Sail4beer

Jammer Six has left and taken it all with him

Some keep mentioning PA. Is there a Pennsylvania forum I am missing out on?         

/s

• Like 5

This is the Unofficial Pennsylvania Dutch Country  Scrapple thread.

A PA tradition!

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

This is the Unofficial Pennsylvania Dutch Country  Scrapple thread.

A PA tradition!

Thanks Beer. You always seem to sort things out for me. 

Aww jeez Sible..... You can start crap from nothing. Oh well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Plausible said:

The Storm Before the Storm  by  Mike Duncan.    The Beginning of the end of the Roman Republic.    A good read for you superior types as it mirrors what is happening to your American Republic.    Those that fail to heed history .......  etc etc.

Like Wilbur "Let them eat bank loans" Ross?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Plausible said:

interesting.......shouldn't this person " Sloop ? " buy an advert as he is advertising his poetry in Plenitude Magazine by this post.    He is very proud of himself.   Rightly so I say.

Give your head a shake dave. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, woahboy said:

Nice word, Sloop.... plenitude

There used to be an acronym used in this forum, what was it again?

Oh yeah....PAW.

Just now, hobot said:

Oh yeah....PAW.

PAW???? Enlighten me, please?

On 1/29/2019 at 2:59 AM, hobot said:

Bought a VitaMix blender last weekend, made Butternut squash soup with it tonight.

Followed their recipe but find the final product a wee bit bland....anyone done this or have any suggestions?

Curry powder. And salt. Always salt.

On 1/29/2019 at 12:13 PM, Bob Perry said:

I would put some kind of curry powder in it. That could be quite good. I add curry powder to pea soup. That works. I also add white pepper.

Beat me to it, Bob.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 10:19 AM, Bob Perry said:

When I was 12 years old my neighbor gave me an old record player. W e were sitting around in our living room chatting with the neighbor couple. Someone noted that the record player only played 78 rpm records. Darn! Then I remembered that I had one 78 rpm record and I blurted out, "I have a 78!" Everyone urged me to go and get it. Then I remembered what the record was. It was titled THE WOOFING POST. I tried as hard as I could to avoid bringing the record out but they insisted. Oh boy, I knew I was going to get an ass kicking if they played it. It was the International Farting Contest where the contestants would hang onto this post to brace for their farts, the Woofing Post.

There was a referee and some judges. Each style of fart had a specific name and they were rated after each fart. I slunk off to my bedroom to wait for my punishment. The record started and my folks and their friends started laughing.

I did not get my ass kicked.

I think I heard of this. Was that the one where Lord Boomer gets disqualified for shitting his pants?

I suppose a DQ beats a DNF (Did Not Fart).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hobot said:

Oh yeah....PAW.

Pretentious Asshole Word?

If that's it you should be careful directing it at me

I might defenestrate you.

• Like 1

Pompous Ass Word....I think it goes back to about the Group W timeframe.

1 minute ago, hobot said:

Pompous Ass Word....I think it goes back to about the Group W timeframe.

Group W??

Dang, this is see what happens when I wander away from the Random PicThread.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Plausible said:

Yeah,  BC,   that is rather pathetic ..............He should be hidden from the cameras.........

dave, sloop has been sloop for as long as i can remember. you on the other hand have been a pompous asshole (again as long as i can remember) but with different names..... you pretend to be someone else, but you are still the asshole daveprobable.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

Implausible though it may seem.

Improbable even.

14 minutes ago, basketcase said:

dave, sloop has been sloop for as long as i can remember. you on the other hand have been a pompous asshole (again as long as i can remember) but with different names..... you pretend to be someone else, but you are still the asshole daveprobable.

He floated thru PA a while back - in that forum so many turds get flicked (you really have to be a moron for that) and many just come back - a whole crop came up last fall I decided to call them returds. 

• Like 2

So Jammers eulogy runs to 3 pages and starts the next conflict, I don't think even he aimed that high.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, paps49 said:

So Jammers eulogy runs to 3 pages and starts the next conflict, I don't think even he aimed that high.

This is not the 'next ' conflict.  This one has been going on for years now.  Ever since davidprobable joined up with his Thurston Howell the III persona and started shitting on everything.  It came to a head once he put a bounty on sloop. After that he has changed his name maybe 15 times, keeping the attitude. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

That kind of shit is the stuff that gets Scot’s flick finger wagging

Nobody needs a stalker

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Well, ok then. If you say so. What do you have to say about that B.C.?

