Sail4beer

Jammer Six has left and taken it all with him

5 hours ago, paps49 said:

Not sure about going off piste  but that is one crappy website.

It would seem that the website is designed to incorporate every link developed in the 90’s and early 2000’s. I don’t know how he has room to critique anyone EVER!!!

Here’s how he contributes 

He’s given more downvotes than he has received in upvotes. He has given 154 upvotes of which none are for Bob, me, Sloop, Ish, etc. we are his anger outlets and we are used frequently to let us know how he feels about our digital camaraderie and fun. 

Of course, we are all losers and he will one day be vindicated and exalted to the altar of respected sailor and designer. He’s just waiting for the Pacific Proa to finally be discovered and his seminal work on the perfect design elements to be accepted as dogma. In fact, each one will have at least 24” of useable counter space on either side of the galley sink. We wouldn’t want to fuck that up like Bob did in that 40’ “boat”. How can it be a proper yacht without enough room on both sides of a sink to prepare a feast?!

Of the 67 downvotes he has, I’d say I’ve given him about 20. I have given him about 7 upvotes. When he says something intelligent or at least links to a good post  he gets an upvote. It’s just a tool. Each well deserved. Of the 200 downvotes he’s given, I’ve received at least 30. Bob many more. He’ll, BP and I must make up at least 100 there.  Then Ish and the rest of the Wrecking Crew get their just desserts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Contumacious Tom said:

Wess ran him off with comments like that one. :P

Tom has a level of seriousness you would want in an Air Force navigator, especially about sailing. Not that he's incapable of frivolity. He let us use Whimsy as Committee Boat for the Sun Cat Nationals and made and narrated a hilarious 5 minute video of the start sequence. Racers: it's funny because this was the Sun Cat Nationals and I'm talking about the five minutes AFTER the starting gun, during which racers crossed the start line. It's probably still on his youtube channel.

Wait, what, he was Chair Force??  No wonder he sails like shit; couldn't get into Navy. :lol:

There is a football joke coming I know and we deserve it these past two years...

29 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Here’s how he contributes 

He’s given more downvotes than he has received in upvotes. He has given 154 upvotes of which none are for Bob, me, Sloop, Ish, etc. we are his anger outlets and we are used frequently to let us know how he feels about our digital camaraderie and fun. 

Of course, we are all losers and he will one day be vindicated and exalted to the altar of respected sailor and designer. He’s just waiting for the Pacific Proa to finally be discovered and his seminal work on the perfect design elements to be accepted as dogma. In fact, each one will have at least 24” of useable counter space on either side of the galley sink. We wouldn’t want to fuck that up like Bob did in that 40’ “boat”. How can it be a proper yacht without enough room on both sides of a sink to prepare a feast?!

Of the 67 downvotes he has, I’d say I’ve given him about 20. I have given him about 7 upvotes. When he says something intelligent or at least links to a good post  he gets an upvote. It’s just a tool. Each well deserved. Of the 200 downvotes he’s given, I’ve received at least 30. Bob many more. He’ll, BP and I must make up at least 100 there.  Then Ish and the rest of the Wrecking Crew get their just desserts. 

Do you guys seriously care and count these things?  I think he down voted me many timers.  Who cares?  Its the folks pushing 1000 or two up or down that scare me.  Lemmings and idiots I suspect.  Let it go man...

Its SA; it ain't real life.  Just an entertaining diversion.

• Like 1

Of course it’s a diversion. I spent Friday missing my friend’s viewing and service bescause my mother’s caretakers’ mobil home burned to the ground and I had to care for her daughter while feeding, toileting and changing my 89 year old Parkinson’s Mom on 3 minutes notice. 

I can take a lot and I like to give a lot digitally in return. This has been fun  like punching one of those air filled dummies that always pop back up for more. If we did it PM style like a lot of heavily moderated forums, no one would know my troubles or the joy I get from this Cathartic release.

Kevin

• Like 3

This is getting weird. I went to Proa's web site. Pretty interesting stuff. The layout is very awkward for someone proclaiming he's a "web designer" What  else I find interesting is there is not one photo of a proa he has designed floating. Not one pic of a finished boat he designed. I'm not surprised. The guy has some serious problems.

