watching the fleet sail past us. We had to wait for the wind to fill in. It was like we were stuck in an eddy.
I looked at the archives and there are no results earlier than 2005. Where the hell is the paper results that could have been scanned in to the record way back in the late 90's

I raced first in 73 or 74 when in the Sea explorers, it was a first fun experience on an old style Columbia 30 called Lynette. Then the next time, I was sailed with Bob & Rex Boyes and someone on their R29 Salt shaker in the MORC Class. I think we won but not sure. After that I sailed with Gary Swenson on Hot Spur and Boojie Boy. Then with Chuck Stanton on his Wilderness 40 Falcon. Last race was 95. So where the hell are all the records?

If you are having a time limit of 8am on the 27th, why not start the SD fleet first on the 26th? 

6.3 The Time Limit is 0800, Saturday, April 27, 2019. This changes RRS 35

Does this mean the first boat in a fleet must finish by this time or is it the time limit for the whole fleet?

Also

1.3.4 USSER 3.8.2 – A boat shall have a water-tight handheld VHF radio or a handheld VHF radio with a water-tight cover. The requirement for the handheld VHF radio to have DCS/GPS with an MMSI number properly registered to the vessel is waived.

Does this mean that the whole rule is waived or just the last sentence? Kind of vague as the "waived" is at the end of a rule.

49 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Too many best moments to list. the worst was getting stuck on the inside and watching the fleet sail past us. We had to wait for the wind to fill in. It was like we were stuck in an eddy.
I looked at the archives and there are no results earlier than 2005. Where the hell is the paper results that could have been scanned in to the record way back in the late 90's

I raced first in 73 or 74 when in the Sea explorers, it was a first fun experience on an old style Columbia 30 called Lynette. Then the next time, I was sailed with Bob & Rex Boyes and someone on their R29 Salt shaker in the MORC Class. I think we won but not sure. After that I sailed with Gary Swenson on Hot Spur and Boojie Boy. Then with Chuck Stanton on his Wilderness 40 Falcon. Last race was 95. So where the hell are all the records?

If you are having a time limit of 8am on the 27th, why not start the SD fleet first on the 26th? 

Does this mean the first boat in a fleet must finish by this time or is it the time limit for the whole fleet?

Also

1.3.4 USSER 3.8.2 – A boat shall have a water-tight handheld VHF radio or a handheld VHF radio with a water-tight cover. The requirement for the handheld VHF radio to have DCS/GPS with an MMSI number properly registered to the vessel is waived.

Does this mean that the whole rule is waived or just the last sentence? Kind of vague as the "waived" is at the end of a rule.

2004 I sailed with Bill Gibbs on AFTERBURNER. I think we took home every trophy we were eligible for (6 trophies?). We beat the second boat in by three hours.  Good times.

4 hours ago, DryArmour said:

2004 I sailed with Bill Gibbs on AFTERBURNER. I think we took home every trophy we were eligible for (6 trophies?). We beat the second boat in by three hours.  Good times.

Ah, that is a good memory.  We had finished first in 2002 & 2003, but no love on corrected time.  2004 was the year the onshore breeze and offshore breeze met in the middle of the course, from the start.  The inside start line was left drifting as the outside line took off.  I recall Mark screaming every time we got too close to the dead zone, and we kept out.:)

Only 5 trophies.  #6 was to PBYC, my yacht club, for being the YC with the most trophies, just from us.

Worst memories?

2001, broke the mast

2004, broke both rudders getting to Newport Beach from Ventura.  (but we got used replacements from New Zealand in 5 days and made the race, a good memory)

2009, bowsprit exploded and the side stay detached.

or 2006, took over 23 hours to finish (versus 2013 taking 7:47, and we weren't first in, still a good memory)

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

You said it, they are on paper in archives at UC Irvine.  Nosa  didn't have a scan volunteer I guess.

5 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

It is the time limit for all boats, as you can't finish if you are later than this.