I’ll  be here if anybody needs me

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

Nobody needs a stalker

Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk, but only one of them knows about it. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Plausible said:

Basketcase is the ultimate stalker with no life.   Just click on his profile and you will see that all of his posts are posts stalking me.   He admits he hates  me  and boasts of being immune to being flicked by Scot  for reasons he won't disclose.    I think it involves pictures.     I must say I was saddened to see Bob become one of his followers given the abuse Bob took over the loss of his son.      Oh well ..... this really is just fantasy farm  with anonymous people stalking and abusing.    Doesn't really amount to anything.

You sir are delusional. Have you been to the doctor for a check up and alzheimer's test? Fuckwit 

• Downvote 1

There is more than a bit of irony in (im)Plausible polluting a thread on the demise of the Jammer.

For the record: I don't "follow" anyone. I take each post individually and react as I see fit.

• Like 2

So all of Plausible's posts seemed to be gone. If I cared enough I would keep track of all these guys and keep a thread going as

Return Of The Returds.  but alas and alack while entertaining they just are not that interesting.  Like Bob I don't follow anyone - I am a leader and in fact when posting always wear my leaderhosen.  I had them specially designed based on the German one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monsoon said:

There is more than a bit of irony in (im)Plausible polluting a thread on the demise of the Jammer.

On the minus side...... humorless annoying boob, doesn't post any tit pics.

On the plus side..... doesn't post any VWAP-type pics

1 minute ago, d'ranger said:

So all of Plausible's posts seemed to be gone. If I cared enough I would keep track of all these guys and keep a thread going as

Return Of The Returds.  but alas and alack while entertaining they just are not that interesting.  Like Bob I don't follow anyone - I am a leader and in fact when posting always wear my leaderhosen.  I had them specially designed based on the German one.

yeah but on the Internet, nobody can hear you yodeling

FB- Doug

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So, do you think that he, much like jammer six, has left and taken it all with him? Ironic that.

5 minutes ago, basketcase said:

So, do you think that he, much like jammer six, has left and taken it all with him? Ironic that.

When I click on his profile it is there - click on find content and it's blank. 

15 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

yeah but on the Internet, nobody can hear you yodeling

FB- Doug

something tells me we should be grateful for that

23 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

So all of Plausible's posts seemed to be gone.

Oh good.

Stay tuned, he'll be back - he's done it a few times in the past couple of years.

4 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Nobody needs a stalker

Bye and thanks again, Scot! 

You swoop in like a hawk and just take your prey!

I love this place!!’

6E5EAE54-D274-4590-B045-4B014829CD29.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

WTF?  You guys went from Scrapple to Spam to flicking??

I kinda miss the old days.  We need Brent back.  I am in the minority on this one but I liked him.  Very much old school SA.

It's been done before but it is so appropriate.

image.png.0b77eeb27d8c47bce91528a45a4359dc.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wess said:

I kinda miss the old days.  We need Brent back.  I am in the minority on this one but I liked him.  Very much old school SA.

You liked Brent? He was a raving looney tune with no redeeming features that I could see. But, everyone to their own.

• Like 3

Brent was a liar. I don't hang out with liars. He;s all yours Wess. "You are known by the company you keep" I was taught.

• Like 2

We didn’t do anything. Honest!

I never saw him before and I’ll never see him again. It was short and to the point.

And thank you for the downvote, Proa,nice to see you have you finger on the pulse of this thread

672753EF-CC29-456B-9FCF-A7CD762C6663.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Wess said:

Where is the anarchy?

It's becoming so politically correct here that somebody will soon need to setup a realsailinganarchy.com

Does anyone know where Cruising Anarchy wandered off to?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hobot said:

Does anyone know where Cruising Anarchy wandered off to?

We traded it in for C Harmony.

I looked behind the toilet where the trolls hid.

All I saw was a dirty spot left for bleaching

12 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

Where is the anarchy?

It's becoming so politically correct here that somebody will soon need to setup a realsailinganarchy.com

Done - it's Political Anarchy, all the anarchy you ever wished for and then some.  The chief moderator is Sir Assholiness

1 hour ago, Wess said:

You must have missed Brent's final meltdown.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

It's been done before but it is so appropriate.

image.png.0b77eeb27d8c47bce91528a45a4359dc.png

Nah.... i think the major is still here. Don't count him out just yet...... he is like a bad smell. 

18 minutes ago, slap said:

Yea, OK I should comment a bit further.  I don't wear my heart on my sleeve or the internet but I have reason for saying no matter how provoked I would never go after a parent that lost a kid.  Its a special kind of hell that fucks with people and scars and changes them forever and I would never wish it on anyone or use it for leverage as Brent apparently did.  So, no, I was was not down with that.

