Sail4beer

Jammer Six has left and taken it all with him

His mom finally figured out what he had been doing in the basement, and made him pull the plug.

Too bad the gaff rig thread got deleted - starting that thread was one of his few positive contributions to this site.

Did he leave or was he kicked out? What precipitated it?

The world is a little better place today. :D

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, IStream said:

I'm thinking he was pushed. Hard to do that much cleanout on your own, whereas Scot's Fickle Finger of Fate could do it with one keystroke.

Edit: It's hard to be a successful troll once your picture, real name, and address start circulating.

What was his back story? I thought he was trying hard to be a nice chap in the gaff thread, even though it was clearly an effort. 

It’s much worse being someone like that, than being around them. And it’s pretty awful being around them. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

I'm thinking he was pushed. Hard to do that much cleanout on your own, whereas Scot's Fickle Finger of Fate could do it with one keystroke.

Edit: It's hard to be a successful troll once your picture, real name, and address start circulating.

I hadn't seen the picture and name info, though I must admit I'm curious because he's local to me and I wonder if we've crossed paths. Did he out himself? If so, who was he?

Assuming he didn't out himself, is there a little-known codicil in the Faber College constitution that allows the outing of flicked members?

Can you imagine being so tormented and jealous on a discussion forum that's supposed to be enjoyable, and getting into (provoking) so many pissing contests. Hard to understand. I'm glad I'm not married to him... or any of you other blokes.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, IStream said:

I hadn't seen the picture and name info, though I must admit I'm curious because he's local to me and I wonder if we've crossed paths. Did he out himself? If so, who was he?

I'm curious too for the same reasons.  

3 hours ago, slap said:

His mom finally figured out what he had been doing in the basement, and made him pull the plug.

Too bad the gaff rig thread got deleted - starting that thread was one of his few positive contributions to this site.

If Scot got peeved and nuked him, then he may have hit the "Flag as Spammer" button, which does indeed erase your existence.

However, after he did this to a couple of people that didn't really deserve it and I had restore their accounts (and explain what happened to their content), we wised up and I had it set to MARK the threads deleted, but not actually delete the content. This was done to prevent this exact scenario - a user goes full idiot and gets banned (by Scot...I never did it that way) and all the good content they may have started gets lost along with their garbage. It happened many times.

So unless something has been changed behind the scenes, a Moderator should be able to restore that thread very easily. If one asked Scot or a Moderator to do it.

Bite your tongue BJ - I never saw a single word of value from the fool.

17 minutes ago, Bull City said:

Can you imagine being so tormented and jealous on a discussion forum that's supposed to be enjoyable, and getting into (provoking) so many pissing contests. Hard to understand. I'm glad I'm not married to him... or any of you other blokes.

I’d make you breakfast and iron your shirts ....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bob Perry said:

Maybe he'll show up at my talk in Anacortes today. I'd like that.

That would be great unless he brings a gun or something like that. Did he ever post in PA?!

Personally, I think he pulled a Tom Scott

3 hours ago, Ishmael said:

Gaytorre woude adgree, that greene eye mackeup he worre at PB manssione realley sunke hisse asse.                              :)

2 hours ago, Bull City said:

Hard to understand. I'm glad I'm not married to him... or any of you other blokes.

Dointe gette bicchey on us nowe.                           :)

1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

Could be. I'm just happy he's gone. His socks, on the other hand...

27 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Could be. I'm just happy he's gone. His socks, on the other hand...

What?  Do thay smelle?

5 hours ago, IStream said:

Vigilantes.

So much for anarchy, this hooliganism is more like when the Hell's Angels did security for the Stones at Altamont.

Be afraid Proa - be very afraid.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Bite your tongue BJ - I never saw a single word of value from the fool.

Me neither, but I got the impression there was at least one thread that he started that other people had decent conversation in which is now gone. Gaff rigged or something.

an·ar·chy
/ˈanərkē/
noun

1. a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
    "he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"
    synonyms: lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemonium
    "the country is threatened with anarchy"

• absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

I always chuckled when a lot of you took the bait, hook, line, and sinker.  I vote for reinstatement. 
  • Like 1

He never showed at my talk. But it was standing room only and I saw friends I hadn't see in 40+ years. Dave Vacanti aka Dr. Keel was there. Doug Fryer, owner of NIGHT RUNNER was there. Einer Sortun, first person to build one of my designs, was there. Sledracer was there. It was fun. But it was better to get back to the shack. I skipped the after event dinner, hit Mac D's and bolted for the barn.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, Bob Perry said:

He never showed at my talk. But it was standing room only and I saw friends I hadn't see in 40+ years. Dave Vacanti aka Dr. Keel was there. Doug Fryer, owner of NIGHT RUNNER was there. Einer Sortun, first person to build one of my designs, was there. Sledracer was there. It was fun. But it was better to get back to the shack. I skipped the after event dinner, hit Mac D's and bolted for the barn.