When did the N2SD fleet start?  I don't have the start data handy.  The RC must have thought that was plenty of time to get to SD.  I don't recall any boats timing out last year.  Was it an issue?   Ensenada is the longer distance, and the Cruisers like to start first, as well.

5 hours ago, DryArmour said:

The intent is that the DCS/GPS requirement is waived, not the radio requirement.

29 minutes ago, Bill Gibbs said:

Ah, that is a good memory.  We had finished first in 2002 & 2003, but no love on corrected time.  2004 was the year the onshore breeze and offshore breeze met in the middle of the course, from the start.  The inside start line was left drifting as the outside line took off.  I recall Mark screaming every time we got too close to the dead zone, and we kept out.:)

Only 5 trophies.  #6 was to PBYC, my yacht club, for being the YC with the most trophies, just from us.

Oh Bill, I never screamed...I just STRONGLY encouraged a move back out into pressure.

1 minute ago, DryArmour said:

Oh Bill, I never screamed...I just STRONGLY encouraged a move back out into pressure.

Whatever it was, it worked!

Just now, Bill Gibbs said:

Yessir, thank you for having me among the crew those first few years.  Good times indeed and you are a generous and gracious owner. MUCH* appreciated.

On 1/28/2019 at 9:43 AM, Meat Wad said:

On 1/28/2019 at 3:28 PM, Bill Gibbs said:

You said it, they are on paper in archives at UC Irvine.  Nosa  didn't have a scan volunteer I guess.

Are you saying the results are at UC Irvine but NOSA does not have the ability to scan the results into PDF files for it's website and posterity??

Can you provide a link to UC Irvine's archives of the Ensenada Race??

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

Are you saying the results are at UC Irvine but NOSA does not have the ability to scan the results into PDF files for it's website and posterity??

My friend John Bareford is the head of the UC Irvine library system. Let me see what can be done to get the results online. This may take some time, please be patient.

23 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

21 hours ago, DryArmour said:

My friend John Bareford is the head of the UC Irvine library system. Let me see what can be done to get the results online. This may take some time, please be patient.

Very Cool Mark, Thanks a ton. If he needs any online help, holler.

The head of the UC Irvine library system will look into it next week and let me know what, if anything is possible. More when I hear back.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

A First for N2E – A Near Shore Finish in Ensenada

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Feb. 3, 2019 – Another new for the 72nd Newport to Ensenada International Yacht Race; the finish line will be positioned just south of the Hotel Coral Marina breakwater, yet about a half-mile north of its position in recent years. One end will be a buoy, the other a raised platform on the breakwater, manned by the finish crew. The move will provide a more stable finish line thanks to the unwavering landside position and spectacular viewing from the Hotel Coral.

The finish line crew is responsible for recording each boat’s official finish times; however, they’ll use YB Tracking data as a backup. YB Trackers, introduced just last year, were very popular with racers. Pleased with the performance of the innovative safety equipment, along with positive feedback and the fun of sharing the race in real time with friends and family the Newport Ocean Sailing Association has decided to bring back the trackers every year for the foreseeable future. 

“This is just another of several innovations and improvements we are implementing to this year’s Newport to Ensenada race,” said Commodore Daniel Hodge said. “YB Trackers add to boat safety and increase spectator involvement. It’s a win-win. Shore viewing of the finish is another way to share the excitement of the race with all its participants and supporters, along with providing an excellent vantage point for the press.”

The N2E event offers racers a choice of three courses, Newport to Ensenada (N2E), Newport to San Diego (N2SD), and Newport to Dana Point (N2DP). It offers classes for racers and cruisers, multihulls and ocean sailboats of every size and type for sailors who would like to join the action and race April 26 off the Balboa Pier.

See www.nosa.org for full details about the race; its history and official notice of race and online registration.

On 1/28/2019 at 3:50 PM, Bill Gibbs said:

IC BURNER Listed :-(

impressive pedigree !!!

On 1/31/2019 at 6:20 PM, Meat Wad said:

Very Cool Mark, Thanks a ton. If he needs any online help, holler.

