Sign in to follow this  
Fakenews

Trumpeters caught on video taunting American Indian.

3 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I acknowledge my comments were offered before the full story emerged and I accept that I over-reacted.  The kids from Kentucky were accosted and harangued by members of the group BHI. The students did not deserve such treatment. Those folks from BHI seem to be real assholes, and the description of "black Westboro Baptists" seems appropriate.

Mr. Phillips claims he was trying to defuse a situation he felt was getting ugly.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.  But, he put himself in between those two groups and that isn't the actions of a lightweight.  Not sure I would've stepped between them and I doubt most here would, either.  

While there are lots of opinions as to how it all played out, I doubt we will ever know the full story.  But, it wasn't how it first appeared.

Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  He claims they obtained permission from a chaperone to respond to the harassment and taunts coming from the members of BHI. 

"Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group. The chants are commonly used at sporting events. They are all positive in nature and sound like what you would hear at any high school. Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group."

Sorry, but I don't believe him.  I cannot imagine a scenario in which an adult responsible for dozens of children (not their own) would give permission for those students to engage in that manner.  It just doesn't pass the smell test.

If the chaperones did give permission for that, they fucked up and are so lucky it did not go sideways.

What a pussy. Read Dummer Boy's lie-filled interview with CNN.  " I doubt we will ever know the full story." what an ass you are. Oh, and if you watch the full video you see the students singing School song and the School cheer so you are wrong again. Keep digging and lying. It's your only talent. 

1. The students surrounded hin - Lie
  2. The students were about to lynch the Black Hebrews - Lie
  3. The students block his exit - Lie

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/nathan-phillips-maga-teens-interview/index.html

CNN: What did it feel like that you were witnessing?

Drummer Nathan Phillips: Oh, what I was witnessing was just hate? Racism? Well, hate. What I'm saying is that when these folks came there, these other folks were saying their piece, and these others they got offended with it because they were both just expressing their own views. And if it's racism, that's what it was because the folks that were having their moment there, they were saying things that I don't know if I agreed with them or not, but some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldn't see it. They had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile. And that's now what I was feeling.

CNN: Were you trying to calm the situation down basically when you saw kind of things seemed to spiral out of control?

Phillips: I think so. I think that was the push, that we need to use the drum, use our prayer and bring a balance, bring a calming to the situation. I didn't assume that I had any kind of power to do that, but at the same time, I didn't feel that I could just stand there anymore and not do something. It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didn't like the color of their skin. They didn't like their religious views. They were just here in front of the Lincoln -- Lincoln is not my hero, but at the same time, there was this understanding that he brought the (Emancipation Proclamation) or freed the slaves, and here are American youth who are ready to, look like, lynch these guys. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them. They were in this mob mentality. Where were their parents? Because they were obvious a student group. Where were their--

CNN: Chaperones?

Phillips: Yeah, chaperones. Where were they? What were they doing? Why did they allow them to come to such a boiling point? To allow such hate and racism, just to be -- just to be, and not teach them that this is wrong. America foundations, freedoms, the reason white people came to this country is for freedom of religion, freedom of speech. Not to allow these men to have their freedom to say what they felt was hurting them as a people, as a religion. I was listening to what they were saying. I was there for a different purpose.

CNN: Let me ask you about what happened to you. These boys in the middle of this group and you find yourself surrounded. How did that happen and what did that feel like as a person standing there face to face with a young man who seems to be staring at you or glaring at you? How would you describe that moment?

Phillips: When I was there and I was standing there and I seen that group of people in front of me and I seen the angry faces and all of that, I realized I had put myself in a really dangerous situation. Here's a group of people who were angry at somebody else and I put myself in front of that, and all of a sudden, I'm the one whose all that anger and all that wanting to have the freedom to just rip me apart, that was scary. And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this."

CNN: The young man that was standing in front of you, what was he doing and what was he trying to do as you were playing the drum. Were you fearful? Were you trying to leave?

Phillips: That was exactly the thing is that I was there. I seen the mass of people. I had realized where I'm at and what I was doing, and I realized there was other people with me and I didn't want them to get hurt because there was 100-plus of these young men who were well-fed and healthy and strong and ready to do harm to somebody. And they just wanted that point of "This is it" and spring. If this young man thought that he was that point and what I was trying to do, I realized where I was at. I needed an out. I needed to escape. I needed to get away. I needed to retreat somehow, but the only way I could retreat at that moment, is what I see, is just to go forward, and when I started going forward and that mass of groups of people started separating and moving aside to allow me to move out of the way or to proceed, this young fellow put himself in front of me and wouldn't move. If I took another step, I would be putting my person into his presence, into his space and I would've touched him and that would've been the thing that the group of people would've needed to spring on me. Because if I would've reached out with my drum or with my hands and touched him, that would've given them -- I did that. I struck out, and that's not what I was doing. The song I was singing, the reason for it, was to bring unity and to bring love and compassion back into our minds and our beings as men and as protector of what is right. I was raised away from my family. I was put in foster care and so I didn't have a traditional indigenous upbringing. I was brought up just like these young guys were brought up. Well, maybe I wasn't Catholic school, but I was public school. And when I went back home to my reservation and I ask questions -- "Do you have an Indian name? Do you know where I could get some moccasins?" ... I wanted to know, and that cousin of mine that was sitting there, standing there and I was asking him these questions. He says, Go home, white boy." That hurt.

CNN: You told me you don't like the word hate. ... Why is that?

Phillips: I don't like to say the word hate. I don't like to have it in my heart, around me. It's just not a thing I want to carry with me. I did hate at one time. I hated people, places and things. I hated myself and it's just not a --

CNN: Does it feel like hatred toward you because the kids will say, "Oh we were just chanting our school chants and this person came in between us as we were chanting our school chants and we were not being hateful." What did it feel like to you?

Phillips: I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh. Well, yes, I do, I guess. I heard that rhetoric before and it's just one of those things, it's got to be like water off a duck's back. Time for lies to be not accepted anymore. I don't accept their "I'm just chanting a school chant."

CNN: Was there fear? ... What did it feel like in that scenario for you as you were standing there sort of surrounded and the chants were going on and the young man was standing sort of in your face?

Phillips: When they said, "Let's go hit the drum, let's go sing, let's reclaim our space here" because this was the Indigenous Peoples March rally, and when these two groups came together and started that and I was witnessing as it escalated from just two small groups, then the other one just went back and got more people, went back and got more people, went back and got more people until there were over 100 people, maybe 200 young men there facing down what? Four individuals? Why did they need 200 people there other than it's hate and racism? They had their target.They had their prey. And so I wish somebody would've been able to stand in front of the 7th Cavalry and my relatives at Wounded Knee. I wish somebody would've stood there and said, "No, you can't do this."

CNN: We were talking about the issue between these two groups, the one was the black Israelites and the other was these mostly Caucasian young men. You were standing there and they were standing around you chanting. ... How did you feel? What did you feel that they were sort of doing to you or what are your feelings? Their response has been we were just chanting our school chants and we weren't jeering or we weren't making fun of anybody. We were just standing around and he just happened to be in the middle of our group, is sort of the way they're saying this went. How did you feel about it?