Will said he was planning to go.

• Like 1

B.J. :

Will was there and I gave him a call out. He did some work for me last week. Gave me his bill tonight. I gave him some extra. Kids tend to undervalue their efforts. It's great to have him close by to help me with the 3D stuff. Got to meet Tony for the first time. Seemed like a good guy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, B dock said:
an·ar·chy
/ˈanərkē/
noun

1. a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.
    "he must ensure public order in a country threatened with anarchy"
    synonyms: lawlessness, absence of government, nihilism, mobocracy, revolution, insurrection, riot, rebellion, mutiny, disorder, disorganization, misrule, chaos, tumult, turmoil, mayhem, pandemonium
    "the country is threatened with anarchy"

• absence of government and absolute freedom of the individual, regarded as a political ideal.

I always chuckled when a lot of you took the bait, hook, line, and sinker.  I vote for reinstatement. 

Oh please, the way the term "Anarchy" is used here died with the Sex Pistols.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

B.J. :

Will was there and I gave him a call out. He did some work for me last week. Gave me his bill tonight. I gave him some extra. Kids tend to undervalue their efforts. It's great to have him close by to help me with the 3D stuff. Got to meet Tony for the first time. Seemed like a good guy.

Glad to hear that. You've talked to him more recently than I have, I didn't know anything about the work he was doing for you.

As an interesting aside, his sister will be learning Rhino this year for an art class she's taking at Bucknell. No Orca for her though, but she is learning sculpting with digital fabrication using 3D printers, C&C machines, etc. etc. Cool stuff...

We like Tony.

B.J.:

Bryan Sims owner of SUSPECT, ex STARBUCK, want s to race the  Chi-Mac this year in the ORR class. To get that rating he needed a 3D file for the boat, hull, keel and rudder. I designed this boat 23 years ago and we did not do 3D files like this back then. I had to take the 2D  drawings and convert them to 3D. I had Will do the hull and rudder and Neil Racicot do the keel. Both are guys who's work I can trust and they work fast. I'm am very lucky to have them close by. I plan to use them on the new 51'er I just started Friday.

46813001671_77df519f02_k.jpgHull Model Image by robert perry, on Flickr

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

Will you promise not to nag me about not putting my laundry away and leave the crossword puzzle for me?

16 hours ago, Bull City said:

I've met a number of SA'ers, and members of a previous usenet sailing forum, and there are a lot of SA'ers I would go at least a bit out of my way to meet in person in the future.

Jammer was never even close to making that list, along with a few other jerks and trolls.

Marriage? Ummmm....

8 minutes ago, Bull City said:
16 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

Will you promise not to nag me about not putting my laundry away and leave the crossword puzzle for me?

Good now I don't have to think of a way to let you down easy.............................

FB- Doug

1 minute ago, Bull City said:

I'll sing you to sleep with The Ballad of the Sailor's Fantasy Wife, to the tune of Facade by William Walton.

I'll not smell your farts
I'll forgive the spare parts 
That you leave on the living room floor

I'll laugh at your jokes
I'll only nag you for pokes
Which I'll swear are the best that I've had

Though I earn twice more than you
I'll pretend that YOU do
And I won't have a private account

And I'll do all of this
(And pretend I don't miss
My Opera Box Charity Lunches)

Because you alone understand
The breeze off the land
And once port tacked the fleet at Cowes

And because you know how to bleed
The fuel pump feed
While mastless in Gale force eight

[Sorry Bull, I'm losing the will to live here!)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Snaggletooth said:

Gaytorre woude adgree, that greene eye mackeup he worre at PB manssione realley sunke hisse asse.                              :)

Gator is here hiding in a sock. 

22 minutes ago, mad said:

Gator is here hiding in a sock. 

I notte so siurre.  Halve you seene Freddey Gouv aronde muche?                              :) 

On the topic of fallen members I am considering throwing Randumb an on- line wake. Everyone can just grab a 6 pack of what ever they want and I will deliver his eulogy. We will have a slide show of his stupidest posts while his favourite song ( ‘cunt’ by blood duster) plays. Afterwards we all stand around trying to say nice things about him before giving up and hitting on the barmaids. Hell I might even organise a stripper.

Very respectful of you LB. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

On the topic of fallen members I am considering throwing Randumb an on- line wake. Everyone can just grab a 6 pack of what ever they want and I will deliver his eulogy. We will have a slide show of his stupidest posts while his favourite song ( ‘cunt’ by blood duster) plays. Afterwards we all stand around trying to say nice things about him before giving up and hitting on the barmaids. Hell I might even organise a stripper.