Here is what I got back from UCI Library admin for the NOSA N2E archived results.:

Extent 4.2 Linear feet (5 boxes.) RestrictionsProperty rights reside with the University of California. Literary rights are retained by the creators of the records and their heirs. For permissions to reproduce or to publish, please contact the Head of Special Collections and Archives. Availability.The collection is open for research.

So, it seems that the material can be accessed (as is most of the stuff in our Special Collections) and photocopied. Not sure about what can be done with it beyond that..

Sounds like NOSA owns the publication rights then. If volunteers were to go to the library, make copies, scan and send to NOSA, I imagine NOSA would post them up, wouldn't they?

15 minutes ago, TJSoCal said:

Sounds like NOSA owns the publication rights then. If volunteers were to go to the library, make copies, scan and send to NOSA, I imagine NOSA would post them up, wouldn't they?

Sure thing.  We'd deputize the volunteers as NOSA volunteers or something.

i'd pay someone to do it. i did the race from 86-94 or so as a kid, some years we did very well, even trophied in class in 88 ( i think it was 88) on a cat 30 when some nastiness rolled in 10 miles from the finish, complete with a water spout and some knock downs, and an unbelieveable amount of boats finishing simultaneously, with some cool pics off the stern. also got first monohull elapsed in 92' on our andrews 56 aldora, but didnt get first over the line because victoria started 10 minutes ahead , only beating us by 7 min. either way , many great memories as a child doing that race, and would love to see those results again.

It sounds like US Sailing.

Back in 1999, a magazine owner paid for the first ever Webcast of a sailing event. Yes, it was the US regatta to choose the rep to the Sydney Paralympic Games.
Interviews on shore and boats, Helicopter everything sailing ever wanted. They even had me on footage from the helicopter leading a race that was called. Betsy Alison and Serge Jorgensen were commentating. It was great to watch. I constantly asked for copies of the footage for safe keeping.

The company goes out of business and gives the CD's with all the footage to US shitwads......................Fucking USS loses everything.

I hate the people that run this sport, bunch of fucking twats.

So, what is the drive time by taxi or similar from Hotel Coral to the border?

Asking for a friend.......... 

2.5 hours...

there is a NOSA bus, and public buses, cheaper than a Taxi.  Also a hotel van for small groups and uber.

7 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

If you were asking for yourself, I might be able to give you an airplane ride back.   So grateful for the wonderful survey you did for me!

• Like 1

On 1/28/2019 at 3:17 PM, Bill Gibbs said:

It would be cool to see a few of your favorite photos of AFTERBURNER and maybe hear some history.

19 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

and have your Global ID for the quick line walking across the border

18 hours ago, pilotdave said:

If you were asking for yourself, I might be able to give you an airplane ride back.   So grateful for the wonderful survey you did for me!

Thanks for the kind words Dave!

When’s the new Pyewacket (ex-Black Jack V70) due on West Coast?   Transpac?

Saw pic of it on shipping dolly.

Spices things up a bit around here yes?

3 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

conditions look to be light but consistent for the race. 

consistently lite...one of those "what am I doing here" nights, again

38 minutes ago, sumpin said:

consistently lite...one of those "what am I doing here" nights, again

Yeah. Nice legs, shame about the face.

19 hours ago, blunderfull said:

When’s the new Pyewacket (ex-Black Jack V70) due on West Coast?   Transpac?

Saw pic of it on shipping dolly.

Spices things up a bit around here yes?

Friggin Used Boat that can Dock @ BCYC ??

With the PRICE FRIGGIN INCREASE  to get in Disneyland to Stand in lines for 99.95% of the time yer there

I would expect him to comission a New A+ = Uglier & Longer

Not to mention the TAX Breaks TRUMP gave to his Elk

15 hours ago, Hitchhiker said:

Yeah. Nice legs, shame about the face.

great song

On 4/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bill Gibbs said:

Somewhere between 3 hours to DNF is my guess, depending on conditions.