Outside of that, on the Brent mess, Russell Brown had a great post that was buried in that shit-storm of a thread.  Like him, I believe Brent had something to offer.  You had to dig through a lot of crud - but that is not unusual in the sailing world - to find it, but there was some value there.  I don't think many here will agree with me but that's OK.  I have my own reason for believing that.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Done - it's Political Anarchy, all the anarchy you ever wished for and then some.  The chief moderator is Sir Assholiness

Aren’t there enough fucking nut cases in that place already? with the current socks and name changes every few weeks

I agree with what you said about BS Wess. But for me the bottom line is that he is a liar. I don't like liars and I do not associate with them. I emailed Scott to have BS flicked but by the time I did several other CA'ers had beat me to it.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

36 minutes ago, slap said:

A moment in Anarchy history! :P The community got together and finally took the garbage out themselves. 

• Like 4

Yes Mad and I am grateful for that. He may have had an occasional good idea, very rare, but as a man he was scum.

52 minutes ago, mad said:

Aren’t there enough fucking nut cases in that place already? with the current socks and name changes every few weeks

He wouldn't last long there - stating "politically correct" is just whining about wanting to be an asshole. The P in PA stands for professional aholes. 

2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

He wouldn't last long there - stating "politically correct" is just whining about wanting to be an asshole. The P in PA stands for professional aholes. 

So I’ve noticed, but there are a few sensible ones, it’s all about filtering some/a reasonable amount/most of it (delete as applicable)  out. And not taking it too seriously. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wess said:

Yea, OK I should comment a bit further.  I don't wear my heart on my sleeve or the internet but I have reason for saying no matter how provoked I would never go after a parent that lost a kid.  Its a special kind of hell that fucks with people and scars and changes them forever and I would never wish it on anyone or use it for leverage as Brent apparently did.  So, no, I was was not down with that.

Outside of that, on the Brent mess, Russell Brown had a great post that was buried in that shit-storm of a thread.  Like him, I believe Brent had something to offer.  You had to dig through a lot of crud - but that is not unusual in the sailing world - to find it, but there was some value there.  I don't think many here will agree with me but that's OK.  I have my own reason for believing that.

Sure, Brent had something to offer. Cheap sketches of a few boats that sort of worked.

Unfortunately he also pushed utter bullshit by the truckload, lied through his teeth and made personal attacks on everyone who disagreed with him. Add this to the fact that he was utterly uneducatable  and persisted in spewing rubbish despite engineering data to the contrary and I don't miss him at all.

Well, except for the entertainment factor of watching his meltdowns, but that got old. Good riddance.

FKT

I will always remember to weld my acorn nuts on upside down.

There. That’s all I care to remember about him. 

He didn’t invent that either.

1 hour ago, Wess said:

Brent's ethos of self-sufficiency is to be admired to a certain extent. However, some people are self sufficient within the context of society to minimize their burden on it and as protection should it start to break down. Others are self-sufficient because they cannot or will not be a contributing member of society. Worst are those in the latter camp who espouse self-sufficiency while sucking at the societal tit.

I can tolerate an asshole if he's got something to offer. I can ignore a hypocrite who has nothing to offer. An asshole hypocrite is a bridge too far.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wess said:

Brent might have had something to offer 30 or 40 years ago when people were building their own boats - a niche in that big world.

But that was then and this is now. His philosophy was long out of date in a world of dirt cheap used boats.

That was probably why he got so cranky and nasty - he was trying to convince people that something that had an application in the 70's & 80's was still valid.

Then he finally started resorting to outright lies to try and support his arguments.

• Like 1

Sounds just like his wagon selling great great grandfather around 1910 or so...

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Brent might have had something to offer 30 or 40 years ago when people were building their own boats - a niche in that big world.

Some of us still build our own boats and are happy to do it. Any idiot with sufficient funds can buy a boat; it takes persistence and skill to actually build one.

We just don't build Brent's boats.

FKT

• Like 3

On 1/30/2019 at 9:33 PM, basketcase said:

Does Sible wear a MAGAt hat. I think I did see "deplorable" in there somewhere?

If he lived in the States I guarantee that he would be a red hat.

16 hours ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:
18 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Some of us still build our own boats and are happy to do it. Any idiot with sufficient funds can buy a boat; it takes persistence and skill to actually build one.

We just don't build Brent's boats.

FKT

Brent Swain boats are for the people who want to believe the promise that they can have a great, totally safe, totally comfortable, yacht for pennies and not much work. He's the steelboat counterpart of those guys trying to say you can build a ferrocement boat using chicken wire and a pile of dirt for a mold.

Of course, it is possible, but the most likely result is rough as a cob and still no more safe or comfortable than the level of skill provides.

GIGO applies to boats as much as anything else, it's just not a popular message with a segment of the home-builder market.

