Sign in to follow this  
Fakenews

Trumpeters caught on video taunting American Indian.

7 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

They were very calm when they were doing the tomahawk chop and making war whoops.

They may or may not have instigated the contact, but they acted like a bunch of snotty, racist little assholes once it was.

Mr Philips walked up to them, banging a drum he was chanting a Native  American song.

I saw students clapping in time to the drum ,  joining in his chanting, missed the tomahawk, if that is racist you better go after the Braves fans in Atlanta.  

Mocking the guy who got in their face,  yep.  Not racist or being assholes responding in kind to the taunting they were being subjected to.  

2 minutes ago, The Joker said:

you better go after the Braves fans in Atlanta.  

People have been going after racist themed sports mascot for years. Or haven't you been paying attention?

And even if the Braves fan behavior WAS acceptable in a stadium during as ball game, do you think it's even remotely appropriate or respectful to a tribal elder in this situation, if it was what they claim it was?

On 1/19/2019 at 9:44 PM, Shortforbob said:

Different clip on the ABC (au)

Absolutely sickening... https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-20/boys-in-maga-caps-stare-down-native-american-protester/10730044

Red hat parents must be so proud of their teenagers sneering little faces being broadcast across the world in such a demonstration of oafish ignorance and cruelty.

Meli, you can breathe again, it was all bullshit.

“I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’” Phillips told the paper.

-So I’m going to try to walk through this here little group of protesters...

...yeah...

36 minutes ago, The Joker said:

My point was these kids acted with incredible restraint in the face of some nasty taunting.  

Them catholic boys get used to acting with restraint. If they make too much fuss they might get picked every night. 

19 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

People have been going after racist themed sports mascot for years. Or haven't you been paying attention?

And even if the Braves fan behavior WAS acceptable in a stadium during as ball game, do you think it's even remotely appropriate or respectful to a tribal elder in this situation, if it was what they claim it was?

You are correct They were mocking him. In my opinion given how badly he misjudged the situation it was to be expected.  

He was mocking them by beating a drum and chanting in their faces.  He confronted them not the other way around. 

For all they knew he was swearing at them in his native language  

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

You are correct They were mocking him. In my opinion given how badly he misjudged the situation it was to be expected.  

He was mocking them by beating a drum and chanting in their faces.  He confronted them not the other way around. 

For all they knew he was swearing at them in his native language  

The MAGA standard of behavior.

30 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

I have video proof of what actually happened. Now you lying sack of shit where did I call Phillips a racist bully? 

Oh wait you are a lying sack of shit so we know you didn't watch the video where Phillips accomplice told the kids to go back to Europe, not Phillips himself.

So go fuck yourself you lying sack of shit.

You're upset because that I didn't realize you meant a different native american drummer? 

Maybe try making it clear next time, who you're talking about, and who you're not talking about.

There's a shitload of people accusing Phillips of being a racebaiting provocateur. 

I'm not a goddamn mind reader. 

Doesn't make me a lying sack of shit.  Just not a fucking mindreader.

Asshole.

• Like 1

Pretty much standard behavior for any nervous high school kid with his tribe when confronted by another tribe or tribes, bust into your fight song and war dance.

Just admit you’re so eager for material you jumped the gun. There’s so much good material out there you really should check your stories better.

The kid wasn't even on a school sponsored trip. "In an email to BuzzFeed News, Lilly said administrators were only aware of one student — the boy featured in the video — being involved in the incident. He said the student was in high school and was not on a school-sponsored trip."

35 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

40 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Nathan Phillips version: 

"Phillips told the Washington Post Saturday that he had been singing an American Indian Movement song that serves as a ceremony to send the spirits home when he noticed that tensions started to escalate.

“It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’” Phillips told the paper. But after one of the teens wearing a MAGA hat stood in his way, he said, he continued to drum and sing.

“I felt like the spirit was talking through me,” Phillips said" 

The video versions I watched show him being surrounded. He certainly was never confrontational, didn't speak a word, and was totally non-violent. I am having trouble seeing him as an instigator.

image.gif

You're missing a big part of his statement, and a lot of videos.  He said, and video shows, that he walked into the group  -  from a good 50 feet away  -  when they were yelling back & forth with the BHI guys. 

23 minutes ago, chum said:

“I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’” Phillips told the paper.

-So I’m going to try to walk through this here little group of protesters...

...yeah...

No.  He walked into the group, to distract & try to calm things down.  Then smugface got in front of him, and shit got even more tense.  At which point he started looking for a way out.