It seems he has quit even trying to contribute here any other way than being the judge of other people's posts. Fine. Not sure I want to play that game. It's boring and we already know Proa is a loser. There's nothing to prove.

• Like 8
  • Downvote 1

Nothing more pathetic than someone who dishes it out and can't take it. Makes Proa a pussy. 

down vote here we come!!!!

• Like 3

He's still going back through my old posts to cast a downer on them.

A sad and lonely little man.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

And i thought davidprobable/plausible  was messed up. 

So is there a limit of down votes in a day? I just tried to upvote a post and it said, nope - you are done for the day.  Would that be why I didn't get the down vote for my earlier post? Or am I just chopped liver? So many questions, so many, uh look Squirrel!

• Like 1

The addition of the vote scoring system was an absolute stroke of genius. 

It adds another level of ANARCHY.

BRILLIANT.

As long as we are free to say anything we want - with only the outing & pedo restrictions - then it's plenty anarchic enough for me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

terme "man" ist harde to justify hearer,,,,,,,           :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, d'ranger said:

So is there a limit of down votes in a day? I just tried to upvote a post and it said, nope - you are done for the day.  Would that be why I didn't get the down vote for my earlier post? Or am I just chopped liver? So many questions, so many, uh look Squirrel!

Hey CL, we maye hafte tpo waitte forre the crowde to speake....................                            :)

• Like 2

Spaghetti noodles and butternut squash.

Super easy to make and it's really tasty.

12173.jpeg

• Like 2

Might fry up into a nice side for the Entrecote Fritte.

3 hours ago, IStream said:

Mmmm. Carby.

However small, you've got to take those little wins in life whenever you can!

• Like 2

Nice work Hobey, I'm just re belling against the youngsters in tha family. Parently I should be dead.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:21 AM, Contumacious Tom said:

Tom has a level of seriousness you would want in an Air Force navigator, especially about sailing. Not that he's incapable of frivolity. He let us use Whimsy as Committee Boat for the Sun Cat Nationals and made and narrated a hilarious 5 minute video of the start sequence. Racers: it's funny because this was the Sun Cat Nationals and I'm talking about the five minutes AFTER the starting gun, during which racers crossed the start line. It's probably still on his youtube channel.

I forgot that I had edited and uploaded that one so it's on my channel not his. If you were looking...

12 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Hey CL, we maye hafte tpo waitte forre the crowde to speake....................                            :)

I think the votes are now limited to 20 per day, not sure if that's up and down together or separately.

Good ol’ Tom. He could bury the rail

in that race!

23 hours ago, Wess said:

Do you guys seriously care and count these things?  I think he down voted me many timers.  Who cares?  Its the folks pushing 1000 or two up or down that scare me.  Lemmings and idiots I suspect.  Let it go man...

+1  It seems that on the interwebs there is always the strong possibility of any and all cognitive interaction reverting to junior high school spit ball shooting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, monsoon said:
On 2/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, Wess said:

+1  It seems that on the interwebs there is always the strong possibility of any and all cognitive interaction reverting to junior high school spit ball shooting.

I hope you don't mind that I hit the "Like" button on your post. Ironically, of course

FB- Doug

21 hours ago, hobot said:

Spaghetti noodles and butternut squash.

Super easy to make and it's really tasty.

12173.jpeg

Butternut squash and Italian snausage (blame Ish) and pasta are heavenly.

19 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Tonight it's Italian sausage (I didn't start the snausage thing, and I'm not taking blame) and spaghetti squash. Plus a fry-up of zucchini, bell peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, and whatever or whoever else gets in the way.

On 2/4/2019 at 6:34 AM, d'ranger said:

So is there a limit of down votes in a day?

limit on votes , I'm guessing both up and down combined .

4 hours ago, Bull City said:

Even better without the butternut (yecch) squash. Barely brown cooked pancetta or sausage and chopped garlic in olive oil, crack two eggs (per person) in that, when eggs firm slightly, slide on to al dente pasta or spaghetti squash, grind a generous amount of pecorino romano and cracked pepper on top. Break eggs to coat. My kids' favorite pasta dish while they were still here :-(

• Like 1

Sounds like a great breakfast!