I think the record is well out of reach, even in ideal conditions it’s hard to match a MOD 70 for covering ground like that. 

I think if we have 7+ kts from the usual direction, we can foil and make really good VMG, but it is likely to take us around 7 hours. 

The fun part part will be the tow all night back home...

4 hours ago, macca said:

I think the record is well out of reach, even in ideal conditions it’s hard to match a MOD 70 for covering ground like that. 

I think if we have 7+ kts from the usual direction, we can foil and make really good VMG, but it is likely to take us around 7 hours. 

Looking Fwd to seeing yer Start

Well worth givin up 5 seconds to continue pointing South

Shouldn't have trouble watching for Rocks as I'm sure you have No offwatch accommodations 

And the lighting should be bright

Are Foils Self Kelp Cutting, after summer point ?

Big Change, Don't  look for me at any of the 1/2 dozen fragmented/ClassDevided functions (hardly any a Party compaired to ...... ya I know)

1 hour ago, DA-WOODY said:

Big Change, Don't  look for me at any of the 1/2 dozen fragmented/ClassDevided functions (hardly any a Party compaired to ...... ya I know)

calm down Woodie

1fa246c307db5518efc01246857ab6a4--sex-ma

22 hours ago, macca said:

So who’s crewing & are you guys part of a SailGP syndicate or what?  Where you based?

2 hours ago, blunderfull said:

So who’s crewing & are you guys part of a SailGP syndicate or what?  Where you based?

We are mostly a bunch of muppets that stumbled on a boat that is way to fast for any of us to comprehend or manage :)

But there are a couple of adults in the room, so we might be ok. 

Lets see see how it goes on Friday, then we can either celebrate or hide..

6 hours ago, macca said:

We are mostly a bunch of muppets that stumbled on a boat that is way to fast for any of us to comprehend or manage :)

But there are a couple of adults in the room, so we might be ok. 

Lets see see how it goes on Friday, then we can either celebrate or hide..

You guys aren’t sandbagging us are you?

Videos wont lie.   

Have fun.

at least strap a cooler on the tramp

Eddy's in town.  But, maybe not as much on Fri as today...........

Eddythurs.JPG

Eddyfri.JPG

3 hours ago, Movable Ballast said:

Everyone's going to moving at the speed of the current... 

Fiddler's gunna open early on Sat for those bailing out at the Coronados :)

On 4/23/2019 at 2:31 PM, macca said:

.... the tow all night back home...

Assuming you have to pull the wing in Ensenada to tow the cat back?

Do you break the wing down in sections to truck it back?

does anyone know if the tracker for today's start is live or is there a delay? if it is delayed, how long is the delay?

3 hours ago, full circle said:

does anyone know if the tracker for today's start is live or is there a delay? if it is delayed, how long is the delay?

I think the app tracker is supposed to be live but I just got it. Try refeshing. Lux does move, looks to have come from Long Beach. 

9 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

I think the app tracker is supposed to be live but I just got it. Try refeshing. Lux does move, looks to have come from Long Beach. 

2 classes have started,  speeds are 4 to 6knts.
Nosa says they have a video going but I can't find it.
Why is it so hard to promote the sport?

Dunno. The app tracker is not so good as the one ESS uses.  Bummed. 

22 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Dunno. The app tracker is not so good as the one ESS uses.  Bummed. 

Yea, It's pretty stupid to have 3 different tracks to follow. Like we can't tell which boats are diving in to DP or SD and the rest are going to ensenada.

Also, NOSA just told me that https://www.facebook.com/YachtRacingLive/ has  videos. I don't know why that cannot post it on their website and FB page for people. Just poor.
These guys at Yacht Racing Live are like the worst I have ever listened to.

49 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Lux does move...

Yea, waiting for them to pop up & foil but not gonna happen right now.

So stupid there is no video online.  I kept checking because they said there would be live overage of the start but nothing.  You want to encourage more people to go how about posting some video so people can get excited about it.  I wanted to watch, I searched to watch and nothing to watch.