1 minute ago, badlatitude said:

The kid wasn't even on a school sponsored trip. "In an email to BuzzFeed News, Lilly said administrators were only aware of one student — the boy featured in the video — being involved in the incident. He said the student was in high school and was not on a school-sponsored trip."

That complete fucking bullshit.  Half those kids are wearing school gear, they start chanting school chants, the kid's statement refers to a chaperone.  Whoever Lilly is, he or she is completely unimformed...

Oh, hold the fuck on.  I googled and found the article.  That's a reference to a completely different kid, from a completely different school.  WTF are you trying to pull?

"At least one boy was wearing a hoodie from Owensboro Catholic, another school in Kentucky. In one video, a man tells the group of boys that they are on stolen land, and the boy in the Owensboro Catholic hoodie responds, "Land gets stolen. That’s how it works. It’s the way of the world."

Tom Lilly, president of Owensboro Catholic Schools, told the Owensboro Times that some middle school students traveled to Washington, DC, for the Right to Life March on Friday.

In an email to BuzzFeed News, Lilly said administrators were only aware of one student — the boy featured in the video — being involved in the incident. He said the student was in high school and was not on a school-sponsored trip."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/teens-taunted-native-american-elder-indigenous-peoples-march

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, frenchie said:

You're missing a big part of his statement, and a lot of videos.  He said, and video shows, that he walked into the group  -  from a good 50 feet away  -  when they were yelling back & forth with the BHI guys. 

No.  He walked into the group, to distract & try to calm things down.  Then smugface got in front of him, and shit got even more tense.  At which point he started looking for a way out.

That complete fucking bullshit.  Half those kids are wearing school gear, they start chanting school chants, the kid's statement refers to a chaperone.  Whoever Lilly is, he or she is completely unimformed...

Oh, hold the fuck on.  I googled and found the article.  That's a reference to a completely different kid, from a completely different school.  WTF are you trying to pull?

"At least one boy was wearing a hoodie from Owensboro Catholic, another school in Kentucky. In one video, a man tells the group of boys that they are on stolen land, and the boy in the Owensboro Catholic hoodie responds, "Land gets stolen. That’s how it works. It’s the way of the world."

Tom Lilly, president of Owensboro Catholic Schools, told the Owensboro Times that some middle school students traveled to Washington, DC, for the Right to Life March on Friday.

In an email to BuzzFeed News, Lilly said administrators were only aware of one student — the boy featured in the video — being involved in the incident. He said the student was in high school and was not on a school-sponsored trip."

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/juliareinstein/teens-taunted-native-american-elder-indigenous-peoples-march

Sorry for the confusion, but there is only one boy central to this story.

1 hour ago, chum said:

A smug smile and a red hat - a model young man from a model American family.

Someone to be proud of.

20 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

So you didn't watch the facts in the video and then stated I said Phillips was a racist bully. That would be a lie.

Sorry lying scum.

Maybe if you'd said "the racist scumbag standing next to Phillips" or something like that, I would have had a clue what you were talking about? 

There's nothing in post 65 to even hint you weren't referring to Phillips.

Hold on... the video you're accusing me of not having seen.  Which I have seen.  Where someone in Phillips' group says "whitey go back to europe".

Is that moment even part of the videos Mickey posted?  I'm pretty sure that happens after Mickey's video ends.  And over by where Phillips and the kid are faced off, whereas Mickey's video is over by the BHI guys.

No, I didn't watch the whole thing.  I'm not sitting through that much Black Hebrew Israelite nonsense.  I only skimmed it.   

edit: okay, now I have watched the whole thing.  You're talking about a different video, ya fuckwit.  If I hadn't seen it, I STILL would know who you were talking about.  Maybe you should have posted it?  Maybe you should own up to being completely fucking unclear.

Watch both videos Mickey posted.  The ones you quoted in post 65.  NO reasonab;le person would have a fucking clue you weren't talking about Phillips.  Matter of fact, I now think you WERE, just don't want to admit it. 

Don't like it?  Clarify your dumb ass.  Post the video where the other drummer says whitey go back to europe.  IT"S NOT IN THIS THREAD.

Yeah well the video clearly shows otherwise. They walked into it.

7 minutes ago, chum said:

Yeah well the video clearly shows otherwise. They walked into it.

Good thing you're not judging it.

Oh, don't judge it for yourself. In fact, let's all take some virtue signaling panty pissing collectivist in the middle of a meltdown's word on it and fake indignation and outrage!

(Try saying that out loud 50 times clove hitch.  :ph34r:)

1 minute ago, Mickey Rat said:

Oh, don't judge it for yourself. In fact, let's all take some virtue signaling panty pissing collectivist in the middle of a meltdown's word on it and fake indignation and outrage!