FB- Doug

3 hours ago, woahboy said:

Does Sible wear a MAGAt hat. I think I did see "deplorable" in there somewhere?

Not a 'deplorable', just a 'davidprobable '

3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Brent Swain boats are for the people who want to believe the promise that they can have a great, totally safe, totally comfortable, yacht for pennies and not much work. He's the steelboat counterpart of those guys trying to say you can build a ferrocement boat using chicken wire and a pile of dirt for a mold.

Of course, it is possible, but the most likely result is rough as a cob and still no more safe or comfortable than the level of skill provides.

GIGO applies to boats as much as anything else, it's just not a popular message with a segment of the home-builder market.

FB- Doug

That's where the whole schtick fell apart - sure you can pull a folded metal shell together in short order, if you're happy with the resulting shape. After that, the time, cost & aggravation is the same as with any other hull. It's a hell of a lot more complex building a boat than building a house.

Brent never built more than maybe 2 boats, ever. I think he actually only built one, counting a build as starting with a pile of steel and ending with something that floats, motors, sails and has full services. He tacked together a number of hulls and called it good, leaving the sucker to finish the job.

Personally I'd like to have a crack at beating Wynand's record of completely welding together a 34' Van Der Stadt type hull in 17 days now I've some idea of what I'm doing. But life is short and I'd rather play with the new toy than build again just because I can (yet anyway). I'm pretty sure the neighbours would fund my staying away, too.....

FKT

The biggest tragedy with BS is that he manages to convince some suckers that his boats are the only way to home build a steel boat on a budget, while for the same effort you can actually purchase plans that are decently thought out and end up with a boat that doesn't end up as an eyesore

1 hour ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

That's where the whole schtick fell apart - sure you can pull a folded metal shell together in short order, if you're happy with the resulting shape. After that, the time, cost & aggravation is the same as with any other hull. It's a hell of a lot more complex building a boat than building a house.

Brent never built more than maybe 2 boats, ever. I think he actually only built one, counting a build as starting with a pile of steel and ending with something that floats, motors, sails and has full services. He tacked together a number of hulls and called it good, leaving the sucker to finish the job.

Personally I'd like to have a crack at beating Wynand's record of completely welding together a 34' Van Der Stadt type hull in 17 days now I've some idea of what I'm doing. But life is short and I'd rather play with the new toy than build again just because I can (yet anyway). I'm pretty sure the neighbours would fund my staying away, too.....

FKT

Listen, you need to NOT think about building another boat! Sail the hell out of the one you've built, that should be a great distraction!!

FB- Doug

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 2:50 PM, Bob Perry said:

I emailed Scott to have BS flicked but by the time I did several other CA'ers had beat me to it.

Happey to helpe oute!!!              :)

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Happey to helpe oute!!!              :)

I wonder what kind of a deluge Scot got. I threw in an email too.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

I think the report function was used as well. 

1 minute ago, mad said:

I think the report function was used as well. 

That's actually what I meant. I didn't phrase it very well.

Good job on the hull profiles.

Meow!

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 8:09 PM, d'ranger said:

Is a mad house a form of anarchy?

On 1/31/2019 at 8:45 PM, Wess said:

Yes, I think that Origami is an interesting concept, somebody talented enough could probably make it work for small plywood boats. It requires a lot of imagination to do it right. I am a big fan of Harlé for instance because he was really good at designing chines boats that were outperforming the boats with compound hulls.

• Like 2

I want to take the opportunity to thank Proa for giving me my daily rations of downvotes for a4 hour period of time.

Get a life Stalker!

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

Ok Proa. I’ll start a gofundme for you so you can afford to get a life.

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

Keep it going Beer - you're getting several uppers every time the Pathetic One gives you a downer.

Maybe he's actually being nice to you - did you ever think of that? :D

• Like 3

The sad little man just went back two weeks to give me a passel of downers

What a sorry little man. He'd make a very good petulant 14 year old girl.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The sad little man just went back two weeks to give me a passel of downers

What a sorry little man. He'd make a very good petulant 14 year old girl.

What a loser. If he keeps this bullshit up he won't be long for SA, that stalking behaviour is totally against the rules (except in PA).

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

Keep it going Beer - you're getting several uppers every time the Pathetic One gives you a downer.

Maybe he's actually being nice to you - did you ever think of that? :D

Maybe that's the best defense against the downers. Every downer gets 5 uppers?

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

I do that - every time I see The Pathetic One give someone a downer I give them an upper - without even reading the post.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Yes.                                           :)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Panoramix said:

You'd have to ask Mad about that.

I think my new troll Proa has a little crush on me

9B00C140-78DF-4EF5-824D-3BD03F49D93F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1