Sign in to follow this  
Fakenews

Trumpeters caught on video taunting American Indian.

2 minutes ago, jzk said:

Your racism stands as you posted it.

You’re seeing things that don’t exist.  Good luck with that.

Just now, Amati said:

You’re seeing things that don’t exist.  Good luck with that.

You posted it in writing on an internet forum for all to see.  

3 minutes ago, Amati said:

Nice.

So you don't care for the language of the non-confrontational Black Hebrew towards the violent Catholic students waiting for the bus and/or their moms to come to pick them up?  

7 hours ago, phillysailor said:

The Nailheads and Jokers here are so wound up about what victims these poor white right boys were in order to steal optics from blacks, Indians and other minorities who’ve actually suffered historic wrongs. 

They are weeping tears of “white lives matter” to anyone who will listen. 

They covet the sympathetic attention, and mistrust anyone who criticizes or crosses boundaries. 

It’s politics by FaceBook, and they are merely competing for clicks and posts. This is not substantive discussion. It is rot and ruin. 

In which Philly replaces morality  with  group identity as a basis for judgment.

Didn't Dr. King teach you anything?

There is a lesson to be learned here, and I hope the Native American man learned it. 

When the MAGA boys are about to tussle with a group of militant black fellas, do not get in the middle. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mickey Rat said:

So you don't care for the language of the non-confrontational Black Hebrew towards the violent Catholic students waiting for the bus and/or their moms to come to pick them up?  

Hard to easily understand what you mean there- as far as I can tell, you’re making 5 - 7 points, which is pretty fucking clever, so,

#1- duh

#2- ?  Probably should have been in quotes (?)

#3- :lol:

#4- even more weird irony, I guess?

#5- Mommies!  Gosh.....

#6- eeew, really?

#7- REALLY?  Visceral shit!  Wow!

Gingrich would have to give you 5 stars out of 5 stars for that sentence! You packed a shitload into it!  It’s right up there with Romney’s shredding of Gingrich in televised Presidential debate!  And somehow, in it’s ultimate denouement, you manage to imply something really filthy & horrible about Liberals in general, while leaving your chosen audience with the queesy feeling we’ve been physically threatened.

I have a question, which I’ve wondered for a long time (Since I started listening to Limbaugh, at least)-  how long does it take you to come up with these things?  Seriously, these are complex pieces of invective rhetoric that can take days to untangle (if at all) on the part of their intended victims.  Did you have to train?  Or is this a gift?

Interesting to learn the WH General Counsel was graduated from......wait for it......Covington Catholic.

I don't see that as anything more than an interesting coincidence.

Linky

6 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Interesting to learn the WH General Counsel was graduated from......wait for it......Covington Catholic.

I don't see that as anything more than an interesting coincidence.

Linky

:lol:  Hillsdale awaits!

32 minutes ago, Dog said:

In which Philly replaces morality  with  group identity as a basis for judgment.

Didn't Dr. King teach you anything?

Your conservative-fu is strong today, master......

17 minutes ago, Amati said:

Your conservative-fu is strong today, master......

Your hypocrite-fu is the strongest of all. 

1 hour ago, Amati said:

I’d argue that the Americas were well on their way to civilization when the Europeans came along.

south america certainly.  north america?  one big tribal war.  unfortunately indian history is quite tainted by white man writing (forked tongue).  which leads me to - why do you respond to the posters here who don't deserve it?

1 hour ago, Amati said:

Which would be?  Anthropologist?  Ethnomusicologist? Sociologist?

thunderous applause :D

56 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

There is a lesson to be learned here, and I hope the Native American man learned it. 

When the MAGA boys are about to tussle with a group of militant black fellas, do not get in the middle. 

Looks like Mr. Phillips has agendas that go beyond peace keeping.

"While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass".

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/report-native-american-rights-activists-attempt-to-disrupt-mass-at-national

25 minutes ago, hermetic said:

south america certainly.  north america?  one big tribal war.  unfortunately indian history is quite tainted by white man writing (forked tongue).  which leads me to - why do you respond to the posters here who don't deserve it?