(Try saying that out loud 50 times clove hitch.  :ph34r:)

Boo Hoo Hoo, try repeating that until you fall asleep.

12 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Judge not...

When Jesus said that he was not implying that we could not judge whether someone's choices were wrong. You know that, right?

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judgeyeshall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye.

Pretty clear.

8 minutes ago, chum said:

Judge not...

Why not?

Cause with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, chum said:

Matt.7. [1] Judge not, that ye be not judged. [2] For with what judgment ye judgeyeshall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. [3] And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye.

Pretty clear.

always love the quoting of a 17th century translation of the bible as the word of Jesus.

particularly amusing in this case.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

always love the quoting of a 17th century translation of the bible as the word of Jesus.

Did you hear it differently?

1 minute ago, chum said:

Cause for what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Pretty clear.

Bring it.

2 minutes ago, chum said:

Pretty clear.

Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7:1-2)

I'm sure there are others who will correct you, but my high school interpretation said that be true to yourself before you judge.

6 minutes ago, chum said:

Cause for what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Pretty clear.

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Upharson.  

Weighed, Weighed, Measured, Divided.  The handwriting on the wall.  Those that lie, steal and dishonor their nation and the kingdom of god shall be judged. 

Catholic boys should know that, and perhaps they will when their testosterone and zits are diminished to adult levels.

I don’t come to SA to get religion. I come here for the laughs.

16 minutes ago, chum said:

I don’t come to SA to get religion. I come here for the laughs.

Then spend some time watching Mike Pence stare lovingly at tRump's haircut and talk about "Mother" like a submissive geek.  

Fuckin' hilarious.

28 minutes ago, chum said:

Ahhh, ye be with stone and without sin, be ye SJB?

That gave me the heebee jeebees.

24 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Do I need to say the racist guys in the white pointy hats for you to figure out what I'm talking about? I thought everyone was racist according to the left? So it would be easy to for you to figure out the person saying "this is not your land go back to Europe" might be easily identified as the racist. At no point did I name Phillips, he never made a racist comment that I have heard in ANY of the videos. He beats a drum 2" from a kids face that he walked up to who just stood there. If that was me he would be wearing his tambourine like a hula-hoop. 

Skip to 1:35 if it is too much for you to handle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX801xLSFYhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX801xLSFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX801xLSFY

So ... you're upset enough to call me a lying piece of shit... because when you said "racist bully with the drum", I thought you meant the guy with the drum in the videos in this thread.  When you were actually talking about this other guy... who doesn't have a drum... in a completely different video, that's not in this thread.

And not having seen this particular video, somehow also makes me a lying sack of shit.  Because if I'd seen it, I'd realize "racist bully with the drum" was a reference to guy with nothing in his hands; not Phillips, the guy with a drum in this video as well.

But, strictly as an aside, I guess  -  if Phillips drummed in your face like that, he'd be wearing his drum as a hoola-hoop.

...is that right?

racist bully with the drum.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

The craziest part is that his initial statement was pretty clear to begin with  -  that he saw the kids facing off to the BHI guys, and decided to interpose himself to calm everyone down.

Yet the initial Hot Takes were that the kids had surrounded him.  Even though he never fucking said that.

Ummm...

6 hours ago, frenchie said:

Sorry for stepping on your turf, I realize that sort of thing is usually your job, here. 

You're still doing it!

I can't wait to see if you make as many ignore lists as I have!

5 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

They may or may not have instigated the contact, but they acted like a bunch of snotty, racist little assholes once it was.

It's a mystery who the instigators were in this situation.

Well, not to frenchie. But to some.

This is a picture from a 2015 basketball game (maybe 2013), where some fine,  upstanding, totally-not-racist fellows went to cheer on their team, the Covington Catholic Colonels. Here they are portrait cheering on...or is it offering moral and spiritual support...a player from the opposing team.

They students, part of the Covington Catholic Crazies (as they call themselves...maybe Kovington Katholic Krazies is too obvious?), claim that absolutely are not dressed in blackface because they paint their whole bodies black. And it has nothing to do with them playing schools with black players. Whether the screamer in the front is making a white power sign is debatable, as I do not think that had been co-opted by the alt-right back then - I think it's an incidental motion.

image.png.e448395215e2087c5b20aabccb11c823.png

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/should-the-colonel-318088-page4.html

Note that this school has ZERO teachers that are not white. Not one. They had a tiny handful of minority students in the school with 500 boys.

While these are not the specific boys that were acting like racist doucheholes the other day, they're all part of the same toxic culture.

And I am certain everything they say about the incident is true. Especially the praying.