Phillips: I felt like I denied them their prey. I felt like I denied them their prey and so they were going to take it out on me.

CNN: Were they being hateful, just bottom line? Did you feel hate from this group of people? Did it feel like they were being aggressive?

Phillips: I do believe that's all I could feel, and I don't like feeling it. ... Fear, not for myself but for the next generations, fear where this country's going, fear for those youths, fear for their future, fear for their souls, their spirit, what they're going to do to this country.

CNN: One of the things they said is we weren't protesting against Native Americans. We were there for the March for Life and we were just chanting -- and this is kind of putting the blame on you -- and that this person came into our space and we were just getting all hyped up. Do you buy that?

Phillips: Not in the least.

CNN: What really happened?

Phillips: They were there looking for trouble, looking for something. Everybody knows the right to life and (pro-choice), it's been like this and they're hateful to each other. And it's because I'm a veteran -- I'm a Vietnam veteran -- that these two groups even have the right in this country to have protests, to have conflicting opinions. If they were doing that, they should've done that there and then when they come into public, that wasn't the place for that. That was a public forum where we was at. We were still under the protection of our permit for the indigenous peoples rally.

CNN: You dispute what they're trying to push off, which is basically, "We were just chanting our school chants and this person came into our space and we were just being happy-go-lucky kids."

Phillips: No, not happy go lucky. If they was happy go lucky, we would've been laughing and enjoying each other's presence and company because that's the kind of thing I like to do. I like to meet people. I like to find out where they're from, what they're up to, in a good way. But what was happening there, there was nothing happy go lucky about it. It was just, "Build the wall" and some of the things that I heard but can't really say I exactly heard that because it was way over there, and they could say, "Oh, nobody said that. It wasn't us who said that." So it's one of those he-said, she-said, things and what I'm saying is that they were very aggressive and they were very ready to hurt somebody. They just needed a reason. Whether I was the one who defused it or not, I wouldn't have been able to do it with out my relatives that were with me at the time. My other brother that was singing and the (inaudible) that was standing with me at that time. There were sons of us that were indigenous, we stood together.

CNN: Do you have one last thing to say, one message to these students that you would like to give to them? ... Also, thinking of them as sort of high school student, they're young. How would you sort of impart to them what it felt like to you and what you'd like them to know about your experience with them?

Phillips: Yeah, I will pray for them. That's what the whole part was was a prayer. The use of the drum, the song, that was a prayer. What I said to them at the end was, "Relatives!" and I got their attention and I said, "Make America great." They said, "How?" What they were doing wasn't making America great. ... the whole idea, the spirit of America, that wasn't it. That wasn't American spirit there that they were putting out there.

CNN's Eliott C. McLaughlin contributed to this report.

• Downvote 4

1 hour ago, hermetic said:
2 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
2 hours ago, hermetic said:

mr phillips should have walked up and faced bhi group

Perhaps. 

Then again, maybe he felt he would be more successful with the students.  I would say the absence of violence after he stood in front of them would support that.

but the bhi group seemed to be the only one's creating a scene by yelling at the kids, the group mr phillips was with, and other random people.  they were the one's looking for a confrontation

I stand by my statement, bolded, above.

I would also offer that engaging with them, as opposed to the assholes who were screaming at the students, seems prudent, no?

I offer that as speculation, as I was not there.  Then again, neither were you.

4 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

What a pussy. Read Dummer Boy's lie-filled interview with CNN.  " I doubt we will ever know the full story." what an ass you are. Oh, and if you watch the full video you see the students singing School song and the School cheer so you are wrong again. Keep digging and lying. It's your only talent. 

1. The students surrounded hin - Lie
  2. The students were about to lynch the Black Hebrews - Lie
  3. The students block his exit - Lie

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/21/us/nathan-phillips-maga-teens-interview/index.html

CNN: What did it feel like that you were witnessing?

Drummer Nathan Phillips: Oh, what I was witnessing was just hate? Racism? Well, hate. What I'm saying is that when these folks came there, these other folks were saying their piece, and these others they got offended with it because they were both just expressing their own views. And if it's racism, that's what it was because the folks that were having their moment there, they were saying things that I don't know if I agreed with them or not, but some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldn't see it. They had one point of view, it seemed, and that was that their point of view was the only point of view that was worthwhile. And that's now what I was feeling.

CNN: Were you trying to calm the situation down basically when you saw kind of things seemed to spiral out of control?

Phillips: I think so. I think that was the push, that we need to use the drum, use our prayer and bring a balance, bring a calming to the situation. I didn't assume that I had any kind of power to do that, but at the same time, I didn't feel that I could just stand there anymore and not do something. It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didn't like the color of their skin. They didn't like their religious views. They were just here in front of the Lincoln -- Lincoln is not my hero, but at the same time, there was this understanding that he brought the (Emancipation Proclamation) or freed the slaves, and here are American youth who are ready to, look like, lynch these guys. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them. They were in this mob mentality. Where were their parents? Because they were obvious a student group. Where were their--

CNN: Chaperones?

Phillips: Yeah, chaperones. Where were they? What were they doing? Why did they allow them to come to such a boiling point? To allow such hate and racism, just to be -- just to be, and not teach them that this is wrong. America foundations, freedoms, the reason white people came to this country is for freedom of religion, freedom of speech. Not to allow these men to have their freedom to say what they felt was hurting them as a people, as a religion. I was listening to what they were saying. I was there for a different purpose.

CNN: Let me ask you about what happened to you. These boys in the middle of this group and you find yourself surrounded. How did that happen and what did that feel like as a person standing there face to face with a young man who seems to be staring at you or glaring at you? How would you describe that moment?

Phillips: When I was there and I was standing there and I seen that group of people in front of me and I seen the angry faces and all of that, I realized I had put myself in a really dangerous situation. Here's a group of people who were angry at somebody else and I put myself in front of that, and all of a sudden, I'm the one whose all that anger and all that wanting to have the freedom to just rip me apart, that was scary. And I'm a Vietnam veteran and I know that mentality of "There's enough of us. We can do this."

CNN: The young man that was standing in front of you, what was he doing and what was he trying to do as you were playing the drum. Were you fearful? Were you trying to leave?

Phillips: That was exactly the thing is that I was there. I seen the mass of people. I had realized where I'm at and what I was doing, and I realized there was other people with me and I didn't want them to get hurt because there was 100-plus of these young men who were well-fed and healthy and strong and ready to do harm to somebody. And they just wanted that point of "This is it" and spring. If this young man thought that he was that point and what I was trying to do, I realized where I was at. I needed an out. I needed to escape. I needed to get away. I needed to retreat somehow, but the only way I could retreat at that moment, is what I see, is just to go forward, and when I started going forward and that mass of groups of people started separating and moving aside to allow me to move out of the way or to proceed, this young fellow put himself in front of me and wouldn't move. If I took another step, I would be putting my person into his presence, into his space and I would've touched him and that would've been the thing that the group of people would've needed to spring on me. Because if I would've reached out with my drum or with my hands and touched him, that would've given them -- I did that. I struck out, and that's not what I was doing. The song I was singing, the reason for it, was to bring unity and to bring love and compassion back into our minds and our beings as men and as protector of what is right. I was raised away from my family. I was put in foster care and so I didn't have a traditional indigenous upbringing. I was brought up just like these young guys were brought up. Well, maybe I wasn't Catholic school, but I was public school. And when I went back home to my reservation and I ask questions -- "Do you have an Indian name? Do you know where I could get some moccasins?" ... I wanted to know, and that cousin of mine that was sitting there, standing there and I was asking him these questions. He says, Go home, white boy." That hurt.