Or you could make a video tribute like you did for Bent.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Do his craziest conspiracy posts rather than just the stupid ones.

I know, I know, there's a lot of overlap.

1 hour ago, mad said:

Very respectful of you LB. 

Yes I intend to get a classy stripper- not too many Tatts and most of her own teeth. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

I'll sing you to sleep with The Ballad of the Sailor's Fantasy Wife, to the tune of Facade by William Walton.

I'll not smell your farts
I'll forgive the spare parts 
That you leave on the living room floor

I'll laugh at your jokes
I'll only nag you for pokes
Which I'll swear are the best that I've had

Though I earn twice more than you
I'll pretend that YOU do
And I won't have a private account

And I'll do all of this
(And pretend I don't miss
My Opera Box Charity Lunches)

Because you alone understand
The breeze off the land
And once port tacked the fleet at Cowes

And because you know how to bleed
The fuel pump feed
While mastless in Gale force eight

[Sorry Bull, I'm losing the will to live here!)

Post a video of yourself singing that, and we'll set the date.  :wub:

On 1/20/2019 at 8:08 AM, Bull City said:

Curiously the feeling is likely mutual??

24 minutes ago, Trickypig said:

Curiously the feeling is likely mutual??

I should hope so??

Went to the opera in Seattle yesterday. After the opera Max and I had some time to kill before Max's water polo practice so we did a quick Ballard pub crawl. I was hoping to find Lyle. But no luck there. Did have a very nice IPA at the Maritime Brewery.

• Like 1

Check the Sloop tavern. I heard he might be a member of the yacht club there...

F7713AA1-E571-44AF-94D8-DED000F8BB4A.jpeg

I heard the STYC was full of cool people, not idiot trolls.

He said something about being a member there because they have the proper membership protocol, etc. 

I think it was the club membership thread from back in Oct/Nov.

I should call and ask the bartender to send one down to the dark corner of the bar on us!

Cool place except everyone is required to sing "Hang On Sloopy"  on Karaoke Night. Or so I wuz told. 

Nah, Jammer's more of a Seattle Sailing Club type... The proverbial big fish in a little pond.

<_<

Possible that it’s one of his alternate personalities belongs to Styc

43 minutes ago, Je Prefere said:

Possible that it’s one of his alternate personalities belongs to Styc

Ist that licke Storme Trysaille Clube?  I gaive up seeking membereship ounce LR wase the comedeydorre.  I reallized the clubbe wase a jocke.  I no, I keepe hearreng thisse songue to............

propte up onley by hesse idiotte buddey DuMoullin.           :)

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, Bob Perry said:

What was the boat of yours that  Einer Sortun built? I worked at Cadranells with Einer in the 1970 and maybe I helped build it. It was my first boatyard job and I put on a lot of veneers and pulled a lot of staple.

Todd

Todd:

That was the quarter tonner UNION JACK. That boat is now owned by Bob Cadranell's daughter and is in very good shape.

Union Jack, she's a beaut!

Might you be able to post a pic or two?

Yeah, it’s been a while since we got some eye candy here!

On 1/19/2019 at 8:16 PM, Bob Perry said:

Haven't seen Einar since his brother's memorial.  Hope he's well.  

As for Jammer?  Not missed at all.

Edited by Left Shift

I ran into him at the Wooden Boat Festival in Port Townsend this year. I hadn't seen him since I worked with him in the 70's but he seemed to be in fine shape,  just older like the rest of us.

On 1/19/2019 at 12:18 PM, Sail4beer said:

I miss Tom Scott.  I was sad to see him go.   Someone had said Ajax drove him off, but that seems crazy cause Ajax is always nice and helpful I thought.  Maybe some sarcasm was missed along the way?   Anyways.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MauiPunter said:

I miss Tom Scott.  I was sad to see him go.   Someone had said Ajax drove him off, but that seems crazy cause Ajax is always nice and helpful I thought.  Maybe some sarcasm was missed along the way?   Anyways.

To be frank, I stayed out of here for a long time. There was a period there when you weren't left wondering if you disagreed with the herd but I guess that's just SA. Friends for a reason, friends for a season.

It seems mostly better these days.

4 hours ago, MauiPunter said:

Naw, he was just heeled over so far that the leeway took him off course and he hasn't yet found a way back from running aground on the shoals!  ;)

• Like 3

Lefty:

Einar is doing well and managing a small, private marina in Anacortes. I've known Einar for 50 years. He's reasonably healthy. He seem happy. He's not a complainer. I stop in for a chat with him when I go to the Betts yard. He's just a few blocks away.