I'm sure that racism had nothing to do with what happened in DC. Just like at the basketball games, it's just boys with exuberant and zealous school spirit.

20 hours ago, frenchie said:

The kids had been getting harassed by a trio of Black Hebrew Israelite

I looked into this group a bit.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6386799/Dozens-Black-Israelites-say-true-descendants-Hebrews-descend-Capitol-Hill.html

I'm with them on the whole hanging Santa thing. Other than that, just racist assholes.

A high school student who was filmed staring down a Native American Vietnam War veteran during last Friday’s Indigenous Peoples March has defended his actions, claiming he was singled out.

Nick Sandmann, a student from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, was seen smugly staring at Nathan Phillips while his peers stared down the vet as he sang the American Indian Movement song on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

The teen, who was part of a group of students wearing “Make America Great Again” hats, said that both he and his family have received death threats following the highly publicized incident.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nick-sandmann-native-american-maga-protest_us_5c452fa7e4b027c3bbc2f869

YCMTSU folks, yes you read it correctly, death threats for the fascist left.  :ph34r: 

And they just keep doubling down on stupid. 

I still haven't seen proof that the old guy is NA. Possibly another Lizzy Warren or Racheal Dozial.

Both democunts as I recall, let's see the DNA test  

1 hour ago, B.J. Porter said:

This is a picture from a 2015 basketball game (maybe 2013), where some fine,  upstanding, totally-not-racist fellows went to cheer on their team, the Covington Catholic Colonels. Here they are portrait cheering on...or is it offering moral and spiritual support...a player from the opposing team.

They students, part of the Covington Catholic Crazies (as they call themselves...maybe Kovington Katholic Krazies is too obvious?), claim that absolutely are not dressed in blackface because they paint their whole bodies black. And it has nothing to do with them playing schools with black players. Whether the screamer in the front is making a white power sign is debatable, as I do not think that had been co-opted by the alt-right back then - I think it's an incidental motion.

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-boys-basketball/should-the-colonel-318088-page4.html

Note that this school has ZERO teachers that are not white. Not one. They had a tiny handful of minority students in the school with 500 boys.

While these are not the specific boys that were acting like racist doucheholes the other day, they're all part of the same toxic culture.

And I am certain everything they say about the incident is true. Especially the praying.

I'm sure that racism had nothing to do with what happened in DC. Just like at the basketball games, it's just boys with exuberant and zealous school spirit.

Note the "blackout" theme at 3:48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfBn9QEEz8Q

They’re so fucking racist they invented black body there! Not just black face! OH MY GOD!

My take is that the Native Americans confronted MAGA types because they associate those political beliefs with the white rich men who represent them. Our history of such leadership is a powerful teacher of what it does to non-whites and the disenfranchised.

The GOP now inspires this basic level of mistrust and aggressive resistance even without committing overt acts of racism or oppression. That they and their supporters here don’t care to change their approach to governance is, IMO, a damning statement which calls into question their legitimacy as a national party supposedly working for the good of all Americans.

The kids, to their credit, did not back down and did not escalate beyond posturing and chanting. 

The racist black group that was there was best described by Phillips who on NPR this morning called them black Westboro church types.

1 hour ago, Mickey Rat said:

A high school student who was filmed staring down a Native American Vietnam War veteran during last Friday’s Indigenous Peoples March has defended his actions, claiming he was singled out.

Nick Sandmann, a student from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, was seen smugly staring at Nathan Phillips while his peers stared down the vet as he sang the American Indian Movement song on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.

The teen, who was part of a group of students wearing “Make America Great Again” hats, said that both he and his family have received death threats following the highly publicized incident.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nick-sandmann-native-american-maga-protest_us_5c452fa7e4b027c3bbc2f869

YCMTSU folks, yes you read it correctly, death threats for the fascist left.  :ph34r: 

And they just keep doubling down on stupid. 

Is there a particular reason for you to be outing a teenager or does his privacy or the safety of him and his family not matter to you? I realize that your post was a cut and paste, but a simple edit would have made you look a lot less stupid yourself.

Your deep concern for the youths well being is noted.

“They will know ...”

24 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

My take is that the Native Americans confronted MAGA types because they associate those political beliefs with the white rich men who represent them. Our history of such leadership is a powerful teacher of what it does to non-whites and the disenfranchised.

The GOP now inspires this basic level of mistrust and aggressive resistance even without committing overt acts of racism or oppression. That they and their supporters here don’t care to change their approach to governance is, IMO, a damning statement which calls into question their legitimacy as a national party supposedly working for the good of all Americans.

The kids, to their credit, did not back down and did not escalate beyond posturing and chanting. 