CNN: You told me you don't like the word hate. ... Why is that?

Phillips: I don't like to say the word hate. I don't like to have it in my heart, around me. It's just not a thing I want to carry with me. I did hate at one time. I hated people, places and things. I hated myself and it's just not a --

CNN: Does it feel like hatred toward you because the kids will say, "Oh we were just chanting our school chants and this person came in between us as we were chanting our school chants and we were not being hateful." What did it feel like to you?

Phillips: I'm sorry. I don't mean to laugh. Well, yes, I do, I guess. I heard that rhetoric before and it's just one of those things, it's got to be like water off a duck's back. Time for lies to be not accepted anymore. I don't accept their "I'm just chanting a school chant."

CNN: Was there fear? ... What did it feel like in that scenario for you as you were standing there sort of surrounded and the chants were going on and the young man was standing sort of in your face?

Phillips: When they said, "Let's go hit the drum, let's go sing, let's reclaim our space here" because this was the Indigenous Peoples March rally, and when these two groups came together and started that and I was witnessing as it escalated from just two small groups, then the other one just went back and got more people, went back and got more people, went back and got more people until there were over 100 people, maybe 200 young men there facing down what? Four individuals? Why did they need 200 people there other than it's hate and racism? They had their target.They had their prey. And so I wish somebody would've been able to stand in front of the 7th Cavalry and my relatives at Wounded Knee. I wish somebody would've stood there and said, "No, you can't do this."

CNN: We were talking about the issue between these two groups, the one was the black Israelites and the other was these mostly Caucasian young men. You were standing there and they were standing around you chanting. ... How did you feel? What did you feel that they were sort of doing to you or what are your feelings? Their response has been we were just chanting our school chants and we weren't jeering or we weren't making fun of anybody. We were just standing around and he just happened to be in the middle of our group, is sort of the way they're saying this went. How did you feel about it?

Phillips: I felt like I denied them their prey. I felt like I denied them their prey and so they were going to take it out on me.

CNN: Were they being hateful, just bottom line? Did you feel hate from this group of people? Did it feel like they were being aggressive?

Phillips: I do believe that's all I could feel, and I don't like feeling it. ... Fear, not for myself but for the next generations, fear where this country's going, fear for those youths, fear for their future, fear for their souls, their spirit, what they're going to do to this country.

CNN: One of the things they said is we weren't protesting against Native Americans. We were there for the March for Life and we were just chanting -- and this is kind of putting the blame on you -- and that this person came into our space and we were just getting all hyped up. Do you buy that?

Phillips: Not in the least.

CNN: What really happened?

Phillips: They were there looking for trouble, looking for something. Everybody knows the right to life and (pro-choice), it's been like this and they're hateful to each other. And it's because I'm a veteran -- I'm a Vietnam veteran -- that these two groups even have the right in this country to have protests, to have conflicting opinions. If they were doing that, they should've done that there and then when they come into public, that wasn't the place for that. That was a public forum where we was at. We were still under the protection of our permit for the indigenous peoples rally.

CNN: You dispute what they're trying to push off, which is basically, "We were just chanting our school chants and this person came into our space and we were just being happy-go-lucky kids."

Phillips: No, not happy go lucky. If they was happy go lucky, we would've been laughing and enjoying each other's presence and company because that's the kind of thing I like to do. I like to meet people. I like to find out where they're from, what they're up to, in a good way. But what was happening there, there was nothing happy go lucky about it. It was just, "Build the wall" and some of the things that I heard but can't really say I exactly heard that because it was way over there, and they could say, "Oh, nobody said that. It wasn't us who said that." So it's one of those he-said, she-said, things and what I'm saying is that they were very aggressive and they were very ready to hurt somebody. They just needed a reason. Whether I was the one who defused it or not, I wouldn't have been able to do it with out my relatives that were with me at the time. My other brother that was singing and the (inaudible) that was standing with me at that time. There were sons of us that were indigenous, we stood together.

CNN: Do you have one last thing to say, one message to these students that you would like to give to them? ... Also, thinking of them as sort of high school student, they're young. How would you sort of impart to them what it felt like to you and what you'd like them to know about your experience with them?

Phillips: Yeah, I will pray for them. That's what the whole part was was a prayer. The use of the drum, the song, that was a prayer. What I said to them at the end was, "Relatives!" and I got their attention and I said, "Make America great." They said, "How?" What they were doing wasn't making America great. ... the whole idea, the spirit of America, that wasn't it. That wasn't American spirit there that they were putting out there.

CNN's Eliott C. McLaughlin contributed to this report.

I can understand how you would view a man owning up to his mistake as being a "pussy".

Especially a man who doesn't hide when he fucks up, only to reappear with a new identity, and then denies it.

What a worm of a man, you are.  

Those trying to give Phillips the benefit of the doubt need to read his first interview with CNN posted in this thread ( prior to the long video being released)

Then read the account from Autumn, she is the one who started the shit storm with her video in the how NA view the incident. ( again before the long video was released)

They made claims so far off that it boggles the mind.  The judgements and conclusions they reached based on where the teens went to school, the color of their skin and the hats and cloths they were wearing.  Would start outrage across the country if a group of Whites made those same judgements of a minority group of teens. 

Mr Phillips is a fucking liar. He deliberately and intentionally tried to start an incident while the camera was rolling.  

While he touched on some of the BHI groups comments he also agreed with some of the hate they were directing at the teens.  

There was no imminent threat of the teens attacking the BHI members, they kept their distance the entire time.  The tension was not rising.  

Without Mr Phillips marching up to them. Trying to start something.  None of this ever happens 

He is and was the problem.  Of course the Media and people that jumped on this story will quietly let it go away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

I stand by my statement, bolded, above.

I would also offer that engaging with them, as opposed to the assholes who were screaming at the students, seems prudent, no?

I offer that as speculation, as I was not there.  Then again, neither were you.

Read his interview with CNN where he exposes his agenda and lies. 

Tell us where the students did any of the things he claims. 

You can't extricate yourself with Bull Shit and Spin. The students were. 

Try following Scott Adams lead and just apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion rather than continuing to try and find some ridiculous way to continue blaming the students.

• Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I can understand how you would view a man owning up to his mistake as being a "pussy".

Especially a man who doesn't hide when he fucks up, only to reappear with a new identity, and then denies it.

What a worm of a man, you are.  

Owning up? Bull shit. You continued to lie about the actions of the students and to call them liars when the raw video clear show they didn't lie. 

• Downvote 3

Malarkey is all about honesty and integrity.  Well, in others he is.  Well, if they are liberals or democrats he is.  Other than that, not so much.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Owning up? Bull shit. You continued to lie about the actions of the students and to call them liars when the raw video clear show they didn't lie. 