You have to start somewhere- especially when it comes to the trend, which I’d say we are experiencing right now in this thread-

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/1039253.pdf

Clint Watts points out that we’re all on the front lines now.

https://www.fpri.org/news/2017/08/fox-fellow-clint-watts-colleagues-launch-hamilton-68/

As far as North America, I’d offer up the Algonquin nation, the Hopi, and many of the groups in what is now British Columbia.  Unfortunately, war, disease, and civilization tend to go hand in hand.  The future shows up in some places before others.

1 hour ago, jzk said:

Racist.  You said your experience with a race/culture doesn't support a reported behavior as if all people from a race/culture behave in a certain way.  Racist.  

Thunderous applause and a standing ovation:)

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Dog said:

"While chanting and playing ceremonial drums, a group of Native American rights activists reportedly led by Nathan Phillips attempted Jan. 19 to enter Washington, D.C.’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception during a Saturday evening Mass".

http://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/report-native-american-rights-activists-attempt-to-disrupt-mass-at-national

“Looks like”. Doggy Style for “this is where I change the story.”

2 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

What it looks like is that Mr. Phillips has a problem with Catholics.

Just now, Sol Rosenberg said:
10 minutes ago, Dog said:

Well, it is common knowledge that all actions by people must be in perfect alignment with all other actions by the same person.

We can't engage in different actions surrounding different events.  Otherwise, someone will try to say the one action dismisses the other action.

14 minutes ago, J28 said:

Thunderous applause and a standing ovation:)

And command of a trend gets a yet another shaky but hopeful  start with subtle manipulation of a wishful fantasy based on Seizing and distorting a couple of posts.  This should prove fascinating.  Probably textbook. So far, pretty amateur, but I’m sure we’ll see bigger guns showing up.

Popcorn please....

4 minutes ago, Amati said:

And command of a trend gets a yet another shaky but hopeful  start with subtle manipulation of a wishful fantasy based on Seizing and distorting a couple of posts.  This should prove fascinating.  Probably textbook. So far, pretty amateur, but I’m sure we’ll see bigger guns showing up.

Popcorn please....

You are clearly a racist - your posts illustrate that by definition.

Own it.

• Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Well, it is common knowledge that all actions by people must be in perfect alignment with all other actions by the same person.

We can't engage in different actions surrounding different events.  Otherwise, someone will try to say the one action dismisses the other action.

It’s as good a distraction from the incident as any. 

17 minutes ago, J28 said:

You are clearly a racist - your posts illustrate that by definition.

Own it.

And the trend gains another post- will it gain traction?

Chomp chomp

I think we have a concerted effort to chase me off the site, to stomp on my voice  But they’re bullies, so what can you expect?

No trend, no bullying, no chasing - just your posts (and some paranoia).

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, J28 said:

amati is no racist.  just stop

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J28 said:

Nice!  Adding an attack on my mental state! Keep it coming!  It’s worked before!  If you didn’t have such a visceral hatred of academia, it might work, but you hate sociology.  You hate Anthropology.  You especially hate ethnomusicology.  

How far across the line are you willing to go?

6 minutes ago, Amati said:

Nice!  Adding an attack on my mental state! Keep it coming!  It’s worked before!  If you didn’t have such a visceral hatred of academia, it might work, but you hate sociology.  You hate Anthropology.  You especially hate ethnomusicology.  

How far across the line are you willing to go?

Maybe consider admitting that it is wrong to judge individuals by virtue of their being part of any given ethnic/racial group, and then move on?

1 hour ago, Dog said:

Hmmm, a liar and a trouble maker. 

So, proof once again that social manipulation works to create divisions within a democratic society.

check out the NPR report this morning. 

People use the word racist around here like some people use the word “jerk” or “meanie”. It’s thrown around like confetti. They use it to label complete strangers in most cases. It’s a feel good word for them, it makes them feel like they’re doing something about the problem, rather than actually doing something. Their friends all like to hear it too.

Good thing for us it’s Wednesday,  Melis to busy volunteering at the shelter for abused Muslim women to chime in with her bs today. Wait, is it Wednesday there?

• Like 1

Listening to NPR yesterday I heard that the “traditional Native American peace song” was actually one written sometime in the 70s.

16 minutes ago, chum said:

Listening to NPR yesterday I heard that the “traditional Native American peace song” was actually one written sometime in the 70s.

Begs the question of how much time has to pass before a song is traditional, no?

40 years?

60 years?

100 years?

Collected by Franz Boas in the 19th century?

Collected by David McAllester?