1 hour ago, fan said:

So stupid there is no video online.  I kept checking because they said there would be live overage of the start but nothing.  You want to encourage more people to go how about posting some video so people can get excited about it.  I wanted to watch, I searched to watch and nothing to watch.

Drones?   Of course not,  that would be too cool.

Why there’s not stadium racing at Belmont Pier every month is a major miss.   Cong Cup was the most exciting racing I’d seen since Formula 40 big cats off Fort Adams way back when.

If you can’t bring the fans to the races, then bring the races in shore to the fans.   How stupid simple is that?   

Shout out to Berkely from RS - what’s the word from your corner of the harbor?  Enjoyed hearing your takes on sailing growth in the US.

Looking at the tracker 30 mins ago:

Yes, you Lux guys are ringers.   Hauling ass.

Correct me if I’m way off but Chubby is up near the front of this race @ 36 tons.   Is she not well sailed or what?   Saying hello to BadPak on the Baja slide.

5 hours ago, blunderfull said:

Yea, waiting for them to pop up & foil but not gonna happen right now.

6 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

Lux does move

YA, it is 6 pm PST and they are are off of SD, not a record year.

3 hours ago, fan said:

Pretty sad indeed. It is so easy to get things posted. Buy a mount and put your phone in it and go live on YouTube............Fuck FB.

Next time I race my Blokart at Ivanpah, I'll have to go live. Not that anyone will watch.

Looked at tracker and it has Lux DNF and icon is in harbor somewhere around San Diego. Not familiar with area but maybe Mission Bay area.  Dunno if that is  really the case. 

Rest of fleet still moving along. 

We called it for the day, breeze was super light and shifty all day and started to die as the sun went down. Didn’t fancy a night of drifting around with the wing flopping all over the place. So we set up a mooring in mission bay and now we are in the way to dinner :)  

sail or tow tow back to Long Beach tomorrow. 

Will be be a long night for the slower boats. 

Thanks for the update! Sorry the wind was not better but glad you all are ok. 

Enjoy dinner!

48 minutes ago, macca said:

We called it for the day, breeze was super light and shifty all day and started to die as the sun went down. Didn’t fancy a night of drifting around with the wing flopping all over the place. So we set up a mooring in mission bay and now we are in the way to dinner :)  

sail or tow tow back to Long Beach tomorrow. 

Will be be a long night for the slower boats. 

Good go.

Racing a winged foiler offshore puts you guys in exclusive company.  Looking forward to hearing more about the logistics and whether you’re doing more racing this season.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 1:04 PM, Bill Gibbs said:

Somewhere between 3 hours to DNF is my guess, depending on conditions.

AC45 Lux © 2019 LA Times

GSZU7NDE5ZBATJK3K3CJYI6UIA.jpg

Great to see you sailing.  Better than this fate.

27894031_2034290023504074_5835701300641136640_n.jpg

10 hours ago, SlackWater_SF said:

AC45 Lux © 2019 LA Times

GSZU7NDE5ZBATJK3K3CJYI6UIA.jpg

That Pic was shot with 1 Sick kamera Canon 1D X2 and a lens the size of a fender

So here is a hypothetical question

In a N2E race where conditions were just under foiling 

What boat would Win between AC45-LUX and S&S 88 ??

47 minutes ago, DA-WOODY said:

That Pic was shot with 1 Sick kamera Canon 1D X2 and a lens the size of a fender

So here is a hypothetical question

In a N2E race where conditions were just under foiling 

What boat would Win between AC45-LUX and S&S 88 ??

88 would win- LWL   Power/weight.

16 hours ago, Meat Wad said:

YA, it is 6 pm PST and they are are off of SD, not a record year.

Pretty sad indeed. It is so easy to get things posted. Buy a mount and put your phone in it and go live on YouTube............Fuck FB.

Next time I race my Blokart at Ivanpah, I'll have to go live. Not that anyone will watch.

I'll watch.  Dirt boating rocks too.