Hobs:

Sorry but I do not have a single photo of UNION JACK. I'll do some file drawer diving and see what I can find to scan.

What is the local 1/2 tonner(?) you designed? Boomer pointed it out to me once, another IOR beauty.

That was the Bystedt 30. I owned hull no. 1 CHINOOK. It was a very fast boat in a breeze but in light to medium the San Juan 30 and Alan Holt's Peterson boat  had speed on me.

5 hours ago, hobot said:

another IOR beauty.

Yes Yes Yes

Bystedt 30 

3 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

That was the Bystedt 30. I owned hull no. 1 CHINOOK. It was a very fast boat in a breeze but in light to medium the San Juan 30 and Alan Holt's Peterson boat  had speed on me.

Alan Holt would have speed on most people even if he was in a bathtub.

• Like 1

My biggest issue with Jammer was that he identified as former Enlisted (US Army, Alaska West Coast USA). I do not think he made any deployments.

Sailing is full of decision makers in hiring and acceptance in all parts of life. Former Enlisted like Jammer who make themselves into an obnoxious pest harm other Enlisted in life’s endeavors. 

I am happy he is gone. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kent H said:

Yes Yes Yes

Bystedt 30 

image.thumb.png.cfb2783b98bc528a510ba196993c4cda.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kimbottles said:

Alan Holt would have speed on most people even if he was in a bathtub.

Well yes, there is that. Former World Star Class champion.

Hey!!!

There is now a Dick Carter yacht designer fan club on Facebook.

I was talking to Dick on the phone this morning and he mentioned my fan club and how great he thought it was. I suggested he do the same thing. Dick is not a FB type although he has an account. He said he did not know how that would be done. Then I posted on my fan club page that I wanted help set ting yup a fan club for Dick Carter. Within ten minutes it was up and running. It now has 25 members!  Dick is really amazed and excited about it. Go visit it and join the club. It will make Dick feel good.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bob Perry said:

Hey!!!

I was talking to Dick on the phone this morning and he mentioned my fan club and how great he thought it was. I suggested he do the same thing. Dick is not a FB type although he has an account. He said he did not know how that would be done. Then I posted on my fan club page that I wanted help set ting yup a fan club for Dick Carter. Within ten minutes it was up and running. It now has 25 members!  Dick is really amazed and excited about it. Go visit it and join the club. It will make Dick feel good.

Ok, will do!

• Like 1

Gary Bystedt, now we are in the way back machine PNWesties.  Regarding Dick Carter I know we have mentioned this but last time I saw Rabbit she was rotting on the hard in Deer Harbor.  Very sad, we had some great races on that boat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

image.thumb.png.cfb2783b98bc528a510ba196993c4cda.png

Hey! That's me! I owned that boat for 22 years and put a lot miles on it.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Bob Perry said:

Hey!!!

This is the only time I’ve been drawn to FB ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Gary Bystedt, now we are in the way back machine PNWesties.  Regarding Dick Carter I know we have mentioned this but last time I saw Rabbit she was rotting on the hard in Deer Harbor.  Very sad, we had some great races on that boat.

Yes, we did. Wild times. Fun times.

OK I am now a "Follower" of Dick Carter Yachts...…..  Sounds a little cultish but then again it is Facebook. 

There was a 33 for sale in Stars and Stripes blue.... just sweet.  Definitely my favorite of the production boats.  

Saw this in the Dick Carter fan club.   Wowsa that's gorgeous.

Image may contain: ocean, sky, outdoor, water and nature

• Like 1

I saw that also and thought the same thing. I think I am a member of his fan club (I don't FB much and if not for Bob's club would have left some time ago).  The FT10 is what got me hooked, the history and the great boats are keeping me here.

If we're going to move from Jammer's departure to interesting sailing stuff, please start a new thread. I almost dropped this!:o

Thread drift is an inevitable part of Cruising Anarchy. It’s just how we overcome or are overtaken by the drift that matters.

I think a “How I Made Dick Carter’s FanClub Appear Out Of Nowhere” thread would get some legs.

• Like 3

How’s the surfboard coming along Bull?

22 hours ago, Mr. Ed said:

This is the only time I’ve been drawn to FB ...

Careful, it's full of people spouting politician nonsense.

Beer:

I posted on my fan club page that we should set up a fan club for Dick Carter. Dick's fan club page was up and running and bringing in members within 15 minutes! That was about 27 hours ago. As of 5 minutes ago he had over 150 members. Talked to him this morning. He is very happy. Still a bit incredulous at the speed it happened.

• Like 2

I’m going to missy on over and see if I can join in. He had some really great designs and there are some cool old pics of him skippering boats. One of him in the Fastnet if I’m not mistaken. A boat with an outboard rudder...