I have a great idea! 

Lets all pitch in and have the beautiful Dragon delivered Stateside. We can get the best SA has and finish her off to Jammer’s specs and present it to him as a gift in return for all of his service to the “community”. 

D572AB44-D266-4E99-AA64-CF61C467AEA0.jpeg

I have a better idea.

Lets not.

He might think we like him and return.

9 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I have a great idea! 

Lets all pitch in and have the beautiful Dragon delivered Stateside. We can get the best SA has and finish her off to Jammer’s specs and present it to him as a gift in return for all of his service to the “community”. 

Geez, I'd be happy with a little clinker built dinghy and a bota bag!

Any chance of getting one if I bail out from the SA website and then come back in a couple months?

So, it looks like this thread took out my buddy daveprobable/plausible.  What a shame.

• Like 1

He went pretty soon after you posted. 

Tough shit on him. :lol:

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

He went pretty soon after you posted. 

Tough shit on him. :lol:

Its one thing to ban a user.... its another to ban an ip address.  

17 minutes ago, basketcase said:

So, it looks like this thread took out my buddy daveprobable/plausible.  What a shame.

fixte                          :)

• Like 2

I’m not color blind!:lol:

Sometimes the whole IP address has to suffer because of one or two smelly socks...

1 hour ago, basketcase said:

The Major has come & gone a number of times. He seems to leave for a while and then come back under a new name.

1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

the colour of sarcasm

?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

The Major has come & gone a number of times. He seems to leave for a while and then come back under a new name.

in the past its been days, not weeks......

20 minutes ago, basketcase said:
1 hour ago, Snaggletooth said:

the colour of sarcasm

?

Yes, as laide oute by "the breatheren" (originalle anarchisttes)                                :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Sometimes the whole IP address has to suffer because of one or two smelly socks...

try 15 or 16.

and im 'new' to this side of anarchy..... missed out on the colour coding.

Lavender is the new sarcasm font.

Welcome to the real world.

One without Dave

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Lavender is the new sarcasm font.

Welcome to the real world.

One without Dave

Dave's not here, man.

• Like 3

I’m thinking that Overplay got waylaid by this thread too

Could life be that good?!!!

• Like 1

I thick thissis the garbiagge compacttore threade!                                    :)

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Dave's not here, man.

He's out enjoying the boat he brought back from Europe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hobot said:

He's out enjoying the boat he brought back from Europe.

Are we talking the same Dave here? davidprobable doesn't enjoy anything except the occasional bowel movement.

58 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Are we talking the same Dave here? davidprobable doesn't enjoy anything except the occasional bowel movement.

33 minutes ago, hobot said:

no..... i dont think so..... but daveprobable aka the major aka f'ingdinosaur aka.....aka.....aka plausible is still around here. totally a different dave. ours is a retired investment councillor...... or shyster lawyer. 

I remember that dick F’ing dinosaur sock:angry:

3 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I remember that dick F’ing dinosaur sock:angry:

Yes, that Dave was a raving asshole. He'll be back, unless Scot took out Ontario as collateral damage.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, basketcase said:

different dave. ours is a retired investment councillor...... or shyster lawyer. 

I thick you forgotte adjatieve 'scarrey'

2 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

I thick you forgotte adjatieve 'scarrey'

No.... just asshole. 

7 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Yes, that Dave was a raving asshole. He'll be back, unless Scot took out Ontario as collateral damage.

You can get a lot closer with an ip address. 

On 2/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, Sail4beer said:

I accidentally took out most of the area around most of Puget Sound trying to get rid of the Dan Taylor back in the day.

Yes, this software lets you block entire subnets with masking.

No, it is not a good idea I learned.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

I accidentally took out most of the area around most of Puget Sound trying to get rid of the Dan Taylor back in the day.

Yes, this software lets you block entire subnets with masking.

No, it is not a good idea I learned.

It was a worthwhile amount of collateral damage.

She sings about the Sloop John Tavern for dear Jammer

He always liked the gambling analogy!

0F6C5BF6-2ECA-47E7-80F2-496C09B8D403.png