Different answers reveal different assumptions and agendas all over the map.

Most tribes have ownership rights, of different sorts, of songs in a family or tribe, so the whole thing can get pretty complex.

Well I think in this case a reasonable assumption would be that we were talking about a Native American song that was sung for generations, at least 2 maybe?

Six pages of why I generally prefer newspapers to 24-hour on-line "news" and  social media.  The former have to figure it out to some extent before publishing ("ready, aim, fire").  the latter, not so much, and sometimes not at all ("ready, fire, aim")

9 minutes ago, chum said:

Well I think in this case a reasonable assumption would be that we were talking about a Native American song that was sung for generations, at least 2 maybe?

The definition of a generation can go from 20 to ~ 25 years, depending on the culture, and sex, among other things, so 2 generations could be traditional for a song from the 70’s in 2019 in the 20 year case, and not in the 25 year case.  At the very least, somebody came up with the songs, some died out, some endured, some came from another tribe, etc etc

Well that settles it, definitely a “traditional” song in the traditional sense sung by Native Americans in generations past.

7 minutes ago, chum said:

Well that settles it, definitely a “traditional” song in the traditional sense sung by Native Americans in generations past.

Not really.  I think you might mean a song collected before WW1?  Or before Government reeducation camps pulled kids away from their families, and disrupted the cultural continuity of the tribes?  Native Americans have been playing catch up ever since.  It’s a hard row to hoe.  

I could accept songs as late as those that may have been written about the Ghost Dancers even, but a tradional 70s song? Cmon...

14 hours ago, Moderate said:

Did you volunteer? 

Are you a moron? (rhetorical question)

I would think by now you would be aware that I'm not an American.

And I don't talk about how I'm smarter than the Generals or how I'd run into a school shooting unarmed - while dodging the draft with falsified medical reports.

4 minutes ago, chum said:

I could accept songs as late as those that may have been written about the Ghost Dancers even, but a tradional 70s song? Cmon...

It would be interesting to figure out if it was composed by, say, a folksinger, or if it was based on a traditional song with different words from where?  For what it’s worth, these traditional songs were not written by folks in the tribes, they came up with them & passed down orally from generation to generation, so the question of where they came from, like our notion of individual copyright, doesn’t apply.  

5 minutes ago, chum said:

at least it wasn't disco

• Like 1

The search words were “disco” and “NA” so don’t ask!

8 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

And I don't talk about how I'm smarter than the Generals or how I'd run into a school shooting unarmed - while dodging the draft with falsified medical reports.

You aren't an American?  Do you know what you are?

18 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

Canada doesn't have an army?

Severt Young Bear was involved in the song, and he was part of the group The Porcupines.  There’s some dispute about where the song came from, but Young Bear was involved in learning as much as he could from his elders about his people, so who knows?  Just ordered a book on him, if anyone is interested-

https://www.amazon.com/Standing-Light-Lakota-Seeing-American/dp/0803299125

the reviews reminded me of a joke floating around some of the tribes:

how many people are in an Indian Family?

5!

a mother, a father, a son, a daughter, and an anthropologist.

:)

5 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

The left and the fake news just got their balls cut off on this one. They wonder why America doesn't trust MSM it is because of things like this. EVERY person that reported on this story and did not fact check it should be jailed.

Jail?  Isn’t that what Putin does to Journalists?  

Oh boy.  Another Trend.

41 minutes ago, chum said:

their culture isn't allowed to change and adapt? it's gotta be fixed in your view of it?

nope, not racist at all.

6 minutes ago, Amati said:
11 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

The left and the fake news just got their balls cut off on this one. They wonder why America doesn't trust MSM it is because of things like this. EVERY person that reported on this story and did not fact check it should be jailed.

Jail?  Isn’t that what Putin does to Journalists?  

Oh boy.  Another Trend.

That's kind of the point, isn't it? "Better Russian than Democrat"

Although I think the journalists reporting on this story are probably safe since they're not saying anything bad about Putin.

The big question is, will Putin keep Trump in place for 2020, or find a cheaper less temperamental (younger would probably be good too) puppet?

-DSK

21 minutes ago, Not guilty said:

Does that include Covington High's administration? The Covington Diocese?  National Review?  March for Life? 

They all rushed to judgment, initially, too.  

27 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

their culture isn't allowed to change and adapt? it's gotta be fixed in your view of it?

nope, not racist at all.