Not sure why you are going after Bus Driver.  He unlike others that posted at least made the effort to take a hit with his acknowledgement of his original thoughts  

Your reaction is exactly like the politicians with the shut down.  Full capitilation on every point or I won’t except your view.   

He gave his honest opinion as to how it played out.  He didn’t hit every point as I saw it, but that’s fine overall his observations were in line with what happened,  

7 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Those trying to give Phillips the benefit of the doubt need to read his first interview with CNN posted in this thread ( prior to the long video being released)

Then read the account from Autumn, she is the one who started the shit storm with her video in the how NA view the incident. ( again before the long video was released)

They made claims so far off that it boggles the mind.  The judgements and conclusions they reached based on where the teens went to school, the color of their skin and the hats and cloths they were wearing.  Would start outrage across the country if a group of Whites made those same judgements of a minority group of teens. 

Mr Phillips is a fucking liar. He deliberately and intentionally tried to start an incident while the camera was rolling.  

While he touched on some of the BHI groups comments he also agreed with some of the hate they were directing at the teens.  

There was no imminent threat of the teens attacking the BHI members, they kept their distance the entire time.  The tension was not rising.  

Without Mr Phillips marching up to them. Trying to start something.  None of this ever happens 

He is and was the problem.  Of course the Media and people that jumped on this story will quietly let it go away. 

Bus driver refused to read Phillips interview and address the lies and hate he oozes from every poor. 

He is an agitator not a hero. You don't walk up to someone and beat Drum inches from their face unless you are trying to provoke a reaction. That is not the actions of a peacemaker. 

• Downvote 3

17 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Not sure why you are going after Bus Driver.  He unlike others that posted at least made the effort to take a hit with his acknowledgement of his original thoughts  

Your reaction is exactly like the politicians with the shut down.  Full capitilation on every point or I won’t except your view.   

He gave his honest opinion as to how it played out.  He didn’t hit every point as I saw it, but that’s fine overall his observations were in line with what happened,  

In the middle of his so-called apology, he doubles down on blaming the students and accuses them of lying about the incident. Specifically that they sang school songs and did a school cheer. 

The students in the long video exhibited nothing even remotely resembling hate or threat to anyone there. 

Quotes from BD's apology

• Mr. Phillips claims he was trying to defuse a situation he felt was getting ugly.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.  (He Wasn't)
  • he put himself in between those two groups and that isn't the actions of a lightweight.  Not sure I would've stepped between them and I doubt most here would, either.  (makes the Drummer the hero Again)
  • I doubt we will ever know the full story.  (we do know)
  • Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  (calls the students liars)
  • Sorry, but I don't believe him.  I cannot imagine a scenario in which an adult responsible for dozens of children (not their own) would give permission for those students to engage in that manner.  It just doesn't pass the smell test. (all they did was sing and give a school cheer)
  • If the chaperones did give permission for that, they fucked up and are so lucky it did not go sideways. (Blaming the students and their leaders Again. So where is BD's apology?)
  • Downvote 3

4 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

In the middle of his so-called apology, he doubles down on blaming the students and accuses them of lying about the incident. Specifically that they sang school songs and did a school cheer. 

The students in the long video exhibited nothing even remotely resembling hate or threat to anyone there. 

Quotes from BD's apology

Mr. Phillips claims he was trying to defuse a situation he felt was getting ugly.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.  But, he put himself in between those two groups and that isn't the actions of a lightweight.  Not sure I would've stepped between them and I doubt most here would, either.  

While there are lots of opinions as to how it all played out, I doubt we will ever know the full story.  But, it wasn't how it first appeared.

Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  He claims they obtained permission from a chaperone to respond to the harassment and taunts coming from the members of BHI. 

"Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group. The chants are commonly used at sporting events. They are all positive in nature and sound like what you would hear at any high school. Our chaperone gave us permission to use our school chants. We would not have done that without obtaining permission from the adults in charge of our group."

Sorry, but I don't believe him.  I cannot imagine a scenario in which an adult responsible for dozens of children (not their own) would give permission for those students to engage in that manner.  It just doesn't pass the smell test.

If the chaperones did give permission for that, they fucked up and are so lucky it did not go sideways.

I’m not interested in your personal efforts to call out one of the few posters to actually acknowledge he read the original story, as wrong.  

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:
13 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Quotes from BD's apology

Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  He claims they obtained permission from a chaperone to respond to the harassment and taunts coming from the members of BHI. 

I'm not surprised you missed my point.  I did not blame the students.  See bolded comment.

I don't believe they asked for permission to respond to an angry mob.

If he is telling the truth, see my last comment in my quoted post.

Thanks.

Not sure how long you've been around PA.

This is Nailing Malarkey/Happy Jack/Hillary/Nailing Malarkey Too.  This is what he does.  

2 hours ago, chinabald said:

The dems haven't elected a veteran President since 1976. Now all of a sudden its important to them. 

Being a blatant draft dodger - by getting falsified medical reports - is different from legitimate student deferments.

Especially when you tub thump about what a great soldier / General you would have made and how you'd run unarmed into a school shooting.

It's not about being a vet or not, it's about being a craven coward.

8 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I’m not interested in your personal efforts to call out one of the few posters to actually acknowledge he read the original story, as wrong.  

I hit the post button prematurely by accident read the correct version.  I mean actually read it. Then Reply. 

Quotes from BD's apology

• Mr. Phillips claims he was trying to defuse a situation he felt was getting ugly.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.  (He Wasn't)
  • he put himself in between those two groups and that isn't the actions of a lightweight.  Not sure I would've stepped between them and I doubt most here would, either.  (makes the Drummer the hero Again)
  • I doubt we will ever know the full story.  (we do know)
  • Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  (calls the students liars)
  • Sorry, but I don't believe him.  I cannot imagine a scenario in which an adult responsible for dozens of children (not their own) would give permission for those students to engage in that manner.  It just doesn't pass the smell test. (all they did was sing and give a school cheer)
  • If the chaperones did give permission for that, they fucked up and are so lucky it did not go sideways. (Blaming the students and their leaders Again. So where is BD's apology?)

• Downvote 3

8 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

I'm not surprised you missed my point.  I did not blame the students.  See bolded comment.

I don't believe they asked for permission to respond to an angry mob.

If he is telling the truth, see my last comment in my quoted post.

I hit the post button prematurely by accident, read the correct version. You continue to blame the students and lie about them. That is not an apology. 

In the middle of your so-called apology, you double down on blaming the students and accuses them of lying about the incident. Specifically that they sang school songs and did a school cheer. 

Quotes from BD's apology

• Mr. Phillips claims he was trying to defuse a situation he felt was getting ugly.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.  (He Wasn't)
  • he put himself in between those two groups and that isn't the actions of a lightweight.  Not sure I would've stepped between them and I doubt most here would, either.  (makes the Drummer the hero Again)
  • Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  (calls the students liars)
  • Sorry, but I don't believe him.  I cannot imagine a scenario in which an adult responsible for dozens of children (not their own) would give permission for those students to engage in that manner.  It just doesn't pass the smell test. (all they did was sing and give a school cheer)
  • If the chaperones did give permission for that, they fucked up and are so lucky it did not go sideways. (Blaming the students and their leaders Again. So where is BD's apology?)