The racist black group that was there was best described by Phillips who on NPR this morning called them black Westboro church types.

Now it’s the GOP’s fault that Phillips saw MAGA hats and jumped to the wrong conclusion.  

2 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

You are such a fuckin’ douche bag.

SMH

43 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

Then your take is that the Native Americans are both sexist and racist.

The tranny with the young tranny kid is not appropriate. The outrage here was deafening.

53 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

He also said

Phillips said some of the members of the Black Hebrew group were also acting up, "saying some harsh things" and that one member spit in the direction of the Catholic students. "So I put myself in between that, between a rock and hard place," he said. 

"The Black Israelites, they were saying some harsh things, but some of it was true, too," Phillips said. "These young, white American kids who were being taught in their Catholic school, their doctrine, their truth, and when they found out there's more truth out there than what they're being taught, they were offended, they were insulted, they were scared, and that's how they responded. One thing that I was taught in my Marine Corp training is that a scared man will kill you. And that's what these boys were. They were scared."

Maybe some of what the Westboro church teaches is true too and we should consider their perspective.

But probably not. They seem like assholes.

8 minutes ago, chum said:

The tranny with the young tranny kid is not appropriate. The outrage here was deafening.

It's only deafening because the left wing media discusses it all day in an attempt to smear all white kids who #MAGA

14 minutes ago, dogballs Tom said:

He also said

Maybe some of what the Westboro church teaches is true too and we should consider their perspective.

But probably not. They seem like assholes.

Starting to see his agenda here.  

Who tries to diffuse a situation with more taunting.  And yes beating a drum and chanting 4 inches from someone’s face is exactly that. 

If his group had approached the teens and said excuse me we would like to go into the memorial.   The kids would have parted like the Red Sea under Moses. 

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Starting to see his agenda here.  

Who tries to diffuse a situation with more taunting.  And yes beating a drum and chanting 4 inches from someone’s face is exactly that. 

If his group had approached the teens and said excuse me we would like to go into the memorial.   The kids would have parted like the Red Sea under Moses. 

And it seems that Nathan Phillips lied about the whole thing.

Image may contain: one or more people and text

I don't know that I would have been so restrained at his age.

Just now, Dog said:

All you old people talk like that.

6 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Any proof he's a vet?

Just asking.

There's lots of proof that you're an idiot.

6 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Any proof the kids family is American?

any proof that Moderate is a cunt?    

20 minutes ago, Dog said:

Interesting.  How many elderly people did you beat up when you were his age?

36 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling, meme and text

Look at all that space to the right. I thought Phillips said he was blocked by this kid and couldn’t get around. 

1 minute ago, chinabald said:

Look at all that space to the right. I thought Phillips said he was blocked by this kid and couldn’t get around. 

I don't know, was the kid moving?

Just now, badlatitude said:

I don't know, was the kid moving?

Maybe you should watch the whole video and stop being an asshole about this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, benwynn said:

Interesting.  How many elderly people did you beat up when you were his age?

None...I was never taunted by an elderly jerk like he was.

Just now, chinabald said:

Maybe you should watch the whole video and stop being an asshole about this. 

Being an asshole? "I was trying to diffuse the situation,"  Nick said, as he stood there mocking a native American elder Vietnam vet, with that smug little bitch ass, white privilege, racist piece of shit face.

Being an asshole? "I was trying to diffuse the situation,"  Nick said, as he stood there mocking a native American elder Vietnam vet, with that smug little bitch ass, white privilege, racist piece of shit face.

Mocking him? By smiling? Idiot 

Classic leftist bigotry on display again... Duke lacrosse, Trayvon Martin, gentle Mike Brown all over again.

39 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

And the left doubles down with this lie.   They never chanted build the wall.  

Phillips claimed that is what he heard.  

Not one audio recording confirms his claim

2 minutes ago, chinabald said:

Mocking him? By smiling? Idiot 

Yea, he just wore his "fuck all' ya all" hat to a women's rights and indigenous people's march to show that he didn't want to antagonize anyone.

Yea, he just wore his "fuck all' ya all" hat to a women's rights and indigenous people's march to show that he didn't want to antagonize anyone.

They were there for the "March for Life".

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

And the left doubles down with this lie.   They never chanted build the wall.  

Phillips claimed that is what he heard.  

Not one audio recording confirms his claim

And we know Phillips is a liar.  

3 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

More lies.  I didn't see one "Fuck all' ya all" hat there. 

Just now, Dog said:

They were there for the "March for Life".

Oh? then what were they doing in the middle of the Lincoln Memorial with the indigenous people and the Black israeli's?