So you’re saying that questioning the meaning of “traditional” makes me a racist?

I just don't understand why anyone would try to get between two such groups.  Why interfere with Darwin's process?  

But I agree that deeming white boys to be racist because they are wearing hats with a Klan slogan is marginally as silly as deeming black boys thugs because they are wearing a hoodie.  

• Downvote 1

This thread is bringing the mouthbreathers out in droves. It's interesting that the further Trump sinks, the more we see the dumber Trumpistadors posting here. The rational right have mostly gone into hiding.

• Like 1

Yeah, it’s bringing out the (not so) oblique insults too huh Ish? 

3 hours ago, hermetic said:

Bull shit.  He is by definition - apparently you haven’t been paying attention.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, jzk said:

You aren't an American?  Do you know what you are?

Irrelevant?

Ignoreable?

• Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, hermetic said:

how many is a "drove"?

I think it's a couple more than a "fuckload" but less than a "shit-ton"

-DSK

17 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:
1 hour ago, hermetic said:

how many is a "drove"?

I think it's a couple more than a "fuckload" but less than a "shit-ton"

so like - five?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J28 said:
3 hours ago, hermetic said:

Bull shit.  He is by definition - apparently you haven’t been paying attention.

I pay attention to his posts - they drip with 70's crimson philosophy, not racism

2 hours ago, frenchie said:

Does that include Covington High's administration? The Covington Diocese?  National Review?  March for Life? 

They all rushed to judgment, initially, too.  

No kidding - instead of suggesting who is *more wrong* - I think we'd all be better served to suggest instead that a little more clarification is always a good thing, that reserving judgement until having had time to consider clarifying information never hurts. 

11 minutes ago, chum said:

So you’re saying that questioning the meaning of “traditional” makes me a racist?

given you like to cling to your own bullshit 70s and later traditions - yes. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

nope, not racist at all.

This same argument went on in academia for a long time.  It stirred up bitter  ‘melting pot’ arguments, and worse.  American citizens need to know that European disease, and then the American government destroyed Native American culture.  I don’t believe that Native American culture was allowed to change and adapt- it was forced.  Does knowing that dynamic change attitudes?

Mis, you’re mind is mush, and I mean that in the nicest and most charitable way.

16 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

No kidding - instead of suggesting who is *more wrong* - I think we'd all be better served to suggest instead that a little more clarification is always a good thing, that reserving judgement until having had time to consider clarifying information never hurts. 

Which are you talking about? Are you talking the liberal reaction to an edited clip, or the cynical Trump/rightwing overreaction he uses to bind his followers to him tighter?

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Which are you talking about? Are you talking the liberal reaction to an edited clip, or the cynical Trump/rightwing overreaction he uses to bind his followers to him tighter?

Yes. 

40 minutes ago, hermetic said:

I pay attention to his posts - they drip with 70's crimson philosophy, not racism

True dat, but J28 doesn’t see anything but ammo it imagines it can twist to brutally exploit the trend- 

13 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Overreaction?

The kids and their families are receiving death threats.

Overreaction? 

5 minutes ago, chum said:

Overreaction?

Overreaction? 

I'm usually at a loss to defend Jiblets' rantings - but, re-read what he said, I think you're misunderstanding.   If I'm the one not getting it?  Please, square me away. 

12 minutes ago, chum said:

Overreaction?

Overreaction? 

Funny how you suddenly care about death threats. They are a part of our toxic political culture now. You were all in on Brett Kavanaugh and gave not a single fuck about the death threats Dr. Ford received. Now - go back to your shit facebook outreach memes cuz kaepernick kneels - because your brain is mush Chum. stupid memes are all understand. Dumbfuck.

I read it to mean that the right had overreacted to the carefully crafted lies put forth by the left. In light of what’s happened to the kids, their families and school, I hardly think it’s an overreaction.

You know you’re a hard corps lefty when you’re the last man standing and even CNN has abandoned your position.

7 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Funny how you suddenly care about death threats. They are a part of our toxic political culture now. You were all in on Brett Kavanaugh and gave not a single fuck about the death threats Dr. Ford received. Now - go back to your shit facebook outreach memes cuz kaepernick kneels - because your brain is mush Chum. stupid memes are all understand. Dumbfuck.

She was a lying bitch, these were high school kids waiting for the bus. 