• Downvote 3

10 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I hit the post button prematurely by accident, read the correct version. You continue to blame the students and lie about them. That is not an apology. 

In the middle of your so-called apology, you double down on blaming the students and accuses them of lying about the incident. Specifically that they sang school songs and did a school cheer. 

Quotes from BD's apology

Keep going.  I have a hunch you are helping people make up their mind about just what kind of man you are.

1 minute ago, Bus Driver said:

Keep going.  I have a hunch you are helping people make up their mind about just what kind of man you are.

We all know he's a lying sack of shit, he doesn't need to show us any more of his warped little world.

1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

We all know he's a lying sack of shit, he doesn't need to show us any more of his warped little world.

Sometimes I almost feel sorry for him.  Then, he goes and posts shit like that above, and I think "Fuck that.  He's a despicable human being."

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Nice try. Maybe one of these days you will address the argument. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

I owned my mistake.  You attacked me for doing so.

Somehow, you've convinced yourself that you get to determine what "is" and "isn't".  That you are the final arbiter.  That you get to call an acknowledgement of a mistake sufficient.

Says loads about who you are.

Just now, Bus Driver said:

I owned my mistake.  You attack me for doing so.

Says loads about who you are.

And the fact you continued to blame the students and praise the drummer says what about you? 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Maybe one of these days you will say something that isn't a smorgasbord of lies and bullshit, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Being a blatant draft dodger - by getting falsified medical reports - is different from legitimate student deferments.

Especially when you tub thump about what a great soldier / General you would have made and how you'd run unarmed into a school shooting.

40+ years and the Dems haven’t elected a vet. Craven coward or not, it’s not a concern of their’s until Trump. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chinabald said:

40+ years and the Dems haven’t elected a vet. Craven coward or not, it’s not a concern of their’s until Trump. 

this is particularly dumb, even for you. 

"the dems" have nominated more than one veteran to be their presidential candidate in the past 40 years - 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004. the US hasn't elected them.

35 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

And the fact you continued to blame the students and praise the drummer says what about you? 

English isn’t your first language, is it?

I am not blaming the students. 

I am not praising “the drummer”. 

I question whether the students really asked for permission to engage with a hostile crowd. And, if they did, whether the chaperones know how close to screwing the pooch they came, if it got violent. 

Chaperones perspective and yes they did give permission for the school chant because they didn’t see it as a confrontation   It was the media and edited clip that implies a high tension event  

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/21/cov-cath-chaperone-stands-behind-students-other-chaperones-d-c/2636426002/

No one with the Covington Catholic group at the time saw it as a confrontation, Andreev said. They didn't think anything of it until the next day when social media erupted with outrage. 

"If you look at any videos, there was no confrontation," Andreev told The Enquirer. "There was nothing to control. There was not any aggression.

4 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Chaperones perspective and yes they did give permission for the school chant because they didn’t see it as a confrontation   It was the media and edited clip that implies a high tension event  

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/politics/2019/01/21/cov-cath-chaperone-stands-behind-students-other-chaperones-d-c/2636426002/

No one with the Covington Catholic group at the time saw it as a confrontation, Andreev said. They didn't think anything of it until the next day when social media erupted with outrage. 

"If you look at any videos, there was no confrontation," Andreev told The Enquirer. "There was nothing to control. There was not any aggression.

So, people posting how the students were being harassed, insulted, called “nigger”, etc. were wrong when they said there was a confrontation? You 

“Because we were being loudly attacked and taunted in public, a student in our group asked one of our teacher chaperones for permission to begin our school spirit chants to counter the hateful things that were being shouted at our group.”

Wow. We were misinformed. 

Not sure what you are going on about. 

yes There was a confrontation, but there was no indication that it was about to explode into an attack as Phillips and others were claiming. 

Bus, it was the Black Hebrew Israelites that had been attacking the kids.

They had been at it for a while.

They had been doing their "Street Preacher" bit most of the morning at the Indigenous Peoples march.  , to the point that one of the Indigenous leaders  came over to talk to BHI, who went all "first amendment" & sent him away.

There's video,,

1 minute ago, The Joker said:

Not sure what you are going on about. 

yes There was a confrontation, but there was no indication that it was about to explode into an attack as Phillips and others were claiming. 

Say, your kid was in the group being harassed.  You found out the chaperones thought it was okay to shout back at them. Do you think you’d be happy with that decision?  

I wouldn't. 

10 minutes ago, Mike in Seattle said:

Bus, it was the Black Hebrew Israelites that had been attacking the kids.

They had been at it for a while.

They had been doing their "Street Preacher" bit most of the morning at the Indigenous Peoples march.  , to the point that one of the Indigenous leaders  came over to talk to BHI, who went all "first amendment" & sent him away.

There's video,,

I’m well aware of that. I hope you didn’t misread my comments. I acknowledged being wrong and see where BHI was the initiator of the problem. 

I still think it is a bad idea to give kids the green light to engage with a crowd like that. 

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

English isn’t your first language, is it?

I am not blaming the students. 

I am not praising “the drummer”. 

I question whether the students really asked for permission to engage with a hostile crowd. And, if they did, whether the chaperones know how close to screwing the pooch they came, if it got violent. 

So when Blach Hebrews spew every manner of Hatred or as the Drummer referred to it "truth" it is free speech but a school group on a civic studies field trip sing the school song and give the school Cheer it is incitement.

A reminder of how the Drummer characterized the Blake Hebrews ...

• "I didn't feel that I could just stand there anymore and not do something. It looked like these young men were going to attack these guys. They were going to hurt them. They were going to hurt them because they didn't like the color of their skin. They didn't like their religious views."
  • "Not to allow these men to have their freedom to say what they felt was hurting them as a people, as a religion."
  • "some of it was educational, and it was truth, and it was history about religious views and ideologies, but these other folks, the young students, they couldn't see it"
  • "and here are American youth who are ready to, look like, lynch these guys. To be honest, they looked like they were going to lynch them. They were in this mob mentality"
  • "I realized where I was at. I needed an out. I needed to escape. I needed to get away. I needed to retreat somehow, but the only way I could retreat at that moment, is what I see, is just to go forward, and when I started going forward and that mass of groups of people started separating and moving aside to allow me to move out of the way or to proceed, this young fellow put himself in front of me and wouldn't move."

And what was your response to this and the longer video? To praise the heroic bravery of this Native American.

"Mr. Phillips claims he was trying to defuse a situation he felt was getting ugly.  Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't.  But, he put himself in between those two groups and that isn't the actions of a lightweight.  Not sure I would've stepped between them and I doubt most here would, either. " - Bus Driver

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Say, your kid was in the group being harassed.  You found out the chaperones thought it was okay to shout back at them. Do you think you’d be happy with that decision?  

I wouldn't. 

They didn’t give them permission to shout back they told them it was ok to do the school cheer.   I read that as an effort to drown out the hate being flung at the kids.   

