Sign in to follow this  
Gouvernail

Racist Oklahoma University President??

YCMTSU—
    After a couple girls made a video in blackface a whole lot of folks have expressed outrage. 
University of Oklahoma President James Gallogly says, “the negative impact of such conduct cannot be underestimated.”

My guess is the illiterate University President meant the effect cannot be overestimated. 

I doubt he was commenting on either a striking blow or constipation. 

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Gouvernail said:

YCMTSU—
    After a couple girls made a video in blackface a whole lot of folks have expressed outrage. 
University of Oklahoma President James Gallogly says, “the negative impact of such conduct cannot be underestimated.”

He's either drunk, senile, or warbird. Maybe all three.

Any literate person knows it's "misunderestimate".

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

Any literate person knows it's "misunderestimate".

I wish I had thought of that 

• Downvote 1

I say that all the time.

It's difficult to anticipate the level of stupid that some people are capable of. This is why there are warnings on plastic bags warning people not to put them over infant's heads.

Laundry Instructions.jpg

• Like 1

Well I watched his reaction tonight and I’m not sure what you mean here Gouv. His reaction was swift and decisive. The girls are gone (they withdrew themselves), he roundly and unequivocally denounced the behavior, promised more diversity in the staff,  spoke out at an MLK memorial. Did I miss something?

http://www.news9.com/story/39824613/ou-president-to-hold-press-conference-regarding-viral-racist-video

1 hour ago, Mrleft8 said:

It's difficult to anticipate the level of stupid that some people are capable of. This is why there are warnings on plastic bags warning people not to put them over infant's heads.

Do you have some inside info or is this just a knee jerk slur against a distinguished white guy?

My post is purely to mock the piss poor communication skills of a University President..

“cannot be UNDERestimated”

The effect of my contribution to astrophysics cannot be underestimated. 

The guy essentially wrote the incident was absolutely insignificant

• Downvote 1

9 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I say that all the time.

I mutter that under my breath when I think I’m alone.  If other people heard it it they might overmisunderstand.  The genius under which I enjoyed my apprenticeship  told me to use the phrase ‘dirty bird’ if I had to bark in frustration.  He thought it was clever.  It wasn’t.   Misunderestimating anybody’s kindly forbearance, especially your own, is dicey, period.

After the last incident of this type on campus, the frat boys singing on the bus, the outpouring of support for the boys and the fraternity was truly surprising. Away from the press, the overwhelming attitude was "boys will be boys".

Oklahoma Frat Boys Caught Singing ‘There Will Never Be A N***** In SAE’

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/08/frat-racist-sae-oklahoma_n_6828212.html

More disturbing was how their community rallied behind them to assure there would be no real negative outcomes for the kids. One of the kids in the bus is the son of a buddy and he was even stunned by the support from their church for the boys. Another reason why the assertions that racism is dead tend to ring hollow.

9 hours ago, chum said:

Sorry Gouv, I misunderstood the title.

plus he used the double ?? in the title. Of course nobody really knows quite what the significance of that is but still???

13 hours ago, Shortforbob said:

Mueller better make a move soon.:rolleyes:

It would be nice, but absent a miracle, Trump is starving the beast.  

Conservatives will be dancing in the streets.  

• Like 1