Did you ever hear about the two wrongs thing?

Edit:  before you say it I didn’t then I don’t now condone death threats against anyone for anything, mostly. But not in that case for sure.

Just now, chum said:

You had to go there didn't you chum?

You can't say "memorys are different". You have to go full "she was a lying bitch".

You have to say "these were high school kids waiting for the bus". You can't admit they were bused in protesters.

You are toxic chum.

3 minutes ago, chum said:

I read it to mean that the right had overreacted to the carefully crafted lies put forth by the left. In light of what’s happened to the kids, their families and school, I hardly think it’s an overreaction.

They did. YOu are. You are part of the hard core right wing problem chum. Wake up, chump.

4 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You had to go there didn't you chum?

You can't say "memorys are different". You have to go full "she was a lying bitch".

You have to say "these were high school kids waiting for the bus". You can't admit they were bused in protesters.

You are toxic chum.

Fuck the memories part dude, she couldn’t remember if she was afraid to fly or not! Open your fucking eyes mate!

5 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

They did. YOu are. You are part of the hard core right wing problem chum. Wake up, chump.

So you’re OK with what has happened to these kids their families and school based on the lies you saw crafted?

Just now, chum said:

Fuck the memories part dude, she couldn’t remember if she was afraid to fly or not! Open your fucking eyes mate!

Open your eyes chump and realize you are spoon fed rightwing hate, mate. 

Jiblets - Chum ain't the only one with his fingers in his ears right now, is he? 

Edited to add: 

Sorry - hit enter too quickly.  My point, Jiblets, is that in the comment Chum was responding to "Which are you talking about? Are you talking the liberal reaction to an edited clip, or the cynical Trump/rightwing overreaction he uses to bind his followers to him tighter?"   I thought you meant the earlier parts of the conversation in which people were responding to responses - yet, when Chum mentioned that HIS interpretation was  "

Overreaction?

Overreaction? " -   instead of clarifying, you doubled down on the attack.    

Which intent is correct? 

27 minutes ago, chum said:

Overreaction?

Overreaction? 

Like the folks at Planned Parenthood after the edited tapes? You mean like that?

Seems like the extremes are highly subject to getting played.

Instead of the lame, "see, the media is against the right" bullshit that's been playing for the last few days, how about we figure out how to hold the assholes who yell "Fire!" in a theater, accountable?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, chum said:

You know you’re a hard corps lefty when you’re the last man standing and even CNN has abandoned your position.

These were not "carefully crafted lies by the left"

Per the NPR report, it's like carefully crafted lies by an external power.

Just now, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Jiblets - Chum ain't the only one with his fingers in his ears right now, is he? 

You remember when the last president got lots of flack for being divisive along racial lines? Remember when he said "Trayvon could be my son" and the righties shat on him? How he attempted to defuse stuff as best he could?

Now - notice what Trump does? Picks a side, inflames the Chums.

Now - who's got their fingers in their ears?

Oh, and it was CNN who pointed out the suspect twitter account that foisted the video on the world.  That account is gone, but not the damage.

Just now, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You remember when the last president got lots of flack for being divisive along racial lines? Remember when he said "Trayvon could be my son" and the righties shat on him? How he attempted to defuse stuff as best he could?

Now - notice what Trump does? Picks a side, inflames the Chums.

Now - who's got their fingers in their ears?

Sorry pal - I hit enter too quickly - please re-read the edited post, and share your thoughts on that. 

2 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

These were not "carefully crafted lies by the left"

Per the NPR report, it's like carefully crafted lies by an external power.

4 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

Like the folks at Planned Parenthood after the edited tapes? You mean like that?

Seems like the extremes are highly subject to getting played.

Instead of the lame, "see, the media is against the right" bullshit that's been playing for the last few days, how about we figure out how to hold the assholes who yell "Fire!" in a theater, accountable?

Yes, just like the PP incident. I agree. 

20 minutes ago, chum said:

Propaganda works. chum, do you really like beer?

12 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Open your eyes chump and realize you are spoon fed rightwing hate, mate. 

I’m not being spoon fed anything. I never got past the part where she said she was afraid to fly. What did you think about that Mis? We all saw that one for ourselves didn’t we?

3 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Propaganda works. chum, do you really like beer?

I like beer. Do you like beer d’ranger?