I’m with you in that I probably would have said no to a cheer, but I’m also not sure how I would react to some asshoes shouting vile crap at students I’m chaperoning.  

Rock and a hard place.  They had to stay there to meet buses and get taunted by protestors or move a huge group and try and get in touch with the bus company.

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

They didn’t give them permission to shout back they told them it was ok to do the school cheer.   I read that as an effort to drown out the hate being flung at the kids.   

I’m with you in that I probably would have said no to a cheer, but I’m also not sure how I would react to some asshoes shouting vile crap at students I’m chaperoning.  

Rock and a hard place.  They had to stay there to meet buses and get taunted by protestors or move a huge group and try and get in touch with the bus company.

The students were there, just as all the other groups were, to support a political view. Their rights are equal to the rights of any other US citizen including the drummer and the Black Hebrews. Prudence? When was any protest or march prudent? By their nature, they exist to draw attention, expose failing, arouse emotions,  and seek redress vocally.

If your argument is that loud and vicious groups can exclude every other voice from the public square if they threaten violent confrontation then God Help America. Let the Bully win. It's prudent. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

The students were there, just as all the other groups were, to support a political view. Their rights are equal to the rights of any other US citizen including the drummer and the Black Hebrews. Prudence? When was any protest or march prudent? By their nature, they exist to draw attention, expose failing, arouse emotions,  and seek redress vocally.

If your argument is that loud and vicious groups can exclude every other voice from the public square if they threaten violent confrontation then God Help America. Let the Bully win. It's prudent. 

You really do love to read shit into what others write.  

I’ll let you stand on your E soap box howling at the internet.

You have proved you are not worth the effort to engage in debate. 

5 minutes ago, The Joker said:

Bingo. 

12 hours ago, Dog said:

Why was this story news in the first place even if it were true that the Covington kid was disrespectful to his elder? Kids are disrespectful (and much worse) to their elders across the country every day and it's not national news.

This is only news because of identity.... Young, red hat wearing, white, male, wealthy, pro-life, Catholic , Republican on one side, and elderly native American on the other.  The story  checked to many identity boxes. It's only news because of its political usefulness.

It is true they were mis-characterized as coming to DC to commit acts of racism and intimidation.

They were headed to DC to commit acts of misogyny and intimidation.

Grossly unfair.

• Downvote 2

9 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNbm4RXzFeCu8_qWBeZ8p 2i0vn6.jpg ornbql824gm11.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgTF-L1o0Ywat51zV8RCO 4841.jpg?width=460&quality=85&auto=forma  expli-beyonce-making-white-power-hand-si images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzRE11_aoDjlgUkxBQp6Z

Check beyond the surface.

This usage is more recent, derived from some 4chan bullshit that escaped the cesspit and made it to daylight.

Prior to the last two years or so this sign was not co-opted.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

Check beyond the surface.

This usage is more recent, derived from some 4chan bullshit that escaped the cesspit and made it to daylight.

Prior to the last two years or so this sign was not co-opted.

Do you just make this shit up to cover your teams ass?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bus Driver said:

I acknowledge my comments were offered before the full story emerged and I accept that I over-reacted.  The kids from Kentucky were accosted and harangued by members of the group BHI. The students did not deserve such treatment. Those folks from BHI seem to be real assholes, and the description of "black Westboro Baptists" seems appropriate.

Having said that, one thing the kid in the video claims I do not believe.  He claims they obtained permission from a chaperone to respond to the harassment and taunts coming from the members of BHI. 

I don't believe he was standing there praying, either. I was brought up Catholic, I knew a LOT of guys that went to Cincinnati Moeller, a not-to-dissimilar school across the river from CC. Many of them were my friends, drinking buddies, etc. In the summer we usually went out partying after youth group on Sunday nights, but I digress.

I thought they were a nice lot of guys for the most part, though a little whacked in their views on girls sometimes. But the one unifying thing NONE of them were was devout. I talked to these guys, drank with these guys, went to religious ed with them, went to youth group ever week, went on weekend youth group trips, played tackle football after church on Sundays with them - spent a fair amount of time with them. And not a one of them ever expressed so much as a single scrap of piety or any urge to pray. Ever. They were all...about as pious as I was.

Catholics aren't really big public prayers, in my experience being raised as one (yeah, I'm confirmed). Catholic prayer is mostly mumbling the Our Father and the Hail Mary along with other people in group. Sure, there are certainly devout Catholics out there, but they don't pray like Jimmy Swaggert. And the Catholic school guys I hung out with...no. They took mandatory religion classes and most thought it was a joke. They'd have been more likely to try to look down the shirt of the girl next to them when everyone else in the circle closed their eyes and mumbled together.

4 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Did you volunteer? 

7 hours ago, Bus Driver said:
7 hours ago, hermetic said:

mr phillips should have walked up and faced bhi group

Perhaps. 

Then again, maybe he felt he would be more successful with the students.  I would say the absence of violence after he stood in front of them would support that. 

Or maybe he thought - as a minority himself he may well be aware of this - that racial incidents have spiked sharply since Trump started running for office. And historically, the odds are if you have a bunch of white Magaheads and a small group of black people..it's the white people bugging the not-white people, not the other way around.  (See: Charlottesville, Aaron Schlossberg, Permit Patty, etc. etc.)

It would be my assumption of any gang of people wearing Maga hats. I would be...cautious...of them, given the encouragement by Trump they've received to punch and hit people that protest and speak out against Trump.

He assumed wrong it seems, the BHI guys sound like asswipes, too.

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

BHI guys sound like asswipes, too.

It's pretty funny BJ that you can write pages about asshole white people but the above is the best you can do for the guys who actually stand out as aggressors racists bigots etc etc etc in this video.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Joker said:

I’ll let you stand on your E soap box howling at the internet.

You have proved you are not worth the effort to engage in debate. 

Don't recall ever asking to engage in anything with you. With only a few hundred posts you are likely another Badlatitude sock so how about you put me on ignore like I just did you. 

• Downvote 5

13 hours ago, Not guilty said:

More back peddling from fake CNN news:

In the new video, another group taunts the students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky with disparaging and vulgar language. The group of black men, who identify as members of the Hebrew Israelites, also shout racist slurs at participants of the Indigenous Peoples Rally and other passersby.

Standing right in front of that old guy is an odd way to confront those Hebrew Israelites. Something doesn't add up.   

3 hours ago, The Joker said:

I'd have told them to be perfectly silent. Grace under pressure. Those Black Hebrew Israelites are a splinter sect of nut cases, not a threat politically. Gandhi and MLK showed that way, and for those kids a golden opportunity was lost.   

10 minutes ago, Mark K said:

Standing right in front of that old guy is an odd way to confront those Hebrew Israelites. Something doesn't add up.   

Did you watch the full video?

21 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

Don't recall ever asking to engage in anything with you. With only a few hundred posts you are likely another Badlatitude sock so how about you put me on ignore like I just did you. 

Oh, man, @The Joker, you have achieved platinum status.  You are on the vaunted "Ignore List".

We all know how that means nothing, as he likes to peek.  And, he can't help himself and winds up responding.

But, to just get on the list is a badge of honor.  Your family should be proud.

1 hour ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

You’re calling someone a sock?

that’s rich.

• Downvote 1

51 minutes ago, Moderate said:

Is it wrong to stand your ground While some entitled ass bangs a Trump in your face?

ftfy

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

They weren't confronting anybody nor was that ever their intention. In fact for a solid hour, the students endure insults like: “You little dirty-ass crackers, your day coming!” “Dusty-ass animals!” “Bunch of child-molesting faggots!” etc. etc. etc. I find it astonishing, the kids keep their cool. Had the old man walked up to the center of the group of the Black Hebrews and started banging a drum in someone's face and singing in chant while staring him down after one of them chanted “You[‘re] not supposed to worship eagles, buffalos, rams, all types of animals! This is the reason the Lord took away your land!” I think the outcome would have been much different. Oddly no mention from the collectivist morons about racism when it's the Black Hebrews shouting the racist slurs and provocating a confrontation! Yup, something doesn't add up alright!

It's okay to admit you were wrong you dimwit. No need to continue playing the Jackass. It's not the first time you've had your ass handed to you and it won't be the last. Get over it. Maybe stick with the toadstool and cumbucket threads, you'll do better there. ;) 

Could I perhaps suggest that the Black Jewish gentlemen were a lot more scary looking to insult back than an old indian guy:rolleyes:

White kids know how to pick their fights.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark K said:

I'd have told them to be perfectly silent. Grace under pressure. Those Black Hebrew Israelites are a splinter sect of nut cases, not a threat politically. Gandhi and MLK showed that way, and for those kids a golden opportunity was lost.   

Yeah but then they wouldn't have been "the good guys" to a bunch of MAGAettes, they would have just been a buncha wimps

Moral fiber gives them indigestion

-DSK

9 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

Could I perhaps suggest that the Black Jewish gentlemen were a lot more scary looking to insult back than an old indian guy:rolleyes:

White kids know how to pick their fights.

You are making a complete fool of yourself.   They didn’t pick any fight.  Nor did they insult anyone, least of all Mr Phillips.  

Applyng the label gentleman to the Black Israelite is an insult to gentlemen everywhere. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moderate said:

Is it wrong to stand your ground While some entitled class bangs a drum in your face?

Entitled class?  

We decimate his people and his culture, he steps up (as a shaman) to defuse a strange situation, and you call him an entitled class?  

Look at yourself in the mirror.  Long and hard.  What would you have done?  Grin?  You disgust me.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Amati said:

Entitled class?  

We decimate his people and his culture, he steps up (as a shaman) to defuse a strange situation, and you call him an entitled class?  

Look at yourself in the mirror.  Long and hard.  What would you have done?  Grin?  You disgust me.

He was not trying to defuse the situation.  He was trying to escalate it. 

Just now, The Joker said:

He was not trying to defuse the situation.  He was trying to escalate it. 

My read is that he was trying to be useful.  There is no shame in that.

4 minutes ago, Amati said:

My read is that he was trying to be useful.  There is no shame in that.

He is a professional activist. Read his CNN interview before the full video came out.  His claims that he was preventing these boys from attacking the Black Israelites are complete crap.   You do not defuse a situation by walking up to someone banging a drum 4 inches from their face.  That is intimidation not deescalation. 

9 minutes ago, The Joker said:

He is a professional activist. Read his CNN interview before the full video came out.  His claims that he was preventing these boys from attacking the Black Israelites are complete crap.   You do not defuse a situation by walking up to someone banging a drum 4 inches from their face.  That is intimidation not deescalation. 

My experience with Native American culture doesn’t support that.  I was face to face with the AIM in the 70’s, and it was a hell of a lot more than drumming.

A little respect.

You diffuse a situation if you truly believe that your music is power. That's why he went to the larger group.

• Like 1

The Nailheads and Jokers here are so wound up about what victims these poor white right boys were in order to steal optics from blacks, Indians and other minorities who’ve actually suffered historic wrongs. 

They are weeping tears of “white lives matter” to anyone who will listen. 

They covet the sympathetic attention, and mistrust anyone who criticizes or crosses boundaries. 

It’s politics by FaceBook, and they are merely competing for clicks and posts. This is not substantive discussion. It is rot and ruin. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

"White-Washing White Supremacy: Media Rushes to Excuse Covington Catholic Students"

In another incidence of white-washing white supremacy, white journalists are rushing to excuse a clearly racist incident involving white teens from Covington Catholic school in Kentucky, in part by discounting the testimony of a Native elder and former U.S. Marine. 

Every single day across America, women seeking abortion and other forms of reproductive health care have to run a gauntlet of intimidation just to enter health clinics. Protesters, self-anointed street “counselors,” and religious fundamentalists bring gory signs and scream, often using high-decibel amplification equipment. They harangue and harass patients and staff, calling them “baby-killers” and promising them damnation. Clinic protesters feel righteous in their actions because they believe they are morally superior to the people seeking care, and they believe they have a right to impose their will on others. These and other tactics of intimidation are an integral part of the misogynistic, patriarchal arsenal of the “pro-life” movement, which every year in January hosts a “March for Life.” And every year, the march organizers bus students in from parochial schools across the country to ensure someone actually shows up. This year, they brought students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky. 
In a now widely republished video, students from Covington Catholic, an all-male, virtually all-white, elite private school, taunted and mocked Nathan Phillips, a Native elder from the Omaha Nation and former U.S. Marine. Phillips was in D.C.—which like much of the United States is land from which indigenous peoples were forcibly removed—to attend the first Indigenous People’s March, a gathering of prayers, songs, dances, and speeches, calling attention to the global injustices perpetuated against indigenous peoples. While trying to intercede in what he believed to be an escalating situation between a large and increasingly rowdy group of at least 60 white teen boys and five Black men, he walked between the two groups, drumming in an effort to defuse the rising tension. Phillips then came face to face with Nick Sandmann, the young man who became an instant and iconic image of white entitlement exhibited by him and his classmates. 

What happened next is telling: In short, Phillips’ testimony about an incident in which a very large group of raucous boys surrounded him and acted with extreme disrespect is being ignored in favor of an after-the-fact narrative created by white teens from a virtually all-white school with a history of blatant and public racism. The boys’ narrative also is being amplified by white journalists, further disrespecting the Native elder and discounting the accounts of eyewitnesses at the scene. This discounting of experience is familiar to many of us: the women who seek reproductive health care who are effectively told we should endure abuse, the Native elder on sacred ground being made the “aggressor” as the only adult who tries to intervene in a situation, the people of color who constantly have largely male, majority-white media telling them “there’s more to the story” of their abuse than what they say. It’s the same story, different characters that we saw played out just recently in the U.S. Supreme Court hearings of Brett Kavanaugh, who also attended an elite Catholic school and whose alleged actions many defended as an example of “boys being boys.” White boys, of course. 

The entire incident reads like the script of a remake we’ve seen too many times before. The initial video showing a large group of boys being aggressive and disrespectful to Phillips exploded across the internet and drew outrage. Then, new videos purporting to show “other perspectives” (including helpful offers by #MAGA followers on Twitter to send me their “spliced videos” showing the “true picture”) were circulated. This was followed by a letter ascribed to Sandmann that effectively blamed Phillips for the entire incident, stating: “He waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I [Sandmann] did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face.” 

The letter was disseminated by RunSwitch, a Kentucky-based PR firm. One of the three founding partners of RunSwitch is Scott Jennings, a conservative commentator, and a former political operative who worked for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, George W. Bush, and other Republican politicians ... But all it took was the mournful letter written by a right-wing PR firm to change the situation. Almost immediately after “the other side” letter was released, the white-washing began. White journalists across the internet paused for a collective white sympathy moment, writing mea culpas at having “misread the situation.” 
https://rewire.news/article/2019/01/22/white-washing-white-supremacy-media-rushes-to-excuse-covington-catholic-students/?fbclid=IwAR2u4lw2qmncdTJ0JNw96sSa7EfS2-cz7qh5cxS4OK-T8idup5HvdF7Mbd0

10 hours ago, chinabald said:

The dems haven't elected a veteran President since 1976. Now all of a sudden its important to them. 

We put one up, a legit decorated hero, and the right wing smear machine inspired the creation of a new type of political operation.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

We put one up, a legit decorated hero, and the right wing smear machine inspired the creation of a new type of political operation.

At least it was named after a stinkpot.....

50 minutes ago, badlatitude said:

"White-Washing White Supremacy: Media Rushes to Excuse Covington Catholic Students"

In another incidence of white-washing white supremacy, white journalists are rushing to excuse a clearly racist incident involving white teens from Covington Catholic school in Kentucky, in part by discounting the testimony of a Native elder and former U.S. Marine. 

Every single day across America, women seeking abortion and other forms of reproductive health care have to run a gauntlet of intimidation just to enter health clinics. Protesters, self-anointed street “counselors,” and religious fundamentalists bring gory signs and scream, often using high-decibel amplification equipment. They harangue and harass patients and staff, calling them “baby-killers” and promising them damnation. Clinic protesters feel righteous in their actions because they believe they are morally superior to the people seeking care, and they believe they have a right to impose their will on others. These and other tactics of intimidation are an integral part of the misogynistic, patriarchal arsenal of the “pro-life” movement, which every year in January hosts a “March for Life.” And every year, the march organizers bus students in from parochial schools across the country to ensure someone actually shows up. This year, they brought students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky. 
In a now widely republished video, students from Covington Catholic, an all-male, virtually all-white, elite private school, taunted and mocked Nathan Phillips, a Native elder from the Omaha Nation and former U.S. Marine. Phillips was in D.C.—which like much of the United States is land from which indigenous peoples were forcibly removed—to attend the first Indigenous People’s March, a gathering of prayers, songs, dances, and speeches, calling attention to the global injustices perpetuated against indigenous peoples. While trying to intercede in what he believed to be an escalating situation between a large and increasingly rowdy group of at least 60 white teen boys and five Black men, he walked between the two groups, drumming in an effort to defuse the rising tension. Phillips then came face to face with Nick Sandmann, the young man who became an instant and iconic image of white entitlement exhibited by him and his classmates. 

What happened next is telling: In short, Phillips’ testimony about an incident in which a very large group of raucous boys surrounded him and acted with extreme disrespect is being ignored in favor of an after-the-fact narrative created by white teens from a virtually all-white school with a history of blatant and public racism. The boys’ narrative also is being amplified by white journalists, further disrespecting the Native elder and discounting the accounts of eyewitnesses at the scene. This discounting of experience is familiar to many of us: the women who seek reproductive health care who are effectively told we should endure abuse, the Native elder on sacred ground being made the “aggressor” as the only adult who tries to intervene in a situation, the people of color who constantly have largely male, majority-white media telling them “there’s more to the story” of their abuse than what they say. It’s the same story, different characters that we saw played out just recently in the U.S. Supreme Court hearings of Brett Kavanaugh, who also attended an elite Catholic school and whose alleged actions many defended as an example of “boys being boys.” White boys, of course. 

The entire incident reads like the script of a remake we’ve seen too many times before. The initial video showing a large group of boys being aggressive and disrespectful to Phillips exploded across the internet and drew outrage. Then, new videos purporting to show “other perspectives” (including helpful offers by #MAGA followers on Twitter to send me their “spliced videos” showing the “true picture”) were circulated. This was followed by a letter ascribed to Sandmann that effectively blamed Phillips for the entire incident, stating: “He waded into the crowd, which parted for him. I [Sandmann] did not see anyone try to block his path. He locked eyes with me and approached me, coming within inches of my face. He played his drum the entire time he was in my face.” 

The letter was disseminated by RunSwitch, a Kentucky-based PR firm. One of the three founding partners of RunSwitch is Scott Jennings, a conservative commentator, and a former political operative who worked for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, George W. Bush, and other Republican politicians ... But all it took was the mournful letter written by a right-wing PR firm to change the situation. Almost immediately after “the other side” letter was released, the white-washing began. White journalists across the internet paused for a collective white sympathy moment, writing mea culpas at having “misread the situation.” 
https://rewire.news/article/2019/01/22/white-washing-white-supremacy-media-rushes-to-excuse-covington-catholic-students/?fbclid=IwAR2u4lw2qmncdTJ0JNw96sSa7EfS2-cz7qh5cxS4OK-T8idup5HvdF7Mbd0

The white supremacy media?

Digging pretty deep to find help for your false charges against the Covington teens. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Nailing Malarkey Too said:

The Left loves their Fake NEWS. Until they get caught.

I'll readily agree in this instance, the hype mongering wankers got caught with their pants down.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 3to1 said:

I'll readily agree in this instance, the hype mongering wankers got caught with their pants down.

Frankly so does the Right. This assuming the worst of your political opponent is a universal malady. 

5 hours ago, Mickey Rat said:

Seems the virtual signaling old Indian gentleman found the catholic goody two shoe student crackers far less threatening. :D How about you? Those Catholic students that yell "it's not rape if you enjoy it "scare the piss out right out of you or what?  :lol:

I have a Daughter. 

7 hours ago, Amati said:

His culture? Do you mean the one that couldn't make it out of the stone Age on its own?

6 hours ago, phillysailor said:

The Nailheads and Jokers here are so wound up about what victims these poor white right boys were in order to steal optics from blacks, Indians and other minorities who’ve actually suffered historic wrongs. 

They are weeping tears of “white lives matter” to anyone who will listen. 

They covet the sympathetic attention, and mistrust anyone who criticizes or crosses boundaries. 

It’s politics by FaceBook, and they are merely competing for clicks and posts. This is not substantive discussion. It is rot and ruin. 

This is a racist post.  You are judging all of the groups on the basis of their skin color.  The kids were falsely accused of some bad shit partly by Nathan Phillips who lied.  And that is pretty crappy.  It is just a good thing the video came out to tell the true story.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Amati said:

My experience with Native American culture doesn’t support that.  I was face to face with the AIM in the 70’s, and it was a hell of a lot more than drumming.

A little respect.

Your experience doesn't have jack shit to do with what happened there on that day.